Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 - 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

This season has gotten better when they focus more on ranch life.  That's the show I expected to see when I started it.  Still confused as to why Beth hates Jamie THAT much but at the same time every single interaction she has makes it seem like she wants to bang him. The actors have a sexual tention between them, sometimes it just shows up on screen. 

Jamie gets told to kill himself and then not to and then gets chided for killing the reporter but next week shows John saying they will kill the Beck brothers?  Figure out what you want please.

This week Beth's nasty mouth and hard attitude worked for her. It's usually so misplaced. 

• Love 6

Aw Jamie - Beth came into the barn to purposely insult and threaten you - you had a pitchfork and horse shit at your disposal and didn't use either of them. Disappointing.

Funny when Jaime assumed his brother and father were driving him to the "train station."

• Love 10

Jenkins must have been pleased to see Beth's face. The man was lying telling her he was "sorry". 

Wow! Jason gets a mention this week and John completely dismisses him.

Totally unnecessary attitude from the lady to student: "What the fuck are you looking at?" And Monica just stands there with a goofy grin.

Kayce tells Monica he didn't believe there were people who care about taking more? When he was kidnapping/hanging Jenkins last season for his father, that didn't make him a believer?

Jenkins and Rainwater makes a recording to kill the Becks. When it's John's turn, he says nothing and just put the device in his pocket. Good job gentlemen! Future blackmail is coming your way.

Monica is annoying! Is she ever happy in any place or situation she is in?

Didn't take Rip long to crawl out of Beth's bed for the bunkhouse's lumpy matress.

Why is Jimmy wasting time and money with these fools. Own up to his meth days (the Yellowstone folks have probably done worse in their pasts) and just bring a few lower level ranch hands to give those two a beating!

Every week Beth must prove what a low life she is. Jamie should have tossed that shit and the horse right at her.

I'm getting the feeling Monica is going to be the one to die. Probably get killed by accident meant for someone else. I would be surprised if Tate's harmed.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 8

Yes, please don't harm Tate.  Let it be Monica who dies.

The way Beth was looking at Tate made me wonder if long ago she might have been pregnant, and Jamie somehow caused her to have an accident and she lost the baby, which is why she hates him?  Whatever the reason, the writers have done a piss poor job of explaining their relationship.

• Love 10

I’m getting pretty tired of Beth tormenting Jamie for whatever reason. Did he steal her gummy bears as children? Did she have a child with Rip and he sold it on the black market? Whatever it is, I wish they’d just come out with it or leave it alone. Viewers shouldn’t have to wonder why a relationship between two characters is so broken. 

I’m also confused by Monica’s characterization. The writers are trying to portray her as conflicted about moving to the ranch but enjoying the spoils, but we saw this last season and now...she’s right back there again. She just seems like an unpleasant person to be around at this point. 

So the Beck brothers are going to potentially go after a child? And how do they think that will persuade John Dutton into doing what they want? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, rcc said:

Two more episodes this season and I hope we find out why Beth hates Jaime so much.

So glad to see others on here saying the same thing about the Beth/Jamie drama...I really don't like the Beth character at all. All the hostility and anger is just so pathological. What the hell did he do to her? They need to explain this to the viewer. She's just so hard and mean spirited all the time to everyone. Dad seems to lack the balls to call her out on her shit. 

What happened to the older African American ranch hand that showed up? He was only on for two episodes. And the Native American woman that was on last season and for a few episodes this season? Poof! They just disappear? It's either the editing or lack of a storyline for them ...whatever it is, it's sloppy.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, kicksave said:

What happened to the older African American ranch hand that showed up? He was only on for two episodes. And the Native American woman that was on last season and for a few episodes this season? Poof! They just disappear? It's either the editing or lack of a storyline for them ...whatever it is, it's sloppy.

I think it's sloppy writing.  At least with the Native American woman (Avery?) they mentioned that she packed up and left, but with the African American ranch hand we've heard nada about him.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, rcc said:

Two more episodes this season and I hope we find out why Beth hates Jaime so much.

I'm not holding any hope this will happen. I'm starting to believe the writers are making this a running gag. 

Now if Jamie had dropped the winning touchdown pass in the HS state championship game in the 4th quarter with 0.00 seconds, I "might" side with Beth. Anything else (not a felony) would be petty to hold on for all these years!

