Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

What really kills me is that he mentioned he only sees his child during the summer and yet gave that up to play a game.  What a great dad!

I don't think he gave up his summer with his child to play a game.  I think he gave up his summer to try and win a half million dollars to perhaps make his child's life easier.  If that's the case, I think he's a great dad.  

• Love 11

Does anyone else feel like Kevin's voice changed from the beginning of the season to now? Thursday it just seemed like the way he talked on Thursday, especially during his interview after the show was a little different. 

I bet Raven and Matt are having a very uncomfortable time in the jury house.  No one has to tolerate them any more and I am sure they are not. Why would they want to engage a compulsive liar and her idiot fuck buddy.  Sure they have each other but it is a different vibe from the house where they isolated by choice rather than being driven to hole up away from the others.  And they were convinced they were loved and their fights would make the broadcasts and maybe even AFP!   I wonder if anyone brought up some of her lies to poke at her.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, burgerbitz said:

I think that Alex was also suspicious of the relationship that Jason had with Kevin, which made her dislike Kevin. Jason and Kevin were pretty close from the beginning and I don't think Alex was too crazy about that scenario. I really think because Jason was her "ride or die" that just insert name here for anyone close to Jason and she would hate them. Except for the her god, Paul, of course, but Jason rightfully never fully trusted him. 

I think Alex was jealous, not suspicious. She has a lot of growing up to do imho.

8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I bet Raven and Matt are having a very uncomfortable time in the jury house.  No one has to tolerate them any more and I am sure they are not. Why would they want to engage a compulsive liar and her idiot fuck buddy.  Sure they have each other but it is a different vibe from the house where they isolated by choice rather than being driven to hole up away from the others.  And they were convinced they were loved and their fights would make the broadcasts and maybe even AFP!   I wonder if anyone brought up some of her lies to poke at her.  

I do hope so! She's so dense, I'm not sure she would know someone was poking fun at her,

16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think he gave up his summer with his child to play a game.  I think he gave up his summer to try and win a half million dollars to perhaps make his child's life easier.  If that's the case, I think he's a great dad.  

I agree, he wanted to win the money. Why question him, and not Jason! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

.What really kills me is that he mentioned he only sees his child during the summer and yet gave that up to play a game.  What a great dad!

This is one point I don't think gets half as much attention as it should. He was willing to give up a crucial amount of time in a crucial period of time with a daughter he rarely seems to see to go on a reality TV show? This says a lot about his priorities.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Kids, I have one, would rather have as much time with you as they can.  I think his child is about 4 years old - If the child lives in another state and your only time with her is used to play a game then I do think it was a bad choice.  Kids don't understand about finances or college funds at that age.  They just know a parent chose to not be with them.

I will give Cody the kudos for knowing Paul's game but he then lost any points by blindsiding his entire team.  He had no social game and it would seem his social skills are lacking in the jury house.  If this means he will not vote for Paul then hurray.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, TimWil said:

This is one point I don't think gets half as much attention as it should. He was willing to give up a crucial amount of time in a crucial period of time with a daughter he rarely seems to see to go on a reality TV show? This says a lot about his priorities.

What does it say about Jason? Isn't his first child around the same age? And he has another on the way? But it's totally cool for Jason to leave his wife and kid and kid-to-be at home and not for Cody?

ETA: This line of thought always bothers me because I come from a very small logging industry town (well okay, it's now a tourism town but it used to be a logging town). We had fathers leaving their children at home, younger and older, with their mothers, in order to go up to logging camp a province away to work for 3 months straight with little to no contact back home. And just like Cody and Jason in this case, they were trying to make better lives for their children. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What does it say about Jason? Isn't his first child around the same age? And he has another on the way? But it's totally cool for Jason to leave his wife and kid and kid-to-be at home and not for Cody?

Jason sees his child every day in life.  I do agree it is hard for a child so small.  Kevin's kids are teens + so they can understand.  Big Brother makes them be away for over 3 months, that is a long time.  If I understand correctly, Cody lives in another state than his child.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

I'm sure Matt's family & friends will clue him about Raven a minute after the broadcast ends. LOL!!! Granted, he's no prize either but that girl is certifiabley crazy. I just hope he doesn't get her pregnant in the jury house. LOL!!!! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I am shocked! The finale is on September 20th and Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on that night. Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves. Do they not celebrate and as the head of CBS he had the ability to schedule the finale a day earlier. 

if Paul takes Josh to f2 and not her, Passover may have a real meltdown on live TV. 

