Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

So there is no media thread?  I saw a podcast recently that floored me.  I have no idea if it can be discussed.

The discussion of it would go in this thread since it got reduced from a forum to this. We discuss all other sorts of media about her her so I don't see why a podcast would be any different.

• Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Something popped up on my I pad that Big Kev wants Wendy back?  Is that true?  

I'll put all my money on NOT TRUE! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5

Wendy Watchers,

Yellow lines around a post do denote the first new post for the reader. If you enter a thread and there are no new posts, the last one will have the yellow line. A pink/purple line appears around a post with a large number of reactions.

A few of these things have been modified in the last few weeks.  We are still kicking the tires on the new forum.  Please know that we are working on making it as user friendly in terms of usability, look and function.  If you have questions, please PM a Mod or check the site FAQs.

• Love 6

wow...…….so she gets to support the girlfriend too in a roundabout way....

kevin is a nervy louse to even ask for support, since he took all that money and spent it on that woman

she can pay for junior's education, she's got it, so that should be no problem for her

• Love 5

Unless she has some really great lawyers, Big Kelvin will get some sort of spousal support (and never actually marry his ho - because that would end the support). 

His whole "earning" potential is gone now because he only worked as Wendy's manager and EP for the show. 

Not that I agree with this dog of a man getting a dime of Wendy's money, but I think he will. 

Besides, Wendy's spouted many times about a celebrity paying his ex wife spousal support because they need to be "kept in the manner their used to", so turn about would be fair play in this case.

Like I said, unless the forensics can prove he's been using family money to pay for the ho all these years...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Destiny74 said:

Not that I agree with this dog of a man getting a dime of Wendy's money, but I think he will. 

Besides, Wendy's spouted many times about a celebrity paying his ex wife spousal support because they need to be "kept in the manner their used to", so turn about would be fair play in this case.

Wendy stayed with this POS husband for 18(?) years and was still damn proud to call him "her man" as recently as 5 months ago. She claims she's so well educated and a savvy business woman, so she should have taken precautions many years ago. I hate that Kelvin physically abused Wendy, but other than that, she's getting what she signed up for.

It's all going to come down to who has the best attorney.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wendy stayed with this POS husband for 18(?) years and was still damn proud to call him "her man" as recently as 5 months ago. She claims she's so well educated and a savvy business woman, so she should have taken precautions many years ago. I hate that Kelvin physically abused Wendy, but other than that, she's getting what she signed up for.

It's all going to come down to who has the best attorney.

You are absolutely right. 

• Love 2

I'm confused as to how Kevin (Kelvin?) can ask for child support as their son is 18 and in college.  I'd get it if he were still in high school and he needed the support until he graduated but Kevin Jr is a college freshman and legally an adult.  Is it just a bargaining ploy so that he can say that he'll forego the child support as long as he gets the spousal support?

15 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm confused as to how Kevin (Kelvin?) can ask for child support as their son is 18 and in college.  I'd get it if he were still in high school and he needed the support until he graduated but Kevin Jr is a college freshman and legally an adult.  Is it just a bargaining ploy so that he can say that he'll forego the child support as long as he gets the spousal support?

Does child support automatically terminate when the child reaches 18?

In New Jersey, effective Feb. 1, 2017 N.J.S.A. 2A:17-56.67 et seq. establishes 19 as the age when a child support and or medical support obligation will end through probation. The law allows for child and or medical support to continue up to age 23 through probation for cases in which the dependent is in high school, attending full-time college, vocational or graduate school, is disabled if the parties reach a separate agreement, or if continued support through probation was granted by the court. However, child support, except for arrearages, cannot be collected through probation beyond the child’s 23rd birthday. Parties that want current child support to be collected beyond the 23rd birthday must file with the court for other financial maintenance or reimbursement.

• Useful 1

If Little Kevin is still living with Wendy then why would Big Kev need child support? If he’s enrolled in college then they should both have to pay. This must be a hard choice for their son. Who to live with? Dad and his new sibling or his Mom with mental issues? Poor kid. He will probably be in the news soon for acting out. 

