Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Trust

• Start Topic

Three couples married as strangers less than four weeks ago, and the reality of married life is starting to set in. All of the couples are struggling with issues surrounding trust.

6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I LOVE that grey & white throw blanket Anthony & Ashley are sitting under.  Wonder where they got it .. HOme Goods?

I was thinking the same thing! Wasn't this filmed in August? Their AC must have been on high if they were sitting under a blanket. 

• Love 1

Cody and Danielle are pretty awkward together. 

How does Cody have no idea when the wedding is? Did he not get an invite? It makes no sense to me. 

• Love 9

So, I guess washing dogs, making a "to do" list and grocery shopping is a manly thing?  Cody forgot the wedding time .. She might have a breakdown over that, ha ha.  Get the invitation and look at it already.  Danielle makes a big deal over everything. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

How does Cody have no idea when the wedding is? Did he not get an invite? It makes no sense to me. 

Don't get it on here until later but if he is like some people about that stuff it doesn't surprise me. I have to be the one to remember all the details for parties, doctor appts, getaways and stuff. My husband is terrible at remembering that stuff so I have to remind him of things a few times leading up to it or he may forget. I have known others that way too. Then throw in things like moving on top of it and your own wedding/honeymoon and he may have misplaced the invite. Who knows...heck we moved back in Jan and the weekend we got the keys for our place was the same weekend my 15 yr old and I were doing a 10k. Then when we had started signing papers for the house to begin things we had a 10k going on during that time too. Plus I had to go to the doctor to make sure I wasn't having some medical issues during it all (was stress causing it). My brain was frazzled from everything since I had to handle everything and was the go between with info for the house. So I can see how one can forget things easily when in the middle of their own stuff. If I had one more thing thrown in that mix I don't think I would have remembered it at all. 

4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So, I guess washing dogs, making a "to do" list and grocery shopping is a manly thing?  Cody forgot the wedding time .. She might have a breakdown over that, ha ha.  Get the invitation and look at it already.  Danielle makes a big deal over everything. 

I'm taking it she made a big deal over it and will over anything because she is not into being married to him. Probably figures if she nitpicks anything and everything he will want to end things so she doesn't have to. 

• Love 7

A 30th birthday party or a wedding? You go to the wedding. Wtf?!? How would she even think that they can go to both? A wedding is usually a nearly whole day affair. 

• Love 9
(edited)

So Ashley? I feel like she is SO high maintenance.  Anthony cant say anything without her reading into it.  I loved them together but her crazy is starting to show.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I was wondering that too. He kept acting like he had to ask someone about the time and I was like "Just look at the invitation!" And if he lost it or something, my God, fucking text the groom or bride and find out! Or look it up - lots of people have wedding websites now.

Is Danielle's friend who is turning 30 the same one who is dating Cody's brother? If so, she is a ROUGH 30.

I wouldn't change my name in this situation until we were like a year in and I could be more sure we were good for the distance. Like, don't even ask me about it, it's a no go for a while.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

IMO They are better if they don't. She isn't into him and I don't think he is really that into her either. 

Yeah, at this point I agree, there is no chemistry between them. Cody is trying too hard to be a good husband and I feel he's not acting himself, he's playing a role and it's stressing him out. 

As far as remembering what time an event starts, the wedding, I'm used to guys having no clue until the last minute. I handle all our events, appointments, etc...Mr. Straycat is told what's going on, what time to be home, etc...because, well, he's a guy. 

It seemed like the 'art project' was producer driven. Let's see if Cody is manly enough to work a power tool. I felt bad for him.

at this point it looks like Anthony and Ashley will be ok. And Nate and Shelia will be ok if his Mother isn't around much. I know she has a mothers concern for her son but she's very negative. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Is Danielle's friend who is turning 30 the same one who is dating Cody's brother? If so, she is a ROUGH 30.

If it is that one I wonder if she is really 30 or even in her 30s at all if its not the same friend? If so I agree its a VERY ROUGH 30. LOL

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Yeah, at this point I agree, there is no chemistry between them. Cody is trying too hard to be a good husband and I feel he's not acting himself, he's playing a role and it's stressing him out. 

