Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Honeymoons Part 2

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Shelia is 31 and Nate 26.  Danielle 30 and Cody 26.  Ashley is 30 and Anthony 33.  

Right there you see it.  Same age couple is working.   Putting mid 20 boys with 30 year old women is not a recipe for success.   

Surely someone will come along and claim a successful marriage of 40 years with a much younger man.  Of course that happens but when you are casting a show ya gotta go with the odds rather than hope you have the long shot.   So the took the 2 black people and put them together (no brainer) then they drew straws for the other 4.  Anyone have a better theory?

I agree with you completely, even though my father was 26 and my mother 30 when they got married in 1954 and their marriage was very long and happy.  They were a very atypical case in just about every way, especially for their time.  My mother had a dominant "take charge" personality while my father is laid back and (in her words) a "what me worry?" type like Alfred E. Neuman from Mad magazine.  My father liked having someone to manage certain details of his life and my mother was very happy to oblige.  Theirs was a match made in heaven because their atypical personalities fit the inverted age difference.  Sheila and Nate don't have the right personalities to go along with the younger man/older woman dynamic, IMO.  Neither do Cody and Danielle.  Danielle is talking about wanting a "manly man" because she's really not the dominant woman that this relationship is kind of forcing her to be and I'm not sure Cody would really want a woman like that anyway, especially when and if he "grows up".

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

"Manly man".  What does this even MEAN?  Danielle wants to be thought of as a badass, but she wants a "manly man".  Who is she looking for, some big mindless lummox to drag her by her hair off into the jungle?  What does that mean?  I suspect what she means is "I want someone who is strong enough to not let me push him around, because I can be bossy."  (I speak from experience on that front.)  If that's the case, then Cody isn't it.  Her goading him into eating the fish eye was pretty cruel, if you ask me.  My sense is that he has no idea what marriage means.  He has some vague idea of wanting to have someone to sit on the couch with.  He seems to be a pretty low-energy guy.  Remember, he OWNS the gym.  Doesn't mean he works out in it.

I think "manly man" is a code phrase being used by Danielle to mean a mature man, not some kind of he-man brute or anything like that.  I don't think she's bossy either or else she would likely LOVE a guy that took the submissive role.  IMO Danielle (and the show) have made a "thing" about her wanting a mature "manly man" because it's so obvious that Cody is just about the opposite.  He seems intimidated by her even though she would not be that intimidating to any reasonably "manly" guy - And I think she would be fine with a reasonable amount of manliness.  Case in point, Anthony is mature and IMO "manly" enough to not be intimidated by Danielle.  He seems reasonably confident in himself as a guy in his ability to please a woman and be what she needs - Which, to answer your question, are characteristics of mature (aka "manly") men.  Not that I think Danielle would have been better matched with Anthony, but someone who shares her interests and has other commonalities with her that is like Anthony in that way.

• Love 4

Sheila made a comment about wanting to wake up in the morning and feel normal.  That sounds like she knows she has issues, so I don't understand why she was deemed to be ready for this situation.   Nate's behavior at the ping pong table was just scary. If he's that aggressive having fun, how will he react when he's angry?

12 hours ago, wings707 said:

No. At his age his skin snapped back. 100 pounds is not that much to be in that category.   He is living his life with the residual fat identity.  My heart goes out to him.  He will suffer the consequences of being exposed as less than manly.  Poor guy. Really. He irritates the shit out of me but at the same tone I get it. I am horrified the experts have not taken more sensitive care of his  situation.  

Yea, Cody took his shirt off at the beach and looked ok, if not white and pasty as hell. Even Danielle the man eater said he had a nice body. She was ready to devour him right then and there. As usual, Cody took no clue. 

• Love 2

1.  if the powers that be do as they have done in the past, the couples move to a new place and keep their own until after the experiment,  Nates brother could stay in Nates house ( with someone checking in on him) and Nate and Shelia would have time to develop.  Of course, that would not have as much drama

2. I think if Danielle is letting Cody know he needs to step up and "be a man", that is just a constant slap in Cody's face.  He is young and immature with the ladies.  He has less confidence during the honeymoon than at the wedding

3. Anthony has said more than once that his job is to protect Ashley, that may be where the drama starts.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, gigiann said:

I would like to see couples in their 30's or even early 40's who have never married who are seriously looking for marriage but just never found the right partner or maybe their last long term relationship took up a huge amount of their 20's and their partner would never make the final commitment. 

