Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

But certainly the Dean-Amara connection is something that exists and is something that we will explore later in the season.

Translated into normal speak: NEVER. Not at all. Not even a teensy tiny bit will it be explored.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

But certainly the Dean-Amara connection is something that exists and is something that we will explore later in the season.

Translation: We will mention it happened as it is being transferred over to Sam. Not for nothing did Jared mention her at SDCC.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3

SUPERNATURAL “Atomic Monsters” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DV) (HDTV) JENSEN ACKLES DIRECTS – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate the mysterious death of a girl and the disappearance of another. Jensen Ackles directed the episode written by Davy Perez (#1501). Original Airdate 11/7/2019. SOURCE: The CW

Someone clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this episode description

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Promo for 15x03

The Mausoleum reads "Carver", very subtle, guys. 

Are they seriously teasing another Rowena death? I don`t believe the character will be killed off, Ruthie Connell strikes me as way too upbeat for that to happen.

But this melodramatic imploring if Sam would save her over the world? Guess this is supposed to tie into "Sam kills her" but in general the answer should be "no". The characters might be friendly but they haven`t remotely gotten so close as to think he would let the world die to save her. That creepy stuff is reserved for the brothers on SPN.

edit: I read Rowena is gonna guest-star in episode 7 again - though can`t really verify. 

Oh, and I like Dean`s line about not giving up. Is he over the nihilism already? Wouldn`t mind.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2

In the continuing Saga of Dabb spoils everything: 

We will be seeing Chuck's "writing' for other Earths and bearded Dean from the clip is from an alternate Earth. 

Got any scoop on Supernatural? –RR
The show will kind of be having its own Crisis on Infinite Earths! “We will be jumping around to a couple of different worlds, some we visited before and some we haven’t,” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb reveals, “as we kind of get to the bottom of what Chuck’s been doing not just to our guys, but on a much larger multi-dimensional scale.” On a related note, the scruffy Dean spotted in this trailer is “a version of Dean not from our world, who we’ll be getting to know a little bit better in the upcoming episodes.”

Link

How completely surprising.

Coupled with what he said previously that means Sam starts having "visions" of Chuck`s other stories and it takes him a while to figure this out. We`ll probably be getting a little vision-clip story of Earth 38 where bearded!Dean and Lucifer!Sam play out the ending of "The End", just in the bunker. 

This will show the brothers (and the audience) what Chuck`s "creative process" is like. My question to this is: how is that a mystery? He just writes different stories and every Earth is a draft. AU!Michael explained this succintly last year. Do the writers think people are genuinely too stupid to understand how writing a story works?

Also "a couple of worlds, some we visited before" - correct me if I`m wrong but "visited before" is Apocalypse World, the French Mistake universe and the one where they ate a lizard, right? Hardly a need for mystery visits back to establish "yup, Chuck is a bad writer". We know. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

From @Aeryn13 in the Raising Hell thread.

Killing Chuck means killing the world so just shooting him with the gun again should be out of the question. 

My guess is that at the end of ep 3 Belphegor is going to disappear (since episode 4 is a MOTW) along with the gun.  If he didn't want it, than they wouldn't have made it a point of Dean being an idiot and putting the gun in the glove compartment in front of a demon.

This will give them a throw away line, "there are no leads on Belphegor and the gun, we might as well hunt."  This is a typical plot line. 

They can kill Chuck if Amara dies too.   What if Amara used the gun.  There was Jared's, IMO, slip of the tounge about Sam being possessed by Amara.  So maybe he agrees to be possessed and attempt to take over, like with Lucifer and shoot Chuck.  It will have to be Sam since he has the God connection.  But since the network said no to killing God, Sam, of course will talk down God. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Let me guess Witch Sam

Probably. Rowena's magic gets transferred to Sam so to her it feels like she "died". And then he magics away the ghost-pocalypse. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2

Haha! I love it in the sneak peak when Dean calls this a "sloppy ass ghost-pocalypse"! (And refers to Dabb Chuck as a "glorified fan-boy!")

