Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I wondered at the time if Ryan was mainly interested in making it clear he wasn't going to play the role. There he was, trying hard to hook her up with one of his bros, but she kept scaring them off. So he threw himself on the mercy of his bestie, and Chase was persuaded to step in, with the understanding that it wasn't going to be for real. I can just imagine Ryan saying, "Nothing's real about  a show like this man. The money's good, you'll get to travel, and all you have to do is play her boyfriend on TV!"

THIS!! Especially the bold part. Whitney has mentioned at least a couple of times that they met on a dating app but ‘clearly weren’t right for each other’. She never considers someone isn’t right for her. To me that screamed that the original plan was that Ryan was going to be the fiancé but he just wouldn’t do it. So he scrambled around until he convinced Chase it would be worth the cash. 

• Love 8

I have a sneaking suspicion that once the $hit hit the fan re engagement and Buddy moved in with the Twit, that Babs hightailed it back to Greensboro. She probably called Glen to come and save her from the crazies! I can just imagine life in that condo with those two!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that once the $hit hit the fan re engagement and Buddy moved in with the Twit, that Babs hightailed it back to Greensboro. She probably called Glen to come and save her from the crazies! I can just imagine life in that condo with those two!

I agree especially because I don’t believe she went to be with Whitney to stay away from Glen. I think she went to care for Whitney. Now that Buddy is there she doesn’t have to. 

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree especially because I don’t believe she went to be with Whitney to stay away from Glen. I think she went to care for Whitney. Now that Buddy is there she doesn’t have to. 

If Glen is still working, though, Babs is safer quarantining with Whit. But if Buddy and Glen are both working, the risk due to exposure is probably about the same. If that's the case, I'd go back to my own house too.

• Love 4

I think she went to care for Whitney

Especially if Whitney was upset upon learning that Casey had taken up with the gf.

If Whitney hadn't known it was fake in the beginning and found out about the gf sometime around the Paris trip it would explain a lot.  She was only acting once she learned the truth: her lukewarm response at the Eiffel tower,  the call to Dadwee, lack of reaction by the barnacles in Paris, the weird televised engagement party and the lack of engagement announcements. Because by then, everyone in the group knew the truth.

I thought that her increase in activity and subsequent weight loss were the result of her being happy when she thought she had met the man of her dreams. She was dressing more appropriately and looked happy early on. It's possible that she stopped disrobing because he had told her that he didn't want her showing her almost naked beauty to anyone but him. (He has shown a bit of a control issue as well as jealousy.)

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

If Glen is still working, though, Babs is safer quarantining with Whit. But if Buddy and Glen are both working, the risk due to exposure is probably about the same. If that's the case, I'd go back to my own house too.

Not really.  If she's  back in  Gboro, with Glenn  still  working  that means she's  alone  during the day.  Not a good sitchiashun. 😉 

At least  in Charlotte,  she has Twit  available to  call 911 if something happens.  

Whitney said Hunter was staying with Glenn. (I wonder how they divvied up the parents? Did Glenn and Babs have a say?) No reason to think he isn't still there at this point.

• Love 5
(edited)

If TLC doesn’t euthanize this show, can they at least change the name My Big Fat Existence? “Fabulous” and “Life” just seem cruel at the point, I can’t imagine anyone wanting to live Whit’s humiliation, I honestly feel bad about her life choices, although she is an adult and has to sleep in the bed that she made.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Whit and Buddy feed off one another and it’s going to be a lifelong situation. They seem very comfortable and happy around one another, so maybe they should remain single roommates (dear God, make him get a damn reliable job and pay rent) and get back to their old, off-camera lives and kick the fakery to the curb. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, John M said:

If TLC doesn’t euthanize this show, can they at least change the name My Big Fat Existence? “Fabulous” and “Life” just seem cruel at the point, I can’t imagine anyone wanting to live Whit’s humiliation, I honestly feel bad about her life choices, although she is an adult and has to sleep in the bed that she made.

Pffft. Like  Twit  ever made a bed in her life.  (On a related note,  given  her personal  hygiene  habits,  wonder how  often she  washes/changes the sheets? Ew.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney said Hunter was staying with Glenn. (I wonder how they divvied up the parents? Did Glenn and Babs have a say?) No reason to think he isn't still there at this point.

If Glen is still working, as has been reported, he couldn’t leave home.

