Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Lil' Starburst

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Soobs said:

If Farrah moves to California her neighbors are going to be a lot less cool about that horse. When I lived in Austin (near the University) my across the street neighbor had a wolf/dog hybrid that looked just like a wolf. Once it got loose and chased a woman pushing a stroller down the street.  Nobody ever reported it as far as I know. In my experience, Texans are pretty live and let live unlike in California where it's common for neighbors to report each other for doing unpermitted work on their property.

There are places here in California where people do have mini-horses on their property. We have a small part of our city where people own horses in their suburban neighborhood. They don't have these huge lots or fields, but they do have horses. Plenty of people with money have mini-horses within our county. Our particular area we are not allowed to have roosters, but chickens are fine. It just depends what neighborhood. Farrah is certainly not going the HOA route again as she realized there are rules that have to be obeyed. 

As for her not wanting kids, no shame in that. Mtv should give her an award. She and Farrah are the only ones I think on TM and TM2 who haven't had more.

No shame in anyone not wanting children. However, I don't believe the reason she gave to the viewers. Amber is claiming it is due to her mental illness and her need for medication. She won't be honest and just say she doesn't trust Matt and doesn't want a permanent connection to him OR that Matt has forbid her from having anymore children. As for MTV, they are likely sad that Amber won't have another baby because all they keep pushing on the after-shows is "Are you planning on having anymore children?" "When will you have more kids?" "Don't you want to be married and have more children?" That is the angle MTV cares about. MTV should be ashamed for allowing domestic violence, various forms of abuse in and around the children, and child neglect to reign supreme on this show for the almighty dollar and ratings. MTV pays and pushes these girls into weddings, babies, and participating in on-set drama with their co-stars and exes as if this is some Basketball Wives show. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4

Its the headlines of Amber not being ABLE to have more children that bug the shit out of me. That is totally different from the "facts". Although Amber didn't write them, she gives the ok by re-tweeting them. 

• Love 1

The whole moving-to-San Diego thing may have been cooked up by Farrah and Simon strictly for the cameras.  How many times can viewers watch Farrah inside her house or one of her retail stores?  It worked before when she and Debra were supposedly shopping for houses in L.A., and they got a lot of camera time at the expense of real estate agents.  As of now, she's still in Lakeway.  I can't see Michael or Debra moving to CA, so who would take care of Sophia when she is gone for days at a time?    

• Love 1
On 5/3/2017 at 4:55 PM, GreatKazu said:

I wasn't going to comment on Kim's doggystyle topic, but I am now.

I read a book back in the early 1980s about how to choose the sex of your baby.  The man behind this was some doctor who had achieved much success in helping couples have boys or girls. The idea is more than just having sex doggystlyle to have a boy. Kim took a bit of information and drew her own conclusion. There have been countless of articles on what a couple needs to prepare for if they are going to try for a boy or a girl. I am sure Kim read one of these articles and just immediately figured since she and Butch had doggystyle sex and produced a boy baby, it worked. There is more to it than just that. The reason for sex from the rear is that penetration will be deeper into the uterus and the sperms with the Y chromosome will have a higher chance to get to the egg first.  That is not all. The woman has to know when exactly she is ovulating and to be able to have sex as close as possible to her date of ovulation. There was also mention about the Y chromosones tend to prefer a less acidic environment. In order to do this, a woman should have an orgasm. She should also eat certain foods. The male partners should wear boxers instead of briefs. There is more, but that is the gist of it. Kim left out a lot of information. Whether it works or not, that is a different topic. 

Kim is stupid. The mere fact there is even baby talk happening with C&T is just gross. 

I read that book too.  Since we already had a girl, we were trying for a boy.  We followed the instructions and I ended up pregnant with identical twin girls. lol

• Love 8

If Jen and Larry could convince lazy Ryan to go to court for visitation he would get at least the minimum of shared holidays and every other weekend and maci would have no say in the matter. I think she enjoys the control and I hated how she said Ryan doesn't deserve to see Bentley because he isn't around alot. If it were Ryan asking to take Bentley to MacKenzies parents for Thanksgiving I was say nope. But it's Jen and Larry and Bentley adores them and he's their only grandson and they love him to death and have always been good to maci. They take care of her other kids as well so it was shitty of her to want to take Bentley to Taylor's parents. Taylor has been around for a few years but Jen and Larry have been part of Bentleys life since he was born. 

• Love 1
On 5/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, lezlers said:

This reminds me, since I never saw it discussed in the threads (I may have missed it), was I the only one surprised that they took a golf cart trick or treating?  How lazy can you be???   You're supposed to walk, dammit!  If the kids get tired, that means trick or treating is over! 

Also, you shouldn't drive a golf cart down streets with kids running around if you're drunk.  There was no evidence that they WERE drunk, but it's Maci and Taylor so it's a pretty good guess.

On 5/4/2017 at 4:22 PM, CofCinci said:

If there are trick-or-treating in a gated community it is the norm to have a golf cart.  Farrah has one too.

Yep. Especially in the south in the middle class & upper middle class suburbs. A lot of my neighbors have them. They got them for their kids instead of four wheelers/ATVS because they're hypothetically safer. When I go for runs in my neighborhood, I'm constantly getting passed by lazy teens and pre-teens heading to the subdivision's pocket park or a friend's house. They'll drive a golf cart a couple of blocks away to play basketball with other kids, some of whom have also driven their golf carts there. It's insane because my entire subdivision is maybe 1.5 miles in diameter & not really a long bike ride or walk from any house to another (even those the farthest apart) or any house to the park. And there isn't a golf course in our subdivision or adjacent to it. They are never actually taking these in golf courses.

It makes me wanna scream at their lazy, young behinds as they drive by me on their golf carts:  "Back in my day, we used to have to ride our bikes or walk to our friends' houses, you lazy kids!" 

Golf carts in the suburbs/gated communities are definitely a "thing" in the south. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, kira28 said:

If Jen and Larry could convince lazy Ryan to go to court for visitation he would get at least the minimum of shared holidays and every other weekend and maci would have no say in the matter. I think she enjoys the control and I hated how she said Ryan doesn't deserve to see Bentley because he isn't around alot. If it were Ryan asking to take Bentley to MacKenzies parents for Thanksgiving I was say nope. But it's Jen and Larry and Bentley adores them and he's their only grandson and they love him to death and have always been good to maci. They take care of her other kids as well so it was shitty of her to want to take Bentley to Taylor's parents. Taylor has been around for a few years but Jen and Larry have been part of Bentleys life since he was born. 