It's like he feels the same way about the start of this season as I do! 

I mean, has there ever been a more uninteresting, unscary, and lame portrayal of Jack the Ripper than the one we have just seen on Supernatural? Here we are, already at the third episode of the ultimate season of the show, and the story still hasn't managed to move on from this stupid plastic town and its boring ghosts.

• Love 6
On 10/18/2019 at 11:28 PM, PinkChicken said:

It strikes me that the Season 8 trials are the perfect solution to what Chuck has done to hell.

Back in season 8 I never really held it against them for not following through because aside from being in the right place and having the knowledge, there was no external pressure or solid threat that required they complete them then and there. Even though logically it is 1 person vs however many were and will be hurt by demons subsequently, you can't ask someone to do that and even if you argue that they should, they aren't actually obliged to. 

Now that the threat is much larger and more immediate does that change?

I know. I kept thinking... why don't they just tie Crowley lite to a chair and have Sam inject him full of blood. He has already done 2/3 trials. Why is it okay for Rowena to sacrifice herself but not wee Sammy?

Edited by Castiels Cat
On 10/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, PinkChicken said:

I also hope they stay together dead or alive, but that said I want them both to have a purpose and actual narrative role in the end.

There's not *really* much difference I know, but (outside of any "I'm not leaving you" moments) Dean's suicidal recklessness is pretty much always dressed up in sacrifice or martyrdom. There is no giving up without a wider context or "valid excuse" because they wouldn't just do that to each other. I want Dean to have more to do than just pointlessly kill himself next to Sam for moral support while Sam saves the world using a method which actually only requires one man to complete. It might be semantic but context is everything. To take a well used example of driving baby off a cliff, obviously only one (or no) driver is actually required, but I wouldn't mind if they did that together... (spoiler is for the Originals)

Hide contents

...but an ending like The Originals, is one of my worst fears for this show. Because it required two separate acts, Elijah just came off super depressing and kind of pointless to me  --and in that case there was even the added padding of having lived a thousand lifetimes and having committed some pretty horrible acts.

I can't remember where all the content was that people put it together from, but what I remember both of them saying at SDCC is that it was [paraphrased] "the opposite to what we might expect from the characters" +Jensen saying something appeasing about how it gave them opportunities to play different notes (possibly so people wouldn't quote him as saying it was ooc or anything). Maybe fandom just took it wrong and what we assumed in the first place wasn't what they thought we would? I remember thinking it could go either way, because they had played Dean off so differently recently than what I liked about earlier seasons, so I didn't really read much into it at the time. It also depends if they were specifically talking about free will, or about faith in God and the associated disappointment/anger, or just a positive "gotta keep grinding" outlook overall. Because they both have variable track records with all those things.
Its not really surprising they contradict themselves intheir attempts at baing cagey about spoilers. Though now I wonder if they swapped it after SDCC after all those comments...

I also wanted the demon to be Bela 😞 but I think Dabb is completely allergic (or maybe its actually just the budget) to using characters that weren't created by him, and Singer never liked her. 

If they're going to do a cursory flip through and discard some possible AU endings, AND bring back OG Michael and Adam, might I suggest that this provides the context required to re-write the idiocy that was Billie's books for Dean. If they mention a Michael, at the time there was no way for her or Dean to know *which* Michael would be involved in the final problem.

re: potential bearded endverse-Dean, it has also been 5 years since 2014, so when Lucifer-Sam told Dean he would see him in 5 years, it not only refers to the fact that Dean was going back to 5 years in the past but also lines up with them meeting again now. Back in Season 5 at least, Angels still had the mystery and power to be able to exist outside of time and know things like that...

Yes. I think bringing up Michael totally puts Billie's books back into play. A final fate for him can be reached by a straight line or a winding road. She never said which Michael. All we knew is that Dean going to the other world and looking for Mary is what created the other deaths.Look how they resolved Rowena's fate. I do give them props for that. The hellspawn spirit storyline and attendant storyline was horrible. But these two things work. Ketch worked.

