Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: No Place Like Home

raven

The year is 2027, and the world has reached a tipping point: as the human population continues to dwindle due to the sterility problem, an equally devastating threat rises in the form of "the hybrids," an army of unstoppable lab-made creatures, hell-bent on destroying mankind.

We built the wall!!   I told you we would build the wall!!  It was a great big beautiful wall.  Isn't it a beautiful wall??  Of course it's big and beautiful.

I declare victory over the hybrids.  They are all ugly and fat.  We will always win over ........  (gets stampeded by rhino hybrid).

• Love 6

Jackson doing his best Chris Pratt-Jurassic World impression! 

I thought this was cancelled last year. 

What?  You didn't think we needed more hybrids :)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, raven said:

Jackson doing his best Chris Pratt-Jurassic World impression! 

What?  You didn't think we needed more hybrids :)

I didn't get through one episode last year. :) My sister will be happy, though - she and her husband liked it. 

• Love 1

Even though it's 10 years later,  they all look...the same. I WANT TO LOOK THE SAME 10 YEARS FROM NOW or 10 YEARS LATER or WHATEVER , 

Frankly,  I'd like to look 10 years younger.  I don't think that's the plan for this show 

I have absolutely no idea what's going on

• Love 7

It looks like Jamie's a superhero.

I don't know who those people are who got Mitch out of the tank. 

Jackson's new GF is annoying me.  Maybe she'll get eaten.

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't realize this was back tonight  My first scene was Mitch drawing a picture.

My first two thoughts were...

He can't speak... How am I going to get my snark?

Maybe he's drawing a dirty picture.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Maybe he's drawing a dirty picture.

Or a snarky one....

As usual, we need more animal attacks.   We've gotten the exposition out of the way, more attacks please.

So we've got a phony Clementine; good, I didn't like her either.  Jamie has custody of the giant plane and Abe's gotten a medical degree.

We're back!

• Love 1

I'm going to have to watch the first forty minutes tomorrow.  I have no idea what was going on in the last twenty minutes but I'll see if watching from the beginning helps.  I doubt it.

I watch this show expecting all kinds of weird shit.  I can't recall much of last season.  Is there a reason that when I was watching Jackson, after the explosion, do that weird bug eyed twitching acting thing that I was sure he was going to transform into a hybrid?  Did he ever get cured from that bite or whatever he was keeping a secret?

(edited)
1 hour ago, OoogleEyes said:

Even though it's 10 years later,  they all look...the same. I WANT TO LOOK THE SAME 10 YEARS FROM NOW or 10 YEARS LATER or WHATEVER , 

Maybe it's a side-effect of the sterility gas.  I'm kidding, I have no idea.

This show is back and they did not dial back on the batshit crazy level.

Why were Jackson's scenes all filmed with a green filter ?  Though the control of the lions was kind of cool, 
There's no way that shitty panel van would contain that hybrid rhino.

How come Abe has a dog ?  Isn't he afraid it might turn ?  Whoops -- forgot that the animals were all cured by the pigeon release last season.  How could I forget that ? </sarcasm>

The freaky blood sample might explain how the hybrids are spreading -- a hybrid gets a cut, blood drops fall to the ground and a new hybrid pops up.

1 hour ago, Twilight Man said:

We built the wall!!   I told you we would build the wall!!  It was a great big beautiful wall.  Isn't it a beautiful wall??  Of course it's big and beautiful.

And the hybrids are going to pay for it.  (I'm bringing my best Mitch-level snark)

Jamie cleans up really well.  Be it the black cocktail dress she had on at the party or the skin-tight leather pants -- she really did look pretty kickass, and apparently she has taken some martial arts training in the intervening years in order to backup that kickass look.  And apparently a really successful author in order to afford to maintain that plane -- I wonder if the same pilot is still flying it.  

Maybe one of the side effects of Jackson's bite from last season -- is that he can control the animals.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Ten years have passed.  Abe is now a doctor.  Jamie is now a seven-toed ninja. The Snarkmeister is... Well, he's alive, so there is hope.   Dariela - did she and Abe make a baby?  Chloe presumably still dead.  Clemantine has grown up!  Jackson is till an ass.

During the last 10 years, civilization has been on the edge of collapse, but Samsung has still managed to bring out a killer new phone and Jamie has got one!

There is inexplicable shit going on.  The Defiant Pupil could resurface at any moment.  The Mother Cell must be lurking somewhere.  Reiden Global will be lurking around every corner. The Shepherds, too.  I'm still waiting for the Attack of the Zebras!

Hey, what's not to love?  Besides, the only thing I can find to watch otherwise is Wynonna Earp (and that's just because Melanie Scrofano is hotternhell).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OoogleEyes said:

Frankly,  I'd like to look 10 years younger.  I don't think that's the plan for this show 

That's what I thought, with the bit I saw. One of them said something about seven years having passed, and I thought, "And you all look so great. WTF?"

