Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Toil and Trouble, Part 2

• Start Topic

I am really excited about this upcoming finale. I hope the writers don't disappoint. So many exciting storylines to deal with. I am thinking we will be left with a major cliff-hanger to worry about all summer long.

1. Will Bella be found? The Dubois family is a major force to be reckoned with.

2. What is Andre's endgame? How will that play out? Will he attempt to kill his father?

3. Lucious and Guiliana. How does this story playout?

4. Will Inferno be a successful show? How will that affect Jamal?

5. Anika is getting blamed for Tariq's murder?  Will that hold? What will Lucious do with his mama and Tariq's body?

6. Will Lucious and Cookie finally get together?

The suspense is real. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

DAM9TiyV0AAw9hW.jpg

• Love 2

Mama Walker with her senses and tricking Boo Boo Kitty in using the letter opener was GOLD.

The family scene near the end was so sweet and it was nice that for a small moment, they were a family.

Then a car blew up,  he's in a coma, Demi Moore is seducing him while he's out, he wakes up and has amnesia.   Well, it beats having ALS.

Oh show, you never fail to amuse me.

I loved the songs tonight to the point that I will download this season's soundtrack.  Like the season, I enjoyed the music a lot more than last year.  Nice going, Ne-Yo! 

• Love 7

I am glad that Lucious has amnesia. I found his magical turn around into a loving person this episode to be unbelievable. I don't want Cookie with him.

So none of the Lyons asked Andre how he knew about the bomb? I thought both Hakeem and Jamal took it way to calmly Andre being in charge. Too much personality change for me.

I cannot believe that the Dubois are still plotting. I will miss Derek as Jamal's love interest.

I cannot feel any sympathy for Anika. She had it coming after what she did to Rhonda.

• Love 8

Good grief, amnesia? I thought that was too contrived a twist even for soap operas. The rest was wonderful.

I didn't get why Leah insisted Anika use the letter opener until now. Duh!

I thought things were too rosy for too long and it was just a matter of time until something awful happened. But it was sweet while it lasted to see "When Cookie Met Lucious" a hit, Jamal back performing, Hakeem happy, Bella safe, Lucious and Cookie lovey-dovey, Vanessa out, and Andre getting recognition from his dad.

I'll be interested to see Jamal with that DuBois singer/lawyer.

• Love 5
(edited)

I started the episode feeling a bit bad for Anika that Mama Walker was setting her up. But once we found out that she was in cahoots with the Dubois, I was rooting for Leah to take her down. 

The Dubois are diabolical. I can't believe they sent that guy to sidle up to Jamal. 

Lucious with amnesia is going to be so so fun.

Barry and Michelle. Ha! Oh, show I love your meta commentary. Also, was Charlotte's husband named Mitt? Too funny.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 9

Phylicia Rashad, Xzibit & Rumer Willis have been excellent additions to Empire's ensemble.

Eva & Nia had solid, if unspectacular, turns; and even Taye Diggs has been halfway decent.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

The Dubois are diabolical. I can't believe they sent that guy to sidle up to Jamal. 

I knew he was gonna be a DuBois as soon as he started making eyes at Jamal.

And I howled at their little diabolical family meeting because Diana totally knew Jamal's taste & thottish tendencies. lol

Edited by Dee
  • Love 8

That was great!

Wasn't Angelo supposed to be good, now he's having Jamal be a mark? Jamal was always on his side. 

LOL I can't imagine Lucious not being Lucious, so him with amnesia will be fun to watch. Unless the first second of the season premiere, is "gotcha" and he starts laughing. 

I liked the When Cookie Met Lucious show, we don't see Terrance sing enough. 

Cookie's "that bitch is finally gone." I think was real! lol 

3 months later, wonder if Anika is still in jail. 

So Hakeem lied to his family about the Dubois's having Bella. Why?

• Love 8
(edited)

Grandma Leah telling Anika to use the paper cutter and it dawning on me what she was doing actually made me say "Oh, shit!" out loud.  Man, that is one scary lady!  Leslie Uggams is the gift that keeps on giving.  I have no idea how Anika will get out of this one, especially since Lucious will likely not remember what actually happened.

