Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I like the timing of the Battle Back competition. Paul's safety expires Thursday and the Battle is the following day. If he's eliminated there's no way he comes back (unless Grodner finds a new way).

If Alex wins the Halting Hex she can put up whoever she wants this week and cancel the eviction if she wants. But she'd be smarter to save it for when she's on the block.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Danged editor. I can't get the quote  box to delete.

Didn't Julie say, at the end of the show, that the hammies could block the Buy Back somehow? She didn't explain, but it is a tantalizing idea. 

I heard that, too.  Other than Jessica no one wants anyone coming back.  i guess we will find out next Thursday since battle back is aired on Friday.  

Alex was leading in the votes for the third temptation yesterday.  Kevin is second.  I will go vote for him if it is still open. 

(edited)

I'm thinking the block a houseguest from returning might be a Temptation.   With of course a curse for the house if they accept.    There has to be some sort of cost or trade off.   Otherwise blocking somebody from returning would be a no-brainer ( yes I realize we are dealing with houseguests with no brians)

Edited by brdwygurl

I was very confused by what Julie said regarding blocking the buyback. So they'd do an elaborate show and it might be for nothing? All these twists and temptations are getting hard to keep track of. I'm still not clear on when Paul is exactly NOT safe anymore. 

(edited)

Maybe blocking the buy back means some will compete along side/against the departed and if an HG wins that blocks it. 

ETA.  4 would be chosen by random draw to compete against the 4 departed. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, zenithwit said:

Alex, make the big move!  Otherwise, why else am I voting for you for the Den of Temptation? 

Go back and vote for Kevin, I just did and I rarely vote.  

I think the curse associated with the Halting Hex temptation will be the Battle Back. Accept the Halting Hex ability to block an eviction, and unleash the curse of having an evictee return to the house.

There's no way anyone will turn down the Halting Hex.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I think the curse associated with the Halting Hex temptation will be the Battle Back. Accept the Halting Hex ability to block an eviction, and unleash the curse of having an evictee return to the house.

There's no way anyone will turn down the Halting Hex.

Julie said they will have an opportunity to block someone from returning so I doubt this could happen.  This scenario gives them no power and that is implied in her words. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Alex, make the big move!  Otherwise, why else am I voting for you for the Den of Temptation? 

She just wants Jess out, so giving her any power is a waste.

Now she's even trying to turn Jason against Jess because she was talking to Elena and Raven. How dare she speak to others. Alex just has Jess tunnel vision that she's going to do what Paul wants.

I like the timing of the Battle Back competition. Paul's safety expires Thursday and the Battle is the following day. If he's eliminated there's no way he comes back (unless Grodner finds a new way).

They'll find a way, like Victor of last year.

Edited by Artsda
Just now, Michichick said:

Yeah, and there's no way said person doesn't accept the temptation. So someone's most definitely coming back.

Alex is also very easily swayed. Christmas as a backdoor? Really? That's the brilliant plan? 

Alex confuses me. I don't understand who she's loyal to. I thought she and Cody were close, but she voted to evict him and is pissed that Christmas didn't (or so she thinks). 

And her targets make no sense to me either. Jessica has zero power and zero ties to anyone. Christmas can't even walk. Ramses and Josh are on the outs with everyone. 

I don't know what her goals are or what she's thinking. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Alex confuses me. I don't understand who she's loyal to. I thought she and Cody were close, but she voted to evict him and is pissed that Christmas didn't (or so she thinks).

Alex didn't vote to evict Cody. She was on the block so she wasn't able to vote. And she's correct if she thinks Christmas didn't vote to evict Cody.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Julie said they will have an opportunity to block someone from returning so I doubt this could happen.  This scenario gives them no power and that is implied in her words. 

I admit that I fast-forwarded through that part of the show, so I don't know exactly what Julie said. I just figured the temptation winner has the power to turn down the temptation, and that would block the curse from happening.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Alex is loyal to Jason at this point.  She doesn't trust Jessica, who should be a natural ally, because Jessica campaigned really hard to get Alex out when Cody was HOH.  I think Alex feels like her numbers are so small that she can't risk pissing off the entire big alliance by putting two of them up.  She knows their chances of getting power are slim next week because she can't compete.  She wants to ensure safety next week for her and Jason.  So she's trying to thread a needle in putting up Jessica, which placates everyone, and also one of the big group (Dom/Christmas).  

