Type keyword(s) to search

Food Network Star Alums

• Start Topic

Just want to say thanks to the posters who spell Damaris's name correctly. I don't know why it irritates me when posters don't. When she announced the end on FB, she made it sound like she was going to start another venture of some sort.

• Love 1

This sounds like a nightmare. The only redeeming thing is that the incredibly annoying Robyn was never on FN Star. I don't even have un-repressed memories of all of them but a few of them, just looking at them makes me shudder.

Dom was that annoying little kid who kept freezing up on camera. He'd just stand there.

The Fiery Latina (Martitia, I think that's her) is one of the women. The title Giada gave her as she tried to pigeonhole her into doing Latin cooking.

And Matthew. He's the male version of Penny in my book. Mr. Hashtag.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1

I doubt I'll be watching Food Network Star:Leftovers, but. . . I'm weak, so who knows?

At least I won't be yelling "Haven't these people watched this show before?!?!" when someone really screws up a challenge.

• Love 1

Is this supposed to be a Web series or something airing before FNS airs? Either way, whoever selected this gang needs to fired. Penny and Matthew? Seriously? Save those for Cuthroat Kitchen where their shtick makes sense. Actually while I could actually endure Penny there, I hated Matthew just as much. He's a whiney, entitled little prick no matter what show he's on.

• Love 1

That would be like Christmas, birthday, 4th of July and a week's vacation in the Bahamas all rolled into one!

Marcela and Katie Lee for Eddie and Nikki Dinki! Lose the Mexican flair but get the meat on the side and some healthier food on the show.

I just found out from "Food Network Gossip" that Damaris' show aired its last episode at the end of February.  It is not clear whether this was Damaris' decision or the network's.  According to "Food Network Gossip" her show's ratings were at least as good as anything else on that day so they don't think it was that, and they speculate that it could have been Damaris' decision.  I'm sorry to hear this as I enjoyed her and her show.

http://www.foodnetworkgossip.com/2016_02_01_archive.html

Speaking of FNS winners, does anyone know if Eddie Jackson is coming back with his series or any series?  It's been a while and I haven't seen any news.

She just recently got married, she probably wanted to spend more time at home. She doesn't have the clout of Guy nor was married before and could focus on a tv gig like that.

Oh lord, what a motley crew! Seven former FNS contestants fighting for one spot in season 12. What do they all have in common? None of them could get their own show....anywhere? So why would we want to watch them?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/food-network-star/photos/meet-the-finalists-competing-on-food-network-star-comeback-kitchen.html

Michele, Dom, or Matthew will get it. Dom if Giada still wants to bone him and pull strings. Matthew if he's centered his POV (let's face it Food Network needs young faces and viewers). And Michele if they want an actual cook.

• Love 1

Next to that motley crew Dom looks like a superstar by comparison, and that's not saying much, LOL.  None of these people other than him were close to being popular, unless you believed Martita's hugely inflated popularity scores on the website which I always believed were because she lobbied for votes.  I always like Michelle, though and Dom although I think he may still need some work.  The others were either horrible (Penny), annoying (Martita and Matthew) or forgettable (anyone else).  They couldn't try harder to bring back some better people?  Maybe some of them weren't interested.  Sorry that Arnold and Lisa Garza weren't there.  But yeah, no Pah Stayl, so that's good!  Penny looks like she put on some weight.

• Love 1

She just recently got married, she probably wanted to spend more time at home. She doesn't have the clout of Guy nor was married before and could focus on a tv gig like that.

Maybe she sees herself having kids in the near future and didn't want to do both things at once.  I'd hate to think she pulled an Amy Finley 5 seasons in....A lot of women do TV shows who are married and even have kids, although perhaps it just wasn't for her.  Her husband seemed very sweet and devoted so I doubt he put any pressure on her.  Then again one never knows, FN may have canned her for their own reasons.  These days I wouldn't be surprised at anything from that network.

I have no recollection of Brianna whatsoever.  Of the rest, I'd actually rather see Rodney again than Matthew, Penny or Martita.  My guess is that FN wants to bring back Dom because he was wildly popular and had numerous followers.

Nothing about "reality TV" is "fair". But I would not be happy being a season 12 contestant knowing that I was going against someone who is familiar with the process having gone through it twice and already has a working relationship with the various FN judges and producers.

Especially if it is Dom.

• Love 3

I agree, but even worse to be Dom and lose a second time....How humiliating for him if he doesn't pull a rabbit out of a hat and embarrasses himself a yet AGAIN.  Makes me wonder if this entire "comeback" season is a ruse just to make him the next winner.

• Love 1

I don't think he's "all that" with the FN people. He has been following Arnold around like a puppydog, working for him at various catering gigs. I'm pretty sure Arnold already has a show in the bag, or he'd have been in this mix.

• Love 1

I don't think he's "all that" with the FN people. He has been following Arnold around like a puppydog, working for him at various catering gigs. I'm pretty sure Arnold already has a show in the bag, or he'd have been in this mix.

That could explain why Arnold isn't a part of the comeback show but if he does have something in the works I'd have hoped he'd have been dropping hints by now on his social media.  I haven't followed him in a while to find out, though.  I also find it interesting that despite being so popular Jay wasn't asked to come back either.  I think Dom is just riding the gravy train as long as it will have him for a passenger.

I just logged on to facebook, and I can see Lenny's page. He updated it about 7 hours ago.His page said:

Chef at Sand Pearl Resort Clearwater Beach FL and Chief executive at Culinary Arts and Consulting
Lives in Dunedin, Florida

Blergh....I wonder why I even bother wondering wassup with him....since I think he's such a scumbag. I guess Karma has been following him for quite some time.

Totale, from what I understand from friends who don't have Facebook accounts, they can't see the profiles I send them even when they're public to anyone that's signed into Facebook.

I wonder if he gave up the fake cowboy shtick now that he's in Florida.

Totale, from what I understand from friends who don't have Facebook accounts, they can't see the profiles I send them even when they're public to anyone that's signed into Facebook.

I wonder if he gave up the fake cowboy shtick now that he's in Florida.

That would be a wise choice.  He would be the laughing stock!  

I think it's too late for him to worry about that.

I really wonder how much of his silence was enforced by the network under the NDA clauses in his contract. He doesn't seem like someone who would quietly go away like he has.

• Love 1

I think it's too late for him to worry about that.

I really wonder how much of his silence was enforced by the network under the NDA clauses in his contract. He doesn't seem like someone who would quietly go away like he has.

Oh, I think volumes. Does he have enough money to fight the deep pockets of Scripps? I think not. What I'd like to know is whose heads rolled for his selection and lack of background check.

• Love 2