Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

Here's a weird question.    How many weird feuds were caused over miscarriages?   I'm pretty sure of Julian/Duke/Anna (that Olivia Jerome caused) and AJ/Sonny (which really isn't about that but is used as an excuse).  But are there more?   

Spinbitch did much more than find out Dante was a cop and then sit next to Lulu during the chrisening.

He GLEEFULLY conspired with Jasus & Sonny to murder Dante.  Now maybe the writers didnt intend for it come across that way, but Bradford played Spinbitch as brimming with glee that a cop was going to be executed.  

• Love 6

Sonny asking if Patrick was perfect and saying maybe one day Patrick would mess up

"Yeah, but joke's on you, Sonny, 'cause I'll fuck up, but after 2012, I'll be Perfect Father and Man Sparkly Dick Who Deserves To Be Happy and everyone will love me!!!!! Boom! Roasted!" -Patrick

• Love 3

Reminds me of why I came to loathe Spinelli with the same fire of a thousand suns that I've always loathed Sonny and Jason and their ilk (Carly, Sam, Liz and Robin when they're up their asses, Julian, Ava, etc.). 

And that bitch actually got custody of that baby that never should have existed over Dante and Lulu. RAGE.

• Love 3

You guys are forgetting one of the "best" parts - that it was, of course, Olivia's fault Sonny shot his own unarmed son at point blank range.  Bitch didn't tell him Dante was his son!  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Wasn't it when Sonny shot Dante that we learned he had no idea where the towels were in his house?

Yes, hee. I think Olivia had to go and get them.

40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

"Yeah, but joke's on you, Sonny, 'cause I'll fuck up, but after 2012, I'll be Perfect Father and Man Sparkly Dick Who Deserves To Be Happy and everyone will love me!!!!! Boom! Roasted!" -Patrick

"Eh, but after that I'll have September 2014"

• Love 1

For me, regardless of legal rights, it's not like Jason ever stopped loving Jake or wanting to be his father or wanting what's best for him. He stepped aside for Jake's safety and not wanting Jake's life to be like Michael's.

Now, in present day, Jason built a relationship with all of Liz's kids, including his own in Jake. So I don't see anything wrong with him having an opinion or asking Liz to keep their child away from Franco. Especially considering who Franco is and what he's done.

Of course, anyone can entertain the "Jason is just as bad as Franco" argument, but I'll have to exit that one, lol.

Yeah. I agree. And I hated Jason. Hate! But he is/was not as bad as Franco. Even if they were equally bad, Franco had a very specific grudge against Jason in the past so I can't blame Jason for being paranoid about it.

Just now, ulkis said:

For me, regardless of legal rights, it's not like Jason ever stopped loving Jake or wanting to be his father or wanting what's best for him. He stepped aside for Jake's safety and not wanting Jake's life to be like Michael's.

Now, in present day, Jason built a relationship with all of Liz's kids, including his own in Jake. So I don't see anything wrong with him having an opinion or asking Liz to keep their child away from Franco. Especially considering who Franco is and what he's done.

Of course, anyone can entertain the "Jason is just as bad as Franco" argument, but I'll have to exit that one, lol.

Yeah. I agree. And I hated Jason. Hate! But he is/was not as bad as Franco. Even if they were equally bad, Franco had a very specific grudge against Jason in the past so I can't blame Jason for being paranoid about it.

Gah. Bold is heatlifer's commentary, regular is mine.

• Love 2

Dude. I've hated Jason for decades now, since his bitchass said "I'd be happy if I never saw your face again" to Robin. Forget the mob BS, lol. He's just a hypocritical asshole. But in the case of Franco? Franco is beyond my realm of "I'll defend this character." 

• Love 3

I think they're equally bad, but I also get why Jason would have a specific problem with him.  And, at least, his having an ax to grind with Franco is more in character than his Beavis and Butthead "at least they got a great show" response to discovering someone watched him sexing up his mob moll in the barn. 

