Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Champs vs. Pros: Settling the Scores

• Start Topic

Wes and Bananas' long-time rivalry comes to the forefront; former NFL players Shawne Merriman and Kamerion Wimbley lead a pick-up game of football, which escalates into drama off the field off Lolo Jones and Lindsey Jacobellis.

(edited)

Gee, Wes' and John's rivalry never comes to the forefront...oh, wait. It's been awhile though, I guess.    

I still haven't been this excited for an episode of this show in forever. Love, love this format.

Edited by Rebecca

In the words of Bill Pullman: "He did it!! Sonuvabitch did it!!!"

Yeah, the endgame involved blindfolds, and luck was a bit of a factor . . . but Wes beat Johnny. Holy shit. I did not think that could seriously happen, because the universe loves Johnny and hates Wes. Now I don't know what to think. Holy shit.

Rest of the episode was a blur. I'm relieved Punk was covered in ketchup and not blood. Double-good day for him . . . he wins the endgame and watches Johnny leave after they sparred.

• Love 8

Reason number 1467 why Lolo is annoying...she is sad that John got his ass BOUNCED.

I've never heard of a CM Punk before last Tuesday but in a verbal battle between he and John, John came off like an absolute idiot.  Who the fuck is he to talk to a pro like that?  I want to see John attempt one round in the octagon.  Ass.

I will always root for the NFL guy, even if he was a Charger and a Bill and once was suspended for four games for a drug violation, so I was very sad to see Shawne lose.  He seems very seeet.

• Love 4

Thank you Darrell/CT/Cara/Ashley for voting in Bananas. Fuck you Camilla and Ashley K! You can see the joy From ashley and Cara when they voted for him. 

Darrell was the perfect coach cause he did have the perfect strategy: go low. Unfortunately for Bananas and Shawne, they didn't listen.

• Love 6

WAIT!!!  Did anyone hear that?  I swear it was a collective cheer from the entire Challenge watching world!!! LOL :)  WTG Wes.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Reason number 1467 why Lolo is annoying...she is sad that John got his ass BOUNCED.

I've never heard of a CM Punk before last Tuesday but in a verbal battle between he and John, John came off like an absolute idiot.  Who the fuck is he to talk to a pro like that?  I want to see John attempt one round in the octagon.  Ass.

I will always root for the NFL guy, even if he was a Charger and a Bill and once was suspended for four games for a drug violation, so I was very sad to see Shawne lose.  He seems very seeet.

The funny thing about the whole situation is that Punk is, I believe, a multi-millionaire.  This is mainly because, from what I read, he does not spend his money lavishly.  Therefore, Johnny's whole argument really is dumb because the dude did accomplish becoming a millionaire.  

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Yeah, the endgame involved blindfolds, and luck was a bit of a factor . . . but Wes beat Johnny. Holy shit. I did not think that could seriously happen, because the universe loves Johnny and hates Wes. Now I don't know what to think. Holy shit.

Rest of the episode was a blur. I'm relieved Punk was covered in ketchup and not blood. Double-good day for him . . . he wins the endgame and watches Johnny leave after they sparred.

I didn't think it would happen either!  I literally SQUEEEED out loud in the middle of the gym when Wes pulled it off.  John can call luck all he wants, but he was trying real hard not to get called in.  In the words of RHofATL Porsha: giphy.gif

12 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Thank you Darrell/CT/Cara/Ashley for voting in Bananas. Fuck you Camilla and Ashley K! You can see the joy From ashley and Cara when they voted for him.

I keep forgetting Ashley K is even there, so she's not important.  But Camilla, please fuck off!  First you whine about someone being "unfair" when playing the game.  It was a timed event, so yes, anything they can do to slow you down is fair game; you're just pissed that you didn't think about it.  And then, she chooses to protect John.  Really, girl?  He's only backstabbed you almost every single time he's had the opportunity to do so.  Some of these people will never learn.

Can Jordan please get rid of that thing on his face??

Oh my god Lolo....

.giphy.gif

No one was being mean to you.  Lindsay was trying to tell you that the game was just for fun.  Y'all were playing tag football for a reason.  When the actual NFL players can take it easy, you don't have a fucking excuse.  And you're gonna miss Johnny of all people?  Le sigh....

And speaking of John....Did he really have the balls to let the words, "you have accomplished nothing in your life" come out of his mouth?!?!?!  I was seriously waiting for a bolt of lightning to come down and strike him dead.  See ya (unfortunately) next season dude.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I didn't think it would happen either!  I literally SQUEEEED out loud in the middle of the gym when Wes pulled it off.  John can call luck all he wants, but he was trying real hard not to get called in.  In the words of RHofATL Porsha: giphy.gif

I keep forgetting Ashley K is even there, so she's not important.  But Camilla, please fuck off!  First you whine about someone being "unfair" when playing the game.  It was a timed event, so yes, anything they can do to slow you down is fair game; you're just pissed that you didn't think about it.  And then, she chooses to protect John.  Really, girl?  He's only backstabbed you almost every single time he's had the opportunity to do so.  Some of these people will never learn.

