Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wishlist

-allowing Wyatt to be more competent

-embracing its sci-fi craziness, rather than trying to be so milquetoast toast/ episodic... I remember Kripke saying before the series started that it was going to be easy for new viewers to come in each week, and be the anti-12 Monkeys... screw that! It doesn't have to be uber-complicated, but it would be cool to dig deeper into many things that were only touched upon in season one.

-Lots of Rufus, please! And Jiya.

• Love 2

I myself would like to see Flynn and Lucy reconcile and work together as part of the time team, especially since he currently thinks she double-crossed him.  He needs to learn the truth and understand that she wants no part of her heritage as Rittenhouse royalty.  She still has the journal, after all, and I want to know when and how she gave it to him in the first place!

The writers, by the way, said a few months ago that the War of 1812 and Harriet Tubman were on their wish list for Season 2.  What historical eras/characters would you all like to see the Time Team visit and meet?  I'd like to see them visit Stonewall at the time of the riots (1969) and maybe run into Lucy's grandfather again. He'd be a bit older, sure, but I'd like to know whether he ever found the courage to come out and be who he really is and if he managed to do it without drawing Rittenhouse's attention.  I'd also love it if we could have Ian Fleming somehow sneak aboard the lifeboat and wind up in 2018.  The snark would be off the charts when he saw how the world had turned out.

- Have time travel missions actually change the future in significant ways, if major changes occur (like important people dying)

- Have the characters show more restraint and care in NOT killing any random redshirt that comes along during their time travel missions

- Either write Flynn off the show, or have him join the Team permanently

- Defeat Rittenhouse by the end of Season 2 so the uninteresting "mythology" doesn't need to drag on.  I wouldn't care if they dumped Rittenhouse right from the start.  I love Susanna Thompson but her character doesn't interest me.

- Show us more of the "normal" lives of Lucy, Rufus and Wyatt outside of time travelling so we actually care about them

- Reveal early in the season how the journal-from-the-future came to be.  I hate that trope.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

-allowing Wyatt to be more competent

Allowing Wyatt to shave.

I also hope they develop a better antagonist. While I really enjoy the good guys (even Connor now) I don't think Rittenhouse or Flynn add much to the show other than a pretext for time travel.

Maybe the writers should take a clue from the old Syfy show Continuum. At least twice (and maybe three times) they established a show theory of time travel only to blow it up and replace it with something new as the old theory became unwieldy. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I remember Kripke saying before the series started that it was going to be easy for new viewers to come in each week, and be the anti-12 Monkeys... screw that! It doesn't have to be uber-complicated, but it would be cool to dig deeper into many things that were only touched upon in season one.

Shows that do time travel tend to make it too complicated and finally they can't even keep their logic / timelines straight and it all falls apart and then I lose interest. Like what's happening on The Flash and also 12 Monkeys of late. I prefer a straight-forward time travel story, even if it doesn't have too many consequences in the present/ future. The premise of the show to me is more about having adventures through history. The only show I've watched that do complicated time-travel well is Doctor Who.

Basically, I don't want the tone of the show to change too much. Just, less of Flynn and Rittenhouse conspiracy would be nice.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2

I don't care for Flynn at all, I wouldn't mind if they cut him.  I don't care for the actor and I hate the way he chews scenery.  Increase Annie Wersching's part and maybe have her and Susannah Thompson as the main villains.  Annie Wersching is eminently watchable and I have missed her in a regular role since the unfortunate death of Renee Walker on "24".

I'd love to see them go back in time to more non-American locales.  And further back in time than the 1700s.  Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, medieval England, the Renaissance.  Have the tech people design some kind of translator device to get around the language issue and why everyone speaks English.

5 hours ago, blackwing said:

I don't care for Flynn at all, I wouldn't mind if they cut him.  I don't care for the actor and I hate the way he chews scenery.  Increase Annie Wersching's part and maybe have her and Susannah Thompson as the main villains.  Annie Wersching is eminently watchable and I have missed her in a regular role since the unfortunate death of Renee Walker on "24".

I'd love to see them go back in time to more non-American locales.  And further back in time than the 1700s.  Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, medieval England, the Renaissance.  Have the tech people design some kind of translator device to get around the language issue and why everyone speaks English.

Now that you mention her, I would love to see her gone.  I have not liked her acting since she was on Castle as the creepy doctor.