• Love 3

I have a problem with the writers, Liez, and Jason acting like Jason has always been a father to DNAJ, because he hasn't. Lucky was his father in every way that mattered and Jason was basically the sperm donor. Jason being in DNAJ's life for a year doesn't erase all of the years Lucky was there. That being said, I have no problem with Jason telling Liez not to let Freako get near DNAJ. If Liez is so intent on Jason playing father to DNAJ and the other ones then she has to accept that he's going to voice his opinions and want to be involved in making decisions. Besides, it's not like Jason is being unreasonable by demanding Freako stay away from the kid. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And can we discuss anyone screwing in a BARN!? That's just not sanitary.

Yeah, but the barn sex on Port Charles sure was damn hot. (Of course, that was a much nicer barn.) 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Yeah, but the barn sex on Port Charles sure was damn hot. (Of course, that was a much nicer barn.) 

It was.  I think they had the common sense to bang in the hay loft as well.   For a bunch of undead vampires and doctors and rockstars, they were all smarter than Sonny,Carly, Jason, and Sam.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

It was.  I think they had the common sense to bang in the hay loft as well.   For a bunch of undead vampires and doctors and rockstars, they were all smarter than Sonny,Carly, Jason, and Sam.  

To be fair, being smarter than Sonny isn't saying much.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Besides, it's not like Jason is being unreasonable by demanding Freako stay away from the kid. 

Franco is helping Jake, Liz can see that. Shouldn't Jason be putting Jake first? Jake is still seeing a regular therapist, so it's not as if Franco is the only help he's getting.

I'm not arguing that Jason doesn't have a reason to hate Franco. He certainly does. But maybe take a step back and think about how your son will be affected before making a knee-jerk unequivocal NO.

Though let's face it, Jake is screwed no matter what. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Here's a weird question.    How many weird feuds were caused over miscarriages?   I'm pretty sure of Julian/Duke/Anna (that Olivia Jerome caused) and AJ/Sonny (which really isn't about that but is used as an excuse).  But are there more?   

I can't think of any well there was the stuff with Alexis and Sam I guess when Alexis was begging Sam to allow her unborn baby to donate the stem cells and Sam went into labor and her baby died and Sam blamed Alexis.

Lucy blamed Alan for her miscarriage for like a minute but she was plotting to get some quartermaines cash lol even Scotty who can hold a grudge forever never blamed Alan lol.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco is helping Jake, Liz can see that. Shouldn't Jason be putting Jake first? Jake is still seeing a regular therapist, so it's not as if Franco is the only help he's getting.

I'm not arguing that Jason doesn't have a reason to hate Franco. He certainly does. But maybe take a step back and think about how your son will be affected before making a knee-jerk unequivocal NO.

Though let's face it, Jake is screwed no matter what. 

Given the nature of the history between Franco and Jason and hell, Franco and Liz - the idea that Franco could possibly be their best option is ridiculous 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Given the nature of the history between Franco and Jason and hell, Franco and Liz - the idea that Franco could possibly be their best option is ridiculous 

Of course it is, but this is the show we're given.

My main objection is mostly that Jason doesn't want it, so it won't happen. No in-depth discussion with Liz about it, just the final word from On High. Ugh.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But maybe take a step back and think about how your son will be affected before making a knee-jerk unequivocal NO.

I hate Jason (then, now and forever), but I really can't blame him for having such a strong reaction to Franco spending time with Jake. OK maybe I can because he doesn't actually remember the stuff that happened, but still he's heard about it and I can certainly understand why he would react with an unequivocal no to Franco spending time with Jake. Actually, once he gets his memories back he should probably be even more unequivocal about it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Jason's killed a lot of people for a lot of bad reasons but when he gets his memories back I'd think he'd be within his rights to blow Franco away on the spot.

• Love 7

Katie 9918, it's a soap opera. No, it doesn't matter to me that he didn't know it was his son. He plays a mobster. As a general rule, they don't care much about anyone else's lives if they feel someone is threatening  them. That's what confuses me about everyone hating Sonny. He's playing a role and I understand that the writers do have people kissing his ass WAY to much but I still enjoy watching him. 

I can't standCarly. I don't think they have chemistry at all. 

Hey, Ulkis, does Michael know that Sonny killed AJ? What was the reason he killed him. I know they always hated each other but what finally led to the murder? 