I thought that is what this show was going to be based on. People who have lived life, had experiences, been on their own, and for what ever reason can't seem to find the relationship that works. Nobody in their 20's is a good candidate for this show. In my opinion, anybody on this show that is in their 20's is just doing it to be on the show and thought it might be fun and a little extra cash. I'm not going to believe they are already frustrated with trying to find the "one" and are turning to the experts to find it for them. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Sheila is the new Sam.

Sheila says she is easy to love when she is lovable but she hasn't found someone who loves her when she is not (lovable).

Sam taunted and bullied Neil at volleyball. Sam verbally jabbed Neil. He was confused because standing up for himself to a lunatic was useless.

Sheila taunted N8 with her win of the first game of ping pong so he got competitive in the second game and she didn't like that he started playing hard.. saying he was a sore loser...Maybe you are a sore loser, too... Shelia...cue the bad mood...

Shelia seems to think that if she shows N8 her worst side right off the bat and he STILL loves her then he is a keeper.

She has that ass backward. Her erratic behavior is driving him away.

N8 isn't going to fall in love with a moody, sullen, crying, wailing, nut job no matter how good sexy time is in the sack and what the experts and Pastor Cal says.

Where is fun, sane Wedding Sheila?

Honeymoon Sheila must not be taking her medication.

Sheila's tantrum.. wailing that she wants to wake up and feel normal is a big waving red flag, N8.

N8 will be walking on eggshells like Neil did because no one could guess when the crazed/moody wife would appear.

N8 beware of sugar gliders and wax melts.

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 13

Sheila's tears & troubles are real, but her over the top sullen moods might be producer driven for that 'extra'. It seems ridiculous to me that anyone would sulk that much with someone she just married & who doesn't know her at all. There was one shot of her after the ping pong disaster when in talking to Nate she spoke quietly & without tone; it was downright disturbing. When these people, who are not actors, try to do what the producers want, they tend to go way over the top, so I am hoping that's not totally real.

I don't think Cody is that interested in Danielle at this point; he's very unsure & I can't blame him. He said he feels like he's 'forcing it' & has to 'change' for her, & that bothers him. It's good for him to be bothered by that & I think he's right. He's not what she wants & it's a disservice to both having put them together.

• Love 10

Really enjoyed seeing A & A be supportive of each other.  They were not hesitant to offer reassurance or compliments to each other.  Very nice.

The other couples falter while trying to impose their identity on their new spouses, yet A & A grow together by offering what the other finds valuable.

• Love 5
(edited)

Impose their identity

I think it's more of the couples showing each other who they are.  They can't accommodate their spouse's personality until they know what is important to them. Some couples are intuitive, and that's great, but most have to work at learning each other's moods, pet peeves, etc. No one should hide who they are, but the challenge is getting to know your spouse and seeing if that person is someone you can like/love.  The difference is these couples chose to blindly commit to that process as opposed to people who date and can say adios if they don't like what they see.

The reason I like this show is because a part of me does believe that you could be married to almost anyone (with obvious exceptions) as long as you're willing to compromise and look for the positive in that other person.  That's marriage.  My husband and I could not be more different....one or two minor adjustments in my attitude and only focusing on the negative and I'm not sure how long we would stay married.  I'm dead serious about that.  Every day a person has to decide to see their spouse in a loving, generous way.  If you can't do that, get a dog.  They love you no matter what!

One last thing, I think people get married for lots of reasons - not every marriage is Rose petals and fireworks. Having a family of one's own with a person you respect, love and share similar values with seems like as valid a reason as the soulmate BS that we're told we need to have to be happy.

Edited by SerenityNow721
Correction
  • Love 9
(edited)

This is the first season that I don't have more set in stone feelings about the people, the relationships nor the outcomes.  

I think Ashley is lovely, fun and kind of needy.  Not feeling Anthony as much as others here, in both looks and personality.  There seems to be something condescending about him.  I have a feeling she's going to hear "breathe" a lot.  That said, I think he has it together more than the other two guys. 

