Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

That was also the case with Jeremy and Audrey after years of both of them facing unrelenting criticism from forums like this over their parenting skills (or lack of same.

They only had one child when they quit the show. I don’t think she was even 2 yet..

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

They only had one child when they quit the show. I don’t think she was even 2 yet..

As I recall, there were incessant posts about Audrey's pregnancy and the immediate aftermath of Ember's birth when Audrey was experiencing breastfeeding issues. 

I also recall, there were frequent negative remarks about Jeremy's skill (or lack of it) while remodeling their kitchen. 

Finally, if I recall correctly, there were ongoing and continuing negative references to Audrey about how she interacted with Tori,Amy and Matt.

They couldn't WAIT to flee from filming the show and, as with ZiT, It's impossible to believe they'd ever appear on camera again (if the show even survives).

• Like 3
(edited)

Yes, well, you don't wait until the child is grown to have leg surgery for bowed legs.  Both Matt and Zach were young children when they had it done.  Jen and Bill Arnold, too.  Was it tough on them - and their parents?  Sure.  But they were then able to function and grow up normally as a result.  Mature, responsible parents do the "tough."

As for Jer and Auj, I know they were getting a lot of hate on Reddit among other places and still are all these years after they left the show; the LPBW sub is mostly hate posts about Auj in particular.  I think they're the rantings of just a few sick people who are for some reason in control there, but I can see it deterring them...

They also rant about Matt.  Amy and Tori fare much better, again for whatever strange reason.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 1
On 4/6/2024 at 4:50 PM, ginger90 said:

not anything about their parenting.

Certainly not arguing, but recall Audrey being chastised for allowing Ember to do what some viewers considered to be "dangerous" things (like the NUMEROUS occasions when Tori is found lacking for the same reason).  Of course, with ZiT, they have special needs children with special challenges.  Audrey and Jeremy did not have to deal with that but, it seemed to me, whatever Audrey (mostly her) did, or didn't do was brought into question by the viewers.

The point I was trying to make is that in BOTH cases (ZiT and jeremy/audrey), the incessant criticism of all 4 parents, on many levels, drove them away from filming the show as soon as they could establish some financial way to survive maintaining their lifestyle without the TLC check.

• Like 1
(edited)

Again, from what I understand, ZiT didn't leave the show voluntarily although of course they're trying to put that spin on it for damage control.  Either the show is ending (Amy was also rumored to want out, as was Caryn) OR they were told their sparkling personalities and scintillating conversation were no longer wanted.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3

I’m trying to see how this show could possibly continue without Zach and Tori. Not that they were Oscar-worthy material, but they definitely managed to draw people in. Yep, often for the wrong reasons but hey, negative attention is still attention!

Imagine a show with just Matt, Amy and their partners… is there even a story to be told from just that perspective? You’d need the bigger family for interesting interaction and content, but they’ve now all stepped away. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I’m trying to see how this show could possibly continue without Zach and Tori. Not that they were Oscar-worthy material, but they definitely managed to draw people in. Yep, often for the wrong reasons but hey, negative attention is still attention!

Imagine a show with just Matt, Amy and their partners… is there even a story to be told from just that perspective? You’d need the bigger family for interesting interaction and content, but they’ve now all stepped away. 

Again, ZiT didn't "step away."  Either the show is being cancelled or they're been fired.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dibs said:

Again, ZiT didn't "step away."  Either the show is being cancelled or they're been fired.

...or maybe both, haha!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Dibs said:

Again, from what I understand, ZiT didn't leave the show voluntarily although of course they're trying to put that spin on it for damage control.  Either the show is ending (Amy was also rumored to want out, as was Caryn) OR they were told their sparkling personalities and scintillating conversation were no longer wanted.

May I ask what other details you may have about reaching that conclusion?  

