Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Dot said:

The "shame" Twit should feel is not because of her size. It's her smug attitude about it. It's her refusal to acknowledge that she is not healthy. It's her urging vulnerable women to participate in her delusions. There is no shame in her enjoying any activity she wants to, as long as she is also working on her improving her health thru a routine of diet & exercise. She is not & that's what bugs me about her.

Agreed. And to me it's a bit odd because I am about her age and most of my friends and I have started making that transition from "I want to exercise and eat healthy so I look good" to "I want to exercise and eat healthy because *if I don't, I feel like shit*." Whitney has not made her transition yet from this shallow, immature looks-based way of thinking to a more adult, health-safeguarding way. You can see how mortified her parents are by her constant public spectacles of putting herself on display, and I think they too are wondering why their child is still soooo focused on appearances rather than what's going on INSIDE that body.

• Love 6

Apparently Whitney will not be offering her expertise in fashion at the curvycon. She will be on a panel about dating and feeling confident in one's sexuality.  Yeah, yeah, I know a reality TV show doesn't show all the aspects of the life of its star, but NOTHING about Whitney suggests she is a role model of confidence when it comes to dating and sex. I wonder what persuaded them she was - the scene where she sobs to her mother in the furniture store that she can't get a date because she's so fat? The scene where Roy takes her to lunch and tries to let her down gently and she responds by trashing him all over Facebook? The scene where Todd has to get genuinely angry to stop her from trying to drag him into her arms on the bed at the NY hotel? The scene where she confronts Lennie at his house because she had texted him ten or fifteen times with no response? And instead of an explanation, Lennie looks at her with horror and says only, "You texted me TEN TIMES?"  The subsequent post-break-up encounter with Lennie, where she completely ignores or misreads his negative body language and asks him in a tremulous voice if he was telling her, on national TV, that he wanted to get back together with her? Answer: "Uh, no." Her "sexy"Lesbian encounter with that high school classmate who may indeed be into women, but could not have looked less interested in Whitney if she tried? When she told Tal who was helping her write a new online dating profile that she was OK with chubby chasers, because she didn't want to date someone who wasn't attracted to her body, and then added a "bikini" photo so she wouldn't have to meet guys who would accuse her of hiding her weight issue. Oh, and speaking of chubby chasers, that whole blow up about that guy Avi Lang, who she outed for liking his girls extra-plus size, and who was running Whitney and Nada Louis at the same time?

Well, the good news is, they are going to allow her to shill her book. And they have already permitted her to shill her cruise.

• Love 13

I doubt there will be another season of Twit, because what other storyline can they come up with?  She can't dance.  She won't work out or diet.  We've had the fake boyfriend and the fake lesbian relationship.  And the fake dating site date with a "cousin".  Fake dance off.  Fake radio internship.  She doesn't have a life, much less a fabulous one.  What is there left to film?

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Apparently Whitney will not be offering her expertise in fashion at the curvycon. She will be on a panel about dating and feeling confident in one's sexuality.  Yeah, yeah, I know a reality TV show doesn't show all the aspects of the life of its star, but NOTHING about Whitney suggests she is a role model of confidence when it comes to dating and sex. I wonder what persuaded them she was - the scene where she sobs to her mother in the furniture store that she can't get a date because she's so fat? The scene where Roy takes her to lunch and tries to let her down gently and she responds by trashing him all over Facebook? The scene where Todd has to get genuinely angry to stop her from trying to drag him into her arms on the bed at the NY hotel? The scene where she confronts Lennie at his house because she had texted him ten or fifteen times with no response? And instead of an explanation, Lennie looks at her with horror and says only, "You texted me TEN TIMES?"  The subsequent post-break-up encounter with Lennie, where she completely ignores or misreads his negative body language and asks him in a tremulous voice if he was telling her, on national TV, that he wanted to get back together with her? Answer: "Uh, no." Her "sexy"Lesbian encounter with that high school classmate who may indeed be into women, but could not have looked less interested in Whitney if she tried? When she told Tal who was helping her write a new online dating profile that she was OK with chubby chasers, because she didn't want to date someone who wasn't attracted to her body, and then added a "bikini" photo so she wouldn't have to meet guys who would accuse her of hiding her weight issue. Oh, and speaking of chubby chasers, that whole blow up about that guy Avi Lang, who she outed for liking his girls extra-plus size, and who was running Whitney and Nada Louis at the same time?

