Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Ronin

(edited)

Farewell, Maddie. I guess, she is joining Nathan in the factory. Damn, I thought Snyder would save her and Hudson. Maddie made bad decision after bad decision all along the way. Hopefully, Hudson survives somehow.

Oh Snyder, still collaborating . Will should have pat him down. Broussard was right about not trusting him. I wonder what will happen to Broussard?

Not a bad season finale.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

I'm pretty sure that button Snyder pushed was for that military guy to find them to come get the gauntlet.  Not sure what that means for the Bowman family I guess I have to wait until next year ?

• Love 1

Another solid episode. I actually felt kind of bad for Maddie. I suppose the scene with Will's former partner means he'll be back next season and this certainly wasn't a coincidence.

It made me laugh.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wondered about the scene with the people and the new military organization taking over from the red hats. Do you think the red hats were sharing the information about the factory and that is why they had to be done in? Why not take them to the factory as well? 

Edited by holly4755
(edited)

We watched the season premiere because of the enticing  promos. Then fell off and only watched bits and pieces because of the 2% sci-fi, 98% not-much happening ratio (other than humans arguing in dimly lit rooms or ramshackle buildings and occasionally shooting one another ). We saw the season finale because there wasn't much else on.
I don't feel as if I missed much in between (looks as if new characters showed up and were killed off). 

I try to avoid tv shows that include writers associated with 'Lost' - - because it's one thing to have a story that is built around a mystery. But it is very annoying to have a story where the writers have not even bothered to create the central mystery - and only inch closer to revealing it when they feel forced to do so. 

With 'Colony', it is almost as it the writers are proud of creating week-to-week episodes that require the minimum of special effects  ... sort of like 'Walking Dead' if there were only one or two zombies that showed up now and again. This could easily be a Nazi occupation type story where the oppressors force their prisoners to police one another and people turn on one another in a desperate attempt to survive. But even then, I would expect to see the Nazis more often. 

But then again, there were a lot of people that loved 'Lost' and the endless speculations of what was 'really' going on while the writers were making it up as they went along. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 3

Very disappointed Broussard didn't go with them.  Hope that isn't the last we see of him.

I had no idea who the guy in the hospital bed was.

As usual, Sarah Callies, with her deer in the headlights expression, looked ridiculous trying to pass as a redhat.

• Love 4
(edited)

Very disappointed Broussard didn't go with them.  Hope that isn't the last we see of him.

There are probably some hard contract negotiations in the actor's future with the producers of this show. They've left it open so they can easily kill Broussard off. However, they've been teasing us with that possibility all season and I'm sorta tired of it. He's had more lives than two or three cats at this point.

So apparently Colin Salmon wasn't available and they had to get a cheap imitation. I laughed.

Just following orders. They're not being subtle at all about the Nazi Germany references, are they?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

I've always had a soft spot for Amanda Righetti, but I can't see them bringing Maddie back. They just wrote her into a corner and there's nowhere to go with her. Really do not want to see her getting tortured every show.

But, good move bringing back Toby Huss and Peter Jacobsen for next year--they're always interesting actors. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Who was the old man whose house they hid out at? I recognized him, but couldn't for the life of me remember how he is connected to Katie.

I know I should have known it, but when Snyder activated his tracking device, I let out a sound that made my husband come in and ask if I was okay. Because the Black Coat's promise "you'll never want for anything" could be interpreted (by me anyway) to mean "because you'll be dead" I thought Snyder found another way to wiggle through the cracks. Especially since the gateway scene was so fraught, and he could have been caught in the crossfire if it had gone sideways.

I like the pace of the show. Each season reveals more, and sets up the new chapter. I like some stories to unfold slowly, others quickly. Mileage varies for me, and obviously for others.

The scene with transferring the RAP orb was interesting, lending some credence to the idea that they could possibly exchange consciousnesses. We now know there are a number of factions within the aliens. 

We have a number of different locations mentioned that we might see - the mountain retreat (did they say where - 'cause I'm thinking NORAD's a good site) - the governor's moving to the global council so we may see more of that. I also think we'll be seeing the Factory, since two of our characters are there now (too bad Bram isn't one of them.)