4 hours ago, John M said:

She has shaked her hideous body in our faces while sticking her middle finger in the air since this show started.  A bit of shame should finally be felt.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So she sanitized her IG after the breakup but she forgot to delete her wedding website on the Knot LOL.

I totally forgot about The Knot, they were obviously going to do some product tie-in lol.

“What I love most about Chase is his kind and gentle spirit,” Thore says. “He is incredibly loving and never hesitates to show how much he loves me through his actions and the things he does.

Like knocking up another woman Whit?

https://www.theknotnews.com/whitney-way-thore-proposal-story-43230

• LOL 3

I'll be blunt... I don't think there was any "reconnecting" with an old girlfriend. I don't think that Chase ever broke up with his girlfriend during this whole fiasco, or that he at least started seeing her while he was supposed to be dating Whitney. Whitney and TLC are rushing to try to save face but it's obvious that this is just a case of Chase's real relationship getting in the way of his fake, made-for-tv one. End of story.

And it's interesting that Whitney is still following Chase on Instragram. In a normal relationship, unfollowing is one of the first things you'd normally do when scrubbing your ex off your social media. But then, maybe she and TLC need one last appearance so they can set Whitney up for her grand heroic recovery. *rolls eyes*

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I'll be blunt... I don't think there was any "reconnecting" with an old girlfriend. I don't think that Chase ever broke up with his girlfriend during this whole fiasco, or that he at least started seeing her while he was supposed to be dating Whitney. Whitney and TLC are rushing to try to save face but it's obvious that this is just a case of Chase's real relationship getting in the way of his fake, made-for-tv one. End of story.

And it's interesting that Whitney is still following Chase on Instragram. In a normal relationship, unfollowing is one of the first things you'd normally do when scrubbing your ex off your social media. But then, maybe she and TLC need one last appearance so they can set Whitney up for her grand heroic recovery. *rolls eyes*

How dare you doubt that these two people who were so madly in love that they were engaged within 6 months!

BOtdew9.jpg

doTGabp.jpg

They can barely keep their hands off each other!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2020 at 3:24 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

I never watched the engagement party episode of MBFFL because I was so over the whole stupid and fake Chase storyline mid-way through the Paris trip. I’m watching it now out of morbid curiosity and it’s truly amazing how awkward everyone is...even without the benefit of hindsight. Glenn looks like he’d rather be water-boarded. Everyone else is just phoning it in. It’s hella weird. The only ones committing to the charade are Twit and Babs. And we all know that those two are famewhores to the nth degree so that’s not shocking at all. The vibe in the room is one of resignation and desperation...not happiness. God bless Kym for her ability to add a bit of levity to this dirge-like atmosphere...

What’s up with the make up at that “party”.  The women look like it must have been applied with a paint roller.  It’s not an attractive bunch to begin with but the layers and layers of flesh colored goo makes them look so much older and like they are unwell or something.  Makeup makes everyone look worse but this was truly dire. 

Has there been any evidency (such as photos posted on their social media or a candid taken by someone who saw them out in public) doing anything that wasn't related to the show or the NOBS workout with Ryan? I mean, if they've been dating for a least a few months, they would have been seen being out and socializing. Going out to dinner or a movie? Whitney is a minor celebrity in her neck of the woods and, let's be honest here, she's hard to miss. Someone would have posted something somewhere. 

Everything we've seen of the two of them has been completely staged for the show or the business. Chase went along on the cruise last fall because Whitney needed him to be seen with her for the brand. She moved to the same state that Chase lived in for... reasons... but picked a city that was far enough away from where Chase's business was that there were excuses for them not to see one another more often. Not exactly what you'd expect for two people so passionately in love.

And with no way to manage what Chase did when he wasn't "on the clock", he was free to pursue the relationship that he really wanted. Someone who wasn't Whitney. If they really wanted to be together, they would have found a way to make things work. That they didn't speaks volumes, no matter what her sycophants claim.

• Love 10

Plenty of people are also noting that while, on the show, Chase seemed completely ambivalent about having children with Whitney but seems really excited (according to his instagram post) about his impending fatherhood. I don't think we need any more evidence that this "relationship" existed nowhere except in the writers room or Whitney's imagination.

