Type keyword(s) to search

Food Network Star Alums

• Start Topic

I just noticed another pic of Jay and Dom together that Dom posted on Oct. 2, captioned "Guess who I ran into today at Chelsea Market?"  Yeah, right, Chelsea Market is in the building where Food Network lives, so that's verrry interesting....

Jay was up there for a weekend.... has posted nothing exciting since, just some stuff he's doing in Louisana and Vegas, and back in Louisana for a beerfest thing coming up on the 24th. He may have been up there for a test, but if he were doing a show, he'd be dropping hints left and right.

Like Arnold is. :)

• Love 1

Arnold just landed in NYC today, tagged both FN and Cooking Channel, saying "Here we go!" and several people know something is up with a show for him. Will keep y'all posted if I hear more.

That's great news!

Edited by Gbb

I'm going to one of the events on Sunday (the one with the Chopped judges) but I MAY splurge and get tix tomorrow for the Ultimate Tailgate so I can drool over Eddie in person hee.

Oh, do it! It's well worth it, I promise! He's even prettier in person! :)

Totally off topic here, but there is no general Food Network thread? LOL, how can I rant about all these grade Z actresses getting their own cooking shows?

No, but you can rant about it in the Small Talk thread here, or in any of the Small Talk threads per show.

Justin Warner also popped up on "Cutthroat Kitchen, Superstar Sabotage" recently.

I also saw Penny Davidi being advertised out of the corner of my eye on some strange cable channel a few weeks ago.  I never found out what that was for, though.

Even better, its Bobby's Xmas special "Christmas at Bobby's" 

https://www.instagram.com/p/-7Cn2dipzl/?taken-by=fitchefeddie

Eddie was also a judge a couple of weeks ago on this special Clash of the Grandmas. I'm so happy to to see FN utilizing him making sure he's seen (it looks like hes still filming his FN show too so thats awesome). They know they got something special there!  And Jeff Mauro mentioned on Twitter a couple of weeks ago that he was recording voice-overs for a new show but couldnt reveal what yet.  Nice to see nice and CLASSY guys winning out..suck on that Lenny!

• Love 4

When Eddie asked "Can I open it like I did when I was a little kid?" referring to his gift, he wildly ripped the paper off. I loved that!! He blends in great with the established group, and I think he'll be around for a long time. I could not see Dom or whatshisname (big guy with the beard) doing nearly as well.

• Love 2

Kelsey Nixon was on Chopped last night and her appearance reminded me of one of the things I didn't like about last season. Although I like the guys individually, it was disappointing how quickly the top contenders became a "boys club".

None of the women were really in contention.

• Love 1

There was a special called Christmas at Bobby's on FN last night (December 10th--it apparently premiered on December 6th). It involved Bobby Flay & a bunch of FN stars. Besides Bobby, I heard Alex Guarnaschelli, Geoffrey Zakarian, Sunny Anderson, Anne Burrell, Katie Lee & Scott Conant, from among the "older" FN stars. It also included Eddie Jackson, the most recent FNS winner.

If you've missed it & you like any of these people--like Eddie--you might wanna keep an eye on your TV listings. You'd think it'd be repeated again sometime in the next 2 weeks (2 weeks to Christmas... Yikes! I gotta get shopping!)

• Love 1

Arnold tweeted the Food Network doors and captioned it, "The Gates to Bliss and Dreams Coming True" and Instagram-ed a photo of a conference room with him in a kitchen on a screen overhead.  Fingers crossed!

BW Manilowe - I set my DVR to record Bobby's special yesterday, haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Bobby's Christmas Special is scheduled to be repeated on Sunday the 13th, Tuesday the 15th and Wednesday the 23rd.

I enjoyed the Bobby Flay Christmas show.  Eddie fit right in and the others were very welcoming to him.  He's a natural on that kind of show, much better than as a host of a highly structured competition.  FN should give him a spot on The Kitchen.  If they'd do that (and get rid of Marcela for me), I'd start watching it again.

• Love 4

I enjoyed the Bobby Flay Christmas show.  Eddie fit right in and the others were very welcoming to him.  He's a natural on that kind of show, much better than as a host of a highly structured competition.  FN should give him a spot on The Kitchen.  If they'd do that (and get rid of Marcela for me), I'd start watching it again.

That would be like Christmas, birthday, 4th of July and a week's vacation in the Bahamas all rolled into one!

• Love 4

He seemed to enjoy being a judge, and the guys all welcomed him warmly. I think Eddie may go down as one of the most-used and best-liked winners of FNS, ever. He's definitely got a bright future ahead of him, and I don't see any of the runners-up during last season as being anywhere close to his personality on-camera.

• Love 3

I thought he did a great job. He's so damn likeable (and hot).  He's not as glib as a Geoffrey Zakarian or a Scott Santos, maybe, but then who is? I love some of the things he comes up with, like "Alcohol plus good food equals a successful tailgate" or however he said it :)

I hope they find a good place for him on FN; he fits in so well, especially when he can interact with other people. I notice he's still advertising his food truck on FB, so they're definitely not keeping him fully employed.

I'm not sure that Eddie is the brightest cook on FN but he's certainly one of the best looking and he's totally likeable.  I love me a man in a suit and he looked more handsome than ever in his coat and tie.  I agree with Gbb that he needs a show where he can interact with other people, preferably unscripted.  

• Love 1

I just found out from "Food Network Gossip" that Damaris' show aired its last episode at the end of February.  It is not clear whether this was Damaris' decision or the network's.  According to "Food Network Gossip" her show's ratings were at least as good as anything else on that day so they don't think it was that, and they speculate that it could have been Damaris' decision.  I'm sorry to hear this as I enjoyed her and her show.

http://www.foodnetworkgossip.com/2016_02_01_archive.html

Speaking of FNS winners, does anyone know if Eddie Jackson is coming back with his series or any series?  It's been a while and I haven't seen any news.