Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Honeymoons Part 2

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Does anyone else find Cody a little awkward? Is he just nervous? He seems to lack some experience with girls. 

Yes. I agree, he does seem to be inexperienced with girls. I'm wondering if he's a virgin. 

• Love 6

Looks like Ashley & Anthony are hitting it off well. Would be surprised if they don't make it.

Nate & Sheila are the "maybe" couple, though a lot of that may be producer/editing driven.

Cody & Danielle are just not connecting, on any level. She's too old/mature for him and they just look like a mismatch. The energy is too different. Something like that.

• Love 11

Cody seems to be afraid of everything but I do like that he respects Danielle. Of course, he could be using that as an excuse to NOT have sex! Poor Danielle. She has been horny so many times and he totally missed it!

• Love 4

HOLY fucking shit, Nate.

Nate, you ingrate piece of sh8. How did he get this far? Did he bribe the show? Offer to fuck someone? My goodness. It's like watching a law school flunk-out argue at the Supreme Court. 

Ashley and Anthony will make it. They're like Jason & Cortney or Zoe and the other guy from the Australian version.

Cody and Danielle... ehh. 

• Love 13
Just now, hoosiermom said:

Whaaaat? Lol

I think it was walls, but for a minute i was confused, but also agreed with him.  Let those balls loose! Danielle wants them.

• Love 7

I've changed my mind about Ashley, I like her and I like her and Anthony as a couple.

oh Nate. smh. And here we go again, the pastor acted like the problem was Shelia's fault. Nate said the hurtful words, why didn't he talk to Nate? I felt that last season 'the experts' always blamed the women if there were any problems. Not looking good for these two.

Cody and Danielle are awkward. She should just jump his bones and get it over with. 

• Love 12

Cody so bizarre. 

I like Anthony and Ashley the best. I'm really rooting for them. Hopefully she can pull back on the baby talk - although he seems to have brought it up too. So I dunno. But she is only 30. She can wait a year or two to start trying. It's not like they want 5 kids. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, PupCal said:

People, people, I'm sure Nate and Sheila's issues will go away when they head back home and have his brother move in with them.

3 minutes ago, PupCal said:

People, people, I'm sure Nate and Sheila's issues will go away when they head back home and have his brother move in with them.

Yeah, right.  Funny.  I can't see that situation working out.  A teenage boy that doesn't drive yet and just being there.  Why doesn't his Father have him?   And then you have a husband who's an asshole on his honeymoon to his wife.  Sheila has her work cut out for her.  Nate with his fancy words and calling her "My Queen" is BS.  He reminds me of a tyrant.

• Love 5

That was sarcasm. Of course their issues are still gonna be there. Hell they'll probably multiply once they add in his brother. Nate has said his brother has to live with him so he can go to school but I can't remember if that's high school or college.

• Love 4

Hmmm, how do I talk about Nate and Sheila without hating on Nate? ?

Her little speech about wasting her twenties on guys who weren't ready and who she couldn't be herself with was sad.   The experts did her wrong on this one.

danielle is annoying with all the aggressive man nonsense, but she was also done a disservice.

Random: why is Dr.Pepper wearing that ugly yellow sweater?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, PupCal said:

That was sarcasm. Of course their issues are still gonna be there. Hell they'll probably multiply once they add in his brother. Nate has said his brother has to live with him so he can go to school but I can't remember if that's high school or college.

I know that was sarcasm.  That's why I was hysterical at your post.

• Love 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I think it was walls, but for a minute i was confused, but also agreed with him.  Let those balls loose! Danielle wants them.

DEAD

giphy.gif

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 4

I agree that Nate was completely wrong and hurtful to say that he didn't want to be married after their very first argument.  However, I don't think it's right for Sheila to lay all of her dysfunctional relationship baggage on Nate after knowing him for only 5 days. I like Sheila a lot, but it's not Nate's job, as her husband of less than a week, to heal her or to make up for what she didn't get in previous relationships.  Hopefully, that will come in time if they stay together.  And I don't think it's unreasonable for Nate to expect to have fun on his honeymoon.  

I feel sorry for Danielle and Cody.  They are totally mismatched. She will end up resenting having to teach him how to be an adult. 

