Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E08: There's A New Sheriff In Town (Double Episode)

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Hahahaha I thought Marshalls was the name of the spa or the island they were going to and I could not figure out why they kept mentioning Marshalls.  Then I saw the logo and figured out that they were name-dropping.  Gotta keep that sponsor money flowing!

Zeke, I remember now why you irritate me. Can you just settle down for like two seconds?

I thought the same thing. lol. They must need those advertising dollars.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

This challenge just isn't the same without beautiful Yul telling stories about why elephants cannot climb trees.

And then saying this is why he never gets a date.

Hali and Sierra were two of the most polarizing contestants to come back this season.  It'd be pretty funny if they both went in the same ep.

• Love 5

Ozzy, don't get overconfident about the fishing.  This is new school Survivor.  They know the show will feed them, they don't need your fish.

I'd clearly have to do this challenge, but wouldn't it be easier to just wrap your legs around the pole?

Hmm, so it's between Brad/Sierra/Cirie/Andrea I'm guessing.  Could be Zeke overplayed again and they get rid of him for being a flip flopper.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BryroseA said:

Does anyone know why this is a double episode? Like, I like watching Survivor, but...why am I still watching Survivor?

They usually do a double episode a season (besides the finale), but this season started later.  I wouldn't be surprised if we get another one, just so it can finish by May 24th.  Either that, or a double boot in a 1 hour episode.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
Just now, BryroseA said:

Does anyone know why this is a double episode? Like, I like watching Survivor, but...why am I still watching Survivor?

Seems like they've been doing this double-episode thing for the past few seasons.  I figure it happened this time because of how late a start they got.  And I was sitting here thinking the same thing.

• Love 4
Just now, wallflower75 said:

Seems like they've been doing this double-episode thing for the past few seasons.  I figure it happened this time because of how late a start they got.  And I was sitting here thinking the same thing.

They got this late start because CBS wanted to force Hunted on the viewers.  A show that next to no one liked.  Because of this, the season started a few weeks later than usual.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Zeke is totally overplaying.  Funny, Zeke is actually telling the truth to people, and no one believes him.

That's because he's been overplaying.

• Love 12

Oh damn, not Ozzy!  Damn you Debbie and Sierra.  You both shouldn't have been brought back anyway.  And damn you Zeke!

Does Sierra remember how she played during WA?  Or rather, didn't play?  And she wonders why people think she's an idiot.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 18

Zeke should go.  Preferably Debbie, Sierra, or Brad.  But Zeke blew his game up.  He just doesn't know it yet.

I love Princess Hali not being all smiles at the idiots that voted her out.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Zeke should go.  Preferably Debbie, Sierra, or Brad.  But Zeke blew his game up.  He just doesn't know it yet.

It hasn't come on here yet so I am just reading, how did he blow up his game?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

It hasn't come on here yet so I am just reading, how did he blow up his game?  

Cirie/Andrea took him into his confidence that they wanted to get rid of power players like Brad, and his minion Sierra.  Instead, he thinks Cirie/Andrea are a bigger threat and told Tai/Debbie (who don't believe him or trust him).  Then he told Sierra they wanted her out (and again, she doesn't trust him or believe him).  Sierra went back and told Cirie.  However, the other side is blindsiding Ozzy, so we'll see how it goes, but I think Zeke is on borrowed time.  They don't trust him, and he doesn't seem to be in on anything.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snapdragon12 said:

Oh no!! Debbie using her vote. Aaaahhh I really don't want Ozzy to go.

Of course she'll be the one that it'll actually work for.  

Who the hell voted for Aubry and Sierra?

Yeah, Zeke totally didn't see that coming.  He's a goner.

Can Debbie and her ugly mug go next?  Along with Sierra?

This episode has left me so bitter.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Of course she'll be the one that it'll actually work for.  

Who the hell voted for Aubry and Sierra?

Yeah, Zeke totally didn't see that coming.  He's a goner.

I'm guessing Cirie voted for Aubrey and Zeke for Sierra.

Edited by snapdragon12

So it was Marshall's, as in the store? So the Egyptian cotton towels were from the clearance shelves?

So I hope this is not another endurance challenge. They are so boring. Yes, it is. I'll have to pick up my book and read (I Is for Innocent). I feel like endurance challenges are so low-budget.  From a distance they look like a bunch of monkeys. Oops, there goes Cirie! There goes Culpeper.  Debbie's sliding down the pole is a fake-out, you know - oh, she's out! But she took herself out because she doesn't want others to perceive her as a challenge beast. You know, she can do that challenge holding on only with her feet, not using her hands at all. (Go Michaela!)

Ozzie talks like a bad actor reading a cue card. "I have every intention of breaking my record."  He declaims to the world. Ozzie too has moved, he was squatting before and now he's standing. Hey, when did Michaela go down? I missed that. Jeff, don't read my posts! I said they were monkeys before you did!  Ha! Tai wins! Immunity necklace and two idols! Then he calls Ozzie the queen.

