Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

Brianna Brown had one note to play: WHACKADOO. And she played it with gusto.

She was so good at being a nutbar but she really outstayed her welcome.

I mean, yeah there was more balance with RC but it was a balance of mostly his characters. Robin was a hostage and Patrick has been a glorified dayplayer for most of RC's run

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

From 2012 - Patrick and Jason talk about Robin - this where Jason tells Patrick that he had the bridge built.

The following scene:

Patrick: And he also said that he, uh, he bought a bridge for you.

• Love 2

Thanks for posting those! I knew Jason straight-up said he bought the bridge for her, but I didn't have time to search for that specific clip.

Just...what a waste today. That bridge meant so much to JnR and nothing, absolutely nothing. It's like the writers go out of their way to make sure no one gives a shit about Robin.

Yaaaaaaawn. Big whoop.

Here's something I'm sure you will like! Robin's seeing Anna's spirit (or IS IT? ;))  after she was diagnosed as HIV positive. I guess this aired around this time 20 years ago. 

Did Claire Labine intend for Robin to become a teacher at first, based on that line from Anna? Did Guza and his team make the decision to have her become a doctor after Labine was gone? 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Early Julie as Lulu! How long did it take for her and Tracy to become close?

And Luke actually uses the phrase "girlchild". All I can think of is how we refer to Kristina as Sonny's girlchild, so it distracted me for a second. 

• Love 1

I've never see that Michael before. Hate him.

As we all know I hate Jason more than I hate anyone, but that was good shit.

I hated him, but actually in a love to hate way. I was hoping Michael would snap and eventually try to kill one of CarSason lol. Then they recast with Chad and were supposed to forget he was ever a huge asshole.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I thought they were both pretty good but Drew Garrett was much edgier. I'm not sure he's worked much since, I still don't know exactly what happened other than I think they wanted someone more conventionally handsome. Chad Duell can be very good IMO but he's dependent largely on good writing, which he has not had for the bulk of his time on the show.

• Love 1

I mean I think Chad is hot now (my world is askew) but back in the beginning he looked like eeyore so I don't know if that was it. I still can't help but wonder if something more happened. I remember Laura Wright saying it was completely out of the blue and they were all shocked.

It's probably just as well they recast Drew though. I've seen some pictures of him a year or two back and he looks a bit odd, I dunno if he would have been able to pull off any romances. 

• Love 1

I think they recast because they wanted someone who looked a little softer than DG.  He not only portrayed an edgier Michael, the part.  I think it was part of their effort to make Michael more sympathetic after his time in prison. 

• Love 1

I love this! Megan Ward is great as Kate, I wish I was watching when she was still on the show.

I know Maxie isn't exactly Einstein, but she really does love fashion and clearly proved she knew what she was talking about/doing at Crimson. People might mock her being a personal shopper, but those scenes could be fun if they ever bothered to show her on the job picking clothes out for people. Say, for Jakeson? More black leather jackets! ;) 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I know Maxie isn't exactly Einstein, but she really does love fashion and clearly proved she knew what she was talking about/doing at Crimson. People might mock her being a personal shopper, but those scenes could be fun if they ever bothered to show her on the job picking clothes out for people. Say, for Jakeson? More black leather jackets! ;) 

I wouldn't mock the personal shopping job if it weren't so obviously a bullshit afterthought. Maxie was good at her job and passionate about it and I HATE every single story that RC gave her including baby Georgie and I loathe the fact that she's still tied to that giant piece of fuckin plywood 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Talking about Carly and Sam's relationship in various threads today, I thought back to this moment from 2012, when Sam thought her baby had died.  Carly comes in to the cemetery and everybody in the background kinda gives these awesome, "Oh shit, what is this crazy bitch gonna do..." looks because of course Sam had been "very mean" to Jason at this point.  But Carly just offers her a soft, sincere condolence and a hug and it's...actually really nice.

https://youtu.be/eH0A337h_f4?t=5m36s

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

This was so great to watch again. I loved to hate this version of Michael. When CD came on, he was just this fragile, soft Eeyore type that I could never get into. And I still miss DG's inappropriate chem with Lexi.

The best thing about this clip though, was Jason and Carly both admitting they were wrong, that they failed, accepting responsibility and that they spoiled him. I'm not sure I've ever seen them do that.

• Love 2

I liked how Carly just looked at him when he apologized, not really letting him off the hook for it. But it was also realization that she couldn't exactly deny it when he left saying, "you've never had any use for cops, so why should I?"

• Love 5

I love this! Megan Ward is great as Kate, I wish I was watching when she was still on the show.

Kate had every right to fire Lulu and I kind off wished she did. That was staggeringly unprofessional and  a case could made Lulu violated terms in whatever employment contract  she signed as you are contractual required to keep trade secrets and while Carly isn't exactly a competing fashion media outlet, her giving Carly access to a first run of designer dress did make Kate look like she was careless and off her game. Stylists in Hollywood go out of their way to make sure that whatever outfit they get for their star is the only one that is going to wearing it at whatever function they are at, so it actually looks unprofessional for a fashion magazine editor to not make sure that she would be only one wearing that dress that night. What I hated about Olivia was that she just.did.not.get.it: she didn't bother to empathize how important Kate's career was to her and what this meant to her. At the very least she should have stayed the fuck out of Kate reprimanding Lulu for pulling that stunt at a business function because Kate did have the decency to wait until after the party was over and everyone left. I have always been a bit shocked that Lisa out lasted Megan Ward 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

I'd forgotten how much I loathed Olivia and her insistence on calling Kate Connie and her disdain for Kate's career. Ugh. Asshole.

