Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

But they are committing enough to this story to have it in the media...

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/celebrity-engagements-2019-which-stars-said-yes-this-year/

What a lovely engagement photo (sarcasm just in case you didn’t know)

Good gawd. In all the other photos, the individuals are dressed nicely and look happy. In theirs, Chase is shirtless and they both look dirty and unkempt. 

IF this is a real engagement, I wish them both the best. However, I think they'll wind up divorcing within three years.

• Love 2
Just now, Colleenna said:

Good gawd. In all the other photos, the individuals are dressed nicely and look happy. In theirs, Chase is shirtless and they both look dirty and unkempt. 

IF this is a real engagement, I wish them both the best. However, I think they'll wind up divorcing within three years.

I was just looking through the photos and noticing the same thing. 

I do want to believe they love each other and this is a good thing, but everything continues to ring fake (no pun intended). Look at that ring - do you think he could afford that?? And his social media is empty of this news. When his friends, unrelated to the show, start congratulating him on FB or IG, then maybe I’ll believe this is real. But the announcement was delayed to promote the show. That’s not a sign that this is real. 

• Love 7
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

I was just looking through the photos and noticing the same thing. 

I do want to believe they love each other and this is a good thing, but everything continues to ring fake (no pun intended). Look at that ring - do you think he could afford that?? And his social media is empty of this news. When his friends, unrelated to the show, start congratulating him on FB or IG, then maybe I’ll believe this is real. But the announcement was delayed to promote the show. That’s not a sign that this is real. 

Well, yeah. The next season --- not the one that just finished filming --- will be all about wedding planning. A trip to Kleinfeld's (home of TLC's Say Yes to the Dress) where Pnina Tornai will offer to custom make a dress for Twit. But will it end with "my big fat fabulous wedding" or will TLC decide that he dumps her? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, puppylover said:

This is just too funny - like it is sooooooo real.  lol  Her followers are clueless. 

How cute, they even throw in a "I'm jealous and think Buddy may still be in love with you" storyline for coloring.

Yeah put me down  for this is bullshit. Let me know when the wedding happens.

• Love 14

That preview is so bizarre. She met Ryan on a dating site? He's the one who demands they go to Paris? Chase thinks Buddy is in love with her and Whitney is SHOCKED!!  And then there's this comment she makes on the Big Announcement post:

EDIT: the ring is exactly what I wanted: yellow sapphire, diamonds, + white gold. 😩

Why the edit and the frownie emoji? Did someone suggest the ring looked a little, uh, inexpensive? And I have to wonder why a woman would want a yellow sapphire, when there is such a thing as (less expensive than white) yellow diamonds all over the place?

Chase has posted the same pic and announcement on his instagram account, giving equal billing to the new season of MBFFL. Heh.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

Chase has posted the same pic and announcement on his instagram account, giving equal billing to the new season of MBFFL. Heh.

Ha, right? He’s like, ‘we got engaged AND THE BEST PART is you can watch it all on tv!’ Gosh Chase, that’s the BEST PART of getting engaged? I mean, for him, it probably is though. 

Anyway, I want to laugh because faking an engagement for reality television is just so embarrassing and pathetic, but it actually makes me kind of sad for Big Whit because I’d bet she’s letting herself get a little swept up in the excitement, and it must be a shitty feeling to have to remember it’s not for real. She must wonder if, with her mean, overbearing personality, she’ll ever enjoy the excitement of an actual engagement.

• Love 9

Adding to the fakery: In all his piggishness, Buddy posts a photo of Chase, labels it Public Enemy Number One & says to watch the new srason to see how this fox got all up in his hen house.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I just can’t wrap my head around what on earth they have in common, what activities they’d enjoy together, etc if this were an actual engagement. I will not buy it even if they get “married” on tv. I’d love to peek at the NDA and whatever other contracts that poor guy signed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

His scrunchy face looks like he’s So in love holding back a puke.