If it was that important to them maybe they should have gone to her directly and explained that instead of going through Ryan then shit talking her on camera.

15 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Yep. Especially in the south in the middle class & upper middle class suburbs. A lot of my neighbors have them. They got them for their kids instead of four wheelers/ATVS because they're hypothetically safer. When I go for runs in my neighborhood, I'm constantly getting passed by lazy teens and pre-teens heading to the subdivision's pocket park or a friend's house. They'll drive a golf cart a couple of blocks away to play basketball with other kids, some of whom have also driven their golf carts there. It's insane because my entire subdivision is maybe 1.5 miles in diameter & not really a long bike ride or walk from any house to another (even those the farthest apart) or any house to the park. And there isn't a golf course in our subdivision or adjacent to it. They are never actually taking these in golf courses.

It makes me wanna scream at their lazy, young behinds as they drive by me on their golf carts:  "Back in my day, we used to have to ride our bikes or walk to our friends' houses, you lazy kids!" 

Golf carts in the suburbs/gated communities are definitely a "thing" in the south. 

Holy shit, are you serious?  I probably WOULD yell that because I'm kind of an asshole and pretty much just waiting until I'm old enough to sit on a lawn chair on my front porch and spray kids with my hose, yelling at them to get off my lawn.

And we wonder why obesity is such an epidemic now.

• Love 8
On 5/4/2017 at 8:22 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

To be fair, Catelynn had absolutely no problem taking a pregnancy test on camera and showing herself actually peeing on the stick. It seems that class, privacy, and decorum is not valued in that household. 

We could say the same for Maci. I wouldn't dream of telling my 6 year old to stop playing with his pecker (god, I hate that word) in front of company, nevermind cameras. 

I mean, teen moms, MTV obviously didn't choose the ones heading to the ivy leagues.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:27 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

It looks like Farrah is planning on moving Starburst to San Diego (on the show, perhaps not in real life).  She tours a house and asks if there is a Homeowners Association, and later reveals she doesn't want to live in a HOA because they create problems for her animals, her life, and her creativity...

http://www.eonline.com/news/848216/farrah-abraham-goes-house-hunting-with-her-ex-simon-on-teen-mom-og-and-it-ends-in-disaster

LOL. LOL. She's gonna have to pick her ag friendly property carefully in San Diego.  Probably not close to the beach.  I'm telling you, Farrah, Temecula is your best bet. Find a nice avocado farmer who can't hear very well. That's your spot.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, kira28 said:

That is just the point.  All parties involved know that Ryan has no interest in really having Bentley more or actually doing any parenting.  It is why all previous civil schedules have never been followed by Ryan.  When the whole family is "eternally grateful" that Ryan only missed half of Halloween this year those expectations are really low.

Quite honestly there is no incentive for Maci to go to court and get formal visitation because she and everyone else involved including Ryan know that he doesn't want that.  Even if Maci encouraged it, what would happen is that Ryan would flake on Bentley like he usually does and Maci has to deal with the fallout.  I think it is also incredibly disingenuous to go to court just for the sole purpose of a Holiday schedule if your not actually interested in the "parenting/raising" of your child.

Jenn and Larry used to be on Ryan all the time about setting up a court appointed schedule and Ryan never wanted to, even when Maci agreed.  They have since stopped because even they know that Ryan doesn't want that is not ready for it.  Hell, they can't stop praising McKenzie (?) for getting Ryan to be a half assed father.

At some point you have to stop blaming the "evil, selfish mother" for keeping the child when the father has resources that are readily avbailable to him if he wants more time with his child.  As Jude Judy would say, it cost nothing to go to family court and request visitation for your child. This idea that it is an unattainable obstacle is just bull.

Also Jenn and Larry do not take care of Maci's kids.  They have watched Jayde onscreen one time.  There may have been another time when they babysat or so.  As far as I know Maci just made a comment about trusting her kids in Jenn and Larry's hands not that they are her go to caretakers.  Hell, even if they babysat multiple times over the last couple of years I don't know how that translates to certain rights.  Yes, Jenn and Larry are good people and have been good to Maci, but Maci has been very good to them as well.  She has not made her issues with Ryan an obstacle for them to see Bentley.  She always goes out of her way to include them and communicate with them in regards to Bentley, even though it should be Ryan's job to do that.  So in essence I think Jenn/Larry/Maci have a great mutual relationship and history of being good to each other. A holiday trip is not going to unravel that.

• Love 14

oh, I just remembered this...did anyone catch the massive "WTF" look that Christina gave Gary when Amber was rambling about chair covered and who was and was not invited to Leah's party?

She looked like she was first surprised and then trying not to laugh.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

That is just the point.  All parties involved know that Ryan has no interest in really having Bentley more or actually doing any parenting.  It is why all previous civil schedules have never been followed by Ryan.  When the whole family is "eternally grateful" that Ryan only missed half of Halloween this year those expectations are really low.

Quite honestly there is no incentive for Maci to go to court and get formal visitation because she and everyone else involved including Ryan know that he doesn't want that.  Even if Maci encouraged it, what would happen is that Ryan would flake on Bentley like he usually does and Maci has to deal with the fallout.  I think it is also incredibly disingenuous to go to court just for the sole purpose of a Holiday schedule if your not actually interested in the "parenting/raising" of your child.

Jenn and Larry used to be on Ryan all the time about setting up a court appointed schedule and Ryan never wanted to, even when Maci agreed.  They have since stopped because even they know that Ryan doesn't want that is not ready for it.  Hell, they can't stop praising McKenzie (?) for getting Ryan to be a half assed father.

At some point you have to stop blaming the "evil, selfish mother" for keeping the child when the father has resources that are readily avbailable to him if he wants more time with his child.  As Jude Judy would say, it cost nothing to go to family court and request visitation for your child. This idea that it is an unattainable obstacle is just bull.

Also Jenn and Larry do not take care of Maci's kids.  They have watched Jayde onscreen one time.  There may have been another time when they babysat or so.  As far as I know Maci just made a comment about trusting her kids in Jenn and Larry's hands not that they are her go to caretakers.  Hell, even if they babysat multiple times over the last couple of years I don't know how that translates to certain rights.  Yes, Jenn and Larry are good people and have been good to Maci, but Maci has been very good to them as well.  She has not made her issues with Ryan an obstacle for them to see Bentley.  She always goes out of her way to include them and communicate with them in regards to Bentley, even though it should be Ryan's job to do that.  So in essence I think Jenn/Larry/Maci have a great mutual relationship and history of being good to each other. A holiday trip is not going to unravel that.

