Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E08: There's A New Sheriff In Town (Double Episode)

• Start Topic

So two people volunteer to sit out of the merge feast, and it's Brad and Tai.  I wish they'd all be selfish, not sit out, and fight over a small plate of crackers and ice tea.

I actually agree with Zeke about Brad trying to make himself look good by offering to sit out. 

Big moves Sierra has her guns blazing and is ready to make moves.  She mentions her legacy advantage, which she doesn't want to use tonight (the first time she can use it).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6

Here we go! Ugh, I don't want to see previews.

That was a nice beginning.  Funny if they do a season 5 fake-out. The tribes move to one location and everyone thinks they're merged, but they still compete as two tribes. Nice shot of USS Exile. "See me..." oops, commercial!

Ha ha, Jeff! Individual cracker and a swig of iced tea. Wow, Troyzan looks wrecked. He should sport man-braids like Ozzy.  Brad has big ears. Oh come on, guys, Exile can't be any worse than what you've already done. You're just going away for a day, not to prison.  Andrea looks like Julianne on Dancing with the Stars. Yummy, flies crawling on the food!

Sierra: legacy or not to legacy? That is the question. So Brad is the new Caleb. Leave Hali and Michaela alone, Brad!! They're off-limits! I didn't know Debbie was a professional dancer - ever since she was three. On, please, what a view, poor Tai! She was on Dancing with the Stars and even won! The Mirror Ball trophy is her luxury item. Jeff might use it for an immunity idol. And her moves were just an audition for a role on the next Bridesmaids or maybe Bad Girls.

• Love 6

WHY IS THE BACKGROUND MUSIC THIS EPISODE SO FRICKING LOUD??? It's like they are talking in a noisy bar with bad music.  We don't NEED all that music, CBS?  I'd rather hear the contestants TALK without the annoying sound effects.  The music is actually taking away from the COMMENTS.  Less is more, CBS.  

It hasn't been this CONSTANT and ANNOYING until this week.  Who is the director???  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 10

She wasn't just on Dancing with the Stars, she invented ballroom dancing.

Also, we're getting a lot of Debbie tonight.  Hope it's foreshadowing.  Of course stupid Brad wants to get out Hali and Michaela.

Speaking of music, I miss the old school Survivor music.  I miss everything old school Survivor.  

So it looks like it's all old Nuku, so Mana people, and Hali and Michaela on the outs.  Brad wants Michaela out first.  They are pushing her, which makes me think that's a red herring.

Oh shut up Sierra.  Michaela's supposed to stay away while you strategize at voting her off?  Of course you want it to be a blindside, then you can say you made a big move!  Brad wants Michaela out, you're just following the real move makers orders.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11

I wasn’t especially surprised that Tai volunteered to sit out the feast after Culpepper volunteered.  But what was that I spied after Cirie pointed out who got brownie points for volunteering to go?  Debbie hugging Culpepper???  What next?  Cats and dogs living in perfect harmony?

I was curious to know if Zeke was going to tell the rest of the remaining survivors about what happened at the last tribal council, and I’m glad he was the one who did it rather than someone else.

Edited by wallflower75
because I goofed up
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Every time Sierra speaks, I can't help thinking, "why are you here again?"

Agreed.  I think "they could have had (fill in about 100 different female Survivors)" and they pick her?  Her voice annoys me.  I wish she'd stay invisible.  She's laughable at playing this game.  It kills me that she got the legacy advantage.  

Yay to Hali for staying close to Michaela and wanting to work with her.  If King Brad and his followers control this merge it's going to be a very boring, horrible season.  Come on Cirie, turn the tide.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

I hate this challenge.  This was the one Joe lost when he got bounced during WA.  That said, this challenge really benefits tall people.

So nervous, because if Michaela wins, I'm afraid Hali will be the target.  We see Brad's alliance dominating, so I'm hoping something is going on and we get an actual blindside tonight.