I love Goran and want to see him stay.

• Love 1

I'd like to see the team spend more that one episode in each time period. 

While I like Goran, the character of Flynn doesn't work for me. I'd be fine if his character gets written off the show.

I co-sign an expanded role for Susanna Thompson.  She'd make for a better villain than Flynn and then the conflict for Lucy would feel real. 

(edited)

Something else the show needs to address is Jiya's developing powers.  Apparently, she can not only see into other eras, but she can even travel to them without the use of the lifeboat.

And while I'm wishing, the show filmed a scene last season that explained why Anthony was able to travel to 1962 and 1972 when he shouldn't have been able to, but it was cut for time (the answer is that Anthony, like Emma, spent ten years in the past and was actually born later than his physical age led viewers to believe).  If the footage of that scene still exists, it should be worked into a Season 2 episode early on to make clear just what the rules of time travel are on this show.

Edited by legaleagle53
15 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Something else the show needs to address is Jiya's developing powers.  Apparently, she can not only see into other eras, but she can even travel to them without the use of the lifeboat.

I forgot about Jiya's powers. Ugh. I hope they drop those.

Personally, I hope that changes to the past start to affect the future.

I also hope that if Rittenhouse (and its members) is supposed to be The Villain of the show, then they'd better start showing us why Rittenhouse is so bad.

They'd better make Lucy and team more competent at preventing changes to the past.

I don't understand why they didn't align Goran's character with Lucy and team early in S1. After all, Flynn had that book/diary written by Lucy and he should've been able to figure out how to talk to her to get her and her team on his side.

They also need to figure out how to advance the overall story while Lucy and team are in the past. It shouldn't be so separate where the overall story doesn't really get advanced while the team is playing dress up in the past, and then when they're not in the past the overall story is able to be further developed.

In the end, I'm actually kind of disappointed this show got a second season. Primarily because it's only going to get one more season and its ratings are likely to be no higher than the lowest they've been during S1. That means that when NBC decides to re-cancel this show, they'll be able to point to the fact that this show's ratings didn't improve. So, when future "save our show" campaigns happen (and they will), the network can point to failures like Timeless and reassure themselves that they know better than the fans/viewers/audience.

• Love 2

I really had no problems with season 1, but maybe less Rittenhouse would be fine.

I would perhaps like to see flashbacks with the sister and the wife, to remind me why I should care about them. 

More gay characters! They have a good base, but someone like Marc from Ugly Betty, who purchases all of the clothes for the trio's adventures. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, memememe76 said:

I would perhaps like to see flashbacks with the sister and the wife, to remind me why I should care about them. 

You might see flashbacks about Amy (Lucy's sister), but I doubt there'd be any about Jessica (Wyatt's wife), since Wyatt admitted after his failed attempt to prevent her murderer's birth that he was finally convinced that it was just Jessica's fate to die that way and it was time for him to get over it and move on.  In other words, he's already given up trying to undo her murder, which clears the way for him and Lucy and the unspoken romantic tension between them to finally come to the surface.  It's the elephant in the room that neither of them has been willing to deal with before now.

Edited by legaleagle53
56 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

You might see flashbacks about Amy (Lucy's sister), but I doubt there'd be any about Jessica (Wyatt's wife), since Wyatt finally admitted after his failed attempt to prevent her murderer's birth that he was finally convinced that it was just Jessica's fate to die that way and it was time for him to get over it and move on.  In other words, he's already given up trying to undo her murder, which clears the way for him and Lucy and the unspoken romantic tension between them to finally come to the surface.  It's the elephant in the room that neither of them has been willing to deal with before now.

#1 on my wish list is no Lucy/Wyatt romance. So tired of every show having to shoehorn a romance in, especially between co-workers. In my almost 20 year career with 3 companies, I have only known of 4 LTR (which I think eventually all led to marriage), and a fling or 2, yet almost every TV show set in a workplace environment has to have a romance. 

But you're right, legaleagle53. Of that I have no doubt.  

• Love 5
On May 17, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Toothbrush said:

#1 on my wish list is no Lucy/Wyatt romance. So tired of every show having to shoehorn a romance in, especially between co-workers. In my almost 20 year career with 3 companies, I have only known of 4 LTR (which I think eventually all led to marriage), and a fling or 2, yet almost every TV show set in a workplace environment has to have a romance. 