Well, the good news is, they are going to allow her to shill her book. And they have already permitted her to shill her cruise.

Your examples are spot-on. You might add Tal's comment that she was considered "sexually evolved" in h.s. & we all know what that means!

I am so annoyed every month by the MBFFL's FB page where Nit-Whits ask Twit's advice, often about dating & relationships. She is the LAST person who should be commenting on such. This month she gave medical advice which was even worse than her dating advice. Following her dating advice might mean you spend a lousy evening with a dweeb. Following her medical advice might kill you.

Ever since discovering that Pilgrim Media Group is the MBFFL production co., I have been wondering if it, rather than TLC, owns the MBFFL FB page. I have wondered why TLC would put themselves at such legal jeopardy with Twit's advice.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Nacho said:

She's in Hawaii with her family and friends. I'm guessing they are filming a trip to Hawaii for the show? So that should take up a bit for the new season.

I don't think this is for the show for 2 reasons: (1) TLC is too cheap to pay for a trip like that & (2) Twit would have crowed about a new season if there were one.

Tal has taken credit for at least one photo & Glenn wouldn't be on vacation without Babs. So the most we can say is that Twit is with her parents & one barnacle.

• Love 3

This is social media related, although not specific to Whitney: the FatLogic Reddit board. There's a lot of the sort of thing that we hear coming out of Whitney's mouth, and the mouths of her supporters. I don't agree with everything posted, just as a caveat. Some folks are a bit more negative than others. But I find it to be an interesting board to peruse!

21 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I doubt there will be another season of Twit, because what other storyline can they come up with?  She can't dance.  She won't work out or diet.  We've had the fake boyfriend and the fake lesbian relationship.  And the fake dating site date with a "cousin".  Fake dance off.  Fake radio internship.  She doesn't have a life, much less a fabulous one.  What is there left to film?

So much this. I eyerolled and  fast-forwarded my way through last season. 

49 minutes ago, Dot said:

I don't think this is for the show for 2 reasons: (1) TLC is too cheap to pay for a trip like that & (2) Twit would have crowed about a new season if there were one.

Tal has taken credit for at least one photo & Glenn wouldn't be on vacation without Babs. So the most we can say is that Twit is with her parents & one barnacle.

The SW clan seem to get a lot of trips on TLCs dime--and there's a lot more people. 

5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

The SW clan seem to get a lot of trips on TLCs dime--and there's a lot more people. 

Their last trip (to Hawaii) was a joke.  They stayed at a second-rate "conference center" and their "luau" consisted of a pig and one ukelele player.  I think TLC gives one sum (regardless of the number of people), and it's up to the "stars" to make it go as far as they can.  That sum didn't provide 4-star accommodations for the whole Brown clan.

• Love 2

I'mwould watch a whole show of her just walking or moving. Anything that isn't a talking head.

Once k made an edit of her penguin 5k, no talking head, just her 'running'. It was fascinating to see that once you remove all the distractions, all you see os someone struggling to move around.

Moving around 300lbs is absolutely miserable. There simply can't be any other way. Tomsay it does, defies logic.

• Love 4

I wonder when she'll get around to mentioning the horrific floods and devastation going on in Texas. She's quick to make posts about every other social wrong doing in America. I guess natural disasters aren't her thing to care about. Even pets needing help is a huge thing in Texas. She has pets. She truly makes me sick. Also, a grown woman her age would be traveleing to Hawaii with her husband/boyfriend/lesbian lover. Not her parents. She cannot land nor keep a man or lesbian woman because she is truly vomit worthy in all aspects. Grow up Whitney. You are truly an embarrassment. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nacho said:

I wonder when she'll get around to mentioning the horrific floods and devastation going on in Texas. She's quick to make posts about every other social wrong doing in America. I guess natural disasters aren't her thing to care about. Even pets needing help is a huge thing in Texas. She has pets. She truly makes me sick. Also, a grown woman her age would be traveleing to Hawaii with her husband/boyfriend/lesbian lover. Not her parents. She cannot land nor keep a man or lesbian woman because she is truly vomit worthy in all aspects. Grow up Whitney. You are truly an embarrassment. 

She's also traveling with her gay guy of the moment, Tal aka Rufus.

