Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MissBluxom said:

I must admit that Cody did not seem to have a lot of knowledge as to how this game should be played. Either that or also he was not able to figure out a winning strategy under those house conditions. Wouldn't you admit that would be a huge obstacle for most anyone to surmount? Even for a returning player. But Cody was not a returning player. This was his first time playing the game and it would be incredibly difficult for anyone to figure out a winning strategy in the face of Production giving Paul such huge advantages and the rest of the house being such terrible players they couldn't see through Paul. Cody saw thru Paul right from the beginning. But almost no one else did. I can well understand how Cody could easily just give up on finding a way to win this game. That would be incredibly difficult for almost anyone. Very understandable he would behave the way he did. I'm just happy he seems to have found some real love with Jessica - no matter how long it lasts. I have great admiration and gratitude towards Cody for serving our country as a combat soldier. Can't really question his bravery at all. If there is a God, then I would ask God bless him and give him a happy life.

Paul offered his lemmings the promised land, Jury House and a paid for summer vacation. Cody could not compete with that. You are right he could not combat that strategy. No returning players unless it is a returning player season ( refuse to call it all stars).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, busterfla said:

So, are you telling me mine don't count and I am wasting my time?

Well, it kinda sounds like your votes are not counting. I have asked CBS for confirmation on this and am waiting for a reply. I will let everyone here know when/if I get one.

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

@peachmangosteen, I thought I was done with my food obsessions.  Well no.  I have had avocado toast 3 days running now.  Delicious.  I always eat them but never put them on toast.  I have broken my one bad carb a week rule.  Fuck you Paul. 

Some think the comp today will be mental with a physical component.   Anyone remember past seasons? 

I have never hopped on the avocado toast bandwagon. I love avocado though so I really should try it. Also, most if not all final HOH part 2s are mental with a physical element.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

It bugged me just as much when people were calling Da'Vonne a shitty mother for doing her first season (and then rumblings of it during her second season) when she had a very young child at home. 

This is the only reason why I'm not more irate over this "Cody's a bad dad!" argument. I've seen it with any and all moms who've played so it's actually kinda nice to see a dad finally getting it lol.

When do they usually play part 2? I thought it'd be today.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! A part of me almost wants to make my twitter public just so I can tweet him a link to this place so he can give us some post-show gems.

All of us descend on him: "Hey, Cody! Tell us about this moment!"
Cody: "I don't care."
Us: "Cody, what went through your head when this happened?"
Cody: *silence, never posts again*

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I guess the fact that I want to be on Big Brother Canada makes me a famewhore even though the most social media I use is Facebook, which is set to private, and I have absolutely no intentions of making a career out of it if I ever made it on. Good to know. Love of the game just isn't a thing. Who knew.

I guess I'm a famewhore too since I really wanted to be on The Amazing Race. I hate attention on myself, really hate it and I'm super shy, but I loved TAR and love travel and always dreamed about being in TAR. But I got cancer and that dream went out the window.

Apply to Big Brother Canada!! It would be a once in a lifetime experience.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Sounds like Grodner's over this season as much as we are. Also, heh:

From everything that you’ve seen, plus the segment we saw tonight, how would you describe the mood in the jury house right now?

Bitter…I don’t remember the last season where every single juror, with the exception of Cody, was clueless on the way out only to realize the truth about their eviction once in the jury house. Not only are they upset to have been played by those remaining in the BB game, they are very upset with the delusions and the mere presence of Maven.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Sounds like Grodner's over this season as much as we are. Also, heh:

From everything that you’ve seen, plus the segment we saw tonight, how would you describe the mood in the jury house right now?

Bitter…I don’t remember the last season where every single juror, with the exception of Cody, was clueless on the way out only to realize the truth about their eviction once in the jury house. Not only are they upset to have been played by those remaining in the BB game, they are very upset with the delusions and the mere presence of Maven.

I wonder if she has been privy to more than we saw on the episode.  I would love to learn that production/Will decided to churn them up into a lather to have a dynamic shut out for Paul.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

I must admit that Cody did not seem to have a lot of knowledge as to how this game should be played. Either that or also he was not able to figure out a winning strategy under those house conditions. Wouldn't you admit that would be a huge obstacle for most anyone to surmount? Even for a returning player. But Cody was not a returning player. This was his first time playing the game and it would be incredibly difficult for anyone to figure out a winning strategy in the face of Production giving Paul such huge advantages and the rest of the house being such terrible players they couldn't see through Paul. Cody saw thru Paul right from the beginning. But almost no one else did. I can well understand how Cody could easily just give up on finding a way to win this game. That would be incredibly difficult for almost anyone. Very understandable he would behave the way he did. I'm just happy he seems to have found some real love with Jessica - no matter how long it lasts. I have great admiration and gratitude towards Cody for serving our country as a combat soldier. Can't really question his bravery at all. If there is a God, then I would ask God bless him and give him a happy life.