I'm not suggesting Maci go to court for a visitation schedule. Why would she waste her time doing that. The only people a visitation schedule would benefit are Jen and Larry and they could use Ryan's time. They do that now

And yes it actually costs quite a bit to go to court. Normally you need an attorney and that is never free unless you are a criminal. I tried to take my ex to court for child support for our two kids. I was working full time making $15 hr and daycare cost $950 a month. I could barely afford formula and diapers for our youngest and my ex who made over $80,000 a year gave me $100 a month to support two kids. I had no attorney I couldn't afford one. Ex had also stuck me with our sons medical bills. The judge actually yelled at me that I was stupid to not have an attorney and she wasn't going to dumb down her courtroom to explain legal terms to me so. I could understand the proceedings. I was a college graduate I understood everything, I wasn't trying to play attorney, I just could not afford one, hell I could barely afford to take the day off for the hearing or the gas to drive to the court house. That judge was a total bitch but my point is Ryan would probably need an attorney. 

I realize he would never pursue visitation because it requires effort and he's just not that interested in being a father. That said Maci shouldn't withhold Bentley from Jen and Larry because they have always helped her and they love Bentley dearly. One Thanksgiving away from. Taylor's parents who he barely knows isn't going to harm him. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

There may have been another time when they babysat or so.  As far as I know Maci just made a comment about trusting her kids in Jenn and Larry's hands not that they are her go to caretakers.  Hell, even if they babysat multiple times over the last couple of years I don't know how that translates to certain rights.  

It wasn't implied that Jen and Larry should have rights just because they have babysat the kids. 

Maci has entrusted Bentley with Jenn and Larry over the years aside from what was Ryan's visitation time. That's a given. Maci may have been swayed to leave Bentley with Jen when Ryan wasn't involved.

3 hours ago, kira28 said:

And yes it actually costs quite a bit to go to court. 

I

Maci, unlike other mothers, has three businesses and a six figure income from MTV. Yes, she can afford it. 

If Maci is finding things difficult now, she better get her bony ass in gear and get something in writing because one day Bentley may have siblings on his dad's side. Maci brings up the fact Bentley has siblings and he should spend the holidays with them and with his "dad" Taylor. Wrong, Maci. Ryan is Bentley's dad. I haven't heard him give up his rights to his son. When he does, then you can make the claim Taylor is Bentley's dad. It is no different than Adumb, Chelsea, and Aubree. Adumb is Aubree's dad. Cole is her step-father. When Aubree is old enough and she wants to claim Cole as her dad, so be it. And note, Chelsea has a visitation schedule. The only difference is she drops off Aubree at the grandparents because they are supervised visits. 

You better get ready, Maci. The day Ryan has a child with someone, Bentley will have a sibling with his dad and Ryan  (and Jen and Larry) may want Bentley over his house to open Christmas presents there on Christmas morning. 

I think Maci letting Bentley spend Christmas Eve with his grandparents is the best move. Kids love opening their presents earlier than the actual morning. In my family, we open gifts the night before. Makes it so much easier for the next day when there is so much happening. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Re:  the above, I am not certain that Ryan will have another child any time soon.  He doesn't seem with it enough to handle a child you actually have to raise.  If he has one, he will be so occupied trying to figure out how to handle it that I think holidays with Bentley will be last on his list of things to be concerned about.  :-)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, alexa said:

Re:  the above, I am not certain that Ryan will have another child any time soon.  He doesn't seem with it enough to handle a child you actually have to raise.  If he has one, he will be so occupied trying to figure out how to handle it that I think holidays with Bentley will be last on his list of things to be concerned about.  :-)

I hope he doesn't have children ever again. lol

Doesn't Mackenzie have a child? I thought I read that here. If she does, I am sure Ryan and Mackenzie will push the whole sibling thing with Bentley the same way Maci pushes Taylor as being Bentley's dad. They will be step-siblings and that can be argued that Bentley should spend Christmas Day with his dad and his new step-family. 

54 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

It wasn't implied that Jen and Larry should have rights just because they have babysat the kids. 

Maci has entrusted Bentley with Jenn and Larry over the years aside from what was Ryan's visitation time. That's a given. Maci may have been swayed to leave Bentley with Jen when Ryan wasn't involved.

Maci, unlike other mothers, has three businesses and a six figure income from MTV. Yes, she can afford it. 

If Maci is finding things difficult now, she better get her bony ass in gear and get something in writing because one day Bentley may have siblings on his dad's side. Maci brings up the fact Bentley has siblings and he should spend the holidays with them and with his "dad" Taylor. Wrong, Maci. Ryan is Bentley's dad. I haven't heard him give up his rights to his son. When he does, then you can make the claim Taylor is Bentley's dad. It is no different than Adumb, Chelsea, and Aubree. Adumb is Aubree's dad. Cole is her step-father. When Aubree is old enough and she wants to claim Cole as her dad, so be it. And note, Chelsea has a visitation schedule. The only difference is she drops off Aubree at the grandparents because they are supervised visits. 

You better get ready, Maci. The day Ryan has a child with someone, Bentley will have a sibling with his dad and Ryan  (and Jen and Larry) may want Bentley over his house to open Christmas presents there on Christmas morning. 

I think Maci letting Bentley spend Christmas Eve with his grandparents is the best move. Kids love opening their presents earlier than the actual morning. In my family, we open gifts the night before. Makes it so much easier for the next day when there is so much happening. 

Actually I think that people are implying that.  Maybe not you but this thread is full of "Jenn/Larry are so good to Maci, they take care of her kids, how dare she not let them take Bentley".

Ryan going to court to request a formal visitation schedule will not cost any money. If anything he and Maci may be sent to a mediator to establish a fair schedule or they can decide on a fair schedule and bring it to court to be documented.  Now if Ryan were launching an all out custody case against Maci, then yes he would need a lawyer.  Let's face it, I think both parties involved can afford a lawyer if needed so that is not an obstacle.