And I'm thinking there might just be a Warsaw Ghetto like rebellion with the Red Hats, given that they were being forced by some other type of troops in the rendition scene and the Sargent seemed to believe Will and Snyder. 

That is, of course, if it's renewed. (turns out it has been renewed Colony Renewed)

Edited to say that although I love Josh Halloway, I don't tend to think of him as a particularly nuanced actor - but that scene in the gateway at the standoff - I thought he was excellent.

Edited by Clanstarling
Just saw
  • Love 8

Hospital bed guy was Sawyer's partner that he stabbed in the gut with a bottle.  

I liked that he was singing "We'll Meet Again".  Watch your back, Will!  Speaking of, rookie move to not realize you're being followed. 

I got a real LOL when Snyder saw Brousseau and scurried around "Jesus Christ!"  I thought it interesting that the Governor left him to find out about the bloc on his own but then says his daughter's safe (not sure I believe that) and that he has a place on her staff.

I do feel badly for Maddie - she couldn't get medicine for her son and probably thought she was very lucky to get the job with Nolan's wife.   I don't think she would have stuck around if not for Hudson.  She did try to help Katie's family when she could and was really in a no-win situation.  Sure she got taken in by the Greatest Day but so did a lot of people; and not so much that she wasn't herself.   Her worst decision was that she didn't keep driving with Bram and Hudson a couple of episodes ago - she was already a goner because of the info that Katie downloaded.  We didn't see L.A. razed, so who knows, she may be back.

If Snyder can get anything he wants for bringing the gauntlet, maybe that includes a reprieve for the Bowmans somehow.

I thought this was a good season and glad it's back next year.

• Love 6

Snyder is gonna Snyde!  

Understandable since the GA effectively has his daughter as a hostage, he has to give them *something.* 

3 hours ago, raven said:

I thought it interesting that the Governor left him to find out about the bloc on his own but then says his daughter's safe (not sure I believe that) and that he has a place on her staff.

Between that and when the other guy told him that if he secures the gauntlet he'd "want for nothing" I hope he figured out he was probably going to get Nolan'd.  

• Love 3

I doubt we've seen the last of Broussard. It's a plan, IMO. Broussard didn't trust Snyder, I even doubt the gauntlet's really  in that case. Somehow he'll follow the group and help the Bowmans when most needed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anafd said:

I doubt we've seen the last of Broussard. It's a plan, IMO. Broussard didn't trust Snyder, I even doubt the gauntlet's really  in that case. Somehow he'll follow the group and help the Bowmans when most needed.

Ooh, I like this idea a lot. I hope that this happens.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, raven said:

I do feel badly for Maddie - she couldn't get medicine for her son and probably thought she was very lucky to get the job with Nolan's wife.   I don't think she would have stuck around if not for Hudson.  She did try to help Katie's family when she could and was really in a no-win situation.  Sure she got taken in by the Greatest Day but so did a lot of people; and not so much that she wasn't herself.   Her worst decision was that she didn't keep driving with Bram and Hudson a couple of episodes ago - she was already a goner because of the info that Katie downloaded.  We didn't see L.A. razed, so who knows, she may be back.

I felt this way, too.  Katie had her family, but Maddie had to rely on her own wits to keep her son alive.  but having seen how loyal Nolan was to his wife, she should have been more wary and prepared for the worse.

• Love 7
On 4/7/2017 at 9:32 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

I try to avoid tv shows that include writers associated with 'Lost' - - because it's one thing to have a story that is built around a mystery. But it is very annoying to have a story where the writers have not even bothered to create the central mystery - and only inch closer to revealing it when they feel forced to do so. 

I have to say that Will is quickly turning into Sawyer from 'Lost' -- he's got the Sawyer look look down pat (scruffy beard, untamed hair, etc.).

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I have to say that Will is quickly turning into Sawyer from 'Lost' -- he's got the Sawyer look look down pat (scruffy beard, untamed hair, etc.).

Well at least now he isn't a FBI Agent or detective for the Los Angeles Block who doesn't meet professional grooming standards.

• Love 4
On April 7, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Haleth said:

I had no idea who the guy in the hospital bed was.

As usual, Sarah Callies, with her deer in the headlights expression, looked ridiculous trying to pass as a redhat.

