Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Beneath Her Heart

Stuck on the sidelines with Neolutionists crawling all over her home, Alison seeks to return to her community center, but Bailey Downs has moved on from her. As she flounders to take back some semblance of control, the ghost of friendships past rears its handsome head. Art and his new partner show up at the Hendrix residence to continue their search for Helena, forcing Art to make a difficult moral judgement.

Promo:

• Love 1
(edited)

So was Art about to shoot the obnoxious new investigator in the garage right before she got the phone call to rebury the bodies? —which has got to be a first time ever that such a directive was given in such a situation on TV. A very subtle and fleeting moment of dark humor.

Being reminded of how Allison basically murdered her friend made me think that she and Helena aren't really so very different, and it made Donny's ability to deal with Helena more understandable.

And seeing Allison and her best friend on the lawn under blankets, tripping over the stars gave a real sense of what Allison had lost because of all the real and imagined clone threats.

I loved Felix arriving just in time to literally sweep everything behind the curtain, heh.
But I was a little sad that he got interrupted in painting Sarah's portrait right when it was getting good.

Right before Cosima asked if Allison was high because her "eyes are like saucers" I had been peering at my little screen to see if Allison's pupils were enlarged so Cosima would realize she was high, and it looked like they really were! I wonder if Tatiana had dilating drops put in her eyes for the scene or if she had special contacts. Regardless, excellent writing, camera work, and acting all around.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 13

I don't think I'm going to handle the end of this show well. I'm having a hard time with what seems to be Alison's departure and she wasn't even close to my favorite character, that honor going to Sarah. I knew I loved this show but it seems to have really embedded itself into me making it hard to let go. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Easily my favorite episode of this season so far, but granted any episode focused on Alison is going to be a win in my book since she's my favorite.  Loved the flashbacks and seeing her meet Cosima for the first time (and a voice cameo from Beth!), and then the present storyline, with her struggle over her relevance in Clone Club, and then her stepping up and throwing down with Rachel.  I didn't even realize until it was said that it was the first time those two have ever met. Hope she isn't gone for too long, and will be back into the thick of it come finale time.  Although, it did lead to my normal "forget that there is one actress playing numerous characters" moment of the episode, where I though "Well, at least she'll get a break!", and then remember that, no, on this show, Tatiana Maslany gets no breaks or days off!

I both felt bad and laughed at poor Donnie getting accidentally drugged and crashing.  And then Felix just dragging him behind the curtain.  Oh, Donnie.

So, when Sarah's home, Kira doesn't want to talk with her.  But when Sarah isn't home, Kira complains that she isn't there.  Gosh, children are so frustrating!

Props to the art department, because that severed, rotten skull really looked like it could have belonged to Matt Frewer.

Hopefully, Art pulling his gun on Enger/Neocop partner was just a tease, and he will in fact, get a chance to actually put a bullet in her after this is all said and done. 

Helena is hiding in a nunnery?

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 18
(edited)

They totally teased us that we would get to see Felix's butt, and then the camera angle kept just grazing the edges of it!  Felix himself seems beyond depressed; this past year has clearly left it's toll on him.

This was more of a somber version of Alison's usual episode, but it was a worthy sendoff/coming full circle for her character.  Like everyone else she is sick of going through the same motions over and over again.   Since now MK and Alison are both gone, will we see Krystal again?  And WTF did Delphine have to say? Perhaps that psychotic Rachel is being held in a cell on the island while an unknown clone takes her place.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 4

So, is Donnie sticking around without Alison, then? I wondered why he wouldn't go with her, since she said she wasn't leaving him, but then I remembered that he's always been hilarious interacting with the other clones too, not just Alison. Helena, Krystal, Cosima. He and Tatiana are just great together, period. They probably want to use him for something else even if Alison won't be back for a while.

• Love 5

The clones are so distinctly different not only from each other but also from Tatiana, but in this episode, particularly in the last scene with Alison and Donnie, I felt like I saw and heard bits of Tatiana. That's not a complaint though, just an observation. I think it was a reflection of what Alison told Donnie - that she's been vibrating in her own skin and she finally popped out. So much of what we've seen of Alison is a mask where she's in control and presenting the face that she thinks that others want to see. As much as she loves and trusts Donnie, she even does it with him sometimes. But when she told him that she needed to spend some time by herself, it wasn't just what she said. It was how she said it, without any artifice. She completely dropped her facade. I think that's the most open and vulnerable she's ever been with anyone.

