Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jel said:

Aww clearance. Poor Lu. 

That's...I'll go with hideous, and near criminal with those shoes. 

Kind of like how I felt the first and only time I tasted Skinnygirl. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I love the Bravo couch show and would love to see a loving couple like the women couple there.

i wish they will bring back the show but apparently the rating sucked.

Loved the People's Couch.  I don't know what women couple you're referring to. 

6 hours ago, Wendy said:

Is any of the RHNY selling anything right now? I mean you can easily find SG products about anywhere. I see them at my supermarket all the time and we know Bethenny is the producer of one show and working on another one with Frederick, enough to keep her busy.  What about the other RHNY ladies? 

Is Ramona still selling overstock merchandise, how about her true renewal facial cremes? I know the pinot grigio is no longer available so that probably flopped. What is Ramona doing these days besides RHNY? 

Luann, her clothes collection doesn't seem to be doing okay, but if she still working on it? necklaces? songs? Anything besides RHNY? She used to constantly advertise her products but so far I have only noticed her necklaces. 

Tinsley's handbags? are they still a viable business? what else is she working on right now? 

Carole, she used to be dedicated to writing but that seems to have died a natural death, besides her political opinions and training for the NY marathon, is she working on something right now? 

Dorinda has some products with her catchy phrases, is that successful? Anything else she is doing? 

Sonja, is any of her ideas on production right now? I saw an ad for a Tipsy girl party but no mention of SM, is she still associated with that product? 

Does anybody have some information about these ladies products? 

Interesting that where you are you can buy SG products anywhere.  I have three supermarkets that I go to ... depending.  Two of them don't carry SG.  The third did sell some of her stuff but then a while ago, just about everything went on sale.  Even got an end of aisle display.  And then all was gone.  I'm talking about big chains here. 

Also, even in the liquor stores SG got end of aisle in the beginning.  Now it's on the shelf with all the other RTD products on the 'third aisle on the right".  I've never seen her wine or vodka.  I guess mileage varies.  Yeah, Beth has been the most successful of all the housewives.  A hundred million dollars successful?  No but successful none the less.  Now she just makes branding agreements and the companies just see what sticks.  Don't get me wrong.  Good for her but I think she's getting to the end of running her course.

Ro basically retired but she did have a successful business before she joined the show.  I think you can probably buy her lotions and wine on line.  Maybe not.

I think Lu's clothing line is doing fine and she supposedly is coming out with linens or something else (I can't remember) in the fall.

Tinsley still has a handbag line as far as I know.  It's popular in Japan.  She also wrote a book a few years back.  Fiction.  Southern Charm?

I don't know what is going on with Carole or her writing career.  I still give her full credit as a news producer at ABC.

Dorinda really doesn't have to do anything but she does sell stuff with RH classic lines like I made it nice, etc.  She did have a business in London for a number of years.  I think she's quite well off (ok. It's relative) from her marriage to Richard.

I don't think So has anything.  Never had.  Except being married to a Morgan.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 8

As for having money, its proof you can't buy happiness, she's usually a miserable little thing...blech!

Her social media, pics while traveling, posing with other celebrities, etc, all seem to show she is having a good time and enjoying most aspects of her life.

People should be ashamed of themselves about  talking about someone being gay in a pejorative sense..  The guy is not gay and people who give it a first or even second thought need to ask themselves why they would go there.   

Or using it to somehow discredit the fact that a HW they can't stand was dating him...

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The woman with the long wavy hair and the woman with the short hair? lol I forgot their names but I loved them, and I think they were just besties.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Her social media, pics while traveling, posing with other celebrities, etc, all seem to show she is having a good time and enjoying most aspects of her life.

Or using it to somehow discredit the fact that a HW they can't stand was dating him...

I just don't think, despite all the selfies, she's all that happy.

1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

The woman with the long wavy hair and the woman with the short hair? lol I forgot their names but I loved them, and I think they were just besties.

Ok.  I'm thinking Sherry?  Not quite  sure but I really liked them.  The really pretty one was married but then she ended that.  I'm not quite sure.  Loved the freaken dogs.  The one stealing the chip? Priceless.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What is saw was all the women encouraging her to do it. They were laughing, obnoxious and loud and relentless about it, especially Bethenny, she started it. Sonja looked embarrassed and kind of backed in to a corner to do it. The whole damn thing was awkward as hell. 