I don't think Maci has to worry about anything.  The crux of this whole argument is that nothing formal will get done unless Ryan wants to pursue it.  We all know he has no real interest in parenting Bentley so that won't happen.  Yes, if Ryan shapes up and decides to take a more active role in Bentley's life then great and they can cross that bridge when they come to it.  The reality is that Maci isn't keeping Bentley from Ryan or Jenn/Larry.  They happen to have a disagreement about the "Holiday schedule". There has been no mention by any of them about Maci keeping Bentley away from them.  Even when Jenn/Larry were complaining it was about the Holidays.

If/when Ryan has more children it will be HIS responsibility to work something out if he wants to encourage that all his children spend the Holidays together.  It won't be Maci's or Jenn/Larry's to do it.

IMO Ryan likes that Maci has all the control because it means that she has all the responsibility as well. 

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ryan's parenting was summed up for me in the episode when Bentley had his tonsils removed. No call, no show Ryan.

This. Even my father showed up when I got my tonsils out.

Bottom line this has to be sorted out between Maci and Ryan, not Maci and Jenn/Larry; the latter need to stop letting Ryan off the hook and going directly to Maci. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 8

I adore Jen and Larry. My mom was a single parent and we lived with my grandparents after my parents got divorced. Since my mom worked 2 and 3 jobs, my grandparents did a lot to raise me. I get in my feels when I see Jen and Larry interact with Bentley. Same with Randy and Aubree and even Debz and Michael with Sophia. 

So, with my bias on the table, I gotta side with Maci on this one. My assumption is that Jen and Larry and probably told Ryan well in advance that they'd like to take Bentley to AL to spend time with the paternal relatives. Ryan forgot or didn't care and basically sprung it on Maci at the last minute. Maci's response was basically "WTF?" If Ryan had spoke to her sooner, arrangements could have been made. At the last minute, not so much. Now Maci is in the position of being the horrible shebeast who keeps Bentley away from his father when, really, if his father halfway acted like he gave a shit Maci would probably be more than willing to adjust plans. 

That's my read on it, anyway. And, PSA, if you are close to your grandparents and they're still around and in good health, give them a call! I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. My grandfather passed away in 2014, but my grandmother is thankfully still with me. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I adore Jen and Larry. My mom was a single parent and we lived with my grandparents after my parents got divorced. Since my mom worked 2 and 3 jobs, my grandparents did a lot to raise me. I get in my feels when I see Jen and Larry interact with Bentley. Same with Randy and Aubree and even Debz and Michael with Sophia. 

So, with my bias on the table, I gotta side with Maci on this one. My assumption is that Jen and Larry and probably told Ryan well in advance that they'd like to take Bentley to AL to spend time with the paternal relatives. Ryan forgot or didn't care and basically sprung it on Maci at the last minute. Maci's response was basically "WTF?" If Ryan had spoke to her sooner, arrangements could have been made. At the last minute, not so much. Now Maci is in the position of being the horrible shebeast who keeps Bentley away from his father when, really, if his father halfway acted like he gave a shit Maci would probably be more than willing to adjust plans. 

That's my read on it, anyway. And, PSA, if you are close to your grandparents and they're still around and in good health, give them a call! I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. My grandfather passed away in 2014, but my grandmother is thankfully still with me. 

I feel you on this. I don't see any malice or ill will by the Edwards. Was it a shitty thing for Jen to try and convince Bentley to spend Xmas morning with them? Sure. But overall, they have been two very decent people.  Maci has made it clear she considers Jen and Larry as her second parents. The closeness is likely one reason why Maci has allowed all of this to continue. She also kept hoping her child's father would step up, just like Chelsea held out hope for Adumb. These girls go far and beyond to keep giving their exes a chance all for the sake of their children. It sure is a contrast to Kail who thinks fathers have no rights whatsoever and should cease a relationship with the children. I applaud Maci and Chelsea for at least trying even when all the signs point to these guys not choosing to be involved in their children's lives. 

Still, Maci has brought on drama when it came to visitation. I can think of at least instances where she tried to interrupt Ryan's visitation time.   There was the  Edwards family vacation where Ryan and his family took Bentley to the beach. Maci decided to show up uninvited with her friends and used the excuse that their son should see his parents together. There was another incident when Bentley was two years old. It was Halloween and Maci wanted to take Bentley for a few hours even though it was Ryan's day to have him. Ryan and Maci fought right in front of Bentley.  Ryan later consulted with his parents who then pushed him to go to court and get a visitation order so there wouldn't be anymore drama. 

Maci knows Ryan won't go to court. She has always known this. I still don't see what precludes her from doing so especially now that she is seeing how Bentley is being affected and she doesn't want to tell Jen to knock it off. Ryan is in his own world, but he apparently can be an adult when it suits him like getting engaged to some woman. Take him to court, Maci! Put an end to this now. 

Ryan going to court to request a formal visitation schedule will not cost any money. If anything he and Maci may be sent to a mediator to establish a fair schedule or they can decide on a fair schedule and bring it to court to be documented.  Now if Ryan were launching an all out custody case against Maci, then yes he would need a lawyer.  Let's face it, I think both parties involved can afford a lawyer if needed so that is not an obstacle.

The thing is, these two can't work out a schedule. About four or five seasons ago they did try to work out such a schedule, but neither side could come to a reasonable schedule. There was no compromise from either side. 

9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I feel you on this. I don't see any malice or ill will by the Edwards. Was it a shitty thing for Jen to try and convince Bentley to spend Xmas morning with them? Sure. But overall, they have been two very decent people.  Maci has made it clear she considers Jen and Larry as her second parents. The closeness is likely one reason why Maci has allowed all of this to continue. She also kept hoping her child's father would step up, just like Chelsea held out hope for Adumb. These girls go far and beyond to keep giving their exes a chance all for the sake of their children. It sure is a contrast to Kail who thinks fathers have no rights whatsoever and should cease a relationship with the children. I applaud Maci and Chelsea for at least trying even when all the signs point to these guys not choosing to be involved in their children's lives. 

Still, Maci has brought on drama when it came to visitation. I can think of at least instances where she tried to interrupt Ryan's visitation time.   There was the  Edwards family vacation where Ryan and his family took Bentley to the beach. Maci decided to show up uninvited with her friends and used the excuse that their son should see his parents together. There was another incident when Bentley was two years old. It was Halloween and Maci wanted to take Bentley for a few hours even though it was Ryan's day to have him. Ryan and Maci fought right in front of Bentley.  Ryan later consulted with his parents who then pushed him to go to court and get a visitation order so there wouldn't be anymore drama. 