Also, a grown woman her age would be traveleing to Hawaii with her husband/boyfriend/lesbian lover. Not her parents. She cannot land nor keep a man or lesbian woman because she is truly vomit worthy in all aspects. Grow up Whitney. You are truly an embarrassment. 

Not a fan of Whitney's, but there is no crime in being single and vacationing with family and friends.  It doesn't make you a loser.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, Yokosmom said:

Not a fan of Whitney's, but there is no crime in being single and vacationing with family and friends.  It doesn't make you a loser.

Agree with this. Whit has several layers of bad qualities she's shown us: self-absorbedness, excuses for every failure (and it's never HER fault), being mean while promoting her NBS campaign, fake everything (job, dates, dance battles, events). So, I don't really like the woman  

But traveling to Hawaii with one's parents really isn't out of the realm of normality.  And also, why is she required to mention what's going on in TX on twitter? That's what I hate about social media. "So-and-so should have said this or that" and so on. 

Personally I hate it when everyone is posting stuff on social media about whatever bad thing happened. Doesn't mean anything. People post that stuff and then go about their day as if nothing happened. "Oh, this is sad". Then it's "Ok now when is that manicure" or "Katie needs to go to karate class". 

Sorry for the rant. But even I can't pick on her for everything. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 14

My point was that she does EVERYTHING with her parents. She is stunted. And she does quickly post on Instagram about social things that she thinks are unjust, but when it comes to a natural disaster, nothing. No virtue signaling for that. And I won't give this creature an ounce of slack since she uses her fans to bully and harass people who call her out while championing no bullying. She is a bully and a loudmouth. Zero slack from me. 

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, Nacho said:

And I won't give this creature an ounce of slack since she uses her fans to bully and harass people who call her out while championing no bullying.

That is BY FAR my biggest issue with Whitney, she is such a goddamn hypocrite about not bullying people, it's like she doesn't even see (or pretends not to see) when someone posts anything even slightly negative on her FB (like "Whitney OMG I love you so much, I hope you watch out for your health with your prediabetes scare"), her supporters rip them to SHREDS. "You're not thin yourself." "You're ugly AF at least Whitney can lose weight you'll always be fucking ugly." "I can find out where you work and destroy your life." "U r a cunt OMG kill yourself you stupid bitch," etc. The kinds of horrifying things I wouldn't say to my worst enemy, she lets her Nit-Whits say *to her fans!* These are usually FANS of hers who comment out of genuine concern!

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Nacho said:

I wonder when she'll get around to mentioning the horrific floods and devastation going on in Texas.

Houston, the home of Dr.Nowzardan, and My 600 lb Life, is probably something she doesn't want to bring up.
And things are looking worse there by the day.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Nacho said:

And she does quickly post on Instagram about social things that she thinks are unjust, but when it comes to a natural disaster, nothing.

Exactly. My problem with her at the moment is not just that she is ignoring Houston when she alwatys gets on her high horse about really stupid shit. It's that she is reveling in her Hawaii vacation while so many are suffering. She just posted another batch of photos to her FB page. If she had any sense of decency, she'd save those photos for a later date when things weren't still so perilous in Texas.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, qqererer said:

I'mwould watch a whole show of her just walking or moving. Anything that isn't a talking head.

Once k made an edit of her penguin 5k, no talking head, just her 'running'. It was fascinating to see that once you remove all the distractions, all you see os someone struggling to move around.

Moving around 300lbs is absolutely miserable. There simply can't be any other way. Tomsay it does, defies logic.

Ok found them.

https://streamable.com/y2jn

https://streamable.com/ftoy

These edits aren't focused to be cruel or to facilitate my point.

If it's her and she's not sitting it stays, everything else goes.

That 5k.  omg.

I just finished walking around my local state fair.

For fun, I turned on my gps and traced my steps as I walked around and stopping in some sections to just look at all the as.seen.on.tv stuff, and poke my head in barns and what not. In the marketplace, I could barely move, it was packed with people.

I covered 4.46km in 1h 13m. I'm shocked. I had no idea that 5k was that ridiculously easy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, qqererer said:

That 5k.  omg.