If I'm wrong I'll come out and own it, but I don't buy it based on the faces he makes when he's shown with her. He makes it look like a job, not like someone who's actually in love. 

• Love 7

Chase has posted the announcement on Facebook. He's gotten about a dozen responses with comments at this point. Nearly all are one-word ("congratulations,") but my favorite is the person who responded "looking forward to watching."  There are also about 100 thumbs up/emoji responses. I didn't recognize any of the names, except for Leslie Nagle, Whitney's "dance mentor." Where are Babs and Glenn and Chase's parents? Or are they holding off on any connection between the families until the cameras roll?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

That preview is so bizarre. She met Ryan on a dating site? He's the one who demands they go to Paris? Chase thinks Buddy is in love with her and Whitney is SHOCKED!!  And then there's this comment she makes on the Big Announcement post:

I thought the part about Ryan setting up the Paris trip was pretty funny, not so much that he did that (I’m sure he didn’t) but her comment. Whitney says Ryan is so into getting more followers and growing the business. Her tone is one of frustration. To me it really confirmed what we’ve all suspected that Ryan is making a go of NoBSACtive completely on his own and she wasn’t ever expecting it to be much work. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Chase has posted the announcement on Facebook. He's gotten about a dozen responses with comments at this point. Nearly all are one-word ("congratulations,") but my favorite is the person who responded "looking forward to watching."  There are also about 100 thumbs up/emoji responses. I didn't recognize any of the names, except for Leslie Nagle, Whitney's "dance mentor." Where are Babs and Glenn and Chase's parents? Or are they holding off on any connection between the families until the cameras roll?

Chase also posted the Big News on his IG page.

All of them -- Twit, Chase, the Barnacles -- make the engagement announcement a pitch to watch the new season. That combination is what makes the engagement so suspect: why hold the news for 2 months until you can attach it to a pitch for the new season?

ETA: @3girlsforus's comment about the phony reason they are in Paris reminds me of the phony reason the gang went to HI, viz., Glenn got a big bonus which was burning a hole in his pocket.

Besides, since NoBSActive constantly makes the point that their on-line exercise is available globally, there is no reason to go to a foreign country to promote it.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Dot said:

Chase also posted the Big News on his IG page.

All of them -- Twit, Chase, the Barnacles -- make the engagement announcement a pitch to watch the new season. That combination is what makes the engagement so suspect: why hold the news for 2 months until you can attach it to a pitch for the new season?

Exactly. And of course they just happened to meet because of Ryan and happened to start dating right in time for the new season and Chase just happened to be ok with being on TV and they just happened to be ready to get engaged just in time for the Paris trip and season finale and just happened to announce the engagement as part of a media campaign for the new season and Chase just happens to be moving to Wilmington with no mention of Whitney moving there and he just happens to mention looking for people to go to the Bahamas to see a football game - no mention of Whitney and on and on it goes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Chase thinks Buddy is in love with her

This looks so scripted. It gives her a  reason to break the engagement just before the wedding for maximum effect. Of course this would be after we revisit some of the old memes: cake tasting, wedding gown shopping, finding a caterer, finding a dj who could play music for Whit to show off a little when (if) the reception occurs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Uuuugghh said:

I just can’t wrap my head around what on earth they have in common, what activities they’d enjoy together, etc if this were an actual engagement.

I take it you missed the story Whitney posted on instagram during the cruise, of her lying on the bed in her cabin, ass in the air and wiggling, as Chase knelt on the floor behind her, chasing her crack with his nose and sniffing.  Yeah, it was just as vulgar and revolting as it sounds, but they both seemed quite into it, at least at the moment.

Hardly my idea of the foundation for a long and happy marriage, but maybe those two crazy kids can make it work!

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I take it you missed the story Whitney posted on instagram during the cruise, of her lying on the bed in her cabin, ass in the air and wiggling, as Chase knelt on the floor behind her, chasing her crack with his nose and sniffing.  Yeah, it was just as vulgar and revolting as it sounds, but they both seemed quite into it, at least at the moment.

