Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Belly Up

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can't even imagine running or walking for MILES when over 300 pounds.

That's the thing, though: Whitney claims to be fit and fat. Not "fit for being 360 lb," but fit. Period. She is a dancer, period. She works out and is athletic, period. She might survive on a steady diet of other people's low expectations, but she considers herself (outwardly, at least) to be above that level. She enters a Crossfit competition and wants, nay, expects to WIN the WHOLE THING. We are not dealing with a woman who is like "you know what? I'm big, but I will do the best I can for being this size, and enjoy working out." We are dealing with a woman who is truly delusional and uses the magic of YouTube and television editing to pretend that she is able to do sustained activity that she is simply incapable of doing. And I have known people who have been 350 lb and done a 5K in 45 minutes, and did it without bitching the whole time. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You can't just point to another spot with one sign.  If Whit violated it, then shame on her. If not, then she was not violating a handicapped space rule.http://legalbeagle.com/7421962-north-handicap-parking-space-requirements.html  

One sign designating two spaces doesn't seem to be a problem.

"A handicapped sign must designate all accessible parking spaces, at least 24 inches by 24 inches in size, which contains the international symbol of access."

It says a handicapped sign must designate "all" handicapped spaces, not "each" handicapped space.  No reason why a sign between two spaces can't serve to designate both, as long as it makes it plain that's what it is doing.

In any event, that a space is designated for handicapped parking is generally obvious, even if the business skimped a little on the signage. And even in olden times, before the ADA was passed, I remember my father passing up the empty space closest to the business entrance. When I would whine about having to walk to the door, he'd say, "You should leave that space for someone who really needs it and be grateful it isn't you."

But I guess Whitney could make a firm case she is one of the people who really needs the space by the door.  So fabulous!

• Love 2

I'm sure since Todd is one of her besties she insisted that he had to be part of the show.  To create the character of bestie, they had to place him as living/working in Greensboro in order to explain why he was always there.  So ipso ergo - Todd "lives" in Greensboro and helps Twit with the BGDC, and now she has her fabulous gay BFF to be all hip and cool and stuff.  And they can go to the Clerb and gossip and fabulous adventures, like being in the St. Pat's day parade and going to the Gay Pride festival.

• Love 3
Just now, Ketzel said:

One sign designating two spaces doesn't seem to be a problem.

"A handicapped sign must designate all accessible parking spaces, at least 24 inches by 24 inches in size, which contains the international symbol of access."

It says a handicapped sign must designate "all" handicapped spaces, not "each" handicapped space.  No reason why a sign between two spaces can't serve to designate both, as long as it makes it plain that's what it is doing.

In any event, that a space is designated for handicapped parking is generally obvious, even if the business skimped a little on the signage. And even in olden times, before the ADA was passed, I remember my father passing up the empty space closest to the business entrance. When I would whine about having to walk to the door, he'd say, "You should leave that space for someone who really needs it and be grateful it isn't you."

But I guess Whitney could make a firm case she is one of the people who really needs the space by the door.  So fabulous!

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.safetysign.com/products/7445/north-carolina-handicap-parking?s=st1zsk1mbkzgp9ckzbg13

I see what you mean.  I"m still not convinced it's legit.  That's why normally you see a separate sign for each spot.  I don't know.  I wouldn't chance it, just in case I was wrong.  Not worth a right or fine. 

2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

"My giddyup is hitching even more than usual today! Aren't I FAAABULOUS?"

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

That's the thing, though: Whitney claims to be fit and fat. Not "fit for being 360 lb," but fit. Period. She is a dancer, period. She works out and is athletic, period. She might survive on a steady diet of other people's low expectations, but she considers herself (outwardly, at least) to be above that level. She enters a Crossfit competition and wants, nay, expects to WIN the WHOLE THING. We are not dealing with a woman who is like "you know what? I'm big, but I will do the best I can for being this size, and enjoy working out." We are dealing with a woman who is truly delusional and uses the magic of YouTube and television editing to pretend that she is able to do sustained activity that she is simply incapable of doing. And I have known people who have been 350 lb and done a 5K in 45 minutes, and did it without bitching the whole time. 

I don't disagree with you at all. 

10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess the most impressed that I've been this season is her climbing on the horse!  Really. Even with that stand she got on.  That couldn't have been easy.    