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Ten years have passed.  Abe is now a doctor.  Jamie is now a seven-toed ninja. The Snarkmeister is... Well, he's alive, so there is hope.   Dariela - did she and Abe make a baby?  Chloe presumably still dead.  Clemantine has grown up!  Jackson is till an ass.

During the last 10 years, civilization has been on the edge of collapse, but Samsung has still managed to bring out a killer new phone and Jamie has got one!

There is inexplicable shit going on.  The Defiant Pupil could resurface at any moment.  The Mother Cell must be lurking somewhere.  Reiden Global will be lurking around every corner. The Shepherds, too.  I'm still waiting for the Attack of the Zebras!

Jamie must have special footwear to pull off those ninja moves with missing toes.  Chloe is probably dead, but if Mitch can be saved from the hybrid attack who knows for sure.

We never did get killer zebras in the first two seasons, so maybe hybrid zebras in S3.  

(edited)

Ha! I sat there watching going "they better have killer zebras this season."

So which Chloe is real? Or are they both fakes?

I imagine Mitch got Luke Skywalkered because his captors couldn't handle his snark.

Edited by mertensia

I'm confused about Clementine. If the one we saw in the finale last year isn't her than who the Hell is she? Why impersonate the daughter? At first i thought the girl with Mitch was just his imagination but I'm confused 

4 minutes ago, mertensia said:

I imagine Mitch got Luke Skywalkered because his captors couldn't handle his snark.

4 minutes ago, mertensia said:

It's Clementine and I think one is real. Probably the one that appeared to Mitch. She did look like a grown up version of the little girl from the first two seasons.

I miss Chloe.

Anyway, I still don't know why they had to skip ten years instead of, let's say, five. Probably because of Clementine, which...eh. I'm going to be pretend that a side effect to the sterilization mist is that you stop aging. 

It's pretty much as ridiculous as I remember. I skipped the two hour finale and have no desire to watch it, so here we are with the premiere. They're still pretending that Mitch/Jamie are true love without actually showing how they're true love. Mostly Mitch pining for Jamie while Jamie doesn't seem to really care much about Mitch past friendship. But hey, she got a...haircut? And learned how to fight, which is nice. Her not-boyfriend detective doesn't seem all that bright.

Jackson's girlfriend is not likable. I was convinced that she'd be killed by an animal, or that explosion, but alas, she lives to see another day. 

I'd actually love if the Clementine with Jamie was actually the real one, and not crying Clementine with Mitch. Come on, Zoo! Give me a double twist here! It's just so boring to have Gun Wielding Clem as the fake one.  

Not a whole lot of crazy animals this premiere. Come on, Zoo, you can do better! You gave us plenty of animals in the last season premiere! 

Kind of love that Mitch basically said nothing and pounded on the table like an angry chimpanzee. 

I expected more animal craziness. I am very disappointed. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Her not-boyfriend detective doesn't seem all that bright.

Wait, is he the same guy she threw out of the aeroplane last season?

Jackson's girlfriend is not likable.

Jamie will soon murder her in a stairwell.  For one reason or another.

• Love 2
Just now, Netfoot said:

Wait, is he the same guy she threw out of the aeroplane last season?

That's him.  I have no idea how he became a cop, let alone some sort of detective , for the NYPD in the intervening years.  Apparently background checks don't exist in the Zooverse.

Even after 10 years Jamie hasn't managed to install a lock on the plane doors -- because the cops waltzed without triggering any alarms.

I do like the fact that since this is 10 years in the future, we are getting funky future tech like the transparent phones (kind of like Parks and Recreation did -- I wonder if Jamie's phone has skateboard mode).

Ok. Even though I have guilty pleasure this show and seen all episodes..I am a little lost and need Lotta help.

1) Jackson lives/works on the west coast by the fence? Is that what blew up? Who was woman black hair Jackson saw?

2) I thought Abe was in Ann Arbor Michigan and Jamie was in NY cause Logan was NYPD..or is he just PD?  

3) how did Jackson drone get to Abe so quickly, and how did Clem get to Jamie so fast michigan?

4) I thought it was the NYPD dept. That exploded with the tape logan took from Jamie but Jackson and his GF felt it. 

Any help is appreciated.

I scanned thru last season on Netflix Wednesday but did not help.

19 hours ago, Netfoot said:

.…The Mother Cell must be lurking somewhere.…

Is that the Mother Lode Cell on Abe's kitchen table?

Mitch better start delivering snark by the next episode, or else!  Jackson's fake not-superpowered toothpick case jokes are no substitute.

It seemed like Jackson is using his animal-control powers to bring out the animal in his girlfriend. Or maybe she's just an evil spy using his animal instincts to get info. I wonder if the writers had any idea what the story arc for the season was going to be at the time this episode was written.