I don't know if Danielle is trying to replace something she once had or find something she's never found but Cody doesn't appear to be it or even close.  "They like the outdoors".   He's farm boy and she's been around the block.  He lost me wedding night when he didn't know whether he would "bang" her. 

Nate. The queen references don't bother me as much as some of his other personality quirks.  I thought his justification of his ping-pong moves was juvenile and silly.  Sheila seems to be all over the place.  I don't get her at all.  She has a great laugh; wish she would do it more.  

No idea who's cool, who's nuts and I guess my opinions could change at any time. They all seem to have issues although mercifully, they are not as in your face as some of their predecessors, like Ashley (with David) and Sam (with Neil).  They haven't even gotten home yet.  Gonna be interesting...  

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 7

I think that both Anthony and Ashley are attractive people, but one thing that makes them work so far is the fact that Ashley has had a more aggressive air about her when she is with Anthony, while Anthony is more passive. I do know quite a few couples like that so if it works for them, it works. 

I do like how in this season, nobody threw in the towel before the honeymoon started. 

I think that these experts did not have a large enough pool of men to choose from, and that is why some of these couples seem totally mismatched except for one obvious thing about them (like for example, a gym owner paired with a dietician). Cody seemed disdainful by the fact that Danielle like having fancy meals during the honeymoon. Wouldnt lifestyle/spending money/finances/eating habits have come up on one of the questionnaires ???!! SMH.

If I recall, the people from this show who seemed the MOST serious about finding a spouse through this experiment was Davina and the other women from Season 2. Boy, she they tried their hardest. 

• Love 2
Just now, humbleopinion said:

Davina got married in real life...no word if David  (self proclaimed Christian Grey) or his bowling team from Jersey were invited.

what ? Davina got married again ? 

On 5/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, KateHearts said:

(Side:  his pronunciation of words is fascinating: "I'm essited to go four wheeling.")

I noticed it when he was talking about succeeding, just because I wasn't really paying attention and only looked up when I heard talk of "seceding". I guess it's the "ks" sound that's giving him trouble - I will keep an ear open for him saying words like maximum, proximity, or accelerate, since this season has been otherwise pretty boring.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sheila scares me.  I keep thinking she'll come unhinged at any time.  She's the one who said 'I'm done,' 'I can't do this with you, 'I don't want to do this with you anymore' and stormed out.  I also think Nate needs to check his oversized ego and quit treating Sheila like a bro.  He gets butt hurt way too easy.  If they can both reel it in they have a chance to make it work because they seem to genuinely want this.

I like Ashley and Anthony.  I think Ashley has a 'light up the room' smile.  They're cute together and get each other.  I get the feels when they joke and tease each other.

Danielle and Cody won't ever work.  As long as she doesn't go all Sam on him (like Sam with Neil and her 'pussy' comment) they might pull a friendship out of this, but not a marriage.  He's a genuinely sweet guy but not bad boy enough for Danielle.  Cody needs a sweet, shy girl.  I think Danielle's a fun  person but personally I'd find her tiring in the long run.  She needs to lighten up and not make everything a challenge.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 6

I think that some of Nate's behavior is based on trying to figure out what Sheila wants.  She was disturbing to me-even before stating that she just wanted to wake up and feel normal in the mornings.  Also, when she spoke about trying to convince other men that she date that they wanted her.  I think there are some real issues there that our "experts" (oh, how I made myself laugh when using that term) should have picked up on.  I really think there is something lurking there.

• Love 10
(edited)

I noticed Cody was much more confident before and during the wedding but was questioning himself in this past episode.  I don't think he's into Danielle.  It would be ironic if his brother's relationship with the bridesmaid works out.  Poor Cody thought he was the lucky one getting chosen by the experts to be married.  Not.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Davina and David divorced at the Decision show.

Yes, she found a husband on her own.

Wasn't Davina with Sean? Not David, unless you're calling him David for a reason!

• Love 4

My bad.

Brain fart on my part.

I forget Sean's name but can't forget the man...Lego giving, detached, self centered, ER nurse, looking to use M@FS to get on other reality shows like TAR and Survivor.