Give it another 5 , 10 years at this size & weight - she won't be doing ANY of that.  When I first started watching S1- I liked Twit , wanted to see this PLUS size woman killing it at life while trying to get healthy. At least that's what I thought the shows premise was. All I see week after week , season after season since then is this rude , vulgar, lazy , nasty , selfish woman-child half ass literally everything and act deluded. I don't want to come online and bully her about her weight - twit is just such a f^cking azzhole it's hard to not go that low at times. If the renewed season continues like this , I may be forced to just read MBFFL snark on PTv. 

Nah, who am I kidding ! I'll watch ( but I won't like it!!) and snark on PTv 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

This is what I was hoping this show would be--the journey of an overweight woman who's accepted herself but still strives to be healthy. 

And what do we have now? All I can think of are the lyrics from Britney Spears' "Circus":

"There's only two types of people in the world
The ones that entertain, and the ones that observe
Well baby I'm a put-on-a-show kinda girl
Don't like the backseat, gotta be first
I'm like the ringleader
I call the shots (call the shots)
I'm like a firecracker
I make it hot
When I put on a show"

Note line number 4, except unlike Britney, Twitney has nothing to work with.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't disagree with you at all. 

I think I am misinterpreting your posts, then, because it seemed like you were kind of scolding us for not being impressed with her abilities "for her size." I actually would be pleased with her work ethic if I didn't suspect that every physical thing she does is put on exclusively for the cameras...I don't think she sets foot in the gym unless she is on camera, for example. Plus we (society in general) just have such naturally low expectations for someone her size, which I think might be a bit condescending to the folks I have met who are obese and CAN do tough workouts. 

Also, I find the misdirection Whitney does to be very offensive. "Hey, look, I can walk a 5K! I can climb a few flights of stairs! I have to get my friends to put my shoes on for me, but look over here, I swam one lap! In a BIKINI!" It's hard to be impressed with her physical prowess when she cannot shave her own legs.

• Love 10

Oh, I don't view Whit as being honest with herself at all. I do think that she's either in denial or very deluded.  I do however, believe that obesity and food addictions can cause things in a person's brain that defy logic and reason. That's why it's so frustrating to watch her self destruct.  I have no delusions that she will not crash and burn if she continues without SIGNIFICANT weight loss.

I suppose that I do have the willingness to take the good from the bad.  Plus, this is filmed in NC and we need all the business we can get.  Not sure who knows, but our legislature has doomed our economy with HB2.  (That's another story.) 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I don't view Whit as being honest with herself at all. I do think that she's either in denial or very deluded.  I do however, believe that obesity and food addictions can cause things in a person's brain that defy logic and reason. That's why it's so frustrating to watch her self destruct.  I have no delusions that she will not crash and burn if she continues without SIGNIFICANT weight loss.

I suppose that I do have the willingness to take the good from the bad.  Plus, this is filmed in NC and we need all the business we can get.  Not sure who knows, but our legislature has doomed our economy with HB2.  (That's another story.) 

Your optimism is refreshing, LOL I think most of us are like "this bitch is doomed! Pass the popcorn so I can watch!" ;)

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Your optimism is refreshing, LOL I think most of us are like "this bitch is doomed! Pass the popcorn so I can watch!" ;)

I suppose I'm that way too.  I just have other people that I feel that way about.  Don't get me started on Bethenny (RHONY)!  lol  And Whit frustrates me too.  I would love for something to really get through to her.  But, I think that short of a miracle., she'll have to figure it out for herself.  She's a spoiled girl.  No doubt about that.  Maybe, some day she will just get it.  Once your mind gets right, your chances of recovery are much better, imo.  Something has to click in the head.  I would like to see that for Whit.   Time will tell.   Plus, snark is part of reality tv.  So that's what I expect with message boards.  It's not for sissies. lol 

• Love 2

The blocked-off spaces next to the Handicap Parking Spots are actually integral parts of the parking space. They provide room for the handicapped passenger or driver to maneuver their wheelchair, or to extend a ramp from a Van

• Love 8
2 hours ago, John M said:

There is little doubt in my mind that Whit's super morbid obesity would qualify her as disabled at this point and she could easily have handicapped plates which are blurred out anyways instead of a placard.