Maci knows Ryan won't go to court. She has always known this. I still don't see what precludes her from doing so especially now that she is seeing how Bentley is being affected and she doesn't want to tell Jen to knock it off. Ryan is in his own world, but he apparently can be an adult when it suits him like getting engaged to some woman. Take him to court, Maci! Put an end to this now. 

The thing is, these two can't work out a schedule. About four or five seasons ago they did try to work out such a schedule, but neither side could come to a reasonable schedule. There was no compromise from either side. 

I do remember Maci showing up to the beach with Ryan's new girlfriend and her friends and finding that really weird and desperate. Thankfully that immature behavior has stopped and she seems fine sharing custody with Bentley now. There has been growth on both sides because Jen and Larry (and Jen in particular) treated Maci like the biggest whore since whores came to Whoretown and was constantly on Ryan's case to go to court about petty stuff. 

I do have one random request though. Could somebody do a yawning Ryan montage set to "Walking on Sunshine"? 

• Love 3

Wasn't the drama at Nova's first birthday that Butch and April couldn't be in the same place because of a no contact order? I guess that's no longer in place? They were both definately at the party at the same time this year.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, DeeReynolds said:

Wasn't the drama at Nova's first birthday that Butch and April couldn't be in the same place because of a no contact order? I guess that's no longer in place? They were both definately at the party at the same time this year.

That whole no contact order was a little confusing because after that both Butch and April were in attendance for Tyler and Kail's wedding.  Did the order "run its course" before the wedding or where there allowances made because of the occasion and scope of the venue.

(edited)
19 hours ago, JBC344 said:

That whole no contact order was a little confusing because after that both Butch and April were in attendance for Tyler and Kail's wedding.  Did the order "run its course" before the wedding or where there allowances made because of the occasion and scope of the venue.

I think that whole thing was said and done because the cameras were there and the restraining order had to be mentioned in order to make Butch look as if he was following through with his parole guidelines.  April and Butch continue to be getting high. April goes to Boogie Town and Butch does his coke. I don't expect them to follow the guidelines imposed upon Butch through that restraining order. It wasn't a restraining order that April put on Butch. It was part of his court order.  April, like a lot of victims, tend to look the other way when the courts put a restraining order in a court order, unfortunately.  Losers both of them. I was really rooting for them especially when April was shown with her antique business and Butch had supposedly been sober for a year. Goes to show the cameras don't show everything especially when you have two habitual liars speaking. Seems they passed that trait onto Catelynn and Tyler. 

.If/when Ryan has more children it will be HIS responsibility to work something out if he wants to encourage that all his children spend the Holidays together.  It won't be Maci's or Jenn/Larry's to do it.

Sure it is. Maci just better be agreeable about it when and if that happens.  Even if Ryan doesn't have any more children, he may end up married to Mackenzie and they may want to have Bentley over their home for Xmas morning. 

Maci can miss me with her comment about how Bentley should spend Xmas morning with his siblings. Bentley cares about presents. Kids that age don't give a rat's ass about being with their siblings, half-siblings, step-siblings on a specific day. All they care about is opening their gifts and they sure don't mind if they were to open them on Xmas Eve morning, Xmas Eve night, two days before or anytime before the actual day. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:46 AM, kira28 said:

I'm not suggesting Maci go to court for a visitation schedule. Why would she waste her time doing that. The only people a visitation schedule would benefit are Jen and Larry and they could use Ryan's time. They do that now

And yes it actually costs quite a bit to go to court. Normally you need an attorney and that is never free unless you are a criminal. I tried to take my ex to court for child support for our two kids. I was working full time making $15 hr and daycare cost $950 a month. I could barely afford formula and diapers for our youngest and my ex who made over $80,000 a year gave me $100 a month to support two kids. I had no attorney I couldn't afford one. Ex had also stuck me with our sons medical bills. The judge actually yelled at me that I was stupid to not have an attorney and she wasn't going to dumb down her courtroom to explain legal terms to me so. I could understand the proceedings. I was a college graduate I understood everything, I wasn't trying to play attorney, I just could not afford one, hell I could barely afford to take the day off for the hearing or the gas to drive to the court house. That judge was a total bitch but my point is Ryan would probably need an attorney. 

I realize he would never pursue visitation because it requires effort and he's just not that interested in being a father. That said Maci shouldn't withhold Bentley from Jen and Larry because they have always helped her and they love Bentley dearly. One Thanksgiving away from. Taylor's parents who he barely knows isn't going to harm him. 

In your personal case it did cost money because what you needed was representation in order to get your affairs handled such as medical bills, child support, and all the other odds and ends that come with dealing with a deadbeat parent. Maci is not dealing with a deadbeat parent. Therefore, she may not need an attorney to represent her in her matter simply because when it comes to setting up a scheduled visitation all it takes is both sides to reach an agreement that both are content with and that is usually handled through mediation although some people do have representation and still go to mediation first because they may have other issues that need to be tended to.  I have personally dealt with people who did acquire an attorney even though they were only trying to set up a scheduled visitation because they were dealing with an ex who wasn't reasonable. Even so, if Maci had to hire an attorney, she is financially secure in order to do so. 

Edited by SPLAIN
Two not to
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I haven't been in this thread for over a week, and kept wondering why no one remembered this. There IS a custody order and parenting plan. It had to be back when the show was airing originally. Ryan wanted Bentley's birth certificate to enroll him some activity and Maci told him to get his own. He ordered it but didn't think it would be there in time. Maci's mom sat her down and asked her if she really wanted to make this her line in the sand, and Maci said she was tired of Ryan getting away with not parenting but getting the benefit of the good times. Sharon told her she had a baby with him and she can't unring that bell so get past it. To date, Maci is still pissed that Ryan gets away with not parenting, but I think she just accepts it now.

After the birth certificate debacle, Ryan took her to court for a formal visitation schedule and they were assigned a mediator. The mediator told them that at Bentley's age, Ryan's base level of time would include another night during the week. At that time, Ryan was still working where he had to travel to repair the machinery, and Maci was dead set that he wasn't getting any more time when he didn't spend the time with Bentley as it were. Ryan said he did, Maci said you were at the club Friday night, and Ryan said it was after 10:30 and Bentley was asleep. The mediator told Maci it wasn't about her, it was about Bentley and Maci broke down in tears. 