• Like 2
(edited)

It isn't a "conclusion"; it's what I heard/read (that ZiT is not returning, and not due to their own decision).  My "theories" are that either the show is ending (due to my also having heard/read that both Amy and Caryn want out OR that they were singled out to not return if the show IS continuing; "theory" there would be that ZiT alone without farm interaction is snooze-ville).  Those are all the "details" I have.  No insider info; sorry!

Edited by Dibs
  • Useful 1
(edited)

On page 80, there is a video of their first podcast. They were discussing whether they were coming back to the show and Zack said that they had not been asked back but regardless if they were asked back or not they were done with the show. So take it however way you want. They weren't asked back but they decided not to come back. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Maybe they wanted to show the most loving couple and it’ll just be  Matt and MYMAN on the show! 😊Seriously though, I think it’s time to retire this show

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)
34 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Zack said that they had not been asked back but regardless if they were asked back or not they were done with the show. So take it however way you want. They weren't asked back but they decided not to come back. 

Oh, please...  ZiT are the masters of sour grapes.  Have you missed them saying they don't like the farm anymore, either; their swampland back yard is so much better?  You can't fire them...  They quit!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Watching Zach, Tori, and their 3 kids camp out in their backyard is not entertaining at all and neither is Amy, Chris, Matt and Caryn planning a fundraiser. Last weeks episode was a real snooze. I can’t see anyway this show continues after this season.

• Like 11

I wish they'd just show the old seasons, going way back.  Now THAT would be entertaining -- in retrospect!

• Applause 1
54 minutes ago, Dibs said:

Oh, please...  ZiT are the masters of sour grapes.  Have you missed them saying they don't like the farm anymore, either; their swampland back yard is so much better?  You can't fire them...  They quit!

I agree with you. I was responding to another poster who asked how you reached the conclusion that ZIT was not asked back on the show. 

• Like 1
On 4/8/2024 at 4:32 PM, Dibs said:

I wish they'd just show the old seasons, going way back.  Now THAT would be entertaining -- in retrospect!

I’ve been doing a rewatch, it was a pretty entertaining show at one time!

• Like 5
(edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 4:58 PM, b4pjoe said:

Watching Zach, Tori, and their 3 kids camp out in their backyard is not entertaining at all and neither is Amy, Chris, Matt and Caryn planning a fundraiser. Last weeks episode was a real snooze.

I only watch this show about every 18 months, but I saw that ep and thought, "Is this a repeat? Haven't we seen both of those things before?" 

I don't think it is character-specific. The show has been on a while, and we have seen about all the permutations we can see from this group of people.

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 5
On 4/8/2024 at 3:58 PM, b4pjoe said:

Watching Zach, Tori, and their 3 kids camp out in their backyard is not entertaining at all and neither is Amy, Chris, Matt and Caryn planning a fundraiser. Last weeks episode was a real snooze. I can’t see anyway this show continues after this season.

True @b4pjoe, but watching Caryn tiptoe around Amy and her moods, and watching them all deal with setting up for the fund raiser and Amy sticking her nose in and getting Jacob (who we don't see) to clear out the barn before Matt was ready and move stuff all around was awesome. And Caryn at lunch with her friend was interesting. I think everyone's patience with ZiT is wearing thin. Caryn is over it all, and Matt isn't far behind. And how long before Zach ruins the brand new building by letting adored Jackson kick hard soccer balls at the walls. I predict a broken window in 3-2-....

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Poor ZiT trying to recreate the farm and all the good times they had there on their own little property.  Where are the chickens?

Funny that Zach tries to push the narrative that the kids all dislike Matt and Caryn.  No Zach it’s only you and your wife.  Jacob works for Matt, Audrey has posted pics of her kids at the farm not too long ago and Caryn and Matt just came back from visiting Molly.  Grow up you boob!

