Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

On 5/3/2022 at 6:01 PM, ginger90 said:

The first picture is a screenshot from a video.

BB8E3170-12CF-41B9-BC0E-F4FF237CE881.jpeg

C28AF156-B288-4637-9980-75BED3261069.jpeg

I'm going to guess that Josiah is an lp. Judging by his hand shape, he has what I think is one of the classic indicators of achondroplasia. It looks like he has the trident hand (or starfish hand) indicator. I could be wrong. Either way, I hope he is happy and healthy. Welcome to the world, little guy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Being from NY,  half a million and up  is not a lot for a home.  At first I thought the baby was not LP but recent pics look like he is LP.  I hope he has a happy life LP or not.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I dunno.  If I were Matt's kid I'd be thinking about splitting up the farm and selling the parcels after Matt dies.

The land and 2 houses plus the farm business are likely worth $3MM+ today.  For example 3 acre parcels, no house, in his neighborhood go for $625K.  

After Matt goes I'd sell it to real estate investors so you could increase your sale value to as much as 50-100%.

Yes, the fairy tale of the farm is gone if you break it up, but beyond Zach, I think that is just a memory for the kids anyway.

About dangling the farm--it could be written in Matt's will that Zach, as the child that has been most engaged with the farm, has the right of first refusal at Matt's passing.  It doesn't mean Matt has to sell him the farm now at the rate he acquired it or at market value.

My mother has talked about this with her home.  The idea is that the 'chosen' offspring is able to say--I want that house and I will buy out my siblings at market value when mother passes.  My sister who likely wants it doesn't get to buy it now (or then) at a discounted rate.

And for that right of first refusal she helps my mom with a few things about the house.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I dunno.  If I were Matt's kid I'd be thinking about splitting up the farm and selling the parcels after Matt dies.

Land use laws in the area forbid that. The big house property can be separated from the wedding barn property because they were originally separate properties, but while it would make a ton of money to break the property into a massive subdivision, its not allowed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

The land and 2 houses plus the farm business are likely worth $3MM+ today.  For example 3 acre parcels, no house, in his neighborhood go for $625K.  

After Matt goes I'd sell it to real estate investors so you could increase your sale value to as much as 50-100%.

Yes, the fairy tale of the farm is gone if you break it up, but beyond Zach, I think that is just a memory for the kids anyway.

About dangling the farm--it could be written in Matt's will that Zach, as the child that has been most engaged with the farm, has the right of first refusal at Matt's passing.  It doesn't mean Matt has to sell him the farm now at the rate he acquired it or at market value.

My mother has talked about this with her home.  The idea is that the 'chosen' offspring is able to say--I want that house and I will buy out my siblings at market value when mother passes.  My sister who likely wants it doesn't get to buy it now (or then) at a discounted rate.

And for that right of first refusal she helps my mom with a few things about the house.

If that's the case, then Matt should most certainly not sell at a discounted rate to one of his kids.  

As I said above, give the child that has invested most time and love in the farm the right of first refusal to buy the farm at market value.  That way the other kids don't lose their inheritance and the kid that wants the farm the most has an opportunity to acquire it. 

Really, this is a non story for me.  And if Zach and Tori really believe they are entitled to a deal at the expense of Zach's siblings, they are stupid and selfish.  Which is possible.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

If that's the case, then Matt should most certainly not sell at a discounted rate to one of his kids.  

Well, he shouldn't sell at a discounted rate regardless - thats his retirement.

That said, he also needs to concede that he is unwilling to sell to his children for anything less than top dollar and prefers a nice profit over one of his kids following in his footsteps and that making a nice profit is much more important to him than creating a legacy on the farm. 

Then he needs to shut up about how he wants the grandkids on the farm because he's made his choice over watching Jackson etc grow up on the farm versus a nice sum in the bank. That's all - he's made his choice, I respect the profit factor, I can't say I'd make a different choice... but I would stop the public guilt games over how disappointed I am that no one wants to live my dream. 

• Love 10

WOCB is saying in one of Jacob' posts ,that's been removed, that he's helping get the farm ready for sale.I

She says the farm is valued at $1,600,000 .  If Matt bought Amy's share for just under a million Amy won!!!!

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Well, he shouldn't sell at a discounted rate regardless - thats his retirement.