In addition to the examples in the quote, there was the time Maci was supposed to take Bentley to meet Ryan at his new apartment. It was a gated community and he was going to meet her at a restaurant parking lot a minute away. Maci sent a text that she would be there "about 12:30" (I don't remember the actual language). She got to the parking lot, waited fifteen minutes, and drove to Larry and Jenn's where Larry was outside and asked what happened because he wasn't expecting Bentley. Maci said she "didn't even want to talk about it on camera," only to later talk about it on camera and it seemed clear to me that she knew he was expecting her to text when she arrived. We hashed it out way back then, but I think the general consensus was that they were both being petty assholes and they were both wrong. Maci dropped Bentley off with Larry because it was Ryan's time per the court order and she couldn't just take him home with her.

Since I still haven't watched the episode, from reading this thread it seems that Maci had Thanksgiving this year and the Edwards had made plans to travel and see one of Larry's elderly relatives and wanted to take Bentley. If it was a last minute type plan, Maci still should have answered no immediately, because it sounds like that was what offended Larry. 

Also, there was the time that Maci hemmed and hawed around about the wedding until Jenn volunteered to watch Jayde, but there was another time where they were discussing that Jenn watched Maci's kids. I don't know if it was a regular episode or maybe the Being the Edwards but Jayde and the wedding is not the only time we know of or saw. Maci has repeatedly said that Larry and Jenn have been good to her and her kids at the same time as she says something insulting about them as parents of Ryan or that they are "selfish when it comes to Bentley." I'm not going to rewatch past episodes to find it though, I haven't watched the last three as it is.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Maci can miss me with her comment about how Bentley should spend Xmas morning with his siblings. Bentley cares about presents. Kids that age don't give a rat's ass about being with their siblings, half-siblings, step-siblings on a specific day. All they care about is opening their gifts and they sure don't mind if they were to open them on Xmas Eve morning, Xmas Eve night, two days before or anytime before the actual day. 

I just don't agree with this. Yes, kids enjoy presents, but it's also the whole experience. Part of that is being with your brothers and sisters and seeing what they got. Kids also don't like to feel like they're missing out on anything. I have 3 kids - 5,7, and 8. My oldest is going to turn 9 Memorial Day Weekend and his dad has to go out of town to work more on our vacation property. The boys want to go with him, but my oldest doesn't want to miss his birthday. I suggested sending gifts and cookies down with them, so they can do it down there. Instead dad opted to go one day later, because my son really really wanted to celebrate with ALL of us. It wasn't just about the gifts. 

I think Bentley really loves his little brother and sister. He seems to enjoy them a lot and I bet he wants to see what they get from Santa. I think he would feel left out if he had to do his gifts later. I know that's often par for the course with children from split families, but when they've been doing it that way (Christmas Eve/morning at mom's - over to dad/grandparents' later in the day), why change it up now? 

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think Bentley really loves his little brother and sister. He seems to enjoy them a lot and I bet he wants to see what they get from Santa. I think he would feel left out if he had to do his gifts later. I know that's often par for the course with children from split families, but when they've been doing it that way (Christmas Eve/morning at mom's - over to dad/grandparents' later in the day), why change it up now? 

I don't doubt Bentley loves his siblings, and I sure didn't mean to imply he doesn't care about them. I was speaking more about that moment when kids are all about the gifts. They count down for that day to open presents they have received. I sure as heck didn't count down the days to see what my younger and older siblings got for Xmas. LOL  Sure many kids have the blessing of having a wonderful day spent with family and enjoying the experience, but let's be real, kids want presents. It is what it is and there is nothing wrong with that. It seems my comment about Xmas Eve wasn't clear. Allow me to clarify. I didn't mean Xmas should be changed up for Bentley. I merely backed up what Maci said in the show, that Bentley could enjoy Xmas Eve at the Edwards instead of Xmas morning and I believe she said Bentley would enjoy getting his presents early which made me comment about kids and presents. Bentley being able to open his presents a day earlier is surely not going to upset him and honestly, I think too much is made about that day. Xmas can be celebrated a week before, five days before, three days before, whatever floats people's boat. I have celebrated Xmas a week early. I have also celebrated Thanksgiving a day late. It is about the experience, not the day. 

Maci's kids are so small they don't even have a clue what Xmas is about. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I just don't agree with this. Yes, kids enjoy presents, but it's also the whole experience. Part of that is being with your brothers and sisters and seeing what they got. Kids also don't like to feel like they're missing out on anything. I have 3 kids - 5,7, and 8. My oldest is going to turn 9 Memorial Day Weekend and his dad has to go out of town to work more on our vacation property. The boys want to go with him, but my oldest doesn't want to miss his birthday. I suggested sending gifts and cookies down with them, so they can do it down there. Instead dad opted to go one day later, because my son really really wanted to celebrate with ALL of us. It wasn't just about the gifts. 

I totally agree with you.  Kids that age definitely care about participating in family activities, especially ones like "Christmas morning". I actually thought it was rather presumptuous of Jenn/Larry/Ryan to think that Bentley would spend Christmas morning with them.  I can understand spending the day of Christmas Eve and maybe opening their presents as a family that night but spending the night into the morning seems a little odd to me.  Then again I am one of those people who feel like grandparents should travel to the grandchild if they want to see them Christmas morning and not the other way around, especially considering that Bentley has siblings whom he lives in the same house with.

With that said I also think that people make to big of a deal about celebrating on the actual day as opposed to taking the sentiment and making the best of the situation. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I don't doubt Bentley loves his siblings, and I sure didn't mean to imply he doesn't care about them. I was speaking more about that moment when kids are all about the gifts. They count down for that day to open presents they have received. I sure as heck didn't count down the days to see what my younger and older siblings got for Xmas. LOL  Sure many kids have the blessing of having a wonderful day spent with family and enjoying the experience, but let's be real, kids want presents. It is what it is and there is nothing wrong with that. It seems my comment about Xmas Eve wasn't clear. Allow me to clarify. I didn't mean Xmas should be changed up for Bentley. I merely backed up what Maci said in the show, that Bentley could enjoy Xmas Eve at the Edwards instead of Xmas morning. Bentley being able to open his presents a day earlier is surely not going to upset him. In fact, I think Maci did say he would enjoy the chance to get his presents early. 