Heh, and to counter that, we got Donnie flashing the entire church his balls!

Loved Alison in the bounce house with Ramon.

• Love 13

I dunno - I wanted Alison to go ballistic and deal at least with one of the many persons who told her she was insignificant and useless. So now she's just going to disappear? Bit of a downer resolution.

Rachel and Kira are seriously channeling Bill and B. B. Kiddo - it doesn't help that the two actresses look so much alike. Stomping a goldfish vs. skinning a mouse. B. B. was much younger but then Rachel told Kira it wouldn't hurt the mouse. Still - creepy as hell.

Well at least Felix got to comment on Donnie's goods.

• Love 2

When Donnie was keeling over and revealing that he was going full Outlander to the audience Felix quipped: 'The weirdest people get one.' It was more the tone than the words - he sounded impressed.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ruby24 said:

So, is Donnie sticking around without Alison, then? I wondered why he wouldn't go with her, since she said she wasn't leaving him, but then I remembered that he's always been hilarious interacting with the other clones too, not just Alison. Helena, Krystal, Cosima. He and Tatiana are just great together, period. They probably want to use him for something else even if Alison won't be back for a while.

I guess he is. I think she's going without him because of what she said, that she needs to figure out who she is outside of the clone stuff. As we were reminded in this episode, Donnie was her monitor and she still seems to have a slight problem with that deep down. Her taking time away to be with her kids but also be by herself is going to be good for her. I'm glad Donnie's sticking around because he can still have scenes with the other clones and Felix/Siobhan. This show does a good job at utilizing the non-clones, and they could have let Donnie go with her, but he's still needed here. 

I finally had a moment of forgetting that Tatiana plays every clone, because I thought for a split second that Alison was gone for good and I hoped the actress could come back for the finale. I wonder how long Alison will be gone for. I assume a few episodes but she'll be back for the last couple of episodes. 

This was my favourite of the season because Alison is also my favourite. I thought for the longest time that it was Cosima, but this episode proved to me that it's Alison all the way. It goes Alison, Cosima, then Sarah. 

Man, I felt bad for Alison when she was told multiple times how useless she is and how unneeded some people find her. I mean, it certainly isn't true because not everyone has the resources that Alison has. She has particular life skills that none of the other clones possess. Is this really the first time Alison/Rachel have met? Because she really went toe to toe with Rachel and got her to crack, something that none of the clones have really been able to do (without physical harm). 

Some really solid moments for Alison and I loved seeing Eric Johnson as Chad again, plus flashback Ainsley! 

I was with Art when he was going to shoot his "partner", but that would have been a dark turn for him. 

It seems like they really are dwindling down the clones bit by bit. MK's dead, Alison's gone, Helena's temporarily hiding, so I wonder who's next. 

• Love 6

all the better to bring back some of the absent clones - crystal and tony. 

I enjoyed this episode probably because there was not so much running around escaping. and whacking people.  I liked the parallel between the mouse shedding it's skin and Allison shedding her persona.   

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The clones are so distinctly different not only from each other but also from Tatiana, but in this episode, particularly in the last scene with Alison and Donnie, I felt like I saw and heard bits of Tatiana. That's not a complaint though, just an observation. I think it was a reflection of what Alison told Donnie - that she's been vibrating in her own skin and she finally popped out. So much of what we've seen of Alison is a mask where she's in control and presenting the face that she thinks that others want to see. As much as she loves and trusts Donnie, she even does it with him sometimes. But when she told him that she needed to spend some time by herself, it wasn't just what she said. It was how she said it, without any artifice. She completely dropped her facade. I think that's the most open and vulnerable she's ever been with anyone.

I wondered, too, about bits of Tatiana slipping through, but I think your later perception is accurate: it's Alison without her facade. She kind of went back and forth between the high, tense voice that indicates Alison in full control-mode and the deeper, kind of exhausted vulnerability. Tatiana is too good to have slipped so much. We just haven't seen this inner part of Alison before.

• Love 13

Was Helena writing in Ukrainian at the convent? Anyone have a translation? :-)

I really hope that Alison returns by the finale, I heart her so much. Imho she's just as brave as Sarah (and as rash at times) and the sestras really are stronger when they're together. Loved how she finally met Rachel and was not intimidated. Hopefully we'll continue to see Donnie...all of him, not just the various bits and pieces he may inadvertently flash in public!

Kira can go suck on a lemon. Can't have it both ways, brat. 

