Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I still think Glen is more-or-less just along for the ride.

I'm sure that he truly loves his wife and his daughter, but you can see that any 'joy' he has is kinda muted by reality.  Like he feels joy, but 2 seconds later he's hit in the face that there's not a lot of time left.

• Love 1

The "Uncle Whitney?" 

I'm of the opinion that she is being self-deprecating and talking about her facial hair because, you know, PCOS.

Someone who borderline might have had diabetes and is probably still pretty on the borderline should probably take better care of their feet if they want to keep them

On her FB page one of her followers states that they can't go on the cruise because they are in the hospital recuperating from having toes amputated.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I agree.  

But what Babs is really doing here is participating in some twisted "take-your-mom-to-work-day" with her emotionally stunted daughter who has the maturity of a middle-school mean-girl.  I started out loving Babs and Glen.  But I'm come to believe that Babs is one cold, calculating number.  I still think Glen is more-or-less just along for the ride.  But I believe both of them have convinced themselves that this show and the NBS BS is their only hope of keeping Whitney out of their guest bedroom.  

Or out of their basement.

Or garage.   I mean dance studio. 

• Love 2

Re "Uncle Whitney": Heather explains it as an inside joke, saying she called herself Uncle Heather to Twit's cats since h.s., so Twit calls herself Uncle Whitney to H's kids. I think an inside joke, made to 400,000 followers, is pretty stupid.

• Love 5

Just read Whitney's latest post on FB.  

Wow. Just, wow...

Pretty much saying she doesn't want to lose weight.

I call bullshit and think it's very irresponsible of her to promote this.  

And I'm almost as big as her so it's not fat shaming. It's disagreeing with her promoting this unhealthy philosophy.

Plus, I will never believe people our size don't want to lose weight. Bullshit.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Wow. Just, wow...

And I'm almost as big as her so it's not fat shaming. It's disagreeing with her promoting this unhealthy philosophy.

She is SO full of shit. If "intentional weight loss" isn't her goal, why has she (SUPPOSEDLY, portrayed on the show at least) lost about 30 lb in a matter of months? And why doesn't she bitch at her followers who tell her on every pic she posts "wow, you look so much thinner, doing great!" We know she loves to chew people out on social media, so why not those people?

• Love 3

I couldn't hold back any longer. I wrote a comment on her FB page about her absolute drivel: that she was killing her ppl, that she was heading for a My 600 Pound crossover, that I hoped TLC has cancelled her show, that fat is not fabulous. I wonder how long my comment will stay up?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Wow. Just, wow...

Here's to 400!

7 minutes ago, Dot said:

I couldn't hold back any longer. I wrote a comment on her FB page about her absolute drivel: that she was killing her ppl, that she was heading for a My 600 Pound crossover, that I hoped TLC has cancelled her show, that fat is not fabulous. I wonder how long my comment will stay up?

Nooo.  Keep it going. Buddy gets more unhealthy, Twit gets bigger, Tal loses more hair.  The only thing that remains the same is Todd's awkward, lazy dancing.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Dot said:

If she meant even the tiniest bit of the drivel she wrote, she wouldn't be at the gym with Will all the time. Now granted she doesn't even remotely try but she's had a consistent bit about how Twit struggles to lose weight with Will. She should pray that TLC never catches that post because I think it's plenty of proof that her show's due to be cancelled because the premise of her show "how to be fat, fabulous and healthy" is now just "how to be whiny, fat and not so fabulous." Or at least that's their spin on her show.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hey Dot, you got us a shout-out from Big Whit herself! :)  You know, I always assumed she read this forum - she's the kind who would be scouring the internet on a regular basis for any mention of herself.  I'm just surprised she'd confirm it! You must have really hit a nerve!

View previous replies

Whitney Way Thore Dot, please save your breath and time for the forum you use to obsessively post about and discuss me every day. Don't think I haven't seen it. ?