I can't stand Sonia the last few seasons, and think it's sexual harassment, but this,  plus it looked like a very obvious stage kiss,  where you cover your face and pretend to kiss. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Hmm. I was under the impression that any topic was okay for discussion here. Is Carole some sacred cow that her habits can't be picked over like Bethenney or Ramona are? There were pages and pages about Jules eating habits last year. Why the eyeroll?

What? Of course you can discuss her eating habits. And, I can eyeroll and call it ridiculous. 

Are you under the impression that somehow disagreement means you can't post an opinion? 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Dang, I thought that they were together all along!

here are the two women.

IMG_0281.PNG

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Wicked said:

Very sad about Nelsan Ellis, I loved him as Lafayette.  I believe he was straight.  (Nelsan is straight, clearly not Lafayette)

Yes sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the character. 

7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

George Clooney addresses gay rumors:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/george-clooney-gay_n_4420789.html  Class act.   People should be ashamed of themselves about  talking about someone being gay in a pejorative sense..  The guy is not gay and people who give it a first or even second thought need to ask themselves why they would go there.   

Sorry, I feel absolutely shameless in that matter. It is not that deep and I don't view gay, straight, bi or any other designations as anything pejorative.

It is harmless banter, imo.

would you be hurt if someone said something of the sort about yourself?

I doubt that George cares either ways, he knows who he is.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

George Clooney addresses gay rumors:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/george-clooney-gay_n_4420789.html  Class act.   People should be ashamed of themselves about  talking about someone being gay in a pejorative sense..  The guy is not gay and people who give it a first or even second thought need to ask themselves why they would go there.   

The interesting thing is that I believe the "George is Gay" rumor got kicked off around here by someone who thought it minimized the fact that Carole slept with him. I wonder if all of those people - some of which are almost desperate to find a reason, any reason, why she Carole simply could not have slept with a handsome, smart, heterosexual man - are asking themselves why they would go there as you suggest they should. 

7 hours ago, BBHN said:

Oh, you beat me to it!

• Love 11
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Interesting that where you are you can buy SG products anywhere.  I have three supermarkets that I go to ... depending.  Two of them don't carry SG.  The third did sell some of her stuff but then a while ago, just about everything went on sale.  Even got an end of aisle display.  And then all was gone.  I'm talking about big chains here. 

Also, even in the liquor stores SG got end of aisle in the beginning.  Now it's on the shelf with all the other RTD products on the 'third aisle on the right".  I've never seen her wine or vodka.  I guess mileage varies.  Yeah, Beth has been the most successful of all the housewives.  A hundred million dollars successful?  No but successful none the less.  Now she just makes branding agreements and the companies just see what sticks.  Don't get me wrong.  Good for her but I think she's getting to the end of running her course.

Ro basically retired but she did have a successful business before she joined the show.  I think you can probably buy her lotions and wine on line.  Maybe not.

I think Lu's clothing line is doing fine and she supposedly is coming out with linens or something else (I can't remember) in the fall.

Tinsley still has a handbag line as far as I know.  It's popular in Japan.  She also wrote a book a few years back.  Fiction.  Southern Charm?

I don't know what is going on with Carole or her writing career.  I still give her full credit as a news producer at ABC.

Dorinda really doesn't have to do anything but she does sell stuff with RH classic lines like I made it nice, etc.  She did have a business in London for a number of years.  I think she's quite well off (ok. It's relative) from her marriage to Richard.

I don't think So has anything.  Never had.  Except being married to a Morgan.

Yeap, I found her products at my local Walmart, Redners and if I travel 20 minutes North they also have it at Targets. 

Matter of fact I bought her stevia sweetener a few days ago. Target carried her popcorn and chocolate. I have tried the popcorn, I have yet to try the chocolate. 

I went this weekend to the liquor store to buy some white wine and they had SGC there, this store is about 5 minutes from my house. 

Maybe it is because I live on the East Coast and her products are more available here than in other parts of the country, but yes, her products are fairly easy to find where I live. 

