Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

None of that sounds interesting except maybe the murder mystery. 

Regarding the Johnny/Chanel/Allie mess, if Johnny/Allie were not brother and sister, I'd just tell them to be all Three's Company and live together as a throuple. But since Johnny/Allie are siblings, it's just too oogy for me.

I hope Chanel will just do eenie, meenie, miney, mo and pick one of Sami's insufferable brats already.

• Love 9

Xander, for all his faults, is still better than Allie or Johnny. Too bad his maintaining the Horton yard, gardens, and looking after Mickey’s grave and regularly bringing flowers is just a plot point.  It does show his respect, his heart, etc.  That his love for Sarah made him a better man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Xander, for all his faults, is still better than Allie or Johnny. Too bad his maintaining the Horton yard, gardens, and looking after Mickey’s grave and regularly bringing flowers is just a plot point.  It does show his respect, his heart, etc.  That his love for Sarah made him a better man.

I want Xander/Sarah. At least for a bit. On a soap, I never expect forever. But I want some fucking PAYOFF before shit hits the fan again.

THEN maybe Chanel can have a crack at him. Until then, let her deal with Sami Spawn and suck it up.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

20220526_222021.jpg

Does Sarah remember, or will she remember, Xander’s active complicity in drawing out the Mickey/Rachel lie longer than it had to be the first time around?

I can’t stand this character. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

Does Sarah remember, or will she remember, Xander’s active complicity in drawing out the Mickey/Rachel lie longer than it had to be the first time around?

I can’t stand this character. 

Nobody ever brings up that  the original reason for the baby switch was to protect Maggie from knowing she'd killed her grandchild and it was Victor who made it happen, Xander was just the muscle. Also I'll take Xander over the neck tie killer any day of the week.

The Mickey do over is dumb. Sarah should just be dealing with everything Xander got up to over the past year, quickie wedding, corpse disposal, Nicole shag and Gwen. That's plenty to give her pause 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I assume the murder mystery is going to be about Abigail, not interested. They could have recasted or sent her away on a reporting assignment. I still can’t comprehend why Ron and company would kill off such a character, but nothing lately on the show makes sense. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

None of that sounds interesting except maybe the murder mystery. 

Same here. Everything is a big yawn to me too except the murder mystery, but then I remember how badly Ron screws up those. So it will look like half of Salem is the killer only to turn out to be someone completely illogical. 

1 hour ago, Brendan Birch said:

Aaaaaaaand I'd take them in the opposite order.  *shrugs*

Same. As much as I snark on CIN, I can take Ben (especially w/out Ciara) over Zander any time. It might be one thing if they'd leave Zander a bad guy, but a romantic hero he is not. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Same. As much as I snark on CIN, I can take Ben (especially w/out Ciara) over Zander any time. It might be one thing if they'd leave Zander a bad guy, but a romantic hero he is not. 

I have never thought he was presented as a romantic hero, even yesterday he was shown to be socially inept and incapable of taking advice, always find he's consistent that way

Ben on the other hand we are force fed as a romantic lead and that I can never accept, I still remember Paige crying for her life in that bathroom 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Ral80 said:

I assume the murder mystery is going to be about Abigail, not interested. They could have recasted or sent her away on a reporting assignment. I still can’t comprehend why Ron and company would kill off such a character, but nothing lately on the show makes sense. 

I'm not even a fan of Abigail, but I HATE that they are killing her off, and the possibility of it being as brutal and horrific as the rumours suggest, has made me basically stop watching.  I still read the spoilers a bit, and maybe once it's over I'll start watching again, but I really have no desire to be "entertained" by the brutal murder of Jack and Jennifer's daughter, and mother of 2 children.  And if she's pregnant, as next week's promo is hinting at, then it's even worse.  And then to top it off, faux-Jennifer will be onscreen for the funeral.  🙁

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

I hate this version of Chabby so I'm fine with Abigail being killed off.  The couple isn't the same once KM left and its even worse with Ron writing them.  

But the way Ron treats certain families.  I mean there's a million children of John and Marlena on canvas.  Get rid of one of them.  They already killed off Adrienne and now Abigail. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Unless they are purposely trying to kill Days I don't get this decision either its giving me Frankie Frame flashbacks.. 

I almost hate to ask, but did Ron write that storyline?

No.

That was Jill Farren Phelps.

