Type keyword(s) to search

Deadpool 2 (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Deadpool 3 Writers ‘Thrilled’ to Mine MCU for New Jokes
Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the writers of Deadpool 3, say that joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a 'marriage made in heaven.'
By Don Kaye    June 3, 2022
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/deadpool-3-writers-thrilled-mine-mcu-new-jokes/ 

Disney’s purchase of Fox brought all the Marvel characters under one roof, meaning that Deadpool would now go about his freaky business within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For their part, Reese and Wernick are more than pleased to be there too, as they confirmed to Den of Geek earlier this week.

“It’s a thrill,” Reese says when asked about their new Marvel home. “It’s an absolute thrill to have the band back together, to have a new backdrop in the MCU with new characters, new villains, that kind of thing. You know, it’s never a marriage we necessarily saw coming—Fox and Disney, that was an external thing [separate] from our storytelling process. But we’re absolutely finding the serendipity and the gold in that situation, or we’re trying to.”

Both Reese and Wernick excitedly exclaim “Oh yeah!” when asked if they are finding things to make fun of in the MCU, much as they gently ribbed the X-Men, Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine, Reynolds’ disastrous stint in the DC world as Green Lantern, and lots of other pop culture icons in the first two Deadpool movies. But Wernick also states confidently, “Deadpool is gonna be Deadpool,” when asked about writing for the frequently raunchy, off-color character within the family-friendly confines of the Mouse House.

“Don’t worry about that,” adds Reese. “They’ve been very supportive with regard to that. Now when it comes to a particular joke, if we cross a line, maybe we’ll hear at some point, ‘Maybe not that joke.’ But I think they’ve been incredibly supportive of what we’re doing, because obviously we were doing it separate from them for a long time, and I think they’ve seen the success and they’ve had their own even greater success. So hopefully it’ll be a marriage made in heaven. But we’ve definitely got their support, and that’s a great thing to feel.”
Reese, who says that the pair are working in a “secret vault under an ocean somewhere” on the Deadpool 3 script, also laughs when asked if their recent collaboration with Hemsworth on Spiderhead might lead to the actor pressing them for Thor to face off with Wade Wilson. “Oh man, if he did, we certainly couldn’t talk about it,” Reese says. “[But] it’d be super cool.“

Edited by tv echo

Deadpool 3: Morena Baccarin Addresses If She'll Return as Vanessa
By Lauren Rouse   September 4, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/deadpool-3-morena-baccarin-vanessa-return 

The Direct attended a panel at DragonCon Atlanta on Saturday, September 4 during which Morena Baccarin spoke about her possible return as Vanessa in Deadpool 3. 

When asked by a fan whether Deadpool's changing of the timeline could equate to a role for her character in the third film, Baccarin deflected, saying that she has "no idea," but she said that "it'd be great" to see Vanessa return:

You know, from your lips to God's ears, I have no idea. They're writing the script right now. I'm usually the last to find out anything. I'm not even... I wish I had information I could give you but I really don't. But it'd be great.
"I think when we shot the second film, I would just die. And then after they screened it a few times they actually changed it to include this timeline thing so I think that's a good sign that the fans want to see her again. Whether or not it happens, it's not up to me."

Will ‘Deadpool 3’ Make Its May 2024 Release Date? ‘I Wish I Knew,’ Director Shawn Levy Says (Video)
Dessi Gomez    October 16, 2023
https://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-3-release-date-may-2024-shawn-levy-interview/ 

“Deadpool 3” director Shawn Levy doesn’t know if the film will still make its planned release date of May 3, 2024 given the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike, which went into effect on July 14, 2023.

In an interview with TheWrap for his upcoming limited Netflix series “All the Light We Cannot See,” all Levy could say about “Deadpool 3” is that he’s shot and edited half the film.

“I wish I knew. I don’t even know if we officially have [a release date]. I know we were gonna be May 3,” Levy said of the superhero sequel, which stars Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. “Certainly, the actors’ strike and the long pause in production have put that release date in true risk. We’ve shot half the movie. I’ve edited half the movie. We’re dying to get back to work and get this movie out next year.”

When asked about his attendance at a recent Kansas City Chiefs versus New York Jets game with Reynolds and Jackson, Levy neither confirmed nor denied rumors that Taylor Swift, who was also in attendance, might appear as Dazzler in the third installment.

“They sure are loud,” Levy said of Swift fans clamoring for her to play the musical mutant. “I’m going across the board. ‘No comment’ because that’s a double whammy. That’s Taylor-related. And it’s MCU-related. I’m no dummy. You’re going to have to wait and see.”

Edited by tv echo