Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think they've ever not told us when there's going to be a DE. They wanna promote those eps because they get the most views. But I really have no idea what it could be.

Maybe they could go all BBCan on these fools and hold a triple evection.  I know that will not happen but I would love to see it done on the American version.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Would love that.

4 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Maybe the curse that is unleashed next Thursday is that America is the HoH?

So who would we nominate? Paul? Jessica? It would be a cool twist.

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think they've ever not told us when there's going to be a DE. They wanna promote those eps because they get the most views. But I really have no idea what it could be.

Wasn't someone a few days ago talking about some rumor where someone will be safe until F9? Where did that come from? I haven't seen it at all anywhere else.

Agreed, Julie always tells us a week in advance when she goes over the week's schedule of events.  And I don't think they would do a DE the week immediately following bringing a returnee back. 

• Love 1

I doubt America is involved. Julie would have surely said that WE would play a role in the game or some such if that was the case.

I've heard the theory that it will be a battle between them all and there would be a loser of each round that's out. They would then get down to the final 2 to compete (most likely Cameron/Cody). That would ensure it would last the full hour and Cody would be involved in all of it (and it would be different than last year). I like the idea that they might compete for HOH as well. Or, I hope the returnee has automatic safety for a week.

I think the battle back winner will compete in HOH otherwise it wouldn't be fair to them to come in without a chance to save themselves. I would much prefer they had a week of safety though.  A week of safety of them and no safety for paul!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, diana said:

I doubt America is involved. Julie would have surely said that WE would play a role in the game or some such if that was the case.

I've heard the theory that it will be a battle between them all and there would be a loser of each round that's out. They would then get down to the final 2 to compete (most likely Cameron/Cody). That would ensure it would last the full hour and Cody would be involved in all of it (and it would be different than last year). I like the idea that they might compete for HOH as well. Or, I hope the returnee has automatic safety for a week.

Tonight is only an hour show in which we see 44 minutes.  Seems to me both HOH and BBack must be combined. No feeds is irritating.  We pay for them because we don't want to be surprised, you fuck heads.  AND how satisfying is this going to be in such a short amount of time. 

What time do the feeds come back?  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Tonight is only an hour show in which we see 44 minutes.  Seems to me both HOH and BBack must be combined. No feeds is irritating.  We pay for them because we don't want to be surprised, you fuck heads.  AND how satisfying is this going to be in such a short amount of time. 

What time do the feeds come back?  

Did Julie say HOH would be on tonight's show? I figured tonight would be the battle back, and then on Sunday they'll show HOH which includes the battle back winner.

Feeds have an occasional overlay that says they'll be back on "around 9pm PST" tonight, which probably means 9pm PDT because people often screw up and say standard time even during daylight time. 

Edited by Michichick
Shouldn't use an adverb when one needs an adjective

Assuming Cody goes back in the house, and who wins HOH is a Paul minion we could see both DOT's flushed this week. If Christmas prevents Cody or Jess to play in veto and then Jess to stop the eviction of herself or Cody next Thursday before the curse is released.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Did Julie say HOH would be on tonight's show? I figured tonight would be the battle back, and then on Sunday they'll show HOH which includes the battle back winner.

Feeds have an occasionally overlay that says they'll be back on "around 9pm PST" tonight, which probably means 9pm PDT because people often screw up and say standard time even during daylight time. 

This makes sense.  We will see on the feeds who won HOH if this is the case.  I didn't hear much of what Julie said, I was distracted by her wearing jeans.  Loved it.  Ugly shoes though.  I hate chunky heels.   

• Love 2

From what happened during the last Special Battle Back episode, almost the entire thing was just about the Battle Back. Then I believe the person at the time (Victor) re-entered the house and the end of the episode introduced the HOH competition. Because there were 5 evictees last season and not 4, there will have to be more filler to fill up the entire hour, which is why I assume HOH might overlap with tonight's episode. 

Last season's was a head to head knockout style, based on the order of evictions. Victor had to beat four different people to get back in. The person he beat last (maybe Bronte?) only had to win one competition. If it's the same format Cody will only have to beat the winner of Cameron/Jillian and Dominique. If I had to guess I'd say it's going to be the same format. That's the only way you can fill up an entire hour. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

I'm fairly sure Julie said that the HOH comp would be on Sunday's ep. I think @Lady Calypso is probably right and the ep tonight will end on the HOH comp starting and then Sunday's ep will show the conclusion of the HOH comp.

23 minutes ago, Cutty said:

If I had to guess I'd say it's going to be the same format.