• Love 22
(edited)

Nate . . . buddy.  You took a sharp left turn this week from immature 25-year-old to aggressive, obnoxious jackass.  I feel so sorry for his "queen" (*vomit*).  I have to echo @Adeejay's sentiments re: that crazy-ass Pastor Calvin saying that "nothing is unforgivable."  Uh, I can name several things that I would find unforgivable within a marriage.  Filling female heads with that crap is the kind of bullshit that causes them to blame themselves for every issue and gives men carte blanche to act like entitled, abusive assholes (looking at you, Josh and Anna Duggar).  Their marriage will. not. last and I suspect that Nate will learn nothing whatsoever from the experience.  

Cody and Danielle have absolutely no chance.  I disliked her on sight and he bores me to tears.  Sex issues aside, he's not ready for marriage, period.  As much as I dislike Danielle, it was unfair of the "experts" to pair her with a manchild who lives with his parents, regardless of the fact that he bought a gym.  Next.

Ashley and Anthony are adorable together.  I want them to succeed and I suspect that they might.  The potential issues I see for the future are Anthony losing patience with Ashley being high-maintenance and Anthony possibly losing interest in the caretaker role that will almost certainly evolve with time.  She needs to chill on the baby talk.  At least wait until you get home from the honeymoon before discussing your baby fever.  If Anthony is patient and Ashley learns to put some healthy distance between her and her sister/family, I think this marriage has a great chance of lasting.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Yes. I agree, he does seem to be inexperienced with girls. I'm wondering if he's a virgin. 

Me too.  He reminds me of the 40 year old virgin at 26.  Oh yeah, I'm a man, I eat fish eyes and zip line to prove to my woman that I'm not a little weenie!  Yeah, right, dude, we're not buying it and neither is she!  He talks in his voice overs about how he wanted to show her that he's a manly man - ugh, meanwhile she's taking the lead with everything and even his body language makes him look like a wilting little violet.  Whoever thought they would be a good match should have their "expert" papers revoked.  It was as obvious as a freight train coming from a mile away on a clear day!  Their energy together is all off.  This guy is way out of his depth.  Honestly, I would have had one interview with him and gone "NEXT"!

Nate, one thing Pastor Cal got right about you is that you're a BONEHEAD!  I just knew in my gut that all his protesting about how committed he was to his "queen" would fly out the window at the slightest little thing!  That is not a good sign, IMO.  He has to win and be right all the time, even on vacation with just her in the middle of paradise.  That's not just being competitive, it's being immature!  I would strangle him.  Sheila may be overreacting somewhat, but she's at least taking this that seriously that it matters enough to her to get really upset about it.  I really wanted these two to work out but now I just don't.  I don't like them as a couple.  Their energy is off, like Cody and Danielle.

Ashley and Anthony - God bless her, she is blind and thinks Anthony is handsome - I still think she would feel the same about a lamp post if it married her and promised her a baby.  The lamp post might actually be better looking.  I apologize, I know some people don't find him that offensive but I find him uglier every week.  Seeing him in that bathing suit - ugh.  Neither of them is the brightest bulb on the tree, but she is probably smarter than he is.  While her fear of having her feet eaten by sharks was a little overboard as most sharks are not much of a danger to us,  Anthony thinks sharks are more afraid of us than we are of them.  I never remember hearing that.  The two of them are boring to watch together.  At least Tom and Lilly had a certain energy together that was fun to watch.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

As much as I dislike Danielle, it was unfair of the "experts" to pair her with a manchild who lives with his parents, regardless of the fact that he bought a gym.

Why isn't Cody able to be himself? Who's stopping him? Despite his assurances to the contrary, he is definitely NOT mature for his age.

Has the show cast a much larger percentage of women who want a man -- A MAN! -- to make the decisions and dominate them than there are in the general population? Jeez, Danielle. Maybe try being a little softer and more yielding instead of staying at 10 and expecting your timid and insecure husband to take it to 11.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

Has the show cast a much larger percentage of women who want a man -- A MAN! -- to make the decisions and dominate them than there are in the general population? Jeez, Danielle. Maybe try being a little softer and more yielding instead of staying at 10 and expecting your timid and insecure husband to take it to 11.

