Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, seasons said:

Is she big enough/stable enough to ride that? If so, then no shit, she should wear a helmet. And pads. Duh, Tori. Good grief.

I seriously doubt if she's "riding" it; she can barely walk.  Looks like she's just hanging on to it.  But Tori.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

On 9/19/2021 at 11:22 AM, seasons said:

Is she big enough/stable enough to ride that? If so, then no shit, she should wear a helmet. And pads. Duh, Tori. Good grief.

I seriously doubt if she's "riding" it; she can barely walk.  Looks like she's just hanging on to it.  But Tori.

The bigger question is  did Lilah Bean ride that scooter like she owned it?  

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Don't all parents think they have the smartest/cutest/best at sports/most talented kid ever?

Yes all parents are delusional.But these two are certifiable.they are heading for tough times with the children and they walk around la la  la they don't want to face it. I think these two are the biggest shitheads i have ever heard of.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Don't all parents think they have the smartest/cutest/best at sports/most talented kid ever?

There's that, and then there's full-on denial and lyin- misrepresentation.

Tori lives in Lala Land.

• Love 7

With respect, with your own words, you don't follow their instagram. Auj pretty consistently brags up the kids, including pulling such stunts as skiing down a mountain with a one year old baby strapped to her chest so she could brag that Bode skied at age 1. They also have had Ember up on skis and displaying her to the public  as coming from a proud family of skiers, and also Ember "runs" just like mommy. I mean there's a LOT of bragging how awesome the kids are.

I take it the same way I do Tory and Zach - this isn't unusual behavior from parents. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 3

I think Jackson is well on the way to being a defiant, manipulative brat. Thanks to his parents.

And Lilah will always be in the background wondering why she's not quite as cherished as Jackson.

Z&T should not be allowed to breed anymore. But they will. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I think Jackson is well on the way to being a defiant, manipulative brat. Thanks to his parents.

And Lilah will always be in the background wondering why she's not quite as cherished as Jackson.

Z&T should not be allowed to breed anymore. But they will. 

More kids more checks maybe TLC wants three. Remember it's up to them.Z&T sold themselves.Only way to afford care for them when the shit starts hitting the fan.Z&T are the worst.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, stoppro said:

More kids more checks maybe TLC wants three. Remember it's up to them.Z&T sold themselves.Only way to afford care for them when the shit starts hitting the fan.Z&T are the worst.

I thought they were planning on seven little dwarfs?  I'm afraid Tori, as another of her fantasies, views herself as or aspires to be the Michelle Duggar of the skeletal dysplasia world...

Lilah, in particular, seems very...challenged.  I would quit while I was ahead.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought they were planning on seven little dwarfs?  I'm afraid Tori, as another of her fantasies, views herself as or aspires to be the Michelle Duggar of the skeletal dysplasia world...

Lilah, in particular, seems very...challenged.  I would quit while I was ahead.

Are Z&T planning on home schooling these kids? Or sending them to public schools? I can already see Lilah being made fun of every day. And Jackson will think he "owns" the school. He's in for a rude awakening. 

They have 1 boy and 1 girl. What are they hoping for next time? Are they just going to keep on breeding in hopes of having a normal size kid? How fucking selfish.

Has Zach EVER had a job outside of TLC and sleeping? (And banging Tori)

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Are Z&T planning on home schooling these kids?

Jackson goes to preschool. 

1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

I can already see Lilah being made fun of every day.

Yes but frankly I don't know any child that goes to school who doesn't get made fun of. 

3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And Jackson will think he "owns" the school. He's in for a rude awakening. 

He goes to preschool and has for a bit now. No reported problems although I grant you there's not a lot a preschooler can do to mess up badly. 

I think way too much importance gets placed on Tory's use of "he owns place X". 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Jackson goes to preschool. 

Yes but frankly I don't know any child that goes to school who doesn't get made fun of. 

He goes to preschool and has for a bit now. No reported problems although I grant you there's not a lot a preschooler can do to mess up badly. 