• Love 15

Has there been any evidency (such as photos posted on their social media or a candid taken by someone who saw them out in public) doing anything that wasn't related to the show

This might qualify although it is somewhat show related, but after filming had ceased. There is someone on Reddit who was on the same plane when they flew back from Paris. Twit and Casey did not sit together. She was in first class, he was not. When they landed they went their own ways without even acknowledging each other. The same poster asked Twit to take a selfie with her and it is posted as proof.

The only thing that doesn't quite comport is that she is wearing the ring he obviously did not buy.

I don't think we need any more evidence that this "relationship" existed nowhere except in the writers room or Whitney's imagination.

At least part way through the season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Has there been any evidency (such as photos posted on their social media or a candid taken by someone who saw them out in public) doing anything that wasn't related to the show or the NOBS workout with Ryan? I mean, if they've been dating for a least a few months, they would have been seen being out and socializing. Going out to dinner or a movie? Whitney is a minor celebrity in her neck of the woods and, let's be honest here, she's hard to miss. Someone would have posted something somewhere. 

Not that I’m aware of. The closest came when she posted photos of the two of them at the boxing place where Ryan works. But since it was related to Ryan it really was more Chase visiting his friend’s new job rather than an outing for two engaged people. (Or dating - I can’t remember if they were engaged at that time or not). 

One thing that I find interesting in hindsight is a comment Chase made during an ‘ask me’ thing on SM. I don’t remember the exact words but they were talking about why they don’t live together. Whitney tried to pretend it was because Chase won’t move to Charlotte. Chase said ‘well you don’t need to live in Charlotte. You could move to Wilmington’. Whitney sent him death stares. At the time it seemed like she was upset that he would challenge him in any way and imply her “job” with NoBSActive really didn’t require living in Charlotte full time. But assuming she knew about the girlfriend, it’s even funnier. Chase made her look selfish and stupid for not moving to Wilmington when she knew damn well there was no point in her moving there since that’s where Chase’s real girlfriend is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Plenty of people are also noting that while, on the show, Chase seemed completely ambivalent about having children with Whitney but seems really excited (according to his instagram post) about his impending fatherhood. I don't think we need any more evidence that this "relationship" existed nowhere except in the writers room or Whitney's imagination.

Eh - I wouldn't take that post as a sign of excitement. If you're going to post about impending parenthood, I don't think that you're going to post "I'm ambivalent but since it's not really up to me, I'm going to be a dad whether I want to or not." He may actually be excited - I don't know - but that post is just a standard social media acknowledgement of something a lot of people already knew.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

She moved to the same state that Chase lived in

No. She already  lived there. She's FROM there. She's  lived in NC her entire life  except for  when she was  teaching in South Korea.  

• Love 4
(edited)

image.jpeg.90632508aab1cec8007bd2478e3b91b6.jpeg

Define messing around.

On a different note, NoBS is recycling pics but posting again.  I’m not sure if it’s Whitney or Ryan posting.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
(edited)

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-chase-romance-a-fake/

This pretty much confirms what we all knew already right at the outset of this showmance.

I would love to know who the 'source' is. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it were one of Whitney's AWOL former cast mates such as Mattie or Donna lol.

Whoever it is, it seems they are really gunning for Whitney and out to expose her! You'd think she had made an enemy of someone...who Whitney?...never!!

I have my popcorn at the ready eagerly awaiting the next bombshell said source will drop. Very satisfying to see the perpetual victim get her just desserts for all these BS fake storylines every series.

Edited by Laural
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I would love to know who the 'source' is. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it were one of Whitney's AWOL former cast mates such as Mattie or Donna lol.

Actually she was just a fan of the show in the beginning because she also has PCOS but is slim. When she said she mentioned it, Twit looked her up and down. The newly affianced couple were not even together while waiting to board.

I think that after the initial article on Soapdirt was posted it was edited to remove some details.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Actually she was just a fan of the show in the beginning because she also has PCOS but is slim. When she said she mentioned it, Twit looked her up and down. The newly affianced couple were not even together while waiting to board.

I think that after the initial article on Soapdirt was posted it was edited to remove some details.

When I was a few months into dating my now-husband, we traveled overseas together. He was traveling, in part, for work so he was in business class while I was in coach. I looked at upgrading and it was too expensive. Despite my protests, he insisted on giving up his business class seat to sit with me in coach ( and it was a long flight). One of many early signs that he was a keeper...

• Love 14
On 5/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, Hana Chan said:

Well... for all those of us who saw this as fakery fakeness from the start... kudos!