I'm sure she could get a doctor to give her DP plates simply because of her size. If she has one, however, she is using it fraudulently since she can run, dance, etc. & therefore is not disabled to the extent that she can't walk a few spaces in a parking lot rather than parking near the door. Shame on her if she's taking advantage of her size in this way. No B S my left foot.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

The blocked-off spaces next to the Handicap Parking Spots are actually integral parts of the parking space. They provide room for the handicapped passenger or driver to maneuver their wheelchair, or to extend a ramp from a Van

That is good to know! Thanks. So she still essentially took up a handicap spot, that b*tch! 

Oh god anyone close wanna go and report back? 

IMG_4393.JPG

11 minutes ago, AmyB said:

That is good to know! Thanks. So she still essentially took up a handicap spot, that b*tch! 

IMG_4393.JPG

Oooh that's like an hour away from me. Damn. Tomorrow though. We have some glassblowing stuff to close up tomorrow evening so I doubt I could convince the husband to head off to Charlotte with me. 

Also, re Todd and NYC: I thought the same thing about him living there. I was really confused at her confusion. Even I knew he lived there...his fb profile says he lives there so why was she like "what are you going there for?" Such a stupid pointless (my husband would make a dad-joke here and say "it's round!" harhar) lie. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

.Maybe, some day she will just get it.  Once your mind gets right, your chances of recovery are much better, imo.  Something has to click in the head.  I would like to see that for Whit.   Time will tell.

The frustrating part is that she DID get it, back when she lost the 100 lbs with Will a couple of years ago.  But then she quit working out with him and gained it all back, and more.  So why did she lost it?  And what would it take for her to get it again?

I've rewatched Whitney doing the belly dancing and I'm really trying to see what those who thought she didn't do badly saw that I didn't. Maybe it's because I do this kind of dancing that I see her performance a lot differently. And I get tired of seeing a dance form that I genuinely enjoy being painted as if it's so easy to pick up that a rank amateur who's never done this type of dance before (even if she's trained in other forms) could pick it up so easily that she was considered good enough to be in a performance of any kind, let alone one where the audience is paying to see them dance. Again, this is a form that I actually study, so I (and others here) have real understanding of what the dance is really supposed to look like.

Belly dancing is more than just wiggling your hips and waving your arms. There's meaning to these movements and they're controlled and elegant as well as sensual. There are steps for moving across the floor and moves that isolate different parts of your body so that your torso might be doing one thing, but your hips are busy doing something else. Moving your hips back and forth would barely qualify as the most basic of moves an 

And it has nothing to do with Whitney's size. There are plenty of great plus-sized belly dancers out there who take the dance seriously, study it and don't just see it as a place where their "meat" is appreciated. And they actually dance and move across the floor and do turns and use their whole bodies. I'd posted a video of this dancer before (in the Whitney thread) and this is another great example of how a dancer who is around Whitney's size can dance so beautifully. This dancer shows fluidity and control in her movements and is a pleasure to watch. As for Whitney.... I'm sorry, but all I see someone shaking her flab and calling it "dancing".

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Thank you! I can't tell you how many people I scream at when I see them use these spaces - I call the police when the cars are unattended all  of the time. My nephew is in a chair and if he can't extend the ramp onto the lined extension of the space he cant roll out of the van..

I really enjoyed this episode. I just adore belly dancing - such a joyful and high energy art form. And a welcome relief to the twerking and fist pumping crap that passes as dancing in this show. I particularly appreciate the teacher prompting Whit to take off her sezzy face. It's an art form not entertainment for a bachelor party.

Where was the "Don't lots of folks in NC have a family tree that's a wreath" joke?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I've rewatched Whitney doing the belly dancing and I'm really trying to see what those who thought she didn't do badly saw that I didn't. Maybe it's because I do this kind of dancing that I see her performance a lot differently. And I get tired of seeing a dance form that I genuinely enjoy being painted as if it's so easy to pick up that a rank amateur who's never done this type of dance before (even if she's trained in other forms) could pick it up so easily that she was considered good enough to be in a performance of any kind, let alone one where the audience is paying to see them dance. Again, this is a form that I actually study, so I (and others here) have real understanding of what the dance is really supposed to look like.