46 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

but with the African American ranch hand we've heard nada about him.

They couldn't bother give him a decent name. Just "Cowboy"! 

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

OK first of all unpopular opinion time, I love this show, LOVE IT. I will also say that most of my family and friends love it as well. I will specify that all of us save a friend who lives in Jersey live in Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas, so maybe that's part of the reason for the love. 

As for the last two episodes that was so intense. The buildup to the season finale is killing me. I don't hate any of the main characters outside of Kacey's wife, her holier-than-thou attitude grates big time. 

As to the issue with Jamie, if you are watching the behind the episode videos they have said that they will reveal just exactly what Jamie did in due course. I'm beyond happy with the show getting picked up for next summer. 

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Funny when Jaime assumed his brother and father were driving him to the "train station."

I didn't think of this. I thought they were going to kill the Beck brothers.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

As to the issue with Jamie, if you are watching the behind the episode videos they have said that they will reveal just exactly what Jamie did in due course.

Oh yeah.  That tells us a lot.

• LOL 2

So why did the Duttons drive out to the murder scene?  What business was it of theirs?

Why are security guards always so stupid?  Someone drives up on a dirt road and says "I'm lost.  Is this the road to...?" and the guard always walks up to the window to reply.  Given the situation around the reservation and the Y-ranch, I wouldn't even come out of the shed.

How does Dutton have  Beck's cell phone number?

Jaime, poor Jaime.  You should have replied "At least you're as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside".

Jimmy was really stupid to drive the ranch pickup out to the meth lab trailer.  What if they were under surveillance?

Has Gator ever included Beth is the meals?  With her continued absence from the table, you would think he would just wait to see if she actually sat down for more than five minutes.

Jenkins, Rainwater, and Dutton sitting down reminds me of those gangster movies where all three are plotting on how to get ride of the other two.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

but with the African American ranch hand we've heard nada about him.

I thought that was him in the bunkhouse scene where Rip limps in with his shot up leg.  The one who didn't know the meaning of har-de-har-har.

The show is also a bit sloppy in its characterization of the Becks, in my opinion.  They're shown as a couple of bumblefuck city boys trying to take on the ranchers with the help of some rent-a-goons.  They could be a lot more savvy in the ways of crime, and be more than a match for the Duttons.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought that was him in the bunkhouse scene where Rip limps in with his shot up leg.  The one who didn't know the meaning of har-de-har-har.

You mean the African American guy with the beard?  There was a new, older one that was only on for, I think, a few episodes before he disappeared. 

• Love 1

The militant rap artist must not have learned his history.  I know a teacher who might could explain to him what happens to Native Americans who foment violence against White oppressors.  

Jenkins had an undeserved and unneeded seat at that confab.  His sudden concern for Beth was arguably the most absurd thing yet seen in this absurd drama.  The meet itself was cheap.  "None of this was personal."  Puh leaze.  Was there any tissue in Costner's cheeks?  I couldn't tell. 

I enjoyed the bickering over jurisdiction for the murder of the Tribal officer.  The thing is it really didn't much matter as it was all about the new alliance - the Sheriff and the native top cop would have the very same marching orders.  

Jimmy protecting the "honor" of the cowgirl was silly.  She was gone.  It did fit right in with his self-image.  

Wanna bet the Beck's end up getting tossed out of their own plane without benefit of parachute over Confederated land?  

Jason?  Can a hockey mask be on the horizon?

What was up with Malcolm Beck? He reacted like it was his son who got killed trying to rape someone, not some masked mercenary.

And Monica, too late to move and try to claim neutrality, the war already started and you are a Dutton. You might be in The Alamo but the Beck's and whatever mercenaries they can hire is not the Mexican Army compared to your SEAL husband, your nation, Rip and the mercenaries that John Dutton can hire.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

I believe the hate Beth has for Jaime was the reason John sent Jaime away to college. He didn't need a family member lawyer and Jamie just wanted to be a cowboy.

No, she said it. She is waiting for anything to love her brother so she can kill it. She blames Jamie for her mother's death 

29 minutes ago, Raja said:

No, she said it. She is waiting for anything to love her brother so she can kill it. She blames Jamie for her mother's death 

When was that explained?  Didn't her mother fall off a horse or something in the first season?  

