Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I'm reading something on Twitter that makes it sound like Sonny and Paul get engaged.  I cannot WAIT for the soapy drama of a BFTD Will walking into their wedding.  Seeing these kind of soap tropes playing out with gay characters is so cool.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Why are Paul and Sonny wanting to share their special day with a couple that has been married before. Talk about cheap. And by cheap, I mean the showrunners.

To be fair, I think that happened yeeeeears ago with Melissa/Pete and Maggie/Mickey, so it's not new, at least. And Abigail/Sonny are also cousins. Maybe they want a family thing.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Why are Paul and Sonny wanting to share their special day with a couple that has been married before. Talk about cheap. And by cheap, I mean the showrunners.

But again, I kinda like that Paul and Sonny are being treated here like any other soap couple.  There's no big exclamation point about this being A Gay Wedding like they kinda had to do with Sonny and Will.

I also read something about Chad and Sonny agreeing to be each others' best men.  And because this is a soap, Abigail will probably ask Gabi to be her maid of honor, even though she was fucking her soon-to-be-husband like five minutes ago.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But again, I kinda like that Paul and Sonny are being treated here like any other soap couple.  There's no big exclamation point about this being A Gay Wedding like they kinda had to do with Sonny and Will.

I also read something about Chad and Sonny agreeing to be each others' best men.  And because this is a soap, Abigail will probably ask Gabi to be her maid of honor, even though she was fucking her soon-to-be-husband like five minutes ago.

Why doesn't she ask Paul?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Of course she will...becauz she's the wonderful forgiving Abigail doncha know? God I cannot stand her lol. If she does, I hope Gabs tells her no, that maid of honor should be someone who hasnt slept with the groom lol

• Love 2

Of course she will...becauz she's the wonderful forgiving Abigail doncha know? God I cannot stand her lol. If she does, I hope Gabs tells her no, that maid of honor should be someone who hasnt slept with the groom lol

Does Abby have any other female friends? Does anyone?

Last time, Jennifer was her matron of honor

• Love 1
On 8/9/2017 at 2:18 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Sorry. Won't let me delete

My dream is for Will to show up at this farce of a wedding and condemn everyone for accepting this relationship...including Marlena and Gabi and Abby and Chad. 

Wanting your friend to be happy after the death of his spouse is perfectly acceptable and normal and fine. Wanting him to be happy with the guy with whom his husband cheated? Gross gross gross. Also? Disloyal to Will's memory. I understand Marlena kinda b/c of John/Paul...but Gabi? No freakin' way should she be Team PaulSon. Neither should Chabby but hey, they're so self absorbed I can see where they'd flake.

• Love 2

We are on total opposite sides of the spectrum there.  Will coming in and immediately whining that he's been betrayed would put me off him with a quickness.  Be upset Sonny moved on, sure, but getting all, "How dare you!" to his loved ones he's just reunited with?  Nah.

In other news, it kinda clicked for me that Ron seems to really being going with a theme of duality.  A pair of doppelgangers, Brady and Lucas both falling off the wagon at the same time, a double wedding.  Perhaps a return to Melaswen is next lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We are on total opposite sides of the spectrum there.  Will coming in and whining that he's been betrayed would put me off him immediately.

Exactly, because where the heck has he been??

• Love 3

I guess the question is how much Will will (heh) know before he's seen by anyone.  On GH, for example, Robin knew about Patrick and Sabrina, but was forced by evil doers to bite her tongue and stay hidden for a while. 

Also, if Will's brainwashed or a Pawn/Gina 2.0, he might not even realize the significance of what he's stumbled into, he might not even recognize his loved ones.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Marlena's reunion with John as Roman on the pier was epic.  Marlena coming out of the shadows and saying Roman,  it's me Marlena and that kiss between them.  Poor Isabella!  Marlena knew that Roman had moved on with Isabella and had no intention of disrupting their lives. However, seeing Roman , the love of her life, she could not resist calling him.. Dee and Drake's chemistry was on fire.  I also remember weeks after her return. Marlena had a wonderful conversation with Bo, I always loved the Bo/Marlena connection, we did not get any of that, when Bo came back, but, I digress. She expressed her jealousy of Isabella being with Roman. Intellectually, she understood why he moved on, but, emotionally, it hurt her deeply. It was fitting that she had that conversation with Bo because he was with Carly, when Hope was "dead".    In a way, Marlena, gave him some insight on how Hope would feel about him being with Carly.  That was one of the obstacles that kept Bo from being with Carly.  Sherry was always good at writing moments like these between characters. 