I think way too much importance gets placed on Tory's use of "he owns place X". 

Preschoolers do get kicked out if their behavior warrants it (think biting), especially if it’s a private preschool where parents are paying tuition. Jackson’s never done anything on camera that suggests to me he’d be in that group. 

Also, I tend to think that Z & T use the phrase, “Like he owns it” for J because they’re happy he hasn’t yet felt inhibited or limited by his stature and want to encourage that. I understand that sentiment and have felt that way about my own sons when they don’t let Crohn’s disease be a crutch or excuse to sit out. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Preschoolers do get kicked out if their behavior warrants it (think biting), especially if it’s a private preschool where parents are paying tuition. Jackson’s never done anything on camera that suggests to me he’d be in that group. 

Also, I tend to think that Z & T use the phrase, “Like he owns it” for J because they’re happy he hasn’t yet felt inhibited or limited by his stature and want to encourage that. I understand that sentiment and have felt that way about my own sons when they don’t let Crohn’s disease be a crutch or excuse to sit out. 

Kid is going to get enough shit for being on the 'show'.As he gets older it will get worse just because zack and his brother made it ok ,times have changed.No one is going to respect them since tlc has made a joke out of all of them and they come across as hokey as hell.Good luck to them they will need it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, readheaded said:

Jackson also strikes me as the sort of kid who does well discipline wise with people who aren't family.

15 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Agree. I've never gotten the impression that Tory really means that Jackson will one day "own the place", but that he's being self confident in being somewhere other than his home. Frankly I think the worst thing the elder Roloffs did in raising Jeremy and Zach was always letting Jeremy take the lead in everything and not encouraging them at a young age to have separate activities.

I could do with her not repeating it all the time, she over uses it, which grates. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

They have 1 boy and 1 girl. What are they hoping for next time? Are they just going to keep on breeding in hopes of having a normal size kid? How fucking selfish.

It's obvious Tori is dead-set on having a "mini-me."  She was clearly crushed (and didn't make any effort to hide the fact) to learn that Lilah was going to be a dwarf, and not because she has any problem with dwarfism, as she's also made obvious.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's obvious Tori is dead-set on having a "mini-me."  She was clearly crushed (and didn't make any effort to hide the fact) to learn that Lilah was going to be a dwarf, and not because she has any problem with dwarfism, as she's also made obvious.

Idiots. Both of them (lazy Zach & Tori.) They only have energy to have sex and film for TLC.

And good luck if they are hoping for a "normal", non dwarf baby. If that ever happens I can't even imagine how much that kid will be their prized possession. Buh Bye Jackson (and Lilah). You just got demoted. (Hopefully by then, Jackson and Lilah will be off to a 4 year college.)

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's obvious Tori is dead-set on having a "mini-me." 

So, she's like a lot of parents who want little versions of themselves. This isn't unusual - to use a different example, Audrey has been going on about how Ember and then Bode had red curly hair until it was patently obvious that they don't because she wants a child that looks like her. She's said it many times that she wants a red haired child with curls. 

7 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

She was clearly crushed (and didn't make any effort to hide the fact) to learn that Lilah was going to be a dwarf,

I thought she was naturally concerned because as is often stated, dwarfism has health problems associated with it. Crushed? No. Of course, this is a matter of opinion. I'm just not seeing "crushed" or "desperate for a mini me". I do think she wants another child and thats not unusual for conservative religious women but wanting a third child isn't a creepy freakshow. When she's popping out baby six and talking about her quiver not being full, then I will include her in the weirdo file with Michelle Duggar but right now she's what? 30? With her difficulties, I'll honestly be surprised if she has a third or fourth child, and I don't think she's got time in her fertility to produce a whole lotta kids. 