Ramona, her facial cremes seemed good but never bought one, her Pinot Grigio, there is no way to order one, her own website says out of production. 

IMO Luann needs to focus her energy on her necklaces, not y taste but I can see how there could be a market for it. Her fashion collection needs a revamp. I am all for affordable but they also have to look good and have good structure. She is usually well put together so she could be her best model but she definitely needs to put money and invest in quality. 

Tinsley, I want her to be as successful as she possibly can. I hope this show is not hurting her potential market. I want her to feel accomplish and realize that having a rich man is not her only pathway to happiness. I see potential in her, she just has to put the work ethic needed to succeed.

Carole, she seems happy doing about as little as she can, she doesn't look desperate for a husband, wants to kids so I figure she can sit and do nothing as long as she has the money to afford it. I wish she would write another book of the same quality of her best seller. I can only wish I had the gift or writing, she had it but doesn't feel inclined to use it, that IMO is a waste but it is her life. Written words can be such a powerful tool. 

I did check Dorinda's site, her products are cute but way overpriced, I like her a lot but would never pay that much for any product she is selling. She probably needs to get in contact with someone who makes those products more affordable. It would be a good business move, she is very popular and would be a hit. I wish her the best.

I feel bad for Sonja, she has been a fool who has trusted the wrong people, nobody else to blame but herself, she thought these deals would pour money for her with little effort and they all backfired on her.

At the end, I wish every one of them a great financial success, it makes me happy seeing women being successful and financially independent. May they all find a product/s that makes them lot of money and makes them feel accomplished. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, BBHN said:

There you go using logic and reason again. You probably also believe that the SG thing is not a total ruse and she actually has products available for purchase?

• Love 11
20 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Many of my friends assure me that he likes men.

I can't decide if it is a case of too cute to be straight or if he actually is bi or straight.

How would your friends know?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I just don't think, despite all the selfies, she's all that happy.

I agree. Bethenny or her social media manager can post whatever pictures they want to control her image but she's truly one of the most miserable people around. 

There have been rumors about Clooney being gay for years. It's not something that was made up by so called Carole haters on this board. You can go to any celebrity gossip site and read up on it. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, charming said:

I agree. Bethenny or her social media manager can post whatever pictures they want to control her image but she's truly one of the most miserable people around. 

There have been rumors about Clooney being gay for years. It's not something that was made up by so called Carole haters on this board. You can go to any celebrity gossip site and read up on it. 

Exactly-- rumors.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The interesting thing is that I believe the "George is Gay" rumor got kicked off around here by someone who thought it minimized the fact that Carole slept with him. I wonder if all of those people - some of which are almost desperate to find a reason, any reason, why she Carole simply could not have slept with a handsome, smart, heterosexual man - are asking themselves why they would go there as you suggest they should. 

Responded on Carole's thread, mcm.

25 minutes ago, charming said:

Bethenny or her social media manager can post whatever pictures they want to control her image but she's truly one of the most miserable people around. 

I agree.  All the money in the world, vacations, TV shows and smiley social media pictures don't make up for being raised by wolves and her many, many failed relationships.  I can believe she has fun and who wouldn't love an endless supply of money?  But I think the unhappiness runs deep in this one.

Who here, doesn't know someone on social media who posts the happy, happy things but we know is truly a tortured soul? 

That said, I'd totally wear her ski outfit and give her props for her snowboarding skills.  You have to be super fit and coordinated to do that.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 11:33 AM, Jel said:

Gah, that dress is so Sears' Traditions Collection.

The statement necklace I never get -- what is the statement? I'm a huge fan of plastic?  I am hiding a goiter? 

The first few years Luann was on, her statement necklaces got bigger and bigger with each episode.

There was one made of piano keys and another that looked like she mugged a great white shark

There was debate on what would be next, my 3 votes were Flava Flav's Time Clock, Hub Caps or a Dream Catcher

Speaking of new business ventures: Luanne under her "Countess" brand tried to launch Bedding in September 2016 - she used the publicity of her then engagement to promote it - there were 3 sets (Hopeless Romantic, Hamptons Chic and Urban Traveler) They bombed - you won't be able to find it.

The Countess line on Evine is not doing so well (she has 7 articles of clothing to her collection) Since you didn't like the other jumpsuit, how about this one for $9.99?