2 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Ok. Even though I have guilty pleasure this show and seen all episodes..I am a little lost and need Lotta help.

1) Jackson lives/works on the west coast by the fence? Is that what blew up? Who was woman black hair Jackson saw?

2) I thought Abe was in Ann Arbor Michigan and Jamie was in NY cause Logan was NYPD..or is he just PD?  

3) how did Jackson drone get to Abe so quickly, and how did Clem get to Jamie so fast michigan?

4) I thought it was the NYPD dept. That exploded with the tape logan took from Jamie but Jackson and his GF felt it. 

Any help is appreciated.

I scanned thru last season on Netflix Wednesday but did not help.

1) Yes and Yes.  Someone supposedly from IDGAF (animal welfare group) there to pick up the new hybrid.  She blew stuff up instead.

2) Abe is is MI and Jamie is in NY.  Logan is in NY, some kind of police or law enforcement.

3) We'll have super fast drones in 2027!  Jamie took the plane to get Clem.

4) Two different, possibly simultaneous explosions - one in OR, one in NY (tape that Logan had).  The woman in OR planted something similar to the tape or whatever that Logan dropped off at the station.

It appears there's some kind of coordinated resistance either for the animals, or against people, or both.  I doubt the people blowing things up are with the animal welfare group that broke out Mitch, because why bother to do so?  We don't know yet.

So are Jackson's lions dead, killed by hybrids in the beginning?  Not nice, Jackson, if so.

How did a whole episode go by without Jaime killing someone ?

Very disappointing!!  She did beat up some guys while wearing leather pants, so there's that.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, raven said:

Very disappointing!!  She did beat up some guys while wearing leather pants, so there's that.

I wonder how many people Jamie has killed in the intervening 10 years.  

But yeah, she has a murder quota to fill -- she was on such a good pace in the previous 2 seasons.

• Love 1
(edited)

I love that this terrible show is back for a THIRD (!!??#$!) season , I love the two Clementines (and I hope BOTH of them are fake!), and I love that Mitch, the best character (the snarky voice of the home audience), is still alive.  Love that the fake animal CGI has not improved. How's Jamie's fucked up foot I wonder?  Who are half these characters?  Who cares!   Summer's here!

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, raven said:

4) Two different, possibly simultaneous explosions - one in OR, one in NY (tape that Logan had).  The woman in OR planted something similar to the tape or whatever that Logan dropped off at the station.

It appears there's some kind of coordinated resistance either for the animals, or against people, or both.  I doubt the people blowing things up are with the animal welfare group that broke out Mitch, because why bother to do so?  We don't know yet.…

…Very disappointing!!  [that Jaimie didn't kill anyone] She did beat up some guys while wearing leather pants, so there's that.

So it was just trying to be one of those artistic cinema photographic fade-ins, and Jamie did not have her device accidentally on purpose captured so it would blow stuff up and kill people? Huh.

52 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

…Love that the fake animal CGI has not improved.…

Oh yes. How could I forget? The funniest part of the episode was Jackson's CGI lions and the CGI creatures attacking each other as if being drawn together by magnets.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, OoogleEyes said:

I cannot believe this show is back 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Anela said:

This got a third season??? I looked up at the TV, and thought the main character looked familiar. I thought this was cancelled last year. 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, OoogleEyes said:

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, OoogleEyes said:

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, OoogleEyes said:

Yeah,  I'm over it. Too many other  good TV shows to watch.  I have no time to even hate watch this show 

It's Under the Dome all over again.

• Love 3

Oh, right.  Zoo is back.

Outside of Jackson being able to communicate with lions and form his own lion army (hey, if you have the ability, who wouldn't do that?!), I was mainly confused and bored with a lot of this.  Jamie is now some hotshot, rich author, who is also a badass that is trying to take down evil shady organization, only for Logan to suddenly show up as a detective (?), and stop whatever she was trying to do.  Meanwhile, Clementine has proof that Mitch is alive and uses Abe and Dariela to help plan a way to rescue him, only to suddenly abandon them under the guise that "they are parents and shouldn't be in danger."  As for Jackson himself, he's in some kind of war zone in Portland with a new squeeze, as they try and save people from hybrids.  I guess all of this is happening, because I'm still not fully sure.

Anyway, Mitch is alive!  Hopefully he won't be mute for too long, since the show really needs it's dose of Billy Burke snark.  He's rescued by a bunch of mysterious soldiers (including Kellog from Continuum), and the episode end with him meeting... Clementine?  So, there are two of them?  Or ones a fake?  My best guess is that the show is goin to want us to think that mean, gun-wielding Clementine is the fake, but it will end up being the one at the end, as she is placed here to manipulate Mitch.

Considering all of the preposterous stuff that is still happening, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Chloe ends up being alive too.