That what I was thinking.

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

Well at least now he isn't a FBI Agent or detective for the Los Angeles Block who doesn't meet professional grooming standards.

3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Maybe Josh's characters eventually turn into him. That hair is hard to tame short of a buzz cut.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Anafd said:

Isn't the gauntlet radioactive?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Maybe Josh's characters eventually turn into him. That hair is hard to tame short of a buzz cut.

Holloway was trying to give a serious "please let us go" look when they were pleading with the red hats, but his flyaway hat hair was so silly it was distracting.  I almost busted out laughing.

He looks so much like Nikolai Coster-Waldau that I sometimes have to remind myself that Fucking Lori is married to Sawyer and not Jaime Lannister.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

He looks so much like Nikolai Coster-Waldau that I sometimes have to remind myself that Fucking Lori is married to Sawyer and not Jaime Lannister.

I never noticed the resemblance until you pointed it out. I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about it. :)

• Love 1

We watched the season premiere because of the enticing  promos. Then fell off and only watched bits and pieces because of the 2% sci-fi, 98% not-much happening ratio (other than humans arguing in dimly lit rooms or ramshackle buildings and occasionally shooting one another ). We saw the season finale because there wasn't much else on.
I don't feel as if I missed much in between (looks as if new characters showed up and were killed off). 

With 'Colony', it is almost as it the writers are proud of creating week-to-week episodes that require the minimum of special effects  ... sort of like 'Walking Dead' if there were only one or two zombies that showed up now and again. This could easily be a Nazi occupation type story where the oppressors force their prisoners to police one another and people turn on one another in a desperate attempt to survive. But even then, I would expect to see the Nazis more often. 

But then again, there were a lot of people that loved 'Lost' and the endless speculations of what was 'really' going on while the writers were making it up as they went along. 

I agree with this. I should have known better, after the fiasco that was "Lost," to get involved in another show by those writers again. I watched this season but felt like most of it was a waste of time. Nothing much happened! The only thing that happened was them being forced to finally leave the block at the end. Broussard not going with them made no sense. Why would he stay?

Still no more info about the aliens. Still not seeing any aliens. Still nothing about what the aliens are really after. A total wasted season. Not sure if I will watch next season.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Still no more info about the aliens. Still not seeing any aliens. Still nothing about what the aliens are really after. A total wasted season. Not sure if I will watch next season.

And no explanation at all about the signal back in the 60s, or even why the Raps use human shaped robots, or even how the Global Authority was formed in the background prior to the alien arrival.  What convinced this shadowy organization to just go along with the Raps instructions for takeover of the Earth ?

And since the Global Authority is based in Davos, is the Bilderberg Group involved ? (I had to sneak in that little piece of conspiracy theory).

• Love 3
(edited)

This is why I gave up on Lost and now How to Get Away with Murder. With Colony, I do think that the writers are making it up as they go along. I don't even think that they even know what the aliens are up to or who they are. However, I thought this season was far more entertaining than last season so  I will give season 3 a shot. I disliked the misogyny that Katie was subjected to by the writers and some fans commenting on her, but the show turned a corner there. Overall  I thought that the characters were stronger. I also think that the cast is solid. I don't share the criticisms of Callies, etc. I thought that she showed Katie coming into her own and getting stronger despite the constant denigration that her character was subjected to by the writers and some fans.

On 4/7/2017 at 8:49 PM, raven said:

All along I thought that Maddie was trapped by Hudson's diabetes. I admired that Maddie did whatever she could to keep her son alive, but she was always in a perilous position with Nolan. Depending on a powerful man who is willing to discard his wife for survival was never going to end well. Unlike Katie, Maddie doesn't have any survival instincts. She never understood the extent of the danger that she was always in, made worse after Katie took the file. She should have kept driving with Bram and Hudson after the attack. I felt horrible for Maddie sleeping on the street, separated from her son, hoping that Katie would come. I hope that Maddie survives somehow. Broussard is still in the colony, maybe he will do something to save people from being taken and somehow Maddie escapes and finds him.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I felt horrible for Maddie sleeping on the street,

That was an interesting look at the Redhats at that moment.  All season long we've been shown them to be a brutal bunch of collaborators.  These two, however, instead of kicking her in the gut and yelling at her, just wake her up and send her on her way.  Of course, it's back to normal when she tries to leave the processing center and is beaten down by another Redhat.  I'm rather amazed that they haven't rebelled themselves against the Blackjackets after that massacre in the processing center.  You better choose a side, guys.