Why would anyone with any sense wear a sweatshirt, heavy long pants & a fur cap with ear flaps to jog for 5 miles in NC's hot, muggy summer? She's lucky she's not dead from heat stroke.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Dot said:

5 miles

Oh no, it's 5K, so 3.1 miles ;) Whitney couldn't traverse 5 miles on a bicycle, let alone on foot. But yeah, the ridiculous penguin costumes were wholly unnecessary and I did wonder if she actually thought a race benefiting penguins required dressing like them.

• Love 3

OK, doubters, yet another example of what I believe is a photo of a 450-lb woman. Even more obvious in this photo is the huge panniculus (aka pannus) she now has. She is going to have to have skin surgery to get rid of it. I speak with personal knowledge about this: one of the reminders of my 380-lb days is a huge panniculus that I carry around to this day.

BTW, Donna Lee is also on the Hawaii trip, along with parents & Tal. I figured she probably was since Twit seems to go nowhere without her. I remain convinced BooBoo is some kind of personal aide: helping Twit into her shoes, washing her, etc. (And I think the etc. includes relieving Twit's horniness.)

FB_IMG_1504321246969.jpg

• Love 2
Just now, 4leafclover said:

I am in Houston, and I beg you all not to encourage her to visit.  Really, we have enough destruction and mayhem here as it is.............

Hope you fared OK.  It looks like it's going to be bad for a long while, especially the water system problem.

• Love 2

Thank you.  I think we are one of 10 families in the entire S. Texas coastline who didn't flood or suffer extensive damage.  The help and support that has come into our state (and that was already here, as well) have been unbelievable.  Very humbling and heartwarming, especially for the victims of Harvey.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Dot said:

BTW, Donna Lee is also on the Hawaii trip, along with parents & Tal. I figured she probably was since Twit seems to go nowhere without her. I remain convinced BooBoo is some kind of personal aide: helping Twit into her shoes, washing her, etc. (And I think the etc. includes relieving Twit's horniness.)

Horrifying thought that just occurred to me: maybe Whitney cannot physically reach far enough to masturbate. That is...a disgusting image. And why on EARTH would ANYONE just keep gaining weight if they got to that point?!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Dot said:

OK, doubters, yet another example of what I believe is a photo of a 450-lb woman. Even more obvious in this photo is the huge panniculus (aka pannus) she now has. She is going to have to have skin surgery to get rid of it. I speak with personal knowledge about this: one of the reminders of my 380-lb days is a huge panniculus that I carry around to this day.

FB_IMG_1504321246969.jpg

Ouch with that bruise! Lindsey Logan has legs like that from her extracurricular adventures.  

2 hours ago, Nacho said:

And I just want to say that there is a thing going around now to excuse these chunkers. Mental Illness. Yes, that may be a factor for their size.

I don't think that it's mental illness.  To attribute it as such would mean that mental illness is easy and trivial.

Sometimes people just love to eat and will lie about all aspects involved with it, to the point that the lies become canon.

That's why we love hating her.  Because of all the lies.  If Joel Osteen had a show, we'd love watching that too for the same reason.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Horrifying thought that just occurred to me: maybe Whitney cannot physically reach far enough to masturbate. That is...a disgusting image. And why on EARTH would ANYONE just keep gaining weight if they got to that point?!

That's kinda my point. I think Twit uses BooBoo or a long-handled vibrator. Again, from personal experience, it is very hard to reach your privates when you weigh 380+ pounds.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Pop

That's why we love hating her.  Because of all the lies.  If Joel Osteen had a show, we'd love watching that too for the same reason.

Joel Osteen has a show on ABC Sun morn. ( I only know this cuz it follows "This Week with Geo S" & I sometimes don't change the channel fast enough.) One wonders how long that show will last: even political cartoonists are savaging him for his hypocrisy.

• Love 2

OH MY GOD WHY ARE HER BIG TOENAILS SO LONG?!?!?!

She posted this on her FB. Someone commented "I thought it was a whale tail!" THAT is some grade-A, first-class shade. High five to whoever got away with writing that, without having a million huge Nit-Whits chewing them out.

21270852_10103141116130188_7778051276385745842_n.jpg

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

She posted this on her FB. Someone commented "I thought it was a whale tail!" THAT is some grade-A, first-class shade. High five to whoever got away with writing that, without having a million huge Nit-Whits chewing them out.

