Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, lska said:

All I remember is that she had a lot of insufferable story with Melanie, and then they tried to repeat the buried alive story with her/Brady/Maggie.

The retread of the "buried alive" storyline actually started out as fun at first, because Brady found out what Vivian was intending to do (bury Maggie alive), managed to turn the tables on her, and bury her instead.  As much as Eric Martsolf is criticized for his acting nowadays, he was awesome in that storyline.

As for Vivian's last storyline, all she was really used to do was try and keep Carly on drugs when she was pining over Daniel (he really did just ruin everyone back then, didn't he?), and she was bonding with a long-lost Australian son named Quinn, whom her new manservant, Gus, tried to frame for the beatings of several woman going down to the docks, including Chloe.  She last left town with Ivan when he temporarily returned to town.

• Love 1

Week of August 14

Monday August 14:

Marlena finally connects with John and pleads for help.

Tuesday August 15:

Tripp shocks Kayla by offering an apology for everything he’s done.

Wednesday August 16:

Rafe and Hope make a shocking arrest.

Thursday August 17:

Adrienne desperately tries to convince everyone at the prison she is not Bonnie.

Friday August 18:

Chad and Sonny's fate is decided.

When John learns what "Marlena" has been up to, he punches Roman.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

Tuesday August 15:

Tripp shocks Kayla by offering an apology for everything he’s done.

Which after everything will make Kayla look like the bad guy if she doesn't accept.  Lame and not how to wrap up a four month story.

Edited by lska
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, lska said:

Which after everything will make Kayla look like the bad guy if she doesn't accept.  Lame and not how to wrap up a four month story.

My personal theory is that Tripp was originally intended as a bit of drama and he was going to go full-out Ben Carver. Then they looked at him, realized he could probably make a better viable leading man than Joey who's about as interesting as a box of hair, and they changed course with him. Note that they've already put in built-in excuses for his behavior, like the fact that the patients were already dead and he didn't actually endanger any living ones.

Tripp is going to tell Kayla he sees her as like a mother by Christmas, mark my words.

So we're acknowledging that Bonnie Lockhart and Adrienne look the same? What the hell? Why now and not when Mimi was still on the show? I still remember Adrienne's really awful red hairstyle they gave her when we were supposed to pretend Bonnie never existed.

Is Ron's stuff airing now? This sure as shit seems like stuff he'd do.  Back on General Hospital, he had two separate storylines that were wink/nods to the same actor playing different characters.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

My personal theory is that Tripp was originally intended as a bit of drama and he was going to go full-out Ben Carver. Then they looked at him, realized he could probably make a better viable leading man than Joey who's about as interesting as a box of hair, and they changed course with him. Note that they've already put in built-in excuses for his behavior, like the fact that the patients were already dead and he didn't actually endanger any living ones.

Tripp is going to tell Kayla he sees her as like a mother by Christmas, mark my words.

If that's what they thought, they needed to step in way earlier and totally reformulate the story/character.  Who thought it was a good idea to have S&K get married, for their honeymoon story to be the love child of Steve's psycho sidepiece to try and destroy Kayla's life, attack her, displace their son on the show, and then slide into their family life like nothing happened?

They may have soft-pedaled the consequences to Tripp's victims, but the personality traits he has shown are what drove his vendetta.  They make me loathe to see in a scene with any woman.

It does seem like the new writers are intent on doubling down on Dena's mistakes, so I won't be surprised.  But I will never believe it.  This may be the end of the road for me with DAYS.

Edited by lska
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, lska said:

If that's what they thought, they needed to step in way earlier and totally reformulate the story/character.  Who thought it was a good idea to have S&K get married, for their honeymoon story to be the love child of Steve's psycho sidepiece to try and destroy Kayla's life, attack her, displace their son on the show, and then slide into their family life like nothing happened?

They may have soft-pedaled the consequences to Tripp's victims, but the personality traits he has shown are what drove his vendetta.  They make me loathe to see in a scene with any woman.

It does seem like the new writers are intent on doubling down on Dena's mistakes, so I won't be surprised.  But I will never believe it.  This may be the end of the road for me with DAYS.

I hope that they are not going to make Tripp, the new Jack in the Steve/Kayla storyline.  Jack's redemption was earned and he showed true remorse for what he did to them. I could care less about Tripp. The fact that he is Ava's son ruins him for me. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hope that they are not going to make Tripp, the new Jack in the Steve/Kayla storyline.  Jack's redemption was earned and he showed true remorse for what he did to them. I could care less about Tripp. The fact that he is Ava's son ruins him for me. 

