Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I have nothing against tats but when I see hers I am reminded of an early episode when she and Tal chose one for each other which wasn't revealed to them until the work was done. Definitely weird. I can't decide if it means they trust each other so completely that it couldn't go wrong, or, if it is that she has no respect for her body that she allows someone else to decide on a permanent change.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I would send $100 to her favorite charity if she posted the video of her hoisting her leg up to that position. I expect it took multiple tries and Todd pushing from beneath her.

Let's take bets on what her favorite charity is....

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

The little ballerina

She forgot to delete a couple of negative comments for this pic.   Like "How do you stay so fat?"   And "I can't unsee this"   Also one calling her out for being fake "I wish BGDC was real and not just when you're filming your show". 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I bet she couldn’t get the leg off the bar by herself either. 

She certainly couldn't do it correctly, by lifting the foot straight  up off the barre and then swinging the leg down. She in no way has the strength to lift her leg higher than the barre, and I doubt she has the flexibility either. 

Face it, Whitney, the only thing you can stretch these days is the truth.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

She certainly couldn't do it correctly, by lifting the foot straight  up off the barre and then swinging the leg down. She in no way has the strength to lift her leg higher than the barre, and I doubt she has the flexibility either. 

Face it, Whitney, the only thing you can stretch these days is the truth.

And Spandex.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

She forgot to delete a couple of negative comments for this pic.   Like "How do you stay so fat?"   And "I can't unsee this"   Also one calling her out for being fake "I wish BGDC was real and not just when you're filming your show". 

That was me!! I feel famous.

Sadly the Whitney Warriors couldn't read the sarcasm and thought I was serious. No dummies! It's all fake! fake fake fake

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

That was me!! I feel famous.

Sadly the Whitney Warriors couldn't read the sarcasm and thought I was serious. No dummies! It's all fake! fake fake fake

It sure is fake fake fake! Just like Twit!  Omg, I saw your comment @Brooklynista!!! You are famous! lol! Awesome on calling her out on her BIG FAT FABULOUS LIES!!!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I have nothing against tats but when I see hers I am reminded of an early episode when she and Tal chose one for each other which wasn't revealed to them until the work was done. Definitely weird. I can't decide if it means they trust each other so completely that it couldn't go wrong, or, if it is that she has no respect for her body that she allows someone else to decide on a permanent change.

There's actually a reality show like this in the UK.  Friends (relatives, whomever) choose tattoos for their buddies and the buddy has no clue what it is until it's revealed at the end.  People can be so mean on that show!  That being said, I wouldn't allow anyone on this show within 25 feet of me.

• Love 2

There's actually a reality show like this in the UK.

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll stick with The Detectorists, Moone Boy, Monarch of the Glen, Poldark, Creature Comforts...  

Some are long gone but I still enjoy a rewatch ever so often.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll stick with The Detectorists, Moone Boy, Monarch of the Glen, Poldark, Creature Comforts...  

Some are long gone but I still enjoy a rewatch ever so often.

Love me some Lance and Andy!!!!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, OnceSane said:

There's actually a reality show like this in the UK.  Friends (relatives, whomever) choose tattoos for their buddies and the buddy has no clue what it is until it's revealed at the end.  People can be so mean on that show!  That being said, I wouldn't allow anyone on this show within 25 feet of me.

I actually just saw a commercial that this show is coming to US, some dude and Snooki from Jerz Shore are the hosts

3 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Is it me or do her feet look comically tiny in that ballet photo? Like a bad photoshop. Also her standing leg ankle looks like it's about to twist inward and snap. Ouch. 

Her feet are so tiny in relation to the rest of her. As I've commented before, I can't imagine how much pain she must be in. No wonder she is so often barefoot.

• Love 2

Someone from Greensboro tagged a photo with Whitney so it showed up on her FB page. She is wearing real clothes with sleeves - not spandex or a tank top. Her hair is done. She looks presentable. So it’s possible. She just doesn’t bother. 

Edited by 3girlsforus

I love how she words it. "The end of today's workout was..." as if the "beginning of today's workout" was ANYTHING. She said it was a warmup and "some incline presses." Which is one move. This entire workout would take me, no joke, 15 minutes to complete. Including the warmup. And boy would I love to see what Whitney's burpees look like.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

. And boy would I love to see what Whitney's burpees look like.

You missed the burpees? How could you miss the burpees? Could it be because they looked nothing at all like actual burpees?

(By process of elimination, I think what she is calling a "burpee" is the combination, for lack of a better descriptor, that she does first on the tape.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

You missed the burpees? How could you miss the burpees? Could it be because they looked nothing at all like actual burpees?

(By process of elimination, I think what she is calling a "burpee" is the combination, for lack of a better descriptor, that she does first on the tape.)

Oh Christ. I forgot it was a video and hadn't clicked on it. Those burpees were the WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. And each one took a solid 20 seconds to "complete." Holy shit. What an abomination. I can do 10 burpees at a moderate pace in 40 seconds total and at no point do I look like I'm going to break my face by flopping into the floor. And those kettlebell swings...when the trainer says her form is great, I gaped in horror. She didn't bend her knees AT ALL. Just awful, all around. Don't get me started on how she keeps her hips on the floor when she does a pushup, and only lifts them up after she has finished pushing up, which is terrible too. Why is she doing these kinds of workouts? It's so bad.