That I even know her name is proof of how traumatic and upsetting the murder was.

I wasn't up on soap writers then. I looked it up years later because I was still upset by it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

No.

That I even know her name is proof of how traumatic and upsetting the murder was.

I wasn't up on soap writers then. I looked it up years later because I was still upset by it.

I think I remember her making Santa Barbara unwatchable 

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

No.

To clarify, Jill Farren Phelps was the executive producer who okayed Frankie's violent death, but she did not write it. JFP is not a writer. The actual writer of that mess was Maggie DePriest.

(edited)

Oh whoops ☺

Well, everyone pointed at her being responsible so the name was etched in my mind. Wasn't she the one behind the gratuitous execution (pun intended) of the murder? Or was Maggie the one with the brilliant idea to draw it out?

Edited by DisneyBoy
57 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh whoops ☺

Well, everyone pointed at her being responsible so the name was etched in my mind. Wasn't she the one behind the gratuitous execution (pun intended) of the murder? Or was Maggie the one with the brilliant idea to draw it out?

From what I remember reading, NBC wanted to cut some $$$$ and decided the way to do it was axe a character. Apparently, it came down to three: Donna Love, Paulina Cory, or Frankie Frame.

And "focus groups" allegedly helped narrow it to Frankie.

As for which banshee approved the graphic nature of the death, I read both JFP and DePriest were blood-thirsty about it. So...

To bring this back on topic, if Ken Corday allows Ron to get all graphic with the upcoming murder, I see Days following the fate of Another World. So the network has learned squat in twenty or so years.

• Love 2
(edited)

Here's the thing...

Abby as a character has floundered for years now. After the 50th anniversary fiasco, she certainly lost people's sympathy, Mansi grated and seemed nuts, then Marci came in for damage control and seemed plain and dull, if competent. They never settled on a career for her, never stopped playing the "she's crazy!" card and Chad had more sex appeal and story potential without her. I can see why they'd kill her off...again...

....but this is Days. Bo might be coming back again FFS! There's an anti-death serum! Jack Deveraux came back!

If they want to undo this, Abigail will return.

I can't summon up 1/10 of the outrage I felt over Frankie's death here. Abigail has been spoiled and self righteous for...forever.

I doubt her death - even if it's a gruesome one - will affect ratings. It may still be graphic and pointless however. The show doesn't seem to have any dignity or restraint anymore.

What I'm more pissed about is the speculation I read that RSW will leave as Ben (with Ciara)....then return as Alexander Kiriakis...for Stephanie.

Has the Show ever done a character ID switch that fast before?

(And will we never be rid of RWS?)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

But I think Abby is more interesting and has been terrific with MM in the role. Mansi came off as smug but MM, to me, comes as the elegant heroine this show could use. There was so much they could do with her IF they were willing to not make her so tethered to Chad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Has the Show ever done a character ID switch that fast before?

Well not as fast but Bonnie.

Growing up with the show I loved Jack and Jennifer, so naturally I was proned to loving their children, but somewhere when started slapping people (Chloe) over the likes of pushing her mother towards Daniel, I just couldn't try any more. 

I doubt the show will have the guts to kill a pregnant woman onscreen. It will most likely will a false alarm but it will get Chabby to think about and plan to have another baby. One that wouldn't need a dna test to determine who the father is.

I suspect that Abby is going to find out a secret and decide to investigate and that gets her killed.

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well not as fast but Bonnie

Judi had been playing Bonnie for awhile and had been gone for a few years when she came back as Adrienne. I remember the Soap Opera Digest article about her trying to go to the gym to loose weight and look different. They also also had Adrienne wear curly reddish blond hair extensions that made her look like she was from 1982. Lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Adrienne was killed in a car crash. Then Days jumped a year (not an actual year for viewers) and brought back Bonnie within weeks. I like Judi Evans, but not a fan of Bonnie and considering they have basically redeemed her, I am clueless as to why they killed Adrienne.

If the head writer or writers in general are stuck with storylines, executive produces (in my opinion) need to look for new writers. You cannot convince me that a character has run out of storylines on a soap opera, a genre where anything goes. Regroup, recast, etc. 

In general, soap writers follow a template and not one head writer to date has broken that template. Why should they? Look at Ron, the guy and his writers have literally recycled half of their stories, ratings have not gone up, and they still have jobs. 