I don't really think Danielle is asking for a man to make decisions for her and dominate her.  I think she is harping on the "manly" angle in her voiceovers and talking heads only because Cody is an immature "manchild" that doesn't act like an adult man.  I don't think she would be harping on that at all if she were paired with someone less immature and childish.  I don't think she needs to act softer and more yielding either.  IMO she is acting pretty soft and feminine, not dominant and intimidating, only next to him any woman would look more mature and dominant.  I think she's actually making it easy on him and he's just not able to reciprocate in kind.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7

I am not sure the man exists that can deal with the moody Sheila. I mean talk about uptight rigid buzzkill! Why should Nate take the blame for her lack of Self Esteem and Self loathing she has? The woman is extremely odd in behavior. Nate is not perfect but at least he has been trying. Run Nate from that Hoover who sucks all the fun out of life!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Snarklepuss said:

Ashley and Anthony - God bless her, she is blind and thinks Anthony is handsome - I still think she would feel the same about a lamp post if it married her and promised her a baby.  The lamp post might actually be better looking.  I apologize, I know some people don't find him that offensive but I find him uglier every week.  Seeing him in that bathing suit - ugh.  Neither of them is the brightest bulb on the tree, but she is probably smarter than he is. 

I actually find Anthony better looking each week but I think it's because she's so into him. And he's doing and being all the right things for her. Compared to the other two husbands, he's the shining star and it makes him more attractive IMO.

27 minutes ago, MsDiva2007 said:

I am not sure the man exists that can deal with the moody Sheila. I mean talk about uptight rigid buzzkill! Why should Nate take the blame for her lack of Self Esteem and Self loathing she has? The woman is extremely odd in behavior. Nate is not perfect but at least he has been trying. Run Nate from that Hoover who sucks all the fun out of life!

I agree to a certain extent. She obviously has some self-esteem issues and damage from past relationships that she was hoping this "experiment" would help heal. What better way to be sure you get a man who wants marriage than Married at First Sight? Poor thing. All that said though, he's an ass.

Danielle and Cody, smh. Disasterville. I think Danielle is being very patient right now but there aren't enough fish eyes in the world to turn him into the kind of guy she wants.  

• Love 12
(edited)
10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Ashley and Anthony - God bless her, she is blind and thinks Anthony is handsome - I still think she would feel the same about a lamp post if it married her and promised her a baby.  The lamp post might actually be better looking.  I apologize, I know some people don't find him that offensive but I find him uglier every week.

She just might have different taste than you. Doesn't make her blind. The man isn't a ogre. I don't see why some people find it hard to believe that she would find him attractive even if you don't.

Edited by Racj82
Believe
  • Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, Snarklepuss said:

Ashley and Anthony - God bless her, she is blind and thinks Anthony is handsome - I still think she would feel the same about a lamp post if it married her and promised her a baby.  The lamp post might actually be better looking.  I apologize, I know some people don't find him that offensive but I find him uglier every week.  Seeing him in that bathing suit - ugh.  Neither of them is the brightest bulb on the tree, but she is probably smarter than he is.  While her fear of having her feet eaten by sharks was a little overboard as most sharks are not much of a danger to us,  Anthony thinks sharks are more afraid of us than we are of them.  I never remember hearing that.  The two of them are boring to watch together.  At least Tom and Lilly had a certain energy together that was fun to watch.

C'mon, the guy's not an ogre. He's an average Joe and he seems nice enough. She's the one that has to be married to him so I guess it only really matters that she finds him attractive.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with where Cody is at this stage in his life but he is all wrong for Danielle. Kind of a bummer. They were cute on the wedding day.

Even if Nate and Shelia decide to stay married at the end of this they won't last. He's my age and I certainly wouldn't marry him with his behavior. Immature. She needs someone older.

Edited by ElectricCityy
  • Love 15

It hasn't been revealed yet...but there is something broken in Shelia that makes her act Jekyll/Hyde...too over the top.

N8=Nate, is an asshat for telling Shelia that he didn't want to be married to her after she disrespected him by rejecting the holding his hand.