We'll see how this plays out, but I don't see this show ever recapturing the batshit glory that it had in the first season.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:39 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

And the hybrids are going to pay for it.  (I'm bringing my best Mitch-level snark)

The former president of the hybrids has gone on social media several times to declare that they aren't going to pay for that fucking wall.

I agree, not a great premiere, but I will still give episode 2 a shot because whoever put together the "previously" clip reel at the top of the hour clearly understands what we all wanted to see - another glimpse of the horrible CGI when Jamie was standing at the open jet door, after she pushed Logan off to his not-so-certain doom.

When Jamie was walking on the street on her way to break into whatever that was, and she was wearing her leather pants and black hoodie, all I could think was, "Jamie is A!!!!!"  That would have been a much more entertaining reveal for Pretty Little Liars than the actual series finale.

Part of me is a little sad for James Wolk that this is the show that's managed to stick for him.  He's appealing and talented, but it's just never worked out for him before.  I happened to like Lone Star before it was unceremoniously yanked after only two episodes.

Did they train new pilots for the Airplane de tutti Airplanes?  Or is going to be stuck in the hangar all season?  Assuming that someone still refines crude oil into aviation fuel, of course.

(edited)
23 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

…Anyway, Mitch is alive!  Hopefully he won't be mute for too long, since the show really needs it's dose of Billy Burke snark.  He's rescued by a bunch of mysterious soldiers (including Kellog from Continuum)…

So that's where I knew him from! It looked like not-Kellog was the only one intent on doing any rescuing. The other thugs seemed to be more on a wanted-dead-or-alive type of mission.

12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Did they train new pilots for the Airplane de tutti Airplanes?  Or is going to be stuck in the hangar all season?  Assuming that someone still refines crude oil into aviation fuel, of course.

Must be powered by meth-addicted squirrels running on exercise wheels in hamster cages —that is, either powering the plane or the refineries—or maybe both.

Edited by shapeshifter

Clementine?  So, there are two of them?  Or ones a fake?  My best guess is that the show is goin to want us to think that mean, gun-wielding Clementine is the fake, but it will end up being the one at the end, as she is placed here to manipulate Mitch

I think just like that police officer in NY and the woman who set off a bomb where Jackson was that the hybrids have evolved into human clone versions.

14 hours ago, redfish said:

I think just like that police officer in NY and the woman who set off a bomb where Jackson was that the hybrids have evolved into human clone versions.

That would fit with the story, and it would work in a book, but it would take too much screen time on TV to make it clear that identical Clementines weren't the same person, so I'm guessing they might've started with a clone plot but then made it into some add-on convoluted conspiracy plot rather than just abandoning the 2-Clementine plot altogether (which they might've wished later that they had done).

Now I'm guessing they came up with her name because there was a big bag of Clementine oranges in the writers' room in season 1.

• Love 1

I didn't really get Jamie as the billionaire author. You'd think that when she was still writing her anti corporate blog, she'd wouldn't be into high level capitalism. I do wonder what she writes about and if it was cause for this rift that no appears to want to talk about.

I just knew she'd get it on with Logan. I knew it. I figure in this new world order, mercenaries make good cops regardless of their credentials. I uh, don't mind Logan all that much. 

The Clementine at the end resembled the child version more then the lippy version throughout the episode.

I'm also glad we're not getting the crappy intro voice over at the beginning anymore. We know what the show is about, because for some reason I am compelled to watch it.

I am also torn on what Jackson does for a living, exactly.

• Love 1

A glass of Mitch. That was weird. Especially considering he had his eyes open in that tank for ...years? A friend brought up a good point. How do they feed his body so it doesn't waste away or develop nutritional deficiencies. And why am I thinking so hard about it?

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't know why we ponder the logic of this show. Because it's stupid and yet compelling?

Perhaps Mitch is fed by the water itself, in the same way as fish food? The "food" disintegrated and that's how he ingested it? He certainly wasn't hooked up to anything inside the tank, though someone must have kept up with his vitals through the monitors.

I loved the see through phones. And the drone messenger service. 

I think somewhere near the end of season two, Jamie and Mitch ponder who cleans up the plane when they're not around (as a sort of meta joke). I think that whoever does is due a pay rise by now. 

Edited by aliferous85

This show is such a joke but I don't think CBS cares.  The CGI is so bad it's funny, seven or ten years have passed and nobody aged, kind of like Revolution and Billy Burke was in that show too!

The end of season one was so silly that I barely watched last season, and I'm glad I didn't, season two looked stupider than season one.

Did they get rid of Chloe because that actress was in Mozart in the Jungle?

Why do these shadow organizations do dumb shit like, lets destroy the human race?  Let's make everyone sterile?  WTF?  Let's make folks NOT sterile, the more people to worship me.

• Love 1