Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Honeymoons Part 2

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

You would think they would want success stories and not a giant shitfest but I guess they really are after the shitfest more than anything in the end. They pick ones like Sheila for a reason too. S

I agree. It seems like they pick a mix of ones that will add drama, ones that will stay the course, and ones that have a chance of actually working out. Random ref no one will get- it so reminds me of "The Love Boat" episodes. There were always, in every episode, three separate subplots. It was before my time-but I watched one online and got hooked. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, NoJustNo said:

I agree. It seems like they pick a mix of ones that will add drama, ones that will stay the course, and ones that have a chance of actually working out. Random ref no one will get- it so reminds me of "The Love Boat" episodes. There were always, in every episode, three separate subplots. It was before my time-but I watched one online and got hooked. 

LMAO OMG yes it is like the Love Boat in a way but more messed up. 

BTW, if you have Cozi Tv (I think that is the channel) that is on Sunday evenings. I remember my mom watching it when I was a kid. My husband sit and watch a ton of old shows from when we were kids. This is one of them. LOL 

• Love 2
On 5/14/2017 at 10:29 PM, MsPH said:

Seriously. I'm no fan of Nate, but I think he's been pretty patient so far. I found the way she talked to him after the ping pong match disrespectful as well and I wasn't on the receiving end of it. Yeah, he was taking the game a bit too seriously. So what? You're gonna see things you don't like about every single person you spend more than a few hours with. It doesn't give you the right to attack their character in a condescending manner and act like they wronged you somehow, when really you just disliked something you saw. She would drive me batty as well. One minute she's loving life and falling for Nate, then she gets tired and/or Nate does something less than ideal and she's suddenly sullen, talking to him she doesn't give AF about his feelings and then goes mute. I don't really blame him for thinking WTF did I just get myself into. It was stupid of him to say it out loud, but she's also said she's done and doesn't see a future and whatnot several times, so why's it an unforgivable crime when he says it? I guess it just hit a sore spot, but she needs to realise Nate barely knows her at this point. He doesn't know the ins and outs of her past dating life or her personality and what's normal of her and what isn't. He can only go by what she's shown him in the few days they've been together and it's kind of bipolar so far. You can't expect people to love you at your worst before they've even seen you at your best. I can be moody as well at times (which I hate about myself), but I can definitely keep it under wraps when I'm only just getting to know someone. It always kind of shocks me how quickly some of these people show their worst qualities to their stranger spouse. I guess it's the pressure of the whole thing getting to them, but still. If you can't stay civil for a few days even, then that doesn't bode well for the future. People aren't mind readers. You might be a nice person 99% of the time, but if you're not acting like it at the start then how the hell are people supposed to know that?

Thanks for this - I agree with every word!  I come from a competitive family (my parents are normally polite, well-behaved people until we start with the games - then they are just embarrassing with how nasty they get with each other -- and my uncle and his weird girlfriend actually keep a ping-pong table in their garage just to battle it out!) so I get where Sheila is coming from, but I certainly didn't find him horrifyingly scary or angry during the game - he was just playing to win; based on his THs I thought he seemed to enjoy that she beat him the first time and he had to step it up to beat her.  Her comment about "Funny how the wind only affects YOUR shots" is the type of comment I make with family members all the time - but I do it with laughter.  And even when they get on my nerves with it all, I don't lecture them on how it's a "character flaw" - I thought THAT was the part that made him feel "disrespected".  Also, it seems like she just keeps trying to push him away so that he has to prove he will love her anyway, which in that case he was trying to do by holding hands on the way back, but she was having none of it.  I also wish we knew what exactly he said off camera.  For the record, I don't love the guy and had other things about him that raised the red flags for me, but I've been away and just watched both honeymoon episodes today and found her sulky and unpleasant in part one, and emotionally disturbed in part two.

• Love 3
On 5/11/2017 at 7:23 PM, Gem 10 said:

Yeah, right.  Funny.  I can't see that situation working out.  A teenage boy that doesn't drive yet and just being there.  Why doesn't his Father have him?   And then you have a husband who's an asshole on his honeymoon to his wife.  Sheila has her work cut out for her.  Nate with his fancy words and calling her "My Queen" is BS.  He reminds me of a tyrant.

This show is sooooo annoying.  Why introduce anyone into a new marriage that has not gone through a courtship??  I am referring to the "little" brother.  I find this to be one of the most stupid moves yet!!  Worse than the guy that lived on the bus!

I know, I know!   Just don't watch... LOL!

