Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Of all the harebrained business ideas Cynthia has had I have no idea why she hasn't written a book on how to look good at 50.  

All black women look great at 50.  As Oprah says about black women's faces, "Black don't crack." 

I'm sorry, but Cynthia's hair choices are as bad as Nene's.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

All black women look great at 50.  As Oprah says about black women's faces, "Black don't crack." 

Unless they've been living a hard life and consumed all the drugs, cigarettes & alcohol, the average black woman at 50 won't have the lines & wrinkles of a non-black woman of the same age.

Non-black women would have to be the primary market for a book like that.

Porsha is silly.  She's biting Kandi like a rabid dog but she's going to play surprised victim when she gets put down.

Kandi dressed in pants because she might have to fight a ho.

Phaedra needs to stop lying that she only got a lift, unless she means they lifted her belly fat up to her chest to create some boobs.

• Love 16

I wonder if Porsha's mother and Lauren talk real shit to her or if they are just sycophants. It's hard to imagine that folks who should TRULY be in her corner would not say..."hey, girl, this chick is setting you up to be dragged. you need to fall back from supporting her!"

I was tickled a bit when Kandi said (paraphrased) "maybe I should zip them [the shoes] in case I have to stand up?" I was like, hell naw, girl, keep them unzipped so you can just kick them off and go, no one needs to be tottering around on stilettos in event of emergency!

This was pretty boring, overall, more of a setup for lie exposure and people's tomfoolery coming to light. I guess the next ep will be hot, 3 will be a dullish lead in for 4. Phaedra seems to be out of prerehearsed read material, so she's going backwards.

Loved the fourth wall breaking. 1) Andy calling Phakedra out on her "we don't run in the same circles" mess...bitch your paycheck is this circle! 2) Inquiring about why Kim felt the need to act up, Kenya said "She needs a check." Point blank and the period. Nobody had anything to say about that, even the host. 3) Trying to make old storylines new again. This is like an episode of Teen Mom, all we need now are the producers on camera too!

Round one goes to the left side of the couch. I have found that in most reunions (across franchises), the side that is making the most unnecessary stank faces (even during introductions/you look great greetings) ends up being the losers.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

I generally don't root for crying but damn if I am not looking forward to Porsha's "breakdown".

Hell, if I was there I'd probably be cutting up onions......

I'm just waiting to see why Sheree decided to turn on the tears too!

• Love 7

Cynthia won best look of the Reunion last night on WWHL.  Cynthia even when she misses is still gorgeous.  I kind of liked the look of her hair for the occasion -almost like an amped lion's mane ready to do battle.  I also loved Kenya's new hair look.  Very flattering on her. 

I guess I am not understanding Phaedra's position on praying together,  I would say praying together is kind of the ultimate step in forgiveness and moving on.  Phaedra needs to rethink her God is impressed  with what he sees, when it comes to her.  It is almost as if Phaedra is not addressing the bust up of the marriage which is Apollo's many crimes and resulting incarceration.   I saw a very bitter delusional Phaedra last night.  It is absolutely none of her business what Kandi's relationship with her employees is.  I hope they revisit the Johnnie situation because I was left unfilled with the brief gloss over of the Phaedra's complicity last night. 

• Love 12

In the first 10 or 12 minutes did anybody else notice that one of the hws (on the kandi, kenya, cynthia couch) was saying something and while she was talking the camerman cut to Andy for some reason, and he was lipsyncing the words the hw was saying?  Ya'll I swear!  somebody please look at this in rewatch so I know I'm not crazy.   For some reason I felt lightweight betrayed by that lol like really Bravo, they can't come right off the top at the reunion? 

I loved the point Kandi was making to Porsha about her not extending the same benefit of doubt/calling for clarity courtesy to her as she had to Phaedra, given the exact same set of circumstances.   Naturally, Porsha couldn't follow it, but the hypocrisy highlight was enjoyable.    I also really liked her making Phaedra's Charity's acknowledgement letter public.  That was beautiful.   At first I thought, well shit, that's kind of petty of Kandi, I wonder wh...........oh......hey federal agents, mad cause she flagrant.....I  know you watch the show, IRS, soooo in case ya'll listening and you noticed that my itemized deduction column look a little different than this here receipt, please see Bravo Productions Inc. Season IX Reunion Show for specifics.    Lol.  She's a thinker, that one.   