I feel like the format will be different because Julie pretty much said it would be. She specifically talked about how they did it last season and said it'd be different this season. I think the people that are guessing it'll be everyone competing in comps with one being eliminated in each round until there's a winner are probably right. That way they still have 3 comps to show to fill time, but it's not exactly like it was last season.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This makes sense.  We will see on the feeds who won HOH if this is the case.  I didn't hear much of what Julie said, I was distracted by her wearing jeans.  Loved it.  Ugly shoes though.  I hate chunky heels.   

I was so surprised to see her wearing jeans that I never even noticed her shoes!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like the format will be different because Julie pretty much said it would be. She specially talked about how they did it last season and said it'd be different this season. I think the people that are guessing it'll be everyone competing in comps with one being eliminated in each round until there's a winner is probably right. That was they still have 3 comps to show to fill time, but it's not exactly like it was last season.

That makes sense. Lets hope there's a few crapshoots thrown in. 

#TeamAnyoneButCody

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Cutty said:

That makes sense. Lets hope there's a few crapshoots thrown in. 

#TeamAnyoneButCody

Anyone but Cody?   I would hate to see Dom back and what could Jillian or Cameron possibly do to shake some sense into this group?  

• Love 6
Just now, wings707 said:

Anyone but Cody?   I would hate to see Dom back and what could Jillian or Cameron possibly do to shake some sense into this group?  

Based on his exit interviews, Cody has no interest in going after Paul. He would target Mark (exactly what Paul wants).

Also, I really don't wanna see 24/7 showmance cam with him and Jess. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Based on his exit interviews, Cody has no interest in going after Paul. He would target Mark (exactly what Paul wants).

Jess will educate him on the house dynamic (her perception) and she sees things pretty clearly.  I don't believe they will isolate and hang on each other either.  She has lived the consequences of being an outsider and will do everything to integrate him/them into the mix.  I am not convinced she is or will be a good strategist but there is a modicum of information to say maybe.   What Cody wanted when he left has already changed just seeing Dom there beside him.   AND he knows to listen to Jessica.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Jess will educate him on the house dynamic (her perception) and she sees things pretty clearly.  I don't believe they will isolate and hang on each other either.  She has lived the consequences of being an outsider and will do everything to integrate him/them into the mix.  I am not convinced she is or will be a good strategist but there is a modicum of information to say maybe.   What Cody wanted when he left has already changed just seeing Dom there beside him.   AND he knows to listen to Jessica.  

I was surprised that they let Dom & Cody talk so much. Of course, she might have been saying, "I'm not allowed to talk" but it did look like they were really talking. Also, when Julie was going through her bit they were still talking and ignoring her. Which isn't neccesarly a bad thing. LOL!!!

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I was surprised that they let Dom & Cody talk so much. Of course, she might have been saying, "I'm not allowed to talk" but it did look like they were really talking. Also, when Julie was going through her bit they were still talking and ignoring her. Which isn't neccesarly a bad thing. LOL!!!

She was probably able to say the words, Paul is a snake.  

Cody should not be surprised at Dom sitting there since he told everyone that Mark and Dom knew of his plan to nominate both Paul and Christmas!  Of course they were going to get rid of one of them because they were seen as traitors or not trustworthy.   Cody's plan to shift the focus off of Jess, worked and he didn't even recognize that.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Last season's was a head to head knockout style, based on the order of evictions. Victor had to beat four different people to get back in. The person he beat last (maybe Bronte?) only had to win one competition. If it's the same format Cody will only have to beat the winner of Cameron/Jillian and Dominique. If I had to guess I'd say it's going to be the same format. That's the only way you can fill up an entire hour. 

It won't be the exact same.  Julie made sure to say "you guys saw how they battled back last year.... but this year we have something different planned"  or something like that.  It was very clear that it would  not be like last year's.

19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I was surprised that they let Dom & Cody talk so much.

I was and wasn't. When they've had jury buybacks before and they are all competing, a lot of them tell each other things before they are eliminated. Whoever comes back is already coming back in with a disadvantage and it's not like they were getting outside information. Plus they were being interviewed together and Julie was asking them game-related questions. So obviously BB is fine with them knowing things about the game that happened when they were gone.

(edited)

They are calling the Battle Back the Grunge Match.  ***shrug***

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/tonight-on-big-brother-19-battle-back-special-episode/

Julie Chen teased last week and reminded us again yesterday that an opportunity will present itself for the remaining Houseguests to prevent the Battle Back’s winner from returning to the game. Is there anyone in the mix here that enough of them might not mind seeing in the house again? I’m really curious to see how that little twist on Battle Back twist will work.

Edited by wings707
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Evicting Dom may backfire on Paul. She clearly had Cody's ear and blamed Paul for her eviction. Even if Cody wasn't going to go after Paul, he may take what she said at face value and decide he is too much of a threat to work with.