• Love 2
On May 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM, humbleopinion said:

Papa was a rolling stone...

Wherever he laid his hat was his home...

Papa Duhon is a serial baby daddy...no mention if he and N8's mother were ever married.

N8 and Tyree have different mothers.

Interesting ... guess he was happy to have the air time ... and interesting that Nate does have his dad's name. I would have guessed cute Tyree was his mom's kid since he looks NOTHING like his dad. 

• Love 1
On May 13, 2017 at 9:51 AM, stuckin60s said:

1.  if the powers that be do as they have done in the past, the couples move to a new place and keep their own until after the experiment,  Nates brother could stay in Nates house ( with someone checking in on him) and Nate and Shelia would have time to develop.  Of course, that would not have as much drama

2. I think if Danielle is letting Cody know he needs to step up and "be a man", that is just a constant slap in Cody's face.  He is young and immature with the ladies.  He has less confidence during the honeymoon than at the wedding

3. Anthony has said more than once that his job is to protect Ashley, that may be where the drama starts.

I think Cody is so stressed out trying to be a "manly man" (whatever the hell that means) that he's afraid to have sex thinking he won't be good enough.  And, making him go on that zip line and eating that fis eye was cruel.  Just because she likes fancy food doesn't mean he has to comply.  My husband is no wimp, but when something doesn't sit right with him, he will put his foot down and I respect that.  Cody is not for Danielle IMO.  "Fish eye" I mean.  Yuk.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think Cody is so stressed out trying to be a "manly man" (whatever the hell that means) that he's afraid to have sex thinking he won't be good enough.  And, making him go on that zip line and eating that fis eye was cruel.  Just because she likes fancy food doesn't mean he has to comply.  My husband is no wimp, but when something doesn't sit right with him, he will put his foot down and I respect that.  Cody is not for Danielle IMO.  "Fish eye" I mean.  Yuk.

Danielle can't get no satisfaction; can't get any Cody action - & it's her own fault. 

She should've bullied him into eating oysters instead of a fish eye.

• Love 2

I don't tend to trust any of my perceptions about the people on this show- due to the editing, voice overs, and then all the SM stuff that came out in past seasons.   I know that is true for all reality TV, but I feel it even more strongly for this series for some reason.

• Love 7

So finally caught up on this today. I can see why Cody is backing off at this point. Danielle with her stupid crap and that fish eye. I'd love to know what she thinks is a "manly man" at this point because the more she says it the more I think she has no idea what a real man is. He is backing off and not going for more with her because he is being guarded now. As Gem 10 said he is probably afraid of not being enough of a "man" for her in bed. 

I was laughing at Ashley and Anthony talking about past relationships and his explanation for his last one not working. I was just thinking how her sister needs to stay out of things if she wants this marriage to work. I liked how they did things each wanted to do too. I am hoping the whole home issues won't be to hard for them. I get her being a planner. There are some things its good to be that way about and not just fly by the seat of your pants on. 

UGH Nate and Sheila...both just should not have been picked for this show and more so as a match for each other. I really, REALLY can NOT stand this idiotic "experts". So she is suppose to just forgive and forget anything and everything because Calvin says so? Give me a break. Yet again we now already have him telling her to just keep trying and its all ok basically. SMH I don't buy he is as religious as he claimed. Heck I doubt she is as much as she claims too but she is more than he will ever be though. Matching them for that is just plain stupid to begin with. These 2 are just beyond tiring to watch. 

• Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 11:30 AM, humbleopinion said:

Papa was a rolling stone...

Wherever he laid his hat was his home...

Papa Duhon is a serial baby daddy...no mention if he and N8's mother were ever married.

N8 and Tyree have different mothers.

I don't want to nitpick and I'm certainly not a fan of either Nate or his dad. But I don't think that having children with two different women seven or eight years apart classifies him as a serial baby daddy. Or are there more children? Maybe I missed something. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, twilightzonefan said:

This show is sooooo annoying.  Why introduce anyone into a new marriage that has not gone through a courtship??  I am referring to the "little" brother.  I find this to be one of the most stupid moves yet!!  Worse than the guy that lived on the bus!

I know, I know!   Just don't watch... LOL!

Instead of beating down on Cody and this "manly" stuff,  Danielle should confront the "experts" on their reason for the match.  Between Cody & Danielle, and experts matching Nate & Sheila & THE SECRET BROTHER, this show has to be scripted for drama.   To me, that's not honest,  not right and disappointing.

• Love 6

Agree, the M@FS producers set in motion the potential for conflict, disagreement and tension in the lives of the newlyweds.