As far as remembering what time an event starts, the wedding, I'm used to guys having no clue until the last minute. I handle all our events, appointments, etc...Mr. Straycat is told what's going on, what time to be home, etc...because, well, he's a guy. 

It seemed like the 'art project' was producer driven. Let's see if Cody is manly enough to work a power tool. I felt bad for him.

at this point it looks like Anthony and Ashley will be ok. And Nate and Shelia will be ok if his Mother isn't around much. I know she has a mothers concern for her son but she's very negative. 

Yes!  You got it.  Cody is a guy, and that's how they are.  Cody should throw himself on the floor and be a doormat already.   This woman is a pain in the butt .. She wants everything her way or else she gets mad.  What about what he wants?  He hasn't asked for one thing yet because he's too busy pleasing her.  This will never work IMO.    Danielle is looking for the perfect guy.  Lots of luck.

• Love 12
(edited)

No payoff sex for Cody after dressing spiffy in his pleather jacket, Dansing lessons and fancy dinner out????

Agreed... Cody's become her lap dog.

Danielle now has 3 doggies.

But only one obeys her every command...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 13

I understand Danielle,  because she's trying to avoid getting stuck in a marriage like the one I had. I chose the meals, I made the vacation plans, I fed the kids, I fixed the plumbing,  I called the electrician,  I painted the walls.  Perhaps she's seen that kind of marriage, and knows she doesn't want it.

54 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes!  You got it.  Cody is a guy, and that's how they are.  Cody should throw himself on the floor and be a doormat already.   This woman is a pain in the butt .. She wants everything her way or else she gets mad.  What about what he wants?  He hasn't asked for one thing yet because he's too busy pleasing her.  This will never work IMO.    Danielle is looking for the perfect guy.  Lots of luck.

Couldn't agree more.  It's easy to stand by and judge everything someone else does.  Cody should tell her to get lost, maybe that's what she thinks is manly.  If she knows what she wants she sure doesn't verbalize it very well.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That's how he is. Men are not a collective. Even if you are going by averages, I don't know many guys that would have this issue. Sorry I just don't like people being lumped into one mold. People are people. Plenty of women that can't be bothered with keeping track of that stuff. 

At the end of the day, there is no actual excuse for the whole time thing. You are busy? You have a minute to find out the information. Maybe call someone the day you are lounging on the couch instead of going out.

Ashley and Anthony both do those things I find very tiring. Ashley reads into so many things with a negative or worried view and Anthony is afraid to Rock the boat. Both things can be tiring over time. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 5

So all a guy has to do to impress Danielle is take her to a sushi joint she wanted to try? Classy guy she says and a few seconds later as she gets up is pulling her shorts out of her ass. LOL Could she REALLY tone down her checks? They are shiny pink and its just to much. Another excuse from her on why they didn't have sex....no surprise there. She isn't into him and should just tell him. I don't think it would hurt him really because I don't think he is feeling it and is getting that vibe she isn't into him.....heck she sure isn't giving off a vibe that she is. I can see them as friends though and I bet if they just discussed it, left it at friends, they would both be more relaxed and not looks so awkward too. Does anyone else find her board a bit much? I get putting things down to see when its things like a wedding, party type stuff but it seemed like it was every little damn thing. OMG If she judges him because of a drill she is stupid. There are men that don't do that stuff but it doesn't make them less a man. Seems he is doing a lot to prove himself with all he is taking care of. Especially dealing with her out of control dogs. That whole thing over the friend's wedding....how about its not she is upset over that but its she is pissy because she isn't into him at all and its frustration coming out on it all since she hasn't been honest about it from the get go. 

pepper shut the hell up because no one needs to hear from you on a marriage and sex. UGH Really trust is a word I don't care to hear from pepper's mouth or any of the "experts" really. I would never trust them in a million years. 

Anthony and Ashley are cute! Still rooting for them. The whole thing with Ashley saying she worries he isn't telling her the whole thing stems from rachel and her damn crap last week IMO. That seed of doubt was planted and has grown. UGH I think if they just talk though they could work through all that and over time that would go away. Especially when she is seeing that he means what he says and there isn't anything else there. Them in the furniture store was kind of funny and cute. His humor on things at times was a bit like my husband can get at times.  