Good snark season but unfortunate grooms...Basement Ryan, Hundy Ryan and Sean.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Davina and David divorced at the Decision show.

Yes, she found a husband on her own.

Davina was married to Sean.  David was married to Cold Fish Ashley.

1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I noticed it when he was talking about succeeding, just because I wasn't really paying attention and only looked up when I heard talk of "seceding". I guess it's the "ks" sound that's giving him trouble - I will keep an ear open for him saying words like maximum, proximity, or accelerate, since this season has been otherwise pretty boring.

Ah, yes... "success" was the other word that he pronounced oddly.  "I want to be a sussess in everything I do."  That and his lovely quote, "I'm pretty consistent in my mood.  There is no deviancy in my behavior."

• Love 2

OMG-they don't need experts-they need people who have managed to stay in long healthy marriages. If your husband is insecure about losing-don't play with him and def. don't rub your winning in his face. Nobody likes that-esp. not a guy who needs to be King. It's emasculating. Not that Shelia needs to lie or pretend to lose-but don't be like that. It's not a competition. Good grief. My H would call himself a feminist and I'm a trial attorney who is almost as strong as he is. But if I have any issue opening a can and he happens to be home-I get him to come open it. He likes to do it-it makes him happy.  And if we both couldn't get a can open and then I somehow did-I would never brag about it. No one likes to lose. I might be competitive with other men and friends but never my spouse. And def. not anyone who clearly needs to work on their losing skills. 

And while they are some things are 'unforgivable' -saying that you want a divorce isn't one. Esp. in the beg. Of course that's what they say. Is there a married couple who didn't get in a fight in the beg. and say some crap about not wanting to be married? We did-until another married couple said that you never drop the d word. because then it starts to seem like an option. Was it crappy-yes. But good grief-put your big girl panties on and tell him what a dumb thing that was to say-too easy and a low blow. And move on. 

And Danielle- let me tell you what you don't want in the labor and delivery room- a stereotypical "manly man."  Or to care for you if you get sick. You want a friend, a co-conspirator, a guy who can say "omg! i'm scared too."  Although, he needs to grow a pair and be himself and not do some crap because she wants him to-which is what she wants anyway. Someone who will tell her that if she wants to someone to eat fish eyes-she's welcome to eat them herself. 

• Love 9

Moustachely... the most interesting about her was the fuzz above her lip.

David's second chance show is unwatchable for me but maybe he will find love this time....right....

This season needing to DVR back because I miss some of the dialogue because of mispronunciations...

"Deviancy in my behavior" was a knee slapper....

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Matias130 said:

I think that these experts did not have a large enough pool of men to choose from, and that is why some of these couples seem totally mismatched except for one obvious thing about them (like for example, a gym owner paired with a dietician). Cody seemed disdainful by the fact that Danielle like having fancy meals during the honeymoon. Wouldnt lifestyle/spending money/finances/eating habits have come up on one of the questionnaires ???!! SMH.

I completely agree....the pool of men that qualify for the final picks are apparently MINIMAL compared to the # of women who make the final cut.  The snaking lines of applicants may reflect otherwise, but those who are actually appropriate to be finalists are apparently very few...

• Love 2
On 5/11/2017 at 7:37 PM, roseslg said:

Her little speech about wasting her twenties on guys who weren't ready and who she couldn't be herself with was sad.   The experts did her wrong on this one.

I felt bad for her, but I also felt like she was in a way holding Nate responsible for how other guys treated her.  

And I think he liked the idea of someone to play queen to his king, not thinking that that person would be a real person with her own feelings and ideas.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2017 at 9:12 AM, wings707 said:

When his mother was clearly upset about not being the queen anymore, Nate showed how little he knows about all relationships.   He should have said, mom you will always be my queen and not set Sheila up to fill that role.

My take, just based on what I've seen of course, is that he was the center of his mom's life growing up.  Everything revolved around him, and he expected marriage to be basically the same relationship but with romance/sex.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, NoJustNo said:

And Danielle- let me tell you what you don't want in the labor and delivery room- a stereotypical "manly man."  Or to care for you if you get sick. You want a friend, a co-conspirator, a guy who can say "omg! i'm scared too."  Although, he needs to grow a pair and be himself and not do some crap because she wants him to-which is what she wants anyway. Someone who will tell her that if she wants to someone to eat fish eyes-she's welcome to eat them herself. 