The show is overcoming those bumps in the road but in one marriage, it is a brick wall.

Friday Night Cody needs to tell Fraidy Cat Cody to shut his pie hole and engaged in sexy time with his willing stranger wife.

Danielle getting more exasperated because she is asked over and over by the producers to emote about her husband's inaction.

How many ways in THs can Danielle say...Cody is skittish to have sex. I cannot force him to want to have sex.

More of the same from those 2 in tonite's episode...sigh...

• Love 1

I don't think Danielle is after some over the top macho man, just someone more like Anthony. He doesn't look like a stereotypical "manly man", but he seems quietly confident and comfortable in his own skin, instinctively knows what to say and do at any given moment to impress his new wife and gets her hints. Cody looks like a deer in the headlights and it's getting worse over time. Danielle doesn't really help with her silly tests like the fish eye thing, which she didn't actually want Cody to do. She said she wanted him to say no to her, so he failed that as well. I think Cody's just super aware of the age gap at this point and feels inadequate because he knows Danielle is judging him. That relationship is going nowhere. I really don't get why they cast such young and inexperienced people. Honestly, what do they expect will happen? Relationships aren't easy in the best of circumstances, let alone on this show. The least you should require is some experience and maturity.

Anthony and Ashley are still adorable. I don't think she sees him as a sperm bank or anything, even if she wants kids yesteday. They are always smiling and joking around with each other, and that's the most important thing in a relationship. Getting each other and enjoying each other's company. I think they're a great match!

• Love 3
On May 16, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Evil Queen said:

LMAO OMG yes it is like the Love Boat in a way but more messed up. 

BTW, if you have Cozi Tv (I think that is the channel) that is on Sunday evenings. I remember my mom watching it when I was a kid. My husband sit and watch a ton of old shows from when we were kids. This is one of them. LOL 

Yes .. Those shows were simple, clean & funny as hell.  Love Laverne & Shirley & Happy Days.

• Love 1

Sheila may be high strung, but I've got to hand it to her, she's a good woman taking in Tyree so he can succeed with his dream of getting an education and good job.  As much as I don't care for Nates ways, I commend him for setting brother on the right path.  Nate also wants a solid marriage, stability and a good home.  They just have to work out the kinks like everyone else.  Amen.

• Love 2

I just started watching. First impressions: I'm surprised people like Ashley and dislike Danielle. I felt just the opposite. Well, I don't dislike, dislike Ash. but I found high maintenance and panicky mode quite annoying (air conditioning episode and kayak and sharks stuff). Her sister seems to be the dominant sibling and has a very strong influence on her. It gave me the impression that she will be that wife that goes first to her sister and then to her husband. It is even a little creepy that Anthony looks a lot like her brother in law! And don't get me wrong, I love loyalty and friendship between siblings. I love mine to death. But if you are married, husband is first. I do see that she is sweet and appreciate she can see past his not too perfect looks, but great personality. She is pretty, and on a shallow note, if I saw them in the street I would think she is out of his league, so it must be true love. I want to tell her, there is nothing wrong with having a baby or young child when you are 40. If you are bringing him/her to a loving healthy home out of love and not just out of neediness or to check something on your list. And I know some people do it, but I don't know how you can have children in the house and not cook "at all". My budget would go 400% up if I didn't. It would just be very useful.

Anthony seems the easiest guy to work with this season. Effortless funny and a family man are awesome assets. I still don't totally trust him though. Sometimes, the guy everybody loves and everybody's buddy is not as good in personal one in one relationships. And the scene with the streeper was kind of offputting. But all in all, so far so good.

Danielle didn't give me the impression of aggressive or scary (I found Jacklyn aggressive). She is just more mature than Cody. I kind of like her. I think that by manly man, she means a guy who is assertive, who takes the lead. Not necessarily a macho or bully type. She seems smarter than that. I found her Dad to be the sweetest man, so if that was her male figure and she seems to adore him, then it is a different type of "head of the house" she is referring to. A confident, natural leader, but compassionate, loving man.

Cody seemed very much into her at the wedding night, he was going for it. After that, we got insecure Cody. He seems like a good guy, very laid back, someone who would be perfectly happy in his small world, no need for much adventure. 

If I was that bride (Sheila) and saw groom's Dad behaviour, my hart would be racing with a hundred red flags of warning. I know we shouldn't judge people based on their parents, but wow, pretty scary. He seems to be much better than his Dad, but still, some borderline bully treats. Like "how dare you do this to me" attitude. BUT he is listening, apologizing, taking in and being responsible for his brother, wanting a real marriage, trying to do the right thing.

