Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Support

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Shelia would probably do much better with an older, much established man.  Nate still has dreams and Shelia isn't into dreaming.   She can't see Nate the dreamer.  She wants Nate the hard worker, saver, provider.    He's a good guy and he'll get there but he's only 25 years old for heavens sake.

I think this is very true.  An older man would probably tell Sheila, when she starts to act up and says, "I'm done!" that she's acting like a child and needs to grow the hell up.  

My point earlier about how black women are portrayed on reality shows (and yes I have seen most of those "Housewives" shows, but they're all over the top because they know if they're seen as 'boring' they're off the show) comes from a belief that I have about TV.  I know that TV exists to sell us things we do not need, but I also think TV exists to preserve some version of the status quo.   Part of that is to show white women as the most beautiful, desirable women on earth and women who look the least like white women are shown as the least desirable.  There might be a good reason why Sheila acts the way she does, maybe she does need mood stabilizers, but we won't be shown that; it's more "entertaining" to see the "crazy/scary black woman" as she berates her man, beating him to a pulp.  

Yes, white women are sometimes shown that way; but there are more white women on TV than black women, so that argument doesn't fly with me.  

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Shelia's first announcement during an argument is "I'm done, we're getting divorced".  Why does she do that.  Why does it come to that so quickly?  No sex, sleep on the sofa, silent treatment seem more what a spouse offended would do rather than divorce immediately for the smallest infraction.

I'll take a guess. I think she hasn't learned to finesse her moves, rather she goes for the 'most unkindest cut of all', so to speak. A quick well-placed stab to the jugular rather than a slow cut that shows the blood but takes longer to kill. I reiterate something I still believe - that she is incapable of love and doesn't intend to live with Nate anyway -either as a girlfriend or wife. It's all a game to her- a game 'she will ultimately win, even if her audience doesn't see it that way'.  In her mind she's done with him. She'll stick around for the after treats, but when the light go down and the audience has gone, she'll be outta here.  Jmo. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think this is very true.  An older man would probably tell Sheila, when she starts to act up and says, "I'm done!" that she's acting like a child and needs to grow the hell up.  

My point earlier about how black women are portrayed on reality shows (and yes I have seen most of those "Housewives" shows, but they're all over the top because they know if they're seen as 'boring' they're off the show) comes from a belief that I have about TV.  I know that TV exists to sell us things we do not need, but I also think TV exists to preserve some version of the status quo.   Part of that is to show white women as the most beautiful, desirable women on earth and women who look the least like white women are shown as the least desirable.  There might be a good reason why Sheila acts the way she does, maybe she does need mood stabilizers, but we won't be shown that; it's more "entertaining" to see the "crazy/scary black woman" as she berates her man, beating him to a pulp.  

Yes, white women are sometimes shown that way; but there are more white women on TV than black women, so that argument doesn't fly with me.  

To be honest until you pointed it out I never thought of the black, white thing with these three ladies.  Each of them are beautiful in their own way.  To be represented by a Shelia is exciting.  She is everything any woman would strive to be.  She is well spoken, well groomed and dresses well too.  I would take her as the sophisticated of the group.  Ashley as the girly girl and Danielle as the athletic one.  I just don't see them as white or black. 

• Love 6

I thought this was the most entertaining of the episodes so far, but only the brunch part.  Anthony's face & look toward Ashley while Sheila was talking about having changed her name was priceless; I never laughed so hard watching this show & had to replay it a few times.

Then Nate topped it off with his meme worthy WTF expression regarding Cody's no sex yet comment; again I went through it a few times, even in slow-mo... awesome.

The other thing that was humorous was the back shot of the men sitting at the table - Anthony & Nate sitting up & Cody with his sneakers all hunched over like a teenager. I could almost hear Danielle plotting revenge in her mind against the 'experts' after seeing the other 'more assertive' men.

This meeting of the couples has sealed their fate. Danielle was finally breaking down this episode & by next week, Cody seems done as well.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 6:05 PM, Jeanne222 said:
On 7/8/2017 at 4:27 PM, Neurochick said:

To be honest until you pointed it out I never thought of the black, white thing with these three ladies.  Each of them are beautiful in their own way.  To be represented by a Shelia is exciting.  She is everything any woman would strive to be.  She is well spoken, well groomed and dresses well too.  I would take her as the sophisticated of the group.  Ashley as the girly girl and Danielle as the athletic one.  I just don't see them as white or black. 