And see I thought the Edwardses were trying to GET Christmas Eve, something they normally didn't get. To my understanding, Bentley is generally at home Christmas Eve, and into the morning, then goes to Ryan's (really Larry and Jen's) later on Christmas Day. And it appeared that Jenn was trying to get him for Christmas Eve and to wake up there on Christmas morning. But maybe he does typically go there Christmas Eve, but comes back home that night and still wakes up with his mother and siblings on Christmas Day. And maybe THIS year Jen was trying to get him to stay the night on Christmas Eve, instead of going home? Either way, I noticed Maci say something about Santa on Christmas morning and I think Bentley wanted to open his Santa presents when Jayde and Maverick do. I do think, whatever the exact dynamics were, it was Jen trying to change things up and that was the issue I had. Sorry if there was any confusion! (I have a hard enough time keeping OUR holiday plans straight!)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And see I thought the Edwardses were trying to GET Christmas Eve, something they normally didn't get. To my understanding, Bentley is generally at home Christmas Eve, and into the morning, then goes to Ryan's (really Larry and Jen's) later on Christmas Day. And it appeared that Jenn was trying to get him for Christmas Eve and to wake up there on Christmas morning. But maybe he does typically go there Christmas Eve, but comes back home that night and still wakes up with his mother and siblings on Christmas Day. And maybe THIS year Jen was trying to get him to stay the night on Christmas Eve, instead of going home? Either way, I noticed Maci say something about Santa on Christmas morning and I think Bentley wanted to open his Santa presents when Jayde and Maverick do. I do think, whatever the exact dynamics were, it was Jen trying to change things up and that was the issue I had. Sorry if there was any confusion! (I have a hard enough time keeping OUR holiday plans straight!)

No worries. Don't apologize.

If anything, that whole scene nearly gave me a headache. I felt it was just a simple disagreement, but for some reason Maci took it up another level.  I think it was Jen trying to manipulate Bentley which I feel is so wrong on many levels, but instead of hashing it out with Jen, she discussed it right there in front of Bentley. She could have sent him to go play and then discussed the matter with the producer. Even the producer had a simple solution: sit down and talk to the Edwards and Ryan about this. My god, sometimes these girls create drama when none is necessary. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Christina said:

I haven't been in this thread for over a week, and kept wondering why no one remembered this. There IS a custody order and parenting plan. It had to be back when the show was airing originally. Ryan wanted Bentley's birth certificate to enroll him some activity and Maci told him to get his own. He ordered it but didn't think it would be there in time. Maci's mom sat her down and asked her if she really wanted to make this her line in the sand, and Maci said she was tired of Ryan getting away with not parenting but getting the benefit of the good times. Sharon told her she had a baby with him and she can't unring that bell so get past it. To date, Maci is still pissed that Ryan gets away with not parenting, but I think she just accepts it now.

After the birth certificate debacle, Ryan took her to court for a formal visitation schedule and they were assigned a mediator. The mediator told them that at Bentley's age, Ryan's base level of time would include another night during the week. At that time, Ryan was still working where he had to travel to repair the machinery, and Maci was dead set that he wasn't getting any more time when he didn't spend the time with Bentley as it were. Ryan said he did, Maci said you were at the club Friday night, and Ryan said it was after 10:30 and Bentley was asleep. The mediator told Maci it wasn't about her, it was about Bentley and Maci broke down in tears. 

In addition to the examples in the quote, there was the time Maci was supposed to take Bentley to meet Ryan at his new apartment. It was a gated community and he was going to meet her at a restaurant parking lot a minute away. Maci sent a text that she would be there "about 12:30" (I don't remember the actual language). She got to the parking lot, waited fifteen minutes, and drove to Larry and Jenn's where Larry was outside and asked what happened because he wasn't expecting Bentley. Maci said she "didn't even want to talk about it on camera," only to later talk about it on camera and it seemed clear to me that she knew he was expecting her to text when she arrived. We hashed it out way back then, but I think the general consensus was that they were both being petty assholes and they were both wrong. Maci dropped Bentley off with Larry because it was Ryan's time per the court order and she couldn't just take him home with her.

Since I still haven't watched the episode, from reading this thread it seems that Maci had Thanksgiving this year and the Edwards had made plans to travel and see one of Larry's elderly relatives and wanted to take Bentley. If it was a last minute type plan, Maci still should have answered no immediately, because it sounds like that was what offended Larry. 

Also, there was the time that Maci hemmed and hawed around about the wedding until Jenn volunteered to watch Jayde, but there was another time where they were discussing that Jenn watched Maci's kids. I don't know if it was a regular episode or maybe the Being the Edwards but Jayde and the wedding is not the only time we know of or saw. Maci has repeatedly said that Larry and Jenn have been good to her and her kids at the same time as she says something insulting about them as parents of Ryan or that they are "selfish when it comes to Bentley." I'm not going to rewatch past episodes to find it though, I haven't watched the last three as it is.

I am glad I am not alone in my recollection of a mediation scene.  I knew I had watched something where Maci was getting her ass chewed out about visitation.  I also recall a scene where she was at Ryan's parents' home in the garage as she tried to get Ryan to commit to some kind of schedule. She was pretty bitchy at that time as she was with Kyle King and she was pushing him into the daddy role. 

You mentioned Ryan took her to court. I actually don't recall that scene, but I do know you are pretty good with recalling scenes from this show. I did some digging and I came up with an article about Ryan seeking full custody.  One article mentions him seeking custody after a major fight Maci was involved in with Kyle. I had forgotten about that story of the fight. It got so bad they were kicked out of the hotel they were at in Anaheim. Kyle reportedly called Maci "white trash" and a "whore": http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/65625347.html

This article mentions the same fight as well as Ryan seeking custody of Bentley (which never did happen): http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/02/15/maci-bookout-ryan-edwards-teen-mom-custody/

Oh yes, I remember that scene (now that you posted about it) where Maci was being extremely petty when she was dropping off Bentley at Ryan's new place. 

Edited by GreatKazu

As much as it pains me to admit this .... I am with Maci on this one.

She said (and I believe it) that Bentley is not comfortable there. I think he feels smothered. There's a fine line between doting grandmother and a grandma with an unhealthy attachment to her grandchild. Having personal experience with this, I totally get that. He's an 8 year old boy. He doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as his grandma. (And I certainly am not suggesting anything untoward - just I think she smothers him.)  I think too much of their lives depend on access to Bentley. It isn't as if they hardly see him, too.

• Love 6

Here's the thing, during Ryan's time,  Maci has no say in where Bentley spends his time or what Ryan does. That's what happens during cases like this. 

On my weekends, my two older kids spend most Friday nights with my parents.  This weekend,  they wanted to take them to the mountains.  Off they went.  I laughed in my ex's face when he said he thinks the kids should be with me 24/7 during my time. Never mind,  that I have them the majority of time.  