I think Hope's return at Maison Blanche was also  wonderful. This was before the internet and the spoilers.  Bo and Billie committing to each other, as a family, with Shawn-Douglas.  Suddenly, John comes in with an unconscious Hope.  I did not care about Billie's pain. I always thought her relationship with Bo was contrived. Whereas, Bo and Carly were divine.

I wonder how Ron will do Will's..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Exactly, because where the heck has he been??

I'm running on the assumption that he COULDN'T be there not that he willingly left/faked his death...unless it was Witness Protection or something. So, he'd not be the bad guy in being alive, etc..

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I'm running on the assumption that he COULDN'T be there not that he willingly left/faked his death...unless it was Witness Protection or something. So, he'd not be the bad guy in being alive, etc..

That's probably true, and I'm not trying to imply that he's the bad guy either.  But the fact is, he's gone, everyone thinks he's dead, and they had to move on with their lives.  He can't come swooping in and expect them to have put their lives on hold for years and still be waiting for him as if he just ran to the corner market 10 minutes ago.  He can't say he's been betrayed; he wasn't there.

• Love 1

I too am working on the assumption that Will is being held against his (heh) will.

Also, let's not forget that Will and Sonny weren't all loved up when he "died".  They were apart because of Will's lying and cheating.  So Will has bridges to build with Sonny too, AFAIC.  Make it messy and soapy, Ron!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

That's probably true, and I'm not trying to imply that he's the bad guy either.  But the fact is, he's gone, everyone thinks he's dead, and they had to move on with their lives.  He can't come swooping in and expect them to have put their lives on hold for years and still be waiting for him as if he just ran to the corner market 10 minutes ago.  He can't say he's been betrayed; he wasn't there.

No but he should expect some level of loyalty wrt it being PAUL that Sonny has chosen to move on with. Will wasn't innocent (unless it was a doppleganger that cheated, lied, etc..)...but Sonny wasn't a saint, either. I don't want to get into all of that again but yeah, no. LOL

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

No but he should expect some level of loyalty wrt it being PAUL that Sonny has chosen to move on with. Will wasn't innocent (unless it was a doppleganger that cheated, lied, etc..)...but Sonny wasn't a saint, either. I don't want to get into all of that again but yeah, no. LOL

Most of Will's family were turned into Paul supporters and some into Paulson shippers. Will's death didn't drive any stories as he was basically forgotten.  You had Daniel getting things named after him in Salem.  Even, Sami his mother was off chasing after her dead rapist EJ.. Hope's death drove stories, we saw how it affected the people of Salem. Bo's struggle and grief was palpable and when he moved on with Carly. It was sublime.. Hope was never forgotten, even when he was with her, the subtext was there.. We had none of that with Will's death.

• Love 4

I wouldn't mind it one bit if once Will comes back the show sort of retcons everybody forgetting him and has characters suddenly explaining the ways in which Will's death traumatized or impacted them. I know we didn't see much of that on screen, but I'd like to pretend they actually gave a damn about him even though the show didn't let them.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Marlena's reunion with John as Roman on the pier was epic.  Marlena coming out of the shadows and saying Roman,  it's me Marlena and that kiss between them.  Poor Isabella!  Marlena knew that Roman had moved on with Isabella and had no intention of disrupting their lives. However, seeing Roman , the love of her life, she could not resist calling him.. Dee and Drake's chemistry was on fire.  I also remember weeks after her return. Marlena had a wonderful conversation with Bo, I always loved the Bo/Marlena connection, we did not get any of that, when Bo came back, but, I digress. She expressed her jealousy of Isabella being with Roman. Intellectually, she understood why he moved on, but, emotionally, it hurt her deeply. It was fitting that she had that conversation with Bo because he was with Carly, when Hope was "dead".    In a way, Marlena, gave him some insight on how Hope would feel about him being with Carly.  That was one of the obstacles that kept Bo from being with Carly.  Sherry was always good at writing moments like these between characters. 

