Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I saw a video recently about this being done (as an experiment) to adults in a professional environment. They all hated it and found it demeaning and degrading and led to less productivity on the job.

Yep. And why would anyone think it's different with kids? I've seen many variations- weekly or daily punch cards, red-light, yellow-light green light, "clip" downs, class dojo, named teddy bears on top of the mountain on a bulletin board. If a child misbehaves, their bear starts to fall down the mountain. It usually doesn't work, causes anxiety, isn't confidential and is demeaning. Jackson does seem like an active, typically developing child. He is very loved, but may have a difficult time with being told "no" or learning to share and wait turns. That will come in time.

Edited by BAForever
  • Love 2
On 10/29/2022 at 10:39 AM, BAForever said:

And why would anyone think it's different with kids? I've seen many variations- weekly or daily punch cards, red-light, yellow-light green light, "clip" downs, class dojo, named teddy bears on top of the mountain on a bulletin board. If a child misbehaves, their bear starts to fall down the mountain. It usually doesn't work, causes anxiety, isn't confidential and is demeaning.

I actually agree with you but I think the problem is as simple as the difference between adults and children. If my boss has an issue with me for a behavior reason, there's time in the day where I can be taken aside and get spoken to in a respectful manner about how my behavior needs to change, without my being publically called out in front of my coworkers as a bad employee misbehaving. In fact, unless I am doing something unsafe or being threatening, my boss is in a whole lot of trouble for not dealing with me privately.

My boss doesn't actually have 25-40 employees unlike a school teacher, and since we're adults, we can all be left alone without supervision, while a school teacher can't step out with one kid for ten minutes and leave the class alone while discipline happens privately and confidentially. God forbid a male teacher take a female child under ten into a private room alone for any reason. 

I agree that its not a great system to use public shaming basically, I just don't know that there's a workable option. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Redrum said:

I actually agree with you but I think the problem is as simple as the difference between adults and children. If my boss has an issue with me for a behavior reason, there's time in the day where I can be taken aside and get spoken to in a respectful manner about how my behavior needs to change, without my being publically called out in front of my coworkers as a bad employee misbehaving. In fact, unless I am doing something unsafe or being threatening, my boss is in a whole lot of trouble for not dealing with me privately.

My boss doesn't actually have 25-40 employees unlike a school teacher, and since we're adults, we can all be left alone without supervision, while a school teacher can't step out with one kid for ten minutes and leave the class alone while discipline happens privately and confidentially. God forbid a male teacher take a female child under ten into a private room alone for any reason. 

I agree that its not a great system to use public shaming basically, I just don't know that there's a workable option. 

Redrum, love your thoughtful post. Agree there are differences between workplace and school. I could write pages on classroom management, suffice to say the best way I have seen to "manage" behaviors in working with students is to build a sense of community and relationships, treat all with respect, assume good intentions and communicate well and honestly. Usually works with kids and in the workplace. Your point is taken, nothing works in every situation.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TipseyGirl said:

So, two parents needed help getting three kids ready for Trick-or-Treating. Mmmkay.

I think Tori and Zach are morons, but don't fault them for having help if they can get it. When my boys were small, Halloween was always hectic and my parents came by to offer extra hands.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I think Tori and Zach are morons, but don't fault them for having help if they can get it. When my boys were small, Halloween was always hectic and my parents came by to offer extra hands.

Plus maybe they just wanted to include Amy in the fun?

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Some grandmas love Halloween. I’ve been with my grandkids for every one except 2020. Yes, it’s hectic with the ones too young to help themselves get ready so Amy probably wanted to be there and her help was appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Maybe I’m just imagining things, but I suspect much of the look at Amy with the kids, is sort of in your face that Matt is not allowed to be be with the kids.  To me Zach and Tori are a spiteful couple who would think that’s payback.  I hope I’ll wrong, but everything they do now seems vindictive.

The kids and Amy  were very cute.  Amy seems happy.  Matt’s loss is her gain, I guess.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Maybe I’m just imagining things, but I suspect much of the look at Amy with the kids, is sort of in your face that Matt is not allowed to be be with the kids. 

I gave up on this show several years ago, but I check in periodically to see what's going on with the family. Why isn't Matt allowed to be with the kids? 

• Love 1

Perhaps Matt should have been more circumspect in how he talked to two of his children.  I tend to think he was quite unkind to both sons for them both to have had similar reactions.  At minimum Matt needs to apologize since he obviously hurt their feelings.  He keeps talking about how the boys have to come around.  Well they don't and they may never until Matt figures out how he mishandled the situation and does some course correction.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Why isn't Matt allowed to be with the kids? 

