Type keyword(s) to search

Food Network Star Alums

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Justin - He wanted things his way and Alton eventually left. They let him have a one hour special of his way and it crashed. He then become a rotating judge while doing the web series I linked to above. Web Series was last updated in April 2016 though.

Lenny - TWOP found his skeletons near the end of the show and he was pretty much DOA after that.

Eddie - He had that BBQ comp show on Fridays nights for a season. Then did Clash Of Grandmas. He's now hosting Kids BBQ comp while also a rotating judge.

Oh thanks. Why don't we have COOKING shows anymore? Food Network used to be all about the cooking, now it is full of unwatchable game shows like Triple G, and they also have a mix of Triple D's shows in there. What happened to the cooking? I want someone to show me how to cook. I don't want a show where Guy Fieri goes somewhere and watches someone show me their food, or Josh Denny eating "ginormous food" at a restaurant. What happened to the COOKING SHOWS?! I want Ina back. Heck, I even want Nancy Fuller to come back, now that she's toned her act down. I don't like Ree Drummond, but she provides very useful information that is on point and all about cooking. Same with Valerie Bertinelli. Rachael Ray is a hot mess. What happened to Melissa D'Arabian and her show?! What happened to Kelsey and her show?! The FN execs think this is a good idea?! More game shows and less instructional cooking?! Really? This is ridiculous. They don't know that people have stopped watching Food Network due to all that you've done. I will continue watching FN, but I will watch more HGTV from now on.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Simon47 said:

Oh thanks. Why don't we have COOKING shows anymore? 

Kind of reminds me what a lot of us are saying about TLC.  It used to be THE LEARNING CHANNEL.  Now with shows like Khate + 8 and Alaskan Bush People, it's more like The LOSERS Channel.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Simon47 said:

Oh thanks. Why don't we have COOKING shows anymore? Food Network used to be all about the cooking, now it is full of unwatchable game shows like Triple G, and they also have a mix of Triple D's shows in there. What happened to the cooking? I want someone to show me how to cook. I don't want a show where Guy Fieri goes somewhere and watches someone show me their food, or Josh Denny eating "ginormous food" at a restaurant. What happened to the COOKING SHOWS?! I want Ina back. Heck, I even want Nancy Fuller to come back, now that she's toned her act down. I don't like Ree Drummond, but she provides very useful information that is on point and all about cooking. Same with Valerie Bertinelli. Rachael Ray is a hot mess. What happened to Melissa D'Arabian and her show?! What happened to Kelsey and her show?! The FN execs think this is a good idea?! More game shows and less instructional cooking?! Really? This is ridiculous. They don't know that people have stopped watching Food Network due to all that you've done. I will continue watching FN, but I will watch more HGTV from now on.

FN still has cooking shows but you now have to be a celebrity to get one.  Like Valerie Bertinelli, Tiffani Thiessen, or Patty Heaton.  They obviously get better ratings than cooking shows with relative unknowns.  FN tends to air them early in the day, not at night.  The "game show" competition shows plus anything with Guy in it get all the ratings which is why there are so many of them.  Ina Garten is still producing new shows, BTW.  Melissa's show is gone for a few years now, but she turns up every now and then on GGG and most recently as a guest judge on FNS.  I sympathize, though, about the way the network has gone and how few real cooking shows it has anymore.  Plus a lot of these celebs. are not even such great cooks but they are show biz people so they know how to make it look like they are.

• Love 1

Bobby Flay and Damaris Phillips new show "Bobby and Damaris" is premiering Sept. 3 at 10:30 am, being filmed at Bobby's house in the Hamptons, and will include guests - those id'd so far include Ina Garten, Alex G., and Katie Lee. They will be cooking - yeah!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Bobby Flay and Damaris Phillips new show "Bobby and Damaris" is premiering Sept. 3 at 10:30 am, being filmed at Bobby's house in the Hamptons, and will include guests - those id'd so far include Ina Garten, Alex G., and Katie Lee. They will be cooking - yeah!

Damaris at Bobby's house? BETTER NOT LET LBH KNOW!

• Love 3

Tregaye - Just saw her on an "All Star" tournament on "Guy's Grocery Games".

Glad to hear Damaris is back on the air.  I'll watch that show!

She's not a FNS alum, but I just caught YouTuber Hannah Hart on her new travel/eat show and it makes me mad that they didn't just give Justin Warner a show like that since he wanted to do a travel/eat show.  He would have been far better and the fans would have loved it, I'm sure.  It was like they were determined not to give him a series from day one.  Hannah Hart is just not that interesting, IMHO.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Tregaye - Just saw her on an "All Star" tournament on "Guy's Grocery Games".

Glad to hear Damaris is back on the air.  I'll watch that show!