I think Hope's return at Maison Blanche was also  wonderful. This was before the internet and the spoilers.  Bo and Billie committing to each other, as a family, with Shawn-Douglas.  Suddenly, John comes in with an unconscious Hope.  I did not care about Billie's pain. I always thought her relationship with Bo was contrived. Whereas, Bo and Carly were divine.

I wonder how Ron will do Will's..

BBM.  EPIC is the perfect word.  I still remember where I was sitting and watching that day.  LOL  it was spring or summer (I want to say it was Mem Day weekend?) because we were going camping that day and were supposed to be leaving but even though I was taping on VCR and could watch when we got home I made everyone wait because I HAD to see what was going to happen live and could not survive the weekend without knowing! (Ah, the days of pre-internet spoilers) LOL  oh the memories.  Thanks for bringing this up and bringing me back to such a great time in my life Apprentice79!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

BBM.  EPIC is the perfect word.  I still remember where I was sitting and watching that day.  LOL  it was spring or summer (I want to say it was Mem Day weekend?) because we were going camping that day and were supposed to be leaving but even though I was taping on VCR and could watch when we got home I made everyone wait because I HAD to see what was going to happen live and could not survive the weekend without knowing! (Ah, the days of pre-internet spoilers) LOL  oh the memories.  Thanks for bringing this up and bringing me back to such a great time in my life Apprentice79!

You welcome! I was a kid as well. I did not know Marlena.  I was fascinated by this pretty blonde woman hiding in the shadows, then BAM...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

No but he should expect some level of loyalty wrt it being PAUL that Sonny has chosen to move on with.

Maybe that'd be true if Paul wasn't also Sonny's ex-boyfriend/onetime love from way before Sonny and Will ever met.  Or if Paul hadn't been oblivious to Will being Sonny's spouse when they slept together.

But the scenario you're talking about makes more sense if Sonny had died and Will had moved on with Paul.  That would be disloyal, IMO.

I do think the show did a bad job with the fallout from Will's death, though I guess it's partially because Sami and Sonny were both off-canvas then.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe that'd be true if Paul wasn't also Sonny's ex-boyfriend/onetime love from way before Sonny and Will ever met.  Or if Paul hadn't been oblivious to Will being Sonny's spouse when they slept together.

But the scenario you're talking about makes more sense if Sonny had died and Will had moved on with Paul.  That would be disloyal, IMO.

It makes sense for the fact that even after Paul found out Will and Sonny were married, he pursued Sonny. He inserted himself into their lives (even before the John paternity reveal) in hopes that he could get Sonny. And Sonny encouraged it. Every single time. It's disloyal either way you play it.

But yes, it would have played better if either Sonny was the one who cheated (the story that should have played out) or if Sonny died. I get your points.

And...I've never bought the PaulSon true love crap. They never showed me they just told me. I don't feel it in flashbacks and I don't feel it now. I don't think FS/CS have chemistry.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

It makes sense for the fact that even after Paul found out Will and Sonny were married, he pursued Sonny. He inserted himself into their lives (even before the John paternity reveal) in hopes that he could get Sonny. And Sonny encouraged it. Every single time. It's disloyal either way you play it.

But yes, it would have played better if either Sonny was the one who cheated (the story that should have played out) or if Sonny died. I get your points.

And...I've never bought the PaulSon true love crap. They never showed me they just told me. I don't feel it in flashbacks and I don't feel it now. I don't think FS/CS have chemistry.