Whether or not you've thought about it's a real and crushing thing, it's not just TV. Even with no context, Black women (especially dark skinned women) are considered to be, more aggressive, less feminine, less attractive etc. Contributing to an even stronger concern with looking "right" (respectability politics)  which are defined by a mostly Anglo influenced standard. This is supported by a great deal of research, which if you'd like I can PM you some links.

Now whether or not this is playing into some of Shelia's concerns, I don't know but it is worth considering.

However, apart from that Shelia does come off as very mean to Nate. She goes after him sometimes as if she needs to make sure she draws blood.  I know this is a behavior that exists with some people even really nice happily married people especially when they are younger and still figuring out how to disagree.  Despite how much she may like him if she seems to have a really hard time treating him as an adult./equal partner. 
Once again maybe not ready for marrying a stranger.

Edited for some typos and clarity. 

Edited by yb125
  • Love 10

We all know the editing is awful and there is a lot of producer driven drama  BUT

I would like to be the fly on the wall when the couples rewatch themselves.  Maybe then they can see what others see.  Why they haven't found partners, why their relationships don't last.  Perhaps they are not ready for this type of commitment They can see their actions and the damage and the good that comes from that

of course they might not be able to see themselves as we see them

• Love 3
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

At least Sheila seems to have toned down the "I've never had an orgasm" talk. Can you imagine Nate's reaction if she had brought THAT up at the couples' meeting?

Cody: Enough with the gas station bouquets! They will not get Danielle into bed with you. She didn't even bother to put them in water at the Romantical dinner! 

LMAO .. You mean the Romantical Dinner of S'mores on the sticks that she proudly brought in in front of a roaring fire?  Any other red-blooded male would have jumped her bones even if she looked like Frankensteins woman, but Cody just stretched out there and did nothing.  Hahahahaha.  If Danielle has no interest in him, why did she even bother, because the producers told her to?

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

The other thing that was humorous was the back shot of the men sitting at the table - Anthony & Nate sitting up & Cody with his sneakers all hunched over like a teenager. I could almost hear Danielle plotting revenge in her mind against the 'experts' after seeing the other 'more assertive' men.

OMG  Gone, you truly scare me sometimes with how much you and I notice the same things - I FINALLY caught up with the last half of this episode and came here just to say that!  Mr. Snarkle and I both froze the frame at the same time just to comment on it!  He shrank into the chair and his posture was positively grade school - It made the chair actually look like one of those classroom chairs, LOL.

It was also more than obvious to me that Nate and Anthony were a little skeptical about which one of them (Cody or Danielle) is the bigger reason for their lack of sex.  The looks on their faces told the story and the editing was choppy enough that I feel that they gave Cody the most forgiving edit possible to further the "victim" narrative they have crafted for him.  Also, when he was alone with them, his demeanor didn't change.  If he really was on their level as a guy, his body language wouldn't have been so wussy, especially when Danielle wasn't around.  She didn't make him that way.  The contrast between the other guys and him was even more striking than I had imagined it would be.  I would have jumped in the sack with either Nate or Anthony at that point but sorry to say Cody still registers a big sub-zero on that scale.  Danielle didn't emasculate him - I'm not buying into that story.

That said, I have no love for Danielle.  She is too into herself, a total bore and probably hasn't given the guy enough of a chance.  But even so, I still think that either Nate or Anthony would have been able to wear her down with their charm which is why they are a little skeptical about Cody's victim act.  There's absolutely nothing charming AT ALL about Cody and I doubt he knows how to make himself attractive to a women that's not so into him.  He is probably only used to floozies that throw themselves at him and he doesn't have to do any work.  I refuse to believe he's this great guy and he's only coming off badly because of Danielle.  He really is a zero.  His brother has more class, personality and charm in his pinky (especially when eating)!  Plus he seems older than Cody and I thought he was the younger brother!  ITA with those that wonder how the two of them came out of the same womb!