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply ·

· 35 mins

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15
48 minutes ago, MegD said:

If she meant even the tiniest bit of the drivel she wrote, she wouldn't be at the gym with Will all the time. Now granted she doesn't even remotely try but she's had a consistent bit about how Twit struggles to lose weight with Will. She should pray that TLC never catches that post because I think it's plenty of proof that her show's due to be cancelled because the premise of her show "how to be fat, fabulous and healthy" is now just "how to be whiny, fat and not so fabulous." Or at least that's their spin on her show.

If you read her comment you'll see her lame explanation that she tried to lose wgt only in the first season. After that, according to her, she saw the light of Body Positivity & now no longer wants to lose wgt. No explanation that I recall about Will & the gym.

1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

Hey Dot, you got us a shout -out from Big Whit herself! :)

Ha! I assume this means she is reading this forum. So, this is for you, Twit, dear: Fuck you.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

She likes us! She really likes us!

Whitney, we all assumed you'd seen it. You would look closely at a pile of dog shit if someone told you it had your name on it.

<Waves>

If she actually did read this forum, she knows that we're critical, but not mean.  Well, not really mean.

Hey Whit, can you comment on my previous post on the fact that your knee has almost completely worn out it's medial cartilage? #cantgetlow

• Love 3

I, for one, want her show to keep going. As I've said before, she motivates me to stick to healthy eating and regular trips to the gym like no one else on TV. Her overall condition and appearance is so tragic, and her pretense that she is all happy and fine and healthy for some reason makes me super-aware of the need to protect my own health for the long term.

Sometimes when I get to those last painful minutes of an hour of hard aerobic exercise, I actually silently chant her name as a mantra to get me through it.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I, for one, want her show to keep going. As I've said before, she motivates me to stick to healthy eating and regular trips to the gym like no one else on TV. Her overall condition and appearance is so tragic, and her pretense that she is all happy and fine and healthy for some reason makes me super-aware of the need to protect my own health for the long term.

Sometimes when I get to those last painful minutes of an hour of hard aerobic exercise, I actually silently chant her name as a mantra to get me through it.

That's probably the nicest thing one could honestly say about her. 

It surprises me that someone with so fabulous a life has enough time to read threads about herself frequently enough that she can IDENTIFY POSTERS BY NAME. Whitney, please stop stalking us; you're making it weird. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

As anyone could predict, her fans blindly rushed to defend her. So now she has a dilemma whether to delete the entire thread which proves that she can't stop reading about herself and is a colossal narcissist which erases all the comments by her minions.

Did anyone catch that little brag about having been an editor, copy writer, and free lance writer for years, in the Mirabella article.  When, pray tell, did she have that career? Are we considering her social media posts? And once again, she just HAS to make a correction so the narrative meets her own fantasy world.

Whitney, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Pachengala said:

It surprises me that someone with so fabulous a life has enough time to read threads about herself frequently enough that she can IDENTIFY POSTERS BY NAME. Whitney, please stop stalking us; you're making it weird. 

Right? I am the sort of person who gets one hateful Tweet and blocks the person forever so I never have to even think about their existence again. Apparently Whit has our shit bookmarked, or even home-paged.

26 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Did anyone catch that little brag about having been an editor, copy writer, and free lance writer for years, in the Mirabella article.  When, pray tell, did she have that career?

Oh, don't forget her book, "I Do It With the Lights On," which she totally wrote. Or someone ghost-wrote for her, more likely. She did pose for a photo and has "who farted?" outtakes from the shoot that she has no (body) shame about sharing.

• Love 4

I wonder how long it will be before someone from her camp joins us with the intention to defend her. Would she be the type to create a fake persona to do it herself? Of course, if someone with an open mind were to read this site they would see that most of the posts while snarky aren't destructive. As I recall some comments have been removed by the mods because they were fat shaming.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I wonder how long it will be before someone from her camp joins us with the intention to defend her. Would she be the type to create a fake persona to do it herself?