Maybe they will give Cody another shot next season with all the Bells and Whistles Paul got!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe they will give Cody another shot next season with all the Bells and Whistles Paul got!

Don't worry! We'll bitch if that happens. We're a hypocritical, judgey bunch. 

(Usual disclaimer, not every poster, not speaking for everyone, blah blah blah.)

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Unless there was a big pile of cash up front, I can't see Cody going anywhere near BB ever again.

Never say never, but I wouldn't bet the rent money.

• Love 3

I was just thinking.  If Cody doesn't have much.  Can't fix his truck and works at a low paying job then the salary he is receiving for just being on this show all Summer must be a huge windfall to him and his family.  Didn't somebody say they make quite a bit each week and then onto jury.  Could be a tidy sum of money that could get him back on his feet again.  Just saying.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

NO. VETS.

Or all-vets only, but they just refuse to give us that, along with Pressure Cooker 2.0, jury house feeds, and letting things play out naturally.

Could you imagine an all-vet Pressure Cooker? I mean vets who came to play, not ones who play like this crop of HGs (minus Paul).

I'm so thankful that Pressure Cooker didn't make its triumphant return this season. Paul would have convinced them all to stop holding their buttons five minutes in and it would have been no different from Ready, Set, Whoa. 

• Love 14

I watched the jury house segment again.  It is so clear to me that Jason and Mark, particularly, will lace into Raven and Matt with no provocation.  We may see the tension showing on Matt and Raven in the back yard interviews.  Seriously skewed fuck heads, those two.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shelley1234 said:

If Cody came into the house for the sole purpose to get a better life for his daughter and then admitted wanting to throw it away a few weeks in for a girl he just met....well, that's pretty shitty.  

Purely my own impression - but I got the feeling:

1. As soon as Cody got the vibe he wasn't going to win the Big Bucks, he wanted out ASAFP - and if it benefited Jessica's game to do so, so much the better.
  2. Unfortunately the game timing - and other HGs' perceptions - were such that Jessica got the eviction (and freedom to go back home) he desired, and his ass got parked in the JH instead.  
  3. Now Cody can't leave without forfeiting what stipend cash he does have coming, which would make this entire summer's sacrifice a total bust.
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Could you imagine an all-vet Pressure Cooker? I mean vets who came to play, not ones who play like this crop of HGs (minus Paul).

I'm so thankful that Pressure Cooker didn't make its triumphant return this season. Paul would have convinced them all to stop holding their buttons five minutes in and it would have been no different from Ready, Set, Whoa. 

Yes...unless it happened while Cody was still in the house, and he and Paul could've had their man-off once and for all. I can just imagine them twelve hours in, Paul with his finger on the button but just barely, squatting in agony and silently praying for production to throw him a bone, while Cody remains still as a statue, trying not to crack a smile at the suffering of this dumbass gnome of a civilian who can't handle a little dead fish in the room.

I can also imagine them bringing it back and then one of the punishments unleashed when you open the wrong box is Raven enters the Pressure Cooker to "entertain" the remaining players. "It's Arkansassy, y'all!" [does a cartwheel, starts barking and throwing cereal at them] Mass exodus ensues.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, PhoneCop said:

I can also imagine them bringing it back and then one of the punishments unleashed when you open the wrong box is Raven enters the Pressure Cooker to "entertain" the remaining players. "It's Arkansassy, y'all!" [does a cartwheel, starts barking and throwing cereal at them] Mass exodus ensues.

If this gives me nightmares tonight, I'm so blaming you. That's a frightening idea. 

• Love 5

Ooh. You know what'd be even better? Matt enters with her and tries to wipe down the remaining players with towels of uncertain provenance. That would greatly accelerate any comp that production wants to end. This could also work as a Pandora's Box punishment.

Raven could be the new Jessie, is what I'm basically saying.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I am forgetting how the different rounds work.    Does this mean that Paul (winner of Part 1) and National Fruitcake Day compete against each other in Part 3 (leaving the winner to decide who goes to Final 2)?