She's also a Houseguest in season 19 which means she's contractually obligated to try and work with Paul.  So she's susceptible to his shenanigans.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

And her targets make no sense to me either. Jessica has zero power and zero ties to anyone. Christmas can't even walk. Ramses and Josh are on the outs with everyone. 

I don't know what her goals are or what she's thinking. 

I know she's loyal to Jason. She thinks she's also loyal to Paul. She has some loyalty to Kevin. Everyone else is undecided, I think. 

The issue is that while I can understand her reasoning, I don't agree with it. Alex truly believes that if she gets on Paul's good side, she can be his next in line and be carried to the end with him. She thinks as long as she can make jury with Jason, they can change things in the house. Except Paul has her on the outskirts, and that's unlikely to change as long as Matt/Raven are still around. 

Alex wanting Jessica out makes some sense. Jessica targeted her out of jealousy and Alex can't trust that she won't do the same if they keep her around. She can't trust her as an ally. The problem with that is the longer Alex ignores Jessica, the likelier it becomes for someone on Paul's side to scoop her up as a number. As of right now, Paul doesn't want Jessica as a target. He knows that Jessica's unliked and that he can use her to his advantage, so the target has shifted toward Dominique after her shitty talk show revealed her shadiness. The whole Christmas as a backdoor option makes some sense as she's the most expendable on the other side who can't win very many competitions so it's no true loss now for Paul. But Alex isn't thinking that; she's thinking that Christmas is still Paul's number one ally. Even though she has now experienced Paul trashing Christmas and throwing the blame to her, she still thinks that backdooring Christmas is smart. Christmas does have a good social game, but not at the moment since she's not even in the house and people are shifting blame toward her. If Christmas can have a genuine conversation with Alex, however, that could evade her from the block and shift the focus back to Mark. 

Alex's whole thing is the vote for Ramses. Christmas can either lie when she gets back and convinces Alex that she wanted Cody out for trying to get her out and even with their conversation, she'd never vote to keep him. Or, she can be straightforward with Alex, give her reasons for throwing a hinky vote (she knew that Ramses would never go, maybe wanted to see where allegiances lied, whatever) and maybe that could benefit her. Regardless, like Paul said, their group is pretty much done after this week. They're too fractured and Alex is right in damaging it further...but she needs to do it by not getting out Jessica or Christmas, who are on the outs. She needs to be targeting Dom or a showmance. Sure, Paul might want Dom out. But it does fracture their group and Alex needs Jessica more than she realizes. 

Although, I wonder what'll happen if Cody does win the Battle Back and Jessica's still in the house. I'm hoping they both become more sociable and reign in Alex, Jason, Kevin, Ramses, and Christmas. 

However, the issue will always come back to Paul so until Paul leaves, nothing changes. 

Who does Paul think are the likely HGs who want him out, is the question.  He will have Alex's ear today and she will put up who he wants.  Jessica has to be his number one choice.  If he believes Mark and Dom knew Cody's plans they are on his hit list but I am not sure he does.   

(edited)
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

If Alex wins the Halting Hex she can put up whoever she wants this week and cancel the eviction if she wants. But she'd be smarter to save it for when she's on the block.

The problem is, if she does win the Halting Hex she isn't getting it until Wednesday or Thursday. Since voting ends on the 19th. 

So I agree with you, if she were to get it today that would give her more chutzpah to put up who she wants cuz she knows she can save herself or one of her allies with her Hex. 

But since that isn't happening, I think she's gonna be "safe" with her nominations. 

WHY DID JASON DROP?!? Grrrrr 

Edited by SiobhanJW
27 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I admit that I fast-forwarded through that part of the show, so I don't know exactly what Julie said. I just figured the temptation winner has the power to turn down the temptation, and that would block the curse from happening.

Her exact words were, "In a Big Brother first the HGs will get a chance to stop their return to the game."

I bet the blocking someone from the Battle Back comes with the curse of TWO non-blocked evictees returning.  This would allow producers to get back up to their planned numbers at this point.  They are currently short one due to Meghan and have to be afraid they could still lose Christmas.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Who does Paul think are the likely HGs who want him out, is the question.  He will have Alex's ear today and she will put up who he wants.  Jessica has to be his number one choice.  If he believes Mark and Dom knew Cody's plans they are on his hit list but I am not sure he does.   