Jessica's accent is also really intense. She pronounces "Glenn" like "Glee-YEN."

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

. And those kettlebell swings...when the trainer says her form is great, I gaped in horror. She didn't bend her knees AT ALL

Well, at least she looks pretty doing them, according to Jessica. Glenn looks like he's ten seconds away from needing a defibrillator.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, at least she looks pretty doing them, according to Jessica. Glenn looks like he's ten seconds away from needing a defibrillator.

Oh yeah, that line cracked me up too. But of course Whitney would take "ass-kissing" over "knowledgeable" in her personal trainer any day :-P

• Love 4

OMG that is the worst workout video yet!!  I had to really search to find what she called a burpee. Good grief!  And the push ups - her stomach is so big that her arms aren’t long enough to lift her body off the ground so she just rocks back and forth. And the kettlebell - she does everything my trainer says not to do. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Those are not burpees. Not even close. If she had not actually used the word burpees I would not have guessed that she was even attempting to do something that in any universe remotely resembles a burpee.

• Love 6

I do not understand how an exercise regimen can be appropriate for both an elderly male & a super morbidly obese young woman. Surely they have different needs to work on.

It appears Boo Bear is back in Greensboro -- permanently. He was there during Florence. He posted a video of a concert he attended recently in Greensboro. And he posted a photo of tickets to another concert in a nearby venue, a concert that takes place Nov. 30.

ETA: Twit has again posted one of those photoshopped photos of her from about a year ago so that her fans can shower her with praise about her great beauty. Her excuse is to show how red her hair was before she started swimming so much this summer. I wonder why she never posted swimming videos since she likes to show what a fathete she has become.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2018 at 7:22 AM, SevenCostanza said:

"How do you stay so fat?"  

I kinda was thinking the same thing. She is still huge. She can't do her own chub cream, how the freak is she lifting her leg up like that? If she could do that on her own, she'd have the flexibility to shave her legs and put on lotion. Lying liars who lie.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Emma C said:

Oh boy

I’m sorry, but this looks like 3 people waiting to have a heart attack.  I’m not trying to be funny, I’m seriously concern about these ‘workouts”.  I get they’re all probably moving at at a snail’s pace and it only last 5 minutes, but am I the only one who thinks, they all look like they’re ready to keel over?

I’m not a fitness buff, by any stretch of the imagination, but if something were to happen, could Will’s gym or their trainer be held legally responsible or is it well they (W,B,G) should have known better?  I’m disregarding that TLC is probably the one pushing this.  From a legal standpoint, does a professional trainer/gym have any legal responsiblility to not “train” people a certain way or do you sign away any liability with a gym contract.  On a side note, Whitney either got smaller or Buddy got a lot bigger.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m sorry, but this looks like 3 people waiting to have a heart attack.  I’m not trying to be funny, I’m seriously concern about these ‘workouts”.  I get they’re all probably moving at at a snail’s pace and it only last 5 minutes, but am I the only one who thinks, they all look like they’re ready to keel over?

I’m not a fitness buff, by any stretch of the imagination, but if something were to happen, could Will’s gym or their trainer be held legally responsible or is it well they (W,B,G) should have known better?  I’m disregarding that TLC is probably the one pushing this.  From a legal standpoint, does a professional trainer/gym have any legal responsiblility to not “train” people a certain way or do you sign away any liability with a gym contract.  On a side note, Whitney either got smaller or Buddy got a lot bigger.

Most gyms have a disclaimer that you sign when you join. If the trainer is an employee of the gym, they are covered under the gym disclaimer AND the disclaimer that you sign when you engage them as a personal trainer. 

If the trainer is an independent contractor, they *should* have legal "hold harmless" language in their contract with you.

Here's the lawyer-speak from my contract:

In recognition ofthe possible dangers connected with any physical activity,member(s) hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive(s) any
cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising asthe result ofsuch activity from which any liability may or could accrue to XXXX its officers,
agents, employees, instructors or assigns. It is understood that any program or activity involving physical exercise or the use or presence of exercise or
other fitness equipment and related facilities and premises, may be hazardous, and may result in accident, bodily injury, death, or damage to property.I
acknowledge, and itis agreed that, although the club staffmay provide advice, instruction or consultation,the nature, extent andmethods of exercise or other
activity, and the use of the club equipment, premises, and facilities by me and my family or guests is my (or their) sole decision and responsibility. 

Edited by Colleenna
Additional information
  • Love 3

It’s not quite the same thing but we signed similar liability releases for gymnastics training. Those agreements have limited effect depending on negligence. Over the years I knew of two times different gymnastics clubs were sued over injury. In both cases it was alleged that the gym was responsible for the injury because they were negligent in maintaining safe equipment. One lawsuit was successful. The injury occurring in the pit (big hole full of foam blocks). There are very specific guidelines for maintenance of a safe pit. The gym was way outside the guidelines. The other suit was a more vague - should have better equipment- I don’t know the outcome. 