Yep - I agree!  To me, a real man would say something like "Eating fish eyes doesn't prove anything about who I am".  And someone who can be real and have an actual emotional range.  I've been married 23 years, and one thing we know works is knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses and working with them.

Edited by lh25
You need all the words for a sentence to make sense!
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 5/11/2017 at 6:30 PM, roseslg said:

I am going to try and not say anything negative about Nate (bites tongue really hard)...ow!

Release your tongue!

5 hours ago, Matias130 said:

If I recall, the people from this show who seemed the MOST serious about finding a spouse through this experiment was Davina and the other women from Season 2. Boy, she they tried their hardest. 

I agree.  A guy (black) don't remember his name from season 2 actually said he didn't come on or apply to get married.  Don't remember his exact words.  I was surprised that made the edit.  It was clear that they draw from a large pool of people who want to be on a reality show.  Maybe they apply for something specific and when not chosen agree to be considered for another.  

The season 2 guy was not paying close attention, clearly!  

Nate seems like someone who just wanted to be on TV.  He is better suited for MTV with no marriage in the mix. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Cody can't be all take-charge when Danielle seems more than capable. Plus, his age works against him,  in reality and in her eyes.  And if she equates Vocal Fry (his) with immaturity, as I do,  then Katy,  bar the door.

Cody's scaredy-cat zip-lining bit was also rather unfortunate.

Maybe what helps make Anthony attractive to Ashley,  besides his teeth, is his confidence. He has the assuredness of a 10 while being a number of debatable lower value. 

And what helps make Nate less attractive to Sheila is that his "queen" talk is all hot air, and I don't mean broken AC. The jet-ski scare,  the competitiveness, the hand-holding insistence (the cameras were rolling, after all). Even the surprise announcement about the brother was less than considerate,  regardless of Sheila's response. But he DID get a queen,  though; a drama queen!

• Love 9

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but ... what exactly IS Nate's relationship to/with his dad? I've seen several mentions of his growing up without a dad or growing up with his mom/queen ... but his dad (who we saw in the first/wedding episode) is a stand-up comedian who's been in several movies (also named Nate Duhon) ... were the parents divorced and did dad just show up for the camera time or did he have some sort of relationship with him long-distance? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Cody can't be all take-charge when Danielle seems more than capable. Plus, his age works against him,  in reality and in her eyes.  And if she equates Vocal Fry (his) with immaturity, as I do,  then Katy,  bar the door.

Cody's scaredy-cat zip-lining bit was also rather unfortunate.

Maybe what helps make Anthony attractive to Ashley,  besides his teeth, is his confidence. He has the assuredness of a 10 while being a number of debatable lower value. 

And what helps make Nate less attractive to Sheila is that his "queen" talk is all hot air, and I don't mean broken AC. The jet-ski scare,  the competitiveness, the hand-holding insistence (the cameras were rolling, after all). Even the surprise announcement about the brother was less than considerate,  regardless of Sheila's response. But he DID get a queen,  though; a drama queen!

Whole lotta truth to this, I think. Think it's kind of sad that Cody, or any man for that matter, has to prove he's a man on his honeymoon. He seemed reasonably happy at the wedding and probably had no idea what the following week would be like, eating fish eyes and all for the eyebrows girl. She's like a dog with a bone regarding the manly requirement.

True about Anthony.  True about Nate, imho, as well.

Well said.   

• Love 3
(edited)
On May 11, 2017 at 9:50 PM, JAndy said:

Nate is such a jerk. So immature. I would have flipped out on him if I was Sheila. 

I think Nate is immature, and I think he and Sheila are mismatched; Sheila kind of likes lording things over Nate, even though she's right.

The problem is that I think Sheila should be with an older man, a more mature man.  I don't know about Sheila when she said because Nate never saw a marriage in front of him, he has an idealized version of marriage; I think Sheila too has an idealized version of marriage as well.  Sometimes I want to shake Sheila and say, do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?  Instead of getting pissed off at Nate, I would have asked him why he feels he has to win in everything, and then I would have told him that it's boring if the same person wins all the time.