I totally agree with this. Nothing against the actor, but Tripp, is/was not needed. Ava's psycho legacy speaks for itself without the need for a spawn. For this to parallel the Jack/Steve/Kayla situation in any way, the writers would have to write Tripp as an obsessed, attention from Kayla seeking, trouble-maker who constantly keeps trying to make Steve look bad. And as for redemption, I do not see any chance of anything being written that could even come close to the way that Jack's redemption was written. Both MBE and MA were absolutely brilliant during that time.

• Love 5

I like Lucas Adams, I just wish he played another character because Tripp is not needed.  I hope that this time Kayla tells Steve where he can stick it.  In their history, she found out Steve was keeping the secret that Jack was Billy. She fell back into bed with him and all was well.  During the rape storyline, it took a while, but she was able to finally get angry at Steve for setting it all in motion, but that felt like a one-episode and Steve and Kayla are back together.  Even during the Marina storyline, after Marina died and they were reunited after the kidnapping, it seemed like "all is well" until she was arrested for murdering Marina.  I missed the first run Ava story and I think you can get the idea of my feelings on the second run Ava story.   I am a Kayla fan and a Steve/Kayla fan, but I'm tired of Kayla always seeming to give in to what Steve wants.  Even though they have all lied covering up the fact Joey murdered Ava, I'm tired of Kayla giving in to keep Steve happy. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I like Lucas Adams, I just wish he played another character because Tripp is not needed.  I hope that this time Kayla tells Steve where he can stick it.  In their history, she found out Steve was keeping the secret that Jack was Billy. She fell back into bed with him and all was well.  During the rape storyline, it took a while, but she was able to finally get angry at Steve for setting it all in motion, but that felt like a one-episode and Steve and Kayla are back together.  Even during the Marina storyline, after Marina died and they were reunited after the kidnapping, it seemed like "all is well" until she was arrested for murdering Marina.  I missed the first run Ava story and I think you can get the idea of my feelings on the second run Ava story.   I am a Kayla fan and a Steve/Kayla fan, but I'm tired of Kayla always seeming to give in to what Steve wants.  Even though they have all lied covering up the fact Joey murdered Ava, I'm tired of Kayla giving in to keep Steve happy. 

Amen! Kayla has always had to keep the peace in their relationship and making Steve happy, even, when it came at a price.  I hope that the show explores that aspect of their dynamic...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, mj2000 said:

I totally agree with this. Nothing against the actor, but Tripp, is/was not needed. Ava's psycho legacy speaks for itself without the need for a spawn. For this to parallel the Jack/Steve/Kayla situation in any way, the writers would have to write Tripp as an obsessed, attention from Kayla seeking, trouble-maker who constantly keeps trying to make Steve look bad. And as for redemption, I do not see any chance of anything being written that could even come close to the way that Jack's redemption was written. Both MBE and MA were absolutely brilliant during that time.

I agree.  The Jack storyline was probably the height of the writing for Steve and Kayla, but in some ways it has become an albatross around their necks.  It's always, "If Jack could be forgiven for raping her, then so-and-so can be forgiven for XYZ."  What a payoff for Kayla, for being so open and understanding that she could forgive her rapist, to have it assumed that she'll forgive everyone else who ever does her wrong in the future!  It short cuts every other journey that she could have and it cheapens the special circumstances in that story.

Nevermind that like you pointed out, the story structure just isn't there for Tripp.  If I was going to try to recreate the Jack/Steve dynamic at all, I would have done it with Joey and Tripp, and built up a real rivalry between them.  The "brother I always wanted" stuff doesn't ring true to me, like Tripp could have Joey and Steve in his life after he destroyed Kayla.  Steve was absent from Joey's life, so make him jealous of the way he wants to be there for Tripp.  If Steve is oblivious to the danger Tripp poses, have Joey sense it and be protective of the woman who raised him as a single mother.  Have Steve mistake it for Joey's resentment.  And then when Tripp does something unforgivable to Kayla like this week, that is the sign for the conflict between Tripp and JOEY to go into overdrive, and drive future story.  Not this weird obsession of Joey's with whether Tripp knew psycho Ava as a mother, and how he was cheated out of her shining love.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Amen! Kayla has always had to keep the peace in their relationship and making Steve happy, even, when it came at a price.  I hope that the show explores that aspect of their dynamic...