This was funny.  I needed a good laugh today.  As if anyone in this house would want Paul out.  Good one.

You know its bad when even Paul probably can't come up with a person who might want him out.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 2
Just now, MV007 said:

This was funny.  I needed a good laugh today.  As if anyone in this house would want Paul out.  Good one.

Good point!  LOL  Okay, Jessica does.  Paul will have a preference who should go, though, and he will make that clear to Alex.  

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Maybe blocking the buy back means some will compete along side/against the departed and if an HG wins that blocks it. 

ETA.  4 would be chosen by random draw to compete against the 4 departed. 

Yes "random" (Of course miraculously, but also conveniently, Paul's number won't be drawn). Pfft!

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes "random" (Of course miraculously, but also conveniently, Paul's number won't be drawn). Pfft!

AG manipulates the shit out of this game but probably not as much as we think.  If HG were randomly drawn, and this just musing, it would be a fair drawing numbers or something for all to see that cannot be rigged.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Lol, "unless" Grodner finds a way! Good one, Lamb 18! :)

Hmm lessee...The Ring of Returning, The Scepter of Safety, The Bullion of Buyback or just a straight -- New Twist! The person who got eliminated now automatically comes back and is HoH for the next three weeks!

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

AG manipulates the shit out of this game but probably not as much as we think.  If HG were randomly drawn, and this just musing, it would be a fair drawing numbers or something for all to see that cannot be rigged.  

I noticed that when someone selects a numbered doll, they don't know (and we don't either) who the HG is. Am I correct on that? If so, I think that leaves the door open for "randonmness". 

3 minutes ago, Jel said:

I noticed that when someone selects a numbered doll, they don't know (and we don't either) who the HG is. Am I correct on that? If so, I think that leaves the door open for "randonmness". 

The dolls were dressed up to look like the HGs, Christmas knew who she was choosing.  IIRC

• Love 1
(edited)

You are right about the dolls, Wings, my mistake. I was confusing it with the ball or block or something that someone chose (Paul?), where he didn't know who was going to get the punishment.

Edited by Jel
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

.....so the target has shifted toward Dominique after her shitty talk show revealed her shadiness. 

Dom is self absorbed and her talk show is all about her, being discovered, offered a job or gathering fans for her youtube show.  I don't think she knew or thought Cody was going to blow up the house.  She and Cody never talk; I doubt they have said 2 words to each other.  

ETA.  Hgs took it to the conclusion that she and Mark knew of Cody's nom.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Dom is self absorbed and her talk show is all about her, being discovered, offered a job or gathering fans for her youtube show.  I don't think she knew or thought Cody was going to blow up the house.  She and Cody never talk; I doubt they have said 2 words to each other.  

ETA.  Hgs took it to the conclusion that she and Mark knew of Cody's nom.  

I think she knew what she was getting into with Cody. She asked him all game-related questions. Even the others pointed out that Dom usually stuck to personal questions with her other "guests", so her intent with Cody was clearly to get information before he was evicted the next day. 

Not that I don't agree with Dom being self absorbed. She definitely is self absorbed. She just also made a bad game move because she was fishing for information, or seeming like she was fishing for information.

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think she knew what she was getting into with Cody. She asked him all game-related questions. Even the others pointed out that Dom usually stuck to personal questions with her other "guests", so her intent with Cody was clearly to get information before he was evicted the next day. 

Not that I don't agree with Dom being self absorbed. She definitely is self absorbed. She just also made a bad game move because she was fishing for information, or seeming like she was fishing for information.

I can see that.  I had assumed she was playing "roving reporter."  And she may have been.  Her head is not in the game far enough to even know how to sabotage or what to,  for that matter, was my thought.   And that is evidenced by her unwittingly putting herself and Mark in danger. 

Edited by wings707

Raven just told Matt she found out some things about Jessica last night that she doesn't like.  She somehow found out that Jessica said that Raven took Alex's cat ears.

Raven looks like crap. I see, she is being the reclining consumptive 19th-century heroine this morning.