Nate did get a queen, a drama queen.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11

I like Ant/Ash a LOT.. They seem to be having fun together and are open to getting to know each other. Anthony has a nice sense of humor too. 

Cody and Danielle are painful to watch. She gets more harsh and ugly with each challenge and demand that she throws out . Poor Cody is melting away...

Interesting to hear that Nate's bigmouth dad is a comedian...I thought he was tring to get his own reality show or something during the wedding. I wonder if nasty Dad has influenced Nate to try out for reality tv? 

Sheila is a drama queen but I sense that she feels trapped already....bound to stick it out due to her Preacher Dad tho. 

The show does prove that personality and being decent and nice go far...From previews Anthony wasnt the best looking but he is looking better and better haha

And he cooks ..Italian...sweet

• Love 5

Sheila, you need to learn to SPEAK.  Nate thinks she disrespected him, but she doesn't think she disrespected him.  So TALK ABOUT IT.  Ask him, "why do you think I disrespected you?"

Sheila is blaming Nate for all the previous men in her life.  But Sheila, Nate IS THERE, he's not walking away, he DOES see you Sheila.  He didn't walk away SHE did.  

WTF is her problem?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Sheila, you need to learn to SPEAK.  Nate thinks she disrespected him, but she doesn't think she disrespected him.  So TALK ABOUT IT.  Ask him, "why do you think I disrespected you?"

Sheila is blaming Nate for all the previous men in her life.  But Sheila, Nate IS THERE, he's not walking away, he DOES see you Sheila.  He didn't walk away SHE did.  

WTF is her problem?

Seriously. I'm no fan of Nate, but I think he's been pretty patient so far. I found the way she talked to him after the ping pong match disrespectful as well and I wasn't on the receiving end of it. Yeah, he was taking the game a bit too seriously. So what? You're gonna see things you don't like about every single person you spend more than a few hours with. It doesn't give you the right to attack their character in a condescending manner and act like they wronged you somehow, when really you just disliked something you saw. She would drive me batty as well. One minute she's loving life and falling for Nate, then she gets tired and/or Nate does something less than ideal and she's suddenly sullen, talking to him she doesn't give AF about his feelings and then goes mute. I don't really blame him for thinking WTF did I just get myself into. It was stupid of him to say it out loud, but she's also said she's done and doesn't see a future and whatnot several times, so why's it an unforgivable crime when he says it? I guess it just hit a sore spot, but she needs to realise Nate barely knows her at this point. He doesn't know the ins and outs of her past dating life or her personality and what's normal of her and what isn't. He can only go by what she's shown him in the few days they've been together and it's kind of bipolar so far. You can't expect people to love you at your worst before they've even seen you at your best. I can be moody as well at times (which I hate about myself), but I can definitely keep it under wraps when I'm only just getting to know someone. It always kind of shocks me how quickly some of these people show their worst qualities to their stranger spouse. I guess it's the pressure of the whole thing getting to them, but still. If you can't stay civil for a few days even, then that doesn't bode well for the future. People aren't mind readers. You might be a nice person 99% of the time, but if you're not acting like it at the start then how the hell are people supposed to know that?

• Love 5
On 5/11/2017 at 8:16 PM, JAndy said:

Does anyone else find Cody a little awkward? Is he just nervous? He seems to lack some experience with girls. 

On 5/11/2017 at 8:24 PM, Straycat80 said:

Yes. I agree, he does seem to be inexperienced with girls. I'm wondering if he's a virgin. 

I'm just getting caught up and so I apologize for the late reply/replies. He definitely lacks experience with girls and I'd bet my last dollar that he is a virgin. I don't see this couple lasting, to be honest. She expects him to read her mind and he expects her to tell him what she wants. If he had more experience with women, he'd be a lot more handsy by now. When you add into it all the fact that he talks so much and even went so far as to say "I think we should pull back" .... man. My wife and I were like "Where are you going to pull back to?" - and she was quicker off the mark than I was and managed to say all of that just as I was starting to speak! Cody definitely needs to learn when to stop talking.