For the past few weeks I've been thinking that they're getting all the secondary/subsidiary characters together and killing them off one by one so that the Winchesters will wind up as they were (or at least seemed to be) in season 1:  just the two of them, alone against the monsters.  Didn't Sera Gamble say that that was what she was aiming at in season 6, I think?  They'd be Butch and Sundance, facing down everything alone.

OTOH, didn't Jensen say he wanted a Butch & Sundance ending, with the two of them going out in a blaze of glory?

Frankly, I'm afraid that it's going to be Sam/Chuck (with their connection) against Dean.  Dean has the Special Gun (ie, the new Colt).  Sam takes over long enough to tell Dean to shoot him (and therefore kill Chuck); and this time Dean does it, and sacrifices himself in the backlash so they both die together.  (Of course, that begs the question of what happens to the world's balance if Chuck is truly dead--unless Amara is also dead and so the balance of light and dark remains?)

My head hurts.  And this makes my stomach hurt, too.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I really don't like the sound of this at all.

Sounds like he's still trying to get the fandom - probably more so his fandom - prepped for serious disappointment. No, don't like the sound of this, nothing seems to have changed from his initial misgivings. I expect the finale to suck.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Frankly, I'm afraid that it's going to be Sam/Chuck (with their connection) against Dean.  Dean has the Special Gun (ie, the new Colt).  Sam takes over long enough to tell Dean to shoot him (and therefore kill Chuck); and this time Dean does it, and sacrifices himself in the backlash so they both die together.  (Of course, that begs the question of what happens to the world's balance if Chuck is truly dead--unless Amara is also dead and so the balance of light and dark remains?)

My mind keeps going back to what Jared said at comic con about Sam being possessed by Amara.   That for me is just too on the nose to just be tossed out randomly.  Especially since Sam had no connection to Amara. 

My guess is that Sam will say yes to Amara (we were told she had more important things on her mind then Dean).  Even thought it makes no sense,.  Because there is still balance if both are dead.  But the network said no to killing God so I don't see that happening.   I think will just be a combination of Trial and Error*/Swan Song/Alpha and Omega.  Sam will take the God gun planning to kill both, and sacrifce himself in the process.  But he'll managed to talk them off the ledge just like Dean did.

I think monsters will be gone and Sam will decide to go back to Law School and Dean we will just see driving away (they might ever go with Jensen's dream).

I can see Jensen having a problem with that.  And why he might want a movie in the future, to give Dean a more definitive end.

*When I say Trial and Error I mean the speeches.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

So this is what he actually says.  Not sure it made me feel any better.

I don’t know, I have a feeling that even after spending some time thinking about the ending, I might still have a problem with it!  🤨

One thing I did take away from his discussion is the difference in treatment he gets from Eric Kripke and from Andrew Dabb. Dabb, who had no trouble with having a dinner with Jared to discuss what was going to go on in season 14 or with Alex to discuss what is going to go on in season 15, could not be bothered to have a discussion with Jensen when Jensen specifically indicated he was having some issues with Michael and that he would like to discuss it with Dabb. 

Kripke not only listened to Jensen‘s thoughts and feelings on the finale but also took the time to go over it with him. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

So this is what he actually says.  Not sure it made me feel any better.

Uh, no, that did not make me feel better at all.

And the problem with what Jensen is saying here is that the first knee-jerk reaction to the end is what's really going to stick with the viewer. They don't have access to Eric Kripke or anyone like that to tell them why it's so great even though said viewer didn't like it.

So if that reaction is one of disappointment or even anger, sitting back and thinking about it for months - which the general audience is so not going to do - is unlikely to change many minds. And if the reaction to the end is bad enough, it can actually sour a person's views on the entire series. How I Met Your Mother can fully attest to that fact.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, PAForrest said:

And the problem with what Jensen is saying here is that the first knee-jerk reaction to the end is what's really going to stick with the viewer. They don't have access to Eric Kripke or anyone like that to tell them why it's so great even though said viewer didn't like it.