If that leak is true then yes. I fully expect Kwanzaa to throw it to Paul though making Paul the decider of who goes to the F2 to him.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I am forgetting how the different rounds work.    Does this mean that Paul (winner of Part 1) and National Fruitcake Day compete against each other in Part 3 (leaving the winner to decide who goes to Final 2)?

Paul (round one winner) will compete with round 2 winner in round 3.  Round 3 winner chooses who goes with them to finals. 

I am thrilled to hear the jury is bitter and Raven and Matt are the only ones who will vote for Paul!!  As it stand now, of course. 

This is just so good. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, green said:

One, Jason isn't being praised on this board for going on the show to win money for his kid.  No one here ever EVER said "ahhhh good old Jason trying so hard to provide for his kid".  Two, his kid lives with him every day of his life.  That is a lot better than summer visitation rules.  Absolutely correct!  Jason gets no praise and in fact he just may have ruined his business.  Him leaving his child is beans compared to his remarks on rape.

The fact that he says he is doing this for his daughter really REALLY makes me angry.  He didn't put his daughter first.  He put his sorry famewhore self first.  I hate people who "use" their little kids to make people like them or give them money.  Low lifes all.

You either put your kid first and spend time with her which is what she would want.  Or you go after some jury money because it is the lazy way to get your truck fixed as opposed to working hard to do it.  He made his choice to famewhore instead of spending time with a 5 year old who couldn't care a fig for money which she wouldn't even see anyway because ... truck.  Crap on him.  While worded differently than I would have, I agree.  Kids worry about their parents and internalize any disruption in their schedule as them being bad.  Every family runs into financial trouble at one time or another.  We did when I was a kid and my mom would later recall our "poor" status.  None of us kids remember being poor we just remember being happy.

And also guess who will get to see her daddy literally screw some strange woman he met a few days earlier when she goes online in the future because all that footage never leaves the web.  Great example to your "beloved" kid their, Cody.  Do you know what that kind of behavior does to a young kid because she will be seeing it online before she reaches her tweens obviously.  That and seeing her father coldly hate poor Megan for no reason and bully and dictate to everyone.  No this dude is no father of the year candidate. Exact opposite "using" his kid that way.  Terrible behavior.  Let's not forget his transphobic slurs.  Being 5 a child does know what he and Jessica were doing and just his overall demeanor in the house was not a good example for her to see.  What I don't like is that parents in the house can't even contact their children during the whole 3 - 4 months if they get to jury.

I found this article from last year that gives an overview of how the whole thing works and it includes the pay.  I had no idea the pay was so low.  $750 a week?  So Cody will earn a little bit under $11,000.  Since it is not work it will be taxed at a higher amount.  I never understand anyone who goes on a gameshow to provide for their family.  The odds of winning are very low and the odds of making a fool out of yourself is very high.  How many BB players have lost jobs over this?

• Love 6
Just now, Callaphera said:

HA! If that leak from HW is legit, this season could end on a surprisingly high note. At least if you're in the Anybody but Paul camp.

AG mentioned the jury being bitter in that short interview.  I believe it. 

• Love 3

Kevin was at the round table and no mention of him voting for Paul so he may have had his eyes opened?  This is one thing that makes me question this leak.  I don't see Kevin not voting for Paul. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

If that leak is true then yes. I fully expect Kwanzaa to throw it to Paul though making Paul the decider of who goes to the F2 to him.

I think so.  She will throw it to him like an idiot, and Paul will boot Columbus Day out on her caboose. 

Earlier on the feeds, she was missing for a while, and Josh and Paul were wondering what happened to her.  When she finally emerged (I guess she had been in the DR all that time), she told Paul that she had something stuck in her eye.... and yet, her voice was weepy-sounding, as though she had just come out of a marathon sob-fest.   So I am assuming she was in the DR, crying and lamenting over how she is going to have to let one of her 2 men go and it breaks her heart, blah blah.  Meanwhile, she will be the one who is going, so she needn't worry about hurting Josh or Paul.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Kevin was at the round table and no mention of him voting for Paul so he may have had his eyes opened?  This is one thing that makes me question this leak.  I don't see Kevin not voting for Paul. 

Maybe, once he left the studio to go to sequester, the goodbye messages finally clicked in his head and that made him rethink his pro-Paul status. Paul did lie directly in his goodbye message while Josh told him the real truth. If Kevin thought about the goodbye messages, maybe it changed his perspective.

