Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E00: Ask the Moms

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

How is Brieana any different than these yahoos currently on the show? She should get rewarded for getting knocked up by another loser? 

I'm really hoping TM2 gets cancelled BEFORE Brianna gets the chance to get that type of salary the other girls receive. She planned that knock up to get on the show to become rich and I want it to backfire leaving her with an 18 year reminder of her dumbass decisions. 

I just hope she won't place any resentment towards the new baby. I think I read somewhere that she's only getting 20k? (Correct me if I'm wrong) which is LESS than what she brought home working at chipotle - not worth getting pregnant with a cheating dude from the club that you've known for thirty days. SMH.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

With sour cream? 

I had one the other night with guacamole and pico de gallo. That should be around ten points. 

Do people eat them without!? I'm a pretty picky eater, so minute are just chicken/cheese/sour cream... and maybe beans. I don't like there to be anything crunchy (onions in pico) when I'm eating something soft

• Love 5

Does she expect people to come up to her and ask about those lame T-shirts with the stupid pockets?

I wouldn't ask about the pocket shirt!...but I WOULD ask about the pocketless khaki colored one that Matt is always sporting, because you know...if it's good enough for Matt...sorry, can't even finish this sarcastic comment. 

• Love 10

It was hilarious when Nessa had the question about if they'd been out of the country. Wasn't Maci the only one to answer? We know Amber can't go anywhere because of her IRS issues and Cate's too lazy to get off the couch and go apply for a passport. Where were their tough comments then? Hey Cate, "international, where? " Hey Amber, bad ass boss bitches can leave the US. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Maci hates when people ask her about Ryan, but all she's done every week since season 1 is talk about Ryan, Ryan, and Ryan.  Does she expect people to come up to her and ask about those lame T-shirts with the stupid pockets?

I'd go up to her and ask her about her drinking while pregnant and tell her what I really think of her. No shame.

For a moment there, it looked as if MTV was trying to bring back the old talk show style of Phil Donahue and Geraldo where the host would go to the audience and they would ask the questions of the guests. I remember how the audiences didn't always hold back when asking questions. Is MTV testing the waters? Get rid of Nessa and get someone who is hard-nosed to go out in the audience. Girls, answer the question, don't curse out the audience and we will give you a bonus of $10k.

• Love 8
On 7/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, Marisagf said:

Amber and Catelynn are truly dumb people.  I really hate to say that, but they are so uneducated and lacking any smarts or common sense.   At least Maci can sit quietly and not pipe in and talk over someone.  She is very measured and she knows when to clam up.  I think she is a fairly cold person.   But at least she has a little more self-awareness than the other two.  Just the fact that she recognizes how much of an asshole she is on the show compared to what she thought she was in her head shows that she not as stupid as her co-stars.  

Catelynn and Amber are incredibly immature.  

The one thing that really struck me was Matt's reactions to watching himself on the show bad-mouthing Amber's brother and telling Kerthy to blow anyone to get the footage canned.  Amber was clearly pissed and I saw Cate's eyes go wide.  Tyler, Taylor, and Maci looked uncomfortable, from what I can remember.  But Matt had a quick explanation for everything.  "Creative editing."   I can't remember what other excuses he used, but he was super creepy.  He sat there with other people watching him be a complete douchebag, and had the easy answer to defend himself.  Amber should have kicked him out right then and there.  That was such a weird scene, but interesting!

In reference to the bolded part, did they air that on this Ask the Moms special? I didn't watch the entire special. I do have it on my DVR.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

In reference to the bolded part, did they air that on this Ask the Moms special? I didn't watch the entire special. I do have it on my DVR.

They did air them all watching those clips together.  I often wonder how these fools react when they watch the show, so it was nice to get a glimpse. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, eskimo said:

They did air them all watching those clips together.  I often wonder how these fools react when they watch the show, so it was nice to get a glimpse. 

They all looked as if they just really want to ream Matt a new asshole, and then they want to grab Amber and ask her why is she putting up with his shit. Even Tyler looked as if he was holding back from saying something. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

They all looked as if they just really want to ream Matt a new asshole, and then they want to grab Amber and ask her why is she putting up with his shit. Even Tyler looked as if he was holding back from saying something. 

I can't believe Amber stayed seated during that. I kept expecting it any minute, but there she sat.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I can't believe Amber stayed seated during that. I kept expecting it any minute, but there she sat.

I think she was mellowed out from the pillses. 

I couldn't believe she sat there and said to Matt, "Don't you ever talk about my brother like that ever again." Um. No. You shouldn't be telling him not to speak like that ever again in the future because your ass should not be thinking about being with him at all after that. Amber is so fucking stupid. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

How about when Amber said, "You're lucky that Shaun doesn't shoot you in the face. You know how crazy he is." Geez, that'll be awesome if Shaun ever needs a job reference.

Amber makes then out to be some sort of brother/sister serial killer team with all the talk about how bad-ass and crazy they are. A real bad-ass chick wouldn't be caught dead with a middle-aged, unattractive, pudgy con man who has zero game to anyone with brain cells. 

I totally agree. I'm over the self-proclaimed bad ass chic this girl is toting. Okay, yes, she did beat up a man that was built like a linebacker and proceeded to knock him down a couple stairs and she went to prison but she nearly misses on every swing, she was just lucky Gary was large enough to give her extra real estate to punch at.

I'm sure Shaun doesn't want her telling people he can snap and shoot someone for calling him a F@$&$T. Any job he aims for is going to want someone that has self-control.