Sue me it's gonna always make a me a little sniffly that the possibility for friendship repair actually existed, despite everything, for a very long time and Phaedra rebuffed it.   Kandi was already sitting next to her with an olive branch in her hand, it's not like it would've required her to surrender a great deal of pride to accept it.   As evidenced by the Apprentice check she wrote, it seems like if she considers you a friend, she really goes out of her way to support you.  Phay could use a non-idiot friend in her corner. 

They all looked amazing.  Even Cynthia's ridiculously large hair.  Who said it was editorial?  That's it exactly, it probably looks amazing on a billboard or in the pages of Essence but sitting next to women whose hair volume is kinda normal it's a little extra.   She pulled it off though.   Liked Kenya's shorter do, I don't want her to go any shorter or slimmer, she has a lot of face so she needs hair.   I luuuurved Porsha's hair style, beautiful cut.  It also helps that her hair is trained so the curls look like they should.   I liked that Phaedra took a hair risk.  Not sure if I liked it, she might be too little for all that length.    I think we've seen Sheree in that style before, but it's beautiful, I like how versatile she is.  I was too focused on how perfect her lipstick color was to study the rest.  Crushed raisins, gorgeous.  I've attempted to get to that same color - I just wind up looking like I've been punched in the mouth.   I don't remember Kandi's hair.  When she said she had her breasts done I was like girl who did that?  Titties that have had an intervention sposed to go out, not down.  What the southern fried catfish?  She still need the hell out of a bra.    I'm gonna keep asking this until one of you answers me.  Is it or is not true that cleavage is supposed to be a peek/glimpse?  Did this change?  Was it never true? or am I officially a fuddy? 

• Love 21

Kandi is coming off looking bad, because she is holding on to a lot of secrets that could bury Phaedra and the other women.  I really feel like she hasn't let everything she knows out of the bag, and most of the women don't.  I think Kenya gives up all information she knows, that is why the women really don't mess with her like that, because they know she is not to be trusted and will use any and every thing for ammo.  I think the women even filter what they tell her about the other women, even if they hate that person.  

Porsha knows things, and holds on to some, but lets other information out in anger.  

It is hard to believe, but I do think they have a code of ethics for each other and decide not to 'go there' on some topics.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

Kandi is coming off looking bad, because she is holding on to a lot of secrets that could bury Phaedra and the other women.  I really feel like she hasn't let everything she knows out of the bag, and most of the women don't.  I think Kenya gives up all information she knows, that is why the women really don't mess with her like that, because they know she is not to be trusted and will use any and every thing for ammo.  I think the women even filter what they tell her about the other women, even if they hate that person.  

Porsha knows things, and holds on to some, but lets other information out in anger.  

It is hard to believe, but I do think they have a code of ethics for each other and decide not to 'go there' on some topics.  

If so wouldn't keeping the secrets of your (fren)enemies when you no longer have any reason to make you seem more ethical?

She busted Phaedra out with that thing about talking to another man while still married to Apollo.  Which I think was dead ass wrong, but in response to Phaedra and Porsha trying to characterize her as a liar. 

Chile.  Porsha don't even know the information she actually comes out with. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

If so wouldn't keeping the secrets of your (fren)enemies when you no longer have any reason to make you seem more ethical?

She busted Phaedra out with that thing about talking to another man while still married to Apollo.  Which I think was dead ass wrong, but in response to Phaedra and Porsha trying to characterize her as a liar. 

I wasn't very clear as to what I was addressing.  I was addressing issues that Kandi seems over it or thinks she is better than the ladies because she got married.  I really don't see that in Kandi, I think she is coming off as over it, because she knows that a lot of bs is put out there by the ladies, so she is trying to hold her tongue on some things.  

I think Kandi is very open with her life and what you see is what you get.  She doesn't feel the need to put everything out there (about the other women), at the cost of looking bad sometimes.  But, if she has to, she will say some things.  Like when a lot of people couldn't understand why she wasn't so supportive of Phaedra after the separation (opps, almost called it a divorce).  She finally had to say that Phaedra had moved on, was talking to other people and wanted Apollo gone.  

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 9

This is going to be a long painful reunion if the first night is any indication. Porsha and Phaedra I’m looking at you two.  First the good – I really liked Phaedra’s weave - other than that got nothing else for dat chick.  Porsha you spiraled into crazy nonsense rather quickly - pace yourself and your lies.