• Love 3

Why don't Wendy and Kelvin pay for an apartment for Kevin while he's in college? They can afford it and that way the kid wouldn't have to be subjected to his parents divorce b.s.

• Love 5

Big Kev is trying to get as much money as he can from Wendy.  According to numerous gossip sites he's been sealing from Wendy as well.  There are rumors that he'd been stealing her jewelry over the years and she's hired a forensic accountant to go over the books so there is a chance that he will have that money subtracted in his settlement however much money it is.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Ms.Moon said:

Big Kev is trying to get as much money as he can from Wendy.  According to numerous gossip sites he's been sealing from Wendy as well.  There are rumors that he'd been stealing her jewelry over the years and she's hired a forensic accountant to go over the books so there is a chance that he will have that money subtracted in his settlement however much money it is.  

My ex stole a lot of my stuff. I feel badly for WW about that. Imagine going to the grocery store and seeing your custom made earrings in the cashiers ears...the one he always used to flirt with. I think my jaw literally dropped.

Up thread someone said it will come down to the best lawyer. It will, but I hope that a forensic accountant can shed a light on where there money has gone. As in how much to the Morristown house and Sharina’s lifestyle and upkeep. I’m sure the records are going to be closed and Wendy never spills on what’s happening in her own life so we may never know the truth. I just hope that they never put their son in the middle (on the witness stand) of this nasty business.  

I’m not sure how I’m seeing her. Yesterday I was torn between thinking she was arrogant or angry. I may post again after watching today. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

My ex stole a lot of my stuff. I feel badly for WW about that. Imagine going to the grocery store and seeing your custom made earrings in the cashiers ears...the one he always used to flirt with. I think my jaw literally dropped.

Up thread someone said it will come down to the best lawyer. It will, but I hope that a forensic accountant can shed a light on where there money has gone. As in how much to the Morristown house and Sharina’s lifestyle and upkeep. I’m sure the records are going to be closed and Wendy never spills on what’s happening in her own life so we may never know the truth. I just hope that they never put their son in the middle (on the witness stand) of this nasty business.  

I’m not sure how I’m seeing her. Yesterday I was torn between thinking she was arrogant or angry. I may post again after watching today. 

I don't know how to feel for Wendy because I  remember how she used to revel in people's misery.  She used to always trash men who sought spousal support from their wives and used to criticize the wives for not protecting themselves from their husbands. She used to shade Mary J Blige and Sherry Shepherd and now she is in their position.  Plus, she used to always act like her husband was the best husband in the world. She used to constantly put women down who do not wish to be married, I used to think that she was implying that they must be lesbians because they are not defined by having a man in their lives. Wendy is obsessed with LGBT people for the wrong reasons. She looks down on them and would never say it out loud due to her industry.  Wendy is all about the appearances and not living an authentic life.  She also has these antiquated views on men/women relationships that would come out of my grandmother's mouth. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14

19EABCC2-6E20-4736-87F3-198C26185C1D.jpeg.89818114eaef30e9cac5405c630c901f.jpeg

Well I watched. Personally I found a lot of it boring. I’m sick of the Brittany Spears stuff and even the audience lost interest in a story she was going on and on about (ha, I didn’t even know who she was chatting about). 

Her favorite from the Met Gala was Katy Perry. It was Camp, but I would have thought it better suited to the singer of chandelier...Sia, but she didn’t attend. When she was on with her fellow fashion people she interrupted a lot. That’s annoying. 

Frankly now looking back I don’t even know why I bothered to check it out. I guess I just like all of you here to much to quit completely. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wendy is obsessed with LGBT people for the wrong reasons. She looks down on them and would never say it out loud due to her industry.  

Reminds me of this: On today’s show she stated she thought that RuPaul ought to have come dressed in drag. 

• Love 3

Of course he's asking for spousal support. No shocker there. 

And yep, Wendy definitely didn't practice what she preached. Seems she let him handle all the finances, how else could he get away with buying another house, condo, cars, jewelry for his gf? He's probably been siphoning money for years into secret bank accounts in his name only. Wouldn't doubt that he was stealing jewelry too. 

