Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

How I wish in every episode Brian would just die a painful death. I rather have Vinny back. Just very low of him to have an affair with a woman, yet he always preaching and being an over the top liberal douche. Stewie should have left his ass tied up there and wish Vic did find out that Brian was sleeping with Tori just so Brian can get the shit beat out of him. Just like Stewie said with Brian, "Why does everything you touch turn to garbage?"

Bonnie was always an undercover bitch. She always had this thing about her that shows that she's not happy with being married to Joe. 

Dr. Hartman is such a lousy doctor lol and did like the Joe plot of him being paralyzed from the neck down. 

Also did like the Stand By Me scene with Peter at the end, just loved the movie even though they did do a Stand By Me story a couple of seasons ago.

• Love 1

I like whenever Brian acts like a dog, but having sex with the wife of a Navy SEAL by pretending to be their dog was a little low for him.

This was the same character that gleefully duped his blind girlfriend into thinking he took her to Paris and defended her against a bunch of thieves. There is no "low" for him anymore.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

I like whenever Brian acts like a dog, but having sex with the wife of a Navy SEAL by pretending to be their dog was a little low for him.

I actually liked Joe's plot. But will Bonnie actually come back? Probably.

This was the same character that gleefully duped his blind girlfriend into thinking he took her to Paris and defended her against a bunch of thieves. There is no "low" for him anymore.

Yeah, it was low of him to sleep with a Navy SEAL's wife and I wasn't sorry that the husband treated him like crap. Although, it was funny to see Stewie getting Vice President Biden to save Brian. 

I guess this episode was switched with the other one since that was about guns and hate crimes.

I know I have to let it go, but I will never understand why human women sleep with Brian, a dog. It's just weird, which was especially apparent in this episode where he switched from dog to "human".  The Joe plot was pretty good. I like it when Peter actually acts like a friend/husband/father and not like a complete amoral brain-dead a-hole.

Why are there so many (human) woman willing to have sex with a dog? That keeps distracting me whenever this happens.

I still can't understand how Brain has a half-human/half-dog son either.

Gah! I had forgotten about Dylan!

So, was Brian unable to leave the yard after being chained up by unfastening his collar b/c he was thinking like a dog? That bugged me a little,

(current design) Cleveland Jr. in a Family Guy episode!? And talking?! Didn't see that coming. Peter learned not to screw with him, he was pretty brutal back on the Cleveland Show.

Really, really funny but esoteric reference to Carter reading a JAG fanfic at a NCIS convention. Of course it was 1) badly written 2) sparsely attended and 3) everyone hated it. (Also a great callback to JAG only being watched by old people)

The only difference between Peter and George Zimmerman is that Peter is not an entirely terrible person and takes responsibility for what he did.

Really loved that running gag with the pockets. It just goes to show that Peter did indeed produce these kids.

• Love 1

So this was the episode that kept getting pushed back because of current events. It actually was pretty good.

I think what made it work was that even though what Peter did was awful, it wasn't because he was an asshole (for once), it really was a stupid mistake. And like a previous poster pointed out, he ultimately took responsibility for it.

Lois beating Peter in front of the kids while they tore out their hair made me laugh and cringe, but the pockets joke was gold. STFU Brian, being PC doesn't make you better than everyone else.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

This show should have remained "lost" and never aired. I changed the channel when Peter was arrested for burning down Cleveland's house.

Agreed. I'm out. This comes off the DVR. The little "media doesn't care when blacks kill other blacks" line sounds like it was written by their friend Rush Limbaugh. Oh well. It's been real Family Guy. You've been corny for a while anyway.
  • Love 1

I'm not making the connection with Limbaugh. 

I'm surprised the lawyer didn't go with the patented "mentally ill" defense like irl, especially since Peter actually is. 

I thought the episode was fine. I didn't think it was that controversial at all. I get why it was postponed.

Peter, Cleveland and Joe find an old VHS tape of an Asian soap opera that Quagmire starred in when he lived in Korea. When they can't find the series finale, the guys head to Korea to search for it, and there Quagmire is reunited with an old lover. Meanwhile, Stewie fears he's turning into a redhead.