I predict (with the benefit of the clips) that Porsha spiral into a mess where her lies cave in on her. 

She isn’t even trying to hear anyone else.  Kandi’s point about charity was that she thought that She and Porsha was cool so yes she would support a “friends” charity like she did for Phaedra as well as for Porsha on Celebrity Apprentice.  Porsha then started talking nonsense about how that particular donation was because of the charity it wasn’t for her. WTF? Kandi specifically mentioned the only reason she made the 5K donation was so that Porsha could win and how is that not supporting her?  Then Porsha doubled down on the crazy and then started yelling that just because she made a donation in her honor that doesn’t give her the right to speak to her any kind of way and that she isn’t for sale. UMMMM Gurl…..Gurl really.  Because what you are saying NOBODY one, brought that dynamic up and two, not the point.  The point you are trying so hard to distract from is Kandi saying that she has supported you and your endeavors which she has.   

• Love 20

Phaedra keeps Porsha close, because Porsa is dumb and more than happy to be living up Phaedra's ass. She's Phaedra's mouthpiece for nasty BS rumors. Phaedra feeds them to Porsha, and Porsha is too dumb to question them, and more than happy to spread them. I think that Phaedra is threatened by Kandi because Kandi is legitimately successful, has no legal issues, and doesn't put up a fake front. Add me to the list of people who can't wait to see Porsha have her breakdown.

• Love 17

Porsha isn't for sale? That Bentley she drives says different!

It is really sad that the disintegration of Porsha and Kandi's friendship is because Porsha felt the need to carry water for Phaedra, when Phaedra leaves Porsha ass out holding the bag time and time again. That chick ain't loyal. Porsha is too dumb to see that. Porsha is the face of 'playing for the wrong team.'

Phaedra? I hope this gif says it all 

giphy.gif

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 19

Kenya, ugh.  She is so damned lame.  I don't know why Bravo thinks she is clever, she is not.  Her statement to Kim, "at least I'm not a duck, like your lips" is so stupid to me.  A duck is a whole thing, not just the duck's bill.  So saying her lips are a duck is idiotic, and misses the mark.  And that is usually what I get from her "snaps" at people.  It is elementary school level stuff.  

Plus, a lot of times when these women are talking, I can't understand what they are saying.  It took probably 20 times for me to hear Kenya saying that insult to realize what she was saying.  At first it sounds like she was saying at least I'm not a dove, like your lips.  And I just realized that Porsha was saying "truth tea" in the promos. I had no idea what the hell she was saying in the promos, until I was watching the show and saw it in context.   

Am I the only one who is having these issues?  

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

sidenote: All of the ladies look ridiculous with their massive breasts.

Really. I had to fast forward right out of the gate with all the tittie talk from Andy. What a way to start off the reunion. Who in hell cares? 90% of the women you see now have had boob jobs, although the Atlanta women have them front and center ALL of the time, and some still won't admit to it.  I can't remember the last time I saw a flat chested woman. Nothing wrong with that either, it just that boob jobs should not be made to be a thing when clearly it's now the norm.

I don't want to hear the yelling and the screaming, I am so over Kandi losing her shit and Porsha is being so extra I wish she would just shut up for a minute.  The Beverly Hills Reunion is so tame compared to this mess. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

Kenya saying she never lies. WTF is she kidding? Does she think nobody hears her talk? Ok, then. She hasn't lied about every "real" boyfriend she has had, including the African prince.? Keep on not lying, Kenya.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Kenya saying she never lies. WTF is she kidding? Does she think nobody hears her talk? Ok, then. She hasn't lied about every "real" boyfriend she has had, including the African prince.? Keep on not lying, Kenya.  

You are going to compare Kenya to Frick & Frack? Please! All of them need psychological help, but Phaedra and Porsha are common trash and the lies they spout are ridiculous since they're on blast and we see what's what! ;-(

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Sheree herself referenced the rich African and said he gave Kenya money for her house.  Which Kenya denied but it makes me think he may not be fictional.  I don't see Kenya as a liar, status of boyfriends aside.

1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Sheree herself referenced the rich African and said he gave Kenya money for her house.  Which Kenya denied but it makes me think he may not be fictional.  I don't see Kenya as a liar, status of boyfriends aside.