That said, he also needs to concede that he is unwilling to sell to his children for anything less than top dollar and prefers a nice profit over one of his kids following in his footsteps and that making a nice profit is much more important to him than creating a legacy on the farm. 

Inheritances should make for an amazing gift after your death. Yet often they’re the cause of major strive. Usually because someone feels entitled to something or wrongly assumes they will inherit (part of) someone’s wealth. Most can be prevented with a good will and proper communication to those involved.
Matt and Amy have four kids. For the sake of all of them, I hope they’ve both taken care of this.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Most can be prevented with a good will and proper communication to those involved.

This. I've watched the show, I've watched Matt dangle the farm and who gets the farm over his kids over his male children for years. Yeah, I think Molly got the huge fucking hint that SHE was not worthy, but there was every reason for the Prince Twins to think that Daddy Matt was going to hand over the farm to one of them. 

So in theory, Jeremy and Zach have a "rift" between them over how Jeremy thought the farm would be handed to Jeremy... until Jeremy was shot down by Matt over making an unacceptable offer to buy.  Now Zach appears to be angry that Matt wants someone to take over the farm but finds Zach's offer unacceptable. 

I know the twins are just a few iq points above the below average line, so I am not shocked that they haven't picked up that Matt's "precious" is the farm. (Point - no matter how many times Matt mouthed off how he wanted the farm to stay in the family, I knew it was never going to happen for a variety of reasons including the reality that Matt really didn't want it) but lets be honest - neither Jeremy or Zach are bright, or savvy and yeah, the communication they heard - and that was filmed - was that Matt wanted one of his sons to take over the farm and maintain the legacy.

So, I can understand Zach  - and Jeremy to be honest - being hurt and offended to find out that Matt hasn't effectively communicated his true intent and interest in the farm and how it leaves his hands. While I think there were some red flags that Zach should have picked up on (and that I think Tory did pick up on) this isn't a case of "Stupid Zach is being unreasonably selfish and poor innocent Matt is the victim of greed" - Matt's been pretty open in stating his wishes for the farm to be taken over by one of his sons without attaching "and they'll be paying me  top dollar for it, of course". 

I think its sad that "who gets the farm" appears to have destroyed Jeremy and Zach's relationship and Matt doesn't seem to care in the slightest. 

• Love 4

Hi! Kinda new to this thread.

Regarding the farm - if Matt will be leaving the bulk of the profits from the sale of the farm to his kids, a sale to Zack could go either way. He buys it at just above cost, but doesn't get a spilt from the profits (because he'll own the land and make money on the other end). Or Zach buys at market value and gets a fair, 4 way spilt from any inheritance.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

WCOB?

Without a Crystal Ball, a YouTuber who seemingly stalks the boards and uses speculation as “insider knowledge.” 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

If the farm is valued at $1,600,000 and Matt paid Amy $1,000,000 then we’re looking at $600,000 Matt owns.

Surely he didn’t have 1,000,000 in his pocket. So a loan with interest payments every month. 

No matter what Matt and Amy sell or buy it will be divided equally between their four children if that is their desire. 

10 minutes ago, SMama said:

Without a Crystal Ball, a YouTuber who seemingly stalks the boards and uses speculation as “insider knowledge.” 

Wouldn't "without a crystal ball" be WACB? I'm so not savvy when it comes to all of these abbreviations for everything! 🙂 But thanks for the info. 

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Wouldn't "without a crystal ball" be WACB? I'm so not savvy when it comes to all of these abbreviations for everything! 🙂 But thanks for the info. 

@Jeanne222 referred to WOCB, I could be wrong. There’s a lot is snark about her on the Duggar boards here, and on Free Jinger. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought it was fairly well known that Matt did take out a 875k mortgage to buy Amy's half of the big house property at 967k. He also paid her a separate 675k for her half of the wedding barn property. There were news articles at the time about it.

I do think Amy got a fair price. If Matt is asking Zach for say 1.1 mil, for the property he paid 975k for, Zach is being a whiner. If he's doubled the price, yeah he's taking advantage but I doubt we'll ever hear actual numbers 

And thanks for the wocb info!

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I think its sad that "who gets the farm" appears to have destroyed Jeremy and Zach's relationship and Matt doesn't seem to care in the slightest. 