He is allowed to be with the kids.

Zach and Tory decided they aren't bringing the kids over to the farm for free daycare after the whole bruhaha last season where Matt made it clear he would never sell to Zach because he has a very low opinion of Zach. Zach and Tory specifically are restricting Matt from lengthy visits because Caryn is really the caregiver in those scenarios and they are also upset with Caryn's attitude and comments towards them. Matt can drive over and see the kids as he likes, he's just not welcome to have them on the farm or for overnight stays and Caryn is no longer always on the invite list when Zach and Tory invite Matt over. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I suppose there are varying descriptions of the disagreement Matt and Zach had about the offer that Zach made on the farm.  My understanding from watching all that was said on the show about it, was that Zach’s offer was not high enough and was rejected by Matt. (At the meeting were Matt, Caryn, Zach and Tori)  Zach and Tori were upset that their offer was rejected and there were words exchanged.  Tori thought her husband was not addressed properly.  Caryn said they should end the meeting and Zach and Tori were not pleased she was there.  Subsequently, Matt thought it was all for the best, since it has been proven neither Tori or Zach really want to work on the farm, so he would have still had the majority of the work to do.  Plus, financially, Matt didn’t think it was fair to sell to Zach at a low price, as that would not be fair to the other children, who didn’t get a great deal.  

Zach and Tori were not amused.  Zach thought he should get the farm for what he offered.  I mean he did have the dwarf children who were super close to Matt and Caryn.  So, Zach and Tori stopped most communication, sold their house and moved to Washington state pretty quick.  And, then Zach and Tori began talking about how much happier they are  without Matt, Caryn and the farm.  They have allowed Matt to come to their house for short visits, but the treatment is cold.  You can tell the grandkids are even indifferent to him. Not like before.  Now Amy gets all the grandkid fun.  Zach and Tori claim the kids don’t care that they don’t visit Matt or Caryn that much.. Zach said tonight that Jackson doesn’t remember the farm.  Ha!  What a piece of something he is.  

I won’t address Jeremy, as he’s not on the show.  If he wanted the farm at a very low price and couldn’t get it, I suppose he left in a huff too. 

I am of the opinion that Zach and Tori are very spoiled, lazy and entitled brats.  I can barely stand to watch the show due to them.  And, there’re still at it this season.  Tonight, Amy seemed to egg them on.  I’m starting to dislike her again.  Amy should shut up, about the farm sale, since she didn’t volunteer to split her property equity with any of the adult kids.  It’s ridiculous she is critical that Matt didn’t give his equity to Zach.  And even if the offer was improperly rejected by Matt, why use your children as revenge tools?  They did nothing wrong. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 1

I also think Zack and Tori expected more than the others since they are the only family of the four on the show.  For which I'm sure they are paid handsomely.

Matt's always thought Amy raised spoiled, entitled kids.  That's an age old theme going on there.

Amy never thought her share of the property would shoot up in value like it and all property did.  She got top dollar for her half now wines it wasn't more and expects Matt to give his share away willingly while Amy's $$$ rests in her grubby little hands.

Matt's always been power hungry and Amy money hungry.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Apparently more went on than was on the show.  Matt and Caryn made some very disparaging comments to both sons.  They were the kind of things parents don't say to their kids if they want to maintain a good relationship with the kids.  Plus if Matt sold the property, he'd have no need or business continuing to be involved with it.  That's what selling it is all about.  Caryn not being family or an owner had no business in the meeting and definitely not in piling on the kids IMO.   I've seen families fall apart over less.  Matt is no innocent in this even if he now pretends to be.

I agree Amy should have nothing to say at this point about the sale of the farm or if she does need to say something it should be private with the son involved.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Apparently more went on that was on the show.  Matt and Caryn made some very disparaging comments to both sons.  They were the kind of things parents don't say to their kids if they want to maintain a good relationship with the kids.  Plus if Matt sold the property, he'd have no need or business continuing to be involved with it.  That's what selling it is all about.  Caryn not being family or an owner had not business in the meeting and definitely not in piling on the kids IMO.   I've seen families fall apart over less.  Matt is no innocent in this even if he now pretends to be.

I agree Amy should have nothing to say at this point about the sale of the farm or if she does need to say something it should be private with the son involved.  

What did they say and who is saying that this happened? Seems to me that if true, Zach and Tori would have no problem telling the world to bolster their side and prove what a POS Matt is. I can't see them holding back to protect him. I do agree that Caryn should have had no part in it. None.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

What did they say and who is saying that this happened? Seems to me that if true, Zach and Tori would have no problem telling the world to bolster their side and prove what a POS Matt is. I can't see them holding back to protect him. I do agree that Caryn should have had no part in it. None.

