Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

2017 The Rejected: Who Got Cut

Recommended Posts

Erica should have retired last year. She was injured, couldn't even perform and yet she got made group leader. Most of the TCCs in her group we're the ones who were cut. Doesn't look like she did a great job as leader. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I would say not. I hope we find out what really ends up happening with Erica. After Kitty got on her for bad hair, I felt like she kind of flew under the radar. To me, she was great during her solo and then just sort of faded out. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Erica should have retired last year. She was injured, couldn't even perform and yet she got made group leader. Most of the TCCs in her group we're the ones who were cut. Doesn't look like she did a great job as leader. 

Kashara did all the work for Erica's lazy ass. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone on this board actually see Erica's post that day of her drinking in the stands? Wondering if anyone has a screen shot of it for those of us who are interested in seeing it (and want to over-analyze it ?)

I guess I'm just having a hard time picturing her being told by Kelli and Judy to stay in the locker room, and then blatantly disregarding that and going into the stands and drinking. Maybe she misunderstood them? Or maybe she was rebelling because she's Team Holly? Or maybe she just didn't give a shit bc she was injured and figured it was her last year anyway? Or thought she was untouchable? Maybe she was trying to see if she could get away with it to prove the double standards?

Ohhhh DCC drama.... you make my head spin 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Did anyone on this board actually see Erica's post that day of her drinking in the stands? Wondering if anyone has a screen shot of it for those of us who are interested in seeing it (and want to over-analyze it ?)

I guess I'm just having a hard time picturing her being told by Kelli and Judy to stay in the locker room, and then blatantly disregarding that and going into the stands and drinking. Maybe she misunderstood them? Or maybe she was rebelling because she's Team Holly? Or maybe she just didn't give a shit bc she was injured and figured it was her last year anyway? Or thought she was untouchable? Maybe she was trying to see if she could get away with it to prove the double standards?

Ohhhh DCC drama.... you make my head spin 

Untouchable and competition with who da baddest? Not you Erica LOL.

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/4/2017 at 4:29 PM, NMDD43 said:

Did anyone on this board actually see Erica's post that day of her drinking in the stands? Wondering if anyone has a screen shot of it for those of us who are interested in seeing it (and want to over-analyze it ?)

I guess I'm just having a hard time picturing her being told by Kelli and Judy to stay in the locker room, and then blatantly disregarding that and going into the stands and drinking. Maybe she misunderstood them? Or maybe she was rebelling because she's Team Holly? Or maybe she just didn't give a shit bc she was injured and figured it was her last year anyway? Or thought she was untouchable? Maybe she was trying to see if she could get away with it to prove the double standards?

Ohhhh DCC drama.... you make my head spin 

I thought the same way at first  @NMDD43, just trying to think the best of her.  Unfortunately though, she definitely didn't misunderstand them as it's a known rule, lol. She knew exactly what she was doing by changing into her street clothes to go into the stands, then coming back and changing back into her tracksuit and playing it like she'd been there all along. Then when confronted, she lied.  When shown the evidence she herself created and posted on the internet, she flipped out and threatened legal action.   Kind of laughable really; she shoots herself in the foot and gets mad at everyone else.

Not one of her smartest reactions IMO. 

They didn't even have to take her to Canton considering she was injured.  So she got a free trip to the Once In A Lifetime Induction To HOF for Jerry, and then couldn't follow a couple of simple rules:

Stay in the locker room, and no drinking on company time.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/4/2017 at 3:13 PM, JayDKay said:

Erica should have retired last year. She was injured, couldn't even perform and yet she got made group leader. Most of the TCCs in her group we're the ones who were cut. Doesn't look like she did a great job as leader. 

She didn't do a great job as group leader.... I've heard the word lazy to describe Erica.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Java said:

I thought the same way at first  @NMDD43, just trying to think the best of her.  Unfortunately though, she definitely didn't misunderstand them as it's a known rule, lol. She knew exactly what she was doing by changing into her street clothes to go into the stands, then coming back and changing back into her tracksuit and playing it like she'd been there all along. Then when confronted, she lied.  When shown the evidence she herself created and posted on the internet, she flipped out and threatened legal action.   Kind of laughable really; she shoots herself in the foot and gets mad at everyone else.

Not one of her smartest reactions IMO. 

They didn't even have to take her to Canton considering she was injured.  So she got a free trip to the Once In A Lifetime Induction To HOF for Jerry, and then couldn't follow a couple of simple rules:

Stay in the locker room, and no drinking on company time.