This is definitely a mileage can differ moment because I remember Will's refusing to accept that he was partially responsible for the collapse of his and Sonny's marriage because of his cheating with two different men--one in LA and then Paul.  I remember him blaming everything on Paul and Sonny refused to accept that.  It was only after Sonny left for Paris and right before Ben killed him that Will showed any true remorse for his sleeping with Paul.

But I am interested in how Will's return will be handled and everyone's reaction to it but mostly I'm just glad that Ariana will get her dad back.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This is definitely a mileage can differ moment because I remember Will's refusing to accept that he was partially responsible for the collapse of his and Sonny's marriage because of his cheating with two different men--one in LA and then Paul.  I remember him blaming everything on Paul and Sonny refused to accept that.  It was only after Sonny left for Paris and right before Ben killed him that Will showed any true remorse for his sleeping with Paul.

But I am interested in how Will's return will be handled and everyone's reaction to it but mostly I'm just glad that Ariana will get her dad back.

I hate Paul like I hate  St. Daniel, the patron saint, of lecherous doctors. Two legacy characters were sacrificed for them; Will and Jack respectively.  So, I just want Paul to suffer and lose everything when Will comes back, just like Billie did, when Hope came back.. I was not a Billie fan, but, she was at least sympathetic, in her original run.   Thank goodness!  they never gave Will's daughter to Paul.  Billie was a good stepmother to Sean-Douglas. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

I'm with kitmerlot1213 - the problems in Will and Sonny's marriages had much, much more to do with Will's behavior during this time period than anything Paul was doing (and while others have disagreed, I never saw Paul as some schemer cackling with glee as he drove a wedge between them.  The most inappropriate thing he did, IMO, was probably offering Sonny that money to bail him out of the bankruptcy).

And just a reminder - I don't particularly ship any of the ships in this triangle, I don't particularly think Sonny and Paul are MTB, etc..  I just want a messy, soapy story with these three.  Don't wash away Will's sins, make him work to get Sonny back.  Don't make Paul a lame obstacle, give him a valid point of view and presence and when, presumably, Will and Sonny get back together, give him a real new love interest, not some dayplayer like that bellhop.

• Love 1

I hold Will responsible for the demise of the WilSon marriage about 90%. I love Will. I will defend him to the death but yes, he was a cheater, schemer and liar during the last year or so before his death. However, Sonny had some blame, too. He encouraged Paul's advances (yes, Paul didn't back away like he should have) when he knew that it was hurting Will to have Paul around. You can't work on fixing a marriage when a reminder of indiscretion is around 24/7 and your husband won't help keep it away.

I actually agree with the hack writers who "rewrote" some of the love story, too... they should never have gotten married so young, Sonny did try to mold his baby gay so he could have his happily ever after, etc.. I hate that the romanticized version was taken from me but yeah, some of that is true.

Anyway, I am anxiously and cautiously optimistic about Will's return...for however long we get Chandler. I just miss Will.

22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Don't wash away Will's sins, make him work to get Sonny back.  Don't make Paul a lame obstacle, give him a valid point of view and presence and when, presumably, Will and Sonny get back together, give him a real new love interest, not some dayplayer like that bellhop.

I don't want his sins washed away but I don't particularly want Will to try to win Sonny back. I'm not sure I wan't a true reunion. I want the messy soap crap definitely. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

I hold Will responsible for the demise of the WilSon marriage about 90%. I love Will. I will defend him to the death but yes, he was a cheater, schemer and liar during the last year or so before his death. However, Sonny had some blame, too. He encouraged Paul's advances (yes, Paul didn't back away like he should have) when he knew that it was hurting Will to have Paul around. You can't work on fixing a marriage when a reminder of indiscretion is around 24/7 and your husband won't help keep it away.

I actually agree with the hack writers who "rewrote" some of the love story, too... they should never have gotten married so young, Sonny did try to mold his baby gay so he could have his happily ever after, etc.. I hate that the romanticized version was taken from me but yeah, some of that is true.

Anyway, I am anxiously and cautiously optimistic about Will's return...for however long we get Chandler. I just miss Will.

