Type keyword(s) to search

Deadpool 2 (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Since Deadpool 2 has officially stopped shooting & has an official release date (June 1st, 2018), I figured that now's the time for it to have a brand-new thread of its own, so if you've got something to say-like Deadpool usually does-spit it out here.

• Love 2

The Good Housekeeping issue includes such gems as "A Wade With Words: Deadpool's Holiday Newsletter," " Giving Your Family the Bird: Deadpool's Guide To Carving A Holiday Turkey" & my personal favorite, "You'll Go Crazy For D's Nuts...And Creamy Clam Skinny Dip." 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Well, they may have fired Tim Miller, but it looks like they kept the marketing team. Let's hope Disney recognizes game and leaves this franchise alone.

It sounds like they fired Tim Miller because he wanted to Disney-fy the  movie.

I hope Disney sticks to their word about allowing Deadpool to stay R-rated. (However, I'm guessing it's going to come at a cost, with him having to appear in some PG-13 XMen movie.)

As long as the Deadpool movie remains Rated R, I have no problem with him popping up in PG-13 movies like the X-Men or the Avengers.  It could actually be funny if they do it correctly.  Imagine DP cursing, getting beeped and breaking the fourth wall about it?  It could really be funny.

• Love 4

Looking forward to this, though I'm not really into most of Rob Liefeld's creations. I know that Cable is worth the hype,even if you burden him with the mother of all complicated origin stories (well, for Marvel; ask a DC fan about Hawkman sometime). But Domino? White pip or black, I reckon she's usually good in a supporting role. I've only really read one story with her (a teamup with Scarlet Witch in A+X), and was because Adam Warren did the story and art. Gail Simone is coming back to Marvel to write a Domino series, so I'll be on board for that. Also: with Deadpool and Domino coming, any chance we'd see Gideon, the third mutant introduced in New Mutants #98? Probably not.

Zazie Beatz. I don't know if that sounds more like the name of a stripper or a DJ. A DJ that strips on the side?

ETA: I take it Deadpool #2 or Deadpool No. 2 wouldn't fly, even with all the shit the original got away with.

Edited by Lantern7
5 minutes ago, ApathyMonger said:

The reactions from test audiences has apparently been pretty negative, this article goes through what some of the problems apparently are (vague spoilers):

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new-report-reveals-test-audiences-hating-deadpool-2-much/

I've heard from some other sources that these negative reports are not true. It was apparently shown to two test audiences and it scored a 90 with one and a 97 with another.

19 minutes ago, ApathyMonger said:

The reactions from test audiences has apparently been pretty negative, this article goes through what some of the problems apparently are (vague spoilers):

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new-report-reveals-test-audiences-hating-deadpool-2-much/

I've heard the same thing.  This video breaks down why this is fairly credible, especially given Fox threatening to sue over it.  I hope it's good but definitely going to wait and see the reviews.  It doesn't help that it comes out the day before my baby is due.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:47 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I was watching the Midnights Edge video about Deadpool 2 and, I am a bit concerned about it.

To be fair Midnight's Edge thinks everything is going to be terrible, especially Andre.

The trailer looks like the first Deadpool with...more. I wonder what the plot is because Cable's backstory is weird enough with Scott, Jean and Madelyne around, I can't imagine it without them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JessePinkman said:

To be fair Midnight's Edge thinks everything is going to be terrible, especially Andre.

The trailer looks like the first Deadpool with...more. I wonder what the plot is because Cable's backstory is weird enough with Scott, Jean and Madelyne around, I can't imagine it without them.

Cable's backstory is fucking NUTS and it seems to me that Deadpool is the perfect vehicle to introduce it. In my ideal world, it would be an exposition flashback scene at least 15 minutes long done entirely in Claymation interspersed with Deadpool saying 'Wait... WHAT?!'

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

He he.

"From the studio that brought us...

27 Dresses

The Devil Wears Prada"

Ironically both of those films share a screenwriter--Aline Brosh McKenna who is the showrunner and executive producer for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend also has a mentally ill protagonist who frequently breaks the 4th wall and has moved heaven and Earth for her love interests. I'm not saying Rebecca (the protagonist in Crazy Ex) is Wade without superpowers and with boobs, but there are actually an awful lot of similarities between them.

Edited by HunterHunted

Rumor has it that Black Tom Cassidy who is played Jack Kesy has been cut from the film. It's a shame because Kesy was fantastic as Roller on Claws. Roller was only supposed to appear for an episode. Kesy wowed producers and audiences by making Roller funny, scary, sexy, dangerous, charming, and tender. The casting sounds perfect for Black Tom Cassidy.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/rumor-has-it-deadpool-2-might-be-short-one-villain-1825070359/amp

Jack Kesy was in a micro-budget gay movie called Morgan. He played the love interest of a man who lost his ability to walk from a biking accident. I thought he was pretty sexy in that, and he had a decent screen presence. Cool to see that he's doing well.  Even if he's getting cut from this, he's still making connections and he might get another chance in something else.

I caught a Thanos, Goonies and DC 4th wall break.

Domino looks great and since I love Cable/Domino in the comics I'm hoping for some good scenes (the fight looks good). 

Did the ponytail guy say he was ShatterStar because nope that's just a no ?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That costume looks terrible, his hair is magenta, he has entirely too many fingers, and he better be bisexual.

Oddly enough I got into a conversation with someone on IMDb years ago about this subject. I remember ShatterStar kissing Julio/Rictor but, as was pointed out (to me) Shattetstar is Asexual since his genetically created mate is dead.

I still think of him being bisexual and, with Rictor. ? 

Long story short, I agree, he should be bisexual and, he really doesn't look like Shatterstar (costume is awful)

Edited by Morrigan2575
44 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oddly enough I got into a conversation with someone on IMDb years ago about this subject. I remember ShatterStar kissing Julio/Rictor but, as was pointed out (to me) Shattetstar is Asexual since his genetically created mate is dead.

I still think of him being bisexual and, with Rictor. ?

I had also forgotten about his bond mate (or whatever it was called) being dead. I still feel like even if Shatterstar is asexual, Rictor is his person or one of his people--meaning that he doesn't have the inclination to connect to people, but Rictor is one he's chosen to connect.

I had never thought anyone would do a live action Shatterstar so I never thought much about casting him. It makes me a little sad that they've cast Lewis Tan in the role. I would have liked Sam Heughan for the part and save Lewis Tan for Namor.