I can't stand how everyone is so afraid of Amber. Maci, Catelynn and Nessa are too afraid to say anything to upset bad ass Ambah.

Matt just laughs at her. I don't like Matt but he sees through her bad ass persona. He'll be like "Bitch, you sleep in bed all day and hardly exert any energy except putting on makeup to Snapchat how are you going to beat someone's ass?"

Amber has ZERO muscle tone and I'm not trying to body shame her but don't you have to have a bit of agility to be tough?

• Love 13
5 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

A real bad-ass chick wouldn't be caught dead with a middle-aged, unattractive, pudgy con man who has zero game to anyone with brain cells. 

Someone PLEASE tweet this to Amber.  I don't tweet and don't want to learn.

• Love 10

If "badass bitch" means setting the women's movement back to before we could vote, then yes! They are all badass bitches! They're so inspiring I think I might go burn my bra...or my waist trainer that I got for 20% off by using the code "Maci20" at checkout!

• Love 18

Yeah, nothing wrong with being an actual badass, but they seem to think that means being a mom to 3 kids from different fathers? Or beating people up who disagree with them? I would consider a "badass" someone who completed an advanced degree while raising kids or working full-time. Or a female firefighter/teacher/attorney/social worker/human rights advocate/marathoner/caregiver for a sick family member or something.

• Love 13
(edited)

"Sometimes, I just...it doesn't matter to me to make sense, you know what I'm saying? I have other things to do."

...no, I don't really know what you're saying...but...I love it. Much eloquent. Farrah for president. 

#TooBusyToMakeSense

I'm definitely using that in the future. 

EDIT: Also, I admit I haven't read the thread yet, I'm about to, but I hope someone else feels like Amber's tears for Ryan were so forced and fake? It was like she was working herself up on purpose, imo. She was trying to make a little scene for herself. I felt like Catelynn's were real, however.  Amber is a trash bag...shut the fuck up yourself. I don't believe she's clean or sober.

...if that didn't make sense it's because I'm just too busy to care!   =D

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, nothing wrong with being an actual badass, but they seem to think that means being a mom to 3 kids from different fathers? Or beating people up who disagree with them? I would consider a "badass" someone who completed an advanced degree while raising kids or working full-time. Or a female firefighter/teacher/attorney/social worker/human rights advocate/marathoner/caregiver for a sick family member or something.

The only badass on this series is Barbara Evans. That badass kicks ass. 

• Love 11

I think they've been called bad (parents, partners, people) and asses so many times that they just decided that meant they were "badasses" instead of "bad asses" - tee hee.

• Love 9
On 7/11/2017 at 9:07 PM, poopchute said:

Question about Cate's "paralytic" panic attacks.  We saw her having a "panic attack" where she fled to a vehicle and sat on some rocks, right? And she wanted a horse so when she was having a "panic attack" she could ride the horse.  But she says when she has panic attacks she can't "move or function" so how could she be on a horse and how was she walking normally into a car? Please advise.

If  she's really working with a therapist, it sounds like dialectical behavior therapy to me. One of the tenets of DBT is distress tolerance, which often includes taking opposite action. So if her attacks start with panicking and overanalyzing things in her head and then physical paralysis, changing focus and surroundings would be the best course of action to head things off. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

There is no way Catelynn is involved with DBT. I can't imagine her bothering with a diary card. 

Exactly. 

She can't even bother to count Weight Watchers points. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, CofCinci said:

There is no way Catelynn is involved with DBT. I can't imagine her bothering with a diary card. 

The list of distractions would overwhelm her. I've been in therapy for a good 10 yr chunk of my adult life, and I actually did dbt for about a year, but it's pretty intense... I can't imagine that she would keep up with the little things, like you mentioned the diary card... could you imagine being in group with her picking her face when the attention wasn't on her.

• Love 3

Amber uses her borderline personality disorder diagnosis to be a huge, aggressive bitch to everyone. Farrah got away with it, and we all know how Amber is trying to follow in Farrah's footsteps. First the house flipping, then the online boutique, and recently an interview with Vivid. All three are jealous of Farrah's success and the same time they criticize it because it comes from being a sex worker. Amber used to be cool with Farrah and just accepted her for who she is. That changed on a dime when Simon called Matt a pedophile and Matt turned it onto Farrah and convinced Amber that Farrah was the problem. All because she spoke honestly and as a friend to Amber over the Matt texting her and Jenelle first, and he can't have someone speaking sense to Amber.

Then Amber's bad behavior turned worse after she said that she had be "re"diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and didn't hold back and let her asshole flag fly. She sees it as a pass to be nasty, like when Kail hit Javi, got diagnosed bipolar and kept warning him to get away from her because he knew her bipolar would make her flip out on him. Their just trash. Amber probably enjoyed cursing that viewer. I'm sure she did it with love. Did I mention she's an asshole? Well, she is.

• Love 7

Do they know that those are far from uncommon diagnoses? I'm not trying to be insensitive to the realities of mental illness but it's not like 3 people in the world have BPD or bipolar disorder. Bipolar I and II are extremely common and BPD is a fairly common diagnosis among women abused in childhood. They are manageable disorders and everyone who has them definitely *does not act like Amber or Kail.* It's like they heard the word from one doctor and now they just get to say that's why they're being fucked up to everyone forever...sort of does a disservice to people who actually have it and are trying to stabilize and better themselves, hmm? (I have depression and I'm pretty bitter towards Catelynn, for example). 

• Love 6