Nate and Sheila, that talk with calvin sounded to me like she has a good concern that he doesn't want to be there but at the club instead. Yet that gets shoved to the side of course and she is suppose to ignore it all. Which I get not turning it into a big thing but she has a right for concern to since she doesn't know him well enough yet to fully trust him. And especially after that talk they had just had about him in the clubs alone. Still major side eye to him though. I'm just not seeing it with them still. Sorry but she is so damn stupid with changing her name that soon. If that is really what she did, SMH. Its just way to damn soon. Taking his last name doesn't equal vulnerable. I am so lost on that who bs with Nate and his mom. It was so sliced and diced that I have no clue what was really said at all and was going on aside from her upset. Thanks editing room for the super crap job there. SMH

1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

This is very superficial,  but Sheila has some gorgeous clothes.

This shows we all have different tastes because there is a lot of what she wears I think is unflattering for most women to wear. Her strapless stuff is one of those things. Nothing is being supported at all so its not flattering and always looks like its slipping down too. 

• Love 8

So after the hot date with Danielle and Cody, she says she was too tired to have sex when they got home? Wha? She acts like an old lady. A passive aggressive old lady. 

I don't like Ashley. She has an attitude. She sure made it clear in the furniture store that she didn't like anything Anthony liked. She has a bossy side to her and I didn't like that she was bringing up again the issue with keeping her name. You talking to a sales clerk in the furniture store about that shit? Just shut it already about that. 

• Love 9

Angie is the rode rough, put away wet bridesmaid banging Charlie, Cody's 24 year old brother.

Courtney, Danielle's bestie since they were 6 years old is having the birthday party that conflicts with the wedding.

Danielle is pissed at Cody because she's been asking about the wedding info ever since the honeymoon, a month ago and he's been blowing off texting the groom for the info.

He waited until the week before to finally get the wedding info(she's had to ask him 10 times) and it definitely conflicts with the birthday party.

Cliff hanger...what will Danielle do?

Go to the wedding pissed with Cody or go solo but happy to the birthday party?

Danielle at this point is just looking for reasons to be disappointed in Cody and avoid having sex with him.

Cody's vocal fry was at its most annoying...approaching Kloe Kardashian level...in this episode.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I understand Danielle,  because she's trying to avoid getting stuck in a marriage like the one I had. I chose the meals, I made the vacation plans, I fed the kids, I fixed the plumbing,  I called the electrician,  I painted the walls.  Perhaps she's seen that kind of marriage, and knows she doesn't want it.

That kind of marriage can work -- most of the time -- if you have something else going on.  My late husband was clueless about the logistics of day-to-day life.  (I now know that he had a brain disease which contributed to this.)  I wrote the checks.  I hired the contractors.  I did the painting.  I took the cars for service and took the cats to the vet.  Now some of this was because I was used to being on my own and had a fear of giving up my independence, and because my husband used to live in an apartment with a leaky roof and he and his roommate didn't pay the electric bill till the power was turned off.  So he was more than happy to turn it all over to me and I was more than happy to do it.  We had fun together and were weird in the same way and it worked.  However, there were times, particularly after I got my current job which is more demanding than any I'd had before, when I needed him to step up to the plate and he just wasn't able to do it.  

In a case like Danielle and Cody, where they don't know each other, and Danielle seems to want a "take charge" guy while Cody is a bit of a mama's boy, I don't see how this can work.  It's clear that they were matched on "owns a gym/dietician" and nothing else.  I find Danielle more annoying than Cody because a) she won't train her dogs; and b) she seems to get her idea of "manly man" from mass media more than anything else.  But Cody is even more laid-back than my husband was, and would drive even ME insane.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't like Ashley. She has an attitude. She sure made it clear in the furniture store that she didn't like anything Anthony liked. She has a bossy side to her and I didn't like that she was bringing up again the issue with keeping her name. You talking to a sales clerk in the furniture store about that shit? Just shut it already about that. 

I thought that sales clerk was a plant. "Is that your married name?" Such a natural thing to ask. Not.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I thought that sales clerk was a plant. "Is that your married name?" Such a natural thing to ask. Not.