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
(edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, Dibs said:

It isn't a "conclusion"; it's what I heard/read (that ZiT is not returning, and not due to their own decision).  My "theories" are that either the show is ending (due to my also having heard/read that both Amy and Caryn want out OR that they were singled out to not return if the show IS continuing; "theory" there would be that ZiT alone without farm interaction is snooze-ville).  Those are all the "details" I have.  No insider info; sorry!

Amy said on one of her IG LIVES with Mae West that the show was ending and that she was looking for a job as a substitute teacher.

That was a while back because we know she's been substitute teaching for several months.

Edited by Harry Wails
  • Like 7
(edited)

Did anyone else catch Jackson saying, "Wait, we're going to Idaho AGAIN?"  

Zach and Tori's storyline reminds me of "Little House on the Prairie," no pun intended.  Just a small (again, no pun intended) nuclear family trying to survive in the hostile wilderness, isolated from the world, having only each other for consolation.  Do they have any interaction with other people?  I think Zach is treating Jackson like a peer and contemporary because he's lonely.  Does he have any friends who don't live out of state?  Most men have work buddies, but of course not Zach.  I think he actually misses his father and two brothers.

I notice he kept saying Tori "let" him handle the outbuilding, too.

FREE ZACH!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Do the kids go to school or are they homeschooled? 

Jackson (first grade) and Lilah ( preschool) go to school. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I always get kinda sad that the weekend goes by so quickly, so I tried to figure out ways to make 48 minutes feel like 48 hours.  Naturally, I decided to listen to Raising my blood pressure Heights with Zach and Tori, a parenting podcast 😐

I was unable to sit through an entire podcast episode, but I did skip around, and listened to bits of a few episodes.  Below are some magical nuggets from our favorite couple (I readily admit I could have missed some parts of these things because I zoned out)

• Zach and Tori are NOT lazy.  How do we know, because they said so!
  • Zach and Tori have JOBS! Podcasting is HARD!  Raising children is hard (I agree).  Zach, when Tori wasn’t interrupting, tried to point out the commenter probably meant they don’t have traditional jobs (like 9-5).  Zach probably deciphered that because the comment said you don’t have traditional jobs
  • Their house is NOT dirty…Zach goes as far as saying it’s NOT messy either. Tori admits it’s sometimes messy, then throws Amy/Matt under the bus, and says Zach grew up in a MESSY house (in case we didn’t know)
  • They DO NOT have help with the children, then immediately follow up with they have a babysitter and Amy helps sometimes.  I’m guessing they meant they don’t have a nanny everyday or something of that sort.
  • Tori gets a lot of encouragement from other moms when Jackson accomplishes things (like scoring a soccer goal).  It could be because he’s a LP, but it could also be he’s AWESOME, WONDERFUL, CHARISMATIC, and other children flock to him! They don’t ask her when he reaches milestones and thinks it could be because he’s LP. 
  • Zach and Tori are NOT millionaires! Zach follows Dave Ramsey’s financial philosophy (Guess, Dave doesn’t feed his dinner guests). 
  • Tori initially did not want to be filmed because she didn’t want to be known as the girl that broke Zach Roloff’s heart! So, what changed her mind?  FREE TRIP TO AUSTRALIA!!! I guess that was her first time on the show, but Zach seemed confused by this and thought she was on the show before that.  Tori, did you just break Zach Roloff’s heart on a podcast??? 🤭
  • The show offered hair and makeup, but Amy and Molly never wanted that.  Tori said the show sent her to take makeup classes (I tuned out , but I think maybe she said she didn’t learn much)
  • Tori does NOT like when people tell her the kids are doing certain things because they are LP.   Example: Lilah squats a certain way and someone (maybe Amy?) says she does that because she’s a dwarf.  Tori says NO!  It’s because she’s Lilah not because she’s a LP.  Zach almost immediately says: That’s a dwarf squat! 🙃
  • The kids show up and “takeover” the show.  Jackson is playing host and starts asking questions he wrote himself like what’s your favorite color? What’s your favorite food? What’s your favorite plant? What’s your favorite part of the Bible? (The only answers I remember are the Bible ones. Tori said her favorite was the woman, who is not forgotten.  Although Tori forgot the woman’s name 😐.  Even Zach was like shouldn’t you remember, if it’s your favorite 🤭. Lilah said her favorite part of the Bible is Santa!! Tori and Zach remind her Santa is not in the Bible. 
  • Jackson asked Zach why he drools at night time.  Zach seems a bit taken aback.  Jackson then points out Zach has drool all over his pillowcases.  (I fast forwarded this because I had secondhand embarrassment)
  • Lilah is allowed to say a few other things (I’m not sure if they finally got her some help or it’s just because she’s almost 5, but I could understand a few things she said.  I have no idea how much or well average 5 year olds talk).  Josiah sits in a slobber-covered shirt and seems more interested in pretty much anything else. Tori seems mildly irritated by this, but I have no idea why they think a 4.5 year old and a 1.5 year old would want to be guests on a podcast.  There’s kinda two shows going on at the same time at this point: one where Zach is talking to Jackson and the other is Tori trying to keep Lilah and Josiah on the sofa and remotely interested.