• Love 2

Viewers are frustrated and so very tired of listening to Cody yammer on and on about him respecting Danielle, waiting for the right time, getting to know her yadda yadda yadda can you imagine what it was like for Danielle to listen to his same lame excuses song on a loop her whole honeymoon?

Am guessing that if she says straight out to Cody that she wants sexy time that it will further emasculate him by her taking the lead, grabbing the reins if you get my drift...

Pity the M@FS editors who had to listen to even more hours and hours of Cody footage opining about the right time to have sex, culling it down to the mind numbing amount we were subjected to.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

WTF is her problem?

In my opinion, this is not even mostly a problem of her creation. First of all, Nate was an asshole during that ping pong game. He's a very poor sport, even if playing to win was appropriate for that context (it wasn't). He's clearly the type of person who would have no problem winning by whatever means is available, provided it's legal per the rules of the game. Playing a game with your wife is about playing to have fun and spend time with her and winning is not important. This upset her and rightfully so.

Furthermore, she's absolutely right that it's a character flaw/defect. At the same time, she didn't have to be so passive-aggressive and condescending in how she made that observation. She would have gotten a lot more mileage out of simply explaining to him that she was upset because that was a time for playing to have fun and not playing to win.

As for the "you're disrespectin' me because you won't hold my hand" ... Nate, get over yourself. First of all, not holding your hand isn't a sign of disrespect. Second of all, stop being so concerned with whether or not you're getting the respect to which you feel you're entitled. When you're a dick to your wife, she's going to get upset and she's not going to want to hold your hand. He ended up making things worse between them by even suggesting he was thinking about getting a divorce. (They didn't show him do this on camera; they only showed Sheila talking to the pastor about it.) Since they didn't show this on camera, that may not be precisely what he said. However, it doesn't matter what he said precisely; all that matters is how she took it. The reason I say this is because doing or saying something that even makes your spouse or partner think you're thinking about this is the fastest, easiest, and most reliably guaranteed way to kill the relationship. Thus, the only thing that matters is that whatever he said or did made her think that, even if that was not the case. That all said, he did apologize to her for what he said and the content of his apology indicates that he did say something about getting a divorce or thinking about it.

Finally, I think Sheila has a "mental problem" or "mood disorder" - and by that I mean she may have bipolar disorder or, at the least, battles with depression. I say that based on what she said to him the last night of the honeymoon where she was talking about how she's sometimes not easy to love. She seemed to be intimating that she has something like that. I'm certainly not trying to diagnose her or anything; they haven't really shown us much that I could even cite as evidence for this little theory of mine. All I have to back me up right now is what Sheila said, and she may well have meant something very different.

57 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Viewers are frustrated and so very tired of listening to Cody yammer on and on about him respecting Danielle, waiting for the right time, getting to know her yadda yadda yadda can you imagine what it was like for Danielle to listen to his same lame excuses song on a loop her whole honeymoon?

Am guessing that if she says straight out to Cody that she wants sexy time that it will further emasculate him by her taking the lead, grabbing the reins if you get my drift...

Pity the M@FS editors who had to listen to even more hours and hours of Cody footage opining about the right time to have sex, culling it down to the mind numbing amount we were subjected to.

Yea, I completely agree with this. And it looks like he's still discussing it next week! Even my wife said, "Just shut up and bang your wife already!"

• Love 1

I just started watching at the wedding because I find the matchmaking process boring but did they show much of Shelia's family? I ask because she kept saying that she never had anyone who loved her unconditionally during the down times, she never said she never had any man but simply anyone which I thought was interesting.

3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I just started watching at the wedding because I find the matchmaking process boring but did they show much of Shelia's family? I ask because she kept saying that she never had anyone who loved her unconditionally during the down times, she never said she never had any man but simply anyone which I thought was interesting.

I think she probably meant it romantically. Her parents seem very supportive, especially her mom. We saw some of that at the day-after brunch, too.

• Love 2

Think her parents have experienced what a nutjob their daughter is when it comes to men...

Probably decades of walking on eggshells around her... fearful of her tantrums, mood swings, rages and outbursts.

Mr. and Mrs. Downs probably sitting at home munching popcorn watching M@FS episodes glad that she is N8's problem now.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, hoosiermom said:

I love Anthony's naturally curly hair all messed up in the morning. It looks so much better than slicked down.