I wish they had taped the meeting.  Zach and Tori are so insulted, why not out with it?  I’m basing my reaction to them, really based on what they have claimed.  

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

What did they say and who is saying that this happened?

The what has been kept somewhat secret as it happened during the negotiations, but the who is Zach, Tory, with Caryn corroborating that things got heated. 

I personally would love to know what was said - Tory was pretty clearly deeply offended - but there's two things that happen if they give direct quotes. 

One faction of fandom calls them liars and also calls them out for being ungrateful and disrespectful for daring to reveal Matt's bad side. I think the reality is that the Roloff kids do keep Matt's major secrets and don't usually publicly call him out as part of the family unity... a gesture he does not return. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Well, Amy did enough revealing of Matt’s so called bad sad for all I suppose.  Lol. I think a lot of who they ALL are has been revealed on the show from their own mouths.  🥴(Referring to those on the episodes.) Especially, Zach and Tori.  

• Love 4

New to this sh******, but have been bingeing past seasons. Not a single likeable person in the bunch, except for Molly who escaped and maybe a kid or 2. That being said, what the heck was up with Tori's makeup during the "major abdominal surgery"?

She went into labor overnight. Doesn't she wash her face at bedtime? Yuck. 

The controversy over the farm is the only storyline keeping this show going, so I expect it will continue. A body-language expert would have a field day with Zach. He talks about being over the farm sale and his relationship with his dad with arms folded and tense face. He is far from over it.

Hope Tori is done having babies, she looked healthier before she became part of the dwarf tribe.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe I’m just imagining things, but I suspect much of the look at Amy with the kids, is sort of in your face that Matt is not allowed to be be with the kids.  To me Zach and Tori are a spiteful couple who would think that’s payback.  I hope I’ll wrong, but everything they do now seems vindictive.

So obvious Z&T now kissing Amy’s butt since they broke ties with M&C.  Hope Amy has a brain enough to see thru their BS.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

66257462-860F-4863-A5CC-F5DB5016B82C.jpeg

F819EF78-277A-4E6B-A979-43A04B446462.jpeg

So, is Tori saying that she can’t relate to her children and that she feels sorry for them?  She might not want to broadcast that.  I think I know what she meant, but it sounds bad to me.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

That's sad. I have fond memories of where my grandparents lived. I agree that Caryn shouldn't have been part of it. 

The way Zach said it led me to believe that it was wishful thinking on his part and said to hurt Matt.  Probably, not even true.  As close as Jackson was to Matt and Caryn, it’s likely he asked to see them many times after his parents put a stop to it.  Alienation from Matt and Caryn takes a special kind of cruelty, imo.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Redrum said:

He is allowed to be with the kids.

Zach and Tory decided they aren't bringing the kids over to the farm for free daycare after the whole bruhaha last season where Matt made it clear he would never sell to Zach because he has a very low opinion of Zach. Zach and Tory specifically are restricting Matt from lengthy visits because Caryn is really the caregiver in those scenarios and they are also upset with Caryn's attitude and comments towards them. Matt can drive over and see the kids as he likes, he's just not welcome to have them on the farm or for overnight stays and Caryn is no longer always on the invite list when Zach and Tory invite Matt over. 

I kept seeing Caryn over and over and couldn't place her til I realized you're referring to CA-CHING. 

Supposedly she's quitting the show too....I know all of ya'll are sad at this news.

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, is Tori that she can’t relate to her children and that she feels sorry for them?  She might not want to broadcast that.  I think I know what she meant, but it sounds bad to me.  

That is MESSED UP. For her to say that she'll "never be able to relate to [her] kids and can only sympathize" - wow. Like something is wrong with them. Of all the things she could have said, that's what she comes up with? How about ... they will have challenges in life, but Zach and I will guide them. The real challenge is having three kids under the age of 5, not their stature. Or maybe talk about how much she's learned about little people through this experience, and they're just people too. I wonder what her husband thinks of this response.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Screenshot from a video of Josiah laying on the floor with his face and mouth on Murphy’s feet….  I mean come on, I love Murphy but he runs around the yard in the area where the chickens shit when they’re out of their coop and she lets Josiah lay there like that, at least pick him up and place him in a better position before taking a video! 🙄

2B4EAA88-8D5D-432A-A756-A4C67CB6A7E0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The way Zach said it led me to believe that it was wishful thinking on his part and said to hurt Matt.  Probably, not even true.  As close as Jackson was to Matt and Caryn, it’s likely he asked to see them many times after his parents put a stop to it.  Alienation from Matt and Caryn takes a special kind of cruelty, imo.  