I thought in season one, they showed the red hats as normal people in a locker room. Just like you and me. Power corrupts, however. I have a niece who married what seemed to be a nice guy, but he got a job in a prison and now after a few years he is acting like the other guys, he put spyware on her phone and computers and tracks everything she does and where she is every part of the day.  He also put her on a strict budget one that really does not allow her to get the good food she wants for the baby, so he can spend their money on his crazy Alex Jones products that are just scams.  She wants to go away but has no money and very few places to go. I have offered to take her in, but he knows where I live and she doesn't want to go through all that. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

. I also think that the cast is solid. I don't share the criticisms of Callies, etc. I thought that she showed Katie coming into her own and getting stronger despite the constant denigration that her character was subjected to by the writers and some fans.

I fully admit I'm allowing f'ing Lori Grimes to bleed into Katie Bowman, but you are right that the latter is getting stronger each season.  Sarah Callies is fine. She needs to work on those facial expressions though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

That was an interesting look at the Redhats at that moment.  All season long we've been shown them to be a brutal bunch of collaborators.  These two, however, instead of kicking her in the gut and yelling at her, just wake her up and send her on her way.  Of course, it's back to normal when she tries to leave the processing center and is beaten down by another Redhat.  I'm rather amazed that they haven't rebelled themselves against the Blackjackets after that massacre in the processing center.  You better choose a side, guys.

2 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I thought in season one, they showed the red hats as normal people in a locker room. Just like you and me. Power corrupts, however. I have a niece who married what seemed to be a nice guy, but he got a job in a prison and now after a few years he is acting like the other guys, he put spyware on her phone and computers and tracks everything she does and where she is every part of the day.  He also put her on a strict budget one that really does not allow her to get the good food she wants for the baby, so he can spend their money on his crazy Alex Jones products that are just scams.  She wants to go away but has no money and very few places to go. I have offered to take her in, but he knows where I live and she doesn't want to go through all that. 

I saw it the other way, while they were in the locker room the Red Hats were "normal" but reverted to Nazi's in the field. In the second season they were more like regular cops with the rougher stuff reserved for the Black Jackets

9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And no explanation at all about the signal back in the 60s, or even why the Raps use human shaped robots, or even how the Global Authority was formed in the background prior to the alien arrival.  What convinced this shadowy organization to just go along with the Raps instructions for takeover of the Earth ?

And since the Global Authority is based in Davos, is the Bilderberg Group involved ? (I had to sneak in that little piece of conspiracy theory).

That was the reaction I had when I saw the Swiss locale and heard the mention of Davos.   I figured they were playing a bit to some conspiratorial  types.  

4 hours ago, holly4755 said:

OK, just to clarify, the gauntlet did not come with a box, it was on an arm. They found a box to put it in, they can find another box. 

True, but to keep from all of them getting radiation poisoning, they'd have to find a lead lined box, while on the run. Which might be a touch hard to do.

I think Snyder was told to activate the tracker so the Black Jackets and aliens can find the rogue rap .

I couldn't believe Will's plea to the red hats actually worked. Seemed really plot device.  

Yeah poor Maddie. She made real poor choices.  I wonder if we'll see more about the factory through her next season.

i too hope we see Broussard again.

• Love 3
On 1/19/2018 at 6:45 PM, Clanstarling said:

I think both seasons are now up on Netflix,  if anyone wants to rewatch.

Yes they are.  I just binge watched the whole two seasons there.  I wasn’t even aware of this series until I saw it up on Netflix.  I enjoyed it very much and thought season 2 was better than 1. I’m really looking forward to watching 3 which I believe starts May 4.

(And yeah I thought oh boy, Sawyer and Lori are married, lol!!)

• Love 2
On 4/9/2017 at 3:05 PM, holly4755 said:

There are shelters for abused women. Please get your niece some help!

• Love 1