The audacity of her to do that is just mind-blowing. Kelli and Judy must be at wits end with these girls and all the rule-breaking and general disregard for the contract. Time for them to crack the whip harder and hold girls more accountable than they have in the past. No more letting them get away with things. Look at the damage that has caused. Girls end up thinking, "well so-and-so did it and got away with it, so I can too"

 

After this season, K&J are probably thinking "Good lord I am too old for this shit" ? 

Edited by NMDD43
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

If they don't want speculation and rumors flying around, then they need to air the truth! Otherwise don't have a show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

A reminder about the forum rules: Not everyone has to agree, there is no award for consensus. As a corollary to that, no-one has to "prove" with "evidence" anything. That means that asking no asking for or demanding proof or credentials.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/8/2017 at 7:30 PM, Teresa said:

I want to know HOW y'all know for sure what down with Erica? Are you an insider? Did you see the proof?

Alot of stuff is speculation. I guess we can choose what to believe and what not to, even though people on here swear by what they say. It's really up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2017 at 3:43 PM, Java said:

I thought the same way at first  @NMDD43, just trying to think the best of her.  Unfortunately though, she definitely didn't misunderstand them as it's a known rule, lol. She knew exactly what she was doing by changing into her street clothes to go into the stands, then coming back and changing back into her tracksuit and playing it like she'd been there all along. Then when confronted, she lied.  When shown the evidence she herself created and posted on the internet, she flipped out and threatened legal action.   Kind of laughable really; she shoots herself in the foot and gets mad at everyone else.

Not one of her smartest reactions IMO. 

They didn't even have to take her to Canton considering she was injured.  So she got a free trip to the Once In A Lifetime Induction To HOF for Jerry, and then couldn't follow a couple of simple rules:

Stay in the locker room, and no drinking on company time.

If CMT was there when this went down, they really need to air it. Tasha and Selina (and numerous others through the years) got called out on tv about their weight, Holly got called out for her actions (one could read between the lines from those scenes and get that’s its implied that she’s sleeping with players), and Jenna looks like she’s headed to week 3 of embarrassment given the previews. Yet, Erica gets off without her dirt being mentioned? Not right. Hopefully they don’t bow to her threats, which seem baseless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If Erica got fired for drinking on the job and the show disclosed it, she could go after them because the employer can’t disclose why the employee was terminated. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lorimar263 said:

If Erica got fired for drinking on the job and the show disclosed it, she could go after them because the employer can’t disclose why the employee was terminated. 

This is very interesting and one of the first times her lack of screen time has made sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Stee said:

This is very interesting and one of the first times her lack of screen time has made sense. 

I kinda get that, but they show why everyone else is terminated... Whether it is weight, they don't dance with the DCC style, etc. There were definitely other cuts that have been shown in the past that are also due to insubordination and such. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, mayelynn said:

I kinda get that, but they show why everyone else is terminated... Whether it is weight, they don't dance with the DCC style, etc. There were definitely other cuts that have been shown in the past that are also due to insubordination and such. 

Agreed. The show told us when veteran Chelsea was cut/fired, it was for bad dancing and her "toxic" attitude. Or when veteran Hannah was cut, it was for weight gain and bad dancing. Both of those cuts were also during training camp just as Erica's was. Isn't that considered "disclosing why they were fired"? 

 

It just bothers me so much that they edited her out like she didn't even exist.

 

It can't be a privacy issue (to protect Erica, or show her respect), because they had no problem showcasing Caitlin LeGrands major issues, or even when Kelli dramatically talked about Courtney Cook's resignation for whatever mysterious drama was going on in her life. It is baffling why they didn't even acknowledge Erica's departure. *Especially* if it was just an injury. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Agreed. The show told us when veteran Chelsea was cut/fired, it was for bad dancing and her "toxic" attitude. Or when veteran Hannah was cut, it was for weight gain and bad dancing. Both of those cuts were also during training camp just as Erica's was. Isn't that considered "disclosing why they were fired"? 

 

It just bothers me so much that they edited her out like she didn't even exist.

 

It can't be a privacy issue (to protect Erica, or show her respect), because they had no problem showcasing Caitlin LeGrands major issues, or even when Kelli dramatically talked about Courtney Cook's resignation for whatever mysterious drama was going on in her life. It is baffling why they didn't even acknowledge Erica's departure. *Especially* if it was just an injury. 