While I agree it’s probably a big thing between them, I highly doubt it’s the only thing. Ever since both boys started dating, a certain sibling rivalry started to emerge. There always seemed to be subtle things going on related to girlfriends, weddings, pregnancies, babies, new houses etc. And then Jer was ditched from the show in favour of Zach ( to keep the focus on LP I presume?) All these things didn’t help their brotherly bond.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

While I agree it’s probably a big thing between them, I highly doubt it’s the only thing. Ever since both boys started dating, a certain sibling rivalry started to emerge. There always seemed to be subtle things going on related to girlfriends, weddings, pregnancies, babies, new houses etc. And then Jer was ditched from the show in favour of Zach ( to keep the focus on LP I presume?) All these things didn’t help their brotherly bond.

Oh totally agree there's more to it than just the farm ownership - although I do think thats big because Jeremy was pretty strongly advocating for himself complete with Zach agreeing that he, Zach didn't want the farm, just access. Off hand, I'm sure they love each other but:

1. Zach probably harbors some resentment that Jeremy is average height and seemingly has little to no understanding of how difficult things can be.

2. Jeremy probably harbors some resentment over ALWAYS being stuck as Zach's Social Helper Monkey - every activity had to include Zach and Zach frankly wasn't exactly charming and friendly, he was often a rude unpleasant little bitch. Jeremy spent his teen years with Zach attached - who was rarely grateful.

3. Jeremy was so obviously Matt's shining star and joy and obvious favorite, I wouldn't be shocked if all the kids hold some serious resentment over how Matt favored him. 

4. Amy clearly defended Zach and coddled him over the other kids even when his behavior was shitty and asinine. Again, I am sure this caused some resentment from all the kids and yeah, its very noticable how Molly walked away from the messes that are both of her parents. 

5. Jeremy was clearly unhappy that Zach got his wife pregnant first and was VERY upset that Zach was the first Roloff to produce a grandson for Matt. The second Ember was revealed to be female at the gender reveal party and Daddy Matt's face went from happy to frowning, complete with telling Zach on camera "now Jackson is king of the farm" was the moment Jeremy realized his place as the shining star and light of Daddy Matt's life was over.

6. And there's the show. I think Jeremy liked doing the show but I genuinely think that even now, he and Audrey would be welcomed back if they asked. His public story is that he chose to walk away blah blah blah. My personal opinion is that he and Auj wanted a better edit with more focus on their amazing entrepreneurial ventures and less "look how bitchy Jer and Auj are in comparison to Zach and Tory" episodes. 

7. Now add in Matt pratting about the farm and the legacy of handing the farm down to his *grandson Jackson* and how as soon as Jeremy left the show suddenly Zach moved up in the ranks as someone likely to take over the farm.

I never thought Zach would get the farm because if Jeremy didn't pry an agreement from Matt then no one will. But you're right, its not the only issue between Zach and Jeremy - but I do think its a big one. 

• Love 4

I just realised it stays awfully quiet on SM. I’m not on Instagram so maybe Tori and Zach have posted more that hasn’t reached this forum for once. They’re normally so open and over-sharing. I would have expected hem to share at least a dozen more pictures of the new arrival by now. So hopefully, all is well…

• Love 1

I have a question. In the past Tori has made some subtle and not so subtle nods about being the only non little person. Insisting on having a big dog, actually saying, "oh god, I'm going to have a house of dwarfs", and then there's buying their 2nd house - three floors filled with stairs.

I know she loves Zack and her three kids, but I can't help but wonder if she's not a little disappointed Josiah is a little person. Kind of like having 2 girls and wanting a boy. You still love the third child if its a girl, but need to take a minute to grieve not having a boy.

Do you think she has any mixed feelings?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I have a question. In the past Tori has made some subtle and not so subtle nods about being the only non little person. Insisting on having a big dog, actually saying, "oh god, I'm going to have a house of dwarfs", and then there's buying their 2nd house - three floors filled with stairs.

I know she loves Zack and her three kids, but I can't help but wonder if she's not a little disappointed Josiah is a little person. Kind of like having 2 girls and wanting a boy. You still love the third child if its a girl, but need to take a minute to grieve not having a boy.

Has anyone said Josiah is a little person?

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
Grammar!
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Has they said Josiah is a little person?

Not that I'm aware of, but to me Josiah is the spitting image of adorable Lilah. Their newborn pics are almost identical.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ok I don’t know if others will agree but in this pic the baby looks just like Matt to me 😂

A daily reminder of Matt in their faces everyday!