722-276&$472x472_jpg$

Maybe Luann made her comment about the SKG Snowboard on the ski lift out of jealousy

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 10

There was debate on what would be next, my 3 votes were Flava Flav's Time Clock, Hub Caps or a Dream Catcher

I know what I would vote for. Luann + Flava Flav's Time Clock.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The Countess line on Evine is not doing so well (she has 7 articles of clothing to her collection) Since you didn't like the other jumpsuit, how about this one for $9.99?

722-276&$472x472_jpg$

Maybe Luann made her comment about the SKG Snowboard on the ski lift out of jealousy

So she's designing for nursing moms now...?

• Love 13

I cannot blame Bethenny for using logo'd ski swag, if you don't promote your company who will?  

Ramona decided to treat the instructor like a personal assistant, typical but I bet production told him to hang out with her.  If she arranged that dinner at Chateau Legeaux with a chef she met on the slopes why wouldn't she have mentioned it while she sat barefoot in the ski lodge?  They certainly did not film the "meeting the chef," just Ramona bitching about Tinsley skiing too close.  

Dorinda making comments about Tinsley drinking (day or night) is the pot calling the kettle black.

I had posted my new drinking game was every time Luanne used the word married I would take a shot...I am looking in the rates at Betty Ford. That woman is making sure nobody forgets she is married and I understand Dorinda's frustrations however getting on Luanne for a facial expression while someone is ranting on about you is unfair, I would have done the same thing, I read Lu's smile as a level of discomfort and her trying to be polite and let Dorinda finish her rant.

I know it will never happen but if I ever get a dinner invite from any of these ladies please remind me to politely decline, I don't want to talk about anal sex and I certainly do not want to hear what Dorinda thinks about it, I never realized how narrow minded she was. Not calling her a prude but if she is not in to it fine but to tell everyone it's not natural for a man and woman to do that way sounds a little judgey.

Who was Jason stalking? Was it Bethenny?

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Why does it matter what his sexuality is?  If he is bisexual, it doesn't mean that every female he dates is a beard. It just means he is fluid and is attracted to a personality more than a gender (which is a social construct).  

I'm not one for outing of someone not ready to be outted.  And it's no one's business whom you fuck, provided they are consenting adults.  But I think the feeling is  if he *is* bisexual, he must think it is shameful as he's only open with his relationship with women but not with men.  We always knew the women he was dating.  If he was dating a man, we don't know about it.   I think this is why people care about sexuality of celebrities.  Because if you aren't open about it it implies there is something shameful about it.   And that's a bad message to send to teenagers particularly if it's obvious they are hiding it.  For example, Queen Latifah is most likely gay.  She retreats to not a position of "I don't talk about my private life."  She could be a powerful examples to young black teens who are afraid to come out.  Instead, she won't address it. Yet on her talk show, she'd always ask others about their mates, their loves.  I don't think a star needs to come out and say, "I'm gay."  But they can take their signficant others out in public and not pretend they are their "personal trainers."  We don't live in the Rock Hudson era anymore.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot blame Bethenny for using logo'd ski swag, if you don't promote your company who will?  

Ramona decided to treat the instructor like a personal assistant, typical but I bet production told him to hang out with her.  If she arranged that dinner at Chateau Legeaux with a chef she met on the slopes why wouldn't she have mentioned it while she sat barefoot in the ski lodge?  They certainly did not film the "meeting the chef," just Ramona bitching about Tinsley skiing too close.  

Dorinda making comments about Tinsley drinking (day or night) is the pot calling the kettle black.

I had posted my new drinking game was every time Luanne used the word married I would take a shot...I am looking in the rates at Betty Ford. That woman is making sure nobody forgets she is married and I understand Dorinda's frustrations however getting on Luanne for a facial expression while someone is ranting on about you is unfair, I would have done the same thing, I read Lu's smile as a level of discomfort and her trying to be polite and let Dorinda finish her rant.

I know it will never happen but if I ever get a dinner invite from any of these ladies please remind me to politely decline, I don't want to talk about anal sex and I certainly do not want to hear what Dorinda thinks about it, I never realized how narrow minded she was. Not calling her a prude but if she is not in to it fine but to tell everyone it's not natural for a man and woman to do that way sounds a little judgey.