Belly dancing is more than just wiggling your hips and waving your arms. There's meaning to these movements and they're controlled and elegant as well as sensual. There are steps for moving across the floor and moves that isolate different parts of your body so that your torso might be doing one thing, but your hips are busy doing something else. Moving your hips back and forth would barely qualify as the most basic of moves an 

And it has nothing to do with Whitney's size. There are plenty of great plus-sized belly dancers out there who take the dance seriously, study it and don't just see it as a place where their "meat" is appreciated. And they actually dance and move across the floor and do turns and use their whole bodies. I'd posted a video of this dancer before (in the Whitney thread) and this is another great example of how a dancer who is around Whitney's size can dance so beautifully. This dancer shows fluidity and control in her movements and is a pleasure to watch. As for Whitney.... I'm sorry, but all I see someone shaking her flab and calling it "dancing".

I've seen really good belly dancers, so I was really surprised when the woman who brought Whitney into this seemed to be so mediocre at it. Isn't she supposed to be an instructor?  Whitney was fairly inept at this, but this woman didn't seem all that much better.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AmyB said:

IMG_4393.JPG

Gee, will Daddy Glenn & Mommy Babs be there, too, to cheer on their 12-year-old daughter?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought the most telling indicator of Whitney's actual abilities was the 5K she did (last season? The one before?). It was the only time she has done a for-sure continuous workout, that could not have been edited together from snippets of actual work.

I don't see why it couldn't have been edited just as all her other exercises are. Jog 100 feet, sit down & rest. Jog another 100 feet, sit down & rest. Et cetera.  She ALWAYS looks sweaty & would just as much this way as if she actually had done the 5K. I don't believe it for a minute.

• Love 1

And what's with Maney & Roy sanctioning another dance battle? What's in it for them since it's going to be in Charlotte? ( Tho I guess they don't know that yet.) Why is Maney being nice to Twit again?  Did TPTB drop an anvil on his head? Or dock his pay after the last episode?

Is TLC going to recycle all the old scripts? Another Lennie? Another lesbian? A BGDC franchise in Charlotte? Another fainting spell?

Oh, pls, TLC gods. Recycle the ski trip!

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Dot said:

I don't see why it couldn't have been edited just as all her other exercises are. Jog 100 feet, sit down & rest. Jog another 100 feet, sit down & rest. Et cetera.  She ALWAYS looks sweaty & would just as much this way as if she actually had done the 5K. I don't believe it for a minute.

I found her results based on her chip time--chip times don't lie, you go over the start, there's usually a turnaround, you go back over the finish:      

304.   243  F31  Whitney Thore  Greensboro NC  1:01:36   19:501:02:45

She placed 304 out of 307. Gotta hand it to her, she stuck it out (I give credit when it's due, despite her complaining--she did not quit).

Edited by TurtlePower
Stupid autocorrect was incorrect, AGAIN
  • Love 2

I haven't seen this commented on yet but did anyone check out what her brother wore to Twit's "performance"?  "Carefully" ripped jeans complete with a hipster doofus hip chain and Miami Vice-inspired jacket and V-neck. With a 5'oclock shadow. Dude looked like was trying out as a George Michael (RIP) tribute act. I actually laughed out loud. Then Heather waltzes in with some monstrosity of a tunic and loud leggings. Serious crimes against good taste. No wonder no one seems to mind that Twit walks around in leggings and sweaty, beaten up tanks all day. What a motley crew.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I was expecting to see Whit and her parents discussing her "cousin date" and asking them for more background on this guy and if they knew who he was, etc.. but we got nothing. That sure went away in a hurry. Whit's disgust and her running out the door was so juvenile. It's not like they had sex or anything. I would have stayed and asked him more questions, they could have ended up as friends, especially if they really were related in some way.  

That was pretty bizarre. If I really*, out of all the people online in my area, managed to connect with someone who turned out to be a distant relative, I'd be amused and interested.  Second cousins aren't even within the prohibited degrees of consanguinity (they can marry) in the US, so even if Whitney had been idly trying on a few sexual fantasies about Nathan, just to see how it felt, she wasn't doing anything that horrifying. When she started howling about how GROSS she felt because she went out dancing with HER COUSIN, all I could think of were all the family events when I actually danced with my FATHER!! Sometimes more than once!!  Far from feeling gross, I actually enjoyed it! What kind of a perverted individual lacking in all proper feeling am I?!