So if that reaction is one of disappointment or even anger, sitting back and thinking about it for months - which the general audience is so not going to do - is unlikely to change many minds. And if the reaction to the end is bad enough, it can actually sour a person's views on the entire series. How I Met Your Mother can fully attest to that fact.

ITA

In addition, Kripke thought that Swan Song was such a masterpiece of an episode which is complete opposite my thoughts. So, no, that doesn't give me any better feelings for what's coming. 

• Love 5
On 10/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, trudysmom said:

But with less personality.  At least Boogertron could make sense at times, his snark was funny. 

Well he does like sticking a knife into my heart and twisting and he routinely sticks it to Dean.

1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

The biggest problem is that we don't have another season to undo the mess that was made of the finale. What we get is what we get. End of show end of discussion. 

I'm assuming the finale hasn't been written yet. I hope Jensen's lack of enthusiasm will influence Dabb enough to rethink blowing up the Lamborghini altogether.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Res said:

I really hope they don't do a LOST or Dallas ending. It's all a dream or this is your life Judgement.

Normally, those are the worst. But in this case I'd prefer it to a re-do of 5.22.

• Love 2

I would think, having played the character and experienced the stories for 15 years, that any proposed ending would immediately feel right to him if it were right. It would just flow naturally to an organic conclusion that one could see as inevitable. But, so much has changed, especially in the last year. The story feels rewritten, disconnected in such a way, that it seems even the principal actor can't digest the ending? Since little that was true before remains true today, I can't imagine what the end will be. I don't think I want to find out.

• Love 1

Well that feels like someone knows the fandom is most likely not going to be happy. Saying he wasn't happy with it first but was once he'd really, really thought about it is not the most ringing of endorsements. 

I like an episode of anything that you find more to enjoy and appreciate over multiple viewings or having discussed it, but most TV watchers aren't like that they aren't going to "give it time", so even if you really think it's going to be a slow burn many people will have already said "shitty ending" without ruminating further, even a lot of big fans. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I lost the tweet but the last question was how Dean and Cas make up.

Dean prays to Cas apparently to explain why he treated him like he did.

So...it’s all Dean groveling again. What a surprise. 

5 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

Jensen basically confirmed that Dean has no story of his own this season. One of the two main characters who's been there since the beginning. Fuck Michael and fuck Billie then, I guess? 

No, he did not.  If this is your opinion, no worries.  But this is not factually true. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lemuria said:

So...it’s all Dean groveling again. What a surprise. 

Cas is important to Dean. We learn why Dean was so angry with him.  'Praying' is how Dean directly talks to Cas when they are out of touch - just like he has for years.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SueB said:

No, he did not.  If this is your opinion, no worries.  But this is not factually true. 

Dean is not linked to Chuck so the brothers are not equally linked together in this storyline. Jensen has to say something diplomatic, though.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Dean is not linked to Chuck so the brothers are not equally linked together in this storyline. Jensen has to say something diplomatic, though.

It’s episode 3 thus far.  Perhaps a little more of the story will show a more complete picture?   ONE feature of the story is that Chuck can’t ‘peace out.’   That doesn’t mean it’s the entire plot of S15 mythology.  

ETA: And Jack is missing at least thru 12.  So the ‘it’s the all Jack show’ is also not a real worry.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, SueB said:

It’s episode 3 thus far.  Perhaps a little more of the story will show a more complete picture?   ONE feature of the story is that Chuck can’t ‘peace out.’   That doesn’t mean it’s the entire plot of S15 mythology.  

I don't believe in miracles with this show. What you see is what you get. And I did learn my final lesson last Season with the dismal handling of the Michael story.