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I was going to ask the same thing, if anyone could translate. My two years of college Russian (many years ago) was not helping. I could make out one phrase that means "mine" and there's another word I know I learned but can't remember what it means.

Edited by Eureka
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

HELENA’S JOURNAL (poorly) TRANSLATED [by someone with the handle elle18she/her on a site called punk rock no]:

(Big thanks to google translate!!! Italicized are the parts I’m least confident are correct.)

“But they are their own people. I have no control over that. What form they take. Their health, the shape of their noses they appear, then they will be children by chance. They will heal me/her, my little miracles, they must choose that horror, and I’ve been looking for so long…How far we have come, how much road there still is. And that’s all -”

I can't vouch for it.  But it's a starting point; it's something to work with.

Edited by dampfire
  • Love 8

Is creepy Kyra about to do a science experiment on that poor mouse? I can't stand they whey-faced brat.

I was so hoping Art would shoot his odious partner or bash her head in with that shovel.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Is creepy Kyra about to do a science experiment on that poor mouse? 

I don't think so. It looked to me like she was going to cut herself to test the theory of her own super-fast healing abilities.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/25/2017 at 4:20 AM, ruby24 said:

The actor is just scrumptious.  He's also in The Murdock Mysteries (a Canadian staple.)  He plays a secondary constable.  (There is Detective Murdock and his wife, the medical examiner.  Then there is a main constable who is his friend.  I've forgotten his name.  And the Chief who is a Scotsman.)  ANYway, "Donnie" plays the second constable.  (There is a third, minor constable, too.)

The actor is fantastic with anyone in any cast I've ever seen.  He's very generous and adaptable. 

ETA:  I mentioned last week and still stand by it:  I cannot stand Kira.  Either the actress or the character.  I've never liked her since the first time she was on screen and I have never felt one iota of chemistry between Sarah (Maslany) and her child.  Never.  Although I did feel a slight whiff of something between Kira and the father.  It's all been the greatest strain on the show as far as I'm concerned.  (I wasn't all that hepped up on the Allison/Donnie kids, either, but they weren't so crucial to the series.)

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, dampfire said:

HELENA’S JOURNAL (poorly) TRANSLATED [by someone with the handle elle18she/her on a site called punk rock no]:

(Big thanks to google translate!!! Italicized are the parts I’m least confident are correct.)

“But they are their own people. I have no control over that. What form they take. Their health, the shape of their noses they appear, then they will be children by chance. They will heal me/her, my little miracles, they must choose that horror, and I’ve been looking for so long…How far we have come, how much road there still is. And that’s all -”

I can't vouch for it.  But it's a starting point; it's something to work with.

Thank you for posting this! :-) Helena will do anything to protect the sestras, can't wait to see her in mama bear mode once her two little miracles are born. 

Glad to see I'm not the only person who is not a fan of Kira. I had always hoped her father would take her out of town. For good. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was able to overlook it a lot more in the first season because she was obviously hired to look cute and have a passing resemblance to Sarah. Now that they've given her more acting to do, her lack of skill is more apparent. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't pull a switcheroo and recast in between seasons. Even with her expanded role, she doesn't have enough lines to really need to hire someone new for the last season.

ETA: In her defense, it's hard to play an all knowing child who senses things. And it's hard to play the rebellious child that she currently is without seeming bratty. That's on the writers, so I can't fault her for that.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was able to overlook it a lot more in the first season because she was obviously hired to look cute and have a passing resemblance to Sarah. Now that they've given her more acting to do, her lack of skill is more apparent. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't pull a switcheroo and recast in between seasons. Even with her expanded role, she doesn't have enough lines to really need to hire someone new for the last season.

ETA: In her defense, it's hard to play an all knowing child who senses things. And it's hard to play the rebellious child that she currently is without seeming bratty. That's on the writers, so I can't fault her for that.

True. Also, what I actually thought about that has been mentioned before is that this show is all about body autonomy and having control over your own body. In this show's case, there's a lot of instances where the clones are not in control of their own body. Kira doesn't have autonomy with her own body as well. She's also a kid who has her mother and other family members trying to protect her by not telling her anything or downplaying the seriousness of their situation. She's still a young kid so she doesn't need to know everything, but I think when it comes to herself and the strange things that she's experienced, she does deserve somewhat of a say. Her rebelling is less about being bratty for me and more of her wanting control over her own body, much like the clones want. 