Definitely a plant. Who asks that?  Only the most intrusive cashier lady, and why would she need a name if they're only getting a breakfast tray.  You ring that shit up and you walk out the door.

This show could really be 30 minutes with all the rehashing they do and 8 minute commercial breaks.

Cody and Danielle: just get off my screen, I don't care about you.  You're boring.  Stop talking about the same damn issues about leadership and sex and all of that.  I don't care.  Danielle, you know you don't want to shit, so get of the fucking pot already.  Cody, dude, it's a drill, it's not that complicated!  

Nate? What the fuck with the socks and flip flops.  I am surprised he left his home like that.  Is all his casual clothes filled with holes?  I know it's a thing with the young'uns, but I don't get it/get off my lawn.  He really is immature, and it showed in the yoga scene.  I've been to things where I didn't really believe in what they were doing, but I managed to not have to stifle laughter because I was respectful of what they were doing although it wasn't my thing (I hate yoga btw).  I agree with Sheila and the club thing.  If you need to go to the club three times a week and your friends are the type who act as though they are single at the club, don't ask me to trust you.   

Ashley? So what if he didn't enjoy the pedicure?  He said he would do it again. She didn't do the kayaking with a smile on her face.  I know the non-experts have put doubts in her mind, but chill. There definitely seems to be some behind the scenes shenanigans to make them seem more complicated then they really are. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Danielle just has high standards and a very specific idea of how a man should act. 

For example, she wants to get on a city bus one morning and find out there's a bomb on it and she has to keep it above 50mph after the driver's been shot or the bomb will explode. And she wants to marry the SWAT officer who helps her through the ordeal and saves her life. 

Happens everyday.

UnlinedFatalCurlew-size_restricted.gifc84fb0a3a68319036eae4cd304e31cd3.gif

Edited by Drogo
GIFfage.
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, roseslg said:

Definitely a plant. Who asks that?  Only the most intrusive cashier lady, and why would she need a name if they're only getting a breakfast tray.  You ring that shit up and you walk out the door.

This show could really be 30 minutes with all the rehashing they do and 8 minute commercial breaks.

Cody and Danielle: just get off my screen, I don't care about you.  You're boring.  Stop talking about the same damn issues about leadership and sex and all of that.  I don't care.  Danielle, you know you don't want to shit, so get of the fucking pot already.  Cody, dude, it's a drill, it's not that complicated!  

Nate? What the fuck with the socks and flip flops.  I am surprised he left his home like that.  Is all his casual clothes filled with holes?  I know it's a thing with the young'uns, but I don't get it/get off my lawn.  He really is immature, and it showed in the yoga scene.  I've been to things where I didn't really believe in what they were doing, but I managed to not have to stifle laughter because I was respectful of what they were doing although it wasn't my thing (I hate yoga btw).  I agree with Sheila and the club thing.  If you need to go to the club three times a week and your friends are the type who act as though they are single at the club, don't ask me to trust you.   

Ashley? So what if he didn't enjoy the pedicure?  He said he would do it again. She didn't do the kayaking with a smile on her face.  I know the non-experts have put doubts in her mind, but chill. There definitely seems to be some behind the scenes shenanigans to make them seem more complicated then they really are. 

Laughing my ass off.  Hysterical post .. And true.

• Love 4

Ashley was annoying. She wants truth (no you don't smile doing things you don't want to do), she gets truth, she doesn't like truth. Anthony is trying not to but is still walking on eggshells around her highness.. at least that's the edit they're getting.

Nate's scene with his mom was heavily, & choppily, edited.

I wouldn't change my name for someone who says he'll always be there then hits the clubs with his player friends. Again could be the edit but seems ridiculous - he hasn't proved himself trustworthy yet.

I was exhausted just watching Cody do all those chores... agree humbleopinion, she's at least got one of her pets trained.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Angie is the rode rough, put away wet bridesmaid banging Charlie, Cody's 24 year old brother.

Courtney, Danielle's bestie since they were 6 years old is having the birthday party that conflicts with the wedding.

Danielle is pissed at Cody because she's been asking about the wedding info ever since the honeymoon, a month ago and he's been blowing off texting the groom for the info.