The good news-is Betty Ford has a payment plan.  ;-D

So far Luann cannot do anything right.  She didn't invite her haters to the wedding, it took up too much of Dorinda's time and she was scornful of being a 50 year old bridesmaid.  When Luann is happy she is suppose to shut up.  When she leaves a conversation she finds offensive she is wrong. When she sets boundaries of what is acceptable as to comments on her relationship and what she and Tom request she is wrong to oppress Sonja. When she shuts up and gets chewed out by Dorinda she is not suppose to have an expression and Dorinda calls her imperialistic.  Most of all what I learned from Dorinda is married people are suppose to say silent about being married so as not to offend anyone.  Dorinda might want to listen to her own advice and just stop talking.  I don't think Dorinda possess either patience or listening skills.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

The good news-is Betty Ford has a payment plan.  ;-D

So far Luann cannot do anything right.  She didn't invite her haters to the wedding, it took up too much of Dorinda's time and she was scornful of being a 50 year old bridesmaid.  When Luann is happy she is suppose to shut up.  When she leaves a conversation she finds offensive she is wrong. When she sets boundaries of what is acceptable as to comments on her relationship and what she and Tom request she is wrong to oppress Sonja. When she shuts up and gets chewed out by Dorinda she is not suppose to have an expression and Dorinda calls her imperialistic.  Most of all what I learned from Dorinda is married people are suppose to say silent about being married so as not to offend anyone.  Dorinda might want to listen to her own advice and just stop talking.  I don't think Dorinda possess either patience or listening skills.

I will send you all a post card from BF Clinic, lol.

You are right, Luanne can not win and Dorinda is coming off jealous and spiteful which is a shame because I kind of liked her for her normalcy factor.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had thought of doing the same thing,...Let me know when we leave, I'll meet you at BWI. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

4 hours ago, Wendy said:

Yeap, I found her products at my local Walmart, Redners and if I travel 20 minutes North they also have it at Targets. 

Matter of fact I bought her stevia sweetener a few days ago. Target carried her popcorn and chocolate. I have tried the popcorn, I have yet to try the chocolate. 

I went this weekend to the liquor store to buy some white wine and they had SGC there, this store is about 5 minutes from my house. 

Maybe it is because I live on the East Coast and her products are more available here than in other parts of the country, but yes, her products are fairly easy to find where I live. 

Ramona, her facial cremes seemed good but never bought one, her Pinot Grigio, there is no way to order one, her own website says out of production. 

IMO Luann needs to focus her energy on her necklaces, not my taste but I can see how there could be a market for it. Her fashion collection needs a revamp. I am all for affordable but they also have to look good and have good structure. She is usually well put together so she could be her best model but she definitely needs to put money and invest in quality. 

I feel bad for Sonja, she has been a fool who has trusted the wrong people, nobody else to blame but herself, she thought these deals would pour money for her with little effort and they all backfired on her.

At the end, I wish every one of them a great financial success, it makes me happy seeing women being successful and financially independent. May they all find a product/s that makes them lot of money and makes them feel accomplished. 

I live in Texas and you can find the SkinnySwill almost everywhere. If you can't find it where you live it's probably for one of these two reasons: the market you live in is too small to make it cost efficient to ship, stock, or sell it or your stores tested it for a while, the merchandise took forever to sell, and retailers decided not to restock it. If they sold well enough, they'd still be on the shelves in your neighborhood stores. I can still find blk water at a couple of stores near me.

Bethenny mostly does licensing agreements now, but it worked for Donald Trump, who largely stopped using his own cash to develop projects in the mid to late 90s. Sonja does branding and licensing agreements too, but her name and reputation are so shitty that she only gets sketchy bullshit opportunities. Notice that the Tipsy Girl folks went to Ramona first and then Sonja.

It's an interesting exercise to watch earlier seasons. Sonja seemed sweeter and less delusional. Hilariously, she said that she wanted to write a thinly veiled sudsy novel about NY high society. I had forgotten about that because ever since she started on her toaster oven nonsense I've bitched at least once a season that she should be "writing" a novel.