Hey, Ulkis, does Michael know that Sonny killed AJ? What was the reason he killed him. I know they always hated each other but what finally led to the murder? 

Sonny thought AJ killed Connie. AJ was drunk and didn't remember that he didn't kill her. Ava actually killed Connie and framed AJ. Connie while dying tried to point to her killer by writing in her blood AJ (for Ava Jermone). It didn't help that week earlier Sonny and Liz actually found AJ choking Connie.

AJ went to jail offscreen still being unable to remember if he did kill Connie. Michael told AJ that he believed that he was not responsible for what happened to Connie and begged Sonny not to hurt AJ. At his trial, AJ was declared not guilty and Sonny was not happy.

Ava was still trying to cover her tracks and sent Carlos off to kill AJ. AJ eventually remembers that he did not kill Connie and figures that Ava was responsible. He went after Ava and Sonny walked in on them. Ava egged Sonny on while AJ begged for his life. Sonny shot him.

Meanwhile there was a cellphone recording which proved that Ava killed Connie and Sonny shot AJ. I think Franco and Carly got a hold of the recording.

Sonny lied to Michael that he wasn't responsible for what happened to AJ.

Carly and Sonny hook up while she gets engaged to Franco.

Franco finds out them and reveals to Michael on his wedding day to Carly what Sonny did and that Carly knew.

Michael was mad at his parents for almost a year and even got custody of Avery to hurt Sonny. Eventually he gave back Avery to Sonny and forgave him.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

Katie 9918, it's a soap opera. No, it doesn't matter to me that he didn't know it was his son. He plays a mobster. As a general rule, they don't care much about anyone else's lives if they feel someone is threatening  them. That's what confuses me about everyone hating Sonny. He's playing a role and I understand that the writers do have people kissing his ass WAY to much but I still enjoy watching him. 

Because everyone kisses his ass and completely ignores his faults. And even though I hate Julian, characters talking about how evil he is/Paul is/Carlos is but then they say Sonny is different because he loves his kids or whatever sounds ridiculous.

I'm not trying to convince you to hate Sonny, but I don't think the hate is confusing. It's frustrating to watch people who should have legitimate gripes against Sonny never be allowed to bring them up or always come out the loser. Besides Jason, of course, heh.

ETA: They don't completely ignore his faults but these days they don't bring up the important ones. If Michael doesn't mention it to Sonny he should at least be confiding in someone else about how while he loves Sonny, he can't trust him completely ever again because of what happened with AJ, etc etc. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

When you say he's playing a role, I think the difference here is you're talking about liking MB, vs.people talking about not liking Sonny.  Sonny is the character, and, no, MB isn't responsible for what is written for Sonny.  But, Sonny the character is not being written out of character.  This is who he's evolved to over the years, and he's responsible for the shit he's done.  If you enjoy him, continue to enjoy him.  Believe me, as a Liz fan, I can understand retaining your affection for a character/actor.  

• Love 5

I want to like Mo, and sometimes I do.   I think he's probably a nice guy, but I just can't fully like him.  Why?  Because I know the stories of the Ted King stuff, the Carly recast stuff, the things about other love interests, the way he blatantly has pimped BC into an Emmy win while CD has no story,  the fact that he kept his job after storming off the set in the 90s for weeks, that he can't remember his lines, and that he seems to insist on being the male romantic lead of the show but also the lead bad ass villain.   He's not the young actor who played Nico on AMC anymore nor the guy who nailed Desi Arnaz in a tv movie.  He's a long term soap actor in a dying medium and imo he's one of the egos slowly murdering it.  Say what you will about Roger Howarth, but at least he's grown personally from 2002.  The guy works with people and not against them, nor does he air anything on social media.  He's actually never aired his grievances publicly, which I respect.   The guy plays the most hated character on daytime and does his job.  I respect that.   Hell, Michael Easton is even trying now.  I won't begrudge him for getting five characters.   I'd give Ted King another character if I could.   I'd give JVP one more too.   Those guys are no drama.   But Mo is just too snake like to me.   