As soon as Jeff said "a woman's never won this challenge", I knew a woman was winning.  Also, this isn't what Survivor is about Probst.  This is what luck is about.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

I swear only on Survivor can someone say "the chicken has to get off the roof" and mean that literally.

I have never wanted anything more in my life than for Michaela to win immunity 1. to foil Brad's plans and 2. to make Sierra STOP TALKING.

That was a bummer that Michaela lost but at least Brad did too.

Zeke I totally am down with your thoughts about Brad.  Brad sucks.

Troyzan is much more diplomatic than I am because when Jeff revealed the individual immunity idol I said that is a janky ass looking thing.

• Love 16

So that's all Brad and Tai had to do was sit on a log? Cruel and unusual punishment! OK, Zeke's telling his story. So Aubry is sporting a flapper look, feathers in the headband. She can dance the Charleston with Debbie. It's a dude-fest alliance, Brad, Troyzan, Ozzie. Figures.  OK, guys, follow Keith's example and "stick to the plan!" I hope Michaela wins immunity. Funny, chicken lays an egg on the roof. Guess that one's a hen. Maybe that's symbolic - an egg will be laid on the big plan to vote out Michaela.

I like the Cirie and Michaela alliance. Hope it lasts for more than an episode. Oh no, one of these endurance challenges. I don't know if I can stand the excitement. Oh Hali . . . darn. I think a foot cramp would be excruciating in this challenge. Go Michaela! Oh, rats! I can't tell if this is height-adjusted. It seems like it would be for fairness. Jeff is just an albatross, whoever he comments on is the next to drop. Brad has the striped shorts power going! Not for long. Ha, Andrea wins immunity! Good for her!

• Love 4

There's way too much on Michaela going.  I'm guessing someone else slips up, or someone flips from Brad's group to a counter alliance.

Of course they aren't leaving much time for TC, so maybe it will be her and they were just giving her a big send off.

I'd love for it to be Sierra and her damn legacy advantage, since they would need to show her so everyone would remember who the girl with the eyebrows getting her torched snuffed is.

Sierra thinks she's in charge?  Hahahahahaha.

Here's the Cirie I've been waiting for!  Just not Hali, Cirie!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Question: do we post for the next episode in this thread, too? The title says only Episode 7, but I don't see a thread for Episode 8. I'd rather just post here for both.

It's a double episode, with only one title.  I guess it's the same thread.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I can't...like girl, what?

I wonder what she thinks now, watching back and seeing she's being played by Brad.  She's doing Brad's dirty work for him.  Hopefully this will be her stupid big move breakout and then she goes away into the shadows again.

Yeah, Sierra has no social skills.  She's always struck me as a mean girl type, very cliquish.

Well, looks like it's definitely Michaela or Hali :(

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

So is Sierra the most annoying person in Survivor right now, or is she the most annoying person in history?

Both.  Why can't she get blindsided tonight?  She's worthless.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 13

I feel like I'm watching Survivor with the world's worst elevator music on in the background.  DEAR GOD, please let Part 2 be directed by someone who thinks it's OK to have PEOPLE TALK WITHOUT THE INCESSANT BONGOS, FLUTE AND OMINOUS TROMBONE MUSIC. 

Literally not.one.second without that awful music.  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 7

Anyone think all this idol talk is going to make Tai think they are talking about him, and play it?

Hali's awesome!  Way to go out girl!  Assuming you are going out, that is.

And then Jeff has to ruin the moment by talking to the not awesome Sierra.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

God I hate these people.  I wish they'd starved at the merge.  I hope bugs crawled in their ears.  I hope they try and flip when they don't have the numbers.  I hope Brad wins this game and everyone realizes how wrong they were not to get rid of him.

So long Princess Hali.  Set the tone at Ponderosa as first juror and show no mercy.  Hopefully you can come back in a season where people actually want to play, and not just let one person call the shots.

They are idiots.  I love how she called them herds of goats.  Never has an expression been better suited than this season.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 16

I've never really liked Hali but her blowing up Tribal when she gets the opportunity sure is amusing.