Skyler Wexler is not a strong kid actress, but most kids aren't all that great. Even if the acting isn't there, the story is there and I'm glad they're touching on Helena, Sarah, and Kira's abilities. 

• Love 5

The brattiness I was thinking of was when she refused to talk to Sarah and then later asked Mrs. S when Sarah was coming home which made me roll my eyes, but that kind of behavior is realistic. Kira has more serious reasons for acting that way (as opposed to other kids her age who act like that over stupid things like not getting as much screen time as they want). Although I understand the reasoning behind Sarah's decisions has been to protect her family (mostly Kira but her sestras as well as Felix and S), it's hard to blame Kira for wanting to have a normal life. She isn't really asking for a lot. She is tired of fleeing and hiding. She wants to stay put, go to school, have friends, etc.

Under normal circumstances, I think that there are some things that kids shouldn't need to know about at a young age (for example, I don't think a six year old needs to be burdened with all of the realities that their parents deal with) but in this case I think that Kira is ready to know more about the specifics of what is going on because it directly affects her and she deserves to have a bigger picture than "there are some bad people in the world." In Sarah's defense, I think that she has done a good job of protecting Kira from knowing too much of the nitty gritty while still explaining some of the things she needs to know without scaring her. The time jumps we've had were all pretty minor so how old is Kira supposed to be now? I think it was easier to keep Kira in the dark when she was younger because kids just accept their circumstances. But once she got old enough to go to school and see how other kids are, she began to realize that she is different and some of the things she and her family have been through are not normal, so it's not surprising that she wants to understand what makes her different. It doesn't seem much different than adopted kids wanting to learn about their birth parents. Kids are naturally curious and inquisitive under regular circumstances, and they're also trying to figure out who they are so something that affects their identity is going to loom even larger. That's why Kira deciding to take a knife to herself to see if she will heal quickly like the mouse isn't at all surprising.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The time jumps we've had were all pretty minor so how old is Kira supposed to be now?

I know Alison talked to Ramon in this episode about how "last year Alison wouldn't recognize herself" so it's probably about a year. Helena got pregnant way back in season 2, so only eight months or so have passed since then. And I believe Kira was about eight in season 1, so she's probably supposed to be about nine or ten. 

Actually, thinking about it in that sense, Sarah only reentered Kira's life in the last year or so. Up until then, Kira had been living with Siobhan while her own mother took off for almost a whole year. The kid has some serious issues, and I don't blame her. 

• Love 11

Most problems I had so far with Kira were writing problems.  The show has always been a bit nebulous about Kira and her abilities - we know she's psychic and there has been at least one instance of precognition and of course she has Wolverine healing. We also have seen Kira act in a manner that implied maturity beyond her age: When she recognized Allison who stood in as Sarah but played along.  When she bonded with Cosima and when she took matters in her own hands and pulled her tooth while Ma and Dad were having an argument outside the caravan. But then she reverts back to being a confused child acting out like any normal kid would do in her situation.

We know almost nothing about her inner life, her thoughts and feelings - and yet she's a key character but one that feels at times more like a prop because she's not been given a real voice. Well until now - but it's still not much of a voice. If she really wants to understand who she is and where she is coming from why isn't she asking Rachel or Sarah or Mrs S tons of questions? Top of the list: 'What happened to MK?' We're supposed to think she's curious but all we've seen so far is one act of rebellion and some pouting, plus creepily staring at a mouse.

• Love 7

This was probably my favorite episode of the year, probably because Allison is my favorite, and I love her and Donnie and their Desperate Housewives antics. Usually their plots are comic relief, so it was nice to see them getting something more dramatic (even with some additional wackiness) and Allison coming to terms with what she did to her best friend due to her paranoia. I'm glad they came back to that, it was a pretty big moment for Allison, and it hasn't really been brought up much. Donnie and Allison singing together just hit me right in the feels.

I also like how Allison called Rachel out for thinking of her as useless, especially considering its something that I think several fans have said as well. I hope she comes back in time for the finale. She might not be a scientist or a con artist or an assassin, but she's ridiculously resourceful, and can be super fierce in need be.

I was kind of rooting for Art to blow the brains out of his smug, awful partner, but I'm glad he didn't. He would have ended up feeling awful about it, even if it solved some of his problems in the short term.

• Love 6

I am so upset Alison is leaving. She and Donnie provided some much needed comedy to the show. I'm afraid the writers didn't know what to do with her though, what she could do to help the sestras.  I have to keep reminding myself that though the character is leaving, the person playing her is still with us.  