Hardly my idea of the foundation for a long and happy marriage, but maybe those two crazy kids can make it work!

Ugh yes I missed that. 🙏🏻🤮🤮💩☠️

• LOL 1

So here’s another piece of evidence that this is contrived. Heather posted about the engagement/season premiere indicating that she’s known all this time and can finally tell people. But then when someone asked if she was the maid of honor she says, ‘that’s a good question’. Are you kidding me? Even if they really did get engaged in October and decided to keep it quiet, are we supposed to believe they didn’t talk about it between them and she wouldn’t ask Heather to be the maid of honor - or someone?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

That video was a real gem.  Big Whit has confessed that she can't reach to wipe her ass.  Yet here this man is, sniffing her fat, sweaty, stanky ass as she wiggles it in his face.  That's true love right there!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So here’s another piece of evidence that this is contrived. Heather posted about the engagement/season premiere indicating that she’s known all this time and can finally tell people. But then when someone asked if she was the maid of honor she says, ‘that’s a good question’. Are you kidding me? Even if they really did get engaged in October and decided to keep it quiet, are we supposed to believe they didn’t talk about it between them and she wouldn’t ask Heather to be the maid of honor - or someone?

I didn't have a maid of honor (or any bridesmaids). I think some people know forever who their attendants will be and others decide pretty far after the proposal. Depending on how long they are planning to be engaged, there's not necessarily a need to name a maid of honor right away.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I didn't have a maid of honor (or any bridesmaids). I think some people know forever who their attendants will be and others decide pretty far after the proposal. Depending on how long they are planning to be engaged, there's not necessarily a need to name a maid of honor right away.

Sure. Normal people who are actually planning to get married do things in a variety of ways. Fame whores faking an engagement generally are operating on a story line. I have a feeling MBFFL is setting up an "Ashley versus Heather" battle for the honor of attending Whitney at the wedding.* A wedding that may or may not occur, but that will in any event play out over whatever time frame best suits TLC's schedule, and not the "bride's."

*I vote for Tal.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

Omg you guys I also just can’t wait to watch her win weight lifting! You know she’s #1 in the whole state riight!?!? Watch out olympics!

I’m sure she was #1 in her division - ‘Morbidly obese 35 year old women on TV’. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Sure. Normal people who are actually planning to get married do things in a variety of ways. Fame whores faking an engagement generally are operating on a story line. I have a feeling MBFFL is setting up an "Ashley versus Heather" battle for the honor of attending Whitney at the wedding.* A wedding that may or may not occur, but that will in any event play out over whatever time frame best suits TLC's schedule, and not the "bride's."

*I vote for Tal.

I second that vote for Tal.  I don’t know if anyone on here has noticed but Heather has been pretty obnoxious on Instagram lately (aside from the photos of her adorable kitty and children). It’s tarnished my opinion of her to be honest 

Edited by krushin
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

Omg you guys I also just can’t wait to watch her win weight lifting! You know she’s #1 in the whole state riight!?!? Watch out olympics!

So, I had to go looking. The North Carolina Weightlifting State Championship (USA Weightlifting sanctioned) took place on October 19 and October 20, 2019 in Greenville, NC at the ECU Recreation Center. Whitney competed in the 87 Kg+ group (192+ lbs.). There were four women, including Whitney, in the group and she came in last. I don't understand the scoring for this type of competition, so I am linking to the results here. But since there's a lot of results, here are just Whitney's:

Whitney Thore Greensboro, NC66 Weight Class: 87+ Kg   Total: 66   
Competition Weight: 152.2   Snatch 1:    Snatch 2:    Snatch 3: 25   Best Snatch:    CleanJerk 1:    CleanJerk 2:    CleanJerk 3:    Best CleanJerk: 41   

Someone who knows more about this than I do, feel free to interpret this!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, krushin said:

I second that vote for Tal.  I don’t know if anyone on here has noticed but Heather has been pretty obnoxious on Instagram lately (aside from the photos of her adorable kitty and children). It’s tarnished my opinion of her to be honest 

I’m curious what posts you find obnoxious. Her stuff seems pretty normal to me. Food, daily activities, kids, cat etc. 