I'm having a hard time deciding if Sheila is coming off as more volatile because of the editing and her dislike for airing her and Nate's relationship "dirty laundry" on air.  I tend to think she is a little scary volatile, though, and it has nothing to do with her race.  I have generally loved her but I am starting to see that she can be a little difficult.  I also think Ashley is a handful too, just in a different way.  Maybe she's not a scary handful, but a pain in the ass handful.  I actually think Anthony is up to the task of calming her jets.  I'm not sure whether Nate is going to last with Sheila if she doesn't stop with some of the drama queen behavior.  I am hoping most of that is a reaction to the producer manipulation of the relationship and not a function their "real" relationship (if that makes any sense).

That said, I absolutely LOVE Anthony now - unbelievable but that's how it can be sometimes.  I knew that if he turned out to be attractive on the inside my feelings about his physical attractiveness might change.  I also like Nate a lot too.  ITA that Sheila needs to give him a break - He is obviously on the right track in life, just a bit younger than she is.  She acts like he is going to spend money and get himself in trouble - If he were really that irresponsible he wouldn't be thinking of creative ways to get himself solvent again by living in a garage.  She needs to stop being so insecure about his maturity and really LISTEN to what his behavior is telling her.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

We all know the editing is awful and there is a lot of producer driven drama  BUT

I would like to be the fly on the wall when the couples rewatch themselves.  Maybe then they can see what others see.  Why they haven't found partners, why their relationships don't last.  Perhaps they are not ready for this type of commitment They can see their actions and the damage and the good that comes from that

of course they might not be able to see themselves as we see them

I actually think they would be screaming at the producers and "experts" for all the bs and things left out to tell the real stories....and for making them look ways they probably aren't. 

• Love 3

Remember too this is a group of six that can't find love on their own.  Of course they are struggling.  I hope they do watch themselves with an open mind or maybe with a psychologist that can point out their flaws...one by one.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If Nate or Anthony went 37 days without some play, they would be hunched over as well, defeated.  Nate IMO wouldn't even be sitting there. 

Men feel more like men when they're knocking boots with their lady.  For a hetero male, their woman is like a delicious cake.  When it's sitting under a display case before we eat it, we are fine.  Once we get a taste, we pull out the big guns to ensure another slice or cry like babies until we get one.  And if the bakery is closed, we ask Siri to find another one.  

The real problem is Cody hasn't even tried ordering cake but he's complaining that it hasn't arrived yet. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

The other thing that was humorous was the back shot of the men sitting at the table - Anthony & Nate sitting up & Cody with his sneakers all hunched over like a teenager. 

Ugh, yes. Thank you. I noticed this too. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Drogo said:

If Nate or Anthony went 37 days without some play, they would be hunched over as well, defeated.  Nate IMO wouldn't even be sitting there. 

Men feel more like men when they're knocking boots with their lady.  For a hetero male, their woman is like a delicious cake.  When it's sitting under a display case before we eat it, we are fine.  Once we get a taste, we pull out the big guns to ensure another slice or cry like babies until we get one.  And if the bakery is closed, we ask Siri to find another one. 

It's good to hear how you guys think !

• Love 3

Cody has no game, and when I say no game, I mean ZERO game.  I don't know how he's ever had sex at all.  He doesn't flirt. He has no sexy moves.  He should dance with her but he doesn't even seem sexy when dancing.  He's a lump

• Love 12
(edited)
6 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I'm having a hard time deciding if Sheila is coming off as more volatile because of the editing and her dislike for airing her and Nate's relationship "dirty laundry" on air.  I tend to think she is a little scary volatile, though, and it has nothing to do with her race.  I have generally loved her but I am starting to see that she can be a little difficult.  I also think Ashley is a handful too, just in a different way.  Maybe she's not a scary handful, but a pain in the ass handful.

I'm confused as to why you see Sheila as "scary" and Ashley as not scary.  I have never thought a person who has feelings and expresses them as a scary person.  I don't get it.

One thing that is interesting, in the beginning of the season, a lot of us here thought Nate was kind of fake and that he was always on.  It seems that now folks like Nate more than Sheila.  

And that is why I don't think this show works.  People need time to figure out who the person they have married is, who "this stranger" is. You aren't going to figure that out with cameras in your faces and "experts" butting into your marriage.  