Squirrel Cody is busy at the birdfeeder this morning. Earlier he was sitting on the head of my fawn statue, clutching the shepherd's crook with both paws, chattering and crying away. I don't know what was wrong with him. I have two chipmunks living in the hostas in front of the house. I named the bigger one Ramses and the smaller one Jessica. She was sitting on the front porch this morning clucking away as loud as she could. She likes to sit below the birdfeeder when Cody is there - he scoops the birdseed out when he's digging for the sunflower seeds. The sparrow family (Kevin, Josh and Christmas) were hanging out in the driveway and lilacs. I can hear Josh twittering away in the distance. There is a cardinal couple that showed up this morning. I'll name them Jason and Alex. Cody is making such a mess. I haven't seen Paul yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG this show. Do these HGs take IQ tests before they enter that house? Are they in there to play Paul's game? Are they there to carry that jerk to the end? What are they so afraid of? I did not like Cody but at least he tried to make a move early in the game get that Paul out. 

I am thinking back to years ago when Ivette took Maggie to f2 to be loyal to her and Maggie won. In an interview prior to Ivette's decision, ivette's mother was furious. She said, "Ivette is there to win, not to make friends." And that is exactly what the HGs forget when they are in the house. Play your own game! You can't move to the very end and pick people who are your "friends." You have to use your brain and get rid of the threats. 

I do not think Paul will win, but he wil go far. I think towards the end of August these remaining fools will wake up. Certainly if Kevin or Christmas make it that far, they will realize they have to get rid of Paul. They are the only two so far that appear not to be brain dead. 

Edited by DakotaLavender

Matt and Raven were just whispering about Mark this week.  Matt is concerned because he thinks that Mark being on slop and other factors will combine for the perfect storm for Mark to go crazy or something.

(edited)

This morning, only Raven and Matt up. 

Big Brother Feedster‏ @BBFeedster  1m1 minute ago

More

Matt to Raven: He's (Mark) going to be a have-not and there is going to be a lot of shit floating around about him. #BB19

Apparently some or all believe that Mark really did know about Cody's nom.   Perfect illustration of paranoia.  It doesn't take much.   Dead man walking.  Dom, too.  I am fine with that.  Don't care for either.  

BUT

Come on Jason, don't put a barrel over your light, convince Alex that Raven is the snake who hid your kitty ears and poured out your coke.  Work it.  I can dream, right?

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Does anyone know how Raven found out that Jessica said Raven took Alex's cat ears?  Did Alex tell Elena that is what Jessica said and that's how it got back to Raven?

Alex telling Matt that Jessica is throwing Raven under the bus to her.

Alex:  "She's attacking the one person in the house who is the nicest."  Wake up, Alex!

Alex is trying to play her noms as who are the people responsible for voting to evict Ramses. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cutty said:

I don't fault Alex for not wanting to work with Jessica. She's been absolutely horrible to Alex the entire season.

True, but she's openly a bitch.  Raven is like a super stealth mean girl if the cat ears and Coke thing are true.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Alex telling Matt that Jessica is throwing Raven under the bus to her.

Alex:  "She's attacking the one person in the house who is the nicest."  Wake up, Alex!

Alex is trying to play her noms as who are the people responsible for voting to evict Ramses. 

Mark is the only person who has correctly identified Kevin as the stray vote.

• Love 2
Just now, wings707 said:

Sounds like she is going to nom Jessica and Dom with Christmas as a possible back door. 

Terrible.

Also, she might not even have the votes to get Dom out over Jessica if they're on the block after the veto.

Still not clear why Alex didn't just let Elena win if this was her grand plan.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

True, but she's openly a bitch.  Raven is like a super stealth mean girl if the cat ears and Coke thing are true.

According to Reddit, Raven admitted to Elena that what Jessica said is true, so...

3 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Terrible.

Also, she might not even have the votes to get Dom out over Jessica if they're on the block after the veto.

Still not clear why Alex didn't just let Elena win if this was her grand plan.

It would be ideal for someone to warn Christmas so she can use her temptation power to play in veto, win it, and then take Jessica off. Then Alex would have no choice but to put up Mark.

I know that'll NEVER HAPPEN, because I can't have nice things and it's not what Paul wants.

• Love 2

Raven to Matt:  "I just don't understand why all these people don't just follow the plan like ducks in a row".   She really thinks that everyone in the house should just blindly go along with what the "leader" wants.

• Love 2

Matt and Elena are discussing who Alex's 2nd nominee will be.  They both think Dom.  Raven said she prefers it to be Dom.  Matt says he trusts Mark more than Dom.