So, in the end, Lucious really was playing Giuliana, partially for payback for what she did when they first met and also because he truly loves Cookie and his sons.  Normally, I would say that she is likely waiting in the wings to be an advisory for the future, but knowing all the behind the scenes drama, she'll probably be gone for good.  Granted, I'm indifferent about that since she ended up not being that impressive.

Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson still have some of the best chemistry in the business, but I'm still iffy about any kind of reunion, because the Lucious/Cookie relationship has been so toxic, that I can see them ever being healthy, no matter how much they really seem to love each other (even Lucious), in their own twisted way.

Thrilled that the DuBois family are going to continue to be a thorn in the Lyons side.  Diana and Phylicia Rashad have been a highlight this season, and I can't wait to see more of her (still hoping they get a scene between her and Leah/Uggams.)  I do agree with her that they shouldn't underestimate the Lyons, although I still laughed at Angelo saying Jamal will be an easy mark, because as much as I love him, that is kind of true when it comes to his love life.  But I'm curious to see what they are going to do with Hakeem under their thumb (granted, they picked the most unpredictable and illogical Lyons son to deal with, so good luck to them.)

Trai Byers did a great job when Andre was "given the keys to the kingdom."  I do wonder how he explained away how he knew about the bomb, or they just never got around to it.  Noticed that Lucious said he drew up a contract with Thirsty, so I guess he was told what really was going on?

Heh, not only is Barry, Cookie's former boyfriend, doing well for himself as a doctor, he married someone named Michelle.  I guess Lee Daniels didn't have the pull or money to actually get the Obamas to play them!

Glad they didn't just end the episode with the explosion and play some silly "Is Lucious dead or not?" thing, but him having amnesia is a bit predictable by soap standards to say the least.  And what is going on with Demi Moore being a over-touchy doctor?

Overall, while maybe not quite enough to top the first season, this was vast improvement compared to the last one, and Empire is back to being one of the most hilarious, crazy, entertaining soaps, that still features plenty of great music, great acting, and heartfelt moments.  No complaints here!  Hope they keep it going.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9

Excellent finale with so many twists and turns I had no idea what was going to happen next. Great writing.

Well, didn't anyone get TOTALLY FREAKED OUT seeing Tariq's body wrapped up in that bed or whatever it was? And why the heck is Leah still roaming around in that house? You would think Lucious would have locked her up by now. What in the world? OMG!!!

I was shocked Leah still had the sound mind to trick Anika into using that knife she stabbed Tariq with. So is Leah really crazy or is she just diabolical? That woman freaks me out.  She set Anika up in a smart way which leaves me wondering about Leah's real state of mind; sane or insane???

I was stunned when it was revealed that Anika was in cahoots with the Dubois. She knew all along where her baby was and was involved in the plot from the very beginning. Her acting when her baby was taken was phenomenal. Crying hysterically when you know what the heck is going on? Anika needs to die. Cookie beat up poor Angelo for nothing. The poor guy knew nothing about all this but it seems like he is going along with the family plot now..LOL!! How are the Dubois going to use Hakeem in this game plan? This is twisted.

It was a very good surprise how Lucious turned on Guiliana (Bye bi@tch!!) and got back with Cookie. He really does appreciate the fact that she went to jail for him. That was touching. The big surprise was Jamal performing "when Cookie met Lucious". That was awesome. Somehow, during all this, I had that fear/worry that Cookie's reunion with Lucious was not going to last. It seemed too good to be true, and it was.

Jamal needs to stay away from relationships. It was a shocker that it was a Dubois performing "Born to Love you" for Jamal. I bet you they all know Jamal's weakness and if he falls for this guy, he is in for another world of hurt. SMH!!

Andre, Andre, Andre, all that work for nothing. His reaction when Lucious handed him the keys to the kingdom was priceless. What to do now? He couldn't reign in Shine and his goons. This should be a huge lesson for Andre.

The car explosion was a shocker and I am happy they didn't end it there as someone mentioned before. Lucious's amnesia turns out to be the best plot twist ever. Demi caressing him in that manner was something else. That's supposed to be some kind of therapy? Cookie's reaction to all of that was priceless..LOL!!! Now Lucious knows no-one and nothing at all? He will not remember his mother or anyone else. What happens next???