God, if Collect Rocks Day won Pt 2, I'm going to be a little more than bitter. I really need Josh to win it so that the possibility of Paul being taken out before F2 is a possibility. I know the bitter jury leak is tempting to believe, but I'd rather not take the chance. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe, once he left the studio to go to sequester, the goodbye messages finally clicked in his head and that made him rethink his pro-Paul status. Paul did lie directly in his goodbye message while Josh told him the real truth. If Kevin thought about the goodbye messages, maybe it changed his perspective.

God, if Collect Rocks Day won Pt 2, I'm going to be a little more than bitter. I really need Josh to win it so that the possibility of Paul being taken out before F2 is a possibility. I know the bitter jury leak is tempting to believe, but I'd rather not take the chance. 

AG mentioned bitter jury so HW may not be off base here.  I am not sure Josh can win against Black Friday but I do believe he could opposite Paul.  This is a change in thinking for me.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I'm surprised of Cody would vote for a sheep. He at least wasn't an ally of Paul's and knew the others were being used.  He knows Paul was the alpha competitor.

Unless the others went in and told him more stuff to make him hate Paul.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I'm surprised of Cody would vote for a sheep. He at least wasn't an ally of Paul's and knew the others were being used.  He knows Paul was the alpha competitor.

Unless the others went in and told him more stuff to make him hate Paul.

What he said in anger when he left could easily have changed.  Matt and Raven being so loyal could have something to do with it.  He hates everyone and doesn't care.   Might have come down to who he wants to see with the money.  

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, it kinda sounds like your votes are not counting. I have asked CBS for confirmation on this and am waiting for a reply. I will let everyone here know when/if I get one.

So, if these votes are don't count (and there's nothing on the CBS Big Brother website informing people of that), that means there are thousands of people who are not members of All-Access or who don't read fan boards who are voting daily, thinking their votes are counting.  As someone said upthread, CBS apparently just wants hits to their site.  It's so very sneaky of them.  

• Love 3

I believe the jury is bitter and I will revel in that, but I still think they're all gonna vote for Paul. This season has just consistently sucked so I imagine that will continue into the finale.

ETA: Oh also, the winner of Part 2 has won the past 5 seasons so I'm gonna really need that rumor about National Cherry Popover Day winning to be false.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Cody's choice to go on BB was no different than, say, a father who took a 3-month tour working the Alaska pipeline to provide for his family

I don't agree with this.  On a pipeline, oil rig, in a rig etc you can face time all you want and you know you will get paid.  Going on a gameshow to hope to win money isn't prudent in my book.  YMMV.

3 hours ago, Sandycat said:

I guess I'm a famewhore too since I really wanted to be on The Amazing Race.

TAR is a completely different game and at least you get to see the world and you get to the end by your own steam, mostly.

• Love 1

Yeah, I suspect somewhere between him ordering the others to ignore the Tree of Temptation and throwing the comp to Samhain, production got over Paul's Napoleon complex. If the winds are still blowing his way, I don't know that they'd necessarily try to redirect them, but if this jury's bitter, then they might just let them be bitter.

[crossing fingers] ...hopefully. We don't know how the jury will react to the F2, plus what Peach just said. So I'll believe it when I see it—same as every week prior, it's a long wait to the live eviction and there's still game left to play.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-big-brother-reunion-show-after-the-finale

Just saw someone post on a Youtube clip, that Mother's Day won part 2. 

JFC josh. You can't even beat a gimpy Christmas in a physical comp?!? Useless 

on the plus side Paul will likely do very well with part 3. Even tho the questions are mostly crap shoots - because he's spent a solid amount of time with most of the jury members. 

25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe the jury is bitter and I will revel in that, but I still think they're all gonna vote fore Paul. This season has just consistently sucked so I imagine that will continue into the finale.

ETA: Oh also, the winner of Part 2 has won the past 5 seasons so I'm gonna really need that rumor about National Cherry Popover Day winning to be false.

[Makes sweeping bow] Love the stats!  Thanks.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

That part 3 is always a crapshoot. I still can't believe Steve won that part over Vanessa. 

Not totally.  You have to have paid attention to your fellow HGs and have some faculties gathered.  I was shocked Vanessa didn't win that either.  I was dashed.  

27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe the jury is bitter and I will revel in that, but I still think they're all gonna vote for Paul. This season has just consistently sucked so I imagine that will continue into the finale.

I don't believe the rumor Festivus won.  It was too soon and there is nothing on reddit.  I am getting alarmingly giddy at the thought Josh could win this.  I will settle in a minute, just poured a tequila.

• Love 3