I will say Zach would occasionally make a few good points, he comes across better on the podcast than on the show, but I feel like Tori interrupts him quite a bit.  Maybe if you have small children, you can get through these, but I was bored. 

Edited by Irate Panda
Jackson pointed out Zach’s drool I wrote Zach pointed out Zach’s drool
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

xample: Lilah squats a certain way and someone (maybe Amy?) says she does that because she’s a dwarf. 

The Little Couples' kids did that. It was cute. They just squat down without having to balance themselves. 

• Like 4
On 4/19/2024 at 9:46 PM, babyhouseman said:

The Little Couples' kids did that. It was cute. They just squat down without having to balance themselves. 

They don’t have to bend their knees and just go down with straight legs and back up.  Amazing.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

They don’t have to bend their knees and just go down with straight legs and back up.  Amazing.

Rewatched some old episodes when sick. Surfing in Hawaii (I think) Zach was the best of the group. He attributes it to low center of gravity.

36 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Rewatched some old episodes when sick. Surfing in Hawaii (I think) Zach was the best of the group. He attributes it to low center of gravity.

this is true and having a empty head helps.LOL

• LOL 8
(edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 5:17 PM, Endora said:

Poor ZiT trying to recreate the farm and all the good times they had there on their own little property.  Where are the chickens?

It's sadly pathetic. Zach is always going on and on about the farm. First, for a place that no longer holds any interest for him, he sure talks about it a lot. And it isn't about the farm Zach you total tool. You're depriving your kids of their grandparents. Like Caryn said (paraphrasing) we're here ready to offer the fun and the love. If Zach wants nothing to do with his father fine. Drop Jackson and Lilah off on a Saturday morning and go pick them up Sunday night. Or whatever. 

Just stop being a dick.

Edited by OLynn33
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Matt said that they regularly see their other 5 grandchildren on the farm. Zach said that there is no interest in the farm. Jackson doesn't ask to go. I'll bet if Zach said to Jackson hey do you want to spend the day on the farm with grandpa and ChaCha?  Remember the airplane that grandpa had built just for you?  That kid would jump at the chance. But Zit's pride gets in the way of his kids growing up with a loving relationship with grandparents. Even Amy and Chris said that they kids don't visit like they used to and they are discussing moving away. Chris wants to move to Idaho. 

It's interesting that the last few episodes have included scenes with the young Roloff kids playing on the farm. Zach talks about his time as a child growing up on the farm as almost magical. But he and Tori have chosen to deny their children this experience. Instead he buys a small tractor and rides them around the backyard that he pretends is a farm. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It's interesting that the last few episodes have included scenes with the young Roloff kids playing on the farm.