• Love 1

I noticed/liked the music in the episode tonight. I confess I don't know a lot of Indigenous artists so I immediately thought of A Tribe Called Red (which it wasn't). I also thought the last song sounded like Travis Tritt (also, no). Still! Enjoyed.

Beth's hatred of Jamie is seemingly escalating, her little rant to him in the barn was just over the top. While Wes Bentley indicates that perhaps Jamie doesn't know what he did to Beth, I disagree. I think he knows and feel guilty about it, or he'd have spoken up ages ago.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, missbonnie said:

OK first of all unpopular opinion time, I love this show, LOVE IT. I will also say that most of my family and friends love it as well. I will specify that all of us save a friend who lives in Jersey live in Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas, so maybe that's part of the reason for the love. 

I'm from a rural Kansas farming town of around 100 people....500 if you're counting the township. So I guess "your miles may vary" as they say.

I don't hate the show, I just hate that a whole lot of it makes absolutely no sense, they drop characters at will, and they've made Beth an extremely unlikeable character. S1 was 100% better and even it has some flaws, but at least it made more sense. 

But hey, the scenery is pretty. 

Edited to add: I'm just very frustrated with this show because I love so many of the actors, which is why I started watching to begin with.

Edited by I-Kare
  • Love 5

Isn't Beth likely to be on painkillers? Vodka will work real well with that, even with the ice cream buffer. Some brain damage might improve her disposition though.

Well, looks like the Becks have been having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week. Poor guys.

Jimmy's not going to be getting any more buckle bunnies.

I spent the whole episode wondering which Dutton would get killed first. So nobody has died yet but my money is on Kayce or Tate, or Monica by accident.

Why would the Becks not be suspicious of a meeting with Dutton to happen in another state?

Totally unnecessary attitude from the lady to student

The guy was openly staring at her chest. I think she was justified in calling him out. What I don't understand is what Native American hip hop has to do with the class Monica is teaching.

the writers have done a piss poor job of explaining their relationship.

I think they've been trying to build up suspense, soap opera-style. Thing is though, they may have created too high an expectation on the part of the viewers. Whatever Jamie did to Beth (or at least she thinks he did) better be something universally regarded as unspeakably horrible or there will be collective eye-rolling.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The guy was openly staring at her chest. I think she was justified in calling him out. What I don't understand is what Native American hip hop has to do with the class Monica is teaching.

It seemed to me it was an effort in "woke"ness:  Showing the privileged students what the current tribal youth scene is really about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The guy was openly staring at her chest. I think she was justified in calling him out.

Silly me. From the camera angle and the goofy look on his face, I thought he (as was I) was trying to read the message on her shirt. 

So this kid's purpose on the show is to be the "clown" and taught a lesson in every scene he's in?

The line "What the fuck are you looking at?" should be said by Beth in most of her scenes. Must be in her contract to have her chest on display.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

From the camera angle and the goofy look on his face, I thought he (as was I) was trying to read the message on her shirt.  

He could've just asked her what it said instead of leering at her like a perv.

So this kid's purpose on the show is to be the "clown" and taught a lesson in every scene he's in?

Looks, walks, and quacks like a duck clown to me. Maybe he is one.

• Love 2
On 8/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, missbonnie said:

As for the last two episodes that was so intense. The buildup to the season finale is killing me. I don't hate any of the main characters outside of Kacey's wife, her holier-than-thou attitude grates big time. 

As to the issue with Jamie, if you are watching the behind the episode videos they have said that they will reveal just exactly what Jamie did in due course. I'm beyond happy with the show getting picked up for next summer. 

Odd.  I assume the reason I hate the show is that I grew up in Montana and still have many friends and family there, some of whom  are involved in state government. I live in Colorado these days.  I hate that Montana is being depicted as a state without laws, where people can disappear by just taking them across the line to Wyoming and shooting them, as though the year is 1889 and elections are apparently not held or are controlled by big ranchers.  

The plot wanders, the characterizations are inconsistent, incomplete, and baffling,  and there does not seem to be any prevailing, overarching theme.    I am glad someone likes it, but I do not understand why.

• Love 9
On 8/16/2019 at 10:08 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I spent the whole episode wondering which Dutton would get killed first. So nobody has died yet but my money is on Kayce or Tate, or Monica by accident.