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for Whitney, because even through it was obvious that  this "relationship" was staged for television, it's got to be embarrassing to have it blow up like this. There has been a lot of press focused on her "engagement" and not only is it over, but it's over because Chase's real girlfriend is now expecting. Regardless that this was all staged, that's going to sting. 

While I'm sure that TLC had a clause in Chase's contract that he could not do anything that might imply that what appeared on screen was not real, I don't see what they can do to enforce it. Unplanned pregnancies do happen. And how could TLC sue him for breach of contract without revealing that the whole thing was scripted and Chase just went "off script".

I have no doubt that the writers will figure out a way to spin this and give Whitney a hero's story. Chase was a jerk who "cheated on her" and Whitney can get lots of screen time with her barnacles and family, trying to console her and build her up again. She'll go off on some grand adventure to prove to the world that a fat woman can have a fabulous life, dammit! Maybe they'll send her to Nepal so she can be the first person weighing 400lbs to climb Mt. Everest. And they can end the season with a proposal from her true love, Buddy.

No empathy from me. Whitney has been faking this show for years and every season it is worse than the previous season. I'm hoping she learns a lesson about fake stories, but willing to bet there'll be an even more fantastical one if there's a next season. Lies upon lies upon lies. And more lies. 

It's not even reality TV, it's epic bad acting by normal people faking their lives. This show needs to go away and Whitney needs to fade into obscurity. This is the worst "reality" show out there. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

No empathy from me. Whitney has been faking this show for years and every season it is worse than the previous season. I'm hoping she learns a lesson about fake stories, but willing to bet there'll be an even more fantastical one if there's a next season. Lies upon lies upon lies. And more lies. 

Yeah, she deserves all of this, she has spent the last few years screaming "Look at me! Look at me!" she doesn't get to then demand privacy when the whole thing blows up in her face.

It cuts both ways, she was all too happy to seek attention with her fake relationship when she thought it made her look good, now she has to live with the negative attention.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It's not even reality TV, it's epic bad acting by normal people faking their lives. This show needs to go away and Whitney needs to fade into obscurity. This is the worst "reality" show out there. 

I’m a reality junkie and agree this is the worst out there. 

While I’d had boyfriends I was very single, never married, no kids at 35- also in the South. I think it would be compelling TV to watch someone REALLY navigate those waters. Whether she dates lot or none at all- single is ok. To completely fake a relationship is  beyond lame. 

Karma is indeed a bitch. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I’m a reality junkie and agree this is the worst out there. 

While I’d had boyfriends I was very single, never married, no kids at 35- also in the South. I think it would be compelling TV to watch someone REALLY navigate those waters. Whether she dates lot or none at all- single is ok. To completely fake a relationship is  beyond lame. 

Karma is indeed a bitch. 

At the same time though it's becoming more and more socially acceptable for people to be happily single in their mid-thirties and living alone, people believe that they are legitimately happy with their life choices. 

It's Whit's desperation that makes this so pathetic. Have we already forgotten that we had what, a whole seasons of Whit going on and on about how Roy was secretly in love with her.

In the words of Mother Ru, if you don't love yourself, how in the hell you going to love somebody else? Whit is clearly someone that doesn't love herself, no matter how try she tries to pretend that she is fabulous, and kind, and sensus. As soon as she had her fake boyfriend the first thing she did was start cutting down her friends over their love lives.

• Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, John M said:

As soon as she had her fake boyfriend the first thing she did was start cutting down her friends over their love lives.

Not to mention criticize him (Oh, Chase, you are so corny. Oh, Chase you are using the wrong fork! Oh Chase, I can't believe you are using that language in front of your father!)  and order him around. (Chase, you get the rest of my bags out of the car. I have to talk to Buddy.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Whatever123449 said:

I think Whitney loves the attention and my guess is she’s loving it, all of this, the speculation, the support, even the hate. If you have your own show that tells me you love the spotlight, for good or bad reasons.

Whitney loves attention and when she gets bad attention (like someone mocking her for her size), she wants to make sure that she can turn it around so that she looks like a victim, bravely soldiering on in the face or prejudice while she fights for the acceptance to just live her life, goddamn it!