However, I'm less concerned with the Season overall than with the Finale. That can really tank a show. And while Jensen was once again diplomatic, the fact that he was and is still speaking out about his earlier qualms is worrying. Usually, the gut instinct of liking or not liking something is the correct one and if one has to talk himself into liking something, that's not good. It's something I can't ever do. Either something works for me from the start or never.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SueB said:

ETA: And Jack is missing at least thru 12.  So the ‘it’s the all Jack show’ is also not a real worry.  

It is if Jack is then there for the rest of the season, which is what's going to be remembered.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

IHowever, I'm less concerned with the Season overall than with the Finale. That can really tank a show. And while Jensen was once again diplomatic, the fact that he was and is still speaking out about his earlier qualms is worrying.

I agree that at this point it’s about whether they stick the landing.  And I also agree, he’s not confident we will like it. 

• Love 1

We learn why Dean was so angry? I thought we all knew very clearly going back to last season. Cas didn't tell Dean all the pertinent information, his mom got killed and then Cas sided with the killer. Accident or not, he is the killer. 

Is there another reason Dean is mad? 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, SueB said:

And I also agree, he’s not confident we will like it. 

This is what concerns me. I usually agree with much of what Jensen thinks about Dean, the brothers, the other characters, the show and the arcs in general, etc. So if he wasn’t into the ending and had to be talked into it and still doesn’t know if people will like, that says to me that he’s still not sure about how he feels about it even if he’s trying to reassure people. The way he said he doesn’t want to let anyone down makes me feel he’s afraid this ending will because it’s not integral to the characters and instead is too much about the fan service...since he said Kripke told him to step back and think of the audience. But which audience, we all have very different views on things and some of the loudest people in the writers’ ears aren’t necessarily speaking for us all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, desiresrisked said:

This is what concerns me. I usually agree with much of what Jensen thinks about Dean, the brothers, the other characters, the show and the arcs in general, etc. So if he wasn’t into the ending and had to be talked into it and still doesn’t know if people will like, that says to me that he’s still not sure about how he feels about it even if he’s trying to reassure people. The way he said he doesn’t want to let anyone down makes me feel he’s afraid this ending will because it’s not integral to the characters and instead is too much about the fan service...since he said Kripke told him to step back and think of the audience. But which audience, we all have very different views on things and some of the loudest people in the writers’ ears aren’t necessarily speaking for us all.

I think Dean fans are screwed, and he knows it.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

We learn why Dean was so angry? I thought we all knew very clearly going back to last season. Cas didn't tell Dean all the pertinent information, his mom got killed and then Cas sided with the killer. Accident or not, he is the killer. 

Is there another reason Dean is mad? 

This was my understanding of the situation as well.

Maybe the writers decided that these facts allowed for too much sympathy for Dean and insufficient guiltlessness and woobiness for Castiel. Obviously a situation that could not be allowed to stand, right? So they are going to have to come up with something else.

Whatever. Hopefully this storyline will not drag on forever. The sooner it is over the better.

• Love 3
Just now, Bergamot said:

Whatever. Hopefully this storyline will not drag on forever. The sooner it is over the better.

We're only on ep 4 (this week) and it seems like whatever happens, this 'prayer' isn't happening any time soon. Maybe ep 9 or 10? So weeks more Dean-bashing and worse, 'where's the Angel??!!!, for weeks to come. Hopefully not over the winter hiatus when they can really build up steam.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

We're only on ep 4 (this week) and it seems like whatever happens, this 'prayer' isn't happening any time soon. Maybe ep 9 or 10? So weeks more Dean-bashing and worse, 'where's the Angel??!!!, for weeks to come. Hopefully not over the winter hiatus when they can really build up steam.

Jensen said episode 9. Since ep 8 is the mid-season finale it will linger and fester over the 6 week hiatus.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen said episode 9. Since ep 8 is the mid-season finale it will linger and fester over the 6 week hiatus.

Terrific. The news about this season just keeps getting better and better.