Except when it gets Malcolm bounced, of course.  So bye.  I wish you could have taken Sierra with you.

Can someone please explain why Cirie voted for Michaela?  I don't get the thought process?

• Love 7

I don't know what Cirie was talking about when she said voting for Michaela would save her. Huh?

Ugh, why didn't they join up and vote out Eyebrows?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I wonder why Cirie wants to vote for Hali instead of trying to get her into an alliance. Why is everyone deferring to Sierra? This is going to be an interesting tribal. Tai must be chuckling to himself with two idols in his pockets. Shoot, I'm sure it's going to be Michaela or Hali. I wish there'd be a blindside. Now why did Cirie vote for Michaela?

Oh no! At least she's on jury. And at least Michaela stays another day. Great, Jeff, using the word "resume".  Tired of these pet words like "resume," "evolution/evolving" and "metamorphosis" becoming a new one.

• Love 3
Just now, mojoween said:

Cirie if you let the dragon loose and Coach comes out I will be furious with you.

*dies laughing*  But I totally agree.  You never know with all the rest of the crap going on in this season what might happen next.

I usually hate Zeke's style of game play, but maybe I was wrong-I think he does finally get it.

Okay, he's turning back to wanting to vote Cirie or Andrea out and not thinking a pair like Brad/Sierra are threatening (probably because he knows they won't win).

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I feel like I'm watching Survivor with the world's worst elevator music on in the background.  DEAR GOD, please let Part 2 be directed by someone who thinks it's OK to have PEOPLE TALK WITHOUT THE INCESSANT BONGOS, FLUTE AND OMINOUS TROMBONE MUSIC. 

Literally not.one.second without that awful music.  

I was waiting for Dance Macbre to start playing. 

• Love 2

Don't fuck this up, Zeke.  Don't do it!

(Just to clarify, I mean don't jack the plan to vote Sierra or Brad...please rid us of Sierra!!)

Edited by lyric
  • Love 4

I guess Andrea has first pick since Ozzy is on her team.

Holy crap, Ozzy is struggling in a water challenge?!

I didn't want the red team to win because of who was on it.  Yeah, I'm petty, but I hate Sierra and Brad that much.  Yay team blue!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

This season is like Big Brother.  They all discuss who to vote for and everybody goes along with it.  Why can't you guys just vote for the person you want to go.

P.S. I hate Sierra.  I want to pull her hair

• Love 14

Kinda hate how not invested I am. I would not be able to pick Hali out of a lineup.

Heckuva comeback by Blue. Tai and some girl (see above) almost blew it. Zele and Debbie pulled it out.

Jury is starting to take shape . . . is this the second or third time Varner missed out on that?

ETA: Don't need to think about Tai's bits and pieces. He's cute . . . but no.

• Love 5

Sierra forgets every time how hard this game is?  This is only her second time playing.  

I'd take a spa reward over food any day.

Jury is starting to take shape . . . is this the second or third time Varner missed out on that?

Third.  And the second time he missed by one vote.

I feel like Ozzy is going to look like Troyzan in 20 years.

Damn, everyone is getting so much airtime.  Except Brad and Sarah.

Zeke, open your eyes.  Brad/Sierra are tight too.  His whole alliance is tight, and apparently they are leaving you out!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

These people seem to be getting a lot to eat.  Do contestants even lose weight anymore?  I haven't even heard anyone mention rice.

They've had chicken, goat, eggs, challenge food rewards (granted not all of them), fish and whatever fruit and coconuts that they could forage. 

• Love 2

Well, go, Cirie! Nice to meet you finally! May your plans prosper. Wow, so many different conspiracies, this is fun!

I wonder who the last picks were on each team.  Too bad orange didn't win. I wish they'd shown more of Cirie in this season - I like her. Ozzie, it's
"chaise longue", not "chaise lounge." Debbie is rubbing off on Troy. Tai, streaking was in the 70s. There was a streaker at my brother's high school graduation in 1974. Ok Mr. Metaphor, gather your snipers for the imminent war.

• Love 5