Sonja's problem isn't that she's been a fool who has trusted the wrong people. Sonja is an unrepentant narcissist who can barely conceal her naked greed, snobbery, and fundamentally manipulative nature. That she's come off as sweet in earlier seasons shows just how badly off she was, she has just enough self-preservation to not alienate everyone in her life until she got the bankruptcy sorted. She is a gold digger and a grifter. Read up about her movie lawsuit.

LuAnn has ok style. She's decently put together, but I don't know that I've ever seen her look stunning or sickening. If I were to buy clothing from the imaginary line of a New York housewife whose style I liked, it would be Kristen, Carole, Sonja, Aviva, and Bethenny in that order. LuAnn would never be in my top 5. My all time favorite was Cynthia Bailey's style and wardrobe during the RHOA season 4 trip to South Africa. I was gagging. If she turned every one of those pieces into a collection, I would just buy it all.

However, LuAnn's collection is hideous. She should stick to statement jewelry. I love a statement necklace. Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules had a collection with Bauble Bar.

10 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I certainly do not want to hear what Dorinda thinks about it. I never realized how narrow minded she was. Not calling her a prude but if she is not in to it fine but to tell everyone it's not natural for a man and woman to do that way sounds a little judgey.

Dorinda is very narrow-minded and prone to gross stereotyping. It's the reason that she assumed that a Black man walking through a restaurant worked there. It's the reason she assumed that a man in a wheelchair holding a coffee cup must be panhandling. It's why she speaks so dismissively about John living in Queens. She's sort of a snob. She gets off talking about how far she's climbed from where she started, but at the same time she doesn't want anyone to think she's anything less than sophisticated or the blue collar girl she started off as.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I always thought it was a clever non-denial.  If you aren't gay, you could easily say, "I'm not gay.  And if I was, I wouldn't hide it because there is nothing wrong with it."  Perhaps questioning sexuality is the insult?  I'm trying to figure out how answering the question insults that gay community.  

I think the rumor mill runs strong from the gay community.  There are many gay sites that question his sexuality constantly.  Rumors like this aren't always started by hetereos.  Sometimes they have their beginnings from stories and speculation within the gay community.  I'm on a celebrity blogging site and the gay blogger constantly refers to him as being gay.   

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I live in Texas and you can find the SkinnySwill almost everywhere. If you can't find it where you live it's probably for one of these two reasons: the market you live in is too small to make it cost efficient to ship, stock, or sell it or your stores tested it for a while, the merchandise took forever to sell, and retailers decided not to restock it. If they sold well enough, they'd still be on the shelves in your neighborhood stores. I can still find blk water at a couple of stores near me.

Bethenny mostly does licensing agreements now, but it worked for Donald Trump, who largely stopped using his own cash to develop projects in the mid to late 90s. Sonja does branding and licensing agreements too, but her name and reputation are so shitty that she only gets sketchy bullshit opportunities. Notice that the Tipsy Girl folks went to Ramona first and then Sonja.

It's an interesting exercise to watch earlier seasons. Sonja seemed sweeter and less delusional. Hilariously, she said that she wanted to write a thinly veiled sudsy novel about NY high society. I had forgotten about that because ever since she started on her toaster oven nonsense I've bitched at least once a season that she should be "writing" a novel.

Sonja's problem isn't that she's been a fool who has trusted the wrong people. Sonja is an unrepentant narcissist who can barely conceal her naked greed, snobbery, and fundamentally manipulative nature. That she's come off as sweet in earlier seasons shows just how badly off she was, she has just enough self-preservation to not alienate everyone in her life until she got the bankruptcy sorted. She is a gold digger and a grifter. Read up about her movie lawsuit.

LuAnn has ok style. She's decently put together, but I don't know that I've ever seen her look stunning or sickening. If I were to buy clothing from the imaginary line of a New York housewife whose style I liked, it would be Kristen, Carole, Sonja, Aviva, and Bethenny in that order. LuAnn would never be in my top 5. My all time favorite was Cynthia Bailey's style and wardrobe during the RHOA season 4 trip to South Africa. I was gagging. If she turned every one of those pieces into a collection, I would just buy it all.

However, LuAnn's collection is hideous. She should stick to statement jewelry. I love a statement necklace. Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules had a collection with Bauble Bar.