With the Griffins low on funds, Stewie gets cast in a peanut-butter commercial and in a jiffy becomes the family breadwinner. Meanwhile, Lois and Peter turn into crazed show-business parents and Brian proves to Stewie that being a child actor is no big deal.

I quite liked this. I wish we saw the rest of Winter Summer. How DID the girl survive being hit by the bus?! I also wanted to see the weird adventure Adam West, Tom Tucker and Mort Goldman went on, and I hope we actually see one in the future.

Yes, Korean pop music is weird. But I've seen weirder.

I can't believe they killed off Donna's mother offscreen. That's just low.

• Love 2

I haven't watched "Family Guy" in ages (although over Christmas, my family watched the "Star Wars" episodes), but I liked this one. The cooking your dog commercial with Ashton Kutcher was too much, but otherwise, it was enjoyable. 

I agree that killing Donna's mother off-camera (and by a gunshot suicide) was low. 

I liked this episode, the description mentioned Stewie but didn't see him which sucked as Stewie is always a highlight. This episode wasn't bad, I think it should have been around when soap operas were really popular because right now it's a dying genre. I use to love watching daytime soaps, but don't watch them anymore.

I can't believe they killed off Donna's mother offscreen. That's just low.

I might be misremembering what I saw on The Cleveland Show, but wasn't Donna raised by her "outrageous" Auntie Momma b/c Donna's mother had died?

I might be misremembering what I saw on The Cleveland Show, but wasn't Donna raised by her "outrageous" Auntie Momma b/c Donna's mother had died?

Donna's mother left her with her brother aka Auntie Momma so she wouldn't have to give up her career.  Cleveland reunited them.

My ex was Korean, and that made this episode extra funny to me. Offensive, sure, but funny. I especially related to "I will make you a gross dinner that you will not eat, and then I will order you a pizza!" I like Korean food to a point, but I was also very happy to find a pizza place when I was there! (Also cracked up at the blink-and-miss-it cut of Peter trying kimchi then immediately throwing up, ipecac-style, in the K-pop video.)

My husband commented "Hmm, maybe I'll have to check more of these videos out," right before Peter said "What is this and how do I make my life about it?" Which will become a common quote in our house now, I'm sure.

• Love 1

With Lois and her mom relaxing at a spa, Peter entertains his father-in-law at home, where the two guys get taken in an email scam. So off they go to Africa to get back their dough. Meanwhile, Brian takes an interest in Meg's friend, Patty.

So Carter is dumb enough to fall for the Nigerian Prince scam. Isn't he, you know, rich? But this IS Peter and Carter we're talking about.

So Brian falls for Meg's friend Patty (who's even homelier than Meg). Stewie reminds him that she's in high school...but 1) Brian's a dog and 2) Seven. It's still weird and creepy as hell.

Herbert as the mosquito gave me only laugh of the episode. Okay, and when Neil deGrasse Tyson showed up. I miss Cosmos.

• Love 1

Neil deGrasse Tyson showing up reminded me of some show a recently saw in which he discussed the science on this show. ha ha

I gotta admit, the scammers using the money to improve their neighborhood was pretty funny. I hope the president doesn't send Elvis there to intervene...

Probably the thing I hate most about this episode is that it displays all the worst things about being a child actor and then assuming that most everybody will end up like that. The Griffins blew Stewie's chance to be famous by being total idiots about it, like usual, but Brian was preaching that all child actors always crash and burn no matter what, which is obviously not true. Acting is a stressful job yes, but people can and do "make it" without becoming total wrecks and despite what the news would have everybody believe most do.

Brian was preaching that all child actors always crash and burn no matter what, which is obviously not true.

Especially considering one of the actors on the show started out as a child actor and has had a pretty successful personal and professional life.

Well, at least they finally remembered that Lois plays the piano. 

I hate it when I start thinking logically but technically, wouldn't Lois and Peter have limited access to Stewie's money?  Isn't it protected under law?  But I know, logic has no place here :-)

Brian is one to talk about Meg's friends being annoying. Has he looked in the mirror, of course not. He's so fucking annoying, his second death can't come fast enough and if it does happen, Stewie's time machine should refuse to take him back in time. Glad Meg stopped him. Stewie needs to bring out the baseball bat, golf club, glass of orange juice, gun, flame thrower, and towel rack and use it on Brian again. 