Maybe that's why most of the marriages don't work, even after the couples say, on camera, that they will stay together.  Once everybody's gone and it's just the two of them, then they see the other person for who they are, and realize, "Who the hell did I marry?  I don't know this person at all.  I don't even like this person."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

Cody has no game, and when I say no game, I mean ZERO game.  I don't know how he's ever had sex at all.  He doesn't flirt. He has no sexy moves.  He should dance with her but he doesn't even seem sexy when dancing.  He's a lump

Exactly! Most women would not have anything to do with him after date #1. So that leaves someone out there who is so hard up she doesn't mind bedding down with a bale of straw. The truth is likely closer to his never having had sex. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but pretending otherwise is. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

I wouldnt have sex with Cody either- the way he eats is awful! Picks his teeth and always looks like he has Hemmeroids.

Hehe... if I were a guy, I would run from Sheila before she bit my Johnson off.

• Love 2
(edited)

Codester needs a makeover..think Pygmalion...Cody is Eliza Doolittle.

"The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain" no vocal fry...your normal voice.

" Danielle and I..."

"You did well..."

"I's" is not a word...my...mine...eyes(the 2 mirrors of your soul... on your face)

At the table...

Cody... lips closed when chewing.

Please sit up...no hunching over your plate.

If there is food in between your teeth please go to the mens room to dig it out... no sticking all your fingers into your mouth at the table and plucking it out

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
(edited)

I agree with @neurochick about stereotypes.   They suck and I know very few who are free from them.  Overweight, Jewish, muslim, blonde, black, American, gay, old, handicapped...the list never ends!  I don't know if it's possible for people to stop putting others down to make themselves feel superior, yet it hurts and keeps the victims from realizing their full potential.  The ones who stereotype land their zingers then go about their lives while the victim is left feeling terrible.  TV definitely capitalizes on those stereotypes.

As for Sheila, I find her volatility scary.  Not because she's black but because someone who emotionally goes from 0 to 60 in one minute will usually say something that's destructive and become impossible to reason with.  And it often hurts.  Nate should feel proud that he was willing to sacrifice personal comfort and live in a garage to correct his financial dilemma--hell he was single and in a bind--but Sheila didn't take time to consider that and laid into him.  That had to hurt him.  She's also done it multiple times and that's why she's scary.  At any time she and Nate can go from a nice conversation to 'this marriage is over.' Stereotypes definitely exist, no doubt, but in this case I don't think it's a stereotype, I think it's Sheila's pattern of volatility that's scary.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 9

My heart goes out to Cody. He was naive and no idea how to prepare for the camera. A lot of people would say he gets what he deserves. He has been humiliated on National Television. The producers are they going to pay for therapy no. Someone to buy him a wardrobe. Does he have time for Toastmasters. In my view he needs to drop social media. Pick himself up. Danielle is as cruel as they come. She won't sleep with him get a divorce. She made him look not just foolish but desperate. He will get married. Someone will have to say that tv show he is nothing like that. For the studio his destruction boots ratings. Unfortunately, these shows are going to drive good men away. If lucky maybe a prettier or sexier wife. The risk can be total destruction of your reputation. Why sign up for a show like this unless you want be on Tv. I agree with you especially about her moods. She could be bipolar. These mood swings need medication. This is beyond PMS. I love and hate you in 24 hours. Maybe therapy. This can not be explained by gender or race.

• Love 3

I don't find Sheila volatile. Feisty, maybe. Volatile means she's about to start swinging; I've never gotten that vibe.  

I chose a feisty one.  Lit my whole world on fire. She calmed down some when she realized she wasn't getting rid of me.  I believe Nate is just right for Sheila and vice versa, and I think she'll calm down plenty when the cameras leave.  And he's nuts about her.  

I get it, N8.

• Love 12
On 7/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, humbleopinion said:

Interesting that Sheila describes herself as vicious when it comes to arguing.

It rings too much of an unwillingness to compromise and not respecting the rules of healthy disagreement.

Bodes poorly for N8.

I've always felt that when someone tells me who they really are, believe them. If not, you WILL pay the consequence!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

I agree with @neurochick about stereotypes.   They suck and I know very few who are free from them.  Overweight, Jewish, muslim, blonde, black, American, gay, old, handicapped...the list never ends!  I don't know if it's possible for people to stop putting others down to make themselves feel superior, yet it hurts and keeps the victims from realizing their full potential.  The ones who stereotype land their zingers then go about their lives while the victim is left feeling terrible.  TV definitely capitalizes on those stereotypes.