It was pretty uncomfortable watching both Alison and Donnie make fools of themselves with the drugs and alcohol.

On 6/26/2017 at 10:04 AM, Captanne said:

The actor is just scrumptious.  He's also in The Murdock Mysteries (a Canadian staple.)  He plays a secondary constable.  (There is Detective Murdock and his wife, the medical examiner.  Then there is a main constable who is his friend.  I've forgotten his name.  And the Chief who is a Scotsman.)  ANYway, "Donnie" plays the second constable.  (There is a third, minor constable, too.)

The actor is fantastic with anyone in any cast I've ever seen.  He's very generous and adaptable. 

He also plays a creepy rapey doctor in an episode of Handmaid's Tale. :)

• Love 1

Kira is unavoidably a key problem in establishing that the entire series has taken place over the course of a year, as the actress is now nearly twice the age she was at the start. Recasting would been distracting, and quite strange in a series where so many other characters are played by the same person.

I suppose they could have made each season occupy a year of time, though it may have cut down the furious pace. It's a bit like 24, where so much happens, you can't believe that something you saw 22 episodes ago actually happened last night, and Kiefer Sutherland hasn't even been to the bathroom since then.

• Love 4

-It's the Alison Hendrix tribute hour. That means substance abuse up the wazoo. Past and present.

-Bringing Chad/Aynsley in feels like Season 5's first big move towards finality. They were part of the plotline twist from Season 1 that left the largest impression.

-Frontenac's condescendingly up-front. But he's clueless if he thinks MK the uncooperative death wish clone was more of an asset.

-Cosima turns out to be the one less ready for what she walks into when Alison/Cosima meet. I'd be perplexed by someone willingly wearing a nose ring, high or not.

-Alison's tears don't do much here when she's never met or seen MK. Follow-up in honoring MK feels a bit wonky in an episode from Alison's perspective.

-Well he just rever-ended that fun little idea. God is why we can't have nice things.

-Leekie is a plagiarist. Maybe Helena should have cleaned that paper cutter.

-With all these catty women, all I can think about is where Sarah Stubbs is to be Alison's defense wagon.

-Those children are empty and withdrawn and Chad seems like a changed man now. Alison's rehab plot would be strengthened if she had to encounter this back in S2.

-Matty sure likes making quips at Donnie. Auntie Rachel got Kira a pet mouse. Sarah poses in her most natural state possible.

-Apologies to Ramon for the rat accusations, although he's a filthy enabler. Also don't understand how college got replaced by party supplying. But Kellerman doesn't have a snowball's chance of schmoozing Alison after this, which means I can check off a Jason return.

-Aynsley being the philosophical advice MVP. We were all wrong about her.

-You'd think it'd be easier for Matty to pin them without needing to plant fake evidence. Stupid cheater. However, Hendrixes could've bought a larger carpet.

-Was it all that necessary to put Rudy in the concrete too? This is the first they've mentioned he's sharing Leekie's space. No S4 scene had them drilling him a spot.

-I know some people thought Kira would mutilate the mouse, but I always read that as self-cutting. She could survive a meteor though so these are low stakes.

-Her telling Chad the truth now would be too much baggage to unload and neither would feel any better. Donnie killed the real person at guilt.

-Donnie not only has fine Scottish dancing, he has a large penis. Appreciate how this paralleled Alison falling off the stage, since he fell backwards.

-You've done it now, turkey neck. Maybe worry about someone's health before gossiping aloud.

-Fantasy glimmering Aynsley. Bailey Downs is beneath her heart. Lmfao yanking him under.

-"Found the squishy". Yeah, you should get up close and personal with that squishy.

- "Not that I've paid much attention to it". "You probably wonder why my sisters even bother with me". Alison vs. Rachel. 

-Rachel was shaking as much as when Sarah shot right past her. Hilarious way to pronounce "garage". Donnie undid one of Rachel's only acts of kindness.

-AlisonxHelena. "This isn't our problem, it's yours". Haha, Rachel is too much of PT's bitch to jeopardize her standing in an Evie Cho-like fashion.

-Matty doesn't know the first thing about close calls. I hope Art doesn't regret what could've been his only chance to catch her off guard. It's sad to see the Hendrix garage storyline be buried but at least they got a free disposal unit.