That has been some highly effective and very intentional editing on TLC's part.  It's pulled on my heart strings a few times for sure thinking of the regret that will no doubt hit Zach once his anger subsides.  Right now he's too busy trying really hard to convince himself that his kids are better off and aren't missing a thing.  It's the classic biting off one's nose to spite one's face move. 

I am sure Zach has told himself more than once re:Matt "he'll regret this!" not realizing that one day he himself will regret it more.  Especially if the kids are too old at that point to enjoy the farm in the same way.

Edited by Cementhead
added more
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

If Zach wants nothing to do with his father fine. Drop Jackson and Lilah off on a Saturday morning and go pick them up Sunday night. Or whatever. 

I wonder what ZiT's position is on their share of the proceeds of Matt's ESTATE once he passes on...are they also RENOUNCING any interest in reaping the benefits of that part of Matt's role in their lives? 

If they hate him enough to ignore him (thereby causing him and Caryn such emotional distress) they should ALSO RENOUNCE the $$$ FRUITS OF HIS MANY HARD YEARS OF LABOR.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, pdlinda said:

f they hate him enough to ignore him (thereby causing him and Caryn such emotional distress) they should ALSO RENOUNCE the $$$ FRUITS OF HIS MANY HARD YEARS OF LAB

That will never happen. Zit will be front and center with their hand out grabbing their share. I wouldn't put it past them to feel entitled to receive more that the other siblings.  

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Zit will be front and center with their hand out

I agree with you; HOWEVER, I think that ZiT better consider repairing relationships with an effective P.R. effort with the sibs.  For sure, MILLIONS of $$$ are involved.  That farm is worth a lot of $$.

• Like 4

I don't know why, but "reels" from ZiT keep popping up on my FB feed.  In them, they're constantly showing the kids, saying how great their life is, and promising "something really big coming down the turnpike.  Please go away!

• Like 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Dibs said:

I don't know why, but "reels" from ZiT keep popping up on my FB feed.  In them, they're constantly showing the kids, saying how great their life is, and promising "something really big coming down the turnpike.  Please go away!

Glad they “decided” to leave the show, so their kids wouldn’t be filmed.  I mean why ignore your kids wishes about being filmed and split the profits when you can ignore kids wishes and keep all the profits 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4

I've watched the show on and off over the years so please forgive my ignorance.

I was wondering, where do Tori's parents live? I know her mom has been on the show a few times. Do they live closer to Battleground or closer to Hillsboro? Also, does Tori have any siblings? They hardly ever mention her family.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, applewood said:

I've watched the show on and off over the years so please forgive my ignorance.

I was wondering, where do Tori's parents live? I know her mom has been on the show a few times. Do they live closer to Battleground or closer to Hillsboro? Also, does Tori have any siblings? They hardly ever mention her family.

IIRC Tori has a brother I think her family is near Portland so I guess they’re closer to Hillsboro.

(edited)

Tori's parents moved from Washington to Oregon to be closer to the kids and be part of her "support team" (babysitting staff).  Then ZiT up and moved to Washington!  Last we heard, they were planning to uproot -- once again -- to follow them back there.

In other news, Amy posted a Mother's Day photo on her IG taken with just Jeremy and Jacob.  Reportedly, she got only a phone call from not only Molly, who after all lives quite far away and works a full-time job, but also Zach.  Guess that was yet another day to "appreciate" Tori?

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Guess that was yet another day to "appreciate" Tori?

Maybe Tori can lobby to make it a national holiday: National Tori Appreciation Day. 

Nothing better than using SM to make money by showing the world what a terrible parent you are. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 5/17/2024 at 6:39 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Maybe Tori can lobby to make it a national holiday: National Tori Appreciation Day. 

It may not be a national holiday, but I have a feeling it's EVERY day.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I'm hoping this TLC franchise goes away.

I feel about 90 per cent certain it's dead.  That last episode was a finale if I've  seen one.  They haven't filmed since that one was filmed.  

• Like 6