Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E08: There's A New Sheriff In Town (Double Episode)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ElleryAnne said:

I love Michaela, but her lack of social game was making me cringe.  I hope Cirie's mentoring helps her out.

I think it already did - she kept her cool and followed Cirie's advice.  Although I admit - every time she opened her mouth at camp and TC before that vote happened I cringed - thinking, "Don't blow it now!"

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Well, Dan Foley said it best: Survivor superfans can't do math.  Of course, it might not have mattered because Debbie might get voted out in a majority (which is my guess).  I wonder if people will start questioning her about EI and find out she's lying, since she didn't say anything about the advantage.  Sierra looked kind of worried.  

I have to think that they all supposed something - EI may suck but could easily come with a clue/idol/advantage.  If I didn't know better I would imagine her in some desolate spot with a little map, scouting around and digging in the sand for that advantage!

41 minutes ago, Vyk said:

As was said last week, I don't see how she did that, but whatever you say.

As for Andrea, Zeke just went against her and Cirie for pretty much no reason to try and get her tossed, despite her thoughts that they were working together, and she found out about it.  I'd be pissed enough to not want to see him again, too.

Also, weren't Andrea and Zeke friends outside the game anyway?  If they came in together with an "understanding" I'm sure she was pissed to have him turn on her so soon, especially since, as others here have noted, it was way too early for him to be doing so.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

"Good luck eating!" Ha! Ozzy...douchey to the very end. Sometimes I forget he's only hot until he opens his mouth.

Can someone explain to me how Cirie voting for Michaela somehow saved her? I was really confused by that whole sequence.

Are we done with the damn twists now? Please?

I wasn't sure if Cirie really did that much, but she just convinced Michaela that she saved her. But she did tell Sierra they should target Hali over Michaela, so I guess that counts.

1 hour ago, BryroseA said:

Man, that was a weird way to use an extra vote, don't you think? I mean, its Debbie, so logic not so much, but wouldn't you save it for a situation where you might be in danger?

Debbie just wanted to make a splash at tribal. I don't think she could have handled keeping the advantage to herself any longer.

37 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I really hated all the strip search talk as it undermines the strategy and mystery around idols.  That said, now I would love to see someone who really has an idol pull the "go ahead and strip search me!" bluff and then use the idol.

That reminds me of Amanda in Fans vs. Favorites. She came back from Exile, dumped out her bag and insisted she didn't have an idol. And she didn't because she had a clue that it was buried at camp, and she did go ahead and use it.

During that strip talk conversation did Hali really respond to Zeke's comment by saying he should "man up"? She was speaking about the tribe in general, but it was right after he talked. Did anyone else notice that, it seemed like not the best choice of words.

• Love 5

Also, weren't Andrea and Zeke friends outside the game anyway?  If they came in together with an "understanding" I'm sure she was pissed to have him turn on her so soon, especially since, as others here have noted, it was way too early for him to be doing so.

Zeke was an unknown coming in I think since he was just on last season.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, enlightenedbum said:

Zeke was an unknown coming in I think since he was just on last season.

Yes but someone posted somewhere that they did an "event" (not sure if it was a show or what exactly) called "Survivor Brooklyn" together, and knew each other from that.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think I posted about that.  I don't know exactly what those Survivor things are, as I see they pop up in random cities.  It's why people were questioning if Andrea knew Zeke was trans because she knew him from that.  It sounded like they were friends with each other, but I don't know how close.  

Still, I don't blame Andrea's rage at Zeke when she voted for him tonight.  He screwed her, and gave the other alliance the upper hand.  Might as well call him JT jr.

• Love 10

Zeke has Culpeper down flat.  That's exactly what he was doing.

They didn't say anything when the two tribes came together about Varner having been voted out?

God, Debbie is disgusting.

Why, when Cirie was talking to the camera during her conversation with Michaela, did it say "Exile Island"?