-"I should like to put my hands around your neck and squeeze". "Then we're not so different, you and I". Aw, they found common ground. :P

-Alison is going to find her purpose. We probably won't get a road trip episode from her, but when she gets back in 4-5 episodes, I expect some enlightenment.

-No mountain can keep us away from Helena and her soon to come focus episode. Diary of a Serial Killer. <3

• Love 1

One last observation. As of this episode, Delphine is now the only one to not know the real circumstances behind Leekie's accident.

I wonder if Cosima or Rachel will remember to mention it to her.

Should be an interesting reaction considering she was shagging him and often admired him like a puppy.

Ideally it causes her to vengefully turn on the clones and Cophine goes up in smoke. 

42 minutes ago, AftermathTV said:

One last observation. As of this episode, Delphine is now the only one to not know the real circumstances behind Leekie's accident.

I wonder if Cosima or Rachel will remember to mention it to her.

Should be an interesting reaction considering she was shagging him and often admired him like a puppy.

Ideally it causes her to vengefully turn on the clones and Cophine goes up in smoke. 

Doubtful. Delphine always seemed creeped out by Leekie to me, and she bailed on him for Cosima long ago.

Just now, madam magpie said:

Doubtful. Delphine always seemed creeped out by Leekie to me, and she bailed on him for Cosima long ago.

Leekie was her favorite person in the world. Can you pull up a scene that actually demonstrates Delphine once being sketched out by him?

Her violence towards Rachel in S3 was definitely fueled by that "heart attack on a jet" excuse that Rachel fed her.

(edited)
2 hours ago, AftermathTV said:

Leekie was her favorite person in the world. Can you pull up a scene that actually demonstrates Delphine once being sketched out by him?

Sure: In the car when she tells him Cosima made a pass at her, in the hotel when he kisses her neck, her face when he makes the comment about being careful about playing for the other team. Then there's the scene in the restaurant when Leekie "spontaneously" joins Delphine/Cosima for dinner. Cosima goes on about how Delphine should go out with him, and Delphine looks embarrassed and says he's too old, but she seems to agree with Cosima that "his brain is sexy."

Since the creepy scene in the hotel room, my take has been that Leekie and Delphine had an inappropriate/slightly sexually harassing relationship, but that Delphine respected his intellect and thought he was one of the less dangerous Neolution devotees. She was freaked out about the heart attack story because she didn't buy it and thought Rachel was killing off Neolution people, i.e.: if Rachel will have someone like Leekie killed, she's totally unhinged and dangerous and Cosima/Delphine/the clones/etc. aren't safe at all. I think Delphine is super excited by the scientific theory of Neolution, but doesn't like the manipulation, danger, or lack of body autonomy re: the Leda clones. But that's mostly because she unexpectedly fell totally in love with Cosima. It all became very personal for her, she had a face and soul attached to what Neolution was doing, as opposed to it being just detached scientific study. Her violence toward Rachel (you mean pushing on the injured eye, right?) was because Rachel is the one who took Cosima from her via that trip to Germany and the promotion.

I've trusted Delphine for a long time, and don't doubt her loyalty to Cosima at all. From where I sit, every choice she makes is an effort to help or protect Cosima (primarily) and the Leda clones as a group (secondarily). She's also absolutely turned on by the science. My guess is that she'd be shocked and maybe even a little relieved to know what really happened to Leekie, but that it wouldn't affect her relationship with Cosima or dedication to the clones at all.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 4

Felix's comment about Donnie had us scratching our heads.  'The weirdest people get one.'  

The only thing we could come up with was that Donnie was really excited to dance.  But that doesn't make sense either.

6 hours ago, LadyArcadia said:

Felix's comment about Donnie had us scratching our heads.  'The weirdest people get one.'  

The only thing we could come up with was that Donnie was really excited to dance.  But that doesn't make sense either.

His penis

On 7/18/2017 at 2:29 PM, LadyArcadia said:

Before I came here and saw people interpreting it as a comment on the size of Donnie's penis, the wording ("get one") caused me to think maybe Felix was referring to something like a piercing or a tattoo. Because those are things that it makes sense that someone would be surprised that someone like Donnie would make the decision to get. Physical endowment isn't something you choose so the comment made more sense to me my way.

• Love 2

This felt like old-school Orphan Black but with the almost-nostalgic tone it also felt like an homage to it as well. Outside of the crazy cults and corporations and clones, this used to be a show about ordinary people having to deal with the extraordinary and this episode really honed in on that.