I felt this finale was well put together with a lot to look forward to next season. S1 finale was a little over the top for me but this was grounded with storylines that made sense and set up S4 very well. A very good reset if you ask me. Great work. 9/10

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Margohill said:

Jamal needs to stay away from relationships. It was a shocker that it was a Dubois performing "Born to Love you" for Jamal. I bet you they all know Jamal's weakness and if he falls for this guy, he is in for another world of hurt. SMH!!

The irony is that Diana picked the wrong Lyon Brother to seduce.

While Jamal is hot to trot and a romantic at heart, he's also quite vindictive.

Warren is eventually gonna genuinely fall for him, and Jamal is gonna break his heart.

33 minutes ago, journalism16 said:

But I definitely hope Hakeem does not get caught in their (the Dubois family's) web of deceit

Diana assumes because Hakeem's young and hot tempered, he's easily manipulated; but he's the wiliest and most unpredictable of the Lyon Brothers, and she currently is in possession of something he greatly values.

It will be poetic justice if/when he takes her down.

• Love 7

I don't understand how Hakeem could agree to play along with "fake-ass Clare Huxtable" when he'd just found out that she'd kidnapped his baby and Anika had been in on it the whole time. Why didn't he go straight to the police? Because he didn't think they would take him seriously due to his bad-boy rapper reputation?

Lucious is a monster and I don't believe he's capable of loving anyone but himself. "I did all this with Guiliana for you" - yeah, right. Who wants to bet his amnesiac ass is going to take up with creepy Dr. Demi Moore next? Cookie needs to get over him once and for all.

I loved the little "Barry & Michelle" joke, but it was kind of jarring to see normally dressed people amid the glamour of Empire - it's like they walked onto the wrong show. I mean, Anika looked more glamorous eating room service than those two did on a night out in Vegas. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Margohill said:

Excellent finale with so many twists and turns I had no idea what was going to happen next. Great writing.

Well, didn't anyone get TOTALLY FREAKED OUT seeing Tariq's body wrapped up in that bed or whatever it was? And why the heck is Leah still roaming around in that house? You would think Lucious would have locked her up by now. What in the world? OMG!!!

I was shocked Leah still had the sound mind to trick Anika into using that knife she stabbed Tariq with. So is Leah really crazy or is she just diabolical? That woman freaks me out.  She set Anika up in a smart way which leaves me wondering about Leah's real state of mind; sane or insane???

I was stunned when it was revealed that Anika was in cahoots with the Dubois. She knew all along where her baby was and was involved in the plot from the very beginning. Her acting when her baby was taken was phenomenal. Crying hysterically when you know what the heck is going on? Anika needs to die. Cookie beat up poor Angelo for nothing. The poor guy knew nothing about all this but it seems like he is going along with the family plot now..LOL!! How are the Dubois going to use Hakeem in this game plan? This is twisted.

It was a very good surprise how Lucious turned on Guiliana (Bye bi@tch!!) and got back with Cookie. He really does appreciate the fact that she went to jail for him. That was touching. The big surprise was Jamal performing "when Cookie met Lucious". That was awesome. Somehow, during all this, I had that fear/worry that Cookie's reunion with Lucious was not going to last. It seemed too good to be true, and it was.

Andre, Andre, Andre, all that work for nothing. His reaction when Lucious handed him the keys to the kingdom was priceless. What to do now? He couldn't reign in Shine and his goons. This should be a huge lesson for Andre.

The car explosion was a shocker and I am happy they didn't end it there as someone mentioned before. Lucious's amnesia turns out to be the best plot twist ever. Demi caressing him in that manner was something else. That's supposed to be some kind of therapy? Cookie's reaction to all of that was priceless..LOL!!! Now Lucious knows no-one and nothing at all? He will not remember his mother or anyone else. What happens next???

I felt this finale was well put together with a lot to look forward to next season. S1 finale was a little over the top for me but this was grounded with storylines that made sense and set up S4 very well. A very good reset if you ask me. Great work. 9/10

Lucious put it all together when he compared Andre to his grandmother when he gave him the office keys -- both being bi polar, crazy off the meds but brilliant and able to put together all the chess moves well ahead of their opponents when they are in their right minds......