He waited until the week before to finally get the wedding info(she's had to ask him 10 times) and it definitely conflicts with the birthday party.

Cliff hanger...what will Danielle do?

Go to the wedding pissed with Cody or go solo but happy to the birthday party?

Danielle at this point is just looking for reasons to be disappointed in Cody and avoid having sex with him.

Cody's vocal fry was at its most annoying...approaching Kloe Kardashian level...in this episode.

I think Danielle is everything that is being said about her on this page. I think Cody is a mama's boy, pussy that I never need to hear speak again. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Agreed... Cody's become her lap dog.

Danielle now has 3 doggies.

But only one obeys her every command...

I haven't watched this episode yet- but this post cracks me up because I can see it happening.  Makes me feel like I know Danielle personally.

But the truth is, the producers seem to be taking a tiny trait and/or flaw and building a storyline around it.

• Love 1

C & D - I think she has a "mans man" in her mind.  Probably a cross between Charles Bronson and John Wayne.  Of course that kind of person ( if existed) wouldn't be attracted to her.  If she keeps telling Cody that she wants a mans man, he had better buck up - what do you think that would do to a younger man.  Plus, she will not age well.  She is demanding, unfeminine, and pushy.  Wedding: at least Cody knew which day it was. he probably planned on spending the day.  according to other posters, she has known what day the wedding was since the honeymoon; couldn't she have rescheduled the bday dinner?  Weddings usually last all day

I also wish the powers that be would pick couples that don't say " me and_____"

A&A - they were fine until Rachel dropped in.  I think Anthony doesn't push because he wants to see the entire picture.  Wonder if the sister is really as bad as edited.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      S & N - looked like his conversation with mother was edited all over the place.  words and pictures didn't match at all.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, JAndy said:

A 30th birthday party or a wedding? You go to the wedding. Wtf?!? How would she even think that they can go to both? A wedding is usually a nearly whole day affair. 

If it was a day wedding it may have been over by 5-6 pm and she could still attend her best friends 30th.

She was not happy that Cody sprung this surprise wedding on her which he said he RSVP'd to prior to even meeting her, and included her.

Which isn't to say she has to go, he can bring a friend or his brother and adjust the invite by notifying the bride and groom.

However they are married, and I really think the big issue here is they don't talk about anything!  They are so awkward, I have visions of Sean and Davina here.

Edited by MV713
BRIDGE IS NOT BRIDE
  • Love 6
(edited)

He's not catch, but I'm growing tired of Danielle. She's not into him, she should say so instead of criticizing every breath he takes. He's not a catch but I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Any good qualities he might have are buried because through judging him she brings out all of his insecurities. Of all the three women, she too me is the most high maintenance one.

Edited by Agnetha
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Probably so. I still don't like her attitude, though. We get it Ash, you're a big time feminist. 

4 hours ago, roseslg said:

Nate? What the fuck with the socks and flip flops.

I know, right?. Reminds me of the old men you see at the beach here in Florida with the tennis shoes and knee high socks, and shorts. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

What's with that?  You'd hope a producer would say, "Great Cody, let's get another take without sounding like one of the women on the Bachelor."

If Cody wants to be the manly man Danielle's looking for, the power move would be to tell her to go to the birthday party - then take another woman to the wedding.  Showing a woman how easily she's replaced is as alpha as it gets.  The bro needs me in his corner.  I'd have women everywhere hating him, yet being strangely attracted. 

I still love Ashley.

Nate looks like he's acting for the cameras.  Nothing he says sounds genuine to me.

• Love 3

I believe Danielle and Cody should spend a day apart. She can go to her friend's birthday party, he can go to the wedding.  They aren't going to be together in six months,  so why should one have to miss out on a good time with friends who WILL be there six months down the road. .

2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Probably so. I still don't like her attitude, though. We get it Ash, you're a big time feminist. 

I don't think not changing one's name is a feminist action. I mean, I 100% do not care what Ashley or any other married person does with their last name - why would I, it has nothing to do with me or my life - but you can not change your name AND not be a feminist. I don't think Sheila should have changed her name YET, just like I don't think Nate should have given up his apartment. It's about timing, not the name itself.