Dorinda is very narrow-minded and prone to gross stereotyping. It's the reason that she assumed that a Black man walking through a restaurant worked there. It's the reason she assumed that a man in a wheelchair holding a coffee cup must be panhandling. It's why she speaks so dismissively about John living in Queens. She's sort of a snob. She gets off talking about how far she's climbed from where she started, but at the same time she doesn't want anyone to think she's anything less than sophisticated or the blue collar girl she started off as.

I'm on the East Coast in a large metropolitan area.  I think it just doesn't appeal in this area, especially the liquor products. 

Maybe Target and Walmart have them.  I never grocery shop in either of them. 

• Love 2
Just now, breezy424 said:

I'm on the East Coast in a large metropolitan area.  I think it just doesn't appeal in this area, especially the liquor products. 

Maybe Target and Walmart have them.  I never grocery shop in either of them. 

I'm East Coast. I've seen the product sporadically around here.  I once saw it in Costco, but it seemed to have made a quick exit.

• Love 1

Most of all what I learned from Dorinda is married people are suppose to say silent about being married so as not to offend anyone. 

I didn't get that message from her. The message I got was don't talk about it to the point where people can making a drinking game out of it...

Perhaps questioning sexuality is the insult?

It isn't an insult, it just isn't anybody's business.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I didn't get that message from her. The message I got was don't talk about it to the point where people can making a drinking game out of it...

It isn't an insult, it just isn't anybody's business.

Right.  But, but he's never hid his relationships with women.  So when the gay rumors come out and you don't deny it and instead act as though answering the question itself insults gay people, it doesn't really make sense to me.    Particularly when the rumors are being propagated largely by gay bloggers and gay message forums.

I personally don't care if he is or isn't.  But the fact remains there are still celebrities like John Travolta who go to great lengths to hide their sexuality as if there is something wrong with it.  And then they end up getting photographed or having lawsuits against them.  And STILL deny it.  Clooney's non-denial to me reads like someone who is aware he could very well end up a Travolta at some point and therefore can never be accused of lying.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Right.  But, but he's never hid any of the women he dated and never denied dating them or said, "nunya."  So when the gay rumors come out and you don't deny it and instead act as though answering the question itself insults gay people, it doesn't really make sense to me.    Particularly when the rumors are being propagated largely by gay bloggers and gay message forums.

I have to agree with this. 

I live in SoCal and, yes, the George is gay chatter has been around for years -- lots of it starting with film crews who'd see him in his not-on-camera mode. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Or maybe true, much as these one-time "rumors", which were along the lines of:  What A-list actor turned politico has a secret love child and is doing everything possible to keep it from his equally well known wife? and was later revealed to be Arnold S, to say nothing of What Spirit of 76 American hero who is married to a reality TV dynasty is increasingly spending time in women's clothing while he decides if he wants to make the big transition? And, yes, that was Bruce J.  

On another note: in 3 days, chat has evolved from hot dogs to George Clooney to George Clooney's hot dog. Ponder this, please.

• Love 9
(edited)

And we're on a message board talking about all things housewives related.  We aren't preventing him from living his life.

I know we are. And I never said we are or aren't.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, LadyK said:

As I read everyone’s comments, I realize that there are few posters with whom I disagree completely

There are few posters with whom I agree completely. 

Until LadyK came along.....What a great post! Keep posting!

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

I live in SoCal and, yes, the George is gay chatter has been around for years -- lots of it starting with film crews who'd see him in his not-on-camera mode. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Or maybe true, much as these one-time "rumors", which were along the lines of:  What A-list actor turned politico has a secret love child and is doing everything possible to keep it from his equally well known wife? and was later revealed to be Arnold S, to say nothing of What Spirit of 76 American hero who is married to a reality TV dynasty is increasingly spending time in women's clothing while he decides if he wants to make the big transition? And, yes, that was Bruce J.  

On another note: in 3 days, chat has evolved from hot dogs to George Clooney to George Clooney's hot dog. Ponder this, please.

Right.