Exactly!!! If it was just an injury (and honestly, i think that's what they could have gone with that would be hard to refute), i think it would have been so much better than to just cut her out. Her face was plastered on a wall of the studio. She was in initial advertisements. For someone so visible, the fact they believe that fans won't be upset is amazing to me. I just think it wasn't  the best business decision...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, look what I found!  Maybe Jerry Jones would have okay'd cheerleader/player fraternization if it weren't for the fourteen ninnies that threatened to quit back in 1989...

Share this post


Link to post

I know we are more focused on Erica's situation, but daaamn I was so mad Taryn got cut. It was the first time it was obvious the girl wasn't expecting to be cut and she was mad (I'm sure Kelli didn't like it as she expects each girl to act like she deserved it and hates herself for disappointing them) and she was right to be. She was cut literally at the last minute, while last time she was called in they just said they appreciated her hard work and it's obvious she is getting better. I would have burnt the Star down if i were at her position.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Lady GenX said:

Hey, look what I found!  Maybe Jerry Jones would have okay'd cheerleader/player fraternization if it weren't for the fourteen ninnies that threatened to quit back in 1989...

There is a blonde in the back on our left at about 2:15...wow is she bad, she looks like she's looking around to see what she should be doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I know we are more focused on Erica's situation, but daaamn I was so mad Taryn got cut. It was the first time it was obvious the girl wasn't expecting to be cut and she was mad (I'm sure Kelli didn't like it as she expects each girl to act like she deserved it and hates herself for disappointing them) and she was right to be. She was cut literally at the last minute, while last time she was called in they just said they appreciated her hard work and it's obvious she is getting better. I would have burnt the Star down if i were at her position.

I agree with this! She looked mad and she has a right to be. She was cut for "blending," when she knows there are a few others that are struggling to do the dances correctly. If I were K and J I would have wanted better editing. They kept calling out other girls for their mistakes and then they cut Taryn. I realize this was for good "shocking TV," but it really just makes K and J look stupid. And the rest of us are left scratching our heads.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree with this! She looked mad and she has a right to be. She was cut for "blending," when she knows there are a few others that are struggling to do the dances correctly. If I were K and J I would have wanted better editing. They kept calling out other girls for their mistakes and then they cut Taryn. I realize this was for good "shocking TV," but it really just makes K and J look stupid. And the rest of us are left scratching our heads.

Yeah and I mean any sane coach would prefer a blender who might actually blossom during the season than keeping someone who makes blatant mistakes. If you watch any clip with Savannah's group, she is always half a count late and i think it shows. It's not even easy to check who is who and focus on a specific rookie- her mistakes caught my attention and that's the only reason why i focused on her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think there is more to the story on why Taryn was cut. She was the lowest ranked TC Candidate, and I do not see DCC material when I look at her. Plus the fact, Kelli and Judy are not the only ones who have the final say in who does or does not make the team. I am sure they deal with certain outside influences on an almost daily basis who put their two cents in while TC is going on. I do not think it makes K and J look stupid when Taryn was cut. I also think Taryn would have been a one and done year girl.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think there is more to the story on why Taryn was cut. She was the lowest ranked TC Candidate, and I do not see DCC material when I look at her.

What more could there be? I think you nailed it. :)

Edited by ByTor

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/21/2017 at 1:25 AM, Lady GenX said:

Hey, look what I found!  Maybe Jerry Jones would have okay'd cheerleader/player fraternization if it weren't for the fourteen ninnies that threatened to quit back in 1989...

I wouldn’t call women who didn’t want to veer towards dancing escorts ninnies. This is a highly ‘revised’ interview based on the initial girls and longtime director - maybe founding director? - quitting.

Jerry wanted skimpier uniforms, beer commercials, private entertaining, etc. Less cheesy Love Boat choreography and more bump and grind. I think those girls were scared they were going to be turned into low paid, yet fancy hookers and revolted instead.

Enter a great opportunity for Kelli. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jerry wanted skimpier uniforms, beer commercials, private entertaining, etc. Less cheesy Love Boat choreography and more bump and grind.

Ironically, with the exception of beer commercials & private entertaining, this is kinda what they've become.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/21/2017 at 1:25 AM, Lady GenX said:

Hey, look what I found!  Maybe Jerry Jones would have okay'd cheerleader/player fraternization if it weren't for the fourteen ninnies that threatened to quit back in 1989...