• Love 2

It's one thing to keep trying for the mini-me when a "fail" in that regard is still a normal, healthy child who can expect to live a normal, healthy life.  When you're likely to have yet another special needs child with multiple health challenges, it's time to weigh the benefit of stroking your own ego against the risk to that potential child's welfare.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

When you're likely to have yet another special needs child with multiple health challenges, it's time to weigh the benefit of stroking your own ego against the risk to that potential child's welfare.

Yet this happens all the time. Pop and Honey Roloff stroked their egos after Matt and had three children, two with severe defects. Matt and Amy Roloff stroked their egos after Zach and had two average height kids. 

In Tory and Zach's case, they have a fifty percent chance of having a healthy average height child... but truthfully a dwarf child isn't nightmare of disability. The couple in question isn't poor so their children will not be supported by the public at large so if they want to have more dwarf children or take their chances at average height versus dwarf, its really their problem not mine. 

I see no evidence that Zach or Tory view their children as ego strokes. Those kids are obviously loved. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

It's one thing to keep trying for the mini-me when a "fail" in that regard is still a normal, healthy child who can expect to live a normal, healthy life.  When you're likely to have yet another special needs child with multiple health challenges, it's time to weigh the benefit of stroking your own ego against the risk to that potential child's welfare.

Right there ! Z&T stop being jerkoffs!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

When our kids were small we always encouraged them to do their best, be a good sport and as long as they did that we’d be happy and proud of them.

our kids did well in school and were athletic but it never would have occurred to me to tell people (including strangers)…. that “my kids walk in like they own the place!”

it’s bizarre! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

When our kids were small we always encouraged them to do their best, be a good sport and as long as they did that we’d be happy and proud of them.

our kids did well in school and were athletic but it never would have occurred to me to tell people (including strangers)…. that “my kids walk in like they own the place!”

it’s bizarre! 

I hear you. We did the same here. I wonder if T is sort of over compensating for J because of his challenges. so any time he has an attitude of swagger or mojo, she is thrilled, hoping that will stay with him as he interacts with the world. I sure hope it does but that also can be tricky - meaning that he isn't in for huge disappointment when the world doesn't appreciate that attitude. I get what I think she is doing, but the world can be so cruel. As mentioned here, you also risk turning your kid into a brat, regardless of size.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, seasons said:

I hear you. We did the same here. I wonder if T is sort of over compensating for J because of his challenges. so any time he has an attitude of swagger or mojo, she is thrilled, hoping that will stay with him as he interacts with the world. I sure hope it does but that also can be tricky - meaning that he isn't in for huge disappointment when the world doesn't appreciate that attitude. I get what I think she is doing, but the world can be so cruel. As mentioned here, you also risk turning your kid into a brat, regardless of size.

I wish Jackson the best and I get it that Tori worries and wants him to be confident but I don’t think this is the way to go about it.

I think like ANY child, dwarf or not it’s best to praise and encourage them when they’re good and discourage inappropriate behaviour…. I don’t see how boasting and bragging on social media that he “walks in like he owns the place” is a good idea.

I doubt that Lilah will ever be the type of child who walks in like she owns the place yet Tori is making it seem like that’s a big deal and the most important thing.

eventually they’ll both be able to read what Tori’s been posting.

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

and here we go again… over sharing… JMO but there was no need to share the fact that he had a meltdown…. He’s four, he was tired but he got through it… no need to trumpet it on social media. 🙄

26 minutes ago, seasons said:

Ugh. Why post this? 

Exactly

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

There is a theory among some parents that you need to build up a child's self-esteem as much as possible because the world will try to tear it down.  From my experience in education, children with an inflated sense of themselves need to be frequently reminded that they are no more entitled than the rest of the class or they get out of hand easily.  Tori should already know this so it's surprising she's taking on the "own it" philosophy.  I'm guessing it's in reaction to Jackson having dwarfism, but it's quite likely going to backfire and Jackson will be the one carrying that burden.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

There is a theory among some parents that you need to build up a child's self-esteem as much as possible because the world will try to tear it down.  From my experience in education, children with an inflated sense of themselves need to be frequently reminded that they are no more entitled than the rest of the class or they get out of hand easily.  Tori should already know this so it's surprising she's taking on the "own it" philosophy.  I'm guessing it's in reaction to Jackson having dwarfism, but it's quite likely going to backfire and Jackson will be the one carrying that burden.  