Edited by Ral80
Grammar
  • Love 3

LOL - some people (like me) still see Chris K when they see "Roman" so I am not sure how anyone will see RSW as a new character. And I also see that they are trying to bring Stefan back since Jake seems to have been a big bust as a character. That could be why Kristen wants to see him. Maybe give him all of Stefan's memories, which I am sure are sitting in a vial somewhere, and send him back to Salem?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....but this is Days. Bo might be coming back again FFS! There's an anti-death serum! Jack Deveraux came back!

If they want to undo this, Abigail will return.

I guess I'm less upset over killing Abigail, as since this is Days, no one is ever dead dead. But it's the rumoured brutality that's upset me. Maybe it's not true, but it's so horrific, that I can't imagine why the rumour got started, if it wasn't true.

What I'm more pissed about is the speculation I read that RSW will leave as Ben (with Ciara)....then return as Alexander Kiriakis...for Stephanie.

I'm unashamedly a Cin fan.  And I like Ben.  However, Days really does not need to recycle another actor into playing a different role.  It took forever for me to see JT as Roman and not Chris, so there's no way I'll quickly see "Ben" as someone else.

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But I think Abby is more interesting and has been terrific with MM in the role. Mansi came off as smug but MM, to me, comes as the elegant heroine this show could use. There was so much they could do with her IF they were willing to not make her so tethered to Chad.

I think the issue is neither KM or MM want to be on the show.  But either recast, or kill her off in some other method other than a brutal murder.

• Love 5

Abby as a character has floundered for years now. After the 50th anniversary fiasco, she certainly lost people's sympathy, Mansi grated and seemed nuts, then Marci came in for damage control and seemed plain and dull, if competent. They never settled on a career for her, never stopped playing the "she's crazy!" card and Chad had more sex appeal and story potential without her. I can see why they'd kill her off...again...

While this may be true, although I wouldn't agree she is "floundering," even if she was that description plus way more similar ones all apply to at least 5-10 other characters, who do not have nearly as many ties, or as much history and potential as Abigail, so why her?  

If you need to kill a character off occasionally for story purposes or budget or whatever, it's understandable, but what doesn't make any sense in this case is that with so much other, more egregious dead weight (if you're one, not me personally, who thinks the character is dead weight) that will still be around.  Abby's out, but Jake is still there?  Ava?  Leo? Clyde?  Bonnie? What's Gabi done lately other than sleep with Jake and trade off as CEO w/ a DiMera and then repeat? The Tepid Twins who are more interesting when possessed by the devil than their normal selves?   If Abby's gotta go, then why are these and others still around?

But even worse than the previous examples of characters who are better examples of dead weight and floundering where a murder mystery would actually make sense because literally NO ONE other than two people either hate or simply don't give a fuck about them is the abomination of a retcon Gwen.  This epitome of "floundering," who will have even less of a reason to be around once her main source of conflict is gone, gets to stay and eat up screentime with her repetitive tales of self-pity and woe?  They won't bring JJ back to at least have one of Jack and Jennifer's children around, never mind it would actually make sense for him to come back to be with his parents, but fucking Gwen gets to still lurk around as there's no way they are going to keep her off-screen for long.  This won't even mean much in terms of story or screentime for Jack and Jennifer.  They won't get much time to grieve.  Gwen will need seventeen minutes to whine about how it wasn't her and how Abby deserved it, and now Jack can give her the life she never had because no one ever loved her.  

If you want an actual murder mystery, GWEN is the one they need to kill.  There are enough characters that actively hate her with good reason that it would be a guessing game as to which person she's fucked with that finally got their revenge.  Plus, there's just no need for her to exist.  None.  They've bounced her all over the place to find a place where she fits and . . . nothing.  At the end of the day the only one person who gives a fuck about her is Jack and they've had to contort his character so much to the point he's unrecognizable to justify the fuck that he gives.  Just him (Oh! I forgot about her BFF Leo who also likes to assault people by drugging them.  What a pair!).  And the fake and over the top blubbering that ensues every time the characters come into contact to try and play up the bond and relationship between the two is grating at this point.  If you still need to do all that after two years to try and play up Gwen as someone important to Jack that the audience cares about, then it isn't working. 