• Love 2
Just now, Brian Cronin said:

I think it will depend on whether Paul is okay with the returning HG. If not, then there is a twist that will allow them to keep them out. :)

I'm thinking that his DR sessions go like this:

Production: "Hey Paul, we have this great idea to do a battle back episode and have one of the first four returnees come back. What do you think?"
Paul: "NEVER CARED."
Production: "Okay, so we'll do that but not let them back in the house. But Paul, what if we let you in the house and gave you four weeks of safety? That's pretty cool, right?"
Paul: "That's FRIENDSHIP."
Production: "We've got a winner! Someone call AG and tell her what her boy has given his blessing on."

• Love 2
(edited)

AG got what she wanted which was Paul back and 3 weeks safe.  That has run it's course.  She is not so in love with him that she wants to see him rule the game and win.  How dull would that be?  She does not act alone, there is a production team and sure she leads it but they are making an entertainment show.  She wants chaos and interesting dynamics just as we do.  She wants Cody back.  Paul is old news now, even to them/AG.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

In all seriousness, I imagine that there might be a THEORETICAL chance at them stopping the battle back, but why in the world would the show ever want to actually stop a battle back? They LOVE battle backs. 

• Love 4
Just now, wings707 said:

AG got want she wanted which was Paul back and 3 weeks safe.  That has run it's course.  She is not so in love with him that she wants to see him rule the game and win.  How dull would that be?  She does not act alone, there is a production team and sure she leads it but they are making an entertainment show.  She wants chaos and interesting dynamics just as we do.  She wants Cody back.  Paul is old news now, even to them/AG.  

Did you see the Survivor season that was basically Boston Rob's victory lap? 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Did you see the Survivor season that was basically Boston Rob's victory lap? 

Of course but that is a different game.  

6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

In all seriousness, I imagine that there might be a THEORETICAL chance at them stopping the battle back, but why in the world would the show ever want to actually stop a battle back? They LOVE battle backs. 

They won't.  Cody will win and he will be back. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

They really do, and if they have to offer Kevin another 25k to ensure that he helps fulfill their plan, they WILL get their battle back winner in the house.

• Love 3

What was the thing someone suggested a while back, where something like there might be a button and if no one presses the button, there won't be a buyback. Something like that? So of COURSE someone is going to hit that button, ya know? I imagine it will be something like that. And hell, they might even make it even clearer like Lady Calypso just noted by saying "Whoever presses the button first gets $10,000". So yes, I think there might be a theoretical opportunity for these people to block the buyback, but not a real chance (Especially since Jessica actively WANTS a buy back). 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

What was the thing someone suggested a while back, where something like there might be a button and if no one presses the button, there won't be a buyback. Something like that? So of COURSE someone is going to hit that button, ya know? I imagine it will be something like that. And hell, they might even make it even clearer like Lady Calypso just noted by saying "Whoever presses the button first gets $10,000". So yes, I think there might be a theoretical opportunity for these people to block the buyback, but not a real chance (Especially since Jessica actively WANTS a buy back). 

I won't be surprised if it's a button. Nobody ever resists hitting the button. I remember BB16 when Ariana Grande's brother. was HOH and there was that reset button and he was telling people not to hit it...followed by him hitting it two minutes later. Then, at the end of the week, Julie told them that it was a reset button and then Ariana Grande's brother got evicted that reset week. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
Corrected from Who Shall Not Be Named to AG's brother. Not Grodner but Grande
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I think that was just speculation of how that might go.  If everyone pressed NO it would stop it.  That could be because no way would everyone not want it.  There are no more temptations so no money will be involved.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)

Suppose the BB isn't just about endurance or strength which presupposes TPTB greatly favor Cody. What if it's some combination of brains and brawn which might not be as much of a slam dunk for Cody. In the latter case Dom might stand a chance or perhaps even Cameron, as he's a completely unknown factor. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

There are no more temptations so no money will be involved.

Well, technically they said there are no more Den of Temptations. They didn't say there would be no more temptations ever :) 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I wonder if it's America nominates a third person for eviction. That would be so cool, we could nominate Paul.

I would actually pay to see the look on his face. "America's nominee is {long drawn out pause while Paul looks around smugly} Paul!

• Love 8
(edited)
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Of course but that is a different game and much more difficult for production to steer.  

And yet. They managed it, didn't they?

I'm just saying, they don't always work a narrative that fans like or enjoy. Oh, I'm sure some people enjoyed seeing B Rob's 97th attempt at winning a million dollars (and having it handed to him by a dumb cast) but I don't think it's that highly regarded of a season. People are going to watch Big Brother regardless. That's why they get away with fixing shit for the Evel Dick's to get to the end or the Paul's or the Rachel's. We whine and we complain and we shake our fists at the sky... but we're still here talking about it. 