Yes, Ryan should have some kind of visitation order.  But Maci doesn't want one either.  She wouldn't have the control she has now over when Ryan/Jen/Larry can see him. She wouldn't have a storyline. 

Guess what? Splitting/rotating holidays is just a fact of life with blended families,  divorced parents, etc. 

I wasn't with my 1/2 siblings every Chrisrmas or Thanksgiving. Mom had one year, dad had the next, etc.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Court said:

Here's the thing, during Ryan's time,  Maci has no say in where Bentley spends his time or what Ryan does. That's what happens during cases like this. 

On my weekends, my two older kids spend most Friday nights with my parents.  This weekend,  they wanted to take them to the mountains.  Off they went.  I laughed in my ex's face when he said he thinks the kids should be with me 24/7 during my time. Never mind,  that I have them the majority of time.  

Yes, Ryan should have some kind of visitation order.  But Maci doesn't want one either.  She wouldn't have the control she has now over when Ryan/Jen/Larry can see him. She wouldn't have a storyline. 

Guess what? Splitting/rotating holidays is just a fact of life with blended families,  divorced parents, etc. 

I wasn't with my 1/2 siblings every Chrisrmas or Thanksgiving. Mom had one year, dad had the next, etc.  

I would agree with this except that Bentley's already expressed some reservations about going to Jenn and Larry's. He says he's bored (he probably is) and I think he wants a little independence.  I wonder if he's expressed that to him? I'm guessing not. That's hard for a kid that age (or any age, really) but I can totally believe Maci is not making that stuff up. I think if he's really uncomfortable there, everyone owes it to him to make him feel more comfortable and in a more normal situation - meaning a room at his dad's, for example.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maci is no mother of the year. She left a very young Jayde with Jen and Larry so she could go party in Vegas. She drank quite a bit while pregnant with maverick. I don't like to label anyone but I would guess one or both Maci and Taylor have a drinking problem. I'm all for a few cold beers or a mixed drink or two on the weekends or a glass of wine with dinner. But Taylor always has a beer in his hand. And maci is not much better. I mean they have two very young babies. Shouldn't someone be totally sober in case of an emergency. I never  drink when my kids are around. Maci doesn't seem very interested in maverick. I think. Maci wanted the white picket fence life with one man playing father to all her kids. She doesn't want to share Bentley and wants to immerse him in all things Taylor and his family. I don't think Taylor is all that smitten with maci or family life. Just my opinion

Edited by kira28
  • Love 2
On 5/8/2017 at 7:59 PM, DeeReynolds said:

I figured Butch wanted to stay sober and that's why he avoided April a year ago.  Now they're probably going to Boogietown together (again). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I figured Butch wanted to stay sober and that's why he avoided April a year ago.  Now they're probably going to Boogietown together (again). 

Every time I read or I post "Boogie Town", I think of that Eddie Kendricks song "Boogie Down" (1970s hit). 

3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I would agree with this except that Bentley's already expressed some reservations about going to Jenn and Larry's. He says he's bored (he probably is) and I think he wants a little independence.  I wonder if he's expressed that to him? I'm guessing not. That's hard for a kid that age (or any age, really) but I can totally believe Maci is not making that stuff up. I think if he's really uncomfortable there, everyone owes it to him to make him feel more comfortable and in a more normal situation - meaning a room at his dad's, for example.

I just expressed this same sentiment on another thread. Someone then responded how Maci could be, purposely or not, be planting seeds in Bentley's head. She is a married "honest woman" now and is proclaiming Taylor to be Bentley's dad. Have we heard Bentley complain about his grandparents? He may have, I just don't recall. I know Bentley doesn't seem enthusiastic to be around Ryan, but I don't think I have ever seen or heard Bentley give any indication that he is bothered or bored in their presence. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it could just be a function of Bentley getting older.

My child went through the same kind of thing with her grandmother so perhaps I'm looking at it through their eyes. And though she loved her grandparents and enjoyed (generally) spending time out there, as she got older and her grandmother started to get more "clingy" (perhaps sensing she was getting more mature and wanted a bit of independence),  she wasn't as comfortable.

I don't know. I think Maci generally has been pretty generous with time for them and when she's complained, it was usually because Ryan wasn't involved not so much that Larry and Jenn were.  I think the problems that Larry and Jenn have with respect to his resentment of how she's treated Ryan (to the detriment of their marriage) can easily translate over to Bentley. I think she probably over mothers and over grandmothers.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 8
On 5/4/2017 at 3:06 PM, Birdee said:

I wonder how it will affect their relationships with everyone they ever meet. When my mom breaks out the baby/childhood pictures to show my husband, I'm beyond mortified and usually close to tears. And he loves me. If she did that with complete strangers, I'd disown her. If that was broadcast on TV for the world to see? I'd have to become a hermit. I think they're going to spend a lot of time questioning people's motives once they realize just how easily their parents sold their privacy. 

I feel the same way, but frankly, by the time they grow up, there will be no privacy for anybody period.  We’ll all probably be microchipped by then.  I covet my privacy, but younger people these days don’t recognize its value.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, lampwick said:

I feel the same way, but frankly, by the time they grow up, there will be no privacy for anybody period.  We’ll all probably be microchipped by then.  I covet my privacy, but younger people these days don’t recognize its value.

Boy-child (while trying to get scaredy-cat mister & me to sign up for "ebates" b/c "THEY'LL HAVE OUR INFO!") said, "don't you get that the internet knows everything about us anyway?  it's like The Terminator!"

• Love 2

Haha.  That's exactly why I don't have ebates among all sorts of other alleged "free money" benefits!  Yes, the internet has our info, but I don't have to keep signing up for stuff until my identity gets stolen or my mailbox gets spammed unnecessarily.   The end is near, but I'm not going to contribute to my demise.  Also, I'm a cash person for the most part, but retailers still get mad at me when I won't give my email address/name/info after paying in cash.  It's really gotten out of hand.   Oh, and I don't need a smartphone because my landline works just fine.  

As for Bentley's privacy, I noticed younger people don't seem to  get too ashamed of anything these days.  Shame and dignity seem to be going out of style.  I hope self-respect sticks around for a little while longer.   Too bad independence faded a while ago (remember being proud to earn your own money and not need anything from your parents).  

Oh yeah, "Get Off my Lawn!"

• Love 5