But you're right, legaleagle53. Of that I have no doubt.  

Ha ha.  You clearly don't work in education. There are husbands and wives all over the place.  Both my brother and sister have spouses that work for theIr school districts in some way. They both met in college, but I know several people that met at work. It's why I never think it's a big deal when celebrities or co-stars get together. 

You are right about shows using it a lot though. I say either put them together or don't, but it doesn't need to be dragged out. That's not what this show has to be about. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stuffy said:

Ha ha.  You clearly don't work in education. There are husbands and wives all over the place.  Both my brother and sister have spouses that work for theIr school districts in some way. They both met in college, but I know several people that met at work. It's why I never think it's a big deal when celebrities or co-stars get together. 

You are right about shows using it a lot though. I say either put them together or don't, but it doesn't need to be dragged out. That's not what this show has to be about. 

I'm not in education, but my sister is. I will have to ask her about work place romances! 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

I'm not in education, but my sister is. I will have to ask her about work place romances! 

Usually the relationships are already established, but sometimes teachers do marry and/or date each other. I don't know if it's the same at small school districts because I work for a larger district.  There are school systems that don't allow spouses to work in the same building.  I also know of four separate affairs through the years just in my building alone.  I found out many years later that the principal who hired me was a serial cheater. Something I could never fathom because he wasn't remotely attractive. 

I'm going off topic, so I'll police myself and stop there. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 23.05.2017 at 3:34 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Flynn- I can't really see what else you can do with him. Let the guy stay in jail.

The redemption arc and the Lyatt/Flynn love triangle! It's so obvious what they're going for with this! Add undead!Jessica, and we'll have the quadruple from hell on our hands.

ETA: Can Flynn like, hit on on Wyatt instead? It'd improve the matters somehow...

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Well, the theories that Flynn is either Lucy's father or son seem to have been disproved so I guess Flynn could fall in love.

Sure, once they solve the little problem of the fact that Flynn currently hates Lucy because he thinks she double-crossed him.

11 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Sure, once they solve the little problem of the fact that Flynn currently hates Lucy because he thinks she double-crossed him.

"The book told me to act like that"

16 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Pfft, Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries

Spoiler

killed Elena's brother that one time and raped her best friend, and Delena was still endgame.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, Toothbrush said:

#1 on my wish list is no Lucy/Wyatt romance. So tired of every show having to shoehorn a romance in, especially between co-workers. 

This is #1 on my wish list too. Please no Lucy & Wyatt romance. I know it's a given that the romance will happen, but I am so tired of every show having the main female lead and the main male lead fall in love. Can't they once just be friends and co-workers?

• Love 3
On 6/25/2017 at 7:03 PM, Fireball said:

This is #1 on my wish list too. Please no Lucy & Wyatt romance. I know it's a given that the romance will happen, but I am so tired of every show having the main female lead and the main male lead fall in love. Can't they once just be friends and co-workers?

For me, it just bothers me because they have the chemistry of a brother and a sister. And we have seen Lucy spark with people before- Ian Fleming as well as Robert Todd Lincoln.  The fact that they had Jiya say it just says everything to me.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, methodwriter85 said:

For me, it just bothers me because they have the chemistry of a brother and a sister. And we have seen Lucy spark with people before- Ian Fleming as well as Robert Todd Lincoln.  The fact that they had Jiya say it just says everything to me.

I agree that Lucy & Wyatt don't have a romantic chemistry which makes imo the whole the main female lead & the main male lead have to fall in love cliché worse. Lucy as you said has sparked with other people just not Wyatt. I also disliked that the writers resorted to using Jiya tell us that Lucy & Wyatt are into each other. 

• Love 2

In addition to Jiya's observation, I was annoyed at how quickly Wyatt went from " I will travel through all of time to save my wife!" to "Ehh, I tried."

That's what indicated to me what the writers' endgame is.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2017 at 0:57 PM, Fireball said:

I agree that Lucy & Wyatt don't have a romantic chemistry which makes imo the whole the main female lead & the main male lead have to fall in love cliché worse. Lucy as you said has sparked with other people just not Wyatt. I also disliked that the writers resorted to using Jiya tell us that Lucy & Wyatt are into each other. 

It violates one of the tenets of writing- show, don't tell. I do think that Abigail Spencer got a memo that she needed to try more, which explains the hug in the finale.