Often the gay/bi rumors that follow a star throughout their careers aren't just rumors.  The gay rumors followed Whitney Houston years before her marriage to Bobby Brown.  After her death, the discussions came to life with her former partner being identified. Same thing with Travolta.    I believe the pressure of being in a religious family like Houston's is why she remained in the closet.f

And of course, sexuality is no one's business.  But it's really good for our LGBT youths to see a celebrity come out and embrace their sexuality.  Or at least not hide from it.  You don't have to come screaming out of the closet, but being photographed with your lover at a red carpet affair instead of your mother and identify your lover as your lover, not your personal trainer or chef.  Living openly doesn't mean you have to say, "I am homosexual."  I just don't quite get how when the rumors do persist and you are asked the question why the need to deflect. 

Anyway, enough beating my dead horse!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1

I just don't quite get how when the rumors do persist and you are asked the question why the need to deflect. 

Nobody's business?

I need more wine lol

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Nobody's business?

I need more wine lol

Edited:  NVM.  I'm being unnecessarily bitchy and beating dead horse.  I clearly need more wine BBHN!

Edited by sasha206

Queen Latifah says it's no one's business and called her rumored partner her "personal trainer" for years.  Then proceeded to ask celebrities about their mates during her talk show.

And the people on her talk show are allowed to answer her as they see fit.

there are still celebrities who are open about every other thing in their lives to promote movies yet retreat to "no one's business" when the subject may involve a reveal on their sexuality as if there's something to be ashamed about.

It's their life, they are free to be open about whatever aspects of their life they choose.

Do you get irritated when celebrities do come out of the closet?  Because you know it's nobody's business.  I'm assuming you must not celebrate this either. 

You would assume wrong. If someone comes out of the closet, that is their decision to do so. It's their life.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

And the people on her talk show are allowed to answer her as they see fit.

It's their life, they are free to be open about whatever aspects of their life they choose.

You would assume wrong. If someone comes out of the closet, that is their decision to do so. It's their life.

Again, I edited my stupid remarks out but was too late. I'm being way too bitchy on this so my apologies.

I love how nobody can make a remark about the rumors for years around gossip sites that Clooney is gay.

Didn't Bethenny and Carole call Tom gay because he was a bachelor with broken engagements? I mean, first he was a womanizer dating a slut whore gold digger. Then Tom was broke so the slut whore gold digger wasn't a very good gold digger. Plus his penthouse wasn't that great anyway. Then he was gay. And all their fans laughed and laughed at this exchange of the slut whore gold digger getting what she deserved by marrying a broke gay man womanizer that she needed to use a strap on with. But don't talk ever about Clooney! Weird.

• Love 9

I've heard the Clooney is gay rumors for years and never gave them any credence, I only said he was a jerk, I never once implied he was gay.  It's not right to use someone's sexuality as an insult which is why it was very low of Carole to repeat spread rumors about Tom. Was it to make Luann seem less desirable or more desperate? Was it to insult Tom? It certainly  wasn't to make him seem like a good guy with her: man of a certain age with failed engagements and some money. Very ,very horrible and nasty but I expect nothing less from Carole at this point. 

I mean if someone started saying that shit about Adam Carole would freak out even though 1/3 of millennials consider themselves bisexual. So out of the 3 men on the show, Tom, John and Adam, the one that is most likely bi/gay is Adam. I am not implying he is, just saying that odds are he would be the one who is gay. I don't think she would like rumors and innuendo about their relationship or his sexuality, and people could throw shade for days on those two so she needs to chill out with her bullshit.

• Love 4

Didn't Bethenny and Carole call Tom gay because he was a bachelor with broken engagements?

No, they didn't. Carole, in a TH, not in her conversation with Bethenny, addressed rumors about him being gay by pointing out what those rumors were.

I mean if someone started saying that shit about Adam Carole would freak out

I think if Adam were fine, Carole would probably be cool with it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

Other than his friendship with Rande Gerber, George Clooney doesn't do any of the things that closeted celebrities tend to do--employing their partner as an assistant, personal trainer, or producing partner. His long time personal assistant is a woman who has been with him for 20 years. If Clooney is having sex with a man, it would have to be Rande Gerber because he doesn't spend that much time around any other men. I'd always thought of them as bromosocial, but maybe they are bromosexual and using their periodic bro trips as a cover for their Ennis/Jack reunions.

• Love 1