Her and Sonny were both judgmental assholes to Kate for daring to reinvent herself and become successful. I hated how RC undid all that work.

• Love 1

Her and Sonny were both judgmental assholes to Kate for daring to reinvent herself and become successful. I hated how RC undid all that work.

Didn't Garin Wolf start the ball rolling on that right before Ron? He might not have gone as far, but I don't think she would have gotten off so easy had he stayed either. 

• Love 1

OMG, I love that the freezed image on that clip is Mac beaming with happiness and Felicia having to restrain him from running to Robin before she had a moment with Patrick and Emma.  I LOVE YOU MAC!

ETA...and then the HATE for Felix when he stops for a second before following Sabrina to shoot Robin and Patrick a dirty look.  Shut up, Felix, gawd!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Damn. DAMN. I detested Steve Burton's Jason, but hearing the mechanical man actually raise his voice was some good shit.I think even Carly was scared of him in that scene. And she even took responsibility for the way Michael was turning out. I need a cigarette now.

I thought they were both pretty good but Drew Garrett was much edgier. I'm not sure he's worked much since, I still don't know exactly what happened other than I think they wanted someone more conventionally handsome. Chad Duell can be very good IMO but he's dependent largely on good writing, which he has not had for the bulk of his time on the show.

According to IMDB, Drew Garrett is going to be in a show next year called Youthful Daze, but I think its a webseries or something, because there's not much information about it. On an unrelated note, Carolyn Hennessy will also be appearing in it.

According to IMDB, Drew Garrett is going to be in a show next year called Youthful Daze, but I think its a webseries or something, because there's not much information about it. On an unrelated note, Carolyn Hennessy will also be appearing in it.

It's a well-known web series, full of soap stars. Well, and Brydog.

• Love 4

It's a well-known web series, full of soap stars. Well, and Brydog.

This literally made me LOL.

I'm not saying I want this .... but I'm also not saying I don't want this ... has anyone considered instead of a 2nd hour of the View or a 3rd hour of GMA, they give the GH hour over to the reality series of Brydog and Kelly.  They can have GH's crew, so no one's out of work, and the cast can still appear as special guests.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

Patrick told Sam that he didn't want her to make the same mistake he did i.e. choosing to go back to Robin after she returned from the dead. It was completely out of character and total BS which is why I posted the clips I did - especially since it was Sam who helped him realize that he truly belonged with Robin.

• Love 2

By the way, another little moment of this I loved?  Patrick asks if Robin called his cell phone, Robin confirm she did, and Sabrina gets this awesome "Oh FUCK" look on her face because she had repeatedly insisted that Patrick was wrong.  Not that she did so maliciously, but that looping around as another slap to her face was quite enjoyable to me.

• Love 3

Patrick is confronted after Robin's "funeral" by Anna.

Anna: You must have loved that - all that attention made you feel like a player again. You know, took you back to the good old days before you were saddled with a wife and child.

Finola Hughes killed this scene.

• Love 2

Patrick is confronted after Robin's "funeral" by Anna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1VpRDA-wX0

Anna: You must have loved that - all that attention made you feel like a player again. You know, took you back to the good old days before you were saddled with a wife and child.

Finola Hughes killed this scene.

Both JT and FH killed it in this scene, but I hated the hell out of Anna. I was so happy when Noah showed up at the house later and stuck up for Patrick.

Jeez, JT killed the hell out of that entire period after Robin's death. He was spectacular. That was really the last we saw of the real Patrick Drake.

• Love 4

It seems like Sam and Liz are both being delusional/having selective memory about Jason and their history with him. Yet Sam's not wrong that Liz wanted Jason to be her white knight and also wanted some normalcy in a relationship (but the '9-5' line was crap). Liz admitted that to Jason when she confessed about changing Danny's test results. She said she wanted him to love her and take all the sadness/ pain away. The one time I definitely remember re: normalcy being an issue with Liason was they agreed to a romantic dinner at her house. She was excited and placing candles and such on the table, but then Jason called and said something came up, sorry. Liz (while alone) hung up the phone, got angry, threw stuff by her table and then was cold to Jason when he showed up during her shift at the hospital. Contrast that with Sam not getting angry/ just sort of sucking it up when Jason had himself sent to prison indefinitely (to protect Michael) without talking to her first.

Not exactly. She was furious when he arranged to have himself sent to prison in Sonny's place, to protect Michael and kicked him out of her house. I'm pretty sure that when Michael was sentenced, Jason talked to her about getting himself sent to jail for 2 years to protect Michael and she agreed with him.

Sam did put up with a lot of ridiculous crap but I think she and Liz had different issues with Jason

• Love 1

From Fylaki's post in the Spoiler thread:

Weren't Decker & Dawn actually somewhat popular when they were written off? I remember reading that some fans weren't happy about that at all, as D&D were one of the only new couples that worked back then.

The Eckerts, though, yes. It made sense to get rid of them.