There is a (short) list of folks who have dropped by here and scolded us for mocking the faaaabulous Whitney, and I would not be the least surprised if it was actually Whitney, since she now admits to reading us DAILY (she knows who is posting "every day," after all). I agree that we are not making fun of obese people generally, just Whitney, because she is a delusional narcissist.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Did anyone catch that little brag about having been an editor, copy writer, and free lance writer for years, in the Mirabella article.  When, pray tell, did she have that career? Are we considering her social media posts? And once again, she just HAS to make a correction so the narrative meets her own fantasy world.

Whitney, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

Now, now.

Maybe she's referring to the years she's spent making shit up for MBFFL.

• Love 6

I just can't get over how she's saying she never intended and has no future intentions to lose weight.  What about the stuff between her and her trainer Will and all that dieting she was supposed to be doing on the show?  I guess we're supposed to forget about that.

I hope she does read this board - I have no ill will towards her but I think she is fooling herself into thinking that she will be able to be 400 lbs. and not end up in a wheelchair by the time she's 40, never mind my age!  Not being mindful and honest with herself or her fans about that very real prospect is dishonest and doesn't help anyone!  In fact, it only hurts them!  She is such a narcissist, though, she has herself convinced she is staying fat for fat women's sake - to champion them and stand up for their rights.  No, it's just to be an immature obstinate brat that sticks her tongue out to the "world" for "hating" on fat people.  Heck, I'm overweight myself but I can spot delusional when I see it.  Whitney, you can believe what you want, but when you are my age and on your 3rd knee replacement and bed ridden or wheelchair bound, you may come to regret not waking up to your own BS (in this case bull shit, not "body shame").  Many of us here are not all over you because we hate you or fat people.  We are all over you because you are deluding yourself.  We actually have to care about you to post things like this - Dot included!  Dot's anger is only because she CARES!  If not, she wouldn't post on your Facebook!  WAKE UP before it's too late!

• Love 8

Oh Hi Whitney. I am dying to know..where is this Magical Reality that you live in?

You know the place where you go that tells you you are Not tragic to look at? Is that the same place that tells you you are Not a Terrible person?

I want to go to that Magical place, but I can't find the time. I'm real busy with REALITY.

• Love 6

@Snarklepuss you are much nicer than I am, because I don't care about Whitney at all. She could be the healthiest person on the planet but she'd still have that hateful, spiteful personality and she's still treat everyone around her---family to friends to fans--- like crap, so she can rot for all I care. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I won't presume to speak for Dot, but I will say this - there was a time at the very beginning of her "fame" when I felt for Whitney. I thought she was earnestly trying to improve her health and her life, and the TLC editors were mocking her in a way she either couldn't or wouldn't  see.  But it didn't take long for me to see that wasn't the case.  Now I see a self-centered, morbidly obese woman much closer to forty than twenty, who has been handed an amazing opportunity to improve her own health and be a genuine role model to others with weight challenges, and who is too self-indulgent and whiney to grab it.  Portion control is too much for her! Cooking real food is too much for her! Healthy balanced meals make her roll her eyes like a toddler offered her first taste of broccoli!  Aerobic exercise is too much for her! (And that pitiful combination of fake hip hop and watered-down zumba she calls "dancing?" Please!)

I very much dislike the way she plays the victim (when she is not playing the bully) and I find it appalling that she is working so diligently to create a cult around herself of mostly women who are also obese and struggling with it.  It's those women that I feel for.  If you can't move easily through the world in your own body - that's something that you need to do all you can to change and improve. The message that you should settle for where you are because change is hard work, and and anyone who asks it of you hates you, is a pernicious message. It's Whitney's message.  It's coming from someone who really could improve her own life and that of others if she really wanted to, but she doesn't. No, I don't care about Whitney at all at this point.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I very much dislike the way she plays the victim (when she is not playing the bully) and I find it appalling that she is working so diligently to create a cult around herself of mostly women who are also obese and struggling with it.  It's those women that I feel for.  If you can't move easily through the world in your own body - that's something that you need to do all you can to change and improve. The message that you should settle for where you are because change is hard work, and and anyone who asks it of you hates you, is a pernicious message. It's Whitney's message.  Coming from someone who really could improve her own life and that of others if she really wanted to, but she doesn't. No, I don't care about Whitney at all at this point.