She's not a FNS alum, but I just caught YouTuber Hannah Hart on her new travel/eat show and it makes me mad that they didn't just give Justin Warner a show like that since he wanted to do a travel/eat show.  He would have been far better and the fans would have loved it, I'm sure.  It was like they were determined not to give him a series from day one.  Hannah Hart is just not that interesting, IMHO.

I agree about Justin, but he and Alton butted heads. That would be the kiss of death. Remember me telling y'all that I met Alton on a flight to LA, and I asked him when Justin's show would be on. He had a really funny look on his face as he tried to say "soon, we're working on it now".... I got the immediate impression Justin did something to piss him off and that was the end.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2017 at 4:41 PM, cooksdelight said:

I agree about Justin, but he and Alton butted heads. That would be the kiss of death. Remember me telling y'all that I met Alton on a flight to LA, and I asked him when Justin's show would be on. He had a really funny look on his face as he tried to say "soon, we're working on it now".... I got the immediate impression Justin did something to piss him off and that was the end.

Yes, I do remember you telling that story.  I wonder if Justin's insistence on doing a travel/eat show had something to do with the friction.  I always had the impression that Alton had another concept in mind for him.  It's too bad Justin was such a douche.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

The B&D Show was actually really good and I know Giada was fuming as she watched them film it while peeking over the fence.

I enjoyed the Bobby and Damaris show so much!!  They have a very pleasant chemistry/friendship and Damaris did a good job of not crossing the line to silly (I know she had to try hard - no criticism -- she just has a fun, sometimes silly/giddy personality IMO).  Great atmosphere at Bobby's Hamptons home and they were instructional as they cooked.  Terrific first episode and I definitely thought of Giada being jealous (Bobby pronounced Parmegiano Reggiano in an Italian way and I cringed -- made me think of LBH -- just no, please, Bobby).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I enjoyed the Bobby and Damaris show so much!!  They have a very pleasant chemistry/friendship and Damaris did a good job of not crossing the line to silly (I know she had to try hard - no criticism -- she just has a fun, sometimes silly/giddy personality IMO).  Great atmosphere at Bobby's Hamptons home and they were instructional as they cooked.  Terrific first episode and I definitely thought of Giada being jealous (Bobby pronounced Parmegiano Reggiano in an Italian way and I cringed -- made me think of LBH -- just no, please, Bobby).

I enjoyed it a lot too, and also felt they had great chemistry. This is a keeper for me!

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Loved the show!!

On another note.... former FNS competitor.... is this tacky, or what?? I just got married, we didn't ask for gifts. I catered our reception, bought my dress for $50. We didn't go crazy. 

https://www.crowdrise.com/rulowedding

I'd go with shady. He's using the reputation of his non-profit to raise money for his personal wedding?

3 hours ago, xaxat said:

I'd go with shady. He's using the reputation of his non-profit to raise money for his personal wedding?

That doesn't seem to be the case it's the wedding registry, it's in lieu of gifts people donate to the nonprofit.

EVENT DATE: SEP 17, 2017

THE STORY:

We're happy to have found each other and make the commitment to create a family. What we both believe that is that it takes a village. We depend on you our family and friends.

We believe that its important to pay it forward. We believe that WHEDco is creating and doing incredible things for the community, women and children in New York, our home. 

In support of us, in support of the future. We ask that you support this all important program. 

Russell and Lora

Disclaimer: Russell is a Board Member of WHEDco

It states explicitly that they want people to support WHEDCO, not that they are asking people to pay for their wedding.

• Love 3
On 9/5/2017 at 4:04 AM, biakbiak said:

That doesn't seem to be the case it's the wedding registry, it's in lieu of gifts people donate to the nonprofit.

It states explicitly that they want people to support WHEDCO, not that they are asking people to pay for their wedding.

I totally misread that. My apologies to the couple.

For some odd reason, I thought the B&D Show was something that was thrown together by the FN.  I'm so glad that some of you caught it and liked it.  I've already added it to my recording schedule.  I have somewhat mixed feelings about Demaris, but I doubt Bobby would appear with a loser.

5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Yes, I believe so. Along with the Cooking Network show that Kelsey Nixon did.

I miss Kelsey. Also Cooking Channel has seemingly been prepped to be merged with Food Network. I hope they signals a more diverse daily schedule at Food as opposed to just the marathons.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Yes, I believe so. Along with the Cooking Network show that Kelsey Nixon did.

Yeah, I remember Bobby taking Kelsey under his wing, so to speak. I was glad she got the show. I still follow her on Instagram, and she's crazy busy with projects. She recently did a shoot for FN Magazine, so she's hopefully not done with that avenue yet. 