Yuppp.  This is why with Tripp coming to town so soon after their wedding, I wish they'd had her say, "I'm not against you having a relationship with him, but I don't know if I can," and then slowly get to know each other.  After all the time Steve and Kayla spent living separate lives, it would be totally realistic for them to conduct their lives that way.  Having no space between S&K has short-circuited the possibilities for the story, when they could be using this story to show realistically where S&K are in their lives now, which would be more low-key interesting and relatable than the way they are being written now.

Edited by lska
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, lska said:

I agree.  The Jack storyline was probably the height of the writing for Steve and Kayla, but in some ways it has become an albatross around their necks.  It's always, "If Jack could be forgiven for raping her, then so-and-so can be forgiven for XYZ."  What a payoff for Kayla, for being so open and understanding that she could forgive her rapist, to have it assumed that she'll forgive everyone else who ever does her wrong in the future!  It short cuts every other journey that she could have.

Nevermind that like you pointed out, the story structure just isn't there for Tripp.  If I was going to try to recreate the Jack/Steve dynamic at all, I would have done it with Joey and Tripp, and built up a real rivalry between them.  The "brother I always wanted" stuff doesn't ring true to me, like Tripp could have Joey and Steve in his life after he destroyed Kayla.  Steve was absent from Joey's life, so make him jealous of the way he wants to be there for Tripp.  If Steve is oblivious to the danger Tripp poses, have Joey sense it and be protective of the woman who raised him as a single mother.  Have Steve mistake it for Joey's resentment.  And then when Tripp does something unforgivable to Kayla like this week, that is the sign for the conflict between Tripp and JOEY to go into overdrive, and drive future story.  Not this weird obsession of Joey's with whether Tripp knew psycho Ava as a mother, and how he was cheated out of her shining love.

Yuppp.  This is why with Tripp coming to town so soon after their wedding, I wish they'd had her say, "I'm not against you having a relationship with him, but I don't know if I can," and then slowly get to know each other.  After all the time Steve and Kayla spent living separate lives, it would be totally realistic for them to conduct their lives that way.  Having no space between S&K has short-circuited the possibilities for the story, when they could be using this story to show realistically where S&K are in their lives now, which would be more low-key interesting and relatable than the way they are being written now.

I love your post. That is how you write a character driven story for Steve and Kayla. Using their history to give them a story  with Joey and Tripp in the present. Not to mention, that the show has never explored the years that Kayla spent in LA with Kim, Stefanie, Andrew and Jeannie.  That could have been a story that could have given them some conflict as well.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think they're even trying to do that. I think we're going to be expected to just chalk up Tripp's behavior as the confused actions of a hurting young man and he'll be considered "good" by fall.

Lucas Adams definitely doesn't seem like he's going anywhere, while the rumors seem to swirling around that James' contract wasn't renewed. (Although I think he may get a recast.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 7:40 PM, SanLynn said:

So is Dario gone now? I skimmed yesterday's ep so I'm not clear on it but saw him at the beginning and not at the end. If so that's the quickest announcement to last day I've seen on this show in awhile.

I'm not watching much these days, but I still read the forums and Dario is gone, for now.  Jason47 has stated, however, that he will be back in late September.  

I think maybe just a short visit though. Maybe because Dario murdered Deimos?  

• Love 2

I was so excited for a new head writer, but I have to admit I am frightened for the level of insta-camp already with the addition of Hattie.   Now we have Bonnie, ED returning as (possibly) Susan, Jack, and Vivian.  I love LS, have since Santa Barbara, but it really looks like all of these characters have a strong leaning toward 'comedic' storylines.

While I love a good funny story on soaps - once in a while - this looks like it may get overwhelming fast.

Has anyone considered that Tyler Christopher may be cast as Phillip?  I adored JKJ and would love to see him back.

The proposed pairings of  JJ & Chad with Gabi/Abby,  Lani & Eli take up all of the ladies on canvas (except for Claire).  Pretty sure if Jack does come back he will (eventually) be with Jen.  Adrienne and Justin will probably be back together...  

We desperately need more 30-40 something females on canvas.  With my beloved AZ leaving, and TC arriving we are going to have Eric, Brady, TC, Lucas...   and others I am probably forgetting - there are no eligible ladies on canvas fro any of them.  Odd.   We need to introduce a couple of good, strong females who are not related to 7/8th of Salem.

• Love 1

John punches Roman...meaning we are in for Roman/Hattiena kissing, I assume?

...is Roman really going to seize the chance to get with Doc even though she's engaged to John? Or is Hattie going to throw herself at Roman and brag about it to John, making him think something happened when nothing did?

• Love 1

I'm posting here because I guess Chandler coming back is still a spoiler, but anyway.