Oh well, par for the course. My happy place right now is thinking about Jensen meeting with people in a few weeks to talk about future projects!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I thought Jensen's answer beginning with.."Does Dean have a storyline this season...heh...that's a great question..." implied that Dean did not have his own storyline since he also said when it's usually each brother doing something on their own, this time the brothers are in it together. IMO, since it's been shown that Dean has asked after Sam's special gunshot wound and looking worried twice in the first 3 episodes, I completely expect Dean's role will be to worry and support Sam and find a way to save Sam. I see the end of S8 combined with the end of S5 on the horizon for Dean. I don't see Dean having anything to do that won't center around Sam. For me, that is not a Dean storyline. The only aspect I could see being construed as being about Dean is for Dean to have learn to let Sam go or learn some other very special lesson.

I expect the Dean prayer to Cas will be about Sam, that he'll pray for Cas to help him with Sam. It will be a redux in a way of Dean praying to Cas at the beginning of s9 with the difference being that Dean won't get the Mark of Cain as a follow-up. That's my guess.

Moved from spoilers lest it be construed as bitterness. I'm not bitter about it, more resigned to the inevitability I predict.

• Love 3

Moving this here, becuase I think it fits better here.  This is not meant to be from a 'jerk/bitch' POV but more of a direct comment on something Jensen said.

Based on what we know of the season so far, if I ask myself what would change if character X wasn't in it and the answer is nothing, IMO, Character X doesn't have a story line. 

IMO, when asked point blank, Jensen answer was the PC version of No. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Well that feels like someone knows the fandom is most likely not going to be happy. Saying he wasn't happy with it first but was once he'd really, really thought about it is not the most ringing of endorsements. 

I like an episode of anything that you find more to enjoy and appreciate over multiple viewings or having discussed it, but most TV watchers aren't like that they aren't going to "give it time", so even if you really think it's going to be a slow burn many people will have already said "shitty ending" without ruminating further, even a lot of big fans. 

I found it interesting that he said that everyone in the room was on board with it, except him-so he was in a minority of one there and as such likely felt pretty powerless to voice opposition to it, right at that time. 

Now it seems like he's still worried about it, but he's just decided that this is going to be the extent to which he'll voice opposition to it.

And this only reinforces the leery feeling of it in this Dean fan.

And likewise for the way the writers seem to be handling Dean's rift with Cas. At this point, the "blame" lies mostly with how Dean is acting, while Cas is seemingly getting a free pass on the things that he's done wrong and/or how he's acted that contributed to the rift.

So even in the soap opera plot, Dean is seemingly getting the shaft again-just as in S5.

Nothing, storywise or storyline wise that came out of these panels sounded hopeful at all for Dean to me.

That said, I decided to watch the panels anyway and they were surprisingly very good to me in that I kind of got the feeling that Jensen is truly excited and happy about moving on with his own personal future endeavors, even while still giving everything he has and can give to this last season of Supernatural.

And to me, just judging by the interactions that came out of this con-even the ones that he wasn't an actual physical part of, he has become the de facto leader on set and BTS, even if JP is No. 1 on the call sheet.

I also found it interesting that he wrote a long letter to the writers concerning a scene in the upcoming episode that he directed-the teaser  scene, IIRC. That was something different from him and most definitely a change for the better coming from him and going forward with his career. 

But the most impressive thing I got from watching the two panels was the respect that he was afforded from pretty much everyone at this con-even from the audience who we know had to include a good number of Destihellers in the joint panel with MC and whose questions were handled pretty much perfectly by both actors, IMO.

Not that I would want to see one of those panels at every con, but this one was not half as bad as I expected it would be, especially considering the present climate of the two big shipping fandoms that Dabb and co. cater to(IMO) the most on Twitter and Tumblr.

And yes, ITA that The Gold Panel was the best thing about the entire con and such an unexpected treat for this JA/Dean fan. It felt like one of Jensen's solo panels at Jibcon to me, tbh.

• Love 7