It could cause some organic drama and conflict to get rid of her if it was someone like Jennifer that finally got fed up with Gwen toying, literally and figuratively, with the lives of her family and snuffed out the wench.  What would Jack do?  Sell out his soulmate of 30+ years for the retcon who repeatedly tried to kill one of his other kids and done nothing but lie to his face for 3 years?  Would he act somewhat in character and realize that he isn't all that upset that she's dead and all he felt before was guilt?  What about Sarah?  Will Sarah get to be pissed at Gwen for what she did to her?  Maggie?  Abigail would obviously be another suspect?  Xander too.  Maybe he thinks Sarah, still not fully recovered, killed Gwen.  SO much more story potential to killing Gwen than Abigail.  

And yeah, yeah, yeah, no on this show is ever dead, but that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy this.  Especially when there's already so little to enjoy and so many other characters whose death would make more sense.  This is just RC freeing up space for even more focus on his favorites.  

• Love 10

I think the show just doesn't want to recast Abby again after both KM and MM aren't currently interested in playing her. Since the show is so tied to the idea of Chabby and Billy Flynn will remain on the show, they needed for Abby to be "dead" so his character can move on. They could have gone with Abby going crazy again to explain why she won't be around. Or just let Chabby leave Salem for Europe.

• Love 5

Oh I agree that Gwen and Leo are insufferable and primed to be killed off in a murder mystery, with plenty of suspects with motives.

We aren't so blessed, however.

21 hours ago, KBrownie said:

While this may be true, although I wouldn't agree she is "floundering," even if she was that description plus way more similar ones all apply to at least 5-10 other characters...

True.

• Love 8

Although I am not a big fan of the Abby character, there are SO many others who could die and have so many more suspects. I would be fine with any of the others mentioned in the article. And if it turns out that the rumors about Abby are true, then I hope it was a plan to frame someone and that she is not really dead. Or, my favorite story would be that the killed person is Gwen, wearing an Abigail mask and maybe even is killed by Leo or Ava, although I don't know why Ava would want Abby to die. And, Abigail is off somewhere and will come back when she has her baby.

• Love 8
(edited)

I am so glad that I am not a regular viewer of this show. I just lurk in the clouds and read the awesome commentary on the board. I have no desire to see a pregnant woman be tortured and murdered.  Ron is sick! 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Although I am not a big fan of the Abby character, there are SO many others who could die and have so many more suspects. I would be fine with any of the others mentioned in the article. And if it turns out that the rumors about Abby are true, then I hope it was a plan to frame someone and that she is not really dead. Or, my favorite story would be that the killed person is Gwen, wearing an Abigail mask and maybe even is killed by Leo or Ava, although I don't know why Ava would want Abby to die. And, Abigail is off somewhere and will come back when she has her baby.

Same for me.  KM's Abigail, both the way she was written and the way KM played her was a total miss for me.  MM's version of Abigail, for me anyway, is a vast improvement.

But in any case, I don't want to see the child of Jack and Jen die at all, much less in some horrific way.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/28/2022 at 2:15 PM, nilyank said:

I think the show just doesn't want to recast Abby again after both KM and MM aren't currently interested in playing her. Since the show is so tied to the idea of Chabby and Billy Flynn will remain on the show, they needed for Abby to be "dead" so his character can move on. They could have gone with Abby going crazy again to explain why she won't be around. Or just let Chabby leave Salem for Europe.

I'm ok with Abby being killed off personally. I just think the execution (pardon the pun) of this potentially meaty story will come across as terrible especially if MR's Jennifer and JJ aren't even going to be around for it. If they are actually going to write Chad in something beyond the Chabby pairing I get why they made the decision but I also think they could've just written her off the show where she couldn't get past him not having any trust in her etc at least that would be organic and character driven rather than a cheap stunt. . However I would be surprised if she stayed dead tbh. 

Stephanie and Alexander K? I actually don't mind this idea I feared she would be paired with Chad.  The RSW part is another story.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
On 5/27/2022 at 10:40 PM, WendyCR72 said:

From what I remember reading, NBC wanted to cut some $$$$ and decided the way to do it was axe a character. Apparently, it came down to three: Donna Love, Paulina Cory, or Frankie Frame.

And "focus groups" allegedly helped narrow it to Frankie.

As for which banshee approved the graphic nature of the death, I read both JFP and DePriest were blood-thirsty about it. So...