I can't imagine nobody was saying, "No, don't vote for Zeke" when they were telling Michaela it was going to be him.

Gee, product placement, much?

Boy, they're making these individual challenges hard.

Man, Troyzan just seems to coast through everything.  Never strategizing, never even seeming to talk to people.

Man, Ozzy, be a dick. Hahahaha.

Debbie is still talking about how hard she had it on Exile Island.  LOL.

Yay.  Buhbye, Ozzy. I think Culpeper probably thinks he's going to be as good a provider as Ozzy.

Who has idols, now?  Tai and Troyzan, right?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Awww Ozzy. Wish you had won the veto. 

What has Cirie done this game? She's horrible at challenges and puzzles.  It's like they're dragging her to the end.

I don't know what she has done. But then ( don't hate me ) I never got the Sandra love. I did soften a little when Cirie broke down and talked about letting them down..but I'm back to normal now ;)

Edited by Fanny Mare
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

What is Andrea's deal...she was in tears for the outing and by the end of this episode she never wants to see him again

Welcome to Survivor.

1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

why on earth would you hand a particular player a challenge they  have proven so well at twice now. Where is the fairness in that

Welcome to Probst's Survivor.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Funny how ozzy is perceived as a threat yet Tai is just as good in those yoga based challenges and he's sitting on a cache of immunity idols with his skinny butt.

YES!  I couldn't get over how Jeff and everyone else seemed to think it was a foregone conclusion that Ozzy was winning that challenge and meanwhile, Tai was in cruise-control too.   "Cydney strong like oak--I'm flexible like bamboo.." is still one of my favorite challenge moments in recent memory.  Tai squirming and readjusting while Cydney stands there solid as a rock--until she wasn't.  This challenge reminded me of that.

I hope Sierra has a belated sense of embarrassment and self-awareness as she watched this play out.  I really wanted her smug ass to get blindsided.  And jeans must be the most impractical item of clothing ever on this show.

Zeke.  How did I go from loving you to being through with you so quickly?  WTF?!  Go ahead, "make your move" and get thee quickly to the regret.  Dumbass.

LOVED Cirie schooling Michaela and I love that she was receptive to the advice.  I might get back in the Like Michaela Camp.   I kept wondering when someone would realize how dangerous Cirie really is and then Zeke started throwing her name out there.  I got so worried for her.  I like Andrea but between her and Cirie, there's no contest.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, absolutqt said:

And jeans must be the most impractical item of clothing ever on this show.

I noticed several people with long sleeves or pants, and I'm wondering what the temps are really like from one day to the next.

So. The Individual Immunity Necklace. It looks like some person on the prop team got an email from Michaels advertising a "nautical" necklace making class and 40% off one regular price item coupon and were like, "Score!"

• Love 23
Just now, Callaphera said:

So. The Individual Immunity Necklace. It looks like some person on the prop team got an email from Michaels advertising a "nautical" necklace making class and 40% off one regular price item coupon and were like, "Score!"

If Michael's is a sponsor one week, you'll have your answer.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I noticed several people with long sleeves or pants, and I'm wondering what the temps are really like from one day to the next.

Yeah, I don't mind the long sleeves or even long pants but I would need to have cotton cargo pants or something lighter than denim jeans!  I just think how damp and musty they must get and you just know they don't breathe at all.

3 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

It seems impossible for someone with any "girth" to win.  

You could see it all over Culpepper's face the second he saw the challenge.  " Oh come on!"

I really was waiting for someone to call Probst out on having this challenge again with Ozzy in the cast. I bet it was edited out.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I hate that immunity challenge every time.  It seems impossible for someone with any "girth" to win.  Hence the Tai win.  Ozzy did so well because he's like the real-life Mowgli / Jungle Boy.

There are lots of challenges where huge dudes have a giant advantage, so it seems fair to me.

EDIT: I do have a problem with back to back endurance challenges though.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, areuserious said:

How dumb do you have to be to waste your extra vote there in a totally meaningless situation.  Staggering.