Sheila is very hurt and she is throwing all the past ghosts on her new husband. I can hear in her head telling herself "see, nobody loves you", "here we go again, begging for love, etc". It is just too soon to draw those conclusions as well as it is too soon for him to come out with a " I don't want to be married to you anymore" sentence. It is the honeymoon, get to know each other. Meet half way. 

I also noticed how the mood changed abruptly after they had sex. The good energy disappeared. And the explosions started.

• Love 3
On 5/17/2017 at 11:23 PM, Evil Queen said:

So finally caught up on this today. I can see why Cody is backing off at this point. Danielle with her stupid crap and that fish eye. I'd love to know what she thinks is a "manly man" at this point because the more she says it the more I think she has no idea what a real man is. He is backing off and not going for more with her because he is being guarded now. As Gem 10 said he is probably afraid of not being enough of a "man" for her in bed.

The more I think about it the more I think "manly man" was probably the show's idea of a kinder expression for her to use on screen than "mature man" which is the way she probably worded it off camera.  And I don't think anyone can disagree that he's not a mature man.  To him she is a mature woman, which is something to be feared because he knows he can't possibly deal on her level and fears he would likely disappoint her (which I said last week too).  Danielle probably senses that he has been deathly afraid of her from the getgo, so throwing herself at him would only make the situation worse not better, which is why she is (wisely, IMO) keeping her distance.  His issues are worse than just needing a woman to jump his bones.  At this point I think they go deeper than that, probably because of his body image issues from having been overweight.  Danielle doesn't want to set herself up for even more rejection from him, which I can fully understand.  She was completely hurt by him just telling her he needs to take a "step back".  I can imagine it would be even worse if she tried to move in on him physically and got pushed away.

• Love 2

Agreed, Cody seemed the most eager to have sex on the wedding night then...poof...he and his weenus lost their nerve.

As the honeymoon dragged on and performance anxiety set in, Friday Night Cody became Sunday School Cody...wanting to get to know Danielle as a friend...Red Flag Danielle...you have been Friend Zoned.

Even if the Code Man eventually rallys up the troops to have marital relations with Danielle... it will be joyless, over analyzed, uninspired sex...and he will be patting himself on the back that he did it the right way...um...at this point Danielle is so revved up that there is no wrong way...

Afterwards, Danielle will plaster on her garish pink lipstick and dutifully stare into the camera for her TH and say it happened and it was fine.

Sad for her...

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

The more I think about it the more I think "manly man" was probably the show's idea of a kinder expression for her to use on screen than "mature man" which is the way she probably worded it off camera.  And I don't think anyone can disagree that he's not a mature man.  To him she is a mature woman, which is something to be feared because he knows he can't possibly deal on her level and fears he would likely disappoint her (which I said last week too).  Danielle probably senses that he has been deathly afraid of her from the getgo, so throwing herself at him would only make the situation worse not better, which is why she is (wisely, IMO) keeping her distance.  His issues are worse than just needing a woman to jump his bones.  At this point I think they go deeper than that, probably because of his body image issues from having been overweight.  Danielle doesn't want to set herself up for even more rejection from him, which I can fully understand.  She was completely hurt by him just telling her he needs to take a "step back".  I can imagine it would be even worse if she tried to move in on him physically and got pushed away.

Yes, this is it, every word.  You are making posting here easy.  I will just follow you around and agree.  :^)  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can see Cody pulling a basement Ryan and going home every night while Danielle stays at the "Townhouse" with the dogs and fresh batteries.

oops wrong thread. Sorry

Edited by Waterlilly
Wrong thread;(
On 5/13/2017 at 0:37 PM, SerenityNow721 said:

The reason I like this show is because a part of me does believe that you could be married to almost anyone (with obvious exceptions) as long as you're willing to compromise and look for the positive in that other person.  That's marriage.  My husband and I could not be more different....one or two minor adjustments in my attitude and only focusing on the negative and I'm not sure how long we would stay married.  I'm dead serious about that.  Every day a person has to decide to see their spouse in a loving, generous way.  If you can't do that, get a dog.  They love you no matter what!

One last thing, I think people get married for lots of reasons - not every marriage is Rose petals and fireworks. Having a family of one's own with a person you respect, love and share similar values with seems like as valid a reason as the soulmate BS that we're told we need to have to be happy.