Sundown Wednesday is at 6:52 PM, so Julie will just be fashionably late  :)

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, TimWil said:

This is one point I don't think gets half as much attention as it should. He was willing to give up a crucial amount of time in a crucial period of time with a daughter he rarely sees to see to go on a reality TV show? This says a lot about his priorities.

I am quoting you for I think you said it best.

Maybe you have to have a child to understand what they go through.  Being with a child in another state just adds to discussion.

• Love 1

Paisley lives just down the street from Cody's mother.  He probably sees more of her than just the summer.  That is the time she lives with him.  My guess is that he goes up for holidays at the very least but probably more.  His mother is very involved in her life. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

I'm old (older than Kevin, even), so I may not remember correctly, but I'm sure it was when he got sulky & teary eyed when coming out of the DR. Love that APD reference. I was planning on using Ramadan at some point but someone else beat me to it. ;-) If they do get together, I hope they don't have kids. It may be a bunch of Rhodas like from "The Bad Seed". Great old movie that I watch whenever it comes on. 

I'm older than Kevin too, and I always thought that Natalie from Big Brother 11 was serial killer Rhoda from The Bad Seed all growed up.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paisley lives just down the street from Cody's mother.  He probably sees more of her than just the summer.  That is the time she lives with him.  My guess is that he goes up for holidays at the very least but probably more.  His mother is very involved in her life. 

Aw, hell. Go after him for allowing his kid to be named Paisley rather than whether he's a shitty father for leaving for three months. No offense to anyone who is named/named their kid that but damn, it's a fabric print, not a name. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

I just sit here and I'm so confused at people in the house and how they think.  Cody is a real man.  Cody has all this life experience, he has a child, and at least one past broken relationship. Cody has lost a brother. Cody has served for us in the military many times. Cody has a job he despises, selling door to door. I feel for Cody on so many levels. Many reasons to be stressed, yet in the house he never has lost his temper or bullied anyone.   Is he the nicest most friendly guy you ever met? No.. he is rude and says a mean jab here or there. Although I feel he's been provoked...  But Paul.  Paul is a coddled spoiled rich boy who is adored and given everything by his parents.  There's nothing wrong with being rich, who wouldn't want to be rich?  I'm just talking about his life experiences. He lives at home with them in this splendid mansion, fiddles around designing clothes, playing in a band, putting glitter in his gross beard,  whatever he likes to do, he does.  Apparently it's been quite a smooth ride for Paul.  So I don't get why he is such a freaking horrible mean lying repulsive feral bully. And I don't understand why all the HG gravitate to him, and try to please him and do his bidding, rather than Cody. I would choose Cody any day over Paul.  Is it the modicum of "fame" Paul has because he's been on the show before? Is that more meaningful to these people than the life that Cody is living?  I do not understand it st all.  I hope upon leaving here that Cody has a happy life going forward, perhaps with Jessica, idk, but I wish him well.  I don't think Paul needs any good luck wishes from me. His life seems to be just ducky, and sadly I think he's about to become half a million richer.  What's worse too is he's about to salve that ego which is so bruised from not winning last year. 

I think the lemmings went with Paul when Cody chose not to discuss his eviction nominations with the rest of the house, so they all felt alienated.  It was a weak game move on Cody's part that set up this season's trainwreck.  But yeah, I too would stand by Cody over Paul every time.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Jason sees his child every day in life.  I do agree it is hard for a child so small.  Kevin's kids are teens + so they can understand.  Big Brother makes them be away for over 3 months, that is a long time.  If I understand correctly, Cody lives in another state than his child.

That doesn't wash with me. Cody can see his daughter and does, he gave up one summer in the hopes of making some money. Lots of pictures I saw have Cody with his ex, and his daughter. Put it this way, on BI- Paradise, Amanda has been on twice, and once on the bachelor. She not only leaves her daughters to find love( barf) she introduces her daughters to them. If were talking bad parenting, I choose Amanda!

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 13
On 9/15/2017 at 2:29 AM, DakotaLavender said:

I voted for him for AFP but I think there is something seriously wrong with him. I think he needs extreme help, he seems like he could do bizarre things. These types "go postal." I am not saying HE will, but his type does. In the Jury House tonight, his behavior was still very strange. 