And sure, they could all be coincidence. But I doubt all of it was. 

You can see from the episode only threads that non-feed watchers are primarily fans of Paul or don't have the distaste of him that live feed viewers do. The broadcast only audience is much larger and vast than the live feed audience. They don't often care (or see) the machinations that happen behind the scenes. We're privileged as feed viewers because we get a slightly more honest look at what happens but even we don't have 100% clear access to it. It makes sense for Production to back Paul as the horse to win. Dull? Maybe for the feed viewers (but we'll be raging about it). But probably not for the broadcast viewers. 

I'm not saying they are stacking the deck for Paul to win. I don't think they stacked the deck for Nicole to win last season. But I can see why they want Paul there to continue to back their narrative. I don't think he's old news. I think he's rating and money for the network and they understand that. 

Now I'm gonna pack up my blanket back into my picnic basket, take off my tinfoil hat, and leave the grassy knoll. Besides, I might get some sun if I stay out there too much longer and I might start looking like Raven when I spackle on my base coat.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Suppose the BB isn't just about endurance or strength which presupposes TPTB greatly favor Cody. What if it's some combination of brains and brawn which might not be as much of a slam dunk for Cody. In the latter case Dom might stand a chance or perhaps even Cameron, as he's a completely unknown factor. 

I think it will be a combination of dexterity, balance, intelligence (quick math?) and maybe aim involving balls.  And at points during the course you are eliminated for specific reasons.  

Just now, zibnchy said:

I would actually pay to see the look on his face. "America's nominee is {long drawn out pause while Paul looks around smugly} Paul!

That would be fun. He thinks he got the 3 weeks because the fans loved him. Some might have but it really had to do with that the viewers didn't know the new cast. Now, if he should get nominate as a 3rd nominee it would be dumbfounded. Too funny!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Michichick said:

I was so surprised to see her wearing jeans that I never even noticed her shoes!

I said to the cat "Is Julie wearing ........... jeans!?" The cat looked at me like I'd farted and said "Julie doesn't wear jeans you dope." I even showed him the video and he could not believe it. I am still not sure I believe it.

• Love 16

(AG) is not so in love with (Paul) that she wants to see him rule the game and win. 

You're kidding right? The show's been All About Paul since Day 1. All evidence points to the contrary of  your statement.

Suppose the BB isn't just about endurance or strength which presupposes TPTB greatly favor Cody. 

I remember one, not too long ago, where it was kind of a crap-shoot - something about getting the most balls into a puzzle or something. But I have to believe they've deliberately come up with something that favors Cody. You know they want him back over anyone else.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

I said to the cat "Is Julie wearing ........... jeans!?" The cat looked at me like I'd farted and said "Julie doesn't wear jeans you dope." I even showed him the video and he could not believe it. I am still not sure I believe it.

Or as Mr. Callaphera put it last night, "Daaamn, look at Chenbot slumming it like the rest of us mortals. I didn't think she knew what jeans were." 

ETA: 

1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

I remember one, not too long ago, where it was kind of a crap-shoot - something about getting the most balls into a puzzle or something. But I have to believe they've deliberately come up with something that favors Cody. You know they want him back over anyone else.

Wasn't it Jocasta's season? (I remember her the most in that comp because didn't she almost win it?). It was like shuffleboard on a spinning disc, whoever's disc got closest to the center returned. Or something like that. Nicole managed to bump her out and take the win near the end but it was almost Revenge of the Bow-Tie that season.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

(AG) is not so in love with (Paul) that she wants to see him rule the game and win. 

You're kidding right? The show's been All About Paul since Day 1. All evidence points to the contrary of  your statement.

Okay everyone, knock it off.  You are raining on my parade and I asked you not do this, nicely, too.  

28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Or as Mr. Callaphera put it last night, "Daaamn, look at Chenbot slumming it like the rest of us mortals. I didn't think she knew what jeans were." 

Now she has to wear black skinny jeans, a white shirt, silver earrings and these shoes.  Then she will be cool.  Jeans once is not enough. 

3879701-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Edited by wings707
9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

That would be fun. He thinks he got the 3 weeks because the fans loved him. Some might have but it really had to do with that the viewers didn't know the new cast. Now, if he should get nominate as a 3rd nominee it would be dumbfounded. Too funny!

I think the only way Paul could get nominated as America's Nomination is if we started a movement like the You Know Who Overwhelming No vote. That one was so satisfying, I still mime lighting a smoke when I think of it. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think the only way Paul could get nominated as America's Nomination is if we started a movement like the You Know Who Overwhelming No vote. That one was so satisfying, I still mime lighting a smoke when I think of it. 

One of my very favorite moments and Julie spoke the words with the perfect tone to deliver the message clearly!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4