Demeaning your son in front of his wife and your girlfriend also takes a special kind of cruelty and meanness of spirit.  Letting your girlfriend demean your son is another level of maliciousness IMO.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sharla said:

Demeaning your son in front of his wife and your girlfriend also takes a special kind of cruelty and meanness of spirit.  Letting your girlfriend demean your son is another level of maliciousness IMO.  

Agreed. I wonder, too, if Caryn's comments included something ableist about Zach's, and possibly his children's, dwarfism. That would also explain why they wouldn't want her around their children.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I can't see Caryn expressing discriminatory or prejudicial remarks about about Zach and his children because of their dwarfism.  She doesn't give off cruel or hatefull vibes at least to me. And nothing that Zach or Tori have said about her indicates that she said or did anything of this nature.  Whatever their problems are with Caryn I don't think this is it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I can't see Caryn expressing discriminatory or prejudicial remarks about about Zach and his children because of their dwarfism.  She doesn't give off cruel or hatefull vibes at least to me. And nothing that Zach or Tori have said about her indicates that she said or did anything of this nature.  Whatever their problems are with Caryn I don't think this is it. 

There's been absolutely no indication that the disagreement was about anything other than the farm sale and that the conversation was heated but hey maybe we should all sit around and speculate on what Chris says behind closed doors, maybe he likes to insult dwarves and make ugly comments about dwarf children.... it's not beyond the realm of possibility. 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Please refer to something that was actually shown that makes this theory viable.

Nothing that's been said supports such accusations and you can bet if Caryn had insulted dwarves or dwarf children Zach and Tori would be all over social media bitching, hollering calling her out.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

There's been absolutely no indication that the disagreement was about anything other than the farm sale and that the conversation was heated but hey maybe we should all sit around and speculate on what Chris says behind closed doors, maybe he likes to insult dwarves and make ugly comments about dwarf children.... it's not beyond the realm of possibility. 🤷‍♂️

Chris’s whole new persona of the happiest new step-grampa on earth strikes me as fake, Fake, FAKE!!! … it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he privately avoids contact with the grandkids…. The only time we see him being the jolly step-grampa is when it’s scripted and filmed for the show… I rarely see anything on social media about him going out of his way to be around the kids or grandkids…. He wouldn’t even drag his ass out of bed to drive with her late at night for Josiah’s birth and I didn’t see a single frame of him hanging out with Amy for the few days while she babysat.

he’s the biggest phoney, Chris is all about the TLC cash and doing as little as possible, by contrast Caryn actually looked after those kids on an almost daily basis for hours and overnight visits and Jackson loved her.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2022 at 6:31 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Screenshot from a video of Josiah laying on the floor with his face and mouth on Murphy’s feet….  I mean come on, I love Murphy but he runs around the yard in the area where the chickens shit when they’re out of their coop and she lets Josiah lay there like that, at least pick him up and place him in a better position before taking a video! 🙄

2B4EAA88-8D5D-432A-A756-A4C67CB6A7E0.jpeg

Even Murphy is looking her like PUT THE DAMN CAMERA DOWN AND PICK UP YOUR CHILD! 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Zach says that Caryn involved herself in family business. He said that he blames Matt for dragging her in, but he can forgive family over non family. Caryn didn't read the room properly and overstepped her bounds. She thought her place in the family was much more than it actually was.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Yes, Caryn, the side piece, is a paragon of virtue, lol.

I can completely see Caryn making a comment about Zach not being able to handle the farm work because he's a dwarf who had at the time 2 dwarf children to take care of. That would tie in with Tori's claim that she'd never heard anyone talk to her husband in such a way. Caryn's been Matt's assistant on the farm and knows what work Matt's actually been physically able to do. Not to mention, Matt's been just fine talking about how lazy Zach is, so why would Caryn think it'd be out of line for her to point out that Zach's lazy AND perhaps not physically capable of doing the farm work? Lastly, cognitive dissonance is a very real thing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Libby said:

Zach says that Caryn involved herself in family business. He said that he blames Matt for dragging her in, but he can forgive family over non family. Caryn didn't read the room properly and overstepped her bounds. She thought her place in the family was much more than it actually was.

Zach is an angry, bitter, spoiled brat. Always placing blame on others behavior and actions. Taking no responsibility for his own behavior.  He's dumb and thinks he's entitled. Audrey and Lazy J are smarter than "Elmer Dumbfuck Zach" and his equally lazy wife. 

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2