Yeah, he might be a dog but she only has herself to blame for trusting that dog. She probably didn't want to be bothered with finances since she had her big strong man to do it for her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I popped in today and agree it is a total snooze. Wendy was rude to the fashion panel gal, asking if she had a date to the Met Gala. She didn't and was obviously embarrased, but Wendy kept on it. Wendy, you are not a lesser person if you go places without a date. 

Also in talking about some custoday case, Wendy said the mother had sole custody and started to go on about what does that say about the father blah blah. Normal interrupts to inform Wendy that they actually have shared custody. Wendy blathers on some more and her big advice to the father at the end is, he should handle the matter legally. Um, he did Wendy, Normal JUST TOLD YOU! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't know how to feel for Wendy because I  remember how she used to revel in people's misery.  She used to always trash men who sought spousal support from their wives and used to criticize the wives for not protecting themselves from their husbands. She used to shade Mary J Blige and Sherry Shepherd and now she is in their position.  Plus, she used to always act like her husband was the best husband in the world. She used to constantly put women down who do not wish to be married, I used to think that she was implying that they must be lesbians because they are not defined by having a man in their lives. Wendy is obsessed with LGBT people for the wrong reasons. She looks down on them and would never say it out loud due to her industry.  Wendy is all about the appearances and not living an authentic life.  She also has these antiquated views on men/women relationships that would come out of my grandmother's mouth. 

^^^THAT deserves a standing ovation! 

As far as the jewelry goes, it's probably costing Wendy more to pay a forensic accountant than it would be to go out and buy new jewelry. 

And how much expensive jewelry  did she own that she NEVER noticed any of it missing until now? The first time she heard about Kelvin having an affair should have been the day she started taking inventory. Wendy and Kelvin appear to be engaging in a pissing match.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I popped in today and agree it is a total snooze. Wendy was rude to the fashion panel gal, asking if she had a date to the Met Gala. She didn't and was obviously embarrased, but Wendy kept on it. Wendy, you are not a lesser person if you go places without a date. 

Well, Wendy is about to be a single woman who is not very attractive. Good luck Wendy, you will need it.  She seems to always dog single women like they are inferior to women with partners. Has she ever thought that some women have had traumatic experiences and do not wish to be in a long-term relationship for a time period. What a superficial insipid woman! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

19EABCC2-6E20-4736-87F3-198C26185C1D.jpeg.89818114eaef30e9cac5405c630c901f.jpeg

Well I watched. Personally I found a lot of it boring. I’m sick of the Brittany Spears stuff and even the audience lost interest in a story she was going on and on about (ha, I didn’t even know who she was chatting about). 

Her favorite from the Met Gala was Katy Perry. It was Camp, but I would have thought it better suited to the singer of chandelier...Sia, but she didn’t attend. When she was on with her fellow fashion people she interrupted a lot. That’s annoying. 

Frankly now looking back I don’t even know why I bothered to check it out. I guess I just like all of you here to much to quit completely. 

Wendy had the theme wrong - it was “Camp” not  ”kitch”. She got it wrong twice and didn’t seem to know it was camp.  How could she be a valid judge when she didn’t know the theme?

I like coming here to be with you guys.  I depend upon you to tell me about the rest of the show.  I only watch cold topics.  Most of it is about housewives, reality Black family shows and Kardashian’s.  I think they all pay for her to talk about them.

Oh, and the nerve of Wendy to think that Miss Diana Ross does anything to be talked about on Wendy’s show.  Delusional about her importance in the world.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

So, so true.  I watch for about five minutes, and I see a liar, obnoxious, and judgmental woman.  She knocks practically everyone on hot topics, when she is the ultimate hot topic.  Then the “ Ask Wendy” segment.  She’s the last person to give advice.  Her whole show is a farce now.  I wonder what the ratings are.  Anyone know?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Well, Wendy is about to be a single woman who is not very attractive. Good luck Wendy, you will need it.

"Not very attractive" is an understatement!  Wendy is like a piece of furniture from IKEA: Some Assembly Is Required! 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I wonder what the ratings are.  Anyone know?