So long as she looks like the wronged woman, played for a fool by an unfaithful partner, it's all well and good. But having it openly discussed that the relationship wasn't real and was just staged for the cameras is humiliating because, yet again, Whitney has shown that she cannot land a man on her own. She's fulfilled the stereotype of the lonesome fat woman, starved for love. That her Big Fat Fabulous Life is indeed nothing but a sham. That is what will bother her. She doesn't have the wealth of a Kardashian to insulate her. And I do believe very strongly that she was behind this fake relationship, at least so far that she agreed to enthusiastically go along with it.

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Not to mention criticize him (Oh, Chase, you are so corny. Oh, Chase you are using the wrong fork! Oh Chase, I can't believe you are using that language in front of your father!)  and order him around. (Chase, you get the rest of my bags out of the car. I have to talk to Buddy.)

I think it was even better (worse) than that. She criticized him for bringing the fork to his mouth tines down instead of tines up, which is technically not improper, just more common in Europe than the U.S. 

Sheesh - if you are going to be obnoxious enough to criticize someone's etiquette, at least get it right.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Whitney loves attention and when she gets bad attention (like someone mocking her for her size), she wants to make sure that she can turn it around so that she looks like a victim, bravely soldiering on in the face or prejudice while she fights for the acceptance to just live her life, goddamn it!

I'm just confused a what we are supposed to believe, that this was a whirlwind meant to be fairy tail romance for the ages, engaged in 6 months in Paris, when you know, you know, or this is a troubled up and down relationship from the start, driven by so much relationship drama and distance Chase couldn't manage not to stick his penis in another woman for 6 month.

Whit just looks like an idiot either way. That or the whole thing was made up, which is just pathetic.

You've backed yourself into a corner, which one is it, pathetic lovelorn idiot or pathetic liar?

Edited by John M
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, John M said:

Chase couldn't manage not to stick his penis in another woman for 6 month.

More like 6 weeks.  The original version that I read said the baby is due in August.  That would mean  conception  took place around  November.  

Hmmmmm. Now it makes  even more sense that  we didn't  see the happy  fake couple  together  at Thanksgiving or Christmas.......

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, John M said:

Whit just looks like an idiot either way. That or the whole thing was made up, which is just pathetic.

You've backed yourself into a corner, which one is it, pathetic lovelorn idiot or pathetic liar?

My question is how much humiliation is she willing to take?  This thing with Chase. The whole Avi situation.  Her stalking of Lenny.   The “romance” with the talkshow personality who was just trying to be nice and respectful to her and he was gay!!! He had absolutely no romantic interest in her.  The split she did while on skis that took an army to get her back on her feet. The countless shots of her ass in the most unflattering way.  

The worst part of this is that she is reinforcing a stereotype that fat girls can’t get a man. And that is simply not true. There are plenty of fat girls that have husbands and boyfriends that are decent men. And you have a whole legion of them on My 600 Pound Life who have husbands and boyfriends (in this case, most are not worth having).  So Ms Fat Activist is actually validating the very thing that she is supposedly trying overcome.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12

Somewhere along the line, the original premise of the show (about an engaging young woman who happened to be very obese but was still happy and lived a fulfilling life) got lost and it became about stunts to try and make Whitney look like a lot more than she was. And each time one of these stunts went pear-shaped (no pun intended), the show had to escalate the stunts in order to keep up the pretense that Whitney is indeed amazing so don't pay attention to all the times she fell flat on her face. Whitney can't manage a basic fun-run? Well, let's send her to Alaska where she can do an endurance trail. Her dance classes are something of a flop? Well, she's the biggest fitness coach (again, no pun intended) with an international reach and a weight lifting champion. Whatever charm Whitney might have had in the beginning has been covered up by this constant effort to make her seem larger than life.

And now it's all collapsing around her. Sure, a lot of her fans thought that the relationship was real and are expressing sympathy for her but there are an increasing number that do see what was really going on. And they're not happy. People who struggle with their weight and want to have a full life regardless of their size deserve to have an idol that actually does succeed in life on her own merits. Whitney and this show isn't it.

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, Kid said:

The “romance” with the talkshow personality who was just trying to be nice and respectful to her and he was gay!!! He had absolutely no romantic interest in her.

Basically forced him to come out of the closet against his will because she would not shut up about him being borderline obsessed with her romantically and too embarrassed/shy/awkward to admit it. And that was a plot line for what, an entire season if not longer?