• Love 3

This episode was the first time I noticed how much TPH has been bleaching her skin. She was never particularly dark and she's always been gorgeous so I can't understand why she'd do that to herself.

I'm guessing the producers of this of show have been paying Marvin Gaye's family in order to avoid copyright infringement lawsuits. Yet again, Jamal's song at Leviticus had Marvin's signature sound all over it.

Dang, the DuBoises are totally high-class gangstas and are about to run a honey pot scheme on Jamal. Are the twins Angelo's siblings or children?

Mama Leah is just sane enough to drop the hammer on Boo Boo Kitty and pin a murder rap on her. Anika doesn't know what hit her except maybe some karma for killing Andre's wife and baby. Oh well,  when you lie down with dogs...

What does it take to kill Lucious? He has more lives than three cats. Meanwhile, Demi Moore must have one of the best plastic surgeons in the business. She looks amazing.

Excellent season. Empire finally got its groove back and you could tell that the cast knows it.

• Love 3

I’m confused about a thang or two….first of all, why in the bluedilly hell was Boo Boo Kitty with the DuBoises with regards to Bella?  Is she in cahoots with them against the Lyons?  And since he ‘knew it!’, WHY didn’t Hakeem bring cops with him when he followed her?  And why didn’t he tell Lucious/Cookie where he was when he was briefly reunited with Bella?

Clutched the pearls at the DuBois relative that sang to Jamal in the club…never saw that coming!

Very touched at Lucious’ declaration of love to Cookie, finally….unpopular opinion here but I like them together.

Dang but Tre Byers has a sick body!  Boo Boo Kitty’s a lucky woman.

Finally, what the Botched has happened to Demi Moore’s face?  She looked like Courtney Cox’s crack headed sister.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Dang but Tre Byers has a sick body!

Between the deliberately undersized shirts and skin tight slacks, the show is well aware of Andre's tremendous.....gifts.

Not that I'm complaining.

• Love 9

They keep putting all of these really cute men in Jamal's orbit, but he can't seem to hold on to any of them. Phillip dumped Jamal and Jamal dumped Derek. Now a really sexy DuBois man is eying him.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

That was great!

Wasn't Angelo supposed to be good, now he's having Jamal be a mark? Jamal was always on his side. 

LOL I can't imagine Lucious not being Lucious, so him with amnesia will be fun to watch. Unless the first second of the season premiere, is "gotcha" and he starts laughing. 

I liked the When Cookie Met Lucious show, we don't see Terrance sing enough. 

Cookie's "that bitch is finally gone." I think was real! lol 

3 months later, wonder if Anika is still in jail. 

Hakeem lied because they are blackmailing him, for Bella return..

• Love 3

Oh my God, as soon as Lucious opened his eyes after walking up, I was like "Its amnesia, isn't it? They're actually going to Go There" and than they totally did! Its so cheesy and soapy and I love it. This season has fully committed to its Dynasty roots and its all for the better. Now, can we PLEASE get Cookie to shove someone in the pool next season?

I thought this was an awesome finale to a really good season, that actually managed to recapture the glory of the first season. Its still not as good as the first season, which managed to combine soap opera hijinks and actual social issues, but this was still a really fun season.

I'm half convinced that Lucious figured out that his family was planning something, and acted super nice to get them to back off their attacks. I mean, I do think Lucious loves Cookie and his kids as much as he's possible of loving anyone, but his first priority is always going to be himself, and I hope Cookie and the kids never forget that. I admit it though, I did smile when Lucious said that Cookie was the love of his life and he showed that he was playing her album. Damn charming bastard.

Damn, those DuBoises are sneaky! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the twins, and the guy whos honey trapping Jamal, he was all kinds of hot. Also, love that they basically called Jamal easy! Poor guy.

I felt bad for Anika for a second, but than I remembered what she did to Rhonda and her and Andres baby, and I didn't feel bad for her anymore. Karma is a bitch Bo Bo Kitty. But damn Grandma is all kinds of crazy. Hell, she might be more diabolical than crazy, which makes her even more dangerous.