The Days cast had some kind of cast party yesterday, and Chandler Massey posted a picture of Christopher Sean.  Chandler asked him how he liked his eggs, and Christopher said "I don't know.  SONNY side up?"

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 3
On 8/5/2017 at 0:55 AM, BlackMamba said:

Adrienne desperately tries to convince everyone at the prison she is not Bonnie.

I would think it would be a hell of a lot easier for Adrienne to convince people who she really is.  I know it is a very personal and sensitive subject for her, but she recently had breast cancer surgery and reconstruction and I don't think Bonnie has had either.  I think the prison folk or infirmary people could easily detect her scars or even pull up medical records of Adrienne's that would match what she has been through.  Even with reconstruction, there are certain things that have changed with her body forever.  The writers would really have to think the viewers were stupid to not question this or Adrienne to be stupid for not bringing it up.

• Love 6

I just read somewhere that the new female character Ron is introducing in January who has yet to be identified might possibly be Xander's mother. Kind of an interesting idea. She could lock horns with Victor, possibly buddy up with Kate or lock horns with Kate as well. And she might also try to push Xander to be a better or worse person...

At the same time I think the show really needs more younger characters so adding another lady of a certain age might not be the best idea...

There was nothing to back this up when I read it so it might also be just a wild fan theory.

• Love 1

Natalia Livingston, who was the original Taylor (who had a relationship with EJ), and who was also Tyler Christopher's co-star on GH, tweeted that she thought that Tyler would make a great EJ.  That started all of the buzz that Tyler is a recast of EJ.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Natalia Livingston, who was the original Taylor (who had a relationship with EJ), and who was also Tyler Christopher's co-star on GH, tweeted that she thought that Tyler would make a great EJ.  That started all of the buzz that Tyler is a recast of EJ.

I could see it.

The only reason for possibly bringing back Bonnie is that we're going to get back Mimi. And with Jason Cooke's Shawn gone, I don't really see the point of it except that RC really did seem to love Farrah Fath.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

The only reason for possibly bringing back Bonnie is that we're going to get back Mimi. And with Jason Cooke's Shawn gone, I don't really see the point of it except that RC really did seem to love Farrah Fath.

Farah's living it up in Canada, though, living off a super-rich boyfriend of hers.  She's not too interested in returning, from what I've heard.

Just now, Star Aristille said:

Farah's living it up in Canada, though, living off a super-rich boyfriend of hers.  She's not too interested in returning, from what I've heard.

Gee, I'm shocked that she and Rex Balsom didn't last. SHOCKED! (Not.) Thanks for the intel.

Then that really does make me wonder what the hell the point is in even bringing back Bonnie. And was it ever even acknowledged on the show that Bonnie looks like Adrienne?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

Then that really does make me wonder what the hell the point is in even bringing back Bonnie. And was it ever even acknowledged on the show that Bonnie looks like Adrienne?

Brody's been interested in returning for the last two or three years, so it could be that.

There was a small mention of it back when Jack was "killed" during the Salem Stalker storyline.  Jennifer told Bonnie that she'd called Adrienne, Jack's sister, about his "death," and Bonnie said something along the lines of "Hmm. . . . I don't know her, but she sounds like a very nice person."  Jennifer then, I believe, dropped a blink-and-you'd-miss-it comment about their resemblance.  Might've been the only mention, though.

But then, that was back in '03, nearly fourteen years ago, so I could be wrong.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Brody's been interested in returning for the last two or three years, so it could be that.

There was a small mention of it back when Jack was "killed" during the Salem Stalker storyline.  Jennifer told Bonnie that she'd called Adrienne, Jack's sister, about his "death," and Bonnie said something along the lines of "Hmm. . . . I don't know her, but she sounds like a very nice person."  Jennifer then, I believe, dropped a blink-and-you'd-miss-it comment about their resemblance.  Might've been the only mention, though.

But then, that was back in '03, nearly fourteen years ago, so I could be wrong.

Brody's hot but man the last thing we need is another hunk in his age range.

Bonnie does actually fit the kind of woman that RC likes having on his shows- the brash, trashy, scheming working class older woman. I read up on how Bonnie was written out (I really started checking out on the show once they introduced the alien twins and didn't come back to it on a regular basis until Ejami and then again with the Will storyline) and it really wouldn't make sense for Mimi to not show up, unless this story is a one-off.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2017 at 10:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

There are a lot of videos apparently on Instagram of the cast party, but they're posting them onto Twitter, as well.  I don't see Freddie Smith there.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

FS is in Mexico on vacay...and probably shilling his MLM. I didn't miss him one second of the vids. Great vids with CS and CM. They have friend chemistry already. Can't wait to see Horita V2.0. I for one, would love to have Sonny and Paul fight over Will... not Will fighting to be a part of WilSon or Horita. 