(It's probably no excuse that he was an Arthur Murray instructor as a young man and still did a mean foxtrot in his eighties. When he was in rehab recovering from a partially paralyzing stroke, I once came into the center to find him tangoing down the main hallway with his physical therapist.)

*I know, I know.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

The frustrating part is that she DID get it, back when she lost the 100 lbs with Will a couple of years ago.  But then she quit working out with him and gained it all back, and more.  So why did she lost it?  And what would it take for her to get it again?

Okay.  Here's my theory, though I AM NO EXPERT. I just know what I have seen with people who have eating disorders.  Food and eating for people with eating disorders is something quite different than a normal person.  They aren't able to just tell themselves things that are rational, like reduce calories work out, lose weight, fill fit, everything is fine. They think about food and what they are going to eat every minute of the day.  They have difficult to control impulses.  It doesn't cooperate with them like an average person who just wants to drop a few pounds.

Their relationship with food just doesn't let them have that kind of normal thinking process.  So, what I have seen with people that I am close to is a VERY STRICT approach to dieting and exercise.  Doing this they can lose 100 pounds.   They give it all they have and white knuckle it.  They hang on for dear life as if the diet is something you have to endure.  Even if they lose some weight, they get exhausted from white knuckling and eventually give up, because, what they are doing is not sustainable.  If their brain would allow them to approach their diet as a lifetime plan, they could learn to enjoy the nutritious food, moderate treats, normal living without the white knuckling and burn out that can bring.  

That's my take on it.  I've seen it happen to a couple of my people that I know for years.  EXTREME one way or the other.  That's why I think that people with issues like this may benefit from therapy. It's just more complicated than someone going on a diet.  They can do that, but, it won't help long term. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

That was pretty bizarre. If I really*, out of all the people online in my area, managed to connect with someone who turned out to be a distant relative, I'd be amused and interested.  Second cousins aren't even within the prohibited degrees of consanguinity (they can marry) in the US, so even if Whitney had been idly trying on a few sexual fantasies about Nathan, just to see how it felt, she wasn't doing anything that horrifying. When she started howling about how GROSS she felt because she went out dancing with HER COUSIN, all I could think of were all the family events when I actually danced with my FATHER!! Sometimes more than once!!  Far from feeling gross, I actually enjoyed it! What kind of a perverted individual lacking in all proper feeling am I?!

(It's probably no excuse that he was an Arthur Murray instructor as a young man and still did a mean foxtrot in his eighties. When he was in rehab recovering from a partially paralyzing stroke, I once came into the center to find him tangoing down the main hallway with his physical therapist.)

*I know, I know.

Not for nothing, but my husband's parents are first cousins.  They had three children -- a physician, a psychologist, and a lawyer.

• Love 2

Also Twit most emphatically did NOT belly dance. She lumbered out. Shimmied her shoulders and then pulled some hula moves. When Babs said "beautiful" I can only surmise she was talking about the other two. And at the risk of sounding like a terrible person...there was nothing beautiful about a 400lb woman with terrible back tattoos and bad hombre hair dancing around diners in a sequined bikini top. Put that nightmare genie back in her bottle please...

• Love 17

I wasn't bothered by the chance 'date' with the second cousin (especially because it was fabricated), but the belly dance with tons of skin hanging out & getting jiggled right smack in front of her father & brother, along with her father being oh so impressed at how 'beautiful' it was - that I found gross & creepy.

Jiya certainly has perfected the shit eating grin.

The preview - Todd's upset because Whit made it all about her. Well who else is it ever about? Does he not know whose show it is? More contrived drama nonsense.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Alapaki said:

You're something, but it ain't "senshus".

No no no no no no no.... I've figured it out. We're all just not getting it. 

She's saying SCENT-ous. As in full of scent. SCENT like BO because she hasn't showered yet this decade. 

See?? She IS! She IS scentous. Silly us. We should quit scent-shaming. 

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Can't wait to see the New York episode. You have to do a shitload of walking when in NYC. It wears me out every time I visit and I'm not any where near Whit's size. It should be interesting. 

I know. I predict a LOT of camera cuts and lots of taxis and metro-tube-subway-whatever they call it rides. Please God not a horse and carriage though. Let's not see another poor horse tortured on this shit show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I found her results based on her chip time--chip times don't lie, you go over the start, there's usually a turnaround, you go back over the finish:      

She placed 304 out of 307. Gotta hand it to her, she stuck it out (I give credit when it's due, despite her complaining--she did not quit).