Yeah, because that happens all the time on family ranches.  Or killing of enemies, etc

• Love 1

Yeah, because that happens all the time on family ranches.  Or killing of enemies, etc 

Since the murder of a favored Dutton is a plot development on this show, which is a fictional representation of big ranch life in Montana and not intended to be a documentary, yeah.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Since the murder of a favored Dutton is a plot development on this show, which is a fictional representation of big ranch life in Montana and not intended to be a documentary, yeah.

This is not intended to be a documentary, but I did not expect a fantasy.  

• Love 2

This is not intended to be a documentary, but I did not expect a fantasy.   

I feel your pain. 🙂 For example, Shonda Rhimes did a soapy take on the Romeo and Juliet story which supposedly was taking place in the Italian countryside. Problem was, I noticed the frequent exterior shots of castles and such were actually in Spain. Seeing the wrong architecture and geography took me right out of the show.

Sometimes it's just going to be hard to suspend disbelief. In general though I don't think showrunners and producers are worried too much about the relatively small part of the audience who actually can sweat the details.

• Love 2

I agree with those that think whatever happened between Jamie and Beth has to do with Beth's ability to have a child. I'd bet that something Jamie did, directly or indirectly, resulted in Beth losing Rip's child and/or resulting in her infertility. I know there was the flashback of Jamie at Christmas expressing, even back then, irritation with Beth but I think it'd be more dramatic if that was just a minor moment and at one point Jamie and Beth were actually very close and this contemptuous relationship happened after the major event. Kelly Reilly has referred to what happened as "heartbreaking" and "a betrayal." I tend to think that would be more poignant if they were close and not already at odds. I don't know if that's why John doesn't love him the same as the others. That I think may be another revelation down the line. 

And while she's by far the weakest character and actor on the show, IMO, that is not my (only) reason for thinking Monica dies. I think when Beck pushed the photos aside and the large one of Tate was on top it was a misdirect and the easter egg is Monica's photo separate from the rest. Sure it could just be to acknowledge she'll leave or she'll never truly feel like she fits but something needs to happen to harden Kacey so much he sets firmly on the road to being John Jr. and all about the ranch. Losing his wife will do that. He'd be seriously damaged but survive, he wouldn't survive losing Tate. (I SWEAR IF THEY HURT ONE HAIR ON TATE'S HEAD!!!!) 

Also, if Monica dies and Tate is there with her it mirrors Kacey's own experience. Being out in the wilderness and watching his mother take her final breath. And Kacey will know exactly what John felt like. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, luckylou said:

Odd.  I assume the reason I hate the show is that I grew up in Montana and still have many friends and family there, some of whom  are involved in state government. I live in Colorado these days.  I hate that Montana is being depicted as a state without laws, where people can disappear by just taking them across the line to Wyoming and shooting them, as though the year is 1889 and elections are apparently not held or are controlled by big ranchers.  

The plot wanders, the characterizations are inconsistent, incomplete, and baffling,  and there does not seem to be any prevailing, overarching theme.    I am glad someone likes it, but I do not understand why.

I think that many times people expect too much from television. I'm not referring to you specifically, it's just that I've found that many times they are unwilling to let go of reality when it comes to television. Not every show NEEDS to make perfect sense, have character development to the 9th degree etc etc. I watch this show to be entertained period. I honestly don't have the slightest interest if this show is 100% accurate or politically correct or whatever. I mean I didn't sit through many years of Grey's Anatomy, ER, Dallas, LA Law, Boston Legal or Dynasty because I honestly thought that was how it really was. Sometimes I find that I enjoy a show much more if I am willing to watch it for what it is and not worrying what it's "doing wrong" so to speak.

1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

I agree with those that think whatever happened between Jamie and Beth has to do with Beth's ability to have a child. I'd bet that something Jamie did, directly or indirectly, resulted in Beth losing Rip's child and/or resulting in her infertility.