As for Sheila, I find her volatility scary.  Not because she's black but because someone who emotionally goes from 0 to 60 in one minute will usually say something that's destructive and become impossible to reason with.  And it often hurts.  Nate should feel proud that he was willing to sacrifice personal comfort and live in a garage to correct his financial dilemma--hell he was single and in a bind--but Sheila didn't take time to consider that and laid into him.  That had to hurt him.  She's also done it multiple times and that's why she's scary.  At any time she and Nate can go from a nice conversation to 'this marriage is over.' Stereotypes definitely exist, no doubt, but in this case I don't think it's a stereotype, I think it's Sheila's pattern of volatility that's scary.

The fact is that the way things are edited they will this all up. She uses the word vicious and for all we know it was used in a way that we aren't seeing because of the edits. Just as I don't think she does go from 0 to 60 in a minute like the show tries to make it seem. There is to much missing there that we aren't seeing because its edited out to fit how the show wants her to look. Its just like Cody and Danielle's edits. She was edited for a while as wanting him but really we find out later that wasn't really true when she is telling rachel how she hasn't felt it with him at all from the get go. Now its him even more mentioning it but its all in the edit. Everything about him is to make him look pathetic and all about sex. I doubt he talks as he was on the show. I think it was a scripted bunch of bs from the idiot producers. They don't have much with these 2 to work with since nothing is going on with them and nothing will. So producers tell her set up a "romantical" fire and then pull out the s'mores. As he brings the flowers by chance the same night...as if it wasn't clear it was all staged on either side. I don't remember Cody eating like this in past scenes when they had meals so why is it all of a sudden in this one? Doesn't it seem odd? As for Sheila going from nice conversation to "its over". There is always more to it then that but the show doesn't want you to think that way or know it. They think the viewers are not smart enough to see through all the bs they pull. Yet now this season comes and you have Sheila and Ashley both saying stuff to point out how much the producers butt in. They have both done it by either Unfiltered or the episode at the time. 

7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

One thing that is interesting, in the beginning of the season, a lot of us here thought Nate was kind of fake and that he was always on.  It seems that now folks like Nate more than Sheila.  

I will say I am probably one of the few still not liking Nate and thinking he is always on...so to speak. As well as one of the few that doesn't seem to think Sheila is scary or mental. Yet the same goes with Ashley as well. I don't see her as high maintenance or whatever else has been tossed out there. I just see edit jobs done to make them look certain ways with pieces of each picture missing to show more on what was happening in those moments that would tell the truth. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

"I's" is not a word.

You would think that you wouldn't need to say this.  Still laughing!

Note to Cody: if you want to speak properly, try taking the first part of the sentence off. Danielle and me are going to the store. Take off the Danielle and portion--does "me are going to the store" sound right? NO, it does not. Change it to I.  Our friends are coming to Danielle and I's apartment. Does I's apartment sound correct? Nope! Change it to "my apartment."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Note to Cody: if you want to speak properly, try taking the first part of the sentence off. Danielle and me are going to the store. Take off the Danielle and portion--does "me are going to the store" sound right? NO, it does not. Change it to I.  Our friends are coming to Danielle and I's apartment. Does I's apartment sound correct? Nope! Change it to "my apartment."

How about "our" apartment? 

• Love 2
On 7/7/2017 at 7:31 AM, Jellybeans said:

Danielle and Cody both annoy me.  I think they are friends- it is hard to know how much of my annoyance is from producer interence.  "Talk about the lack of sex again". IRK!

Sheila is scary.  I have mentioned before that she reminds me of a volatile houseparent from the deaf school who tried to control my emotions, movements, thoughts, behaviors, clothing, etc., in the name of God.  She has issues.  O.M.G.  That one scares me.  It has been decades since I left the deaf school but Sheila is an uncanny replica of my houseparent.  I do not foresee them lasting a long time.  Nate will end up emotionally scarred by her emotional outbursts.

Ashley and Cody are cute.  Not much to say about them, just hope the faux therapists don't mess with them too much.

Both Sheila and Nate seem to be simmering beneath the surface to me - that relationship would probably be very volatile.

• Love 3
(edited)

Danielle saw what we are seeing 48 hours into the marriage. She's been checked out since then. Cody, how did you face your family and friends after this starting airing?...what a dork!

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 1

Cody is too young for this show imo - why would a 30 year-old woman who is ready for marriage be interested in a 25 year-old male? No offense guys, but few men that age are ready for marriage. Danielle probably thought "Wtf?" on day one and  checked out.