Then we had the browbeating to get Buddy to admit that they had sex once. Honey you are almost 40 goddamn years old, we believe someone fucked you once, we don't care because is this fucking high school and your V-Card? I'm pretty sure everyone I know, thin, fat, single, married, conventionally attractive, not conventionally attractive that is over 30 damn years old has fucked someone before, many have children to prove it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, John M said:

I'm just confused a what we are supposed to believe, that this was a whirlwind meant to be fairy tail romance for the ages, engaged in 6 months in Paris, when you know, you know, or this is a troubled up and down relationship from the start, driven by so much relationship drama and distance Chase couldn't manage not to stick his penis in another woman for 6 month.

I suppose it could be both? Maybe it was supposed to have been a dramatic and volatile relationship with big emotions, both good and bad? Romance for the ages when it was good and driven into the arms of a former (allegedly) lover when it's bad?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

People who struggle with their weight and want to have a full life regardless of their size deserve to have an idol that actually does succeed in life on her own merits. 

No, they do not, they deserve to live their lives in a way that makes them happy and fulfilled, fat, thin, assigned the correct gender at birth, scared emotionally or physically, chasing "fabulousness" is a fraud that Whit sold her soul for. She should be disgusted with her very unfabulous, pathetic life and try and be better.

6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I suppose it could be both? Maybe it was supposed to have been a dramatic and volatile relationship with big emotions, both good and bad? Romance for the ages when it was good and driven into the arms of a former (allegedly) lover when it's bad?

Elizabeth Taylor wouldn't have been caught dead in that engagement ring.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, John M said:

Chase couldn't manage not to stick his penis in another woman for 6 month.

But why should he have to? This is a fake relationship. He played his role. He showed up and pretended. Sure he is a crappy actor but he did what he signed up for. So when he wasn’t working, i.e. fulfilling his agreement with the TV show, he was with his girlfriend and having sex with her - like people in a relationship do. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, John M said:

No, they do not, they deserve to live their lives in a way that makes them happy and fulfilled, fat, thin, assigned the correct gender at birth, scared emotionally or physically, chasing "fabulousness" is a fraud that Whit sold her soul for. She should be disgusted with her very unfabulous, pathetic life and try and be better.

Not everyone is that confident. For the most part, even at my heaviest, I didn't let my weight stop me from doing much of what I was physically capable of doing. I traveled, held down a job and worked out. But I'm not going to lie that having people judging me in public did have an impact on how I did things. It's not exactly pleasant to be eating out without someone judging what's on my plate. If I was eating something indulgent, I felt like they were thinking that of course, that was why I am fat. If I was eating something healthy, it felt like they were thinking "Who the hell does she think that she's fooling?". Going to a beach and putting on a swim suit when you felt surrounded by thin, fit girls in bikinis will shake most women's confidence. Or going to a gym and finding that it's not welcoming to someone who's not in good shape already but who wants to be so. So I can understand why being encouraged to live your best life regardless of what society might think can be encouraging.

I agree that Whitney is an awful role model and that it's really dishonest of the show to try to present her as such. The problem is that with her it was all staged show and no real substance. Her "job" is being on this show so we don't get to see how an obese woman can navigate the pitfalls of the workplace (where it's been proven with studies that obese people, women in particular, are less likely to be promoted and more likely to be paid less than their equally qualified peers). We saw a few  Whitney's health scares quickly brushed away as unimportant, whereas most obese people are well aware that being overweight can be detrimental to their health. 

There's just no honesty with this show or with Whitney. And that what's most grating. I can deal with someone who is slovenly and obnoxious and silly, but it's the lack of honesty that really grates on my last nerve. Even the moments where Whitney does face real situations where she's (aledgedy) ridiculed for her weight feel staged. I just think that there is a place for a show that provides some inspiration for a community that does need it without pandering, fake stunts and a personality that is, to say the least, is laking.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Not everyone is that confident. For the most part, even at my heaviest, I didn't let my weight stop me from doing much of what I was physically capable of doing. I traveled, held down a job and worked out. But I'm not going to lie that having people judging me in public did have an impact on how I did things. It's not exactly pleasant to be eating out without someone judging what's on my plate. If I was eating something indulgent, I felt like they were thinking that of course, that was why I am fat. If I was eating something healthy, it felt like they were thinking "Who the hell does she think that she's fooling?". Going to a beach and putting on a swim suit when you felt surrounded by thin, fit girls in bikinis will shake most women's confidence. Or going to a gym and finding that it's not welcoming to someone who's not in good shape already but who wants to be so. So I can understand why being encouraged to live your best life regardless of what society might think can be encouraging.