This is my theory as well, especially given her reaction to watching Rip with Tate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I just look at the Yellowstone as what if we really saw how Ben Cartwright held on to his Bonanza on the Ponderosa 150 years ago. With the addition to the occasional "fuck" and ass cleavage showing instead of a standing kiss. On the other show The Big Valley Audrey Barkley in the pilot episode was a lot closer to Beth then the blond angel she was turned into for the bulk of the series run.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I agree with those that think whatever happened between Jamie and Beth has to do with Beth's ability to have a child. I'd bet that something Jamie did, directly or indirectly, resulted in Beth losing Rip's child and/or resulting in her infertility. I know there was the flashback of Jamie at Christmas expressing, even back then, irritation with Beth but I think it'd be more dramatic if that was just a minor moment and at one point Jamie and Beth were actually very close and this contemptuous relationship happened after the major event. Kelly Reilly has referred to what happened as "heartbreaking" and "a betrayal." I tend to think that would be more poignant if they were close and not already at odds. I don't know if that's why John doesn't love him the same as the others. That I think may be another revelation down the line. 

I don't necessarily disagree with this thought, as I had a similar one, but I am conflicted. Rip and Jaime had an exchange in an earlier ep (when Rip helped Jaime with the body), where Jaime says "I've always treated you like an equal" and something about them being friends. Rip agrees with that, and decides to help Jaime. Would Beth keep something that big from Rip, and would Rip would continue to be friendly with Jaime if he knew? BUT has Rip seen Beth be brutal with Jaime? I haven't been watching for that in particular, so I am unsure.

Edited by mledawn
Editing out random words
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, mledawn said:

I don't necessarily disagree with this thought, as I had a similar one, but I am conflicted. Rip and Jaime had an exchange in an earlier ep (when Rip helped Jaime with the body), where Jaime says "I've always treated you like an equal" and something about them being friends. Rip agrees with that, and decides to help Jaime. Would Beth keep something that big from Rip, and would Rip would continue to be friendly with Jaime if he knew? BUT has Rip seen Beth be brutal with Jaime? I haven't been watching for that in particular, so I am unsure.

That's why I'm leaning more towards something happening that causes her to lose her ability to have children rather than loose Rip's child. Because, unless it happened without Rip ever knowing or knowing the whole story, I don't think he'd be so cool with Jamie. It's also possible that if something like this theory happened, Beth holds much more anger and resentment (aka seething hatred) towards Jamie over it than the others because it affected her personally. If it was a horrible accident or something unintended, Beth being Beth would never forgive Jamie but the others may see the situation with more nuance. 

• Love 2

Ooooooh no, they actually went there. I was hoping that all that telegraphing last week would be a red herring. They better not kill Tate, I don't think that I can hang on if that happens. I was not surprised that Jamie's former fling was knocked up. I will say that I was over here going "get em Beth" when she got to the boutique. 

• Love 10

The return and quick departure of Cowboy. It seems the writers had some jokes in the dialogue addressing his disappearance (Daddy Costner forgot about him).

Earlier in the episode, I was hoping Tate had slipped and fell in shit.

Jimmy! If you had been upfront with Rip or Lloyd, the two fools would have been dealt with, no money given, grandpa may have been alive today, and all wranglers are at the ranch (Tate not kidanpped). But you got your buckle (minus the cash) back, so all is good for you!

I thought Jamie was gay? Did the writers make a change in his preference?

If Christina is worried for her and the baby's safety, she would have left town a long time ago. 

The writing/plots for Monica is getting terrible. What the hell was that scene? At first, I could see Sales Associate Sally and store security watching Monica. Then it all went downhill from there with the accusation, camera not working, call for police and strip search . And to sink further in nonsense......Monica calls Beth (of all people) and she shows up to dismiss the police, destroy the store, force Sales Associate Sally to strip and hint at rape (WTF). But she got an apology out of her. I'm sure in real life Beth's response/action is the best way to go for folks taking notes. Where did the other two employees go? Lunch break?

If Monica lived in that town all her life, she must have known the store has a reputation for being racist or the prices are outrageous. Why bother go in there? Support her local people's business.

No matter what Beth did, she didn't gain any points in my book. Still evil!

The police is weak in this town.

Poor Jenkins thinking there was some truce between him and John.

The Becks should have been dealt with a long time ago. What was John waiting for after Beth/Jason were attacked? Dropping a bomb (or whatever that was) in an airplane is not enough.

I still would be surprised if Tate's dead. 

How long was Tate missing? The ice cream never melted.