I think it's bonkers for Anthony to be this pressed when they met last month. He's made his point. IMO they should table the name issue for at least six months. I guess they can't talk about the fact that they might get divorced on TV? (I don't think they'll get divorced, but still. If they stay married she has years to change her name.)

The only thing that I wonder about re: Ashley and Anthony is the fact that they work different schedules. I've seen couples break up when one works at night/weekends & the other during the day because they don't see each other.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Ashley was annoying. She wants truth (no you don't smile doing things you don't want to do), she gets truth, she doesn't like truth. Anthony is trying not to but is still walking on eggshells around her highness.. at least that's the edit they're getting.

This 100% ! Listen, Anthony, buddy, as long as you like what Ashley likes, have a baby when Ashley wants a baby, support her when she says it's ok to, choose the furniture she likes, all will be ok in your relationship. I don't see one single bit of compromise with her. Oh, and for the record, I couldn't drag my husband to get a pedicure with me if his life depended on it. No big effin' deal. I could care less. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

I don't think not changing one's name is a feminist action

I agree with this. What I meant was that Ashley is putting it out there that it's not modern to take your husbands name. She said that last night. It's a personal decision but she is making it more of a modern 21st century thing to do, the independent thing to do. I don't give a rat's ass who keeps their name or not, it's her attitude about it that I find annoying.  I will put to rest my Ashley rants for now since my last 3 posts have been about what a phony I think she is, it's just that last night really did it for me. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, MV713 said:

I DONT THINK ANYONE MARRIED TO A STRANGER AFTER 3 WEEKS SHOULD BOTHER CHANGING THEIR NAME!

After a year, ok...

I don't know, I certainly don't think they should change it (and I understand Ashley's reasoning) but sometimes I also hate how they use the stranger argument to explain why they don't want to do certain things. Like hey you, you married a stranger and know you are starting to act all coy about it?

• Love 6

The convo with the cashier was a little sketchy but there was an entire camera crew there so it's not like it was ever going to be a normal transaction.

I'd have more hope for A & A if she was wasn't so terribly insecure. She took one comment by Rachel (which was simple advice based on Ashley's own admissions) and blew it up volcano style. Stop fixating, Ashley! On the positive side, Anthony has his "Yes, dear" script down pat so maybe there is hope for them, as long as he doesn't mind walking on freaking eggshells every day for the rest of his married life.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, roseslg said:

Nate? What the fuck with the socks and flip flops.

I am so anti this stuff BUT my son does it and so do his teammates. It is only because they play basketball and you do not wear your basketball shoes outside so you show up in sandals and your socks are already on so you only have to switch to your basketball shoes once inside. As well as an easy off with the shoes and sandals on when done. Nate said he had ugly feet (sorry but everyone's feet are ugly IMO..they are feet after all) so I am guessing that is why he did it and since he knew he would be taking his shoes off its easier to slip those off than sneakers that might have made his socks stink. 

1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

Nate looks like he's acting for the cameras.  Nothing he says sounds genuine to me.

Agree. He always sounds like he is on and willing to say the right things for his own purposes. I wouldn't trust him at all. 

1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

I believe Danielle and Cody should spend a day apart. She can go to her friend's birthday party, he can go to the wedding.  They aren't going to be together in six months,  so why should one have to miss out on a good time with friends who WILL be there six months down the road. .

I thought that as well. I don't know when she had found out about the birthday party but he knew about the wedding before their wedding and accepted with his plus 1. Yet I don't think she wants to bother so I'd just be honest and tell her go to her friend's party have fun while he has fun at the wedding. They obviously aren't going to make it even to the end of the 8 weeks for this show so what is the point of even bothering going to these things with each other. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

This 100% ! Listen, Anthony, buddy, as long as you like what Ashley likes, have a baby when Ashley wants a baby, support her when she says it's ok to, choose the furniture she likes, all will be ok in your relationship. I don't see one single bit of compromise with her. Oh, and for the record, I couldn't drag my husband to get a pedicure with me if his life depended on it. No big effin' deal. I could care less. 