Has anyone tried her line on HSN? 

Enjoyed today's Bobby and Damaris show with Ina as the best bonus!  Comfort food and easy to make -- loved it.  Damaris has incredible warmth, ease and presence in front of a camera.  She makes Bobby seem like a better guy and even though she's playful with him, she doesn't make it uncomfortable for me like LBH always, always does. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Enjoyed today's Bobby and Damaris show with Ina as the best bonus!  Comfort food and easy to make -- loved it.  Damaris has incredible warmth, ease and presence in front of a camera.  She makes Bobby seem like a better guy and even though she's playful with him, she doesn't make it uncomfortable for me like LBH always, always does. 

I agree! I love this show more than I thought I would. They have a natural chemistry (who knew?) and it works! And Ina was a bonus!!!

• Love 2

I suck at requesting forums or I'd ask for one on Bobby and Damaris.  I'm kind of so-so on the show so far.  I like their chemistry together and I want to like them more, but somehow it's not feeling as smooth as I'd like it to feel.  Can't put my finger on it.  I actually feel like Damaris is a little uncomfortable around Bobby but she's so adept at being personable that she can manage to make it look otherwise.  At times it feels a little forced and like they're two people having a conversation about different subjects at each other.  And at times she giggles just a little too much.  I'm hoping they iron out their chemistry soon.

• Love 1

I enjoyed today's show less than the other two episodes.  Damaris has always walked a very fine line between amusing and silly.  She is very capable and engaging, but today she pulled the "dumb female" trick too many times when she talked about sports.  She was a cheerleader -- she said she regularly watches football games.  I got annoyed with her today, I'm sorry to say.  The "aren't I cute -- I don't know the right sports term" act got old real fast and seemed fake.  But I will also admit that's one of my pet peeves -- women playing dumb when they aren't.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
On 10/2/2017 at 0:27 AM, MerBearHou said:

I enjoyed today's show less than the other two episodes.  Damaris has always walked a very fine line between amusing and silly.  She is very capable and engaging, but today she pulled the "dumb female" trick too many times when she talked about sports.  She was a cheerleader -- she said she regularly watches football games.  I got annoyed with her today, I'm sorry to say.  The "aren't I cute -- I don't know the right sports term" act got old real fast and seemed fake.  But I will also admit that's one of my pet peeves -- women playing dumb when they aren't.  

The FN audience apparently likes dumb...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I took it off my DVR list, I found myself getting bored quickly.

Getting close for me too but will give it a little more time to see if it improves.  I liked the first episode so much but it quickly declined.  Disappointed.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1

Damaris, WTF with the spanx rolled up shirt while cooking? When they intro'ed, her shirt was "normal." The spanx were two shades darker than her skin, and oh dear, when she turned around to put her chips in the oven? Well, the spanx bunched up. 

Bless her heart, that was sooooo wrong. I get the game day chick thing, but if you're not Giada or Katie Lee, don't do it. Wear a female jersey or something. Or just wear the shirt down like normal people. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Damaris, WTF with the spanx rolled up shirt while cooking? When they intro'ed, her shirt was "normal." The spanx were two shades darker than her skin, and oh dear, when she turned around to put her chips in the oven? Well, the spanx bunched up. 

Sorry hon, that was sooooo wrong. I get the game day chick thing, but if you're not Giada or Katie Lee, don't do it. Wear a female jersey or something. Or just wear the shirt down like normal people. Sorry girl. 

What show are you talking about?  I didn't notice that on this week's "Bobby and Damaris" show and I played it over just to be sure.

The episode where they're making upscale "game day" food. She ties up her shirt, and her stomach is several shades darker than her skin color. But the wrinkling of the Spanx both back and front when she bends over was embarrassing. I have no clue who she was trying to portray. A tailgater? I was confused.

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The episode where they're making upscale "game day" food. She ties up her shirt, and her stomach is several shades darker than her skin color. But the wrinkling of the Spanx both back and front when she bends over was embarrassing. I have no clue who she was trying to portray. A tailgater? I was confused.

I vaguely remember the episode and the tied up blouse and I deleted from my DVR so I can't go back and re-watch to take a closer look.  But I take your word for it!  I think that was one episode where her giggling was so off putting I didn't even notice the wardrobe malfunction.

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just went back and looked at this episode. In the beginning when she and Bobby are talking, you can see she is wearing a pink plaid shirt untucked over blue jeans. When she goes into the kitchen, she puts on an apron over her still untucked shirt that has a wide darker beige band with an ecru colored bottom. When she turns around you can see the apron is tied in the back over her untucked shirt. No skin, no spanx - just an apron.

This apron:  https://www.heirloomedcollection.com/view-all/waist-apron-rolling-pin-oatmeal