Just laughed at Stewie telling Lois that there isn't one word about her in Peter's memoirs. I wish I could laugh at Mr. Herbert but he just doesn't amuse me, the only time he made me laugh was when he left Chris all those voice mail messages. Herbert just makes me cringe.

Joe as the clown replying to Peter's facebook pic was funny too. Almost as funny as Joyce and Seamus' facebook posts were when they did it on previous episodes.

While it wasn't a complete scam with Nigeria as they used the money to better their country (a Redbox with 1 dvd being Baby Geniuses), but I see why Carter was upset about it. 

• Love 1

Especially considering one of the actors on the show started out as a child actor and has had a pretty successful personal and professional life.

Well, at least they finally remembered that Lois plays the piano. 

I hate it when I start thinking logically but technically, wouldn't Lois and Peter have limited access to Stewie's money?  Isn't it protected under law?  But I know, logic has no place here :-)

I think what infuriates me about that anti child acting message the most is the fact that millions upon millions of kids across the world would give their left arm to be able just to have a CHANCE of being a child actor and most will go to their graves never having been able to, yet this episode looks down upon that dream as hopeless and self destructive.

Sad thing is though is that it's not the child that makes it destructive, it's the parent(s) that make it that way because they get a taste of the lifestyle and lose control. They pressure the child to do all the work while they spend the money. Also a shame that not all 50 states protect child actors. Even though there are child actors who have been successful without going wild like Elijah Wood, John & Joan Cusack, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Fred Savage (who I absolutely adore), Leonardo DiCaprio, Christina Applegate, Neil Patrick Harris, etc. 

Elijah said his mother stayed on him and told him that he's not gonna be treated any differently and he's not going to develop an ego and think he can do whatever he wants just because he's on tv. All child actors need someone like that, a parent who will stand firm and not let their child get out of control and a parent who doesn't fall into the Hollywood lifestyle.

Edited by ShadowSixx

Stewie trying to write a song and going through the chords on his guitar:

Stewie:(sings) You got your G chord right here

It's like your cozy house where you live

That's where you start your journey

Here I am in my house nice and cozy

Then you poke your head out the door with a C chord

Everything looks okay out here

Maybe I'll take a walk outside to the D chord

Oh walking around outside...look at all the stuff out here!

And then we go to an A minor

Getting a little cloudy out here

Looking like we might have some weather

Then we go to E minor

Oh definitely got some weather

Things are a little more complicated than they seemed at first

And then we go back to my house!

Brian (spoken): You sound like an unbelievable douche.

Stewie:(sings angrily) Then Brian comes in and I change up the tempo

Brian comes in and he changes the song

Looking at me like he thinks I'm a douchebag

But he's gonna learn pretty fast that he's wrong

Hey Brian, why are you bringing me down, man?

Why are you bringing me down?

DON'T BRING ME DOWN!

(Spoken): Music and lyrics by Stewie Griffin.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3

Jillian's Friend: Gloss rhymes with hair.

Stewie: Brian, there's no more graham crackers.

Brian: There in the cabinet.

Stewie: I don't see them.

Brian: There right in front of you. Which cabinet are you looking at?

Stewie: Can't you just come in here?

Brian: No, I'm busy.

(Stewie knocks things off counter)

Stewie: Oh no! Oh no, Brian! Oh no, oh no, Oh Brian we need paper towels! Oh, oh it's going under the fridge, oh!

Brian: Just use a dish towel.

Stewie: There aren't any Brian, you need to come in here. Oh we're going to have ants!

Lois: Oh my god, is that a fucking rat?! Peter, hold it down, I'm getting the gun!

That seems to be the common denominator with successfully transitioning child stars. You can add Natalie Portman and Claire Danes to that list too. Whereas look at the parents of Macaulay Culkin or Lindsay Lohan...

If you look it up, Mara Wilson (of Miracle on 34th Street remake and Matilda fame) wrote a great essay on this topic.