Even the music was better this season! I really liked Jamals song, and I actually think the Rumor Willis song was a series highlight (of course I'm a huge Amy Whinehouse fan), and I generally felt like the whole season had more focus.

• Love 5
(edited)

This was a great episode. I loved the scene in which Lucious handed over control to Andre. I totally bought it, hook, line, and sinker. Maybe it's because I'm about the same age as Lucious and Cookie (well, a little older) and my husband and I are talking about retirement. No, we can't travel around the world or buy our own island, but...life really is short and there comes a point, for many people, when you re-prioritize. I do agree with everyone who's said that Lucious and Cookie have a toxic past - of that there's no doubt. And Lucious has done some truly vile things to his own children. And in turn, the brothers have hurt each other, too. But I think everything Lucious said was heartfelt. I wasn't sure, for a moment, if Andre was going to try to stop the plan, and I am very glad he did. He has suffered greatly - and that suffering has gone unacknowledged. I really didn't want him to kill Lucious, so I'm glad he had a change of heart. 

OMG - Charlotte's husband's name - Mitt! And the son's name - Brigham. How very Morman! That was hilarious. Loved Barry...and Michelle!!! How great was that?

So, what do you think was done with Tariq's body? I'm sure Thirsty had it all taken care of. Will anyone notice he's gone?

I gotta say...I don't like Grandma Leah. I just don't. She's way too mean, almost bordering on evil. OTOH, Boo Boo Kitty isn't exactly a good girl either. 

I'm nervous as to what Hakeem is going to have to do for the DuBois family. This won't be good...but for heaven's sake, I hope he has told or will tell Thirsty what happened. Tell someone!!! 

Poor Jamal. Maybe somehow Handsome Twin (I didn't catch his name) will truly fall in love with Jamal and not be able to go through with the plan to destroy the Lyons one by one. 

Well, they left us with a lot of cliffhangers, and I'll be happy to pick it right back up come fall. 

Edited by Biggie B
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm happy Empire topped the season far better than all the other TV shows. The ratings went up again which is really great. It has bounced back and the ending left a lot to look forward to next season.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, SimoneS said:

I am glad that Lucious has amnesia. I found his magical turn around into a loving person this episode to be unbelievable. I don't want Cookie with him.

Lucious having amnesia just threw everything up in the air. This means that poor Cookie can't go around singing about spending 17 years in jail for him. What a bummer!!! That's all forgotten now. . . LOL!!!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, SimoneS said:

So none of the Lyons asked Andre how he knew about the bomb? I thought both Hakeem and Jamal took it way to calmly Andre being in charge. Too much personality change for me.

I'm thinking that in S4, they might address how Andre feels about the bomb and what his brothers thought about how he knew. That must have taken place in that "3 months" period that elapsed before they showed us Lucious in a coma in the hospital.

Jamal and Hakeem obviously know that Andre was the most qualified to run Empire so I am not surprised that they just complied with Lucious's wishes without questioning or complaining. Beside they each have had their turn so it's Andre's turn now. 

10 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Clutched the pearls at the DuBois relative that sang to Jamal in the club…never saw that coming!

I didn't see that coming either. The Dubois must have studied Jamal very well to know what melts his heart. Smart move. I hope Jamal uses his head this time. Becky might be the one to figure this guy out for Jamal. She was there and saw him serenade Jamal. SMH!!

1 hour ago, iheartET said:

I’m not going to lie, my stomach had knots during Jamal’s performance and Luscious’s. I was SO worried Luscious was going to get shot.

That was the whole thing with that plotline. I kept on thinking that some innocent person will be the one hurt by the bomb. Anything could go wrong and I had a feeling that Lucious would sneak out of it. I was surprised by how it went down.  I felt tense during the whole time they were in that casino because I was worried someone would be killed.

Edited by Margohill
  • Love 2

Anyone else hollering at Cookie "Make the call! MAKE THE CALL!!!!!!!" while Jamal was singing?

On 5/24/2017 at 9:59 PM, mtlchick said:

Demi Moore is seducing him while he's out, he wakes up and has amnesia

I wonder if Rumor will be back for some mother-daughter time.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:03 PM, NowVoyager said:

I see you Lee Daniels! Yes, we should all be well-educated, hard-working & loved up like Barry & Michelle! ?