Lawyers can twist just about everything but I think proving negligence would be a tough sell with Whitney. She’s an adult and the videos show that she isn’t being forced to do something and she isn’t using equipment that could be blamed. 

That said, I don’t know how licenses work for these places. If there is a governing board for licensed CrossFit trainers I would think they could lose their license. But then again I think just these videos show they should lose their license. 

• Love 4

Whitney has probably signed waivers for assuming personal risk, but these videos could be damning if she injured herself and sued, because Jessica can clearly be heard telling her "great form!" when her form is in fact terrible. If Whitney hurt her back, she could pursue for damages due to gross negligence, since Jessica is not making any effort to correct damaging movements. Trainers are usually required to carry professional liability insurance for up to $1,000,000 per incident, and it's because the waivers can be drawn to have the client assume as much responsibility as possible but they cannot protect against trainer negligence or incompetence.

• Love 4

Buddy's medicine ball slams made me laugh. He's just dropping the thing. Even Whit is doing better. I remember the first time my trainer handed me that one, I didn't know it doesn't bounce back up like the others. I slammed it, then just stared at it, while my trainer laughed. And he's not squatting down to pick it up, his form is going to hurt his back. And mine from watching. I also spent more time watching Glen, he was really not doing well in this video at all.  Also the kettle bell swings are wrong. You are not supposed to lift the bell past shoulder height. You're supposed to float it up. Swings involve your core and glute muscles, like one of my instructors says - you pretend someone is about to slap your butt and you tighten your glutes and push your hips forward. 

Edited by kar328
watched the danged video again
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, kar328 said:

I also spent more time watching Glen, he was really not doing well in this video at all.

He looked exhausted.  Is it really that beneficial for someone his age to be doing these kinds of exercises?  Is Twit that big a baby that she won't go into the gym unless her father goes and exercises with her?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So interesting new photo on Instagram under which Whitney claims she swims all the time. Hmmmmmm

Well, orcas are sea creatures, after all. 

But I believe she gets in the water and floats around for 10 minutes and calls that swimming. 

• Love 3

They all looks sloppy but I think for different reasons. Glenn seems to be trying the hardest but it isn’t a good workout for someone his age who hadn’t been athletic before. I’m worried about him. Buddy looks pathetic and I know he’s in horrible shape but I think it’s even more that he looks apathetic. Every move he makes says WTF am I doing here and when do I get to leave. Whether that’s strictly because he doesn’t want to work out or because he can’t believe he’s caught back in Whitney’s web or both. I don’t know. Whitney looks terrible because she doesn’t care and just wants to fly through to make a video, claim she did something (seriously Whit - you didn’t do burpees or pushups), and get the Internet accolades.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

He looked exhausted.  Is it really that beneficial for someone his age to be doing these kinds of exercises?  Is Twit that big a baby that she won't go into the gym unless her father goes and exercises with her?

It depends. If he exercises regularly, yes, it's actually very good for him. If he goes only once a week, he probably should dial it back a little.

• Love 1

What is this weird need Whitney has to associate herself with lesbian sex, made even weirder by adding her mother to the scenario? I know she's strongly implied she's bi-sexual in some episodes (the date with her female high school classmate, her ambiguous relationship with Donna Lee). But as others here have commented before, she exudes such desperation for sexual contact, she comes across as willing to accept any plausible partner, regardless of their gender or preference, without reference to her own. Here Whitney is videoing her self and her mother in bed, I guess, and urging her say "Could we not look more like lesbians?" supposedly because Tal would think it funny.

I wonder if Whitney thinks that if she persuades her gay male friends that she is a gay woman, they will be willing to have sex with her because then they are all gay together?  She is mixed up enough in so many ways that I wouldn't put it past her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

They all looks sloppy but I think for different reasons. Glenn seems to be trying the hardest but it isn’t a good workout for someone his age who hadn’t been athletic before. I’m worried about him. Buddy looks pathetic and I know he’s in horrible shape but I think it’s even more that he looks apathetic. Every move he makes says WTF am I doing here and when do I get to leave. Whether that’s strictly because he doesn’t want to work out or because he can’t believe he’s caught back in Whitney’s web or both. I don’t know. Whitney looks terrible because she doesn’t care and just wants to fly through to make a video, claim she did something (seriously Whit - you didn’t do burpees or pushups), and get the Internet accolades.  

I agree with apathetic Buddy. There's a point in the video where trainer girl says to him "16 slams, then you can leave" not, "then you're done." As for Glen, as someone said above, if you're a regular exerciser, it's fine. It's obvious he's not. I take early morning gym classes with a woman who's 68 and she is always at the front when we're doing laps and can hold her own against a lot of the younger crowd. 

I myself, used to be morbidly obese and started off with walking, body weight exercises and TRX classes before attempting Boot Camp and HIIT. And that's after I asked my trainer (who also teaches them) if those classes would kill me. I wanted to make sure I could handle it and not look like an idiot out of my league, as well. 

• Love 5