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I want to like Mo, and sometimes I do.   I think he's probably a nice guy, but I just can't fully like him.  Why?  Because I know the stories of the Ted King stuff, the Carly recast stuff, the things about other love interests, the way he blatantly has pimped BC into an Emmy win while CD has no story,  the fact that he kept his job after storming off the set in the 90s for weeks, that he can't remember his lines, and that he seems to insist on being the male romantic lead of the show but also the lead bad ass villain.   He's not the young actor who played Nico on AMC anymore nor the guy who nailed Desi Arnaz in a tv movie.  He's a long term soap actor in a dying medium and imo he's one of the egos slowly murdering it.  Say what you will about Roger Howarth, but at least he's grown personally from 2002.  The guy works with people and not against them, nor does he air anything on social media.  He's actually never aired his grievances publicly, which I respect.   The guy plays the most hated character on daytime and does his job.  I respect that.   Hell, Michael Easton is even trying now.  I won't begrudge him for getting five characters.   I'd give Ted King another character if I could.   I'd give JVP one more too.   Those guys are no drama.   But Mo is just too snake like to me.   

exactly !

• Love 1

I don't like Mo at all. But even if I did, I would still hate Sonny with the fire of a thousand suns. And the fact that he got his pardon over a dayplayer that no one will never even remember the name of is still utterly absurd.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

{Michael] begged Sonny not to hurt AJ

And Sonny promised not to. That's what made the killing even worse. Stupid Sonny couldn't keep a promise to his favorite kid; he let his own feelings take over.

12 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

the fact that he got his pardon over a dayplayer that no one will never even remember the name of is still utterly absurd.

The name of the day player was Governor's Daughter. Heh.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Sorry.  I had the links to the Sonny hanging AJ on a meat hook video, then my cat walked on the keyboard.   Anyway, I can't get it to post now, but the username was Simply Everything and it's two videos titled GH Sonny Hangs AJ On The Meat Hook.  It's way more messed up than I remembered.   

I'm so glad to finally find this. It was just posted last summer and I tried to find it long before that.

It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sonny was a straight up mobster but AJ was holding his own. I expected more violence to get AJ to give up Michael, but he gave in pretty easily. I understand Sonny's motivation b/c  he blamed AJ for Carly falling down the stairs and losing his baby even though it was really an accident.

Why was Sonny eating in a meat locker. ewww.

• Love 2

What I forgot completely was that Michael looks like he's about 5, maybe 4 in these clips and he's calling Sonny "Uncle Sonny".   So, Michael really has no memory of that at all?   Maybe it's the numerous head traumas, psychological traumas, or constantly being told by Carly that either Jason, AJ, and then Sonny are his father.   But shouldn't he have some sort of memory of AJ when he was a kid?    You know, like, being his dad.   I also think these scenes (just like when I watched them originally ) would've been better with SK as AJ.  I don't think BW is intense enough at the right times for AJ.   Interesting thing too is that pretty much everything AJ said in that clip either was true or came true.   

(edited)

Billy warlock was always the best AJ. he never stopped trying to get his son. He fought with all he had. went to the cops,You Mac, and they didn't believe him. His family except Skye gave up on him. I hate Sonny.and the unholy three, guza etal.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 1

Michael always knew that Sonny adopted him. He asked Sonny if he could call him daddy and Sonny asked Michael if he could adopt him. Sonny and Carly were able to keep AJ away from Michael for the most part since he was a toddler. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Michael always knew that Sonny adopted him. He asked Sonny if he could call him daddy and Sonny asked Michael if he could adopt him. Sonny and Carly were able to keep AJ away from Michael for the most part since he was a toddler. 

Ahhh.   Okay.   I knew I was missing something.   But I still don't think we've had proper fallout tbh until either 1.) AJ is revealed as never dead 2.) Jason remembers his brother - I mean actually remembers him, like the time AJ boxed Jagger for him etc and gets angry at Sonny/Carly for AJ's murder 3.) Tracy and Monica get the recording from Paul.   Let's be honest,  that's the best payback for everyone because Tracy and Monica will own Paul, Ava, and Sonny.  Finn will probably eventually figure out Carly switched Avery's paternity, delivering her straight to Tracy/Monica.   I'm actually still pissed we never got proper, true fallout.   Though I am glad it was SK's AJ who got to tell CD's Michael about everything.   I found BW's AJ to be too clean, too... just not that charming screwup that you could root for.  SK has that it factor for me that makes him the perfect shades of gray.  AJ isn't a hero, nor is he a villain.   That's why I like him.  I find him more relatable.   I think a lot of other viewers do too in the way that we try and try in various things in our daily lives, but we mess up.  So, here's this handsome, educated, wealthy guy who stumbles and falls-  but he keeps trying.   Maybe that's why Sonny hates him so damn much.  It's not because of StairGate.  It's because AJ really never actually gives up.   