I think Ashley looks better fresh faced without a lot of makeup...she is quite pretty.

• Love 4

Ashley just had her world rocked...twice... so she's happy, relieved Anthony was good in the sack, relaxed...and you know... freshly f*cked...pardon my French.

Whatever her husband did to put his neck out in their maiden voyage of sexy time..it worked for her...

• Love 2
On 5/13/2017 at 5:42 AM, Swim mom said:

Sheila made a comment about wanting to wake up in the morning and feel normal.  That sounds like she knows she has issues, so I don't understand why she was deemed to be ready for this situation.   Nate's behavior at the ping pong table was just scary. If he's that aggressive having fun, how will he react when he's angry?

On 5/15/2017 at 3:37 PM, biakbiak said:

On 5/14/2017 at 3:44 PM, Neurochick said:

WTF is her problem?

I will stop quoting now.  LOL!  We got it! 

Clearly the experts are not anywhere close to that title.  The money in reality TV is seductive. 

The problem is the lack of simple understanding on HOW to communicate your feelings.  There are VERY simple exercises to start the process!  I will go bite a piece of wood and take the bullets out of my gun.  They are not doing this because they are creating a TV show for entertainment and do not care about the end result.  Odd.  If I were at the helm of this show I would think success stories would be  the goal.  

Sheila has a lot going on.  She should not have been cast but I blame that on the small pool of choices, same for Matt.  They are not hopeless.  Sheila is coming from a victim position and she needs some education and so does Matt.  Help them communicate for cryin' out loud. 

49 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I will stop quoting now.  LOL!  We got it! 

Clearly the experts are not anywhere close to that title.  The money in reality TV is seductive. 

The problem is the lack of simple understanding on HOW to communicate your feelings.  There are VERY simple exercises to start the process!  I will go bite a piece of wood and take the bullets out of my gun.  They are not doing this because they are creating a TV show for entertainment and do not care about the end result.  Odd.  If I were at the helm of this show I would think success stories would be  the goal.  

Sheila has a lot going on.  She should not have been cast but I blame that on the small pool of choices, same for Matt.  They are not hopeless.  Sheila is coming from a victim position and she needs some education and so does Matt.  Help them communicate for cryin' out loud. 

I haven't watched it yet since I was away but I have had nothing but major issues with these idiots that claim to be "experts" on this show since it started. Swapping out 3 for 2 didn't do a damn thing to help it since they seem to go by the same bs the others did. You would think they would want success stories and not a giant shitfest but I guess they really are after the shitfest more than anything in the end. They pick ones like Sheila for a reason too. She is someone they look at and see that they could "talk" (aka bully) someone like her into sticking out a disaster no matter what. This is what hey have done in the past. They did it last season to Sonia and she said in a TH how her gut was telling her to not go back but everyone was telling her she needed to. They thought they could do the same with Heather but she was smart and stood her ground. I have no clue how the season will go for Sheila but I just feel like the "experts" find people that have issues on purpose. I agree that Sheila and Nate should not have been picked for this show at all. They are not the first ones I have said this about either and I bet they won't be the last. 

I doubt the "experts" have a clue how to really communicate. They have shown over and over how bad their listening skills are as well too. 

• Love 1

There is more to Shelia than meets the eye. She's got something in her past or an unmedicated/unmanaged mood disorder or may the producers aren't letting her eat or sleep like an episode of Homeland. She is so weepy and dramatic and woe is me-in a word histrionic.  

And Danielle-if you want to have sex with him-put the moves on him. Good grief-it's not the 50's. You being standoffish and not flirting is a code word for "don't have sex with me."   Funny how she wants a 'manly man' yet is acting like a girl and not a woman. Grown women, who want to have sex, put the moves on their man. They don't play timid and virginal and wait for the guy to make a move. Sheesh. 

Re: Danielle-she needs him to quit trying to mold himself to what she wants. My H was the first and only man who could stand up to me. Not that I am so demanding-but in my 20's I so would have asked a guy to do something almost as bad as getting him to eat those fish eyes. And H would have told me "um, no." Even though he was very into me. That's what made me stick around for more. That's what Danielle wants. Someone who can stand up to her. 

• Love 1