How did I miss that?????  Sooooooo awesome!

On 5/24/2017 at 11:01 PM, Artsda said:

Devilish Diana DuBois told him he had to do what they say in order to see Bella.  It really didn't work for me but I can hand-wave it.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Margohill said:

Jamal and Hakeem obviously know that Andre was the most qualified to run Empire so I am not surprised that they just complied with Lucious's wishes without questioning or complaining. Beside they each have had their turn so it's Andre's turn now. 

And the show has continually emphasized that, despite Lucious initial feelings, artists are ill suited to run Empire.

Hakeem and Jamal's preoccupation with keeping the ship afloat, on the business end, during their respective CEO tenures, caused their art to suffer. A lesson Lucious had already learned.

Andre doesn't have that baggage, thereby making him the ideal heir apparent.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think I can blame Jamal for his heart melting. This is the third gorgeous chocolatety man in a row that the show has placed in his path. The guy was bow legged too which is even more of a turn on IMO. I personally love a bow legged black dude. It makes you think he's really got something going on "below the belt" if you know what I mean. By the way, the handsome DuBois man was played by singer/actor Terrell Carter, who is supposedly gay in real-life. He was allegedly outed several years ago by an ex-boyfriend. Make of this what you will.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 3

There's an old soap opera trick regarding amnesia: sometimes, a character who's suffered amnesia recovers his/her memory, but purposely doesn't let on that it's returned. Keeping it a secret in turn allows other characters to tell the supposed amnesiac all sorts of things they wouldn't normally divulge, or do things they wouldn't do otherwise. This might not have relevance in Lucious' situation, and I do assume that he'll get his memory back in due course - but not after a lot of grief and aggravation beforehand!

• Love 6
On 5/26/2017 at 0:13 AM, jhlipton said:

Anyone else hollering at Cookie "Make the call! MAKE THE CALL!!!!!!!" while Jamal was singing?

I wonder if Rumor will be back for some mother-daughter time.

How did I miss that?????  Sooooooo awesome!

Devilish Diana DuBois told him he had to do what they say in order to see Bella.  It really didn't work for me but I can hand-wave it.

I bought it lol.  I really want to see Claire Huxtable ordering Hakeem around.  He kinda is like the Vanessa of the Lyon family.  And we do need Cookie tossing someone in a pool next season.  Will it be Claire Huxtable that she tosses for messing with her favorite?  Or Dr Demi Moore for going after Lucsious?

• Love 4

Great finale. Lucious with amnesia, that creepy Nurse Claudia and the duBois continuing to go after the Lyons.

Should've guessed that Anika would be in on it with Bella and they've got Hakeem right where they want them too.

Of course Jamal's new honey would be mixed with the DuBois as well.

Loved Leah framing Anika for Tariq's murder. She's an evil old so and so but Anika's had it coming as well.

Some nice Cookie/Lucious moments and of course when his plan was coming into action, Andre would get the keys to the kingdom and a change of heart.

Will not miss Giuliana one bit, good riddance, 9/10

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, darkestboy said:

Should've guessed that Anika would be in on it with Bella

I could never have guessed that with a million chances. Anika cried hysterically when that baby was taken from her house. Again at the table when the Lyons confronted the Dubois, Anika demanded for her baby to be returned to which Mrs. Dubois replied that they had nothing to do with her baby being taken. There was nothing about their interaction/body language that could have revealed that they even knew each other especially as you could sense the hostility in the room. Well played Anika, and great acting. It'll be interesting to see what happens next especially as Hakeem is now a pawn in their game. He is a loose canon and could go off on them anytime.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, Biggie B said:

This might not have relevance in Lucious' situation, and I do assume that he'll get his memory back in due course - but not after a lot of grief and aggravation beforehand!

What better time to have the right person have the keys to the Empire. With Lucious's amnesia, at least Andre has the knowledge and skill to run the company effortlessly, if his family doesn't fight him for it. Jamal or Hakeem were a mess and needed help from their parents to run the company. Andre has all the business savvy to do the job.

I would like to see Becky and Porsche featured more often than they have been in S2 and S3 because they really are great actors and are a thrill to watch. Demi Moore seems like a good addition but less guest stars and better stories for the main characters will be better for the show IMO.