THIS is exactly the problem. Whitney is more than welcome to eat her way into an early grave if she chooses to, but she has no right to pull those vulnerable and gullible followers along with her. I'm reasonably fit but I come from an overweight family. I watch motivational weight loss shows to help me keep up the good fight. I don't want to end up with the weight-related health problems my mother had. I started watching because I wanted to root for her, but I stopped watching because if she doesn't give a crap about her own health, why should I? Whit's fight is the very opposite of good.

Also, I think it speaks volumes about her emotional state that she reads this board enough to recognize user names. Right now I hear her guffawing and insisting that she doesn't care what we think, but if she didn't care she wouldn't be taking names. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

THIS is exactly the problem. Whitney is more than welcome to eat her way into an early grave if she chooses to, but she has no right to pull those vulnerable and gullible followers along with her. I'm reasonably fit but I come from an overweight family. I watch motivational weight loss shows to help me keep up the good fight. I don't want to end up with the weight-related health problems my mother had. I started watching because I wanted to root for her, but I stopped watching because if she doesn't give a crap about her own health, why should I? Whit's fight is the very opposite of good.

Amen to this - I think one of the reasons Whitney can continue to let herself to live in a dream world is because her own mother does not have a weight problem with all the related health issues.  I watched my mother's weight literally kill her with all sorts of weight related illnesses.  Whitney doesn't have to face the cause and effect relationship between being morbidly obese and what it does to you as you age.  My mother probably weighed over 250 lbs. when she died at age 76, and she was only 4'11" tall!  She lead a sedentary lifestyle and had given up dieting and healthy eating.  There was no convincing her to change her ways.  It was a very horrible life lesson for me to learn and one big reason I will never give up fighting the good fight.  I don't think Whitney could allow herself to live in such denial if she had witnessed this with her own mother.

• Love 3

Oh, you know Twit only put that on her FB page in order to convince the world that her not losing weight was intentional.  And if she does manage to lose weight (Ha!  As if!), then it will be, "Oh my!  However did THAT happen?  I truly wasn't even trying to lose weight, and I lost it just by living my fabulous life!).  So she's covered both ways.  It will appease and apeal to her overweight stans, but the rest of the world sees through that ploy.  Too bad, so sad, Twit.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snarklepuss said:

Amen to this - I think one of the reasons Whitney can continue to let herself to live in a dream world is because her own mother does not have a weight problem with all the related health issues. [...] Whitney doesn't have to face the cause and effect relationship between being morbidly obese and what it does to you as you age.

I've seen everyone here say Babs is thin, but to me, she looks overweight even when factoring in her age. So, I think Babs actually does have a weight problem and the stroke is probably related to that. At the very least, it's related to her high sodium diet (assuming she actually does eat as much canned soup as the show portrayed) and her seemingly sedentary lifestyle. Whitney is already facing the cause and effect relationship of morbid obesity because she has limited mobility already at 33. She can't even comfortably put on her own shoes. She's already dealing with joint issues.

I feel for Whitney because I believe her when she says she was mentally tormented by her weight when she was younger, and that the body positivity mindset helped her to be free to live a happy life. I can't fault anyone for trying to have better mental health. Where I have a problem is when she presents this as if it's some sort of civil rights movement. All she did was decide that she would rather not set a goal to lose weight. That's cool, but not revolutionary. It's like someone deciding that they're happy to work a minimum wage job the rest of their life instead of trying to grow their career. It's completely fine to feel that way for yourself, but don't expect a bunch of accolades when you decide to start a #NoCareerShaming campaign. All you did was decide it was cool to be stagnant in that area of your life.