I thought she was self-made.  Liar.

• Love 3

Just because Sheree said it, that doesn't make it true...

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought she was self-made.  Liar.

Nothing about that makes her a liar or any less self made.  

For one, Kenya said that he didn't give her any money.  But the fact sheree referenced him at all suggests he is real.  So I think you missed my point.  Second, getting help doesn't at some point in life doesn't mean you aren't self made.  Kenya made herself who she is before the African showed up at all.  

• Love 6

The self made crap is bullshit. If we want to play P's and Q's, no one is self made simply due to the fact that they (according to some, were birthed by someone or got a paycheck signed by another person) but for reasons of  this stage, get checks because of RHOA. If we want to qualify self made as working for one's own, then I would list them (in order, qualified by wealth/time in career) as Kandi, Cynthia, Kenya, Phaedra, Porsha, Sheree. To me, self made for this show means what they have had/accomplished on before/without the RHOA check and how they can continue/would survive without being on this show. 

If we want to keep it all the way real, Sheree is the least self made because she has accomplished ZERO without RHOA. At least Porsha has her Dish network check. 

I have yet to see any big accomplishments from the right couch that have occured independently after being cast on RHOA. The most I've seen is Phaedra getting a paycheck in the parking lot. Nothing has come of her mortuary license (oops Apollo got cuffed before they could wash those ssns), the only reason Porsha got with Rickey Smiley was this show, and Sheree, even after a decade, has NOTHING. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 9

Are these African men exclusive to Atlanta because I need some things paid off? I think Porsha is so ridiculous it's beyond and she never has receipts for anything. I think Sheree jumped on the Kenya has an African man ship only because it's Kenya. If ole Sheree was smart she'd grab herself an African and get out of all that debt!

2 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Hey now, Sheree is an accomplished fashion designer, author, and producer ;)

And don't forget the mother of a super model!

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

Are these African men exclusive to Atlanta because I need some things paid off? I think Porsha is so ridiculous it's beyond and she never has receipts for anything. I think Sheree jumped on the Kenya has an African man ship only because it's Kenya. If ole Sheree was smart she'd grab herself an African and get out of all that debt!

I need me an "African" too! I don't need a Bentley, though, can you just deposit the value in my checking account then I'll invest/pay debts as I see fit? If their allegations are true, at least Kenya had the (Kim Z) sense to get a house in her name instead of a leased car that will disappear after the pussy dries up.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lmao!!!  I want you to come on up to the dirty jerz.   There's no shortage of Nigerian Princes round these parts.   I can't vouch for new Bentleys and townhouse deeds bout how ya'll feel about a low mileage Toyota and unlimited trips to the Cheesecake Factory? 

Thank God he doesn't think ya'll are real.  If he ever found my ptv account, zoinks!

Kmsl... I think I died... That'll be a no from me!

• Love 5

I want you to come on up to the dirty jerz.   There's no shortage of Nigerian Princes round these parts.

So Coming to America was a semi-documentary? ;)

unlimited trips to the Cheesecake Factory

Shit, where is my Nigerian prince? ;)

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Nothing about that makes her a liar or any less self made.  

For one, Kenya said that he didn't give her any money.  But the fact sheree referenced him at all suggests he is real.  So I think you missed my point.  Second, getting help doesn't at some point in life doesn't mean you aren't self made.  Kenya made herself who she is before the African showed up at all.  

ALLLL YOUR REPLIES ARE GIVING ME LIFE! You hit the nail on it's head every time!

• Love 5

Where are Kenya and Porsha meeting these rich African princes who give the house money, Bentleys, and $20,000 birkins?

Where can I sign up? (Pictures a Djimon Hounsou lookalike taking me on a Pretty Woman style adventure). 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It's so funny because the moment I saw all of the women sitting on the couches, I wondered if any of them do regular upkeep to their faces and then Andy asked the question soon into the reunion. As a cast, I do think they are overall, the most natural looking of all the franchises. They're all aging well. I thought the dress colours well complimented all of the women but the styles are a different story. I think Porsha forgot to switch out her robe for her formal wear.

So Phaedra maintains that the facts are the facts. The facts used to be that Kenya was flirting and propositioning her husband via text. Now the facts are simply that Kenya sent her husband texts but she no longer mentions that the texts were inappropriate in nature. She's shifted the goal posts so that she doesn't have to concede her point and acknowledge that she trash talked Kenya for something that her husband LIED about. She needs Jesus more than any of the other women she's trying to 'help'. 