BD7CBAE0-9A6B-49E7-9210-79E0D5E5C326.jpeg

He does.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Has they said Josiah is a little person?

No.  but your name makes me laugh so hard.  I grew up with all brothers (younger than me)/  Foghorn Leghorn was a  staple word in my house.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Boston said:

No.  but your name makes me laugh so hard.  I grew up with all brothers (younger than me)/  Foghorn Leghorn was a  staple word in my house.

Foghorn was my fave character and made me laugh out loud watching his cartoons growing up!  He still cracks me up!

• LOL 2
(edited)

Oh my gosh! I was not expecting such a strong resemblance to Matt's "ideas/plans/fun stories/etc" expressions in Lil'ol Josiah! All I can see is thought bubbles above Josiah's head of all of Matt's catch phrases.

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ok I don’t know if others will agree but in this pic the baby looks just like Matt to me 😂

Edited by stewedsquash
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Josiah sure looks like a happier baby than Lilah was and still is in most pics anyway.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

Yikes so many posts here make it seem like people with disabilities shouldn't parent. Are we as a society really saying that LP parents should not procreate because bringing other LP in the world is bad? 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, stoppro said:

If he is a LP tori will lose it. she near the edge allready.With useless zack she got to do it herself.Good luck with that.

She was praying for a girl, right?  That didn't come to fruition in my family.  I (being the only girl - oldest) cried when my mom called from the hospital stating "its another boy".  (3 brothers and I love them LIKE A SISTER - they would laugh. - they are all hysterically funny, kind, nice men). I spent my life trying to make them proud to have ONE SISTER.  I hope i didn't dissapoint.

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Yikes so many posts here make it seem like people with disabilities shouldn't parent. Are we as a society really saying that LP parents should not procreate because bringing other LP in the world is bad? 

It's not bad.Cranking out little people for a shit box television show is at least questionable with this pair of "parents' or really the one parent.Would they do it of not for the money,hell would they have gotten married if not for the show?They disgust me.fuckem.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Not true.  My brother and SIL have a disabled child.  I am very close to them.  It is hard for them but I never hear a BAD word about it/him. I could go on.. about my friends who have disabled/disability kids.  My brother and SIL went thru gene testing (he was their first child) and now they have 3 boys.  (it was an epilepsy thing if you need to know; only diagnosed when he became 5 months old).  He is a delightful person who cannot speak.. but he knows what WE say).  Sad but true.

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As far as I am aware, they haven’t confirmed anything about Josiah being a LP though I have a strong feeling he is, based on some features I see.

As for Tori having mixed feelings: I don’t think ‘mixed’ is the right word and neither is disappointed, should anyone think of that.

Every expecting parent wants the same thing: a healthy baby, it’s as simple as that and there’s nothing wrong with it. If mother nature blesses you with a special needs baby, or in Tori’s case a LP, that doesn’t mean it’s not welcome and 100% loved, because they are. However, it will make its parents a little sad and anxious in the beginning because you want the best for your child. Like it or not,but disabilities do make life more complicated and you know your child will face hardships. What parent would wish for hardships for their kids?

I rewatched the episode where they found out about Lilah. All I saw when I watched Tori, was worry and I understand that. I know she doesn’t have many fans on this forum, but I have always respected Tori for being able to love and accept a person for what/who he or she is. Few young girls would have done the same.

And lastly, I think she’s doing a great job as a mom btw. (Yes, she makes mistakes, but don’t we all? I have 3 young kids and I’m not perfect either.)

sorry for the lengthy post….

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, LilyD said:

As far as I am aware, they haven’t confirmed anything about Josiah being a LP though I have a strong feeling he is, based on some features I see.

As for Tori having mixed feelings: I don’t think ‘mixed’ is the right word and neither is disappointed, should anyone think of that.

Every expecting parent wants the same thing: a healthy baby, it’s as simple as that and there’s nothing wrong with it. If mother nature blesses you with a special needs baby, or in Tori’s case a LP, that doesn’t mean it’s not welcome and 100% loved, because they are. However, it will make its parents a little sad and anxious in the beginning because you want the best for your child. Like it or not,but disabilities do make life more complicated and you know your child will face hardships. What parent would wish for hardships for their kids?