To bring this back on topic, if Ken Corday allows Ron to get all graphic with the upcoming murder, I see Days following the fate of Another World. So the network has learned squat in twenty or so years.

Maybe that was they want Ken can be free of the show without nearly as much backlash because people will tune out?

Anna Stuart said she would've been ok if they had chosen Donna in retrospect I kind of wish they did. I loved Donna in general but after Frankie's brutal death Donna pretty much floundered after that to the point where I just didn't recognize her anymore.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Stephanie and Alexander K? I actually don't mind this idea I feared she would be paired with Chad.  The RSW part is another story.

Is Alexander Kiriakis coming back? It makes no sense since Ron Killed both of his mothers.  Rumor has it that Dena wanted Amjelica and Adrienne to clash over Alexander and not Justin as Ron wrote..

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Is Alexander Kiriakis coming back? It makes no sense since Ron Killed both of his mothers.  Rumor has it that Dena wanted Amjelica and Adrienne to clash over Alexander and not Justin as Ron wrote..

The rumor is that Paul Telfer will be playing him.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, RedElf said:

The rumor is that Paul Telfer will be playing him.

Will Paul be playing a duel role or will Xander be written out?  This is going to be so weird if it is true. Paul Telfer could have been cast as Andrew Sean Donovan.  

I have never understood why fake legacy children like Xander  and Trip were created when we have had plenty who were born on the show like the Kiriakis brothers who could have been brought back as adults on the show. 

The actor playing Trip who is a good actor could have  been cast as Joey Kiriakis or Victor Kiriakis Jr.   The  Kiriakis twins were fraternal twins and he could have even played the duel role, if the show wanted them to look alike.  Fraternal twins can look identical at times, for example: the Olsen twins from the show "Full House" were fraternal twins and not identical. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Will Paul be playing a duel role or will Xander be written out?  This is going to be so weird if it is true. Paul Telfer could have been cast as Andrew Sean Donovan.  

I have never understood why fake legacy children like Xander  and Trip were created when we have had plenty who were born on the show like the Kiriakis brothers who could have been brought back as adults on the show. 

The actor playing Trip who is a good actor could have  been cast as Joey Kiriakis or Victor Kiriakis Jr.   The  Kiriakis twins were fraternal twins and he could have even played the duel role, if the show wanted them to look alike.  Fraternal twins can look identical at times, for example: the Olsen twins from the show "Full House" were fraternal twins and not identical. 

The rumor is that Xander will be written out.

I wonder if Wally appreciates having Paul play his son?

Of course, all of this is just rumor.

• Love 5

Here's hoping a rumor is all it is.  Having the same actor play different roles only works in select situations like ones where the whole cast changes roles/stories and the actors have the range and can change looks to make you forget the previous character(s) they played.  Like American Horror Story (and even there some actors pulled it off better than others) and Dark Shadows, but there the characters went to a different historical time and largely played ancestors. 

• Love 4

Another rumor/speculation I read is that Sarah will still have issues from the drug and will end up sleepwalking. So, it is speculated that, while sleepwalking, SHE will kill Abby and Xander will want to cover for her. But, we already have one false confession story going on (and it is SO engaging - NOT), so I hope that isn't true. I would be fine if Sarah would just leave forever.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Another rumor/speculation I read is that Sarah will still have issues from the drug and will end up sleepwalking. So, it is speculated that, while sleepwalking, SHE will kill Abby and Xander will want to cover for her. But, we already have one false confession story going on (and it is SO engaging - NOT), so I hope that isn't true. I would be fine if Sarah would just leave forever.

I like Sara but I think the actress would have worked better as Stefanie Johnson..  Not to mention the terrible writing that she got on the show..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Wait...she's going to sleepwalk...and behead Abigail...?

I should be laughing but...it's too dumb.

I don't believe Paul would be playing Alex...I believe the RSW rumor because they (apparently) love him so much they'd immediately give him another part.

Paul is one of the few good ones left. They should keep Xander.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

So the person that helped find Sarah will be killed by her. Is this suppose to be some type of irony?

To my knowledge, Sarah and Abby were never close. In fact, they have yet to share a scene since Sarah returned to Salem. How does this make for a compelling story? A murder, another cover up by Zander, the big reveal, Sarah apologizes and blames the medication, and everyone forgives and moves on. 

• Love 4