• Love 7

I know it's a bit off topic but I recently did an obstacle course race, and it was the single most empowering experience of my life, body-wise. I have never felt so good about my body, ever, and that includes my marathon finishes and the times in my life when I have looked absolutely amazing from the neck down. And it's all because of what my body could accomplish. Not what it looks like. Whitney's followers are mostly obese women who feel terrible about how their bodies look, and while Whitney COULD be a positive role model for caring about what one's body can do (which involves, shocker, exercising and eating right), instead Whitney is choosing to just wring her hands at the world and tell us we should think obesity is sexy. Fact: if you live a healthy lifestyle, you will feel sexy *even at a larger size.* It's too bad Whitney's fans don't cling on to a more positive message.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I just can't get over how she's saying she never intended and has no future intentions to lose weight.  What about the stuff between her and her trainer Will and all that dieting she was supposed to be doing on the show?  I guess we're supposed to forget about that.

Ha, I haven't forgotten.

Cue 'Barbells for Boobs' fake competition charity setup with 'modified' everything for Whit and Buddy, and eye-watertingly cringe inspirational speech of trainer Will "I pushed you because I knew you could, and now you know you can. You have it in you."

That was such a terrible clip.

This is the problem you've had your whole life Whitney (Because we know you read this).  You're the 'golden child'/baby of all your social circles.  You constantly demand/repeatedly rewarded to the n'th degree for the most inane events in your life, that if you even bothered to put effort into something worthwile, you'd get the same adoration, so why bother.

You don't enjoy getting better at anything.  You only enjoy the attention.

Stop this.  It's pretty self destructive as you have already known.

You're heading towards r/ragenchastain territory.

Please, please, don't be a post 40-year-old woman begging for relevancy.

• Love 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I know it's a bit off topic but I recently did an obstacle course race, and it was the single most empowering experience of my life, body-wise. I have never felt so good about my body, ever, and that includes my marathon finishes and the times in my life when I have looked absolutely amazing from the neck down. And it's all because of what my body could accomplish. Not what it looks like. Whitney's followers are mostly obese women who feel terrible about how their bodies look, and while Whitney COULD be a positive role model for caring about what one's body can do (which involves, shocker, exercising and eating right), instead Whitney is choosing to just wring her hands at the world and tell us we should think obesity is sexy. Fact: if you live a healthy lifestyle, you will feel sexy *even at a larger size.* It's too bad Whitney's fans don't cling on to a more positive message.

She's given up on the 'healthy', and focuses on the 'happy' which is completely idiotic.  Carrying 250 extra pounds, even if it's healthy, it's pretty miserable, in my mind anyways.  I wouldn't be happy at all.  Unless, of course, I find ways to dose myself with other things that would make me happy.  Like pasta and carbs and fraps.

Whitney has a bad habit of coming to terms with saying goodbye to activities that she used to be able to do, (horseback riding, dancing in a 3 minute workout video without breaking out into an exhaustive oxygen deficit, skiing, riding a bicycle, #cantgetlow, wearing heels, not wearing spandex to reduce chubrub, using stairs like a normal person, any sort of physical activity that doesn't require fake 'no I'm not breathing hard, at all'), that any healthy person should be able to maintain well into their 70's

I'm all for people for being happy with less.  But people usually make those choices, it's not an imposed set of conditions that people have to come to terms with.

Edited by qqererer
  • Love 4

Truth. The show used to be her talking about how she isn't considered attractive enough for this, wants to wear a two-piece swimsuit for that, then it gradually became more "I can't find clothes that fit," then "I don't fit into chairs or onto planes," then "I can't walk more than 1/4 mile without hurting," then "I'm getting tested for diabetes," then "I might have a heart condition," then "I hate eating food with nutritional value," then "stop filming me when I eat," then "I have such bad knees I can't even do the one thing I love anymore, but it's not about my weight, no sir." Honestly, next season might as well have her picking out a fuckin' casket. The fact that she can't even dance (don't call twerking in place and waving your arms "dancing," lady) should be a massive wake-up call. That is the only physical activity that seems to bring her any joy. Once that's gone, she is done with movement forever.