Seriously. At best, her target Ozzy was going home, at worst, someone who wasn't truly in her alliance and was more in the middle was going home. Waste.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Zeke has Culpeper down flat.  That's exactly what he was doing.

In all fairness, Zeke's not a mindreader, and Culpepper's not a mastermind - that's pretty much why anyone would do that :)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I feel like Ozzy is going to look like Troyzan in 20 years.

When they were both first on screen this season, I turned to my husband and said, "If I didn't know better, I'd think those two are father and son. It's like a Blood versus GameChangers season."

Crap. I just gave them an idea for another season, didn't I?

• Love 8

When Cirie said “word up, straight up & down, the chicken gotta get off the roof” I thought it was a metaphor for something about voting. Imagine my surprise when it turned out that there was an actual chicken on the roof.

I don’t know how, but I didn’t notice Sierra’s eyebrows again until tonight. Now they’re bugging the hell out of me, & how is her manicure still perfect?

Why did Cirie vote for Michaela to save her? I don’t get it.

Tai streaking, no words.

I’m glad Ozzy is gone if for no other reason than he used food as a weapon against everyone. I think he's gotten full of himself, it's the "Sandra Syndrome"

• Love 6

When they opened the second hour with  Cirie's as well as Michaela's talking heads about trusting one another and having each other's back, I feared it was setting up a betrayal of one another. So glad that didn't happen. 

Also, I do think Michaela is intense. She does not no how to chill. It's certainly not wrong of her to pick up on those "people are out to get her" vibes, but she has to get better at laying low while  working to get people to change their vote. She's lucky she's on a beach with Cirie's bad self. 

Effin' Zeke. This fanboy, big move crap is why he gets on my damn nerves. Maybe Cirie and Andrea can pull his dumbass back in 'cause he has to realize that Brad and Sierra left him out of the loop on purpose.

Least favorite player right is Debbie. I can't stand her. 

I hate that there are three unplayed idols in the game right now. I hate that Tai has two of them. Unless maybe his unpredictable ass uses them to save someone I like. I'm straight up hypocritical when it comes to Survivor and hidden immunity idols.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

What is it about the cameramen videoing snakes?  Can't recall an episode this season that doesn't show a snake hanging out on a tree or a piece of background used in the TC. They also like iguanas and most wildlife but snakes seem to be their primary focus. Does the producer just tell someone "Hey, I need background...go shoot snore snakes and whatever other fauna you can find". Actually it doesn't sound like a bad job. 

I've always been under the impression this was Production's way of reminding viewers "oh, this is SUCH a horribly horribly dangerous environment for mactors to be in" or some such shit.

• Love 4

It's a metaphor, you guys.  These people, they're all SNAKES, SNAKES I TELL YOU.  Just like how anytime a man says how much they trust some pretty woman, immediate cut to a spider spinning her web.

It's way too late for me (2 hour episode and I started very late) but I don't have too much to say anyway, because I'm bum-puzzled by so much this episode.  Feel like I just have to watch and see if I can figure out what is going on or if the editing is even going to let us ever know.  It is cool that Cirie, Andrea, and Michaela are working together, but I'm afraid thanks to Zeke and Debbie they are in a bad spot now.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Debbie sucks.  Her deep delusions make me want to punch a tree.  A coconut tree.

bye Ozzy.  They should stop bringing him back.  He clearly hasn't evolved as a game player.  Funny how ozzy is perceived as a threat yet Tai is just as good in those yoga based challenges and he's sitting on a cache of immunity idols with his skinny butt.

Tai seems to have a unique talent wrt to idols. He can find them better than anyone else can. But he can't seem to figure out when to use them on himself. He either fails to use them when he needs to or he uses them to protect someone else and by doing so, he enrages many of the other players. I find this pretty amazing and highly entertaining. I wonder if he will be able to screw up his game this season by misplaying his idols.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Debbie just wanted to make a splash at tribal. I don't think she could have handled keeping the advantage to herself any longer.