But everything about this just screams, "Well, they're two of the leads, they're both pretty, and they're opposites so of COURSE they must end up together!" Hell, Matt Spencer had more chemistry with the mother of the serial killer back in 1983.

Maybe they'll realize Wucy won't work, promote Jiya to full time and have Rufus-Jiya be the big relationship

I don't know how in advance the episodes were filmed but I do think Jiya probably got a bigger role by the finale than she was meant to because she really is sparking pretty well with everybody.

• Love 2
On 6/27/2017 at 10:22 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I loved Lucy with Robert Todd Lincoln. Too bad that couldn't have gone on for a few more eps.  Or maybe I just liked Robert, regardless. 

4 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

I loved Lucy with Robert Todd Lincoln. Too bad that couldn't have gone on for a few more eps.  Or maybe I just liked Robert, regardless. 

I always thought it was a shame we couldn't bring Ian Fleming to our time.  I would have loved to hear him snark on the state of the world in 2017!

Oh, but as a love interest for Lucy?  He was actually way more into her than she was into him, as she made clear when she turned him down at the end of the episode.  

Now, Robert was a different matter -- I think she really WAS attracted to him, which is why she was especially heartbroken when she had to let his father's assassination play out in order to preserve history.  She knew that Robert would be devastated, even if he didn't blame her for not being able to save both Grant and Lincoln.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, smiley13 said:

I love Goran and want to see him stay

Yep, I started binge watching this recently and Goran is the best performer they have. Flynn and Rufus are the two best characters. I couldn't care less about Lucy or Wyatt TBH, and considering they are the two "leads", that's pretty sad.  Something about the actress I just don't like, didn't like her on the last show I saw her on, either. She and the actor playing Wyatt are just so BLAND.

As far as I'm concerned, if they cut out Flynn, half my reason for watching will go with him. And while I really like Rufus, IDK that him alone is reason enough to watch.

Definitely wanting more Flynn overall.  They have set it up for some interesting dynamics between him and the Time Team now; assuming they bust him out and end up taking him on as a reluctant ally/attack dog.  I have no idea how they are going to resolve the whole 'he believes Lucy sold him out' angle, but I'm here for it.  And watching him kick Wyatt's arse never gets old, heh.  

From the historical angle, I really think Amelia Earhart would be fascinating.  

• Love 1

I want more Flynn absolutely. After rewatching the first season that I just binged, I do reluctantly admit that I kinda like Flynn and Lucy. They have a "Mr. Darcy/Elizabeth Bennett" vibe that I like.  Not that I necessarily want to see an onscreen "romance". I don't think this kind of show needs romances, which is why I think it's a shudder worthy mistake to do anything with Lucy and Wyatt. Other than the fact that Lucy and Wyatt together sounds about as exciting as a big dose of Sominex. I would not mind flirting and tension up until the final few episodes of the series, when Lucy can be paired with whoever the show decides. But to me a romance on the show just isn't needed-I can tolerate Jiya and Rufus because they are cute and I know that couple will never eat the show. Lucy and Wyatt as a couple WILL eat the show, and even the die hardest shippers of them will end up regretting it, I think.

But yeah anyway. MORE FLYNN. Goran is great, but that's the problem when you cast an actor playing a character who is really more supporting than not. It's a sticky situation-they shouldn't have to change the dynamic to make room for more Flynn, BUT. GV is the best actor they have , and Flynn is the most complicated, interesting character. So it's a problem. The show has to focus on the other three more because they are the three main ones. But the show also suffers for it, because nobody else on screen matters when Flynn is present. I believe he is what they call a "dark horse". And I don't mind one bit-Flynn is why I am going to bother watching season 2. But it makes plotting the show problematic, especially if Flynn survives season 2 and the show is renewed. It's truly a shame they didn't make him one of the core three from the get go. I'll take him over Mayo/Wyatt ANY day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Does anyone else think that not only does Noah have to be Rittenhouse as well, he's going to turn out to have a bigger role than anyone expected ? I think if he is Rittenhouse, he may be involved with ordering the hit on Flynn's wife. I just feel they didn't introduce him for no reason, or only to show that Lucy's life changed. They could have had "random guy" for one episode for that. But Noah has appeared in three shows-and there's just no way mama would allow it if he weren't Rittenhouse. He's got his hands in some pie, I'll bet.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2