• Love 6

Wow. Being an old lady, I did one of my frequent sleep-ins, didn't get up until 10:45 a.m. PDT & found this fascinating -- and lengthy -- thread. Having been the one to open up this can of worms, I have a few things to say. Right now, tho, I'm going to have a cup o' tea & organize my thoughts. And, I guess, read what the rabid fans have to say since apparently my comment on Twit's FB page is still up, which surprises me. 

I wonder if some are attacking me on MY FB page as they usually do when Twit sics them on someone. I hope so as it would be a total waste of their time. I'm not a FB junkie; the only reason I have a page is so I can play Angry Birds Friends. So there's nothing on my FB page & I never go there, having no reason to.

• Love 7

Well Dot, your innocent little post to her FB page made her admit that she is a constant lurker here and that is really kind of amazing.  As far as the comments that are directed to you, there is not one that could be considered well-informed.

As far as her not trying to lose weight after the first season, it certainly wasn't in season one when she was in the antique shop with her mother and was crying about not being able to find a man because she was fat.  Do her supporters have no memory at all?

I will give props to the one who semi-called her out on being disappointed that her brother didn't swipe right on Tinder yet bailed when she found out that her blind date might have been a distant relative.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Dot said:

Wow. Being an old lady, I did one of my frequent sleep-ins, didn't get up until 10:45 a.m. PDT & found this fascinating -- and lengthy -- thread. Having been the one to open up this can of worms, I have a few things to say. Right now, tho, I'm going to have a cup o' tea & organize my thoughts. And, I guess, read what the rabid fans have to say since apparently my comment on Twit's FB page is still up, which surprises me. 

I wonder if some are attacking me on MY FB page as they usually do when Twit sics them on someone. I hope so as it would be a total waste of their time. I'm not a FB junkie; the only reason I have a page is so I can play Angry Birds Friends. So there's nothing on my FB page & I never go there, having no reason to.

Holy fuck, I just checked the replies to your comment on Whit's page. It is interesting how Whitney claims to be so opposed to body shaming and bullying but lets her followers post about what YOU must look like, and how horrible you are/threats and such. What a bunch of psychos. Obviously they have been bullied their entire lives and salivate at the chance to be on the other side of it. What a grotesque group. Nothing you said was even CLOSE to the level of vitriol that they're spouting.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Holy fuck, I just checked the replies to your comment on Whit's page. It is interesting how Whitney claims to be so opposed to body shaming and bullying but lets her followers post about what YOU must look like, and how horrible you are/threats and such. What a bunch of psychos. Obviously they have been bullied their entire lives and salivate at the chance to be on the other side of it. What a grotesque group. Nothing you said was even CLOSE to the level of vitriol that they're spouting.

What surprised me was that a couple of them saw my point. You're right -- most were really ugly, demeaning & bullying comments. I am still laughing my ass off.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I just read through a lot of them. As someone with PCOS who was morbidly obese for many years (down 104ish lbs with changing diet and exercise), I just can't imagine thinking how she currently is, is healthy by any stretch of the imagination and being such a rabid defender as most of her followers are. I get and support the idea of not being body shamed (and I've experienced that for about as long as she's been alive) but I was never happy with how I looked and more importantly how I felt. It took a long time for me to get my act together, I wish I would have done it at her age. My life is so much better now.

• Love 5

I'm just confused by the "don't think I don't know" about the forum... were we trying to hide it? 

I don't feel too bad if she is reading here... funny thing is it started out mostly positive for her, it wasn't until season after season of excuses/lies that the snarking started.  Also to be fair, for the most part we snark on her behavior, not appearance.

• Love 10
(edited)

One of the things @Ketzel wrote particularly resonated with me, viz., that at the beginning she felt for Whitney cuz she was trying to improve her health. Some of you may recall I said essentially the same thing a while back: I came for the premise but stayed for the snark. When the show was first announced, I looked forward to a young woman's journey to good health while refusing to let her wgt & appearance get her down. Instead, I got a show about a narcissist who espouses an unsound & unsafe philosophy. And, as @momofsquid wrote, she can eat herself to death, if she wants, but has no right to take "vulnerable and gullible followers" with her. In summary I agree with @Snarklepuss in her comment to Twit: "We are all over you because you are deluding yourself."

