Type keyword(s) to search

Baywatch (2017)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

On 12/8/2016 at 0:08 PM, JessePinkman said:

What the fuck happened to Zac Efron's face?

I love Dwayne Johnson so I'll definitely check this out at some point in the next 5 years.

Huh, I did not notice his face at all... how odd... 

The Rock is the best.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Steroid Jaw, I'd imagine. It started getting really prominent around the time he filmed Dirty Grandpa.

More HGH, but yes, the same thing.

I don't know, on paper his body is amazing, but he just looks so miserable.

I assume this was born out of the success of 21 Jump Street.  

On 12/13/2016 at 11:10 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Steroid Jaw, I'd imagine. It started getting really prominent around the time he filmed Dirty Grandpa.

If I didn't know that he's younger than me, I would have thought he was about 35. He's starting to pay the price for all that tanning. The idea that he should have reprised Linc for Hairspray Live just seems really, really laughable now.

I'm just shocked. I thought he looked great in Mike and Dave as well as Neighbors 2, but he just looks like he's starting to go overboard.

Edited by methodwriter85
On 12/13/2016 at 11:10 AM, Bruinsfan said:

While you can definitely see the negative effects of HGH (facially and his overly veiny body), his face mostly never recovered from when he fell and broke his jaw a few years ago.

Anyway, I feel like this film is in the same vein as the 21 Jumpstreet films, so between that and my like for The Rock I probably will see this... eventually.

Edited by Sticker Shock

Call me old fashioned but my only problem with that trailer is the amount of swearing that will be appearing in the movie.

For me, the best adaptation of any tv show that played it straight while being tongue in cheek is the original Brady Bunch Movie. It walked the right balance between nostalgia and appealing to the modern crowd. This one seems to think putting swearing in will make it hip and modern.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

Call me old fashioned but my only problem with that trailer is the amount of swearing that will be appearing in the movie.

For me, the best adaptation of any tv show that played it straight while being tongue in cheek is the original Brady Bunch Movie. It walked the right balance between nostalgia and appealing to the modern crowd. This one seems to think putting swearing in will make it hip and modern.

I agree. I'm not a prude, but I can't believe the language that's allowed in trailers these days. 

Baywatch looks like one of those movies I'll catch OnDemand when I'm bored on a Friday night. I wouldn't pay $10.99 to see it in the theater.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2017 at 11:43 AM, BitterApple said:

I agree. I'm not a prude, but I can't believe the language that's allowed in trailers these days. 

I believe it's technically a "Red Band" trailer, meaning that it's intended for audiences at R-rated movies.  I am surprised that the MPAA card wasn't included.

• Love 1

What a piece of crap this movie is.  It couldn't decide if it wanted to be a comedy or an action adventure, and it succeeded at neither.  And boy did they snigger at juvenile jokes.  Especially about male body parts.

The only saving grace for this movie was how beautiful Priyanka Chopra (and her wardrobe) was.  Give her a good movie to be a bad guy in, please?

I guess The Rock likes working with Alexandra Daddario.

• Love 1

Yeah... I also it because I will watch all things Dwayne Johnson, and I figured that him, the nostalgia factor, and starring at Alexandra Daddario and Priyanka Chopra would be enough to make this film at least stupidly entertaining.  But I think I only maybe chuckled or laughed twice?  It really did feel like the film couldn't decide what it wanted to be, and it was tonally out of wack, and basically everything was underwhelming.

Surprisingly, I thought Zach Efron was funnier then Dwayne... probably since his character was the one who kind of pointed out how dumb half of the stuff was.  Although I did get a big unintentional laugh when Mitch says something about how the squad is "family", because Dwayne Johnson characters sure are all about the family!

The women characters were just eye-candy of course, but I actually thought Kelly Rohrbach was a standout, despite not having the resume that the rest have.  It could have even been a breakout performance, if this film was actually any good.

Victoria Leeds was underwritten, but Priyanka Chopra seemed more comfortable in that role then she ever was on Quantico.  Being a villain seems to work better for her.

Even the cameos from the original stars were pretty lame.  Hell, Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 used David Hasselhoff better then this film did.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Surprisingly, I thought Zach Efron was funnier then Dwayne... probably since his character was the one who kind of pointed out how dumb half of the stuff was.  Although I did get a big unintentional laugh when Mitch says something about how the squad is "family", because Dwayne Johnson characters sure are all about the family!

I'm not surprised.  Zach Efron was really, really funny in Neighbors.