The course for that race was a looped course so she had to do two loop. Her dad was with her and I think that is the only reason she stuck it out. Otherwise she would have dropped out. I cannot fathom why in the world she had to wear the penguin outfit though. I get wearing outfits to some races and I have seen some very strange ones (one guy was dressed as an actual real birthday cake for a 10k) But this was her first so it makes no sense why she would do that. Also she has not done a race since then. Gotta love athlinks lol. Typical one and done Whitney.  

I don't think the MRL show really thinks there will be another dance battle. Roy couldn't even remember setting this up. They only talked briefly about the show and I got the sense they are actually annoyed with it now. And i doubt this dance battle is gonna take place. The time frame on the show is Nov and it is now almost April. They publicized the first one on social media and I have not seen anything for a second one.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

http://www.safetysign.com/products/7445/north-carolina-handicap-parking?s=st1zsk1mbkzgp9ckzbg13

I see what you mean.  I"m still not convinced it's legit.  That's why normally you see a separate sign for each spot.  I don't know.  I wouldn't chance it, just in case I was wrong.  Not worth a right o

I'm watching now ant there's 2 handicap signs I can see and the one in the close up shot ( she parked in the spot next to between the blue sign and ramp) The sign has <-----> on it . Which leads me to believe all spots along the building are handicap. 

Either she's got those plates ( but like a poster above said she runs,dances) or she's just a creep

1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

No no no no no no no.... I've figured it out. We're all just not getting it. 

She's saying SCENT-ous. As in full of scent. SCENT like BO because she hasn't showered yet this decade. 

See?? She IS! She IS scentous. Silly us. We should quit scent-shaming. 

I know. I predict a LOT of camera cuts and lots of taxis and metro-tube-subway-whatever they call it rides. Please God not a horse and carriage though. Let's not see another poor horse tortured on this shit show.

NYC subways also have about 5 million stairs( with tons of rushed New Yorkers who will not appreciate getting trapped behind slow moving Twit)..... Good luck Twit. I predict LOTS of hailing of cabs

also, speaking of sen-shus - that belly dancing instructor is smokin hot ( to me anyway ) I'd def switch teams for her ?

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

I don't understand the biggie about the cuz. It's not like he was her first cousin. I mean Jerry Lee Lewis married his first cousin once removed.

I want to know how much did the belly dance teacher get for being such a kiss ass to Twit. She's officially a social barnacle.

Dinner show:  Hunter and Glen looked ready to check out and are so done with the crap.  Buddy looked stoned or really drugged up and possibly ready to  tip over. Did anyone notice the glazed look in his eyes and the fact he only stared?  And it wasn't cause he wants Twitney.

Otherwise boring episode.

In regards to the next week preview. I'm calling bait and switch by TLC. I think Todd likes sucking up to her.

• Love 2

Two comments ( I was yelling at my tv): 

Wash your hair,  woman!  

And for fuck s sake,  stand up straight!  

Is her stomach so heavy that she had to lean forward on every surface? 

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Maggienolia said:

And HOW RUDE! Nathan tells her they're cousins and she can't get out of there fast enough. So what, you can't be polite? Talking to him is suddenly forbidden? You didn't kiss.

And for heaven sake, it's North Carolina.  There's a joke state slogan site, and the one for NC , "five million people, 15 last names."
One of my grandmothers is from NC, and the last names leap frog from generation to generation.  They're not closely related, probably 3rd or 4th cousins, but they are kin.
The logical thng, to me, would have been for Whit and Nathan to start comparing notes, on who they knew, etc.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, auntjess said:

The logical thng, to me, would have been for Whit and Nathan to start comparing notes, on who they knew, etc.

Unless, of course, Nathan was an actor reciting a script and the whole "family relationship" was a set-up devised by TLC. I may be slow, but I am sensing a pattern here . . . .

I think they should change the name of this to My Big Fat Fictional Life.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, auntjess said:

The logical thng, to me, would have been for Whit and Nathan to start comparing notes, on who they knew, et

Like how cool would it be to meet your cousin who's around your age - has teen children . You may find you really like them so you've got more family to hang with than just Glen & babs every minute . But no . Not twit. She flees the scene like an idiot .  Actually , you're lucky Nathan .  