She values "showing off" to others so highly that she will trash her game to try and make herself look important to the other players. Even if she realizes that she is trashing her game, she will do it anyway. I think that is pretty much the essence of some kind of emotional disability.

Debbie should never be given any authority over other people. She will do most anything just to try and make herself look important. What a sad case.

9 hours ago, mojoween said:

So is Sierra the most annoying person in Survivor right now, or is she the most annoying person in history?

She is a very mean and nasty lady. Where is she from? I'm guessing she was brought up in the heart of some KKK stronghold. She is the most deeply racist contestant that I've ever seen on this game.  She is so racist that I doubt she even realizes it. If anyone asked her about it or confronted her, she would deliver a speech about how she has all these best friends who are black and people who think she is racist must be out of their minds. Denial with two capital "D"s.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

Seems like they've been doing this double-episode thing for the past few seasons.  I figure it happened this time because of how late a start they got.  And I was sitting here thinking the same thing.

Maybe they want to be prepared in case they have some unexpected dropouts. So they cast extra people now and then have some double evictions to keep things balanced?

5 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I hate that immunity challenge every time.  It seems impossible for someone with any "girth" to win.  Hence the Tai win.  Ozzy did so well because he's like the real-life Mowgli / Jungle Boy.

I know! I was feeling for Cirie on this one. How is any gal with any sort of real boobage supposed to hang in there? You can't even get up against the pole. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, kikaha said:

Well,  for my money, Debbie was the star of the second hour.  She flipped the narrative on its ass, and got Ozzy booted out of nowhere.  As poorly as she played several episodes ago, she reversed that 180 degrees.  Even sucked up to Brad. 

I still can't imagine she wins, but this episode was a major leap forward for her. 

I found it both amusing and troubling that I thought Debbie was behaving much more "normally" than usual, in an episode when she got or pretended to be drunk, danced around like an idiot and mooned the tribe.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

There are lots of challenges where huge dudes have a giant advantage, so it seems fair to me.

Very few I can think of wrt individual challenges.  When they do, Survivor usually compensates for that, by adjusting the height/weight demands.  (Which btw actually is an advantage for smaller people, because pound for pound smaller is stronger).  In challenges like this one, though, big people get no adjustments.  They face an impossible deficit, with no chance to win. 

Big people often have an advantage during parts of the team challenges, because those challenges often have an element that rewards strength/size.  Cirie, e.g., was often a huge asset for her tribe her first season for that reason.  Same with Chris last season, and James in China.  They were challenge monsters for their tribes. 

The individual challenges demand a different skill set, though, and they all mostly struck out challenge-wise after merge. 

5 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I found it both amusing and troubling that I thought Debbie was behaving much more "normally" than usual, in an episode when she got or pretended to be drunk, danced around like an idiot and mooned the tribe.

She was in control of herself this time, manipulating the others.  Before she was out of control, her emotions manipulating her. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

It's a metaphor, you guys.  These people, they're all SNAKES, SNAKES I TELL YOU.  Just like how anytime a man says how much they trust some pretty woman, immediate cut to a spider spinning her web.

It's way too late for me (2 hour episode and I started very late) but I don't have too much to say anyway, because I'm bum-puzzled by so much this episode.  Feel like I just have to watch and see if I can figure out what is going on or if the editing is even going to let us ever know.  It is cool that Cirie, Andrea, and Michaela are working together, but I'm afraid thanks to Zeke and Debbie they are in a bad spot now.

Yes, there were shots of snakes around Varner's talking heads before he outed Zeke.

• Love 4

Even my husband (who doesn't watch, only comes in during the end) noticed the snake.  He asked if it's a requirement that they show a snake every episode.

When Andrea dropped from the pole I was afraid she'd broken an ankle.  Yikes.  