I guess tribal will be interesting since there's 20 minutes left. I guess there has to be some scheming first. This Ozzy thing is like a game of telephone. Zeke, what in the world are you trying to say? Oh, oh, Tai is proclaiming the death sentence on Zeke by praising his strategy skills. Debbie says she's Air Force Auxiliary, but we know it was really super secret agent for Special Forces. Only the spymaster at the CIA knows she's a secret agent. She was the one who found Osama bin Laden's secret hideout. And she's going to play her extra vote! Go super secret agent Debbie! She was planted on this season because another castaway is an enemy spy for Putin who wants to do Survivor Siberia without paying for licensing and copyrights. Who voted for Aubry?? (Oh it was Cirie)

Holy cow, it's Ozzy! No fish for dinner tonight!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 7

And once again, Debbie makes me laugh--she made real sacrifices for that advantage.  Ha!

So...will the extra vote advantage finally pay off?....

Yup.  But Ozzy, really?  Hali may have been giving them the Death Look from her side of the fire, but at least when she left she wasn't that bitter.

• Love 1

First vote: I was sorry to see Hali go. It was strange because she said she was going to try to work with Michaela but other than that little whispered conversation we didn’t really see anything. I was hoping the two of them would band together with Cirie and vote out Sierra and her stupid eyebrows.

Second vote: Wow I thought Ozzy had Debbie wrapped around his finger but good for her for playing her advantage like that. Even if she “gave up the basic necessities of life” to gain it.

Zeke better be careful because he is already in overplaying mode.

• Love 6

And the King is dethroned! Again! Ozzy is good, but he probably should have packed it in after losing to Yul.

Debbie did not pull a Dan Foley. I know, she's a lot to take, but she doesn't suck that hard. And now I want her to make it to Day 39 just so we can see how far she would push the Exile-as-hell story.

• Love 9

"Good luck eating!" Ha! Ozzy...douchey to the very end. Sometimes I forget he's only hot until he opens his mouth.

Can someone explain to me how Cirie voting for Michaela somehow saved her? I was really confused by that whole sequence.

Are we done with the damn twists now? Please?

• Love 16
23 hours ago, snapdragon12 said:

Aaaahhh I really don't want Ozzy to go.

Gosh, I do, and I'm glad he did.  Honestly, I've never gotten the fan worship for him.  Yeah, he fishes.  Yeah, he swims.  Yeah, he is a beast at physical challenges.  Take that all away, though, and what's left there?  Personality-wise, he's bland on a good day and absolutely cocky, arrogant, rude, nasty, conceited, entitled, and just plain unpleasant on a bad day.  AFAIC, there's no "there" there with him other than his physical and provider qualities.  He's no strategic or social player, and he's proven it again and again and again.

So I'm not at all saddened to lose him.  Later, Ozzy.

If it's any consolation to what fans he does have, though . . . you can take solace in him being the first and (so far) only four-time player to make the merge all four times.  Rupert, Rob, and Cirie only got there three of the four times they played.

But luckily for me, it's his second season not winning an individual Immunity Challenge, the first being Micronesia.  He won several in Cook Islands, and he only won one really late in the game in South Pacific.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 13

Man, that was a weird way to use an extra vote, don't you think? I mean, its Debbie, so logic not so much, but wouldn't you save it for a situation where you might be in danger?

Edited by BryroseA
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, BryroseA said:

Man, that was a weird way to use an extra vote, don't you think? I mean, its Debbie, so logic not so much, but wouldn't you save it for a situation where you might be in danger?

Heh, I hadn't thought of that.  Maybe this will have been a misuse of a vote.  I didn't realize that it actually didn't matter, so glad she wasted it, and hope not having it sends her packing.

And why did Cirie for Sierra?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

What the hell was Zeke thinking. You have 12 people still left in this game and you think now is the time to start going after your allies?! He's a fan of this show. There is no excuse. He should know better. Sara is another one that has me baffled. She wants to jump ship and go to the bottom of another well established alliance. How does that make sense. It's like she think she has to play like Tony now. Debbie has to know that she is on the bottom of her alliance with Brad and Sierra as well yet she aligns with them.

What game are these people playing. Aubry needs to step up her game. Isn't she like the Tai whisperer? Why has she not worked that relationship?

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

"Good luck eating!" Ha! Ozzy...douchey to the very end. Sometimes I forget he's only hot until he opens his mouth.

Can someone explain to me how Cirie voting for Michaela somehow saved her? I was really confused by that whole sequence.

Are we done with the damn twists now? Please?

I think Cirie arranged for the vote to be split mostly on Hali, with Michaela as the backup, in case Hali had an idol, instead of the majority of votes going to Michaela.  I think she voted Michaela to because she was chosen to be one of the 4 to vote Michaela and she didn't want the tribe to think she went back on her word.

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, Vyk said:

Personality-wise, he's bland on a good day and absolutely cocky, arrogant, rude, nasty, conceited, and just plain unpleasant on a bad day.  AFAIC, there's no "there" there with him other than his physical and provider qualities.

THIS so much! I can't believe, after 4 seasons, he still hasn't learned to at least fake a social game.

• Love 20