Her rabid fans called me out for not revealing who am I am, not that I know anything about any of them either. But I am happy to explain why I have a right to express my opinion of Twit's drivel, esp. as it relates to the potential harm she can cause to susceptible women who believe every word she says. I am going to post an abbreviated version of this on Twit's FB page if I am still not yet blocked.

Here is who I am: a nearly 79-year-old woman with a multiplicity of health problems, all of which can be traced back to a lifetime of obesity interlaced with yo-yo dieting. (Are you reading this, Twit? It's primarily a warning to you.) Both knees are shot; I use a cane or walker or electric scooter. I have hypertension, high cholesterol & diabetes 2. My doc is currently pissed at me because one of my heart's arteries is believed clogged with plaque & I thus far have refused to have an angiagram.

I have been fat since I was 5 years old -- sometimes really, really fat & sometimes just chubby. I finally really let myself go & reached an estimated 380 #s -- could have been 390+; at the time my doc didn't didn't have a scale to weigh me. One morning -- it was 04/05/04, I still remember -- I awoke & acknowledged I was gonna die soon if I kept eating the way I was. That day I started a routine of exercise (I use this little foot peddle thing & rubber bands now), healthy eating & keeping a diet diary. I was 65 when I started. I never have been able to get below 260#s, much as I'd love to lose another 100#s. (I kinda subscribe to the set point theory in bariatrics.) But I can now fit in a chair with arms. My car's steering wheel doesn't rub across my belly. For all my health problems, I feel pretty good most of the time. And I have lived about 14 years longer than I would have as a near-400#er.

I have managed to maintain those 260#s all these years tho I realized recently that I had gained about 20#  gradually, without noticing, over a couple of years. I have lost most of that gain & plan to be more attentive in the future. I WILL NEVER WEIGH 380#s AGAIN.

So, that's who I am, Whitney: your future if you don't quit lying to yourself & your rabid fans. I wish I had learned my lesson at 33, not 65.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 23
18 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I'm just confused by the "don't think I don't know" about the forum... were we trying to hide it? 

I don't feel too bad if she is reading here... funny thing is it started out mostly positive for her, it wasn't until season after season of excuses/lies that the snarking started.  Also to be fair, for the most part we snark on her behavior, not appearance.

I know, in fact we have often speculated here as to whether she reads this forum.  Now we know she does!

I just wish she could understand that no one here is out to cut her down because we're mean fat haters.  No one here is a fat shamer or hater than I know of and in fact a few of us could stand to lose at least 20 -50 lbs. or more.  What we get upset with her about is her inability to face the truth and come to terms with it.  No one here would be so down on her if not for that.  It's no shame on her to admit she has a problem and needs help but she keeps going for that "confirmation bias" thing where she only listens to the people that support her in her denial and tunes out the rest.  The fact that she reads this board tells me that deep down inside she knows better, though, or she wouldn't know who "Dot" was and where she posts.  BTW @Dot, I love you!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Truth. The show used to be her talking about how she isn't considered attractive enough for this, wants to wear a two-piece swimsuit for that, then it gradually became more "I can't find clothes that fit," then "I don't fit into chairs or onto planes," then "I can't walk more than 1/4 mile without hurting," then "I'm getting tested for diabetes," then "I might have a heart condition," then "I hate eating food with nutritional value," then "stop filming me when I eat," then "I have such bad knees I can't even do the one thing I love anymore, but it's not about my weight, no sir." Honestly, next season might as well have her picking out a fuckin' casket. The fact that she can't even dance (don't call twerking in place and waving your arms "dancing," lady) should be a massive wake-up call. That is the only physical activity that seems to bring her any joy. Once that's gone, she is done with movement forever.