I agree that Whitney is an awful role model and that it's really dishonest of the show to try to present her as such. The problem is that with her it was all staged show and no real substance. Her "job" is being on this show so we don't get to see how an obese woman can navigate the pitfalls of the workplace (where it's been proven with studies that obese people, women in particular, are less likely to be promoted and more likely to be paid less than their equally qualified peers). We saw a few  Whitney's health scares quickly brushed away as unimportant, whereas most obese people are well aware that being overweight can be detrimental to their health. 

There's just no honesty with this show or with Whitney. And that what's most grating. I can deal with someone who is slovenly and obnoxious and silly, but it's the lack of honesty that really grates on my last nerve. Even the moments where Whitney does face real situations where she's (aledgedy) ridiculed for her weight feel staged. I just think that there is a place for a show that provides some inspiration for a community that does need it without pandering, fake stunts and a personality that is, to say the least, is laking.

Very, very well said!

• Love 3
(edited)

Yes, Hana Chan, it would be more interesting to see someone stepping up and dealing with those issues you talk about,  than insultingly fake, poorly acted stunts.

Time for Twit to go. She's got nothing of interest,  much less fabulous,  going on,  literally. 

Go away Twit, and make a real life for yourself.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4

They need to cancel the big fat fabulous fraud. Chase was a paid bf but at least try to muster up some realness. I mean Henchi is a more believable long term partner for Twit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Whitney knew the relationship was going to end. She most likely also knew he had a girlfriend. She doesn’t care about that. In fact she probably got off on the idea that she got to be the ‘other woman’. I really believe she’s most upset because she’s lost control of the narrative. She gets the most upset when someone dares buck her script. Whitney always expected to be able to craft the breakup. Chase would be jealous and controlling. Whitney would make the mature but difficult decision to part. She’d get sympathy. She’d be admired. All of that is out the window now. I’m sure she’s seething at the idea that anyone dare not craft their entire life around supporting Whitney’s script.  

• Love 12

However, I’ll give Whit props for losing weight. It seems she’s either working out a lot harder, or taking care of her diet (which I doubt), or both, enough to create a caloric deficit. Seeing previous seasons, wow, she was huge. Now she’s still big but you can tell the difference.

If she is losing weight, she has to have at least tweaked her diet. You have to exercise a hell of a lot to lose weight without changing what you eat. She may have lost inches through exercise alone though.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Kid said:

My question is how much humiliation is she willing to take?  This thing with Chase. The whole Avi situation.  Her stalking of Lenny.   The “romance” with the talkshow personality who was just trying to be nice and respectful to her and he was gay!!! He had absolutely no romantic interest in her.  The split she did while on skis that took an army to get her back on her feet. The countless shots of her ass in the most unflattering way.  

The worst part of this is that she is reinforcing a stereotype that fat girls can’t get a man. And that is simply not true. There are plenty of fat girls that have husbands and boyfriends that are decent men. And you have a whole legion of them on My 600 Pound Life who have husbands and boyfriends (in this case, most are not worth having).  So Ms Fat Activist is actually validating the very thing that she is supposedly trying overcome.

The problem is that she wants a conventionally attractive man, but she does nothing to make herself attractive to that type.  She claimed in the early days when she was shown going on internet dates that she did not want a "chubby chaser" (although I think that was proven to be a lie when she excitedly told someone about Avi that he "likes big women"); at any rate, anyone picking a 300+ pound woman from a dating site is not doing it because he likes her personality, despite what they tell you on My 600 Lb Life 😄   If she wants a guy to fall for her personality, she needs to be where you can get to know someone that way - at work, church, joining a group for pursuing a hobby, etc. and she doesn't do those types of things.  Then she needs to factor in things like hygiene, appropriate outfits and not smelling prospective partners' armpits.  Conventionally attractive men who can date normal women do not typically want to tell their family and friends that they are dating an extremely obese woman who bathes once a week whether she needs it or not, only wears spandex and is apt to stick her nose in their private parts but they should just ignore it.  They just don't and it's not mean or "shaming" to say so.  She should be ashamed of herself, and if she loves being so fat then she should learn to put on a decent outfit and act right.

• Love 13