I've been curious about that too. However, I don't CARE enough to research it. I think we already know.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

"Not very attractive" is an understatement!  Wendy is like a piece of furniture from IKEA: Some Assembly Is Required! 😁

black cat sabrina GIF

• LOL 3
On 5/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I wonder which of them is going to ask for custody of the dog...if either of them still have him. 

Haven't heard about the dog in a looooooooong time.

The son is in college.  Wendy should pay for his college and keep up his living.  That's fair.  I like how the son is on her side.

That piece of crap has no children with Wendy anymore as the son is almost 19.  They should split the assets and be done with it.  I can't see anyone giving him support.  We may see that he now is "handicapped" and limping around town....................

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Haven't heard about the dog in a looooooooong time.

The son is in college.  Wendy should pay for his college and keep up his living.  That's fair.  I like how the son is on her side.

That piece of crap has no children with Wendy anymore as the son is almost 19.  They should split the assets and be done with it.  I can't see anyone giving him support.  We may see that he now is "handicapped" and limping around town....................

Actually her son has not officially taken a side.  Wendy announced that Kevin would live with her.  Doesn’t mean it is true.  Public relations stuff statement perhaps.  A lot of kids don’t take sides.  He may stay in his college town in an apartment.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I've been curious about that too. However, I don't CARE enough to research it. I think we already know.

In the household rating rankings that follow, % change is from the previous week; * indicates a new season-high rating; ** indicates a new season low; NC indicates no change from the previous week; NA mean not applicable.

TALK SHOWS

Dr. Phil (CTD) 2.7 -4%

Brand Connections

Advertisement

Live with Kelly and Ryan (Disney-ABC) 2.3 +5%

Ellen DeGeneres (WBDTD) 1.9 NC

Wendy Williams (Debmar-Mercury) 1.5 +7%

Maury (NBCU) 1.3 NC

Steve (NBCU) 1.2 NC

Steve Wilkos (NBCU) 1.1 NC

8. Rachael Ray (CTD) 1.0 NC

Dr. Oz (Sony) 1.0 NC

The Real (WBDTD) 0.7 NC

The Doctors (CTD) 0.6 +20%

Pickler & Ben (Disney-ABC) 0.4 NC

Jerry Springer (NBCU) 0.4 NC

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

In the household rating rankings that follow, % change is from the previous week

Is the % change an increase or decrease in viewers? And I don't quite understand Wendy's ratings: 1.5 + 7% . (My apologies for my low IQ  in math!) Does that indicate a 8.5% increase in viewers last week?

She wins the Hypocrite Award for 2019 when she says today that she LOVES Meghan Markle and wishes the royal parents well.  This is the same fool who was badmouthing MM a few months ago for being a gold digging divorce from Crenshaw, who had fooled a younger prince into marrying her.  She also said that the royals would probably have MM killed before long.   Wendy made another mistake - said that Meghan and Harry had the "first prince in the family".  What about older brother William's two sons? 

She went on to bash Meghan's family for badmouthing her in the press.  What does Wendy think she was doing all those months ago during Hot Topics, ragging on MM like a viper.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, patty1h said:

She wins the Hypocrite Award for 2019 when she says today that she LOVES Meghan Markle and wishes the royal parents well. 

Are you serious? Wendy knows that video of her shows exist right? Like you said, Wendy didn't just pull her whole "whatever, I don't care" with regard to Meghan, she went IN about her for months. And now she loves her? I guess this is what happens when you go back on the drugs. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I left out the best part of the Meghan Markle love fest today.  She decided to end her kiss-up spiel by saying that she thinks that MM "still has something up her sleeve!" with a big, evil smile on her face.  She called the baby "Jerome" and wondered what color the infant is/will change to.  A bit of the old stink Wendy came out.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

To be fair, a lot of people are going to wonder what color the Sussex baby will be.  The baby will stand out no matter what.  Wendy's hatred of Megan Markle is odd, but, Wendy seems to hate certain women of color for no apparent reason. I try to figure out why and I have no clue. I really did not like how she diminished Zendaya as just another pretty face with no talent.  Zendaya has more class, talent, intelligence and self-awareness than Wendy will ever have.  Wendy is just an awful person and she will never change. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Is the % change an increase or decrease in viewers? And I don't quite understand Wendy's ratings: 1.5 + 7% . (My apologies for my low IQ  in math!) Does that indicate a 8.5% increase in viewers last week?