Why is Porsha is still around? She's just the picture of stupid...I can't with her. Idiot kept making excuses for Phaedra when Phaedra is the only person on that stage that has lied to keep her name clean and let Porsha fall under the bus. This is why Phaedra thinks she's so slick...because she managed to find the biggest fool as her sidekick. I'm gonna be honest, I'm just here tuning in to see if Tweedle Dee gets exposed and what makes Tweedle Dum cry. 

Me to, whatever was said that tore up the Reunion must be devastating... I think Shamea will bring the "FIRE "

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Me to, whatever was said that tore up the Reunion must be devastating... I think Shamea will bring the "FIRE "

Having a bestie like Porsha, I have to give her a side-eye even though she hasn't done anything shady! Her sister of course worships the ground she walks and I expect her to defend Frick to the death! ;-)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Having a bestie like Porsha, I have to give her a side-eye even though she hasn't done anything shady! Her sister of course worships the ground she walks and I expect her to defend Frick to the death! ;-)

I expect her to defend Kandi and call Phaedra out on her lies.

6 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

There is something coming that none us has ever heard before...I can't began to imagine.... In the previews Phaedra looks as if she's running away .. it looks like she leaving the Reunion .

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, byrd said:

I expect her to defend Kandi and call Phaedra out on her lies.

Well I'll believe it when I see and hear it! So far she's been an apologist for Porsha & Phaedra; sans that "head doctor" pantomime at her engagement party Kandi threw for her when neither showed up! ;-)

57 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Where are Kenya and Porsha meeting these rich African princes who give the house money, Bentleys, and $20,000 birkins?

Where can I sign up? (Pictures a Djimon Hounsou lookalike taking me on a Pretty Woman style adventure). 

Lol !

5 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Well I'll believe it when I see and hear it! So far she's been an apologist for Porsha & Phaedra; sans that "head doctor" pantomime at her engagement party Kandi threw for her when neither showed up! ;-)

Shamea cannot stand Phaedra.. I haven't heard her defend Phaedra. She always calls her out for being a fake friend and warns Porsha about trusting her. I first thought she might be jealous of the friendship but that's not it, I believe she sees Phaedra for what she really is.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, byrd said:

Lol !

Shamea cannot stand Phaedra.. I haven't heard her defend Phaedra. She always calls her out for being a fake friend and warns Porsha about trusting her. I first thought she might be jealous of the friendship but that's not it, I believe she sees Phaedra for what she really is.  

Seems like that trio spend a lot of time warning each other about friendships! Maybe these people need to find other friends that they don't have to "read" behind their backs so much! Such idiots! ;-)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Seems like that trio spend a lot of time warning each other about friendships! Maybe these people need to find other friends that they don't have to "read" behind their backs so much! Such idiots! ;-)

1 minute ago, Jamie Satyr said:

I so agree, I hate to think how these reality show can ruin people lives.. This is the first season that RHOA has ever sunk this low. Even Porsha and Kenya's fight didn't upset me as much as this season.  

• Love 3

I ended up watching this twice because I was distracted by a sinus migraine, but here are some in initial thought:

• I liked Dumb Porsha's new hairstyle.
  • Once again, Dumb Porsha manages to look like a cheap hooker.
  • What the fuck was going on with Cynthia's wig? Did she get electrocuted from a hair drier or accumulate static electricity from shuffling across the carpet?
  • I wasn't fond of the other gals' dresses, either.
  • Once again, Pharisee Phaedra resurrects that tired ol' storyline about Kenya and Apollo...
  • I was already tired of the whole Moore Mansion VS Chateaux Sheree two eps ago.
  • I laughed at Pharisee Phaedra's claims of not being a sex freak. Why, oh, why didn't the editing monkeys show us some footage?
  • Yeah, right, that was a "typo" on Kandi's  donation statement...
  • I guess we'll have to keep watching to see Kandi confront Dumb Porsha ob those rumours she was spreading. 
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Wasn't Porsha driving a white Rolls Royce?  And sporting an $85,000.00 Birkin whatever happened to those treasures?  It would seem to me she could pay off the $750k lien. 

OT but if I paid 85k for a handbag not a damn thing would go in it.  

• Love 6