I think the random votes for Aubry and Sierra in the second TC were just in case Ozzy or Zeke had an idol.  (Speaking of... Tai has 2, Troy has 1.  Does anyone else have one?)  Did Debbie really waste her extra vote?  I understand that Ozzy would have been targeted sooner or later anyway (depending on what kind of an immunity streak he ran), but is it ever NOT a good thing to get rid of a strong threat?  I lost count of how many votes Ozzy and Zeke had, wasn't her vote a tie breaker?  (I hate myself for defending Debbie.)

• Love 3

The saddest part of this episode for me was seeing Debbie get her way. Debbie got pretend drunk because she thought that would be endearing. She takes every opportunity to lie about Exile Island, which is completely unnecessary at this point. People who lie just for the sake of lying are the worst. She can't stop talking about her fake jobs. And she's just a constant "Oh God!" narrator at every challenge.

I'm not sure I could deal with Tai on this show. The streaking...fine, that's relatively harmless. But he's always pawing away at people, kissing them, caressing them, and sprawling across them after challenges. When he sprawled across a bleeding and exhausted Ozzy after that endurance challenge, I thought Ozzy was going to throw him into the water. "Dude, I'm exhausted, get off of me!"

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Did Debbie really waste her extra vote?  I understand that Ozzy would have been targeted sooner or later anyway (depending on what kind of an immunity streak he ran), but is it ever NOT a good thing to get rid of a strong threat?  I lost count of how many votes Ozzy and Zeke had, wasn't her vote a tie breaker?  (I hate myself for defending Debbie.)

No, she didn't.  I think a lot of the vitriol being directed at her for using it is because many of us (myself included) don't like Debbie.  But I can be fair and say that she had zero way of knowing whether or not the votes were locked in.  We don't see everything that goes on at camp.  But what we did see looked pretty damn chaotic.  So much so, Debbie probably wasn't sure if the votes for Ozzy were as locked in as she'd hoped.  Obviously, they turned out to be locked in, after all, but I think that while Debbie knew that she had Brad, Tai, Troyzan, and Sierra's votes, she was worried about where Sarah would go with hers.  So she might've figured that she needed her extra vote just in case.

Again, I don't like Debbie AT ALL.  But I don't think she was an idiot to read the situation and act based on what she thought was unfolding.  She was wrong, but she had no way of knowing that.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 17

When Cirie said “word up, straight up & down, the chicken gotta get off the roof” I thought it was a metaphor for something about voting. Imagine my surprise when it turned out that there was an actual chicken on the roof.

I don’t know how, but I didn’t notice Sierra’s eyebrows again until tonight. Now they’re bugging the hell out of me, & how is her manicure still perfect?

Why did Cirie vote for Michaela to save her? I don’t get it.

Tai streaking, no words.

I’m glad Ozzy is gone if for no other reason than he used food as a weapon against everyone. I think he's gotten full of himself, it's the "Sandra Syndrome"

The only thing I can figure is that originally the plan was Michaela was the boot and Hali the backup. Cirie flipped it to make Hali the boot somehow and Michaela the backup. As it played out though, Cirie was still one of the people assigned to vote Michaela, but she knew she wasn't actually going home.

At least, that's what I THINK happened.

• Love 8
  8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Awww Ozzy. Wish you had won the veto. 

What has Cirie done this game? She's horrible at challenges and puzzles.  It's like they're dragging her to the end.

I don't know what she has done. But then ( don't hate me ) I never got the Sandra love. I did soften a little when Cirie broke down and talked about letting them down..but I'm back to normal now ;)

She's had a lot of luck in the tribe shuffles. The first episode tonight was the first time she has been at Tribal. She might be working things, but just not getting screen time since the tribe that goes to Tribal always gets more air time.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, mojoween said:

This challenge just isn't the same without beautiful Yul telling stories about why elephants cannot climb trees.

++++++++++++++++++++++1.  

11 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

So it was Marshall's, as in the store? So the Egyptian cotton towels were from the clearance shelves?