No.  The 1.5 is a number indicating viewership.  It's a complicated formula that is too math-y to bother with imo.

From Reddit, 3 yrs ago: "1.5 to 1.9 – Your show is at risk of getting cancelled, but could survive. Fox's sitcoms (Last Man on Earth, Brooklyn-99, New Girl) usually fall in this range, as do a lot of network dramas like Agents of SHIELD, Law & Order: SVU, and many of CBS's shows like Person of Interest and Elementary, which are considered successful because they also have a large amount of overall viewers."

So her show came in with a 1.5, but up 7%.  She is no doubt getting a ratings bounce due to all her back channel mess.  It'll take a bit for everything to settle into normalcy, if that's possible for WW.

TelevisionRatings

How-do-you-convert-a-Nielsen-rating-into-the-number-of-viewers

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

So while I'm on a WW rant (don't often watch), you simply must watch today's interview with E.L. James (author of 50 Shades Of Grey).  It was Wendy at her classic worst.  I was embarrassed for Ms. James, and at the same time, wondered why in hell her agent booked her for this dumpster fire.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So while I'm on a WW rant (don't often watch), you simply must watch today's interview with E.L. James (author of 50 Shades Of Grey).  It was Wendy at her classic worst.  I was embarrassed for Ms. James, and at the same time, wondered why in hell her agent booked her for this dumpster fire.

Ok. For that reason alone I will watch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Now I'm worried that I oversold it, lol.

Nah, don’t be. Have had some bad news this am so it will help me to have something to snark on. 

• Love 1
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sorry to hear that.  Hope things right themselves soon.

Sorry to say that my friend called this am (the one I went to NOLA to visit) and she had to make the decision to take her Dad off life support and place him on Hospice care. So basically it won’t get better for her, but I will be a loyal friend and even fly back down there if she needs me. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sorry to say that my friend called this am (the one I went to NOLA to visit) and she had to make the decision to take her Dad off life support and place him on Hospice care. So basically it won’t get better for her, but I will be a loyal friend and even fly back down there if she needs me. 

Ah, that's rough.  Best to them~

• Love 1

Wendy was very enthusiastic today.  When she first began the story and was talking about all the tall ball players I began to think “Oh no”. I think she is too old for what ballers want. Lucky for me it headed in a different direction. She went out and shared it with us. Tee hee, I think her nephew Travis had just as good of a time with all the eye candy at that Mediterranean restaurant. You know she enjoyed meeting Papers and the attention. Lol...she fancies going back again next week. She described herself well “I’m 54 going on 14”. I got a bit disturbed when she didn’t know who he was yet and mentioned that she was out without security. That he might go after her wig. That comes from mental scars or PTSD of Big Kev. 

Reguarding the Kim K story re: rib removal. She’s old enough to remember that Cher was accused of that back in the day. So much for that research she said she did on the subject. That small of a waist looks unnatural. I’m ok with her comments about Spanx, that she doesn’t need them, but she is looking thinner and boobier. That too, is an unnatural look. I’m always scared she’s going to topple forward and burst them. She has the unnatural proportions of Barbie. 

Poor E.L. James. She looked a bit embarrassed about some of the questions, but eventually rolled with it like a good sport. I wonder that she’d ever do the show again. During the interview I got a chuckle out of W saying “I’m a wanted woman.” I really think seeing Papers last night gave her an adrenaline high and you know it is memorable if she discusses her private life on her show. After all the silence on what went on with Big Kev. In a way it’s a good thing. She might actually try to do her job and get fresh dirt for us instead of sulking and giving us stale stories. 

I have no idea why she burps so much on screen, but if I was her I’d stop drinking the tea during HT. I think she swallows air with it when she’s talking so fast and trying to sip at the same time causing the burps. 

Well thanks @SuprSuprElevated  It did distract me for a hour. 

• Love 5