Can Jordan please get rid of that thing on his face??

Oh my god Lolo....

.giphy.gif

No one was being mean to you.  Lindsay was trying to tell you that the game was just for fun.  Y'all were playing tag football for a reason.  When the actual NFL players can take it easy, you don't have a fucking excuse.  And you're gonna miss Johnny of all people?  Le sigh....

And speaking of John....Did he really have the balls to let the words, "you have accomplished nothing in your life" come out of his mouth?!?!?!  I was seriously waiting for a bolt of lightning to come down and strike him dead.  See ya (unfortunately) next season dude.

And the fact that Camilla wanted to know who awesome wanted to pick, she still went against it...fuck her.

Lolo is definitely the female Bananas; and seeing her be sad cause her "friend" got eliminated by awesome, made me want to vomit. 

The only pro I would want to see again is Louise. 

CM Pink's wife is former WWE Women's champion AJ Lee. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I hope it's zero so we never have to be subjected to Lolo again.

What is CM's wife's name?

Her name is April, she used to wrestle (& was champion) for WWE under the name AJ Lee.

(edited)

Sad, sad Bananaface gives me life.  Thanks, Wes!

However, Camila and Ashley not knowing the word ingenuity takes it away again.  Poor ol' CT, periodically just supplying the word after about every three garbled renditions.

Also amused by the Champs' assertions to the Pros that yes, they are definitely in for a gross eating challenge at some point....

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

And the fact that Camilla wanted to know who awesome wanted to pick, she still went against it...fuck her.

Lolo is definitely the female Bananas; and seeing her be sad cause her "friend" got eliminated by awesome, made me want to vomit. 

The only pro I would want to see again is Louise. 

CM Pink's wife is former WWE Women's champion AJ Lee. 

I'm chuckling at your spell check changing "Wes" to "awesome"! It took me quite a few seconds to figure out who you were talking about.

• Love 5

It's a pity this show doesn't get bigger sponsors. "Wes Bergmann! You just faced Johnny Bananas in an elimination match for the first time, and you beat him! What are you going to do now?!?" "I'm going to Disney World! Which is what I can do at anytime because I'm so well-off!!!!"

• Love 2

I'm delighted by the A+++ batshit craziness of Lolo - she is the apex of Challenge personality disorders and I can't believe she wasn't homegrown in an MTV lab, but rather is this world famous, record breaking, and (heretofore) widely respected athlete! I am clapping my hands with glee over Louise's apparent personal mission of trolling the hell out of her. So good.

• Love 10

I don't get why they keep on bringing Camilla back season after season.  She one once but she is always being billed as a tough competitor.  Yet most of the times she sucks at the challenges.  I mean sure she brings the crazy when she's drunk and she is eye candy but I am really getting sick of her being on every single damn season.  

• Love 1

The image of Johnny's face when he realized that Wes just sent his ass home from a trip where he would have been able to hang out and party with actual celebrities...  Makes everything worth it.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, itainttippithebird said:

I'm delighted by the A+++ batshit craziness of Lolo - she is the apex of Challenge personality disorders and I can't believe she wasn't homegrown in an MTV lab, but rather is this world famous, record breaking, and (heretofore) widely respected athlete! I am clapping my hands with glee over Louise's apparent personal mission of trolling the hell out of her. So good.

She really is batshit. Her behavior during the flag football was so stupid, it was for fun and she was acting like it was the Superbowl. Plus, she is sad Johnny is gone?! Girl, bye

• Love 3
(edited)

Johnny is such a sore loser. That's what makes it so great when he loses. I don't watch sports really, but I looked up CM Punk and what the fuck was Johnny yelling about him not being anybody? Dude has quite a good record - Johnny is crazy and apparently insecure around actual athletes.

And I have a soft spot for Wes for some reason, even though he makes me cringe with the things he says sometimes. He just seems more easygoing. Johnny's like a pissy little kid when he doesn't get his way.

And I agree about Camilla. What is she good for the past few seasons besides yelling? How old is Camilla anyways? She looks good but I feel like she's been on the Challenge for 15 years now. I like the old vets coming back a lot more when they've been gone for a while - like Veronica. Or when Mark Long shows up randomly every once in a while. Even Wes spaces his appearances out. I'm just so tired of seeing Johnny and Camilla every damn season. 