I don't want his sins washed away but I don't particularly want Will to try to win Sonny back. I'm not sure I wan't a true reunion. I want the messy soap crap definitely. LOL

I never understand why people say that Wilson married so young. Bo and Hope married young. Nobody ever says that about them. In fact, Bo was the only man Hope had ever slept with. I feel that people say that about Wilson because they are Gay.  Being Gay, they have to be promiscuous.  Jennifer married Jack young as well. Kayla  married Steve young as well.  Steve was the second man that she had ever slept with.   If the show had good writers they would have used Wilson's youth as an obstacle for them to overcome. There was no need for Will to cheat. It was just a plot device that went nowhere.  Sherry Anderson would have done that. She always used the weakness of a couple as an obstacle to give them internal conflict. Plus, she never relied on a love triangle  to drive stories for the couples, like James E. Reilly did. Sami drove stories for Austin and Carrie, it is why she became so popular. Carrie the heroine never drove stories in her own love story with Austin. 

Emma Donovan was Shane's presumed dead wife who came back from the dead and was  the interloper in the Kim and Shane love story. She  was never a true threat to Kim and Shane.   Shane loved Kim, there was never any doubt about that. Emma did not love Shane anymore, her goal was to destroy Kim.  She kidnapped Andrew, their son because she knew that was what reunited Kim and Shane after the fallout from Miami. Without Andrew around to distract Kim and Shane from confronting their issues headon. She wisely knew that they would fall apart without their son and they did.  Kim and Shane's obstacles were mostly internal and the interlopers Victor and Emma exacerbated their issues, they were never truly the direct cause of the problems that  already existed between them. That is what Paul should have been for Wilson.  Wilson had a ton of internal issues that the writers could have used to give them good stories, but, they were lazy and unimaginative.

Edited by Apprentice79
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never understand why people say that Wilson married so young.

To me, from the outside, it kinda seemed like they got married more because the show wanted to plant that flag ("We're the soap that had the first same-sex marriage between two male characters!") than anything else.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

To me, from the outside, it kinda seemed like they got married more because the show wanted to plant that flag ("We're the soap that had the first same-sex marriage between two male characters!") than anything else.

True, I can see that. I actually wanted the show to wait and marry them because of the shitty way that they fired Chandler.  Sonny asks Will as Chandler to marry him. Will turns him down and Chandler leave. Wilson breaks up.  Then, Will as Guy or another actor comes back wanting to reconcile with Sonny, but, Sonny has moved on with Paul or another character. That could have been an obstacle for Wilson to overcome.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never understand why people say that Wilson married so young. Bo and Hope married young. Nobody ever says that about them. In fact, Bo was the only man Hope had ever slept with. ...

Bo wasn't so young... They married in 1985, I think?  Wikipedia tells me he was born in 1962, and IMO, 23 is an average age to get married.  But, Peter Reckell is 7 years older than "Bo" so was he supposed to be SORASed at any time?  I always got the impression Bo was in his mid- to late-20s when Hope was 18.   

11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never understand why people say that Wilson married so young. Bo and Hope married young. Nobody ever says that about them. In fact, Bo was the only man Hope had ever slept with. I feel that people say that about Wilson because they are Gay.  Being Gay, they have to be promiscuous.  Jennifer married Jack young as well. Kayla  married Steve young as well.  Steve was the second man that she had ever slept with.   If the show had good writers they would have used Wilson's youth as an obstacle for them to overcome.

I thought Wilson was too young to get married, which was fine but they also gave them Arianna as a child, so not only were they were newlyweds but they were also raising a young child. I would have picked one story beat - young newlyweds or young parents. Not both. Either Will was this responsible young father or he was cheating spouse because Sonny was the only man he was ever involved with.

I think Sonny was a little bit older than Will, but I always thought Will was still in school when he got married. While I think Hope was too young to marry Bo, I don't think she was going to college. She went straight into marriage and adventures with Bo. It was also the 80s when people got married younger than they do now. Now most couples want to establish their careers before moving forward to marriage. As for Jack/Jen, Steve/Kayla, I think both women were already established in their careers as journalist and nurse respectively when they got married. 