• Love 1
(edited)

Funny. I typed "General Hospital Angel 2001" into YouTube and the first thing that came up was exactly the scene I mentioned today in the episode thread, where she has the roaring fire going in July. 

Angel Boris was at that time perceived by most viewers (at least, the ones on line) as an unbelievably bad and amateurish actor, but I have to say, we've had worse since, and they've stuck around a lot longer.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M45yRwBDMGA

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

In case Christina Baldwin and Annie Donnely are actually coming back this time, can someone give me an overview of who they are? I know Christina is the daughter Scott had with his late wife who died of cancer and that Lucy was the surrogate mother and eventually adopted her. Or is that Serena? I know nothing about Annie. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

In case Christina Baldwin and Annie Donnely are actually coming back this time, can someone give me an overview of who they are? I know Christina is the daughter Scott had with his late wife who died of cancer and that Lucy was the surrogate mother and eventually adopted her. Or is that Serena? I know nothing about Annie. 

Way back in the gap, like 2001ish, Frank Scalon and a crazy lady had a baby.  She named it after the very awesome Dr. Chris Ramsay.  Scotty Baldwin and Lucy adopted Christina because Frank was incapacitated  (I think he was an alcoholic paramedic ) and bio mom was in a psych ward.  They kept her name, Christina.  Lucy and Kevin got back together and Christina was a happy kid.  She did know her big sister, Livvie, so she may be confused when she meets Sam.  She lives in Paris with her older sister, Serena Baldwin.   She has brown hair and is part Italian.  Serena Baldwin was born via surrogate to Dominique and Scotty Baldwin.   Lucy was the surrogate.   Scotty and Lucy got together after Dom died of brain cancer.  Serena is a smart, happy,  blonde girl.  Anna/Annie Donelly is the daughter of Sean and Tiffany Donnelly.  No one knows much about her except that her parents are awesome and she's named after Anna Devane.  Her life has been offscreen.  Of all these kids, Christina Baldwin might be the toughest.  She's survived kidnappings by vampires.  

8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Serena was the daughter of Scott's late wife Dominique (and she died from a brain tumor), but only because her egg was implanted into Lucy (who otherwise could never carry a child to term after she suffered a miscarriage in 1991) before her death, so Serena was born after she was gone.

Whether Christina is Scott's daughter or Kevin's daughter depends on whether you are talking to a Scott & Lucy fan or a Kevin & Lucy fan, LOL.

Anna Donely (only one N!) was born offscreen in 1995 after her parents, Sean & Tiffany, left for Boston. She and Sean showed up for five minutes in 2013 for a story involving Luke & Holly that I don't really care to remember, except that Sean and Anna were there.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, UYI said:

Whether Christina is Scott's daughter or Kevin's daughter depends on whether you are talking to a Scott & Lucy fan or a Kevin & Lucy fan, LOL.

I am a huge Kevin/Lucy Shipper. They were "My Couple" so fuck RC/FV for not writing them properly, but I still say Christina is Scotty's daughter and Kevin is Christina's "House Dad."

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, UYI said:

What if you're kind of both?

• Love 3

Yeah, I remember an episode of "Port Charles" where Frank (bio dad), Scotty (adopted dad), and Kevin (stepdad) kinda sat down and figured out that they all wanted to be involved, but that Kevin would be the "house dad" since he and Lucy were married and Christina was living with them.

Again, if they were to introduce her, it's easy enough if you keep it simple - she was adopted by Lucy and Scotty, she grew up with Kevin as her stepdad.  Done.

• Love 2