Edited by Margohill
  • Love 1

Andre is gonna need just as much assistance from his parents as his brothers did.

He certainly has the intelligence and savvy to make sure everything runs smoothly on the business side, but he'll certainly need to be guided on the creative end, which is where his Mom will come in handy.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Margohill said:

What better time to have the right person have the keys to the Empire. With Lucious's amnesia, at least Andre has the knowledge and skill to run the company effortlessly, if his family doesn't fight him for it. Jamal or Hakeem were a mess and needed help from their parents to run the company. Andre has all the business savvy to do the job

The only issue is that Lucious did not get a chance to sign any papers giving Andre the position, so I think newly woken Lucious will give Andre and Empire a hard time, maybe due to the weird relationship he developed while in a company with Dr. Moore.  She may play puppeteer with Lucious until he gets his memory back.

(edited)
12 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

The only issue is that Lucious did not get a chance to sign any papers giving Andre the position, so I think newly woken Lucious will give Andre and Empire a hard time, maybe due to the weird relationship he developed while in a company with Dr. Moore.  She may play puppeteer with Lucious until he gets his memory back.

Well, the question is, "will Lucious even remember that he has a company?" That will be quite a selective memory if he could remember that he owns Empire and nothing else. It will be quite chaotic if the family has to run around with poor Lucious remembering nothing. The nurse (Demi) might take advantage of him and who knows what she might try to get him to do?

His mama and Thirsty will be very confused and lost if he doesn't remember any of them.

12 hours ago, Dee said:

With Anika headed for the slammer, Becky may get her chance to be Head of A&R next season.

I'm hoping that Andre or Cookie makes Becky the head of A&R. She has worked very hard to earn it and knows the job.

Edited by Margohill
22 hours ago, Margohill said:

I could never have guessed that with a million chances. Anika cried hysterically when that baby was taken from her house. Again at the table when the Lyons confronted the Dubois, Anika demanded for her baby to be returned to which Mrs. Dubois replied that they had nothing to do with her baby being taken. There was nothing about their interaction/body language that could have revealed that they even knew each other especially as you could sense the hostility in the room. Well played Anika, and great acting.

I wonder if they told Grace Byers that Diane had the baby until the scene where she walks out of the bedroom...

2 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

The only issue is that Lucious did not get a chance to sign any papers giving Andre the position,

I think Lucious said that he had the papers drawn up, which meant they may be signed.  If not, I'm sure Thirsty can forge his signature.

8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I wonder if they told Grace Byers that Diane had the baby until the scene where she walks out of the bedroom...

I think Lucious said that he had the papers drawn up, which meant they may be signed.  If not, I'm sure Thirsty can forge his signature.

See, and I heard that he was going to have Thirsty get the papers together.  ?. I really don't know but I am curious about the next season.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Margohill said:

I'm hoping that Andre or Cookie makes Becky the head of A&R. She has worked very hard to earn it and knows the job.

You're totally right that she deserves it.

The Lyons, when they're not running schemes, tend to really value loyalty above all else; and Becky, more than most, is essentially an extended member of the Lyon Family, so I can't see them not promoting her, without good reason. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

See, and I heard that he was going to have Thirsty get the papers together.  ?. I really don't know but I am curious about the next season.  

Could be -- I don't recall.

The thing I loved the most about this season is that it made each and every character legible in ways they hadn't been before.

Over the years, it's often been very difficult to understand why the Lyons cling together so resolutely (especially to Lucious), when it would be healthier, for each of them, to go their own individual ways.

But this season explored the assorted relationships of all the Lyons, both the good & the bad, and the lack of judgment allowed the family to slowly turn towards the light. It wasn't always pretty and (as usual) many in their inner circle paid a pretty heavy price to facilitate their collective growth, but by admitting, and accepting, their various weaknesses, they grew stronger as a whole.

It really was kind of amazing to watch.

• Love 3

Jamal's joy over the Coucious reunion was out of character. Hakeem, sure. He wants that happy family fantasy. But Jamal? He's always been anti-Coucious.

Andre's a snake, but his horror at realizing he had to stop the bomb was well-played.