 

This lady cheered 28 years ago and still looks amazing!  You go girl!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I didn't realize it was the HoF induction? game? where Erica -- allegedly -- left the locker room to sit in the stands. Aside from any drinking, insubordination, sneaking, whatever -- pretty lousy of K&J to make her stay in the locker room. I mean, once in a lifetime.... Even though I personally think JJ is a loathsome toad and VERY bad for football, I appreciate that the women in the DCC have a different perspective, and it probably would have meant a lot to Erica to be able to see it live. If they really told her to stay in the locker room? What was the purpose of that -- couldn't she have been out on the field with K&J?

Share this post


Link to post

@AuntTora  it's a standard rule that all injured cheerleaders are supposed to stay in the lockerroom if they're with the team.

I thought it was silly as well; they could put her butt to work being a gopher for pete's sake, but it was wisely pointed out to me that it's a liability issue. If a cheerleader is already on the injured list and gets hurt while traveling on what is essentially company time, it opens up the employer to liability. 

They should've just left her home.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Java said:

@AuntTora  it's a standard rule that all injured cheerleaders are supposed to stay in the lockerroom if they're with the team.

I thought it was silly as well; they could put her butt to work being a gopher for pete's sake, but it was wisely pointed out to me that it's a liability issue. If a cheerleader is already on the injured list and gets hurt while traveling on what is essentially company time, it opens up the employer to liability. 

They should've just left her home.  

I'll never understand that rule.  I agree that she should have stayed home, but since they let her travel, and she was a GL, I don't understand why she didn't sit with Kelli & Judy (sitting with K & J is no more risky than sitting in a locker room) & give instructions/critiques. 

Come to think of it, I wonder if maybe that was part of her cut.  Maybe she was supposed to act in a leader capacity with Kelli & Judy but claimed she was too injured to do so (such as unable to give corrections because she physically can't demonstrate the proper moves) & agreed to sit in the locker room, but then left anyway, which would mean she broke a rule AND lied.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Java said:

@AuntTora  it's a standard rule that all injured cheerleaders are supposed to stay in the lockerroom if they're with the team.

I thought it was silly as well; they could put her butt to work being a gopher for pete's sake, but it was wisely pointed out to me that it's a liability issue. If a cheerleader is already on the injured list and gets hurt while traveling on what is essentially company time, it opens up the employer to liability. 

They should've just left her home.  

 

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'll never understand that rule.  I agree that she should have stayed home, but since they let her travel, and she was a GL, I don't understand why she didn't sit with Kelli & Judy (sitting with K & J is no more risky than sitting in a locker room) & give instructions/critiques. 

Come to think of it, I wonder if maybe that was part of her cut.  Maybe she was supposed to act in a leader capacity with Kelli & Judy but claimed she was too injured to do so (such as unable to give corrections because she physically can't demonstrate the proper moves) & agreed to sit in the locker room, but then left anyway, which would mean she broke a rule AND lied.

As I stated in another thread, I can see this as being a stadium rule rather than a K&J rule (not having to stay in the locker room, but not being allowed on the sidelines). You've already got a crowded, chaotic situation with the teams, photographers, camera men, cheerleaders, etc. Security probably just doesn't want to have to deal with any more people out there than absolutely necessary and a non-performing cheerleader is not necessary (injured players are still necessary because they're gods and all, y'know (roll eyes)).  It's not further injury they're worried about, but any injury and the added chaos of more people on the sidelines than necessary.

That doesn't explain why she would have to sit in the locker room as opposed to the stands or where ever other Cowboy employees were, but I can understand no "extras" on the sidelines during the game.

She still traveled with the team because she could do all of the appearance things with the team, just not the actual performances/game.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/24/2017 at 1:20 PM, hannahbanana said:

As I stated in another thread, I can see this as being a stadium rule rather than a K&J rule

IMO, regardless of whose rule, I'll never not think that it's stupid :)

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/15/2017 at 11:51 AM, ellekotonyok said:

In a lot of the Jets photos she looks really nice in my opinion

CvjQZ0WWAAA-r3_.jpg

I wanted to see her makeover too! I wonder what they would have done?!?

I agree, looks just fine to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I hope she does...she gets a lot of hate but I really liked her.

She probably will after seeing Tara and Savannah make it. If she does I wonder if they'll say she was a Jets cheerleader or go with ballroom dancer story 

again. Since I've been watching MTT it seems like more girls from the Mavs and Jets make it over any other teams.

Edited by MrsEVH

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/22/2017 at 5:05 PM, Tdoc72 said:

This lady cheered 28 years ago and still looks amazing!  You go girl!

She really is beautiful- even more than some of the girls now.

I am watching the episode with Holly and Jenna and cannot believe how bad Holly acted when they confronted her.  She was all over the place with her answers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size