LOLZ, is the next reward challenge going to be sponsored by Dollar General's candy aisle?

11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Prettiest jury yet- Ozzy and Hali and lots and lots of hair.

I thought the same thing...one of the camera-grip type people needs to make sure there's a strategically placed fan so we can watch all that beautiful, clean hair sway in the breeze like a Pantene commercial every time the jury is introduced.  Make it happen, Probst!  

9 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

Also, anyone else hate that f**king music they play as they walk into tribal?

That was truly awful.  Were were at a hoe-down or Tribal Council?  That was the most glaring example, but I agree - this season's music has been another cast member in itself, and I want it voted out even before Eyebrows goes.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

This!  It makes no sense.  So now do we have to also keep an eye peeled to see if her acrylics are growing out?  They have to be fake, but who does that and then goes camping in the jungle for weeks?  She's so odd.

Debbie doesn't have much awareness of personal space.  When she goes up to someone and whispers, it's like she's trying to swallow the other person's ear.  Also, her Brad hug went on way too long.  So did her Cochran hug, for that matter.  And I don't even know what was up with her weird suggestive dancing.   Strange lady, that one.

Hali, I'm sorry, you were too smart for this lot.  Ozzy...I will miss you so, but you're not playing Cook Islands anymore.  There has to be more to you than being able to feed the troops.  But I'm sure we'll see you back on Survivor Season 42, "Fifth Chances."

I guess I'm rooting for Cirie and Michaela to go to the end with a goat, like Eyebrows/Gel Nails.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

It's such a bummer having so few people left to root for at this point.  I've always loved Cirie and I like Andrea and Aubry, so they're all I've got left.  Sierra, Culpepper, Zeke (big move, my ass) - they can all suck it.  And there is something so off-putting about Sarah to me.  I don't know what it is, but I forget she exists half the time and then she pops up and I think, "Oh yeah, her.  Ugh."

I honestly don't even think of Debbie as a player.  I probably should, after what happened last night, but I look at her as an annoying fly buzzing around camp.  No one takes her seriously, she has no shot to win (IMO), she's just there, flitting from once place to another, bugging everyone.

And ITA with @vb68 - Cirie would make a great life coach.  Her talk with Michaela was the best part of the whole two hours.  It seems so rare that we get to see long, meaningful conversations like that on this show.

• Love 12

I thought Ozzy was being a douche, when he threatened not to fish if Tai didn't forfeit the IC.  But, I had no problem with him saying, "Good luck eating." on the way out.  They voted out their meal ticket with 15 days and 11 people left.  It might have been the best strategic move, but I was fine with Ozzy reminding them that it will probably mean a lot less food in their bellies.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

And ITA with @vb68 - Cirie would make a great life coach.  Her talk with Michaela was the best part of the whole two hours.  It seems so rare that we get to see long, meaningful conversations like that on this show.

That was fantastic.  "If you're hungry, get un-hungry!  If you're mad, get un-mad!"  Michaela just has that permanently pissed-off expression on her face, which she almost can't do anything about, because if she was all suddenly-smiley-faced Michaela, everyone would wonder what she's up to.  She kind of can't win as far as her personality goes, that's just how she is.  I want Cirie to tuck her under her protective wing and get them both to the end.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, ferretrick said:

The only thing I can figure is that originally the plan was Michaela was the boot and Hali the backup. Cirie flipped it to make Hali the boot somehow and Michaela the backup. As it played out though, Cirie was still one of the people assigned to vote Michaela, but she knew she wasn't actually going home.

At least, that's what I THINK happened.

This is how I saw it as well.  Cirie definitely pushed the idea of going Hali, with Michaela as the back up plan in case of an idol.  She might have even volunteered to vote Michaela, so it would seem like a pure strategic move (Hali is a bigger strategic threat, get her out first) as opposed to her having an alliance with Michaela.  

• Love 5