Even if a couple elects to stay together, I don’t believe they will make it to their third anniversary.  

Clearly, Danielle isn’t into Cody.  She is most likely counting down to D-Day. At the couples meet-up, she commented that “Nate seems dominant and confident.”  Can’t help but wonder about her exes.

Sometimes when Anthony looks at Ashley, you can see the exasperation in his eyes.  He seems to be bottling everything up.  Later on, this could be problematic. 

There is a lot going on with Sheila and Nate to which viewers aren’t privy, because she only wants to play nice for the cameras.  One minute they are at each other’s throat and the next they are basking in afterglow.  The editing is making her appear emotionally unstable, but I believe she is just frustrated.   I think she would have been better served with someone older and a bit more financially stable. 

• Love 1

I guess I'm still in the minority because I feel for Cody. Like I've said several times now: has Danielle given a coherent reason why she hasn't slept with Cody? I mean, I would think if she were being real she should at least be honest so he can stop walking on eggshells around her thinking he might screw up his chance if he pisses her off. Cody probably has certain traits that annoy her, and would annoy other people, but from his perspective, it can't be fun having all the grief of having a wife and none of the perks. And I think Danielle is one of those people who have no problem stringing him along but don't want other people to know. Probably because she's afraid they're going to take Cody's side. Because I bet her blond friend who seems to look a lot happier than she is probably is thinking, "bitch, please. You know whether you want to sleep with him or not." And why string him along for 6-8 weeks if you're not feeling it? Cody's...a dude. He's not going to save you from a dragon. 

I think Danielle is just hoping to vibe with Cody, but the problem is, she's attracted to guys who cheat on her for years. 

Sheila? You're...not cute enough for the grief you give. I kind of don't like you or Nate individually, but together y'all seem fine sometimes. But you're nervous about shit being shown on camera because you're emotional as hell. Don't worry. We see you. 

Ashley and Anthony like each other, but they're trying to be more interesting by having non-fights.

I hope next season they screen their couples better. I don't necessarily like the emphasis on whether Cody and Danielle are having sex, but spending 3-4 months listening to Nancy McKeon, who's a Hard 30, talk about how she hasn't arrived at the place yet where she can have sex with someone is fucking boring. All this talk of being assertive is bullshit. Does she want Cody to fish hook her vagina and drag her up to their bedroom? Damn. You're keeping him at arm's length, he's trying not to offend you and give you space, and you're then turning around complaining about him not being assertive. He's not going to fuck you if you don't want him to, Danielle. You know that right? So GTFO with this basic shit. I'd rather see the highs and lows of a marriage at first sight. Not a couple who hold hands and go out for pizza with their friends sometimes. I bet Mormon at First Sight is more entertaining than that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Cody is too young for this show imo - why would a 30 year-old woman who is ready for marriage be interested in a 25 year-old male? No offense guys, but few men that age are ready for marriage. Danielle probably thought "Wtf?" on day one and  checked out.

I think Danielle wasn't ready for marriage either. She is pretty immature for her age IMO. 

1 hour ago, 27bored said:

I hope next season they screen their couples better.

LMAO Sorry I wish it wasn't a laughable comment but it is because sadly this show will never do that. The screen for drama and nothing more it seems like. If by chance they miss that boat they seem to try to create it by butting in or having "experts" say things to make one doubt something. 

• Love 2

Like I've said several times now: has Danielle given a coherent reason why she hasn't slept with Cody?

She's said more than once 'chemistry' is extremely important for her, & she's not feeling it. I'm just watching it & I'm not feeling it.

I've said before that if chemistry was so important to her she was stupid to do this because you can't judge chemistry on paper. And if the experts knew that chemistry was this important to her they also should've known they couldn't match for chemistry & disqualified her immediately.

I agree she shouldn't be stringing him along, & I don't think he's experienced enough to realize the problem, so he just keeps 'tryin' so hard'.

She's pretty much got great live-in, although awkward, free housekeeping services for the 8 weeks.