I rewatched the episode where they found out about Lilah. All I saw when I watched Tori, was worry and I understand that. I know she doesn’t have many fans on this forum, but I have always respected Tori for being able to love and accept a person for what/who he or she is. Few young girls would have done the same.

And lastly, I think she’s doing a great job as a mom btw. (Yes, she makes mistakes, but don’t we all? I have 3 young kids and I’m not perfect either.)

sorry for the lengthy post….

Great post.

I don't have strong feelings about Tori either way, but I do feel there's an mild undercurrent of something going on. Maybe I'm seeing/feeling moments of her feeling burdened, used, underappreciated or maybe even a little bit of martyrdom. All feelings are legit to whoever is feeling them, but its what they do, or more importantly, what they don't, do with them.

They're still on the young side and I just wonder how it will all work out long term.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I have always respected Tori for being able to love and accept a person for what/who he or she is. Few young girls would have done the same

I get your point. But I think Tori was smelling the money trail with Zach more so than just being a kind, caring person who fell in love with Zach despite his being unmotivated and his arrogant attitude.

• Love 4
(edited)

Tori has a post-baby blowout in those photos to rival that of Kate Middleton. Because of  course.

This feud over the farm is what's going to push me away from the show. Don't want to see that. 

I guess it's not surprising that they never discussed this years ago as a family regarding who was "entitled" to what, so expectations would be clear and this would be avoided.

Unless this is just drama for the show. But z&t are coming off to me as so entitled and it's just pissing me off. Even Amy in the promo is giving me a vibe that z&t are being jerks in their expectations

but she wants to keep her relationships with her kids. 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I guess it's not surprising that they never discussed this years ago as a family regarding who was "entitled" to what, so expectations would be clear and this would be avoided.

Whether they legit discussed it off camera we'll never know, but there's many episodes over the years where Matt discusses that he wants one of the kids to take over, that he wants a legacy where his grandkids grow up on the farm, that he wants his sons to work with him on the farm... but also that he isn't interested in splitting the farm up, and wants the kids to decide amongst themselves who will get what. He's also expressed repeatedly that he simply wants to sell and retire, and he's tired of waiting for the kids to step up to the plate. 

If whats said in private is similar to what's said in public, then Matt is all over the place with what he wants to do with the property. My vibe personally? He's not interested in selling and likely won't. And if he dies, the property will likely be left to the four children so they can "fight over it" as he has occasionally stated on the show. 

1 hour ago, seasons said:

Unless this is just drama for the show. But z&t are coming off to me as so entitled and it's just pissing me off. Even Amy in the promo is giving me a vibe that z&t are being jerks in their expectations

I will wait until these episodes air before I make a call on who is being entitled. Zach certainly seems angry and Tory seems protective of Zach so regardless of who's right, I think Zach has some hurt feelings over the situation. Matt and Caryn rolling their eyes and laughing over the situation comes off a wee bit well, not exactly hurt. If they genuinely want to see the grandkids, they might want to tone down the public mocking of the grandkids parents. 

Here's my thinking. If Zach made a fair market value offer for the farm - and knowing he DID buy a piece of property for 1 million - Zach not only has the money but the knowledge to know what fair market value is - and Matt wanted control of the land or usage concessions, or wanted significantly more, or both, then Zach has the right to be pissed off. Why? Because why pay full price or more for property that the prior owner still controls. 

If Zach offered under fair market value BECAUSE  Matt wants concessions about access or control - this is where negotiations might be an issue because Matt can't expect fair market value for property he is selling but still wants a lot of access to and control over. That's unreasonable on Matt's part. Put in simple terms - if the property is worth 100k, and Matt sells it and walks away and never looks back, fine, but if its worth 100k and Zach pays 100k and Matt can still be on the property and cut down trees and plow up fields and put up structures at will, and Zach has little to no say in usage - is it really fair to ask for 100k when you don't control the property use?

If Zach offered under fair market value and refuses any concessions of control to Matt, then Matt has every right to say no and be annoyed over Zach being entitled. Its a valuable piece of property and Matt deserves fair market value if he is selling because a non family buyer would simply be required to buy at fair market value. 

Where Matt may be the asshole here is if he is wanting full market value pricing for the farm but ALSO wanting significant control and usage concessions - you can't demand top dollar and also still use the property as though you are still the owner. 

• Love 5