Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

I'm sorry I sound like a broken record, but man has she got her hands full. 

Does Tori have siblings? What happens when her parents get older and may need help? 

I hope Tori stays strong and healthy. I really do.

Is this part of the desire to have a non LP child? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

She's hellbound and determined to have  a "mini-me" (average-size daughter), but has also mentioned wanting seven dwarfs; you know, like Disney's Snow White (she's obsessed with all things Disney) and is also friendly with the "19 Kids" folks.  Tori doesn't seem to be most mature or practical person around... 

She has one brother, but he's never mentioned or shown; as I recall, he's had/been in trouble with drugs, so I doubt he'll be much help when it's time for the adult children in the family to undertake caregiving.  

I hope Chris likes lots of kids milling around everywhere...  The grandchildren are starting to pile up!!!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Tori should not count on anyone to step up and help her, family or not. Her kids are her responsibility! 

I was referencing the adult children (Tori and her brother) caring for their parents as they age -- in addition to however many dwarfs she's popped out by that time with their multiple special medical needs.  No doubt they'll find a nursing home...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Aging parents often have multiple health issues and require low-level assistance long before they're ready for nursing homes.  I believe Amy's father has another daughter either living with him or acting as that family caregiver.  He's fortunate.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Has she asked anyone to take responsibility for her children?

At last check, Tory's parents were well. Also, getting an elderly parent into a nursing home is often the best choice for care. 

I don’t know about anyone else’s parents, but mine couldn’t wait to be with my kids and spend as much time as possible with them. I understand that not all grandparents feel that way, but some do. 

As people live longer and with more complex medical needs, nursing home care is sometimes absolutely necessary for health and safety. 

• Love 4

It isn't just skilled nursing facilities, there are independent living facilities, assisted living, and memory care to cover all the various levels of assistance and care that aging people might want or need.   I'm almost at the end with my last parent and have used almost all of the above along with in-home care in their home and also in mine.  Sometimes you have to keep changing services to adapt to how much help they need.  Tori will hopefully have access to all the resources she needs when that time arrives, but it's likely at least a couple decades away.  

A lot of grandparents really enjoy their grandkids.  Some of us schedule our lives around them a good portion of the time.  We don't get to see the majority of family interactions so it's possible Tori's parents spend a lot of time with the kids.

• Love 5
On 11/17/2021 at 7:09 PM, all4mom2 said:

I hope Tori doesn't aspire to be the Michelle Duggar of the dwarf world.

Congrats.  I love this family and I am so happy for them.  Here's hoping that this time Tori has an average size child; this way she won't be the only average size person in the house.  

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Here's hoping that this time Tori has an average size child; this way she won't be the only average size person in the house.  

You can bet she won't stop until she does (specifically, a "mini-me" average-size daughter) -- if then!

• Love 2

Are there any statistics about the chances of a dwarf and his normal size wife ever having a normal size baby? Tori isn't going to stop til she gets her normal size baby girl but how many dwarfs can TLC afford to support? 

• Love 2

Its 50 percent when an achon is married to an average height woman. The gene is dominant. If they were both little people, it would still be 50 percent, but there would be a 25 percent chance that both parents pass the gene and the child dies soon after birth - you see achon couples on other shows discussing the lethal combo. Two achons having a child only have a 25% chance of having an average height child. Since Tory doesn't have the gene, they have no risk for the lethal combo, and a 50 percent chance each time they have a child of it being achondroplasic. 

Amy and Matt actually had the same odds and got more average height children than the odds say they should. 

• Useful 6

I can't remember the exact figure, but saw a YouTube video about their new million-dollar house in which they stated how much Z&T (separately) get paid per episode...  It's A LOT...

Thanks, Matt!!!

Plus, it said, Zach "officially" works on the farm part-time and gets paid for that (do they give tours year-round and not just during pumpkin season?  I would think there would be a demand for it among their fans), and Tori supposedly makes a bundle from her "influencing."  The YouTuber ended with, "And so, even though neither one of them has a legitimate job, they're doing very well" -- just by virtue of being Roloffs, apparently, and I'm sure Amy and Chris ROLOFF are, too...

"Girly"?  Ugh!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Plus, it said, Zach "officially" works on the farm part-time and gets paid for that (do they give tours year-round and not just during pumpkin season?  I would think there would be a demand for it among their fans) . . . 

Private tours are on the website for $300 for 30 minutes.  According to the website, there are no tours until further notice due to Covid.

"We enjoy sharing the beautiful landscape and behind the scene stories of Roloff Farms. Each tour will visit the famous farm attractions that you may already be familiar including the Western Town, Molly’s Castle, The Twins’ Swamp Fort, Matt’s Bridge, a visit to the Secret Forest, the Tower of Terror and so much more! The 30-minute, unique tour will be guided by Matt, Zachary, Amy or Jeremy who will share fun stories and current tidbits going on at the farm. A hello and photo opportunity may be available with other family members who happen to be at the farm.

Tours are offered every day of the week, all year long, during daylight hours (per availability) Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. Email us with your date and time request and we will check current availability for you!

After your reservation date and time is confirmed, you'll receive an email with more detail regarding what to expect. We ask that you arrive 3-5 minutes prior to designated tour time. We're looking forward to meeting and welcoming you to the farm soon. Now, let's start your tour!"

We've thought about doing a tour, but would want to have some say in who guides our tour.  Since that's not available, we've opted not to schedule one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Private tours are on the website for $300 for 30 minutes.  According to the website, there are no tours until further notice due to Covid.

"We enjoy sharing the beautiful landscape and behind the scene stories of Roloff Farms. Each tour will visit the famous farm attractions that you may already be familiar including the Western Town, Molly’s Castle, The Twins’ Swamp Fort, Matt’s Bridge, a visit to the Secret Forest, the Tower of Terror and so much more! The 30-minute, unique tour will be guided by Matt, Zachary, Amy or Jeremy who will share fun stories and current tidbits going on at the farm. A hello and photo opportunity may be available with other family members who happen to be at the farm.

Tours are offered every day of the week, all year long, during daylight hours (per availability) Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. Email us with your date and time request and we will check current availability for you!

After your reservation date and time is confirmed, you'll receive an email with more detail regarding what to expect. We ask that you arrive 3-5 minutes prior to designated tour time. We're looking forward to meeting and welcoming you to the farm soon. Now, let's start your tour!"

We've thought about doing a tour, but would want to have some say in who guides our tour.  Since that's not available, we've opted not to schedule one.

remember it's a farm! 300! WTF!to hell with the' whole clan of scam'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Good grief; you'd think she was royalty.

Tori is going to look just like her mother and grandmother.

Bet Amy loves being called a "granny."

That's all I got...

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Makes sense considering they're related. Both the grandmother and great grandmother look lively and alert. A little portly but the metabolism does slow once you hit sixty.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Good grief; you'd think she was royalty.

Bet Amy loves being called a "granny."

That's all I got...

Well that is what Chris has been waiting for all his life a "granny"!

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

My guess $50 and up for each cake.

Did they also hire a photographer?  Lots of young mothers do that these days, too.  Tori was always very "spendy"; wonder what frugal Zach thinks of all this?

• Love 1