This is mbffl so it's prolly all fake 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Covering her hair would have looked a lot better than Whitney's unwashed, unbrushed mess.

I've said it before, but it comes down to respecting the people who offer you a gig, or a job.  You owe it to them to present yourself in a professional manner, i.e. CLEAN and neat.
I didn't understand why Babs flipped out so much when the skirt slipped though, the black shorts were decent, or at least to my old eyes.
And when you could see her legs, with no shoes, I wonder if her legs are going to end up with those lympho- or lipo- demas, so prevalent on 600 lb Life.

11 hours ago, AmyB said:

see the squared off space. The rest are open indicating u can park there. Where Twit parked is a closed square.

Isn't the square the path left for a wheelchair?

• Love 2

This has been bothering me a little more than it probably should and mostly for the principle of just figuring it out at this point, to be honest. But here's what I think happened with the parking. I've gotten up close and personal with this scene a couple of times comparing it with this photo and I think she parked in the spot I've circled and pointed to (which doesn't appear to be an actual parking spot as it has a line down the middle of it). But you'll note the three handicapped signs on the wall, all double arrowed meaning effectively all of those spots are handicapped. Anyway thus ends my sleuthing and irrelevant commenting on parking and annoyance with her taking up spaces for actual handicapped folks.IMG_1959.thumb.JPG.325e973b4446ce26155b798ed37e6d24.JPG

I used to love Babs but is it just me or has she gotten super contrived this season? Even she is feeling very fake and scripted. I thought she had some funny southern old lady one liners but now her delivery is very stilted and...I don't know, hokey? 

Buddy looked like he had no idea where he was supposed to be looking during that dance though haha. Heather played it off like he was pretending not to have been watching because his girlfriend was there but I think he was just embarrassed for Whitney. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

I don't understand the biggie about the cuz. It's not like he was her first cousin. I mean Jerry Lee Lewis married his first cousin once removed.

Who was 13 years old, as I recall.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scoopski potata said:

This has been bothering me a little more than it probably should and mostly for the principle of just figuring it out at this point, to be honest. But here's what I think happened with the parking. I've gotten up close and personal with this scene a couple of times comparing it with this photo and I think she parked in the spot I've circled and pointed to (which doesn't appear to be an actual parking spot as it has a line down the middle of it). But you'll note the three handicapped signs on the wall, all double arrowed meaning effectively all of those spots are handicapped. Anyway thus ends my sleuthing and irrelevant commenting on parking and annoyance with her taking up spaces for actual handicapped folks.IMG_1959.thumb.JPG.325e973b4446ce26155b798ed37e6d24.JPG

I used to love Babs but is it just me or has she gotten super contrived this season? Even she is feeling very fake and scripted. I thought she had some funny southern old lady one liners but now her delivery is very stilted and...I don't know, hokey? 

Buddy looked like he had no idea where he was supposed to be looking during that dance though haha. Heather played it off like he was pretending not to have been watching because his girlfriend was there but I think he was just embarrassed for Whitney. 

I, for one, have appreciated your persistence in unraveling the parking space conundrum. Full disclosure: I am disabled -- knees are shot -- & have had DP plates for about 15 years. If it's a good day, I can manage with a cane. As I've aged, more & more I have to use my walker (which I HATE). Anyway, 2 points: (1) It's very disspiriting for me to see abled-bodied ppl using handicapped spaces & I hope there's a special place in hell for them. And (2) I've noticed here in CA that shop owners with older parking lots can get away with designating 2 spaces with the double-arrowed sign as handicapped rather than having a space plus one with diagonal lines indicating "no parking." When they resurface the parking lot, however, they are required to paint the space along with the blocked-area. In fact, more often 2 handicapped spaces with the "no parking" space in-between is the norm. So maybe that's what's going on at the dance studio: old parking lot with temporary signage until the lot is resurfaced. Altho I find it peculiar that a dance studio would have so many handicapped spaces. Do you suppose the studio is in a little mall with a clinic?

I agree about Babs: tiresome. I said something similar to your comment in an earlier thread.

ETA: Those of you who pointed out upthread that the diagonal-lined "no parking" space is so that wheelchairs can be retrieved are correct. The same goes for walkers; I need the "no parking" space for room to pull my walker from the back seat of my car.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 2