Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E23: Something Burrowed, Something Blew

Toby wanted this big wedding all season long and ends up having it in a parking lot with 4 people? 

They put Walter and Paige together, she has a good feeling and the plane crashes. That's not a positive sign for that relationship.

• Love 2

Is this the season finale? Nice ep and glad to see Paige didn't come back all angry. I'm still iffy on her since she and Tim so obviously were being manipulative with the group which soured me on her for awhile. On the other hand Walter is a big suck. Ralph is becoming just a teeny bit Wesley Crusherish in always having the answers.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rascotes said:

My interest in this show has been declining this season.  I hope they can find some way to do better next season or I'm probably going to stop watching.

I agree.  I was a huge fan the first season and it has been steadily decreasing since. I like that they did finally get Walter to own to an emotion but I just know they are going to backpedal on it and have him freak out and renege which will just irritate me. 

• Love 2

Steadily decreasing here too, and I was never a major fan.  I enjoy the cartoon but dislike the badly written soap opera, and there has been more of that.

I liked Happy's vows or whatever. The "suspense" of Walter in danger was a ridiculous waste of time. I have not seen all the episodes but apparently Ray has been on before. I instantly loathed him and hope he will not return.

Every episode when they get a job, they "solve" the initial problem, but it causes an even worse problem (with or without someone being captured or trapped) and then they cause more destruction to fix it ... what I'm wondering is why anyone gives these people jobs anymore! lol.

The pacing of the episode seemed really strange in the last half.

I was actually not pleased with the Walter/Paige moment. I liked their talk, but when she reciprocated, the camera cuts away to everyone else, and I felt like it kind of robbed the moment from the audience - which makes me think something will happen to break them up in the season opener so we'll go through it all again. Paige is injured, Walter is injured, one pushes the other away or something. Because they've been leading up to this big "I love you" and we didn't get much out of it.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, arieswriting said:

I was actually not pleased with the Walter/Paige moment. I liked their talk, but when she reciprocated, the camera cuts away to everyone else, and I felt like it kind of robbed the moment from the audience - which makes me think something will happen to break them up in the season opener so we'll go through it all again. Paige is injured, Walter is injured, one pushes the other away or something. Because they've been leading up to this big "I love you" and we didn't get much out of it.

I felt it robbed us - AND HAPPY & TOBY - of their moment.

And for Walter to go from an "I'm in love with you" to ripping his clothes off in the closet at SOMEONE ELSE'S wedding, is more cartoon ridiculousness.

Happy looked great in that dress, and I loved the boots, because it's so her.

Paige's talents are clearly wasted.  She should be an event planner or concierge.

• Love 3

Walter/Paige soap love is the what ruins the show for me. I like the old S1 case of the week stuff, but episodes that focus all about Walter and Paige's feelings are the worst.

I preferred Walter interacting with Tim.

• Love 1

So now that Walter and Paige declared their love for one another, how much you wanna bet, one of them dies?  And I can pretty much guarantee it won't be Walter. 

Those two together will ruin the show.  

• Love 1

Like Cabe said, it's about damn time. This conversation should have happened last season instead of dragging it out and making Walter be an ass. Now that the next two episodes will likely resolve around the plane crash, I hope someone doesn't die or Walter doesn't backpeddle because I don't want them to continue with this angst next season.

I got teary eyed watching Happy walk down the aisle, and Toby's reaction. Always gets to me. 

• Love 1

Ralph wins every time, without being a smart aleck, IMO.

ITA - I always like Ralph and he looked adorable in his bow tie. 

I laughed when they pulled the rocks off of Walter and no rocks crashed anywhere near him - why not just do that in the first place and skip the whole "get the rock off his leg bit" and give him better air to breathe?  Oh right, this is Scorpion.

I thought the parking lot looked beautiful.  I tried not to think about Happy & Toby not having money after paying for the wedding - I know people can spend thousands on a wedding, but somehow I think those two wouldn't, and they must save the money they make, we rarely see them spending any.  For some reason I think they're all paid well.  I'm thinking about this too much.

Happy's dismay when she thought she wasn't getting married that day felt true to her and I thought Toby calling himself the skinny nerd who landed a hot woman was cute.   They work for me and it fits that Toby is so open and Happy still has things about herself that he doesn't know, like being a pilot.

I LOL at Paige & Walter in the closet because Happy and Toby were going there for the same purpose.  Everyone catching them was funny too.  I wasn't expecting it and I didn't mind it so soon after their big declarations - maybe it's not love, just sexual tension, they can get it on and then be friends again.  I doubt anyone's going to die in the next two weeks.