• Love 3

I guess I'm still in the minority because I feel for Cody. Like I've said several times now: has Danielle given a coherent reason why she hasn't slept with Cody? I mean, I would think if she were being real she should at least be honest so he can stop walking on eggshells around her thinking he might screw up his chance if he pisses her off. Cody probably has certain traits that annoy her, and would annoy other people, but from his perspective, it can't be fun having all the grief of having a wife and none of the perks. And I think Danielle is one of those people who have no problem stringing him along but don't want other people to know. Probably because she's afraid they're going to take Cody's side. Because I bet her blond friend who seems to look a lot happier than she is probably is thinking, "bitch, please. You know whether you want to sleep with him or not." And why string him along for 6-8 weeks if you're not feeling it? Cody's...a dude. He's not going to save you from a dragon. 

I think Danielle is just hoping to vibe with Cody, but the problem is, she's attracted to guys who cheat on her for years. 

Sheila? You're...not cute enough for the grief you give. I kind of don't like you or Nate individually, but together y'all seem fine sometimes. But you're nervous about shit being shown on camera because you're emotional as hell. Don't worry. We see you. 

Ashley and Anthony like each other, but they're trying to be more interesting by having non-fights.

I hope next season they screen their couples better. I don't necessarily like the emphasis on whether Cody and Danielle are having sex, but spending 3-4 months listening to Nancy McKeon, who's a Hard 30, talk about how she hasn't arrived at the place yet where she can have sex with someone is fucking boring. All this talk of being assertive is bullshit. Does she want Cody to fish hook her vagina and drag her up to their bedroom? Damn. You're keeping him at arm's length, he's trying not to offend you and give you space, and you're then turning around complaining about him not being assertive. He's not going to fuck you if you don't want him to, Danielle. You know that right? So GTFO with this basic shit. I'd rather see the highs and lows of a marriage at first sight. Not a couple who hold hands and go out for pizza with their friends sometimes. I bet Mormon at First Sight is more entertaining than that.

I think it's quite possible that both of them know there is no chance for their "marriage" working, and they are just putting out these half truths for the show.  I don't have high expectations for Cody but I think even he knows they are just ticking off days on the calendar although they can't say that on camera. 

Last season was a horror show, but there seemed to be more honesty from the couples.  Even Ashley and Anthony put on fake fights for the show.

• Love 1

I don't think Danielle or anyone needs a "coherent" reason not to sleep with someone. Sex should never be mandatory, not even in a marriage. I guess some people have an easier time getting into bed with a stranger than others, and maybe Danielle foolishly expected to be matched with someone remotely compatible to her that would make that part of the "experiment" easier. The more I see of Cody the more I understand why she's not feeling it. He is so awkward and whiny and the eating with his mouth wide open thing is 100% a dealbreaker for some of us. I don't see why people think she's so rough looking, either. A little sun damage but otherwise I think she looks fine. Cody's not that bad looking, either; it's just everything else about him that I don't like. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I don't think Danielle or anyone needs a "coherent" reason not to sleep with someone. Sex should never be mandatory, not even in a marriage. I guess some people have an easier time getting into bed with a stranger than others, and maybe Danielle foolishly expected to be matched with someone remotely compatible to her that would make that part of the "experiment" easier. The more I see of Cody the more I understand why she's not feeling it. He is so awkward and whiny and the eating with his mouth wide open thing is 100% a dealbreaker for some of us. I don't see why people think she's so rough looking, either. A little sun damage but otherwise I think she looks fine. Cody's not that bad looking, either; it's just everything else about him that I don't like. 

I agree that she doesn't need a reason not to sleep with him. I hope she has already told him that she is just not feeling it and sorry. If she is making it seem like he can earn it somehow I think that is unfair. I do wonder if she was honest with must-haves (like the level and kind of assertiveness she wants). However, even if she wasn't, I feel like if the experts do their due diligence they would have known.

Edited by yb125
Clarity
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I don't see why people think she's so rough looking, either. A little sun damage but otherwise I think she looks fine.

If she is sun damaged, then I must look like leather lol!! 

• Love 2
On 7/8/2017 at 7:27 PM, Neurochick said:

But then again, that older man would have to have nerves of steel - and failing ears- I think a Battle Royale would ensue, as there is no way Sheila would simply abide being told to grow up.  The measure of her anger and rage is incalculable. She's been behaving like the Sheila we see on the tube for years, that is her true persona, like it or not. she said so herself. She's practiced and has learned what to do and say that hurts the most. Because she doesn't see 'a husband' - she sees a competitor.

• Love 1