I guarantee he and Jessica are done by Christmas. She already asked him if he is a "hot head" and he did not deny it. She will run from him shortly after the show is over. 

You may be right. But my first reaction is that I think I would behave in pretty much the same way Cody did.

I would be very angry that Production gave such insane preferential treatment to Paul. Why on earth would they give him 3 weeks of safety to begin? He is a returning vet and has already has plenty of advantages. I think the fact that he is a returning vet gives him plenty of an advantage as is. He doesn't need any more. Something smells rotten to me that he was given so many advantages.

I know that I couldn't stand up during a live show and accuse Production of cheating. That would never make it to the air. On live shows, Production has a 6 or 7 second delay so if someone says or does something that is against the FAA rules, it can be cut and it won't be broadcast.

I would just be truly disgusted at the way that Production gave him so many unfair advantages and also disgusted at the way the rest of the house was so stupid they could claim to be huge BB fans but have no idea that Paul was lying to everyone and playing such a dirty game. Especially since they could see that from the previous season in which he played.

The only behavior I could see that would prevent me from not doing any physical harm to some of the other HGs would be to just disassociate myself from them as much as possible and that is exactly what Cody did.

As far as the kind of person that goes crazy and gets a gun and shoots and kills a whole bunch of people, as I see it, these people are almost always described by their neighbors as "such a quiet guy ... would never hurt a fly". This makes sense because if someone is planning on getting a gun and killing a whole lot of people, they would not succeed if they told their plans to other people. They would succeed by keeping it a secret until the moment they pull out the gun. So, it's only reasonable they would be described as very quiet and the type of person that would never hurt anyone. Cody did not behave that way. I don't believe he is the kind of person who would become terribly violent like that. Especially since he seems to have found love with Jessica. He would not want to risk spending the rest of  his life in prison. He would want to spend that time with Jessica instead.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

OMG!  I disagree with so much in that statement.  Cody is not a REAL man, he's a bully who did not get his way.  He thought he could just ride into the house and mow everyone down by his awesomeness.  When his plan did not work out he picked up his toys and hid in his room.  I have military people in my family but they usually are in it for the long haul.  Not one of them would go on a gameshow and besmirch the good name of whatever branch they are from.  Oddly enough these people are the kindest, most honest people I know.  He is has none of these qualities, none of which were shown anyways.  He has a job he despises?  Welcome to the real world of work and family.  Most of us channel that despise into college and a change of career.  He has lost his temper over and over and he was a bully.  What really kills me is that he mentioned he only sees his child during the summer and yet gave that up to play a game.  What a great dad!

I don't see Cody as a bully. I see him as antisocial who probably shouldn't have come onto a show that doesn't fit the type of person that he is, but he didn't bully anyone. He also lost his temper once, at Paul, and then once at Josh, who was antagonizing him for the purpose of getting Cody to lose his temper (and then he learned quickly not to engage and he ignored people). Is Cody rude? Yes, absolutely. Does he say mean stuff when heated? Yes. Is he a bully? Nope, not from what I've seen. He's honest, blunt, and rude, but not a bully. Cody showed his kindness to the people he respected in the house (Jess, Mark, Elena, Kevin). 

Also, there have been plenty of houseguests who left their kids to come onto Big Brother. What he did was try to win for the money, not for the fame. I have no doubt, judging from what he know about Cody and his daughter, that a good portion of the money would have gone to her. He loves his daughter; he's shown that with respectfully keeping her name out of the game, to protect her. The few conversations he's had about Paisley has shown the love and devotion he has for her. Hell, he even has respect for the mother of his child by talking very highly of her. Paisley also lives close to his parents, so even if he doesn't have custody of her during the school year, his side of the family probably sees her. It's not that he only sees her during the summer; it's that he just doesn't have custody of her until the summer, so she can have a normal school year.

I see him as a good dad who does what he can to support his child. He's not a deadbeat dad, from what we know. But the thing is is that we don't know the entirety of Cody's situation with his child, so we don't know what other arrangements are made. Does Cody go visit her every month? I assume he goes back home to visit family, and I assume that includes his daughter. Does he Skype/Facetime her every week? Does he pay child support? 