Sorry the spoilers were late coming in for next week.  

Last of Aug 14 

Monday, August 14, 2017
Sonny recalls a key memory from the night Deimos was killed. 

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 
Abe confronts Theo about breaking the law for the DiMeras. 

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 
Kayla urges Joey not to turn himself in for Ava’s murder. 

Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Bonnie finds herself drawn to Lucas. 

Hattie, posing as Marlena, attempts to win over Roman. 

Friday, August 18, 2017 
Chloe wonders if Eric still has feelings for Nicole. 

Monday, August 14, 2017
Eric is thrown when he interrupts Hattie & Bonnie’s party. 

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 
Steve talks to Roman about Joey’s need to atone for killing Ava. 

Hope, Rafe & Raines fret about their inability to ID Dario’s partner. 

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 
Claire sees an upsetting photo on her tablet.  

Lani tells JJ about her unexpected decision. 

Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Chloe confronts Brady about his drinking. 

Friday, August 18, 2017 
Brady & Nicole have a huge confrontation. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently Abigail might have killed Deimos....

I would not be surprised in the least. I wish Chad could run from the crazy but yet again he is going to save her.

• Love 1

If she did kill Deimos...and the pic that spoiled Vivian's return was of her and Chad's wedding...I'm guessing that means they're going to gloss over the story I really want to see: Abigail in serious therapy and having to own that she's mentally unwell and has violent tendencies.

I think Marci could sell it.

But we'll probably just get people making excuses for her and throwing her another lavish wedding...

I wonder if Chloe's return means we'll see Broe in a few months, once Nicole is off the show...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

With AZ leaving I can see them making Nicole the killer. She had every reason to want him dead. All the people at the party did but with Nicole she's still feeling the effects of his obsession with her via the kidnapping and no Holly. (Even though a lot of that is her own fault too)  Abigail is actually another good option.  I would actually like Deimos killer story to be coherent and not changed at the last minute like Tate's kidnapping was. 

• Love 2

Week of August 21

Monday August 21:

Nicole has a stunning realization.

Tuesday August 22:

Joey says goodbye to his loved ones.

Wednesday August 23:

Andre confronts Kate with knowledge of her kissing another man.

Thursday August 24:

Lucas and Bonnie make love!

Friday August 25:

An unexpected death changes shakes things up.

• Love 1

An unexpected death? If they bump off Anjelica, that would certainly wrap up her storyline and leave Hattie and Bonnie in an interesting position to basically do whatever they please...while sparing us the mortification of having to watch any more scenes of Anjelica flirting with Justin.

Of course Dario and Joey are both natural choices considering they're leaving the show.

If it were to be Dario, that would certainly raise the steaks for Theresa's off-camera subplot. Mateo is the one who wants him dead. If he kills a character who's been on the show for two years, that kind of makes him a more significant threat, right?

I doubt it would be Joey since I'm guessing the show probably wants to recast him and bring him back further on down the line.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I doubt it would be Joey since I'm guessing the show probably wants to recast him and bring him back further on down the line.

Plus he hasn't had scenes with anyone but Steve/Kayla/Tripp in ages, and they're already at odds.  What's left to shake up?

That is an oddly worded spoiler.  Doesn't sounds like a very significant character.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really can't see Kate and Roman becoming a couple at this point. They have absolutely nothing in common...

They never did have anything in common except their children dating/marrying each other. They were friends and trusted each other and clicked. However when they did get together, I was on Sami's side. Roman should have never married the woman that framed his daughter to be given a lethal injection on death row.

• Love 2

More on August 21 

Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Bonnie grows nervous when Steve pays "Adrienne" a visit. 

Tuesday, August 22, 2017
A twist is revealed in Abe's case. 

Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Jennifer & Abigail are concerned when Lucas shows up drunk. 

Thursday, August 24, 2017
Nicole is tempted to confide in Eric. 

Friday, August 25, 2017
Marlena & John realize Hattie must be working with someone. 

Gabi is hit when she learns Abby/Chad are getting married. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Wow!  That was fast!  I am surprisingly all for John and Marlena figuring out Hattie so soon!  Maybe this doppelganger storyline won't be so bad, after all!

I think that Ron is using this gimmick to reunite John/Marlena and Justin/Adrienne...

• Love 2