IMO Its how its being edited to look at this point. Honestly I wouldn't like the furniture he was picking out either. No one is going to 100% agree on things like that. My husband and I can be pretty opposite on things like that a lot of times. Considering they were just looking and not really buying anything I don't think it matters if they don't agree on it all. Its one of those things that if they were to have a bigger place he would be able to get his "old man" chairs (as he called them) and put it in his own space. Yet its not like they would have bought one to put in that tiny space they are in right now. As she said last night, he is the one bringing up the baby topic more than she does at this point. He even was pointing out a crib. 

43 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

I don't know, I certainly don't think they should change it (and I understand Ashley's reasoning) but sometimes I also hate how they use the stranger argument to explain why they don't want to do certain things. Like hey you, you married a stranger and know you are starting to act all coy about it?

I agree but I also think it depends on what it is too. Changing the last name at this point in this situation is a bit stupid though IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

The convo with the cashier was a little sketchy but there was an entire camera crew there so it's not like it was ever going to be a normal transaction.

I'd have more hope for A & A if she was wasn't so terribly insecure. She took one comment by Rachel (which was simple advice based on Ashley's own admissions) and blew it up volcano style. Stop fixating, Ashley! On the positive side, Anthony has his "Yes, dear" script down pat so maybe there is hope for them, as long as he doesn't mind walking on freaking eggshells every day for the rest of his married life.

I don't think he is walking on eggshells. I think he just is one of those that understands some things are better said at different moments depending on what is going on at the time and who is around. It makes sense. I can imagine we all have times we would like to talk to someone and bring a certain topic up but may realize its not a good time too because of the person's mood in that moment. Walking on eggshells would be more like never bringing up those things at some point and avoiding talking about anything that could cause issues. I don't see him doing that at all. 

That exchange with the cashier was totally scripted. No one talks like that at all to people. Its just odd. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Agree with Evil Queen. I don't think Anthony is walking on eggshells, I think he's just choosing his battles. With that said, I don't consider Ashley as difficult. Everyone acts like she's this spoilt princess, but she seems very self-sufficient (was holding down a full-time job that had her working until 3AM, was living on her own) and tried to focus on the good in Anthony from the jump rather than getting hang up on how he's not conventially attractive or how he makes less than her. She does have a few quirks, so what, so has he probably. If the gender roles were reversed, the gorgeous and attractive male would never put up with the unattractive out-of-shape female. In the Aussie version, one of the grooms treated his wife like dirt because she had a few pounds too much (she was still attractive and not even really overweight). She seems happy with him and it's not like she's sending him to Rome to get her a slice of pizza, she just likes a few words of reassurance which isn't that outlandish a need in a marriage. I found Sonia and in this season Danielle much more demanding.

Edited by Agnetha
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Walking on eggshells would be more like never bringing up those things at some point and avoiding talking about anything that could cause issues. I don't see him doing that at all. 

That exchange with the cashier was totally scripted. No one talks like that at all to people. Its just odd. 

They need issues with them, since I don't think there's much to work with there for drama. She has given him some 'tude, though it might be scripted. Even though I'm still finding her a bit annoying, I think they are the best couple they've come up with yet - which is why I still think they may have known each other prior. Maybe it's because I refuse to credit the 'experts' for anything that's working out LOL.

7 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

I found Sonia and in this season Danielle much more demanding.

Oh holy crap yes!  They should just give Danielle a whip already; Cody's toast with her.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Oh holy crap yes!  They should just give Danielle a whip already; Cody's toast with her.

I don't get why she was so eager to get married (and at first sight at that). Probably another of her beloved 'adventures'. I mean don't get me wrong, it's mostly the experts' fault for mismatching them, but I don't like how she uses Cody as an outlet for her frustrations. He's in the same boat as her - he probably had envisioned himself with a different kind of woman as well - but I don't see him trying and testing her around every corner. It's getting uncomfortably close to bullying. We get it, he's not what you've asked for and you won't spend the rest of your life with him, so just leave him in peace for the last few weeks instead of torturing him with some expectations of what a manly man should act like. He's inexperienced and not very worldly, but he seems like a nice enough guy and shouldn't be put through the wringer for something (= this 'match') that isn't his fault.

Edited by Agnetha
  • Love 10