Will was in school and went away for a writing program and came back. He was wrote a nasty expose on his mother and he thought that he was a professional writer. 

• Love 3

Week of August 28

Monday August 28:

Eli tries to stop Lani and JJ from blowing up his plan.

Tuesday August 29:

John and Marlena try to find a way out of their predicament.

Wednesday August 30:

Nicole gets alarming news at her custody hearing for Holly.

Thursday August 31:

While mending their relationship, Claire helps Theo deal with his frustration towards Abe.

Friday September 1:

Rafe learns evidence is on its way from Dario.

Hattie, posing as Marlena, has a therapy session with Andre.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

OMG, the spoiler video for next week actually shows Paul and Sonny in bed together.  Carlavati is here.

And he actually appreciates gay romances, so if nothing else, that's one plus to him being here!:)

And it's good to definitely get confirmation that John figures out that Hattie is, in fact, Marlena next week.  But I wonder what kind of predicament he and Marlena find themselves in the week after?  Something into which Evil Orderly puts them?  It is refreshing to see a "couple in peril" storyline about to result.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2017 at 6:16 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I never understand why people say that Wilson married so young. Bo and Hope married young. Nobody ever says that about them. In fact, Bo was the only man Hope had ever slept with. I feel that people say that about Wilson because they are Gay.  Being Gay, they have to be promiscuous.  Jennifer married Jack young as well. Kayla  married Steve young as well.  Steve was the second man that she had ever slept with.   If the show had good writers they would have used Wilson's youth as an obstacle for them to overcome. There was no need for Will to cheat. It was just a plot device that went nowhere.  Sherry Anderson would have done that. She always used the weakness of a couple as an obstacle to give them internal conflict. Plus, she never relied on a love triangle  to drive stories for the couples, like James E. Reilly did. Sami drove stories for Austin and Carrie, it is why she became so popular. Carrie the heroine never drove stories in her own love story with Austin.

Maybe young in terms of life experience?  People said that about Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Philip in the 2000's as well, that their stories just didn't feel age appropriate.  Getting married young in the 80's was less unusual than it is now, and Bo, Steve, and Jack were older than their wives.  Hope and Jennifer were 20-ish, but Kayla had been a nurse on the show for several years.  The writers moved all of these couples confidently along into married life, and now you often see backtracking with young couples (like Chad and Abby).

I think Carrie and Austin's early stories (him as the boxer, her with the acid scar?) were driven by them, but once the Sami/Will angle emerged, they got totally subsumed in it.  I loved the Carrie/Mike affair because it finally felt like Carrie's agency emerging again.  (Not really on topic, but I loved Austin Peck's most recent return to the show -- he's developed so much since his early Days.)

Edited by lska
  • Love 2

I hope Ron and Sheri realize that the two characters who grieved the most for Will were Sami and Lucas and plan his return scenes accordingly. If I have to watch Sonni and Paul get the lion's share of Will's return scenes I will be deeply deeply frustrated.

Alison Sweeney destroyed us with her take on a shell-shocked Sami barely able to express her pain. As much as I know folks here are looking forward to seeing Will show up and interrupt a wedding, I personally hope he reunites with his parents first. They were the ones who gave the best performances last time and are most likely to deliver the emotional gut punch this time around.

I really wish Freddy had been recast. His lousy acting coupled with the shitty writing for Paul and Sonny has left me frustrated that he's about to get handed his juicy storyline he's almost guaranteed to botch.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, lska said:

Maybe young in terms of life experience?  People said that about Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Philip in the 2000's as well, that their stories just didn't feel age appropriate.  Getting married young in the 80's was less unusual than it is now, and Bo, Steve, and Jack were older than their wives.  Hope and Jennifer were 20-ish, but Kayla had been a nurse on the show for several years.  The writers moved all of these couples confidently along into married life, and now you often see backtracking with young couples (like Chad and Abby).