2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

So, I had to go looking. The North Carolina Weightlifting State Championship, USA Weightlifting sanctioned, took place on Octber 19 and October 20, 2019 in Greenville, NC at the ECU Recreation Center. Whitney competed in the 87 Kg+ group (192+ lbs.). There were four women, including Whitney, in the group and she came in last. I don't understand the scoring for this type of competition, so I am linking to the results here. But since there's a lot of results, here are just Whitney's:

Competition Weight: 152.2   Snatch 1:    Snatch 2:    Snatch 3: 25   Best Snatch:    CleanJerk 1:    CleanJerk 2:    CleanJerk 3:    Best CleanJerk: 41   

I don’t know what the rest of it means but she weighs 335lbs. So she has lost weight. 

• Love 1

*I vote for Tal.

I second that vote for Tal.

Poor Tal. I don't see "Whitney's Maid of Honor" as being the easiest or most pleasant job in the world. Then again, I can see a MBFFL/Bridezillas crossover...

If we're really looking to stick it to Tal, I have the perfect idea. DOUBLE WEDDING!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Poor Tal. I don't see "Whitney's Maid of Honor" as being the easiest or most pleasant job in the world. Then again, I can see a MBFFL/Bridezillas crossover...

If we're really looking to stick it to Tal, I have the perfect idea. DOUBLE WEDDING!

I agree. Definitely not a job I’d want. It reminds me of a line from Dharma and Greg... “think less honor, more maid”

• LOL 3
46 minutes ago, krushin said:

Interesting observation. I would have said she's been LESS obnoxious in her IG posts since Twit moved out of her life.

Can you offer an example?

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Noooooo. Tal seems like a nice person. Why do something like that to him?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Chase looks like those dorky kids who grew up with a malformed jaw and no amount of speech therapy could help him, poor lad.

I'm shocked Sweatney agreed to marry anyone with a runaway tongue and a winky eye. Well, I haven't seen that buttcrack cruise Instagram video, so I am probably not shocked at all, actually.

lisp.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was going to write a long dissertation as to why this still seems fake and show driven, but I’ll refrain.  For their sake, I hope it is true and I hope they are happy.  I would continue, but my cynicism is ready to pour out, so I’ll look forward to a double wedding of the year with Henchi  and Wandaleeza Rice celebrating their impending nuptials.

source.gif

seriously though, I really want this to be true because I want to see if Whitney would act any differently if she were married.  

P.S.  I don’t have Facebook, but are any of his friends and family actually celebrating this?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Chase looks like those dorky kids who grew up with a malformed jaw and no amount of speech therapy could help him, poor lad.

I'm shocked Sweatney agreed to marry anyone with a runaway tongue and a winky eye. Well, I haven't seen that buttcrack cruise Instagram video, so I am probably not shocked at all, actually.

lisp.jpg

Chase maybe five years ago was much more attractive.  I don’t think he’s unattractive now, but he had shorter hair and was more in shape.  FWIW, in most pictures, I think he and Whitney are comparable looks wise unless you are turned off by her weight.  I say in pictures, because I don’t know how much they are edited.  I’d like to know what Babs and Glenn think about him (whether this is real or fake, it doesn’t matter.  I want to know what they think. I also want to know if Whitney called Lennie 10 times and he just worked at a Michaels store, how many times is she going to call just working in a club with a bunch of hot, horny 20-somethings in clubwear?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Interesting observation. I would have said she's been LESS obnoxious in her IG posts since Twit moved out of her life.