I think that he's a fine dad given from only what we know. There has been nothing that says otherwise to me. Maybe Cody and the mom worked something out that he'll get to have her for Christmas this year; maybe they found arrangements to accommodate for Cody playing Big Brother this summer. But I personally don't see him as a bad dad for wanting to try to win $500,000. I doubt he'd keep it all to himself. From what we know of Cody, he doesn't seem like the type to just spend all the money on himself. He also even said in his exit interview to Julie that he's ready to see his daughter. It's not like he's having the time of his life on the show; it's just that his first priority is the money. He can't exactly leave jury now because then he doesn't get that money. 

Also, there have been plenty of parents, single parents or not, that have played the game. They are not bad people for wanting to spend the summer trying to win $500,000. It's better than seeing what's happening this season, with everyone throwing away the first prize money for their Mentor Paul.

• Love 22
Just now, RandomWatcher said:

Christmas.  Everywhere here, instead of using her actual name, are using other random holidays.

LOL, yes I know!  I do it in every post!  I have never heard of a holiday called Beltine

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, hhawks said:

I think the lemmings went with Paul when Cody chose not to discuss his eviction nominations with the rest of the house, so they all felt alienated.  It was a weak game move on Cody's part that set up this season's trainwreck.  But yeah, I too would stand by Cody over Paul every time.

I must admit that Cody did not seem to have a lot of knowledge as to how this game should be played. Either that or also he was not able to figure out a winning strategy under those house conditions. Wouldn't you admit that would be a huge obstacle for most anyone to surmount? Even for a returning player. But Cody was not a returning player. This was his first time playing the game and it would be incredibly difficult for anyone to figure out a winning strategy in the face of Production giving Paul such huge advantages and the rest of the house being such terrible players they couldn't see through Paul. Cody saw thru Paul right from the beginning. But almost no one else did. I can well understand how Cody could easily just give up on finding a way to win this game. That would be incredibly difficult for almost anyone. Very understandable he would behave the way he did. I'm just happy he seems to have found some real love with Jessica - no matter how long it lasts. I have great admiration and gratitude towards Cody for serving our country as a combat soldier. Can't really question his bravery at all. If there is a God, then I would ask God bless him and give him a happy life.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I must admit that Cody did not seem to have a lot of knowledge as to how this game should be played. Either that or also he was not able to figure out a winning strategy under those house conditions. Wouldn't you admit that would be a huge obstacle for most anyone to surmount? Even for a returning player. But Cody was not a returning player. This was his first time playing the game and it would be incredibly difficult for anyone to figure out a winning strategy in the face of Production giving Paul such huge advantages and the rest of the house being such terrible players they couldn't see through Paul. Cody saw thru Paul right from the beginning. But almost no one else did. I can well understand how Cody could easily just give up on finding a way to win this game. That would be incredibly difficult for almost anyone. Very understandable he would behave the way he did. I'm just happy he seems to have found some real love with Jessica - no matter how long it lasts. I have great admiration and gratitude towards Cody for serving our country as a combat soldier. Can't really question his bravery at all. If there is a God, then I would ask God bless him and give him a happy life.

well said

• Love 4

I like how we've run out of creative U.S. holiday names to call Christmas so we've gone on to other holidays. Or is National Doughnut Day too much of a stretch? 

The holiday names remind me so much of the V-names for Victoria. Man, we riffed on that for awhile before we got (gently) mod slapped for it. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

OMG!  I disagree with so much in that statement.  Cody is not a REAL man, he's a bully who did not get his way.  He thought he could just ride into the house and mow everyone down by his awesomeness.  When his plan did not work out he picked up his toys and hid in his room.  I have military people in my family but they usually are in it for the long haul.  Not one of them would go on a gameshow and besmirch the good name of whatever branch they are from.  Oddly enough these people are the kindest, most honest people I know.  He is has none of these qualities, none of which were shown anyways.  He has a job he despises?  Welcome to the real world of work and family.  Most of us channel that despise into college and a change of career.  He has lost his temper over and over and he was a bully.  What really kills me is that he mentioned he only sees his child during the summer and yet gave that up to play a game.  What a great dad!

I agree with you about Paul 100%.  I can't stand either of them and can't stand most of the house.

One of the very best posts I've read in this thread.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think he sucks.  Kid is 5 years old.  She wants her daddy.  not money that he would never ever win.  Cody went on the show NOT for her daughter.  He went on the show because he is, like everyone else this season, is a giant, egotistical famewhore.  Period.