Edited by Ladystardust
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Ladystardust said:

And I agree about Camilla. What is she good for the past few seasons besides yelling? How old is Camilla anyways? She looks good but I feel like she's been on the Challenge for 15 years now. I like the old vets coming back a lot more when they've been gone for a while - like Veronica. Or when Mark Long shows up randomly every once in a while. Even Wes spaces his appearances out. I'm just so tired of seeing Johnny and Camilla every damn season. 

The difference is that Wes and many of the others have actual lives and careers that have nothing to do with the Challenge.  Johnny and Camilla and the others you see show up season after season *have* to show up as often as they do or they'll lose their homes and starve.  The Challenge and selling random shit on instagram are pretty much their only source of income.  It's pretty sad, when you think about it.

• Love 8
On 5/24/2017 at 5:27 AM, zenithwit said:

What is the probability that we will start seeing some of these pros on a regular season (particularly Lolo, CM Punk and Louise)?

Would be fun but this is a quick mini season.  They probably did this over a week or less because the pros would  not sign up for a full challenge season lasting weeks unless they were paid a lot.

They certainly wouldn't be holed up in a place living dorm-style, doing a lot of partying in between challenges.

As great as it was to see Johnny eliminated, it's not like there's a final challenge with big money at stake.  Most of the champs don't have the kind of money to play just for charity.  They'd probably wouldn't mind the $5000 for themselves.

Highlight for me was CT striding forward as the first pick for flag football before anyone's name was called.

Also loved CM Punk (whom I haven't really cared for otherwise) saying that he could smell Shawne since he'd hung out in ketchup for 45 minutes the day before. Enjoyed the subtitle, too, before he entered the elimination ring, where he calmly stated, "My instinct is to swing wildly." I think he kept talking after that, but the subtitle was just so matter-of-fact. 

I fell for Lolo as an athletic hero several years ago after she was the subject of an abdominal workout spread in the first copy of Runners World that I ever purchased, but as strong and beautiful as she is, man alive, she has one stinky 'tude. Reading about her background, and how many people stepped forward to help carry and support her through her high school years, you'd think she'd exude gratitude. 

• Love 1
On 5/24/2017 at 6:46 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

I may have cheered for Wes like it was the World Series.  I've never been that happy about an elimination.

Me too! I was insanely excited that Wes beat Johnny. Loved it! Johnny couldn't even congratulate him. I think something is wrong with me because I found CM Punk really hot this episode and I've never noticed him as a wrestler. Found it amusing that Johnny basically said he never made anything of himself and that he says loser. I'm pretty sure cm punk is a millionaire and Johnny never will be. Whose the loser now Johnny. 

• Love 5

I'm so freaking happy that Wes beat Bananas and sent his conniving ass home so we don't have to hear his annoying voice this season! Thank you, Wes! 

I also didn't know that Wes and Bananas have never been in an elimination before. Even though Bananas has more championships than Wes it's still so sweet for Wes to win the first ever elimination meeting between the 2. :)

This season just got a whole lot better without Bananas. :)

• Love 5

Another Lolo story - a few years ago, a young African-American girl posted a picture of herself on Twitter dressed for Halloween as Lolo, her idol, (in a track suit or something), and Lolo responded by laughing and saying the girl looked nothing like her, specifically calling attention to the young girl's natural afro hair vs. her own straightened hair. A real winner, huh?

• Love 4

Once again, as I pointed out to my 16 year old (wow, I've been watching these folks a long time!), I'm not surprised that LoLo never got further as far as endorsements/public recognition despite her athletic achievements and the attempts to get her name up in lights. She is such a miserable asshole. Everything is "unfair" or stacked against her in her retellings. She's certainly no model of Olympic work and triumph.

I cannot stand this chick, even in a "love to hate" way. She's just the bitch who would get popped in the mouth at the club for running her yap.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, Lantern7 said:

LOL!  That is exactly how I felt.  I thought for sure Wes was going to blow it and lose but he didn't.  I was rooting for Wes the whole time but I wasn't sure the universe would smile down on the challenge again and let John get beat by his nemesis. 

I did have to laugh at John's comment during the hot dog roll challenge; "You know it's a good challenge when I have my arm around Wes!"  I died laughing because it's true.  I do think John and Wes don't hate each other as much as they used to and now it's more of a "friendly" rivalry.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're really friends but I don't think the hate runs as deep as it used to and I think they both understand that they have a part to play and are enjoying themselves along the way. 

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 3

Feeling a little let down upon reflection. For one, this might not count as an official Challenge. For another, Johnny didn't get to use his asshole skills to raise money for Special Olympics. Then again, everybody knows about them, and I'm thinking their totals wouldn't be that affected by Wes.