1.  Because she can't get anywhere near them to trim them?

2.  Technically, it IS a whale tail.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

1.  Because she can't get anywhere near them to trim them?

2.  Technically, it IS a whale tail.

That's what is so baffling, though, they are impeccably painted! Either she got a manicure and asked for talon toes, or she made one of her friends paint those disgusting claws.

Sorry, gang, maybe other people like longer toenails, but they make me want to dry heave. I have long fingernails but keep the toes very short because, gasp, I exercise.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Sorry, gang, maybe other people like longer toenails, but they make me want to dry heave. I have long fingernails but keep the toes very short because, gasp, I exercise.

Exactly.  If you exercise, your toenails have to be kept short.  She can lie to her fans all she wants, but those toenails have not been wearing sneakers or walking for a long time.  About 1/2-inch long time.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

21270852_10103141116130188_7778051276385745842_n.jpg

OMG. That's what I thought it was, too! Now that you have pointed it out, I can see her tiny feet. Maybe that's why the poster didn't get bullied: everyone sees it as a whale tail at first glance.

As far as her toenails go, you can be sure that she can't reach 'em to cut 'em. Another chore for BooBoo.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

I never thought about this before but can a person whose body weighs that much float in water? Wouldn't their weight of their own body pull them under and cause them to drown cause their body is so heavy?

Just the opposite, actually, since all that fat makes it hard NOT to float. At Twit's weight It would be almost impossible for her to reach the bottom of a 6 ft deep pool.

• Love 5

At my highest I weighed 315 lbs. Thank goodness I am nowhere near that now due to some hard work and perseverance (try it Whtiney, you will feel so much better).  But when I was 315 lbs. I could barely cut my toenails.  I could do it, but only with a great deal of effort and manipulation in order to reach my feet.  At 380 lbs (or whatever weight she is). there is no way she could reach those toes. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

A question ,  are  her toes/feet a funny color  or is the just because  of the zoom in on her feet? Because  if her toes  really  have those  black areas she needs to see a Dr. yesterday . 

I think it's just some of the bruises she got on her ATV jungle ride.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, abbey said:

At my highest I weighed 315 lbs. Thank goodness I am nowhere near that now due to some hard work and perseverance (try it Whtiney, you will feel so much better).  But when I was 315 lbs. I could barely cut my toenails.  I could do it, but only with a great deal of effort and manipulation in order to reach my feet.  At 380 lbs (or whatever weight she is). there is no way she could reach those toes. 

No kidding. Actually, she probably CAN reach her toes with great difficulty -- enough, anyway, to use clippers on them for a rather ragged effect. No way could she paint them, however, which is why we saw her getting a mani/pedi on one MBFFL episode. I'm sure that's a regular thing, either by professionals or by Donna.

• Love 2

My thing with the toenails is that they are painted, so I don't buy the "hard to reach" excuse... if you can paint, or have someone paint, you can trim... or have someone trim.

I also live in Houston and second the request for her to not come here. Of course she hasn't mentioned Texas, it has nothing to do with her she's likely to heavy to volunteer in most capacities... but there is a potential for a hurricane to head towards the Carolinas, so we'll see how silent she stays.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

A question ,  are  her toes/feet a funny color  or is the just because  of the zoom in on her feet? Because  if her toes  really  have those  black areas she needs to see a Dr. yesterday . 

If you can't reach 'em to trim 'em, it's probably hard to reach 'em to wash 'em.  I think they just look dirty.

• Love 1
On 9/1/2017 at 11:15 PM, Dot said:

....(And I think the etc. includes relieving Twit's horniness.)

On 9/2/2017 at 8:05 AM, ClareWalks said:

On 9/2/2017 at 11:49 AM, Dot said:

That's kinda my point. I think Twit uses BooBoo or a long-handled vibrator. Again, from personal experience, it is very hard to reach your privates when you weigh 380+ pounds.

I thought you said RELIVE Twit's horniness (i.e. hearing her made up stories of men/women/drunken elves/whoever else might happen by wanting her and thought Good Lord! Nothing worse than that!  Then I saw it said relieve and realized I was wrong there is something worse than that :( Sorry, Dot, I might have to summons you over to the Judge Judy thread and sue for damages for putting that thought out into the universe lol.  Honestly, it's not Whitney's size that makes it awful it's because she's such an over dramatic attention hog I can only imagine the hammy theatrics, it be a bad community theater version of the When Harry Met Sally restaurant scene.

• Love 2