I don’t visit Heather page very often, but I think she’s been posting good things with her food post and pics of her new pet.  I haven’t seen anything obnoxious either but I rarely look at most of their page unless for on here.  I probably visit Tal’s page the most, just because he and Jon are so cute together.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 5

I scrolled through all 58 of the celebrity engagement photos and the last one was Twit and Chase and it wasn't the one at the top of the article. But I think it is an old one and definitely photoshopped to make her face very slim.

Fake, fake, fakety, fake, fake.... I'm not buying it. Though it would be interesting to see how she would behave if she actually did really get married.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Well first of all, she keeps posting these incredibly unappetizing, unhealthy processed  “meals” that she cooks and tagging them #dearfuturehusband

I'm sorry but most adults would never touch what she is making! With the disturbingly massive amounts of cheese she pours on everything she’s lucky she’s not Big Whit size by now. 

Secondly, she recently posted about how she “lost” some of her medications and then put the pharmacy’s name on blast for not immediately replacing them. I don’t know ANY pharmacy that would do this. There are very strict laws about this stuff and it’s unfair to blame a pharmacy for obeying those laws because you were irresponsible enough to lose your meds. Or “accidentally misplace” them. 

Edited by krushin
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So, I had to go looking. The North Carolina Weightlifting State Championship (USA Weightlifting sanctioned) took place on October 19 and October 20, 2019 in Greenville, NC at the ECU Recreation Center. Whitney competed in the 87 Kg+ group (192+ lbs.). There were four women, including Whitney, in the group and she came in last. I don't understand the scoring for this type of competition, so I am linking to the results here. But since there's a lot of results, here are just Whitney's:

Okay, I went to look this up, too, because a lot of it is blank. But it seems to be that way for all the participants.  I’ll do my best to explain.

In a standard weightlifting meet, all weights are done in kilograms.  If you want to get a rough idea of the weights in pounds, take the weight in kilos and multiply by 2.2.  All lifters are weighed before the meet to determine what weight class they’re in. There are two lifts:  the snatch and the clean & jerk.  For each lift, they get three attempts. The athlete decides what weights they want to attempt to lift.  The weights can either stay the same, or they can go up, but never down. (Example:  if she attempts a 20 kg snatch on her first attempt and fails, she can reattempt that weight, or she could go up to at least 21kg, but she cannot try and attempt 18kg instead). Lifters are scored by adding the weight from their heaviest successful snatch with their heaviest successful clean & jerk, provided they make at least one successful lift of each.  There are three judges watching the lifts:  one to the left, one in the center, and one to the right.  There is usually a light or paddle system that they use to indicate a good lift or no lift, based on the sport’s established standards.  At least two judges must indicate a good lift for it to be deemed successful.  

Typically, the scoresheets indicate the weights for all of their lifts attempted. If it was an unsuccessful lift, the number has a minus sign in front of it. For some reason, this one only shows the best lift from each athlete.  

Numbers in pounds

Bodyweight:  334.84 lbs.

Best snatch:  55 lbs.

Best clean & jerk:  90.2 lbs.

Total:  145.2 lbs.

What I don’t understand is why she was competing at a STATE championship meet.  Looking at her competitors in her weight class, the person that ranked the next place up had more than twice her total.  I mean, if you want to get your feet wet with competing, do it at a small, local meet.  Her home gym (Heavy Metal Barbell) HOSTED a meet in early November, which she did not participate in.  And that would make sense to me to do first.  

Edited to add:  the link I provided for the meet at Heavy Metal Barbell is more of an expected scoresheet. All lifts, good and bad are recorded there. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Very informative, @Yajmele. Thanks for sharing.

One Q: do the promoters weigh the contestants or take their word for what they weigh? (We know Twit lies a lot.)

Oh, no no.  Someone is weighing athletes with a physical scale.  I don’t think the rule is there anymore, but it used to be that in the event of two athletes in a weight class getting the same lifting total, the person with the lower body weight would rank first. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1