I liked Ray the last time he was on but he was annoying in this one.  Maybe he did it purposely since he said "my work here is done" and then left at the end.

I liked the episode but my standards for this show aren't high :)   It's goofy and fun.  I wish we didn't have the Paige/Walter romance since they work better as friends so we'll see what happens.

• Love 2

I don't mind Paige and Walter together, even though he's a total asshole sometimes, but just DO it. Trust me, NOone is tuning into this show for a "Will they or won't they?" situation. If you want to put them together, put them together. Just do it. 

By the way, I DO have to give them credit for having Toby get married in the same outfit his character in "American Pie" wore to prom. I don't know WHY they did that exactly, but it worked. 

17-17-2071-853x570.jpg

Eddie_Kaye_Thomas-American-Pie.jpg

• Love 5

I enjoy the show and how Ralph has been written. He has been standing up to Walter and I liked what he told Walter about being wrong.

The closet part was silly.  I'm actually looking forward to the 2 final episodes.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

By the way, I DO have to give them credit for having Toby get married in the same outfit his character in "American Pie" wore to prom. I don't know WHY they did that exactly, but it worked.

My impression is they did it solely so they could have him say the line about having tried so hard to lose weight to fit into his tux that it was too big now so he had to wear the one he wore to prom instead and cut to him in that outfit so people would go "ha! he did wear that to prom! in that movie!"

• Love 1
On May 2, 2017 at 5:04 PM, forumfish said:

I did enjoy the come-to-Jesus meeting Ralph had with Walt -- "you know I'm smarter than you" and "if I wasn't a kid, I'd fight you" -- Ralph wins every time, without being a smart aleck, IMO.

I love that Ralph and Cabe are the two people unafraid to tell Walter the truth, and the only two people that Walter will listen to when they tell him what he needs to hear. 

12 hours ago, madfortv said:

I enjoy the show and how Ralph has been written. He has been standing up to Walter and I liked what he told Walter about being wrong.

Ralph is one of my favorite characters. I always love seeing him on screen and the relationships he has with the other characters. 

• Love 1
On May 2, 2017 at 4:05 PM, twoods said:

Like Cabe said, it's about damn time. This conversation should have happened last season instead of dragging it out and making Walter be an ass. Now that the next two episodes will likely resolve around the plane crash, I hope someone doesn't die or Walter doesn't backpeddle because I don't want them to continue with this angst next season. . . .

And yet we won't be surprised if either Walter or Paige gets head bumped and has that particular type of amnesia that causes TV characters to forget that they just declared their undying love for someone.

• Love 1
On 5/2/2017 at 9:09 AM, Driad said:

Steadily decreasing here too, and I was never a major fan.  I enjoy the cartoon but dislike the badly written soap opera, and there has been more of that.

I liked Happy's vows or whatever. The "suspense" of Walter in danger was a ridiculous waste of time. I have not seen all the episodes but apparently Ray has been on before. I instantly loathed him and hope he will not return.

Ray is hilarious. He should be on more, actually. He's someone that Walter was forced to admit is a friend and who is not a super-genius. And that actor is just amazing with the role he's given. You should go back and watch the episodes with him in them to get caught up.

I like Ralph partly because he's the least melodramatic of the bunch, without being cold.

I like to wear workboots with skirts, so I loved Happy's get up.

Something I like a lot about the show is that Happy and Walter are actually friends, and they seem to really love each other. The way that the were married and no one knew, when they're both such blurters, and then the way he talked about meeting her when he gave her the pin... to me they have more chemistry with each other than Happy and Toby  have together. But I am more than happy that they're friends, not lovers, and that the show has made their friendship so deep without resorting to the "men and women can't be friends without UST" trope. And I like the Toby-Happy relationship in other ways.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2017 at 2:00 AM, rtms77 said:

Is this the season finale? Nice ep and glad to see Paige didn't come back all angry. I'm still iffy on her since she and Tim so obviously were being manipulative with the group which soured me on her for awhile. On the other hand Walter is a big suck. Ralph is becoming just a teeny bit Wesley Crusherish in always having the answers.

Nope two more episodes (two parter) that begins next week.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:48 AM, bros402 said:

Oh wow. This felt like a season finale to me.

welp

My memory tells me this show got added episodes this season, but google isn't backing it up.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:32 AM, Brian Cronin said:

OMG, that's where I recognize him from.  He definitely looks better with the facial hair.

• Love 1