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

Couldn't of said it better. 

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

One, Jason isn't being praised on this board for going on the show to win money for his kid.  No one here ever EVER said "ahhhh good old Jason trying so hard to provide for his kid".  Two, his kid lives with him every day of his life.  That is a lot better than summer visitation rules.

55 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

But we're completely glossing over the "trying to make a better life for his child" part of the equation. Clearly the dude can't even pay to fix his truck with the job he has in the outside world, if we take him at his word. Has Cody ever seemed like he was in this for him? No, not at all. He clearly has a loving relationship with his daughter. I mean, vilify the guy for whatever game transgressions he has made. That's cool. But really? 

It bugged me just as much when people were calling Da'Vonne a shitty mother for doing her first season (and then rumblings of it during her second season) when she had a very young child at home. 

Maybe he should work harder at his job, get a second or third job (like a LOT of Americans do) or find another job.  No.  He'd rather lounge around for a summer avoiding working hard then spending the summer with his daughter. 

The fact that he says he is doing this for his daughter really REALLY makes me angry.  He didn't put his daughter first.  He put his sorry famewhore self first.  I hate people who "use" their little kids to make people like them or give them money.  Low lifes all.

You either put your kid first and spend time with her which is what she would want.  Or you go after some jury money because it is the lazy way to get your truck fixed as opposed to working hard to do it.  He made his choice to famewhore instead of spending time with a 5 year old who couldn't care a fig for money which she wouldn't even see anyway because ... truck.  Crap on him.

And also guess who will get to see her daddy literally screw some strange woman he met a few days earlier when she goes online in the future because all that footage never leaves the web.  Great example to your "beloved" kid their, Cody.  Do you know what that kind of behavior does to a young kid because she will be seeing it online before she reaches her tweens obviously.  That and seeing her father coldly hate poor Megan for no reason and bully and dictate to everyone.  No this dude is no father of the year candidate. Exact opposite "using" his kid that way.  Terrible behavior.

Edited by green
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I like how we've run out of creative U.S. holiday names to call Christmas so we've gone on to other holidays. Or is National Doughnut Day too much of a stretch? 

26 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Beltine thinks Raven won't be able to handle the amount of ridicule she'll experience outside of the house.

National Guacamole Day might be on to something.  And yes, that's today :)  I should go to the store.......

https://nationaltoday.com/us/national-guacamole-day/

• Love 5
Just now, Gemma Violet said:

I disagree.  Fame whore would be one of the last words I'd use to describe Code.

No one with the possible exception of some of the Season 1 cast (entirely different show and they had no idea about stuff like that back then) goes on Big Brother unless he is a famewhore period.  You are on camera 24/7 and on national TV three times a week.  Nope every single last one of them are famewhores.  That is the very definition of a famewhore.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Beltine thinks Raven won't be able to handle the amount of ridicule she'll experience outside of the house.

How does she even know Raven will be ridiculed? She has not had the opportunity to read social media yet. 

3 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

How does she even know Raven will be ridiculed? She has not had the opportunity to read social media yet. 

This is an easy guess.  They know we see what they see.  They see a pathological liar and a girl who needs constant attention.  

• Love 4

Christmas does not seem to be there.  Earlier she had something in her eye.  Glitter was the suspected culprit.  She may be seeing a doctor about it now.  Mistake to blast them with that during the comp.  It is widely reported that it can cause corneal abrasions.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, docmatt said:

Clue me in, What in the hell is "Bi Paradise"?!?! That cannot be an actual show!

Bachelor in paradise.  A bunch of people who didn't get the final rose in bachelor/ette, all go to an island in Mexico to drink, fuck and cry.  Mostly cry.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Regarding all the back-and-forth about Cody and Jason: say whatever you want about them on a personal level - but anybody who thinks a father's primary reason for going through this particular little slice o' hell wasn't to provide something better for their kids doesn't know much about what it means to be a dad, and to feel that responsibility to take care of them in all ways - financially as well as emotionally.  And if Cody OR Jason saw the opportunity to make more than a decade's worth of salaries in a three-month span, then I for one don't fault them for making the sacrifice to take the shot.  

If Cody came into the house for the sole purpose to get a better life for his daughter and then admitted wanting to throw it away a few weeks in for a girl he just met....well, that's pretty shitty.  

• Love 6