I agree.

Although she didn’t teach for long, she has the education. Admittedly,  book learning doesn’t always mimic real life. It can also be difficult for some to apply knowledge to their own children.

That said, many things Tori posts do not reflect well upon HER. The post about Jackson being upset during drop off at school is the most recent example. Common sense can’t be taught, unfortunately.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I’m not sure I agree with that method for the very reasons you mentioned and the thing is she’s not really building up Jackson’s self confidence by boasting to strangers on social media.

Does she also sit Jackson down and tell him “wow I loved it how you rolled into that skate board park like you owned the place!” Or “Good job Jackson, you marched in that classroom like you owned the joint!”

I hope not but who knows 

To me it seems even crazier coming from a teacher… as you said “Tori should know this”

• Love 2

and here we go again… over sharing… JMO but there was no need to share the fact that he had a meltdown…. He’s four, he was tired but he got through it… no need to trumpet it on social media.

Actually it was kind of nice to hear something other than Jackson is perfect in all ways. The show does this kid no favors in encouraging the spoiling by parents and grand parents. And lets be honest, meltdowns are normal. What surprises me here is that Tory didn't give in to the whim of keeping him home from preschool simply because he was cranky and wanted cuddles. 

I think like ANY child, dwarf or not it’s best to praise and encourage them when they’re good and discourage inappropriate behaviour…. I don’t see how boasting and bragging on social media that he “walks in like he owns the place” is a good idea.

Is it the phrasing that bothers you? I get what her reasoning is, she wants him to be confident going into new places without worrying what people will think due to his dwarfism or appearance. Would it sound better if she was saying "Jackson is so confident going to new places, I love that he's not worried about how people will react to him and can have fun doing new things without being anxious"? I really don't think she's actively encouraging him to think "This place belongs to me!" or anything silly like that. I think she's wanting him to be strong in a world that eats up the different and spits them out. 

Mind you, I totally understand hating the phrase "he owned the place" - tory overuses it over everything it seems like. My pet phrase to hate with kids "He/She has an old soul" - and Jackson gets this one too and like, no, he's a toddler who can barely not shit himself. He's not having deep thought about anything as he gazes over the farm. 

• Love 3

It seems to me that Jackson's parents didn't bother to care if he had an appropriate amount of sleep last weekend. He was still quite tired for school on Monday. My opinion is that they were irresponsible in this case. When I was growing up and when my children were school age, it was always a priority that we had enough rest/come down time and sleep to be ready for school on Monday. A child can't "go" on an adult's schedule.

• Love 5

I mean sure, but then we get into the whole notion of whether people are allowed to occasionally make mistakes. Tory admits that on this particular occasion the kid wasn't well rested. Is she *forever* an irresponsible bad parent who five years from now will be getting "remember that time she took Jackson to preschool and he was difficult due to lack of sleep? Bad parent!"?  Because honestly every parent sometimes makes mistakes. Looks to me like she identified where she went wrong and didn't make it worse by caving in to the behavior and rewarding Jackson for being difficult.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

It seems to me that Jackson's parents didn't bother to care if he had an appropriate amount of sleep last weekend. He was still quite tired for school on Monday. My opinion is that they were irresponsible in this case. When I was growing up and when my children were school age, it was always a priority that we had enough rest/come down time and sleep to be ready for school on Monday. A child can't "go" on an adult's schedule.

But he had to pose for the pics at the football game for his mother's gram!  A little reality star's work is never done...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I think in these situations Lilah gets carried a lot so shoes go by the wayside.  I would be concerned with her stepping on a stone, cigarette or a sharp object so would be putting shoes on her in any case.  

That would take effort and Zach is a lot like his mom.

• Love 3