I think Carrie and Austin's early stories (him as the boxer, her with the acid scar?) were driven by them, but once the Sami/Will angle emerged, they got totally subsumed in it.  I loved the Carrie/Mike affair because it finally felt like Carrie's agency emerging again.  (Not really on topic, but I loved Austin Peck's most recent return to the show -- he's developed so much since his early Days.)

I agree SO much with you in regards to Carrie and Austin.  They had already proven that they could drive story on their own, but once Sami came into the picture it became all about her for what seems like forever.  It made Austin look really stupid too.  He kept falling for Sami's shit over and over again and expecting Carrie to just wait around for him forever.  I didn't like the Mike story, but I agree that it was good for Carrie to finally DO something other than waiting around for Austin to get a clue about Sami.  He always acted like it was beyond Sami to do the crap that she did even though he was there every time he got caught.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lska said:

Amen! I love Carrie, I always have and always will. She should've taken over for Marlena as the main heroine of the show. She is the first Brady grandchild named after her grandmother Caroline. I loved Carrie's relationship with Rojohn. The best father/daughter team in daytime. She was his rock after Marlena died and kept the family together.

Early Carrie/Austin, was written by Sherry Anderson who hinted that Carrie was supposed to be like Roman. Once Sherry left and JER took over, he elevated Sami to the detriment of Carrie. It is easy to write for a bitch like Sami. It takes a skilled writer to write a rootable, compelling, intriguing, heroine.

• Love 5

More of Week August 28, 2017

Monday, August 28, 2017
Hope and Rafe conspire with Abe. 

Hattie and Bonnie panic over their sticky situation. 

Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Lucas gets a horrible shock and turns to Chloe. 

Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Paul grills Hattie. 

Thursday, August 31, 2017
Kayla opens up to Valerie about her issues with Steve. 

Friday, September 1, 2017
Gabi finds herself in a dangerous situation.

???

Spoiler for the Week of August 28th

✔Nicole gets her heart's desire. 

✔Chloe helps out Lucas. 

✔Steve & Tripp make a fresh start.

✔"Adrienne" moves into the K-mansion. 

• Love 1

I like that Kayla gets to talk to someone else, to -- finally -- and I do like her friendship with Valerie and think Valerie needs to get worked into the show better in general.  But there are so many women around that Kayla has long relationships with, that never get shown.

Hate the Steve/Tripp spoiler. Couldn't Steve for once show her some loyalty?  I really think that Tripp could have killed her, and Steve wouldn't have blinked an eye.  And it puts Kayla in the position one more time of dragging her heels and keeping the "family' apart. 

Edited by lska
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, lska said:

I like that Kayla gets to talk to someone else, to -- finally -- and I do like her friendship with Valerie and think Valerie needs to get worked into the show better in general.  But there are so many women around that Kayla has long relationships with, that never get shown.

Hate the Steve/Tripp spoiler. Couldn't Steve for once show her some loyalty?  I really think that Tripp could have killed her, and Steve wouldn't have blinked an eye.  And it puts Kayla in the position one more time of dragging her heels and keeping the "family' apart. 

Kayla always gives into Steve. She doesn't get any consideration from him.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hope Ron and Sheri realize that the two characters who grieved the most for Will were Sami and Lucas and plan his return scenes accordingly. If I have to watch Sonni and Paul get the lion's share of Will's return scenes I will be deeply deeply frustrated.

Sami doesn't come back till about a month after Will does, so unless Will floats around for a month till he gets to Salem, she's going to be one of the last to know.

So it's looking more and more like Anjelica gets killed in a fight with Hattie.  There's a photo of the two of them fighting, with what looks like a half naked Lucas lying passed out on a bed.

• Love 2

Anjelica dies? Woah boy. That's a dark turn.

I thought Sami's first return would deal with her trying to find EJ and that Will would be the result of that, appearing near the end...or at the start of her second stint.

Well anyway, her scenes are what I'm looking forward to. They could have an entire episode with nothing but her bawling about him being alive again and I'd eat that up.

I felt so badly for Sami when she lost him. Her crying tears of joy will be a welcome change.

• Love 4