And this is why I am short on sympathy any more for her fat fan club - they have eyes and ears and brains and are seeing the same things we are.  At this point it's just willful blindness, IMO.

• Love 8
(edited)

Meanwhile on FB, Whitney is needlessly slandering yet another person with absolutely no information. Her fat-woman friend (or "friend," I have no idea how or if they know each other) was on a flight seated next to a guy who apparently texted someone about this fat woman sitting next to him, and the fat woman sneaks a peek at his phone, sees what he's writing, and decides to start fuckin' World War 3 about it, despite the fact that the guy never said a word to the actual fat woman in question. Whitney is such a shit-stirring cyber-bullying psychopath. And I am tired of this ridiculous victim mentality where all these obese women respond "THIS IS WHY I DON'T FLY BECAUSE EVERYONE IS JUDGING ME!!!" In Roxane Gay's book "Hunger" (which is a good book but I have some issues with it), she gets into this a lot, how she feels everyone is watching/judging/laughing at her, but at least Roxane also admits that it's largely because she is exceedingly self-conscious as a fat woman.

Edited by ClareWalks
clarity
  • Love 6

Well, I posted my "Who I Am" retort to Twit's fans. But, being a Proud SM Klutz, I'm not sure WHERE it ended up. Under the main comments? Under Twit's reply to my comment? Under someone else's reply? Dunno. Anyway, here's what I posted:

You St. Whitney fans are calling me out for not revealing myself, not that I know anything about any of you either. So here is who I am: a 78-year-old woman with a multiplicity of health problems, all of which can be traced back to a lifetime of obesity interlaced with yo-yo dieting. Both knees are shot; I use a cane or walker or electric scooter. I have hypertension, high cholesterol & diabetes 2; one heart artery is clogged with plaque, amount unknown. I have been fat since I was 5 years old -- sometimes very, very fat & sometimes just chubby. I finally really let myself go & reached 380#s. One morning -- it was 04/05/04, I still remember -- I admitted I was gonna die soon if I kept eating the way I was. That day I started a routine of exercise (I use this little foot peddle thing & rubber bands now), healthy eating & keeping a diet diary. I was 65 when I started. I'm still obese,  never able to get below 260#s, much as I'd love to lose another 100#s. But for all my health problems, I feel pretty good most of the time. And I have lived about 14 years longer than I would have as a 400#er. I WILL NEVER WEIGH 380#s AGAIN. That's who I am, Whitney & deluded fans: YOUR future if you don't quit lying to yourselves. I wish I had learned my lesson at 33, not 65. Regarding MBFFL: I wanted to watch a show about a young woman working at improving her health while not letting her size & appearance get her down. Instead, I got a narcissist who espouses an unsound & unsafe philosophy to vulnerable followers.

• Love 21

@Dot *mic drop* You are the wise sassy friend that everybody needs! And while I am sure you will have many more years to snark with us about "Big Whit," I hope her show gets canceled before then so her cult might stop expanding. :)

• Love 8

@Dot If they have any sense at all, your story will force a couple of Whitney's followers to wake up. Thank you for posting it. As for Whitney, she'll find some way to use it to double down on her denial. I really think she's beyond help. Wanting to feel better is nothing but self-hatred, right?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

@Dot *mic drop* You are the wise sassy friend that everybody needs! And while I am sure you will have many more years to snark with us about "Big Whit," I hope her show gets canceled before then so her cult might stop expanding. :)

Awwwwwwww! ?

• Love 3

Omg i love this so much! Since We know now Twit reads this forum, this is mesage is for you - fuck off! You are such a narcissistic  twat who is so self absorbed. I honeslty do hope you get onto 600lb life cuz it would serve you right and be the icing on the cake of your complete delusional life. And no I am not fatphobic, I just hate narcissistic spoiled entitled brats!     I could go on but most of what I want to say has been said by everyone else on here. It has nothing to do with your weight and everything to do with your attitude.  

• Love 8