You can find your soulmate and still have times, sometimes lots of them, where you are wretchedly unhappy and feel like you can't stand another day with this person.  (I speak from experience, and I'm sure my husband felt that way about me sometimes.)  NO marriage is moonlight and roses all the time.  It's how strong the bond is when you're in the "The more you ruv someone the more you want to kill them" moments that matters.  

• Love 1
On 5/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, Straycat80 said:

I've changed my mind about Ashley, I like her and I like her and Anthony as a couple.

oh Nate. smh. And here we go again, the pastor acted like the problem was Shelia's fault. Nate said the hurtful words, why didn't he talk to Nate? I felt that last season 'the experts' always blamed the women if there were any problems. Not looking good for these two.

Cody and Danielle are awkward. She should just jump his bones and get it over with. 

I commend Sheila for bringing to light what Nate said "off-camera". Saying he didn't want to be married anymore when the cameras were rolling was a punk move, especially when the show is giving Nate the edit of bring more amenable than Sheila. 

On 5/11/2017 at 11:21 PM, Adeejay said:

"Nothing is unforgivable."  Is Pastor Calvin for real?  I think Sheila is mistaking Nate's immaturity as being competitive. 

Even I had to be like, "Huh?" Is he including such major transgressions like infidelity and murder?

On 5/11/2017 at 11:48 PM, SerenityNow721 said:

I agree that Nate was completely wrong and hurtful to say that he didn't want to be married after their very first argument.  However, I don't think it's right for Sheila to lay all of her dysfunctional relationship baggage on Nate after knowing him for only 5 days. I like Sheila a lot, but it's not Nate's job, as her husband of less than a week, to heal her or to make up for what she didn't get in previous relationships.  Hopefully, that will come in time if they stay together.  And I don't think it's unreasonable for Nate to expect to have fun on his honeymoon.  

I feel sorry for Danielle and Cody.  They are totally mismatched. She will end up resenting having to teach him how to be an adult. 

On 5/12/2017 at 1:18 AM, Snarklepuss said:

Me too.  He reminds me of the 40 year old virgin at 26.  Oh yeah, I'm a man, I eat fish eyes and zip line to prove to my woman that I'm not a little weenie!  Yeah, right, dude, we're not buying it and neither is she!  He talks in his voice overs about how he wanted to show her that he's a manly man - ugh, meanwhile she's taking the lead with everything and even his body language makes him look like a wilting little violet.  Whoever thought they would be a good match should have their "expert" papers revoked.  It was as obvious as a freight train coming from a mile away on a clear day!  Their energy together is all off.  This guy is way out of his depth.  Honestly, I would have had one interview with him and gone "NEXT"!

Nate, one thing Pastor Cal got right about you is that you're a BONEHEAD!  I just knew in my gut that all his protesting about how committed he was to his "queen" would fly out the window at the slightest little thing!  That is not a good sign, IMO.  He has to win and be right all the time, even on vacation with just her in the middle of paradise.  That's not just being competitive, it's being immature!  I would strangle him.  Sheila may be overreacting somewhat, but she's at least taking this that seriously that it matters enough to her to get really upset about it.  I really wanted these two to work out but now I just don't.  I don't like them as a couple.  Their energy is off, like Cody and Danielle.

Ashley and Anthony - God bless her, she is blind and thinks Anthony is handsome - I still think she would feel the same about a lamp post if it married her and promised her a baby.  The lamp post might actually be better looking.  I apologize, I know some people don't find him that offensive but I find him uglier every week.  Seeing him in that bathing suit - ugh.  Neither of them is the brightest bulb on the tree, but she is probably smarter than he is.  While her fear of having her feet eaten by sharks was a little overboard as most sharks are not much of a danger to us,  Anthony thinks sharks are more afraid of us than we are of them.  I never remember hearing that.  The two of them are boring to watch together.  At least Tom and Lilly had a certain energy together that was fun to watch.

Once I visited the National Aquarium in Baltimore, which had a number of different species of sharks. The staff wanted visitors to take away this one thing (if nothing else): The majority of shark species aren't like Jaws; they aren't looking to chomp down on unsuspecting humans. So, I think Anthony was at least half-right. 

2 hours ago, discoprincess said:

Once I visited the National Aquarium in Baltimore, which had a number of different species of sharks. The staff wanted visitors to take away this one thing (if nothing else): The majority of shark species aren't like Jaws; they aren't looking to chomp down on unsuspecting humans. So, I think Anthony was at least half-right. 

I still don't think he was even half right - They're not as afraid of us as we are of them - they're more uninterested in us is more like it.  I think they would only fear us if we were to attack them but we fear them period.

• Love 1