His over reaction caused him to say the most hurtful and wrongest thing he could possibly say to Shelia, who is determined to drive him away with her over wrought behaviors.

N8 just confirmed her greatest fear, that as soon as she did something he didn't like or approve, he was out the door.

He does have this over idealized picture of how a husband and wife should act but he hasn't know Shelia long enough to share his hard fast rules.

How was she to guess hand holding was mandatory?

Shelia keeps sabotaging the honeymoon with her tantrums...the quiet and stone faced hissy fit is better than the teary, snotty and wailing histrionics.

The mood swings in those two makes me dizzy.

• Love 13
(edited)
51 minutes ago, OwlBwise2 said:

I think Anthony is cute. Why can't your average joe be in search of a wife, on TV? They may be the only couple that makes it this season. 

Maybe it's me, but I see him as "below average" in the looks department.  That doesn't make him unworthy of finding a wife, but I do think Ashley is in a better looking category than he is.  YMMV.  Maybe if he was a more interesting person I'd find him a little more attractive but I don't think he's that bright.  Again, YMMV.  If that's what floats Ashley's boat, God bless her.

ETA:  "Average" looks are actually better looking than I originally thought.  Computer generated composite photos that meld thousands of photos of young people together into one general photo have proven this.  Anthony would not even measure up to that!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

I think Nate was really immature and hurtful. But I'm going to give him props for apologizing at dinner. I liked that when Sheila had her melt down he didn't interrupt her. I felt so bad for her in that moment and I'm glad he didn't cut her off or challenge her feelings.  

I think Anthony is nice looking until he smiles, and then he becomes good looking. He has a very nice smile and his eyes light up. A nice smile always gets me.

I think Ashley is getting an unfair edit about the baby making. I'm pretty sure Anthony asked what is her "best case scenario" for trying and she said if they were together and things were good a year from now she would want to start. A year out being the best case scenario sounds good to me, especially since she spent five years hoping her last BF would get there only to realize it just wasn't going to happen. 

I feel badly for Cody and Danielle. They were so mis-matched and it becomes more and more obvious each episode.  They have got to be feeling it but feel so much pressure to continue with the experiment. 

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I think Anthony is nice looking until he smiles, and then he becomes good looking. He has a very nice smile and his eyes light up. A nice smile always gets me.

I will admit that Anthony has a cute grin but that's not enough to distract me from his short arms, pudgy cheeks, and generally pudgy physique, close-set beady eyes, bulbous nose and barrel chest (not to mention the prominent ears).  IMO he only looks good when he grins from dead-on but not any other angle.  But hey, whatever floats anyone's boat!  He's a nice guy so that gives him major points right there!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4
(edited)

Like she said @Snarklepuss

I am not as put off by Anthony's looks as you are but I don't find him physically attractive, either.  I do think a spray tan would do wonders.   

Ashley is a beautiful woman.  I am baffled as to why she has not found a man.  Does she attach too quickly and scare them off with baby talk too soon?  I think that may be the case.   She may want to be married more than focusing on the man himself. 

Here we go with the "you disrespected me" shit.  In other words, 'how dare you!  Pure arrogance and Sheila is arrogant, too.   Though she did have a legitimate beef with the ping pong game, she addressed the issue poorly.   Come on experts, step in and help them with their communication.  Jesus.  

Cory, oh good god just fuck her, for cryin' out loud.  You are making sex out to be a bigger deal than it is.   It isn't like buying a house of moving to another country.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
(edited)

These experts keep doing the same thing every season and it fails every single time. Their reasoning for putting people together is because their opposites and they'll balance each other out. While I have seen couples that that works for in real life, it isn't always the case. Looking at Danielle and Cody I just don't see it. She doesn't strike me as the type that likes pretty boys. Looks wise I picture her to like a guy with tattoos, more stocky. And personality wise someone more confident and daredevil. I agree that they are mismatched . Every season they rationalize setting up people based on them being opposites.

I like Ashley and Anthony together, but I find Ashley a little creepy and borrrrring.. I disagree with people who think Ashley is better looking than Anthony. She looks kinda plastic and that smile is just plastered on her face permanently . (which I guess is better than a permanent frown).

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 5