Maybe there are too many episode in this season and the writers didn't have enough material to fill it. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

How delicious was the interim before Company Beth of the Dutton Cavalry arrived at the store?  Awesome.

Even in Montana, the strip search would never have happened as it did.  Costner, er, Monica made the point about day-to-day injustices.  Dignity trashed.  OK.  Got it.  Let's just forget the radical rap from last week as the Confederation was granted the mantle of forgiving righteousness by way of Monica.  Innocents all the way!

I liked the conversation Beth had with Monica in the bar.  She was still calling for a war.  Nothing short of that can separate Kayce from his legacy.  Even the Tate scare would not be enough.  

There's reasons a Rip would never act rashly to "protect" a Jimmy.  He will alllllllways protect the brand - which is why he would have wrecked the meth heads earlier for destroying his truck window.  The cowgirl would have explained what happened.  But, OK.  It's TV.  Suspend disbelief.

Daddy Fredo?  Next.

Did Jenkins cross the line about getting "personal" with his frenemy?  It made total sense for him to try to get JD to buy him out.  JD admitting his financial weakness?  Never in a million years.

Calling it now.  Tate is on the plane at some point.  The Becks bring him as the ultimate pawn.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I liked the conversation Beth had with Monica in the bar.  

Calling it now.  Tate is on the plane at some point.  The Becks bring him as the ultimate pawn.  

I liked that conversation too, especially when Beth pointed out that Veronica would never forget that day because Monica had been decent. 

My theory with regard to Tate is that Jenkins is responsible for Tates disappearance. I'm basing this purely off of the dream Rainwater had in the first episode of this season. 

ETA These boys are going to find out the hard way that they messed with the wrong male member of the Dutton family and I don't mean John. 

Edited by missbonnie
Added another comment to my original post.
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

How delicious was the interim before Company Beth of the Dutton Cavalry arrived at the store?  Awesome.

Even in Montana, the strip search would never have happened as it did.  Costner, er, Monica made the point about day-to-day injustices.  Dignity trashed.  OK.  Got it.  Let's just forget the radical rap from last week as the Confederation was granted the mantle of forgiving righteousness by way of Monica.  Innocents all the way!

I liked the conversation Beth had with Monica in the bar.  She was still calling for a war.  Nothing short of that can separate Kayce from his legacy.  Even the Tate scare would not be enough.  

There's reasons a Rip would never act rashly to "protect" a Jimmy.  He will alllllllways protect the brand - which is why he would have wrecked the meth heads earlier for destroying his truck window.  The cowgirl would have explained what happened.  But, OK.  It's TV.  Suspend disbelief.

Daddy Fredo?  Next.

Did Jenkins cross the line about getting "personal" with his frenemy?  It made total sense for him to try to get JD to buy him out.  JD admitting his financial weakness?  Never in a million years.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

To me, it was a convenient way to give us a medical scare, with the M*A*S*H veterinary trailer and Cowboy doing their thang.  We also got actual guts!  

For John to have had a cancer-related episode/incident crisis, his demise would be imminent, which TPTB can't have.  So, a bleeding ulcer it is!  They were actually consistent in the cancer diagnosis with John mentioning it not once, but twice, as he was being laid on to the table and the Vet saying this wasn't about any cancer.

In season one, his family didn't even know

The plane is set to go down, right?  Kayce and friends messed with it?  So, if Tate is on the plane, Tate is going down with them was my first thought.  What else would they have been doing with the plane, did I miss something?

• Love 1

While it was a good thing for Beth to come to Monica's defense, leave it to sick minded, demented Beth to take things too far.  There was no need for her to break shit and threaten to rape the woman.  Also, I don't know if that's how people in Montana dress, but I thought the stuff in that store was ugly.

I thought Jamie was gay, but maybe I got him mixed up with the guy on The Son who was gay.   

Still no enlightenment on why Beth hates Jamie.  

Oh well, at least I got to see Cowboy one last time.  I thought it was interesting that he suggested to the other African American cowboy that he should leave.  I wonder if the guy will take his advice. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, langford peel said:

After Beth got a severe beating and her face was all lumpy and bruised and scarred....she looked exactly like Vicki Gunvaldson.  

The thing is, I don't think anyone in town was shocked to see her beat up face.  No one looked concerned either.  They probably thought she had it coming.

• Love 5